Dwemer Fortress 2020

Second thread. Welcome everyone! I started a new world since last time and this time started up a fortress so we can jump right in. The tileset is taffers
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=107924.0

the mods are easy to find on the page because theyre some of the only ones available for the newest versions.

Attached: 1.png (648x3714, 2.26M)

Another orcish army has arrived. The fire-snail has not left. Will update as events transpire.

Attached: 2.png (1920x1086, 202K)

the orcs immediately engage and one is set on fire.

Attached: 3-snailcam.gif (1276x915, 3.37M)

They clash and the snail refuses to go down, a lot of it is obscured by the burning orc smoke. He gets whipped in one of the wing and gets shot the fuck up before hurting anyone. He's shot so much his shell just breaks off. Many orcs are on fire, but because he burned down the forest earlier there's nowhere for the fire to spread.

Attached: 3-2snailcam.gif (638x458, 710K)

It ends the same. He is completely obliterated by the crossbows. And also they kill the sentry cat.

Attached: 3-3snailcam.gif (1276x915, 3.47M)

Apparently the prince of the whole dwarven kingdom was living here because the old king just died so now we have a king.

Attached: 4.png (1920x1086, 33K)

Good post, upvoted

Keep going I'm enjoying it

Oh boy, I hope you can meet his demands unless you want him to go mad

rip thread too good for nu-Yea Forums

Very small update,
we're fully sealed up in the fortress. There's the siege up top I dont think we're capable of dealing with, and a sentient blob of vomit that spits webs in the outer caverns, so I'm waiting for something to come along and get rid of it or our military to get better.

I evicted the expedition leader from his home and gave it to the king, working on furnishing it.
When I was first setting up the fortress we had migrants arrive on the surface before I breached it, so I ended up sending some of them to conquer a nearby orcish town and they completely vanished from existence. Dwemer live a maximum of 300 years so I guess many are dying of old age now and we've had many people claim titles, but most of them were disappeared so we only have a two to deal with.

Attached: 5.png (1428x1638, 68K)

Also if anyone even with no experience in the game has any suggestion I'm all ears. I feel like doing something stupid.

Everyone knows how to use their sword decently now, and I need wood, so I'm sending the soldiers out to fight the vomit.

Attached: 6.png (1396x876, 46K)

It's very messy, we instantly lose one soldier and even more are injured, but they kill it.

Attached: 6-1.gif (1826x915, 3.08M)

one soldier survives but will likely be crippled forever. She will be retired from the service and a new peasant will be conscripted.

Attached: casualty.png (1820x563, 89K)

bump for a great thread. even though I can't contribute much as I don't play Dorf Fortress, I love reading about it however

One of our best woodcrafters died in a terrible accident. As far as I can tell he was trying to gather logs just as a lumberjack was cutting one down and the tree fell right on his head. Luckily all this wood means we can actually get some coffins out, and in a bunch of fun colors too. I think this is what he would want.

Attached: 7.png (1920x1086, 30K)

It's been very quiet. We've had time to harvest all the trees and make enough coffins for everybody.
One thing I'll mention now is that a few years ago another forgotten beast came to the fort, a crystal glass toxic quadraped, and he immediately jumped in the lava lake for a bath. He sunk to the bottom and constantly for years he's been fighting with a fire imp. He can't hit him so they just keep dancing around each other in the lava forever slowing the game. A deep person could probably use this as a metaphor for something.

Attached: duel.gif (996x245, 30K)

Once again the orcs left silently. I've opened the fortress and started rebuilding the surface gate, this time out of stone.
We actually came out with a really good profit, the fire breathing titan killed like 9-11 orcs (cant be sure exactly, burnt them all to dust. All that was left was their armor.)

Attached: 8.png (1920x1086, 100K)

An incredibly dangerous forgotten beast shows up, but he chose one of the sides I completely walled up. I'm afraid of the day one shows up from the lake, but that's what the peasant soldiers are for.

Attached: 9.png (1920x1086, 153K)

we crawl through winter and reach a new year.
It turns out I was wrong in The forgotten beast didn't kill those orcs, they were in the ponds when winter came and they were frozen alive.
I've built some guildhalls, and re-armed the sentry cat towers.
I would like to send out another raid, but the captain of the militias was sent out on the squad that disappeared, so I'm limited to only the fortress guard and I don't want to send them because we need them.

Attached: 11.png (447x560, 21K)

Speaking of only having a fortress guard, we have no jail built and we desperately need one because the nobles are demanding things and when we don't give them what they want they order the guard to go around punishing people, and so they keep beating the shit out of random workers.
They want 14 cells built.

Attached: 12.png (1920x1086, 40K)

A dwarven child becomes possessed and starts crafting an artifact. Hopefully it will be furniture to appease our nobles but because it's not a default strange mood he will not gain any skills.

Attached: 13.gif (261x210, 10K)

He made a trap. Not the worst thing possible, but a waste of a dwarven ingot probably. At least nobles like artifact traps, I can put it in the kings room and he'll finally be happy.

Attached: 14.png (1920x1086, 36K)

cringe poltrash thread

>poltrash
what does this word mean?

Attached: 0.gif (1780x911, 2.62M)

lmao stop feining ignorance

you are pathetic

literally none of this is even remotely related to that wtf

>weird politics game
>not related to pol?
you are dumb as rocks

this is like that idiot that was trying to say death note threads werent off tpoic on a

kill yourself

Who the fuck told your dumb ass that dwarf fortress had anything to do with politics?

It's been very boring and I don't think anything major will happen again so I'm calling it a night.The last thing of note is that a baby girl who died became a ghost, I made her a memorial to put her to rest.
Thank you to everyone for joining me on this adventure.
none of this is politics though... You are weird.

Attached: final.png (1850x168, 23K)

keep seething incel

remember that you are nothing but dust

lmao replying to me twice fuck off

you need to die

I will always love Yea Forums forever

Is the military finally usable? Its always been broken or your solders kept running into battle without switching to their military gear. Only reliable thing you could do was make millions of glass traps everywhere.

Yes! It works very good now. You need to make sure its set to partial matches if you don't have enough armor for them though. It's very unintuitive but you can really control what they equip.