Looks like the rumors were true, Bloodstained is a clusterfuck

Looks like the rumors were true, Bloodstained is a clusterfuck

Attached: IMG_20200302_221654.jpg (1080x1252, 359K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_505_video_games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't care the games still fun as hell.

>Roguelike mode canceled
Sad this is we would of got this had 505 not spent 80 decades fixing the Switch version.
Fucking hell.

>new features bad
?

a randomizer honestly sounds more fun than a randomly generated dungeon.

>One of the promised stretch goals for the game was Roguelike. Unfortunately, the code that was created early in the game’s development is not currently compatible with this type of gameplay (especially a procedurally generated castle). Due to this, we regret to announce that we will not be developing Roguelike as part of the project's planned stretch goals.

THEN FIX OR REWRITE THE CODE

EVEN IF IT TAKES EXTRA 2 OR 3 YEARS, GIVE WHAT YOU FUCKING PROMISED
>still no zangetsu
why does 505 want to hurt me like this...

WHERE'S
THE
FREE
DLC

Attached: 1566867293436.png (483x488, 238K)

Yeah, that shit sure as hell won't make me back their next game. I really have no idea what the fuck they were doing.

I don't care about meme dlc, is the main game good?

I thought IGA wouldn't go the way of Jewfune of not overpromising and even then, he'll get it out one way or another
Yeah it is, pirate the GOG version.

Thanks backers for giving me an ok afternoon pirating this Castlevania wannabe before I got bored and deleted it.

Attached: 1581552127855.jpg (614x586, 36K)

FUCK505

I can live with just the randomizer as well (and zengetsu)

I don't think they had even considered what "rogue like" mode would entail when they promised it, they just threw out a buzzword they thought people would like.

>release on the switch
>instantly lose money
lol

Yes but as a Metroid fag, I didn't care for grinding enemy drops. Enjoyed the game but won't replay it.

>anime shit that looks exactly like all the other anime trash turns out to be trashy anime weebshit

imagine my SHOCK

THANK YOU BASED RETARDS FOR PUTTING MONEY INTO THE GAME SO I COULD PIRATE

Attached: 1570007009592.jpg (800x800, 96K)

>they don't lose money
>Yea Forums seethes, accuses Yea Forums of being a nintendo board

Attached: 1580676832789.jpg (520x476, 113K)

I don't pirate, but thanks ill pick it on steam during a sale.

Roguelike is a fucking cancer anyway

Does anyone even care about that at this point?

I wouldn't care if they stopped working on the game full stop. I'm suprised they haven't.

Attached: 1578018637029.jpg (219x216, 19K)

Maybe they shouldn't have hired such shit programmers then. Why does a game like dkc tropical freeze run at a perfect 1080p 60fps while a game as simple and ugly looking as this can't even do 480p 15fps in some areas?

I just wanna play as weeb snake samurai man.

I wish Prey had gotten actual dlc instead of roguelike trash.

>Online Co-op
>Online challenge mode
They will also cut these, screencap this.

Jap's can't problem where as Retro is such a prestigious studio that any game with former Retro staff on it gets that as a big marketing push.

Glad I didn't buy this shit.

*can't program.

Yeah, that was never going to happen, and you would have to be an idiot to believe it would.

Anyone who actually plays games with procedurally generated map knows that they fundamentally lack the finely tuned structure which makes metroidvanias appealing. The two concepts don't mesh well.

>Roguelike

Just play the game without saving. There's your roguelike.

Switch or PC?

My laptop is a toaster btw and has no dedicated graphics. How does this game run on those kinds of systems?
How does the Switch version run?

All console versions are shit, the switch version is just extra shit because 505 outsourced the Nintendo port of a Metroidvania to the lowest bidder for some reason.

Meh
Curse of the Moon was way better

>How does the Switch version run?
like garbage

pick up any other console version of the game if possible

Dodged a huge bullet by not backing this one.

If you have played any Switch game and don't mind that they don't run at smooth frame rates, then you'll be used to Bloodstained, but this is the worst version, even a Ryzen APU can do better than the Switch version

Same, I only got it when they released it, but I was really disappointed by the lack of DLC news for over half a year and was looking forward to this mode. Guess I'll try out Randomizer mode and see if it can make up for it

>kickstarter project with overambitious goals and features compared to what the dev team can actually do fails and they take years to fulfill their promises if ever at all
Imagine my shock.

Thank you for funding this game, backekrs. Bought it on a sale, had a blast and moved on.
Would be pissed if I had spent more on this.

m8 Most anime games don't look like this shit. Their fault for choosing a 3D art style for what should've been a 2D side-scrol- sorry I mean, "Metroidvania" game.

Unforgivable,
Fuck the Switch.
Guaranteed if the game didn't release on that piece of shit console then we would have gotten the DLC by now

Attached: 47d.jpg (437x431, 21K)

Weird.

I knew this game would be a shitshow after there was a balance patch.

not to mention retro owned by nintendo, they got the fucking kits and know the in and outs of it a long ass time ago

yeah what the fuck was that about
>balancing a fucking single player game that is not bug or glitch

they definately "lost" money taking forever to fix the switch port delaying all the other platforms content updates
Having to pay people to go back and fix something instead of it being done right the first time is lost money

they kinda have to because it sold the most on switch, even more than ps4 + xb1 combined
which make it really fucking stupid that they didn't focus on making it worth first to begin with, clearly they know the number order from the kickstarter

The game was nice, if they didn't go the cheap route and outsource the switch port which come back and fuck them in the ass affecting other version as well, they could have gotten a great support and future with literally everybody trusting them. But now despite the game being ok, it's just another one of those kickstarter lie

"It's better than nothing" is strong in here. at least it's not the main game.

roguelikes are faggot shit, who cares? i bet you cried when they cancelled the mac version of the game

Attached: 1578723277582.png (400x394, 107K)

Rogue mode is potentially a game inside a game at best. Randomizer is a 30 minute distraction before you ZZZZZZZ.

Ironically the version that sold more was the worst one. IGA really underestimated the Switch audience hunger for metroidvanias.

>swapping out one fad for a slightly different flavor of the same fad that's more popular now
OH NO HOW TERRIBLE

Attached: Story in Video Games.gif (499x265, 426K)

it was on development way b4 the switch came out right? probably didn't expect the switch to come out swinging like that, same with the boomer who in charge of pokemon and the capcom rep

Is it just me or did anyone else love the other bloodstained game. The 8 bit one.

>Ironically the version that sold more was the worst one.
Stop repeating these lies. The only place that sold the switch version well was the UK, and no one cares about that place in terms of overall sales. Most people got it on PS4, and surprisingly at least half a million copies were sold on PC in 1-2 months based on the data Valve gave in terms of overall players who owned it.

I had fun with it in an afternoon doing a zangetsu only run but that was it and havent touched it since

everybody enjoyed that one for what it is

There is no difference between "randomizer" and "roguelike" in current year. No one knows what a roguelike is anymore.

maybe nintendo shouldn't have made such a shit console.

>I thought IGA wouldn't go the way of Jewfune of not overpromising and even then, he'll get it out one way or another
Even if Kickstart stretch goals tempt everyone, it seems IGA was also fooled by the company he was dealing with it.

>MFW already 100% the game months ago

Attached: 77241209_p0.jpg (1000x947, 91K)

It's hard to go back to a game you played the shit out of already. Just drop everything and make a new game.

randomizer is way better imho
roguelike implies that they'll change the map but the map being well-made is the mark of these games, fuck just jumbling assets up randomly

I feel you
I did everything but have 500k gold at once(spent it as quick as I got it for the item list) and watch the credits within 3 days of release

Attached: bloodstained.jpg (956x492, 81K)

What the fuck am I supposed to do with 100% map completion? Roguelike was all I had for replay value.

Randomizers can jumble up the map as well if you want. That was the case for the DS Castlevania randomizer, I'm not sure if it'll be the same case here.

Much better looking games with way more physics and action run at least at 30ish fps 720-900p,

Imagine being a metroidvania game on switch and run + look worse than fucking witcher 3 on switch
sure the console is not powerful, but the people who developed for it are fucking trash

not on shitch, they don't.

Attached: 1546574394733.png (1023x654, 759K)

They should have fucking cancelled the Switch version. Imagine buying a console that can't play a 2.5D game at a consistent fps

That was genuinely my feeling when I received the game for my birthday only for them to take 6 months to """"""fix""""""" it. Im glad they lost money trying to fix this mess.

Unironically one of my favorite games in a decade.

Its still a pretty good game desu just a bit ugly

I assumed "randomizer" meant the rooms and layout of the castle would be randomzied. I assumed "roguelike" meant you died and you had to start all over. The complete destruction of what "roguelike" actually means thanks to the common faggot shitting up the place makes me confused.

Both games are great

Roguelike mode would've been shit, anyway.

CotM is great. RotN is decent, in a genre that's had plenty of actually great games since the DSvanias.

WHERES THE COOP IGA?

Great games like what?

RotN is one of the better IGA games, better than the DS ones at the very least.

Costumes are paid now.
Wouldn't doubt it if everything else was, too.

This is why the game should've been 2D/Pixel, it would've ran well on all systems.

>Costumes are paid now.
Weren't they always going to be?

Costumes were part of the stretch goals, which are now getting changed.
We now have confirmation that one is paid and another is just being completely rewritten due to laziness. Expect either or both of those to apply to the rest.

Source on costume changes?

Its the dev's fault for being shit

>roguelike
>not turn based
>not grid based
I swear I would kill every nigger who uses this word incorrectly for marketing

Imagine getting your shit pushed in several years earlier at your own game by three aussies and their game nobody fucking heard of that was sold for a third of the price.

Attached: HK.png (250x273, 25K)

Official poll they put on their discord, as a re-do of which costumes should get in after they lied about following the first poll (they originally said the top 5 back in 2015 would get in, instead ignoring the results, picking two of the losers, and then claiming that pure miriam was the valkyrie armor). The new poll re-listed everything, including a "real valkyrie armor", and one of the last questions was "How much would you be willing to pay per-outfit?" The lowest it went was $2 per outfit, and there was no option to pick "free."

Citation Needed

things that didn't happen for $500

Hollow Niggers are the most classless bunch of astroturfers on the internet. You guys are ALMOST as bad as BernieBots and Blizzshills.
You stink and no one likes you.

>Most people got it on PS4
Source?

If this were the Switch's fault and not the devs they wouldn't have been able to fix it in the first place

Randomizer doesn't sound bad, they could've just said they are dropping it entirely but they didn't, and it comes out at the same time as Zangetsu mode, whenever that may be

Attached: 1582926867941.jpg (618x472, 43K)

>Randomizer doesn't sound bad
Not with that fucking amount of options. You can't even fucking randomize enemies.

Is it cracked yet

Lmao 5 MILLION DOLLARS into koji igarashis asshole and this is what you get. A fucking mediocre game unable fulfill any of its promises and still there are people so cucked enough to defend this.

>Shitposters are still trying to make everyone think this is another kickstarter failure, assuming everyone forgot about the base game, and the other stuff yet to come
Weak

Attached: 1581771157157.png (342x366, 68K)

I enjoyed the game, but I firmly sit in the "what were they thinking with those graphics" camp.

Nice nerfs in single player game. Money well spent by devs, instead of fulfilling other Kickstarter goals.

But everyone DID forget about the base game. It hasn't even been a year yet, and nobody talks about it anymore.
You can't even give the "it has no multiplayer argument" because 1) it's SUPPOSED to and 2) this place hasn't shut up about BotW for three years and Sekiro has two threads up at any given moment for one whole year.

The Nigger you speak of is a falseflagger.
The only more annoying faggots that infest the Metroidvania scene is La Mulanafag and his chart

BotW has been shitposting material since the last E3 before the release. Sekiro was legit discussed + some bait until it won the goty, now is only shitposting material
Bloodstained, in other hand, is not as popular but the threads are a mix of bait and legit discussion

Yeah I'm starting to notice one user in every saying the same thing in every bloodstained thread like this

Not really true. I would usually see three to four threads a month that last either half a day or a few hours.

Good to see people still don't give a shit about him/them, we had 4 whole years of this shit everytime there was a bloodstained thread going, no way his shitty bait means anything now

Attached: 1582244162569.jpg (474x568, 29K)

Rogue legacy was fun

Randomizer sounds better honestly but where the fuck is Zangetsu?

>roguelike mode
Don’t care, want a Harmony of despair multiplayer mode though, or at least a separate game with bloodstained characters

Fair enough, the game does handle it pretty well though, unlike other "ugly" games, it might be because of the way color is used in some areas

Even sillier, they had the sales data of Curse of the Moon and even shared it online, Switch made up over 50% of the overall sales. They already had a clear indication of where the audience was even outside of backers.

>Rougelike Mode cancelled
>Instead its Randomizer Mode but with a Permadeath option which essentially makes it the same thing

Attached: 1583221882515.png (349x395, 161K)

If they didn't know then they sure do now, for the sequel they may focus on the switch more, but I just hope another console doesn't fall in this same situation

Attached: 1582820729148.png (204x176, 39K)

>roguelike mode cancelled
Fuck, I was really looking forward to that. Randomizer will be fun though.

The only times I was frustrated with the game was when it would unexpectedly crash and the massive framerate dip when fighting velfar aside from those two big problems I really enjoyed the game to the point where it one of my favorites.

But randomizer still keeps the map. The whole idea of the procedural generated castle is that you don't memorize the layout.

that's the thing isn't it? good wills and trust is now out of the window due to this
the post launch has been kind of a small disaster : japan version in limbo, long ass time for patches, nerf that nobody want, no signs of dlc or other promises
if they can deliver all of this in 3-6 months, then maybe it is salvageable. hope koji learned his lesson to not give his project for these shitty studios

>better than the DS ones at the very least
No

IGA, I am dissapoint. Also, 505 are kike niggers.

Heres hoping they will implement it in Bloodstained 2 Electric Boogaloo

Random map in a metroidvania isn't a very good idea to begin with.

Still waiting on those updates to finish to get my PC physical edition.

>they kinda have to because it sold the most on switch
They'd have to even if it had sold just 1 copy. These kikes begged for money and promised something in return, they had to deliver.

Not even a switchfag, I just hate how easily these kikestarter campaigns get away with outright lies. I really thought IGA was better than this.

Attached: Untitled.png (1554x622, 1.46M)

dogshit italian studio
dude look at this wiki page
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_505_video_games
im sure one of their employee edited this to make the company look more impressive, they just list everything they got a part in even if it is insignificant as fuck
>Death Stranding
yeah, right

Didn't the Switch version outsell everything else put together despite being the worst version as a fact?
Honestly it sounds like their business mistake was not going all in.

See you in 202X
>I really thought IGA was better than this.
I hope you're gonna enjoy those paid DLC costumes (backers also have to pay for them), because I dunno what can be worse than additional DLC before even finishing kickstarter goals.

Nigger if everyone forgot about it why do I still see it talked about? Why is this thread getting posts?

>still wasting time on the switch version
What the fuck? Hasnt it been a year already? Can we already move the fuck on

Stop trying to reason with idiotic zoomers, they think things only exist if they are trending on twitter or their favorite ecelebs are pretending to be obsessed with it.

Bloodstained wasn't programmed by Japs

There's no choice but to waste time on the Switch version because they can make twice the money on half the content there. The company saw their bottom line and realized they fucked up, so now they're fucking up other ways trying to get back on it.

I think they are done with it, they will add small updates now and again, but I think they are actually done, at least that's what I got from the update on Kickstarter

just IMAGINE putting money on this shit LMAO!

Isn't 505 Games behind the trainwreck distribution of Bloodstained? 505 Games has the distribution rights for Bloodstained, they also fucked Remedy by taking a $10.5 million dollar exclusivity deal with Epic Games for Control and leaving Remedy to deal with the low sales and lost goodwill.

I don't need to imagine, I already did it

Attached: 1583113612264.jpg (640x480, 53K)

Based retard.

>half the content
what content did other versions got that not on the switch?

Literally the only reason I was looking forward to this game. Why was it cancelled?

Attached: Stairs.png (2470x1350, 242K)

what the fuck happened?
>successful kickstarter
>game is actually great
>then they stop adding features
>I don't think Zangetsu is playable yet
>modes are being cancelled

I just hope we get him next month at least, if they announced they both come out at the same time, also blame the Switch because it took so long

Yes - some people still didn't get ANYTHING from backer rewards. Game is almost out for one year and people still can't play it because lol (it also doesn't help that almost 90% of goods that get delivered are a bit damaged).
Game is out and 505 Games already got their money. They're not willing to pull a Shovel Knight post-launch development and cutting stretchgoals like crazy to not bother with additional development costs (if you haven't noticed - Co-Op is also not planned anymore).

Probably broke the game and they couldn't juggle this with the switch fix and the Zangetsu mode

>want a Harmony of despair multiplayer mode though

so youre the faggot thats giving konami money for that kind of shit castlevania game.

But the mode is still coming, it's just changed to Randomizer

I wanted a randomizer and i don't like roguelikes so i'm cool with this

Fuck did you just say

>i'm cool with this

>What did he mean by this

I can't stand Roguelikes and a randomiser is the best exta feature you can add to a Metroidvania so all good here.

>But the mode is still coming
Not it's not, it's an entirely new thing. A lazy thing.
>it's just changed to Randomizer
Have you seen Randomizers done by fans? Like DoS Randomizer? Those randomizers have way more options than the stuff shown in this Bloodstained kickstarter update, and they had to fucking do it without the source code (be it SotN, DoS or any other Castlevania by IGA).. Meanwhile monkeys at 505 Games can't even do that with source code for Bloodstained.

the pixel art side-game is infinitely better

Fair enough, but I don't really care, the randomised mode seems good enough to me, I just want to see Zangetsu mode come out already

The game is just REALLY poorly optimized. Even when playing on the X, during that Poker boss that takes your money, the game dropped to the fucking single digits for FPS. I think that's the worst I've ever seen a game go on the X. Damn shame too because it's still my favorite game of last year despite being coded by a bunch of monkeys.

Funny you say that, most people that played RotN haven't heard about CotM

I had high hopes because Iga made Lv. 1 Hard Mode a treat in Portrait and Order. I wanted to see how he'd handle a roguelike mode. i guess roguelikes are just not the big thing anymore; it's all randomizers now.

The SOTN randomizer is shit though. I found the rune sword in like the second area and oneshotted everythign for the rest of the game.

Fuck no. It's just a mish-mash of ideas from better sidescrollers. Nothing unique or worthwhile.

>Inb4 you get Rhava Velar from crafting a potion

Attached: 1581962329232.jpg (264x295, 16K)

But user, that's Verboten

>pirate this game
>use the money Id spend on it towards buying an actual good metroidvania, Silksong

>Why does a game like dkc tropical freeze run at a perfect 1080p 60fps while a game as simple and ugly looking as this can't even do 480p 15fps in some areas?

Probably because it's not multiplatform

>it's MN9 all over again

Attached: 0f8.png (680x486, 473K)

Can they just go and cancel stretch goals like that? What the fuck?

Heres your (You)

yeah I'm now convinced this is one user shitposting in these threads

So that means we're left with only one kickstarter game that delivered exactly what it promised. Because of my love for vidya, that actually legitimizes kickstarter.

Attached: La Mulana 2 ending.jpg (1578x1180, 233K)

Is it good in terms of castlevania-like game?

>The only place that sold the switch version well was the UK
bro if the switch version did the best anywhere in europe, the second home of Playstation, then why would it not be similar elsewhere?

>call it a roguelike
>it isn't a roguelike
Why do they keep doing this, triple IQ bros?

Attached: vinny.png (1627x1362, 1.62M)

Attached: programmers.jpg (763x954, 163K)

Blame modern people using a term without knowing what it actually means, changing the meaning for everyone that heard it

Nope. It's a wholly unique experience. Which is what I like. I hope Iga's new team does something new the next time.

>unfulfilled stretch goals with no estimate on release and people out the ass complaining about not receiving their physical copies
Glad to hear things are going great for you both, but are you purposely being obtuse for the sake of it? They shouldn't have people second-guessing their decision to back a project with their awful coding and lack of communication. I bought the game on sale and I think it's great, but someone else getting fucked for being a superbacker doesn't mean 505 aren't stupid assholes.

Attached: nigga.jpg (252x200, 7K)

Ah, I don't really agree to that, the game promised to revive the castlevania style of games, I don't want them to change shit, what would be the point then, Konami shitcanned Iga and these games because they said people don't like them, but now I am curious about this game, is the first one a good start?

Attached: 1582590860958.png (308x221, 93K)

And the guy shitposting totally cares about that, 505 are shit, but the game isn't

>And the guy shitposting totally cares about that
How am I shitposting? I called it 'MN9' because it also screwed people out of their money with unfulfilled promises, but the base game was acceptable. Just because we aren't the schmucks who lost out on a poor investment doesn't mean it's acceptable for 505 to scam them. The quality of the game doesn't even factor into this news.

>505 are shit, but the game isn't
That's what I said.

They might as well cancel all goals and work on a second game.

Don't be naive user.

>Comparing anything to MN9
>Not shitposting
Whatever you say

Attached: 1582823815254.png (706x674, 79K)

The game itself is actually really good. What they should be doing is dropping all of these retarded strech goals Zangetsu is cool though and using their money on a second game.
These retards have their portraits and their dogs. and even their fucking rooms that dont do anything.

didnt the game sell really well
did the switch release really cost them that much

Most people bought it on Switch as is, so yeah, kinda

Kind of kicked themselves in the ass on that one huh.

>Multiplat game announces no system is getting a feature
>Mind defaults to the Switch and somehow it must be at fault
This is your mind on console wars.

If it didn't release on a Nintendo system you probably wouldn't have it at all.

Yeah they sure did, pretty sure 505 is also to blame there since they appointed a different group to work on it if I remember correctly

>they definately "lost" money taking forever to fix the switch port delaying all the other platforms content updates
>>release on the switch
>>instantly lose money
More like outsource the port to hacks that fail to port the game, so that you have to port the game twice.
The other ports were done in-house but not the Switch version.

It's OP samefagging his Nintendo hate. You can tell from how he repeats the exact same thread over and over and he has been at it since last year.

Maybe they should have outsourced the other versions and done the switch one in house.

Look at the Alien isolation port for switch then

Post your best Miriams

Attached: Rare Miriam.jpg (2000x1880, 1.63M)

I'm late on the Bloodstained train, but I'm almost going 100% Curse of the Moon and it's been really great so far, if a bit too easy.
How's Ritual of the Night? I heard pretty good things about it.

Attached: file.png (980x382, 49K)

Quite great, if you like the other castlevania games after SotN

>dude who cares if the games' promised features aren't going to exist just consume product

Attached: 1574857748301.png (463x489, 16K)

>release game to shit hardware to pander to babbys
>port is fucking broken on shit hardware that can't handle it
>sucks up all dev resources to work around coding a game to work on a fucking toaster tablet
>run out of time and resources to work on the add ons for the platforms the game was meant to run on

yeah fuck the shitch and fuck nintendo and their always a generation behind garbage hardware and most of all fuck /nintendogaf/

this game is so fucking souless.

If this were a AAA you might have had a point

Of course it is, it works on the shard system not the soul system from Dawn and Aria

Attached: 1581780258856.png (367x368, 141K)

>mfw I didn't pay a penny, pirated it and deleted it after an hour because a piece of shit
Good riddance. Yea Forums was just retarded as usual

Attached: 1527194413917.jpg (234x255, 17K)

Unironically. Considering what they sold.

Your samefagging is embarrassing.

Didn't Curse of the Moon sold the best on switch too?

Yes it did.

lmao such nonsense, grief harder

Wonder why they didn't get the hint then?
A lot of Castlevania games were released on Nintendo consoles anyway, so it's not like Nintendofags liking Castlevania is a big secret.

You kinda need to play La-Mulana, either the MSX-like original or remake, in order to appreciate or understand some quirks in La-Mulana 2. Getting the original to run can be a bit of a pain on modern systems, and it can be more obtuse and grindy in places. Remake of LM1 has quality of life features that make it a little smoother experience.

Remember to read the manual before playing.

the swtich version is literally the best selling version. Castlevania games with the exception of SOTN and the LOS have mostly been on Nintendo so it was to be expected

and there is nothing in the game that the switch shouldnt be able to handle. It's the devs fault for being retarded

if the Switch can run Warframe, Doom and Witcher 3, it can run fucking Bloodstained

stop blaming the hardware and start blaming the devs

So did Artplay make the Switch port?

The development of this game is such a disaster that it's hard to say as which team made which version/part of the game. Pretty sure back when WiiU and Vita ports were still a thing, some Armature Studio was supposed to code them, but then both versions were cancelled with Switch version becoming a thing. Was Switch versions using any code that was left after WiiU version? Who the fuck knows - maybe not (because it wasn't using UE4), maybe yes (because I'm not familiar with WiiU and Switch coding). ArtPlay, Inti Creates, DICO, WayForward - each probably took some part in developing the game on PC and consoles.

What things can be blamed on 505? I didn't play the Switch version and enjoyed the game quite a bit. Shame that the extra content isn't working out well, but I'd still buy another game from Iga.

What the hell was going through their head at the time for them to even consider this? Most people had pre-ordered it on the Switch, so for them to lowest bid that shit is absolutely mindboggling.

Ah, just the way I like my games, I'll be sure to play them both

Attached: 1580283768195.gif (260x200, 1.78M)

this 100%
they lied and abused the fanbase. thank god cucks backed this shit so i could have a few fun hours

Everything that went wrong basically

See if everybody cares, user

Is it fixed yet or does it still look like mobile garbage compared to the other ports?

>THEN FIX OR REWRITE THE CODE
> REWRITE THE CODE

Attached: 1536304565938.gif (250x250, 830K)

>What things can be blamed on 505?
Anything that relates to $$$, which includes:
>being a shit and jewish publisher in general (if we to believe infamous Ben Judd after he spoiled some things during his own recent fiasco, IGA lost a shitton of $ because of 505 Games' poor management during development of the game)
>choosing Fangamer for backer physical rewards management and also fucking up with it a lot of times
>planning paid costume DLCs after game release that's not included in backer rewards or post-development schedule in any way
>all the stuff related to dev teams communication between each other and constant delays is also because of them
You can probably blame IGA for forcing Inti Creates into 3D graphics instead of 2D during initial development, which is why later on he had to get DICO and WayForward into development. Other than that, it's pretty much 505 Games.

>sold best on Nintendo despite not being part of the campaign
>fucked it up
>forced to spend the next year or so fixing that version so you don't end up like MN9
Think about how much of the post release news was about how bad the Switch port was compared to how good the other versions were.

With Wayforward's work on Shantae, they honestly could have put in the time and effort for a nice 2d look for bloodstained.

>You can probably blame IGA for forcing Inti Creates into 3D graphics instead of 2D during initial development
I mean you can since he was the one to make the final decisions, so that's true. But I don't think it should be overlooked how hard Ben Judd lobbied for the unreal engine and 3d over 2d, which is exactly what he duped Inafune into.
All that it's so much easier and future proofed crap talk came primarily from him.

Nothing wrong with picking 3D over 2D, it was the absolute low effort port job that fucked them over, and they had the gall to release it thinking 'this is fine'.

>compared to how good the other versions were
Eh. I don't know. The Switch version had and still has performance issues, but it's not like the other versions were without flaws either. Until recently the by far most bugged version of the game was the PS4 version of all things and the Xbox version had some truly bizarre but albeit fairly benign bugs in comparison.
It was really just the PC version that was relatively painless. Relatively.

Good. Roguelike dungeons are 100% always shit. No exception. This is because you remove the hand-crafted level design element for some clusterfuck of shit.

The wya you increase replayability effectively is not through random level shit. It's one of the least effective ways to do it in. People keep replaying games where the levels never change constantly. The important part is that the gameplay and how you play changes up.

>EVEN IF IT TAKES EXTRA 2 OR 3 YEARS, GIVE WHAT YOU FUCKING PROMISED

Being an inflexible retard that doesn't understand development or how Kickstarter works isn't something you should show off.

Attached: 1456053189509.jpg (408x408, 18K)

i just want the local coop multiplayer and the extra characters
the rest can be fucked for all i care

FUCK THE SHITCH
Pierce of garbage wasting devs time.

But that's literally true.
They're spending time fixing the Switch version and the DLC is getting delayed because of it.
Not saying they canned the Rougelite dungeon because of it, but it's entirely possible.

The problem is that they can't fix it. They are quite honestly not competent enough. At this point, the Switch fanbase had already given up on them.

ok zoomer

fpbp

Attached: 458564634346.jpg (1900x1900, 1003K)

Its good enough to pirate i guess. It was a fun few days to beat it. Its deeply flawed and this gets more and more apparent the farther you get into it. Still, its fun.

>>sold best on Nintendo despite not being part of the campaign

Is there proof for this?

Attached: 1571758466763.png (894x914, 253K)

>Until recently the by far most bugged version of the game was the PS4 version of all things
Not even close, dude.

Underrated too

I really don't give a shit about DLC, fuck the backers and fuck kickstarter faggots, I bought the game when it came out and got what I wanted: a Castlevania clone. All I care about now is if and when we're getting a sequel.

Bloodstain better not die because of Kickstarter backers throwing a hissy fit because they couldn't make good on all their ridiculous stretch goal promises.

Is Shovel Knight the only kickstarter game that has delivered on all of its funding goals and long term plans? Everything else from there has turned out like shit with projects running out of cash and games half-finished.

>ps4
you never learn do you?

>THEN FIX OR REWRITE THE CODE
Are you being retarded on purpose?

Wasn't Hollow Knight originally a kick-starter too?

After the first update it's very playable but not really recommendable if you have an alternative.

They have said they'll keep improving on the switch though.

No, far from it, in fact most kickstarer game make good on all their funding stretch goals, you just remember the ones that didn't more because they get more press and pissed people off.

No one gave a shit about Pathfinder Kingmaker including the Magus class, Battletech having voice acting, or Divinity Original Sin's Champions because they all got included and there was nothing to fuss over.

why promise a switch version when you are not capable of handling an extra version of the game?

No you tard, it's dying because 505 is doing the same shit as all bad kickstarter projects go. Overpromising and underdelivering. They are writing checks they can't cash, and this is reflective of the quality of their game as well.

Yes dude. The PS4 wasn't patched, and even before the patches the PS4 for some crazy reason had the most crash bugs.

>procedurally generated schlock gets replaced by actually fun randomizer

Nice, I won without even investing.

I mean, they could have handled it if they had just hired any one of the competent companies that handles Switch ports but didn't and went for the lowest bidder instead.

It's an Igavania, if that's what you want, it won't disappoint you.

The game was great though. Overpromising isn't a problem, let the retards throw money at some worthless features no one really wants, if anything goes wrong they're right to cut them. Crowdfunders are retarded sheep and should be fucked over at every opportunity, there is no binding legal way for crowdfunding backers to do anything about it and they're retards for giving money on the hope that something will come out of it. Buying games when they're done and you know what you're getting is always the way to go.

>if they had just hired any one of the competent companies that handles Switch ports
It still would've turned out less than favourably given how universally poor UE4 runs on the system.

>no Wii U version
>second character is being made into paid DLC

SCAMMED

>no Wii U version
Does anyone seriously still have a Wii U? Why? It was an abject failure that even Hardcore Ninfags didn't buy.

I'm sure someone would have found a way to make it run decently. I mean, we live in an era of 1000fps Doom Eternal and Switcher. They just opted for the lowest bidder instead of giving a fuck.

I bought it.

My condolences.

Why?

Yes. You don't just sell your consoles when a new one comes out and it's the best thing you have if you're into piracy. The thing alone can give you HD gamecube games, HD Wii games on top of a decent library of exclusives.

You bought a Wii U. You have my sympathies for your error.

You were cheated by the insidious folks at Team Cherry because you were deemed to be a minority.

>run out of money at the end
>can't do the casino section of the castle
>shove him into the copy-pasted Macro Castle section
Why dd they do best boy so dirty?

Attached: valefor.png (532x657, 605K)

>Team Cherry
Who?

What error?

The game that was launched was pretty solid. What was the point of adding a rouge like feature to a metroidvania?

Whatever error in judgement resulted in you purchasing a Wii U. I'm sorry you had to suffer such a cruel fate.

Why would that be an error in judgement?

Stop backing games.

I still thought it was a cool area, the big garden room is so big you can actually fly by using accelerate and moon jump

Consider yourself lucky you made it in at all.

Attached: focalor.jpg (279x240, 35K)

Because you purchased a Wii U. I'm sorry for you loss.

I wish they would add this boss to RotN. Jeez, just throw together a 2 piece room and put it somewhere in the underwater caverns area. Would even it settle for it being boss rush exclusive at this point.

What loss?

>rouge

I know it can be hard dealing with loss, but try to stay firm. Can you do that for me champ?

Stop asking to see my boner you fucking faggot.

First of all. The game was supposed to be on the fucking VITA and wiiu originally so this argument is retarded. As switch is more powerful than both

Knew Igarashi was a liar when it was taking a team of people nearly a year to change a couple settings in a Switch port.

I bet more of that "guaranteed free content" will be cancelled before too long.

Attached: Bloodstained_Post-Launch-Free-DLC.jpg (1139x775, 116K)

MAXIMUM DAMAGE CONTROL

>tarl winteridge
>toni vaquer
>chuk tang
>marc heng
>paul caristino
And then there's Shingo Tate who is maybe half nip.

Attached: 10 57 pm.jpg (960x544, 38K)

si

Attached: 1437611742.png (1008x1500, 934K)

I really just wanted classic mode (assuming that's linear actionvania). Can't even remember what Chaos mode was supposed to be.

I'm really just doubtful on the multiplayer/online stuff they promised.

Also what the hell is Boss Revenge?

>Roguelike mode cancelled
good, it would have just been worse than Rogue Legacy anyway.

Attached: th.jpg (474x281, 26K)

>Iga's fault
>When it's obviously 505 at fault here

Attached: 1581842176459m.jpg (778x1024, 54K)

that's a tiny chaos emerald

but after completing the main game it would've made it endlessly enjoyable for replays

>celebrity voice actors
ask how I know they were careless with the kickstarter cash

>Anyone who actually plays games with procedurally generated map knows that they fundamentally lack the finely tuned structure which makes metroidvanias appealing.
u wot, poser?

Attached: dead-cells-review-6793.jpg (1280x720, 130K)

Not him, but what exactly is the problem? Couldn't they make a mode with permadeath?

what did the shovel knight devs do that allowed them to give away all DLC free as originally promised without making anything else in the interrim?