What is it about this game that fills me with weariness and dread everytime discussion about it arises...

What is it about this game that fills me with weariness and dread everytime discussion about it arises? I recall enjoying FFVII when I watched my cousin play it in the 90s, and even more so later on when I played it myself in the 00s. But just like Pokémon Sword and Shield, this is a game that everyone around me is excited for, yet I just can't get on board the hype train. It's almost like a reflex right now. It keeps rubbing me the wrong way. Am I a doomer? I still get excited for lots of new games though.

Attached: 20200302_185601.jpg (1080x1319, 459K)

I don't know the meaning of "doomer". I understand how you feel, this remake is shit.

I pulled this up.

I guess my blog post stems from the dissonance of how much I enjoyed the original game in contrast to how uninterested I am in what I've seen of the remake so far. It just feels weird. I thought I'd be more excited for FFVIIR, but after FFXIII, FFXV, KH3 and the article I posted, I just have little interest in any project Tetsuya Nomura et al are actively involved in.

Attached: b4b.png (680x680, 158K)

They are pretty much, correct.
Final Fantasy as a franchise is pretty much done for.
13's insane production and internal fuckery made sure both 13 and 15 were bizarre messes of games, and the only reasons 14 is still standing here today was because they gave the game to a Enix guy who somehow made that entire mess work and even that game is for a niche mmo audience.
FF as a franchise is done. Most zoomers don't know or care about it because the two games closer to them (13 and 15) were a mess.

>Am I a doomer?
yes

This

I think its because you dont own a PS4 so your subconscious is desperate to weave a narrative that will justify you skipping the latest PS4 exclusive.

Maybe they thought Shadowbringers counted towards the condition.

take your meds

Damn, hit that bullseye right in your ego huh?

>Want to wait until another game "exceeds the quality" of FFVII
>Gives up trying to chase their next FF7 after multiple failed attempts and just remakes FF7

Attached: 1582883489589.gif (300x400, 575K)

I feel that maybe just maybe, SE should stop focusing on graphics and cutscenes first and actually put story and gameplay first. Its already proven time and time again that their side games and spinoffs are miles better than their newer mainline FF's. I'm sure they could have shaves off a ton of development time right there. And stop trying to stretch 1 game out into a series that keep hinting at endless sequels(Kingdom Hearts, Type-0, Dirge of Cerberus).

Attached: 1572155717314.jpg (720x406, 152K)

That reminds me, we still haven't gotten an official release date since Crystal Chronicles Remastered got delayed, right? Just a vague "sometime in the summer maybe" still?

They are going to cancel it and roll it into a pre-order bonus for this game. Mark my words.

>Yoichi Wada

Attached: 1551380492091.jpg (1280x720, 148K)

That nigger was the reason we never got or will get DQX.

Its a devil may cry game with midgar in the background

Did you check out the new phone game? Its essentially DQX lite, and free.

I miss andriasang so much.

Fuck you, Anoop.

He's the reason for most of the bad shit SE are still recovering from today, since he was the one leading the company for the decade following the merger.
His resignation in 2013 was a great step forward for the company, but it's taken them years to flush out all the shit that was already clogging up the pipeline from his stint at the top.

Attached: 1567985743022.png (807x1076, 1.18M)

>Its a devil may cry game with midgar in the background
I fucking wish it were. They should already go the full action route, I don't understand who can honestly enjoy this mutt abomination.

Literally every other studio that specializes in JRPG's has managed to figure out how to make this shit work in the HD era, pumping out games that are just as content-filled as ever usually without sacrificing art style. Meanwhile Square Enix is still hiding behind the excuse that it's too hard and too expensive to actually make a full fucking game, while simultaneously letting every major project succumb to scale creep and feature bloat. Just fucking scale back and make a good game that stands on its own again you dense fucks.

I just realized it's spelled "andrisang"

How is it not full action already? XII was the weird hybrid that deserves to burn in hell.

The problem is that Square is not hungry anymore. They need to start getting into financial trouble to start making good games again. As it stands it's just a bunch of fat jaded middle aged men who don't care much anymore and just want to travel the world on the company's dime (yen) and fart around.

I'm enjoying it enough, reminds me more of DQIX though. Also it lacks enough exploration to scratch my DQ itch.

tales games are too anime overall for me but they are still packed with content.

Dragon Quest games feel like they're from a totally different company given how high quality they are in comparison.

This, fucking dragon quest will soon overtake it in the west

>the only reasons 14 is still standing here today was because they gave the game to a Enix guy who somehow made that entire mess work
And he's the one they gave 16 to, and he says that FF needs to return to it's roots, so I'd say the franchise will be doing just fine.

I wonder if they are even working on FF16

ironic isn't, considering how much SE themselves have kneecapped it fearing it would happen. Turns out their own incompetence ended up fulfilling their own prophetic visions.

>"So team FFXV is almost out, any ideas on Final Fantasy XVI?"
>"......."
>"Today Square Enix would like to announce Final Fantasy VII remake, part 1"

And so House Solidor lives on...

It's likely in early planning and won't be entering full development until at least after the next 14 expansion is done since the same guy is the lead on both. He was revealed to be working on a big budget next-gen project (not an MMO) around the same time that he mentioned in an interview that he felt that FF needed to drop the modern stuff and return to it's high fantasy origins.

>Exclusive*
*For a limited time
*Also on PC
*Coming to other consoles later

I own a ps4 play it every day and even own a Playstation Credit Card

FF7 remake looks and plays like shit.