I guarantee you that teraflops are going to be the new "bits."

I guarantee you that teraflops are going to be the new "bits."
The PS5 is gonna have either more or less teraflops than the Series X and people will argue over it.
After that, Sony and Microsoft will focus on upping the teraflop count and use it as a major selling point.
>"The Xbox X16K has 20 teraflops!"
>"Yeah, but the PS6 will have 24!"
Get ready for The Teraflop Wars.

Attached: Xbox_ShortBullets_JPG.0.jpg (1200x800, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sie.com/corporate/release/2019/191008.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

people will forget about them just like they did with xbone and ps4
they dont fucking matter

People have been going on about teraflops since before the ps4 and x1 came out.

I have never even seen a teraflop

So it's going to flop 12,000,000,000,000 times?

Attached: 1581118618316.jpg (1365x2048, 241K)

One does not see a teraflop one can only feel a teraflop.

Have they even confirmed that they're talking about single precision TFLOPs? With all the bullshit marketing going around when it comes to consoles, I'm not believing anything unless there's an independent source who can verify said claims.

So is this "teraflop" shit just some shitty marketing garbage that sony and microsoft are pedaling to hype their shitty consoles? I've built multiple PCs in my life and have never once seen the word "teraflop" on any of the shit I bought. I admit, I'm not the most technologically literate person and their is a lot I don't know but this shit seems fake as fuck to me.

I think you have to buy them separate

>I've built multiple PCs in my life and have never once seen the word "teraflop" on any of the shit I bought.
Because there's really no reason to for PCs. You have a set amount of GPUs, each with different names. You can roughly compare them to each other when it comes to real life gaming performance. You won't care how many shader units your card has as long as it performs at a level decent enough.
They can't really do the same with consoles. The GPUs are usually custom made and if they do their marketing with shit like
>it's at least as powerful as a RTX 2080Ti!
you can be sure to expect a ton of angry people when they finally buy their console and find out that the games still run like shit.

Compute is a measure of how many floating point operations the shaders can do each second. It DOES have some importance, as the more math the shaders can do the better they keep the rest of the GPU fed with the data it needs.

What people should really focus on is the PS5's lackluster RDNA1 uarch vs SeX's much superior RDNA2 uarch. Tier 2 VRS, HW RT and more work per clock wipe the floor with the PS5 even if it had 14TF of compute (which it doesn't)

We already know from the Oberon leak that the PS5 is 9.2TF and the XSC is 12TF.
Both using NAVI.
PS5 is RDNA1 because RDNA 2 is exclusive to Microsoft.

uhmmm sweetie...
I'll have you know that TransGaymerGurl41 on resetera says PS5 is RDNA2 and she's a verified insider so you should just have sex...

That's cool
I'm more excited for the upgraded CPUs since the Jaguars are absolute dog turds
Regarding teraflops, games already look pretty damn good even on base PS4 using a GPU of 1.8 teraflops
Imagine what they can do with 9-12 teraflops and a CPU that isn't a bottleneck
Pair that with the SSDs and I think this will be the biggest leap for a gen in quite a long while
Of course Yea Forums has to make a war about everything and can't just appreciate the improvements we have coming

I dont know what any of this means or why it matters. Gears 4 and battlefield 1 are beautiful games and those were from 2016. If this console is 4x stronger than the xbox one then thats more than enough for me.

RDNA2 was created exclusively for Microsoft and high power Radeon GPUs,

From AMDs financial day themselves.
Cope.
Snoy stuck with RDNA1

considering this is the exact same thing that happened when the ps4 and xbone came out i agree.
No one has any idea what these numbers mean, or how the console will perform when devs start actually making games for it. It wont be better than the best pc but it will be comparable to one of the same price point(when it is released). in 2 years from release it will be completely outclassed again.

No, what will happen is that the XSX and Switch will kick the PS5's ass and then Sony will drop out of the console race.

If Sony doesn't reveal how many TF their PS5 is or of its RDNA2 or not then they're fucked.
I'm sorry if they don't we know its going to be so much more weaker.

Are you genuinely retarded? Flops have been thrown around to sell consoles for multiple generations.
Beat it, lil zoom

God I wish. Sony and its Pretentious bullshit and its fans need to fucking die out.

I agree

It's strange how easily people forget that when it comes to raw power, it almost NEVER decides a console war.
>The PS2 was the weakest console of the 6th gen
>It is still the best selling console EVER

>The Wii sold well over 100 million units, despite it being about as powerful as a calculator

>The Nintendo DS outsold the PSP 2 to 1, despite the PSP being more powerful

>The Vita sold like absolute dog shit, despite it being far superior in specs to the 3DS

and so on. Anyone still falling for this meme is a retard. Console gamers don't give a shit about raw power, or graphical performance. It's all about GAMES, or sometimes gimmicks (the wii effect).

that was sarcasm, notice the fake username?

I like how you don't mention the PS4 and Xbox One.
Where the PS4 was more powerful than the One and won.
I'm sure anything to fit your narrative.

It's bits wars all over again

Cope.
Sony themselves confirmed RDNA not RDNA2.

sie.com/corporate/release/2019/191008.html

>It's all about GAMES, or sometimes gimmicks (the wii effect).
>posted from my wii u with a fuckton more exclusives than the xbone but still lost big time

And I like how you didn't read the part where I said
>it almost NEVER decides a console war.
>almost

And the PS4 won because the Xbone fell on it's face coming out of the gate. All Sony had to do was say "You can play used games, Lmao" For the easy win.

Also, if power matters, then the Xbox One X should be selling best, no?

Custom SSD BTW do you have to buy PS5 SSDs.
Remember vitas memory cards? :^)

Attached: Screenshot_20200303_024158_com.android.chrome.jpg (1440x3120, 704K)

I'm making fun of snoy/era/gaf dipshit

Attached: HERES GITHUB.png (500x310, 207K)

>high powered amd gpu
Holy shit. Are consolepoors really this fucking out of touch?
If you're actually buying into this you are in for massive disappointment.

>"You can play used games, Lmao"
Damn i forgot about this. Blunder of the century right here

>nothing on RT
OH NO NO NO

RNDA2 is the death of nVshita
cope moar

Im sorry OP but I dont understand. Are you implying that we should care?

Looking at the "compatibility with PS4" thing proves Oberon leak is real.
The AMD Oberon leak for PS5 leaked that the core clocks for the 9.2TF gpu in the PS5 will downclock itself to PS4 Pro and PS4 clock speeds automatically.
PS5 is literally RDNA1 with 9.2TF but with a 2000MHz GPU clock speed.
Things going to overheat like a bitch no doubt

>AMD putting both Intel and Nvidia 6 feet under
would be hilarious

>he's too new to remember the PS4 pro 4 teraflops
we had niggers spamming this board with that number on a daily basis for weeks, after that xbox realized they fucked up big time with xbone specs and hyped up project scorpio for 2 years, they titled it the most powerful console ever made with 6TFlops of power and niggers spammed the same shit all over again, same now with the 12TFlops and these same niggers doesn't even know AMD chips calculates Teraflops different from nvidia so they also target PC gaymers with their retarded shitpost

Attached: 1548133817582.jpg (320x312, 11K)

Because the xbone cost a gorillion dollars, came with a built in NSA spy camera you couldn't turn off, you couldn't play used games, and had zero exlusives ANYONE gave a shit about. Fucking gaylo 5, gears of cuck 5, and some retarded racing game like we all haven't played them and found out they're all exactly the same. Literally what else does xbone have? At least sony had bloodborne.

>these same niggers doesn't even know AMD chips calculates Teraflops different from nvidia
Retard

Compute is calculated the same across all GPUs

Shader count * 2 FLOP per cycle * clock / 1 trillion

What you are talking about is different uarchs do different amounts of work per clock

>Poovi barely matches the efficiency of Turing even with a full node advantage
>still can't match the performance of 2080 Ti
>shitty drivers
>DLSS 2.0 is essentially 4K native-like IQ but only as performance intensive as 1440p rendering
>Ampere/Hopper will have more and better raytracing
AMD is dead on PC. Only the fanboys are keeping them barely afloat and they've probably lost more long-time customers due to driver issues than they have gain in new customers.

>PS5 is RDNA1
Dropped

>I guarantee you that teraflops are going to be the new "bits."
Ok underage

I mean i'm looking forward to the market balancing but consolepoors holding out hope so they can get non-cucked cheap console is hilarious. Not gonna happen.

Attached: 1543337811140.png (346x307, 227K)

>RDNA1 gets close to Turing despite a large feature deficit
whatever you say jensen

TFLOPS is useless metric when comparing cards with different architecture because it will not show the real performance compared to other cards even more when it comes to comparing console APUs with desktop GPUs

I know that. Compute is for comparisons within uarch.
uarch work per clock is far more important for practical performance than compute

If I were Jensen, I'd be laughing all the way to the bank (which he already is) due to Radeon being a non-threat in both desktop PCs and HPCs/servers.

>Sony confirmed RDNA1 themselves
>n-n-no it's RDNA2
Snoy let's are fucking coping hard.

you guys said the same about RDNA1

Show me a 1tflop rdna 1 gpu that can outperform a 12tflop rdna 2 gpu if it doesn't matter

It impresses me that they're already predicting how hard the consoles will flop.

>PS5
>RDNA1 9.2TF
HAHAHAHAA

>snoy and retardera "insiders" swear up and down both consoles are RDNA 1.5 and PS5 has a compute advantage
>Xbox confirms SeX is RDNA2
>"NO NO NO NO NOW PS5 IS RDNA2 AND THE COMPUTE ADVANTAGE IS EVEN BIGGER!! TRUST ME THIS TIME I'M FOR SURE RIGHT!!"
loving every laugh

The funny thing is that Sony themselves confirmed its RDNA1 in 2019.
And they still deny it.
It's fucking glorious.

Of course they'll backpedal when it inevitably comes out they were lying and do the usual insider
>"Well it was my source's fault, not my fault!"