Why is this overrated pile of shit game put on such a high pedestal here? The online is awful...

Why is this overrated pile of shit game put on such a high pedestal here? The online is awful, its full of poorly voiced literal whos from a franchise that died in the PS1 era, shitty collisions and grinds for content along with MTX. Dont tell me I wasted 40 bucks on a dogshit remake.

Attached: A6C0E5F8-4C07-49CC-B74F-19CA5AA662FB.png (668x690, 647K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BEpwODgqb30
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because you are too old and jaded to enjoy a fun light hearted game so you resort to nitpicks.

Attached: Ami 67.png (754x695, 46K)

im old and jaded and its the first game I've liked in nearly a decade

because its a nice change of pace from BING BING WAHOO cart you fucking bitch

10/10 driving mechanics
-5/10 online

My hopes are that the reason the devs are holding back a PC release is because they are cracking their brains trying to figure out how to implement a non-shitty netcode.

>tfw old and jaded and a portion of the games Ive liked all gen have been remakes

Attached: Dude.png (640x480, 426K)

Some people just don't care it won worst netcode of 2019. I had fun with time trials for a bit, but like goddam. I was actually looking forward to this.

The most skill based kart racing game ever made, easy the learn-hard to master, fluid and fast gameplay, lots of content, likeable characters for all tastes, lots of costumization, 40 tracks- most of them very well designed and nice to look at. Are those enough reasons as to why we like this game?
There's probably more, and yes, this game's online could be a lot better, it's not bad imo, but it has the potential to be great.
The collisions are mostly fine and you're probably a shitter that makes wide as fuck lines anyway so stop pretending you care about that or even know what you're talking about.
mtx is not even a problem since the game is very lenient with the in-game currency, i empied the store 4 months ago.
The voices are fine, don't even know what's your problem with them.
You're dogshit.

CTR legit has one of the worst online modes I've ever experienced in a game. It's actually baffling how terrible the online experience is for this game. Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if this game didn't have the most embarrassingly awful item balance ever seen in a kart racer. You can clearly tell this game was never meant for online. It's sad Beenox is going to leave it in this sorry state of dogshit. Time Trials and Ring Rally are the only actual ways to have fun with CTR.

We can't even get fixes to the goddamn collision on the tracks
How could you even begin to HOPE they're trying to make a not shitty netcode?

>it's not bad imo

Yeah, it's not bad, it's terrible.

>No host migration in 2020
>Terrible implementation of SBMM makes finding lobbies take 5+ minutes
>P2P means having to deal with getting flattened by someone who is visually 5 kart lengths behind you, getting hit by items you clearly avoided, and inconsistent visual representation of racers on your screen
>Warp Orb is a dogshit idea on both paper and execution
>N.Tropy Clocks may as well be removed from the game completely with how rare they are
>First Place is allowed to snowball immense leads (often by sheer luck of not getting rolled in the item rape roulette at the beginning) in a game where going fast and nailing your lines is the only way to win, i.e. the race is decided in the first 30 seconds unless you're playing against terrible players who can't even hold blue fire on Cortex Castle
>Super Engine is a worthless pile of trash that needs to be removed
>No item in the game aside from Masks help you catch up without fucking over everyone near by
>First Place is allowed to roll Blue Shield
>Ramp bug that is complete RNG so say good bye to all of your reserves for having the audacity to jump at a ramp

This game clearly was not meant for an online environment. CTR:NF is one of those games you put down for a month, play 10 minutes of online and remember why you put it down.

>OP can't drift and turbo boost so he gets mad he can't beat any time trials

Or maybe you could try to get good. Or you know, have fun with the randomness
>be 1st place
>wah why did the faggot in 6th place hit me with an orb/clock. i was winning, it's not fair.

>be 6th place
>wah why can't i instantly ruin the race for the faggot in 1st. i want to win game, give me orbs/clock

There's no pleasing people like you.

PC when

Attached: 1555931696427.jpg (515x596, 10K)

We'll probably be able to emulate it before it comes. If it ever comes.

git gud

You're mostly right, though super engine is actually broken good and in at least 1k hours i don't understand what you mean with the ramp bug. Also you complain about orbs but also complain about clocks being rare which are arguably worse than orbs.

1500 hours of playtime here, the game is amazing and I can't wait for the PC release. Fuck Activision for making US only Dlc though

It's fun with friends

How do you even know your playtime?. That would be interesting to know.

I wonder why.

Attached: CRN37.jpg (1920x1080, 550K)

what are some games that aren't fun with friends?

Mario Party

Russian Roulette

My profile on switch, bow cut that in half and you have my actual racing time since you spend so much time in lobbies waiting

>Tried to go back to Mario Kart 8 after playing several hundred hours of CTRNF
>It feels so fucking slow and weird in comparison

He means this shit

Attached: Crashâ„¢ Team Racing Nitro-Fueled_20200220175658.webm (1280x720, 2.28M)

Attached: Cock Block Driving.webm (906x510, 2.59M)

Have another

Attached: Crashâ„¢ Team Racing Nitro-Fueled_20191025230117.webm (1280x720, 1.65M)

I swear to god I'm not a furry
I'M NOT

>that can happen on OOT too
I swear to god...

Attached: Coco is mad.jpg (900x888, 93K)

It can happen on every track
Ever see it happen on Tiny Arena?
I have
I've done it twice

Off the top of my head Ive had it happen on.
>DSD
>Sewer Speedway
>Mystery Caves
>Blizzard Bluff
>Electron Avenue
>Oxide Station

Oh wait and Thunderstruck recently. Pissed me off when doing the time trial.

Attached: L i z 31.jpg (283x303, 34K)

Coomers. It's literally a mobile game for full price and they fell for it

Attached: Bandicoot Power.jpg (640x905, 65K)

I've never seen a mobile game with this much content before? Or a mobile game with these kinds of graphics.

>game is too easy
>game is also too hard
Hallmark of the contrarian Yea Forumstard

Crash has had 2 mobile games (crazy) and this isnt one of them.

Attached: 1776330119019.jpg (698x821, 207K)

30 FPS.

>terrible players who can't even hold blue fire on Cortex Castle
You say that like CC isn't one of the hardest tracks to hold blue fire on

God I just wanna be Ami's fart pillow.

Attached: Ami is Tasty.jpg (1638x2048, 351K)

Attached: 1583061397069.png (627x661, 590K)

The overarching issue is nothing is able to check first place without also fucking over everyone else basically negating the entire purpose of the item. There's no reason Warp Orb should seek every single racer (the indicator breaks half the fucking time anyway), Clock fucks over everyone and resets the race entirely something no one wants. These items are objectively shit at checking first in a KART RACER where items are supposed to level the playing field a bit. If they want to keep it how it is is should be impossible for First to roll a Blue Shield. First can leave traps everywhere as a defensive measure and everyone has to deal with that, they don't need the best item in the game in their back pocket as well. Unless you're racing against people who can't even beat Oxide or Velo's times CTR's online is someone pulling ahead at the start and the other 7 racers blowing each other up with juiced up missiles ensuring no one actually catches first.

Your days are numbered Bandicunny.

Attached: Lizzed 1.jpg (1247x827, 117K)

June. 1 year delay from consoles as with Nsane and Reignited.

There in

Attached: 1582865519248.png (1613x1348, 1.82M)

>rosterfaggotry

mariokart was top 5 games of last decade

>Will probably have to do all the staff ghosts to unlock obj_motherfucker

Attached: 1543341460360.gif (500x375, 384K)

Why complain about Rosterfaggotry when CTR doesn't pander too rosterfags in this.
>inb4 the constant screeching over the Nitro Squad not shown yet in the game.

4 of those characters are in the games files anyways and considering they added some mobile game panda and two OCs it wouldnt surprise me if they added shit picks like Viscount.

You bring 2 good points. The MTX is a scam, you had to play daily for months to unlock everything in the base game. Plus more for the monthly event. And the online is certainly trash. And this is coming from someone that plays Smash Bros online.
Still a pretty great game. It blows Team Sonic Racing and rivals Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (MK8D would beat it single-handed if it werent for its shit roster).

Attached: 1582409792400.webm (1280x720, 1.21M)

Attached: Mad Italian.webm (522x750, 913K)

So glad this skin looks so great after the Circus travesty. I love the hair.

to be the best, you gotta beat the best

Attached: to infinity and beyond.webm (1280x720, 1.88M)

*angry italian noises*

Attached: 1582408897032.webm (1280x720, 1.15M)

Im gonna rename it that thanks.

Attached: kamehameha.webm (1280x720, 1.19M)

Attached: 1582408574548.webm (1280x720, 1.59M)

>poorly voiced literal whos from a franchise that died in the PS1 era

Attached: 1485609071581.png (464x464, 6K)

now I'm just missing the Liz one

their models are disgusting
swollen chipmunk cheeks, ew
mods when?

Attached: 1561621987151.png (1855x1211, 100K)

Attached: Starjammers Liz.webm (1280x720, 1.19M)

thanks friend

Attached: 1573357408666.png (382x447, 15K)

No problem.

Attached: is that a squid im going insane.webm (1280x720, 1.42M)

Attached: 1573788297826m.jpg (1024x575, 121K)

does this mean the return of animal based mascots?
god i miss platformers

Attached: pouting space ami.webm (502x650, 667K)

> from a franchise that died in the PS1 era

Yet here we are

AAAAAAAAAAA HELP ME N.MAN

Because Trophy Girlz

Attached: ami america.webm (634x650, 1.86M)

Why is the artstyle in this and N. Sane so bad

how's it bad?

With how rare Warp Orbs and Clocks are in online now, I think it would be fair to remove shields from 1st place's draw pool. However, as for complaints about the Warp Orb/Clock targeting everybody, that's intentional. This isn't Mario Kart where the Blue Shell focuses down 1st and nobody else. In that situation, the Blue Shell isn't really helping the guy in 8th in any tangible way, it's just fucking over 1st and only really benefits the guy immediately in second. Why should 2nd get to win because the guy in 8th threw an item? The Warp Orb and Clock aren't designed to fuck over 1st, they are designed to help the unlucky shmuck who used them get back in the race. Problem is nobody in 7th ever takes proper advantage of this, by juicing it first to protect yourself and then, timing it so that it has the strongest effect on the tide of the race.

Attached: correct use of warp orb.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

Biggest mistake for me to try and play with friends. None of them want to learn the game and I can't go full turbo autist

>Warp orb in the first 30 seconds

Attached: doffy.png (192x325, 24K)

you can be assfucked by the blue shell at any position if you're driving in the middle

Does the Isabella, Megumi, and Koala Kong skins have bundles like the other Gasmoxia skins? I've been waiting for them to show up in the Pit Stop but have been getting either older kart bundles or older skin bundles.

I don't like the grinding mechanic when it comes to having to land before being able to start to drift. As soon as I hit the shoulder button and turning I should be drifting, I dont give a fuck if you disagree.

You have a greater turning radius while jumping than drifting.

let go of the gas and just literally fucking steer in mid air

>Why is this overrated pile of shit game put on such a high pedestal here?

>love original game
>love nitro kart too
>play them constantly as a kid
>even emulate them into adulthood
>game comes out that is essentially the first two games
>plus a whole slew of new characters, skins, and karts
>plus a couple cups' worth of new tracks
>physics/driving mechanics basically the same
>only downside is shitty online, which is fine because I've been playing offline for essentially my whole life anyway

Yep, had the Kong one show up for me a while ago.

For anyone having trouble with Velo times, don't sweat it too much. You don't have to drive perfectly to beat him, just make less mistakes than him
youtube.com/watch?v=BEpwODgqb30
Please don't bully my choice of music, I have big autism

because time trials are really fun
that's basically it

Roster is the only thing in MK8's favor though ,the mechanics are kinda shit.

autistics who grew up with the originals, and furries (also autistic)

autism

Attached: 1443227255905.png (529x470, 132K)

What was the hardest track to beat for a big dummy autist like you?

Cortex Castle for sure. Even my successful run of it is sloppy as hell. Runner up would probably be Deep Sea Drivin simply for that incline spiral.