Despite merging their handheld and console development teams...

>despite merging their handheld and console development teams, the only games coming out this year are animal crossing and a remake of xenoblade
wtf is this shit?

Attached: SI_GenericNintendo[1].jpg (2000x1000, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Switch_games
store.steampowered.com/app/439550/n_Verlore_Verstand/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1-2-Switch
nintendo.com/games/detail/10-second-run-returns-switch/
nintendo.com/games/detail/1001-ultimate-mahjong-2-switch/
store.steampowered.com/app/410110/12_is_Better_Than_6/
nintendo.com/games/detail/12-labours-of-hercules-switch/
store.steampowered.com/app/529950/12_orbits/
store.steampowered.com/app/242820/140/
store.steampowered.com/app/470060/1917__The_Alien_Invasion_DX/
store.steampowered.com/app/388320/1979_Revolution_Black_Friday/
store.steampowered.com/app/1086010/198X/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

mobile is their focus now. consoles are secondary

none of nintendo's internal companies make mobile games

they ran out of ideas

BOTW2, Bayo 3, SMT 5 are all coming out VERY soon.

BotW2 is possible for a holiday title

the other two? forget about it

F Zero NX is a surprise reveal for a early fall release. Bet the farm on it.

>Its Jan./Feb./March
>Only a few games on the release schedule for the year so far
>HOLY SHIT NINTENDO IS FINISHED WHERE ARE THE GAAAAAAAEMS
>E3 rolls around and a dozen get announced
>At least half of them release the same year
>Several are top-sellers over the holidays
>Repeat next year

Oh, right, its March again.

>E3 rolls around and a dozen get announced
dozen is being really generous and they won't be out this year. 2018 had a similar issue and all we got was smash that year

before the first direct of last year we didn't know about Mario Maker 2, Astral Chain, Link's Awakening remake, Pokemon Shill and Shit, Ring Fit etc.

>dozen is being really generous
They're not all Nintendo-developed games but yeah we get a good dozen announcements every E3

>2018 had a similar issue and all we got was smash that year

>Kirby Star Allies
>Mario Tennis Aces
>Dong Freeze port
>Dark Souls port
>Hyrule Warriors port
>TWEWY port
>Crash Trilogy port
>Divinity 2 port
>Valkyria Chronicles 4 port
>Pokemon LGPE
>Smash Ultimate
>Super Mario Party
>Octopath Traveler

I'm sure you'll just call most of these shit because you're a faggot but Nintendo released plenty of games and it got a bunch of third-party ports and indieshit that year too.

honestly I dont give a fuck. Just bought the fucker in January 2020 so I have a lot of backlog. Now recommend me some damn games!

>counting ports

Attached: chew.jpg (371x353, 13K)

Here's some more
>Sushi Striker
>Xenoblade 2 Torma whatever
>Katamari Damacy Reroll
>Nintendo Cardboard
>Captain Toad port
>Dragonball FighterZ
>Endless indieshit

Nintendo released plenty of new games and ports, not even counting third-party games. There was never a game drought, there is no game drought, it has over 2000 games and its barely 3 years old.

I jsut want fucking news on RF5
oh p.s. animal crossing alone was enough for me to finally buy a fucking Switch

Five bucks says they pull what they did last year and reveal their entire 2020 lineup at E3.

so what mobile games are they releasing this year?

>Astral Chain
>Breath of the Wild
>Daemon X Machina
>Mario Odyssey.
>Splatoon 2

Attached: 1568155765356.jpg (900x1274, 161K)

>more ports

Coronavirus until proven otherwise

when people talk about game drought they talk about games worth playing
sure you can have 10000 free phone game ports and indies made by a single person on a weekend but that isn't any better than nothing

Attached: 0a378a4fa4f943e49ccdb5ce362ed9b4.jpg (1920x1080, 248K)

Switch is doing pretty poorly, sales may be up but what value are sales when there are just no games, third parties aren't interested in putting any real support on the platform, games that are ported are always farmed out and of an extremely low quality, arrive late, have features cut, the list goes on. Third parties have been given free marketing, publishing deals that give them ownership, and even development support and they turn around and unless Nintendo are outright paying tell them to fuck off. The Switch is easily the best console ever made, it's core idea is what a console should be in this day and age where all games are on PC, and it's first party while extremely barren, with Nintendo taking more than double the same time as last gen to make fewer games is still the best that the industry has to offer.
The Switch is the only gaming console that holds any value, but everyone including Nintendo has done everything they can to ensure that it doesn't become the best it could be, and it's all so tiresome.

EPD makes most of them.

Is the hac-001 model unpatched with only a dock worth picking up for $250 plus $10 shipping?

Attached: 1582736133890.jpg (300x375, 34K)

Yes, only two games will be released this year.

>what value are sales when there are no games

how about sales revenue you mouthbreather

Yes, the Switch is a flop. Obviously.

Give me another clam-shell handheld with dual screens / a touch screen
3d can fuck off

I don't own Nintendo shares, the only relevance of strong sales to me are increased support for a platform I have purchased, I still have yet to see support befitting of the Switch's sales success.

you don't have to tell me you don't involve yourself in stocks- you're the one on here arguing you don't like that the switch isn't putting out games so that means the high sales are not viewed as a success

>when people talk about game drought they talk about games worth playing
And what is your definition of "wroth playing"

Because it always just seems to actually mean
>Games I personally say count so my patently false narrative doesn't look silly

>Smash
>Mario Party
>Sushi Striker
>Xenoblade 2 whatever
>Kirby
>Mario Tennis
>Pokemon LGPE
>Nintendo Cardboard
All new games, faggot, and then there's all the ports and other shit they developed and/or published, how many games do you expect them to develop and release every year? Seriously, ballpark it.

Learn to read.

>I still have yet to see support befitting of the Switch's sales success.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Switch_games

>There are currently 2152 games

But let me guess, all this support doesn't count because then you'd be wrong? It has only 250 fewer games than the PS4 and got them in less than half the time, but that's not adequate support for you?

>They have Pokémon and Mario Kart
>Soon will have AC too
The trilogy will be completed, soon they won't need to release a single game on Switch and still print money year after year.

you wish you had a response don't you? instead you're stewing in your room mad at a company for being successful

You guys need to try some new games in general/out of your comfort zone. How many of guys here even played Astral Chain or Fire Emblem Three Houses yet?

AC was a disappointing platinum game and FE is shit. Hyped for project GG though

I liked Astral Chain and I have no interest in touching FE after Fates

Astral Chain was alright, and if you found the investigation parts unnecessary, it's not like they didn't advertise beforehand it didn't have them. Three Houses is as an overall package is a big step up from Fates so I'm inclined to disagree.

>Forgetting the best one coming out this year
Faggot

Attached: maxresdefault (11).jpg (1280x720, 118K)

the investigations are a problem but ignorable, what isn't is the clunky combat and poor enemy design. TH is a strategy game that requires no thought and was a huge step down in terms of gameplay with the maps, not to mention the retarded persona shit dragging it down, story being better doesn't matter in a FE game

>2020? good luck!
Suda said the game was 40-50% done at the TGAs, it ain't coming this year

You need to actually think about what having a library of 2152 games in a span of 3 years means for a platform.
store.steampowered.com/app/439550/n_Verlore_Verstand/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1-2-Switch
nintendo.com/games/detail/10-second-run-returns-switch/
nintendo.com/games/detail/1001-ultimate-mahjong-2-switch/
store.steampowered.com/app/410110/12_is_Better_Than_6/
nintendo.com/games/detail/12-labours-of-hercules-switch/
store.steampowered.com/app/529950/12_orbits/
store.steampowered.com/app/242820/140/
store.steampowered.com/app/470060/1917__The_Alien_Invasion_DX/
store.steampowered.com/app/388320/1979_Revolution_Black_Friday/
store.steampowered.com/app/1086010/198X/
You can't even begin comparing this pile of shit to generations gone.

Actually I wish you could read so that your statements were relevant to what I posted.

We are only 3 months into the year. Could be done by holiday season.

are you dumb? development for NMH3 started at least in 2018 with TSA, it's a 2021 title earliest

>Mario Day is on the 10th of this month
>Mario’s 35th anniversary is this year
>Mario Day also happens to fall on a Tuesday
Direct next week?

Attached: E5AB08D7-808F-4BFC-84E9-FCB3B3CC818C.jpg (750x445, 33K)

>with TSA
Wasn't TSA made to fund NMH3 tho? Im sure 3 started after TSA

TSA literally has a NMH3 test room in it

Travis Strikes again was delayed, and that game was much smaller, I'm expecting this to be delayed. Actually I'd rather it be delayed for another year or two, moved to an engine that doesn't handicap the game on the Switch and then have it polished. That said I'm not dumb enough to buy this on Switch when the inevitable PS4 or PC version will not be fucked into 15fps at 480 vertical lines of resolution.

>The Switch is easily the best console ever made
god i hate nintenfats.

Attached: too old for this shit.jpg (389x257, 19K)

Steam at least has some degree of filtering and sorting that makes it easier to wade through the trash
eShop has no such feature, you have to scroll through every single last garbage game. And as an additional "fuck you", the Switch will run out of RAM super quickly when scrolling through the long list of games, start using a page file and eShop performance goes right down the shitter

>when there are just no games
I would have agreed with you maybe in early 2018.
>BotW
>Mario Odyssey
>Mario Maker 2
>Link's Awakening DX
>Pokemon Sword & Shield
>Mario Kart 8 deluxe
>Splatoon 2
>ARMS
>Super Mario Party
>Daemon X Machina
>Luigi's Mansion 3
>Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (surprisingly good)
>Treasure Tracker
>DK tropical freeze
>Smash Bros Ultimate
>Animal Crossing New Horizon
>Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX
and no third party support? Every single relevant indie game is in there, some (like crypt of necromancer) are even getting special treatment, and major normie games like overwatch, fortnite, Skyrim, even crash bandicoot are on switch.
I used to believe this until my fucking joycons started drifting for the second time

I just entered the thread to see people calling OP stupid, but what the fuck us going on here? How can someone post something so blatantly wrong with such confidence?

>E3
Coronachan cancelled it. Nintendo will just have to do a major direct in its place with no stage presence.

It's a mix of shitposting bait and genuine idiots, as is par for the course for this place

uhhhh... what the fuck

user switch is 3 years old and has sold well. it's already a success.

This is genuinely one of the most misinformed and retarded posts on Yea Forums in years.

The third party support boom is 90% of the speculation about a switch pro, which would keep 3rd party and port support going into next gen. Third parties are fucking flocking to the switch. DMC 1-3 is now on a Nintendo system for the first time ever, every PS1 FF is now on a Nintendo system for the first time ever. THE WITCHER 3 IS ON SWITCH. DIABLO III AND OVERWATCH. It’s not good, and it’s too little too late but FUCKING BLIZZARD SHIT NIGGA. Crash bandicoot, Spyro, and even CTR are on there. I’m currently playing tales of vesperia which I never got around to, but now can play it on a fucking handheld.
MK11 came out day and date on switch and I’ve been really enjoying fighterz season 3 updates which came day and date on switch.

Nintendo has so much third party and indie shit now that the real issue is the eshop getting to steam levels of over-saturation and subpar mobile games that sit at 50 cents to sit on the top spot of the sales page.

It's the only console that makes sense as a console, the only things stopping it from claiming that spot without any objections would be improved build quality, at least as hardware goes, library is it's second thing, needs to be leaner with more games actually worth playing instead of the piles upon piles of shit that infest it.

Switch's library is still lackluster, it just failed to take off, first year, that was great, it wasn't hard being optimistic about it's future at that point, but then 2018 rolled around, and it was clear Nintendo had no plan, and then 2019 started and the first 6 months was like 2 games, then the second half and the games just aren't as good as they should have been, Astral Chain has been the weakest of Platinums action games for Switch, it shouldn't have been, but they somehow managed it, then Fire Emble was good, as was Luigi's Mansion, Daemon X Machina came to PC, which I called the day it was announced it was unreal engine, and my waiting for it paid off. That list you posted, is full of ports, pretty depressing.

>open eshop
>go to sales section
>timberman vs is literally pocket change
>two months later
>still there at that price.
>still top of the page

Motherfuckers put their shit on basically permanent sale to be top listings on the sales page.

Despite the Switch's success, Nintendo hasn't changed much and will continue to let dormant IP rot.

>Nintendo is NintenDOOMED
like clockwork. see ya tomorrow.

that'll be their excuse for 50% of the Direct being Mario-related games

And Yea Forums will love it.

Or finally updating MM2 with something more than a playable link.

holy fuck that would be terrible

When you post an rebuttal try actually posting a rebuttal. You want to try and say that the Switch has strong third party support but then you go ahead and list ports, some of them more than a decade old. Since when is a pump and dump good support? Call me when third parties are actually putting their major development teams on Switch titles like they are other platforms.

>indies
Who the fuck buys a console to play the indies, that's like buying a PC to play flash games.

Just the Switch, it's not doomed in your traditional sense, it will continue to sell, at least for a few more years, it's just doomed to languish in irrelevance, third parties aren't putting their best foot forwards, it's just never going to be what it could be because like I said no-one except customers seems to give a fuck about the platform.

>15 minute explanation about what “super mario all stars” is when they put it on SNES online

Why haven't had a direct in 2020 yet, and Nintendo (generally) doesn't like to announce games that aren't coming out within that year. So that means that the game that will be coming out in 2020 have yet to be announced still.

Enjoy your windows 98 level emulation games.

Xenoblades 2 any good? Should i wait for part to release?

yes, it's the only reason I haven't regretted buying my switch yet (Animal Crossing probably going to be my second reason), you should probably play xenoblaDE first if you haven't played the orignal

>port, port, port, port, port, port
Sick of this shit. When are they gonna release good shit on the snes library? I’d take rebuying all my old games over drip feeding absolute dog shit games every few months

Attached: 9B808543-2B80-4B1F-BC46-02DE273E19E3.jpg (600x546, 91K)

>sick of ports
>when will they port over roms?
fucking retard

>NO NOT THOSE PORTS
>THESE PORTS

You are stupid.

To add to this, the Feb direct of 2019 had Mario Maker 2, Astral Chain, Link's Awakening and Tetris 99 revealed during it, all of them releasing that same year.

And during 2018 the March direct had Smash in it, which alone is massive.

Everyone needs to chill the fuck out.

Xenoblade 2 is a strange game, it's both anime as fuck filled with fanservice, a generic anime art style, and your stock anime tropes and comedy, and then at the same time it has some of the best writing and character development seen from the genre. The game is almost a paradox, and it's self evident that that's on purpose. The one thing about the lead writer though is that if he wants to he can implement story elements that pay off over multiple titles, unfortunately Xenoblade 2 is a sequel to a game that he didn't plan on making a sequel to.

Eat the port soup bigot.

why would nintendo put extra effort in when their paypigs are satisfied with old ports, smash dlc, and mobile gacha shit?
the switch is selling like crazy despite having nintendo's shittiest library since the virtual boy. blame their drone-like fanbase for having no standards.

Attached: nintendomentality.jpg (1024x768, 70K)

Attached: zoomer.png (434x327, 32K)

Everyone agrees that you're wrong. Indies are what's in right now, and you are missing out for not taking advantage of the Switch's massive library of quality indie titles.

indies are almost entirely garbage. especially western indies.

You're confusing nondisclosure agreements with refusal to work.

Projects can exist without you knowing about them.

good

>cinematic experience has the best writing and character development

Yikes, that's like saying Tim Buckley has the best webcomic.

That's your opinion no matter how wrong it is, the Switch's library is absolutely enormous, it eclipses multiple previous Nintendo platforms, you're dead wrong, on just about all points.

is nintendo still make labo content?

the switch library is garbage compared to the snes or ds, lil zoom. sorry that not everyone is impressed by old ports and lazy rehashes.

Most people in this thread agree that the Switch's library of ports and indies is a god send, you're the zoomer here, zoomer.

I am very picky and I still already have about 12 switch games, will probably finish the generation with 30. Usually with a console I'll get about 7-8 total because I can not tolerate mediocre games.

>Most people in this thread agree that the Switch's library of ports and indies is a god send
shocking that Yea Forumsintendogaf is defending nintendo. people with standards agree that the switch's library isn't up to par.

Sucks being you.... and wrong.

Don't worry user Nintendo will tell you what games to buy soon enough.

In the meantime I need to get home and take a nap. Want to keep me warm?

Attached: 20200229_074200.jpg (1422x1908, 1.6M)

Stupid nigger. Mobile is absolutely not their primary focus. Nintendo's core business is dedicated video game hardware/software.

This thread is peak contrarianism.

Sure user, Nintendo will go bankrupt any moment.

Pikmin site went down. Expect a pikmin 3 port and pikmin 4

>bankrupt
Who said bankrupt?
Is this thread full of bots or do nintendies just jump to a conclusion after reading the first few words of a post.

This, anybody who can't see this is a moron.
And it's not even decent mobage like Mario run, they managed to turn fucking doctor Mario into a gacha.

I'm sure it's a coincidence that news slowed to a crawl shortly after a change in president.

>and pikmin 4
Not on your ass

Attached: cptn.jpg (600x695, 17K)

Welcome to mid-life Nintendo systems OP. First rodeo? Happened with the N64, with the Gamecube, the Wii, and the Wii U and now the Switch. Promising starts mean fuck all, welcome to the floundering.

wii's midlife was great. It was the end that sucked

By that same logic, it means this is nothing new to the company and will ultimately not effect it or its overall quality at all.

Great for people who liked third party games, shit for Nintendo and shit for third parties who like sales.

It'll be a system that is ultimately the same tier as the N64 and Gamecube and Wii U: Utter fucking shit.

It's such a big shitpost that it's almost guaranteed to give you replies. So, when some retard started doing this for every Nintendo related thread, all the other retards followed.

It's trash, skip and wait for XC1 remaster.

The lack of investigation was really the problem.

I bought it BECAUSE of that and it was mostly useless.

Still fun but not what I wanted out of it after the trailer showing it was a thing. A thing they probably added two weeks before it went gold and was, at best, tenth-assed as a result.

>port bad
Ports are going to make up the largest amount of 3rd party support because of when the switch released. Discounting those from the library count and "new" games list is just dumb

Ports don't count as new games and they never will. Get some stantards.

>1-2-Switch
>MK8D
>Arms
>Splatoon 2
>Pokken DX
>FE Warriors
>Odyssey
>Snipperclips
>XC2
>Hyrule Warriors
>All the Labo shit
>DKCTF
>Mario Tennis Aces
>Captain Toad
>Super Mario Party
>LGPE
>Ultimate
>NSMBUD
>Mario Maker 2
>Astral Chain
>Link's Awakening
>Ring Fit
And more. Were all released the same year as they were announced. Most nintendo published games are.

Switch is largely a casual console. A large majority of its users probably haven't played a lot of the games that have been ported. As far as they are concerned it's new games and that's what Nintendo is counting on dumbass

This
Ninty keeps most of their smaller budget titles under wraps up until they're ready to be shown
It's actually more weird that they showed off MP4 and BOTW2 so early, but I guess they wanted to rattle up interest
Also, don't forget about Smash Ultimate which was announced in March 2018 and came out December 2018

Doom 2016 sold well on the switch and it was a port. Nintentards don't keep up with modern gaming so every port is like a brand new game

>Nintentards don't keep up with modern gaming so every port is like a brand new game
I never thought to look at that way. Fucking casuals.

Doesn't matter if they've never played them. They still don't count. Enablers like you are what's wrong with the industry.

Got any solid numbers on Doom switch?

This is why dismissing ports is dumb though. No matter how bad it is expect ports as their 3rd party support.
>games that have never been on a platform don't count
The 17th best selling game on the switch is a literal port from the wii u. Or let's talk about new super mario bros u, another fucking port. The switch install base is larger than their wii u so a lot of these people haven't played these games before. Ports are new library editions, shitty ones but don't discount them because of that

I'm trying to find some and can't find any but it was 4th best seller back when the switch first launched so its probably sitting around a few hundred thousand. But considering it's a port and that doom eternal is also going to be on the switch it probably made its money back, and that's what msot ports are doing. Making money back and some extra and it's not that expensive for the devs in lots of cases

Only solid numbers I can find peg it around 400K. PS4 is at 5.3M right now. In the time since the Switch release and now PS4 got about 2.5M extra units.

>said no-one except customers seems to give a fuck about the platform.
No shit Sherlock. People who don't buy a system aren't going to care about what gets released for it.

What about businesses wanting to make money, they don't care about the Switch, well they care about how fast and cheaply they can flip a port for the hardware.