Was it good

was it good

Attached: The3rdBirthdayCover.png (340x540, 230K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WL7_sBRE0T4
ctheory.net/ctheory_wp/tech-flesh-4-mitochodrial-combustion-at-club-parasitean-interview-with-hideaki-sena/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no /thread

Patently obvious it was a different game as it was being developed, and then got mutated into a Parasite Eve game. Don't bother with it if you give a shit about PE, it's a bad story and not a very good game either.

>Tabata

absolutely not

this.
glad SE got rid of him

No, go play 1 and 2 instead. Great games.

Literally Force you to Kill the original Aya Brea and now The New Aya Brea is her submissive loli sister Eve trapped in Ayas adult body
Was there a worse way to not only fuck over the character but kill off the entire series

Attached: 1510302537778.jpg (559x663, 169K)

Where is 2 is a decent enough game but a real odd sequel, 3rd birthday is just all garbage.
Arguably I'd say just play 1 and it's NG+ content. If I recall correctly how Square handled 2 was why the author didn't renew their license for adaptation.

It’s pretty shite Parasite Eve gam, but if you accept it as non-canon it’s good for what it is.

what the fuck

Attached: 1401509006612.jpg (186x232, 6K)

That's a turd, not a game

gameplay?
yeah
story?
fuck no

the game exists because the PE author got buttmad about PE2 and told square they can never use the PE name ever again so third birthday popped up to literally kill PE

Nah. The shooting was barebones. Parasite Eve1-2 had a cool mix of magic and guns but this had mostly generic gunplay. Magic was kept at super minimum. All the upgrades you found were passives like more health, dmg, Regen etc.

I enjoyed the first two games a lot more.

Attached: PE2PE.png (1440x1062, 269K)

Don't worry, if they ever bring back PE, this won't be canon. Look at the cover on OPs image, they knew they had a stinker so they didn't even name it Parasite Eve.

Also christ isn't it about time to remake the original, I feel like with the success of REmake 2 and the probable success of REmake 3, you could make a really good remake of this series as well. You even have a female protagonist, lean on that for the journalist hogs to hype up and you have easy publicity.

The gameplay is pretty good, the music is good, the atmosphere is kinda good.
The story is garbage, just like in PE2.

Oh is that what happened? I guess that answers why there hasn't been a remake then, how unfortunate.

2 is what happened honestly

>the author
Nobody gives a fuck about the author. He wasn't even involved in the games.

>if they ever bring back PE
lol
he literally owns the ip, user
but maybe when he dies...

>nobody gives a fuck about the guy who owns the rights to the IP you're making a game out of and dictates whether or not you can continue to use it

Attached: 1278224319924.jpg (126x113, 3K)

>but maybe when he dies...
Hmmmm

Attached: hitman-main-535f.jpg (644x362, 26K)

>Trusting SE at this point.
Just boot up PE1 and go back, my friends

youtube.com/watch?v=WL7_sBRE0T4
PE is very comfy. Picked it up on a whim and ended up playing through it in mostly one sitting.

Attached: 12-capture_04042011_115122.jpg (640x480, 34K)

She looks like my wife lightning

Pirated it on a hacked PS3 10 months ago, was an absolute blast. Coincidentally just got around to buying it last night.

Tried the sequel immediately after, and I can say with full confidence Square desecrated one of their most unique IPs by copypasting RE. The fuck were they thinking? Didn't even bother with the 3rd Birthday after I saw what that hack Nomura did with the story. I should still try it for myself as far as gameplay is concerned, but holy shit I'd rather pretend the series ended after the first one.

Attached: PE.png (165x264, 42K)

It's a coomer game

Nothin wrong with that man, especially given PE has plenty enough going for it on it's own anyway.

One of the first games I bought on my psx. Loved it and wish more jap horror rpgs existed.

The same people who frontline the Final Fantasy franchise, frontlined the 3rd birthday. Those characters are physically unidentifiable. And yes, it is a glorified waifu simulator with multiple outfits same as 13-3 and X-2.

So basically, this is a game your type of people would enjoy.

Attached: 1570111618612.jpg (490x474, 33K)

yes it's good
all of the parasite eves are good desu

That's actually not what happened. PE1 fans are fucking retarded and have been for years
ctheory.net/ctheory_wp/tech-flesh-4-mitochodrial-combustion-at-club-parasitean-interview-with-hideaki-sena/
>CTheory: I’m curious about all of the different media versions of Parasite Eve: book, game, TV movie, now possibly feature film. How did it happen that your novel was transformed into a PlayStation game? Have you seen or played the game? If you have, how would you say it relates to the book? Are there any other current or pending versions of the story?
>Hideaki Sena: There are several different media versions of Parasite Eve: a movie (not a TV movie, but a Big Screen film), a comic (manga), PlayStation game (part 1 and part 2), and a manga version of the PlayStation game story (the title is “Parasite Eve DIVA”). The manga version is the most faithful version to my novel. The story of the Play-Station game (part 1) is the sequel to my novel. But none of characters is identical to my story. The story was written by game designers, so I did not know the game story until it was sold. The project of the PlayStation game was between Square Company and my publisher. So far, there is no other pending version of the story.
tl;dr Hideaki Sena never appeared to give a shit about the games and even if he did it wasn't his call, the deal was between Square and his publisher.

Sperg.

>Didn't even bother with the 3rd Birthday after I saw what that hack Nomura did with the story
Nomura didn't write the story.

Attached: Screenshot_2020-03-02 The 3rd Birthday - Wikipedia.png (346x1027, 174K)

As good as the first two, not even close, good on its own for what it is, yes.

>a sequel
Its more like the exact same story with more jrpg shenanigans and characters named differently

Well it did come with a download code to get that costume for Lightning in Dissidia

Well, I'll keep a modicum of hope then. I really do feel like Parasite Eve out of most 90s/00s classics would benefit quite a bit from a remake. Some of the music was really quite good, and the boss fights were inventive, like the fucking flaming chariot scenario.

The shower scene was good. Not really much else though.

It's dumb fun.

clothes didn't get fully destroyed so it's shit

yes.
i completed the game 50 times just to 100% it

About the only good part is the graphics are decent and Aya is as hot as ever.

You can't thread yourself, retard. Here, I'll do it.
/thread

Motomu Toriyama wrote the script iirc so it's not surprising.

It was fun but the unlockables were horrible. I remember there was an extra camera angle that focused on her ass, but they locked it behind something incredibly dumb, iirc it was clearing the game 50 times

gameplay was okay

The story was bad, like Other M levels of bad

>like Other M levels of bad
I see that comparison a lot and can't help but think the character assassination in this game is that bad.

>Didn't even bother with the 3rd Birthday after I saw what that hack Nomura did with the story

All Nomura was the character designer.
The guy who did the Lighting games was the writer.
Tabata was the director

>I see that comparison a lot and can't help but think the character assassination in this game is that bad.

that's because the big retarded twist saved the character assassination.

no, sadly. probably killed the series chances of anything new or any remake.

Attached: tumblr_o4wqs0vI2z1tz7ie3o1_1280.jpg (750x1300, 184K)

mitochondria

Yeah yeah yeah I know all about the stupid twist but holy fuck we had to deal with how badly Aya was treated until then.

No.