I caved and bought a rift s, what are some good vr fps games to play before HLA?

I caved and bought a rift s, what are some good vr fps games to play before HLA?

Currently playing boneworks and superhot vr

Attached: 220px-Half-Life_Alyx_Cover_Art.jpg (220x314, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1678408548
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

since the game SUPPORTS SMOOTH LOCOMOTION, those are good choices to get your VR legs

Payday 2

Pavlov is a fun tiem

Zero Caliber, and you can get a gmod VR mod and play HL2 maps in VR

Attached: 1542724892478.jpg (907x1024, 90K)

Walking Dead Saints and Sinners

Hotdogs, horseshoes and hand grenades if you like accurately modeled/handing firearm autism simulator and shooting ranges

>>>>>"accurately"
HELLLLOO NOGUNS! SEEMS LIKE YOURE A LITTLE RETARDED
That game is inaccurate as HELL

Garry's Mod with VRmod, replay HL2+episodes
Some assembly required

Attached: 1573711594839.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

Pavlov and VaM

Threadly reminder Alyx's OG VA never got asked to sound younger for HL:A. She just got replaced with no warning whatsoever.

This

Attached: walkingdeadvrkek.webm (1280x720, 3M)

The Walking Dead Saints and Sinners is VR KINO

It's 2020 I couldn't care less about VA drama

Alyx is a fucking garbage character from a garbage game, HL1 chads rise up and dab on anything HL2 related

She really is terrible, on the bright side she resulted in the cringe kino known as Cinematic Mod so it evens out

>a VR mod is better than what was revealed from an official HL:VR game
Is Valve the new Bethesda?

>shoots himself in the end
Supreme gentleman tier

Pretty low effort bitchpost user, try harder

>Heads aren't zombified

This triggers my autism.

The mod has arms and free movement. How am I wrong?

This. Between the VA strike thing from a few years back, and the Vic Mignogna thing that's been going on for over a year, I'm over VAs.

definitely pavlov. boneworks is a fun physics sandbox slash puzzle game, but shooting in boneworks is horrible. pistols are somewhat doable, longer rifles are getting stuck on your body, nothing makes sense.

pavlov is great, but it's not a very competitive game. lag gives players advantage, voice chat is compromised by other players hearing you ingame, etc. anyway, buy it, don't take it too seriously, and it will be the best shooter you've ever played

is that the native vr support for hl2 or did you install some mods for it?

So?

well he did say Garry's mod

Odyssey+ here get pavlov and some sim games a joystick and a wheel

It's jank as fuck
I like it but it really suffers from being a shoehorned unpolished experience
Also the arms/body/hands look like ass, I ended up using floating HEV arms in the end.
>free movement
How fucking ignorant are you, really?

hl2 used to have rift support in dk2 times, then valve dropped it. i imagine user means some vr mod since dk2 hl2 would only run on early versions of sdk, only on this one headset

They get a disproportionate amount of goodwill from the playerbase despite doing very little. And they create a disproportionate amount of drama and they usually end up trying to leverage player goodwill to pressure the devs, it's obnoxious.

Just the fact that you can jump properly in this means to me it's better than HL:A. Fuck that on rails floaty garbage, literally Arizona Sunshine 2.0.

Just jump in real life you ADHD retard

Attached: 1365809886860.gif (500x281, 1.87M)

Believe it or not that native VR mode is still present in the game today and can be activated even on an Index, where it will accept headtracking from SteamVR. The problem is, the render mask is all wrong for modern headsets so you get tons of distortion. Also, don't even try it with an Index because the game is not aware the headset has canted displays, which warp the geometry locations big time and can actually damage your eyes and brain.

Isn't it still nosegunning? Also is there Episode support?

>Vertigo
>Vertigo 2 Demo
>Scanner Sombre
>Last labyrinth
>Gnog
>FORM
>Duck Season
>Compound
>Arizona sunshine
>Beat saber

Attached: 1553338071219.gif (100x100, 145K)

Just download the GMod VR mod

the guy is mainly devving it on Index and you can obviously just play through the whole campaign there

Walking Dead:ss is great so far and feels physical and less janky than Boneworks. All the Serious Sam games have good VR ports. Hellsplit is a decent arena fighter. Also give In Death a try if you like archery.

Nope it's keyboard and mouse aiming with completely decoupled headtracking. It was actually fucking amazing back in the day with the DK2, being able to lean around corners and see enemies before running out, or just being able to look around freely while moving forward. In some ways, it honestly works better than standing VR with motion controls because which way is forward? Is it the direction I'm looking? Is it the direction of my controller? Is it some formula based around the 3 tracked points? It's dumb. With keyboard and mouse you have a fixed means of moving forward and rotating freely with the mouse. Only real downside is hand interaction is lost, but having precise and fast controls makes up for it IMO.

It's still a bit of a mess. No HUD except with another mod that doesn't quite work right, the weapon scale is totally fucked which is actually a problem since the game considers your view to be at the tip of the weapon, for geometry culling purposes. You can't aim for shit without the ugly ass laser pointer option.
Still, its a lot of fun and getting there.

>No HUD except with another mod that doesn't quite work right, the weapon scale is totally fucked which is actually a problem since the game considers your view to be at the tip of the weapon

The fuck are you talking about?
It has fully articulated fingers with Index tracking and a HUD and shit.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1678408548

fallen doll and honey select if you like to coom

I never said anything about the fingers bro. They're nice but a lot of models have boneitis or just straight up break in VR.
As for the HUD what the fuck are you talking about? The weapon select menu?

Has anyone tried any euro or american truck sim in VR? Is it good? What if I don't have a wheel?

>Raw Data
>Robo Recall
>Pistol Whip (Superhot meets Time Crisis meets Beat Saber, it's fucking awesome)
>Alien Isolation (with Mother VR mod)
>Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners (I haven't played it, but I've heard it's good)

I've also been interested in trying the Resident Evil 2 VR mod, but fuck me if I can't get it to work.

As far as non-FPS VR games that are still good, I'd go with

>Beat Saber
Guitar Hero but with swords. WAY better than it sounds, and a shitload of modded songs.

>Battlezone
Tank battles in Tron, basically

>Five Nights at Freddy's VR
I know, I know, but there's something about the VR immersion that makes it good

>Dreadhalls
For a game with phone graphics, it's surprisingly spooky

>Vader Immortal
The Lightsaber dojo alone makes it worth the price of admission

>Trover Saves the Universe
Depends entirely on your tolerance for Justin Roiland's brand of humor

>As for the HUD what the fuck are you talking about? The weapon select menu?

Yeah retard.
The HUD.
The one that tells you your health and ammo and guns.

Yes
Yes, surprisingly comfy
It hurts

Why are you being so fucking rude, what's your problem asshole? Go fuck yourself you retarded manchild.

Attached: elephant_march.jpg (215x211, 12K)

Not OP, but thanks bro. Appreciate the suggestions.

postin my usual big list, not all shooters though
>Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners
>Lone Echo
>Stormland
>Boneworks (after VR legs are strong)
>Vivecraft
>Beat Saber (w/ customs)
>Obduction
>No Man's Sky
>Pavlov
>Onward
>Rec Room (free)
>Raw Data
>Robo Recall
>Five Nights at Freddy's VR (yes im serious)
>Windlands 2 (motion sickness warning)
>To The Top
>GORN
>Blade and Sorcery (+mods)
>The Forest
>Tabletop Simulator
>Google Earth VR (free)
>Moss
>Trover Saves the Universe (if you can stomach the humor)
>Accounting / Accounting+ (same creator as above)
>Alien Isolation VR mod
>Doom 3 VR mod
>HL1 and HL2 VR mods as released, GMod VRmod if you can't wait
>Euro Truck Simulator (I think American Truck Simulator can do VR too but not sure)
>I Expect You To Die
>EmuVR (requires a good bit of setup)
>NewRetroArcade Neon (requires an even gooder bit of setup)
>VorpX if you want to play a compatible game in an immersive 3D theater
>Redout
>Distance
>Sariento VR
>Pistol Whip
>FORM
>Rez Infinite
>Thumper
>H3VR

>falling for the rift s meme

Better hope to god your eye IDP is exactly 63 or you're going to Blur city.

Attached: 1381684761261.gif (285x160, 2.77M)