Sekiro

Is this the best sword fighting game known to man?

Attached: learn_your_deflects.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hLI0uNJma-E
youtube.com/watch?v=zFoN83UvH1w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

absolutely, anyone say otherwise is cringe. opinions unlike mine are cringe.

yes no maybe I don't know
can you repeat the nig

youtu.be/hLI0uNJma-E

Attached: 2d1kekiuojf41.png (1243x1881, 2.56M)

Unironically yes.

Attached: 905699B6-C880-497A-9ABB-D2578FF1E2F2.jpg (2048x1668, 834K)

I just beat Owl (Father) yesterday and have to say without a doubt that it is. However I hate that after beating him, i got my ass kicked by a bunch of lizard mooks

>doesnt even post that webm
One job

For fuck's sake, quick draw is such a horrible anime trope, really soured an otherwise great game.

Attached: doge_sad.jpg (600x600, 188K)

Well post it then.

Attached: 1582583096110.jpg (925x901, 145K)

iaijutsu is an actual martial art, it's no less a meme than any other fancy shit.

It was an actual move and technique you sperg retard

Iaijutsu was a meme yes, but only because it was the most efficient way to kill someone without dying or ruining your sword. Japanese swords were shit for parrying, only good for cutting through soft targets like unarmed peasants.

Attached: 75133170_p0.jpg (852x1200, 564K)

Can you stop being such a polfag spouting yourself culture war talking points all the tome? I literally don’t care how much you love the US army. Really, I don’t.

Onimusha 2 has better sword fighting than this game.

Nioh and Nioh 2. You can do everything you do in Sekiro in Nioh but better.

Attached: 1583081256174.webm (900x506, 2.93M)

based schizo

>iaijutsu meme
As far as I'm aware iaijutsu didn't involve actually holstering your sword in the middle of combat and getting yourself killed for showing off too much. That's just anime shit.

this isn't sword fighting, just autism

you unsheath, kill a person, then sheath
that's what the technique is all about

it's real life anime you dumb weeb

>muh /pol/ boogeyman
Nothing I said was false and I don't see you arguing otherwise, just bitching

why is izuna drop so cool bros

Faggot

Attached: die-by-the-sword-09.big.jpg (980x735, 123K)

Attached: 75133170_p1.jpg (852x1200, 590K)

retard

youtube.com/watch?v=zFoN83UvH1w

For Honor is. Sekiro is the best general action game, though.

>the guy bitching like an idiot is a retarded anime hater.
>let's call him "dumb weeb" anyway.
At this point it's like the term anime and weeb have no actual meaning in this board, just nonsensical labels to put on anything and anyone the average shitposter doesn't like. Which is some brain cancer inducing retardation since 90% of the posters of this board enjoy some anime-ish things.

It's really easy to spot you young kids...

Attached: BB.jpg (768x768, 78K)

desu, it was pretty boring.

imagine being this easily baited holy fuck you really are retarded

based

this is still the best sword game

you dumb zoomer it's not about fun

if you havent played 1v1 in bushido blade with a pal you will never know intense swordplay

Attached: MV5BODM5YjFhZGMtODA5Zi00ZmU3LTljNmQtNjJmZjViMDI2ZjMwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODU5ODY0ODc@._V1_.jpg (640x480, 68K)

>kill the crying bitch (what the hell was her problem) in one shot
>get enough money to finally buy the anti-air deathblow I need for the shishimens
>the fucking faggot who was selling it doesn't offer it now

This FUCKING trash bag of a game. Why are almost every bosses easier than the optional monsters? And now I'm forced to fight them head on without the anti air trick.
Fuck this

>best sword fighting game known to man
but full 3d force feedback Sekiro VR hasn't been invented yet

>tfw my friends were too casual to go hard in it
the game is pure sadistic dueling, it's great.

it's a shame that genre didn't go anywhere. when I was a kid all I wanted was huge war games with thousands of people killing each other and more bushido blade.

i wish i could play sekiro but its just too hard

Attached: 543345534.jpg (397x500, 41K)

>being so against something you can't tell the difference between fiction and reality

Can you jump in Nioh? Checkmate. Both are good for different reasons.

No it's inferior to metal gear rising

It's not hard once you figure out how the combat system works.

Stay mad polmutt

Stop having your shitty manlet rage.

The anti air deathblow skill text can be found in the coffin of the dilapidated temple (the small shrine near Hanbei)

If you want to fight the warriors, I would also recommend you getting the purple umbrella and the projected force skill.
It's possible to kill them with the anti air deathblow technique, but remember that not only is the timing very tight, but also that you need to have a divine confetti active while doing it.

Attached: 78291753_p0.jpg (2480x3508, 1.49M)

iit's supposed to be hard you faggot, get good. once you beat the game once you'll be a master then you'll think it's too easy which sucks ass. I loved the game but it's got no replayability

Im gonna stick to mount and blade

DSP fucking beat it
You have no excuses

It’s unironically the most fun From game to replay tho

At least remember the timestamp

Mount and blade doesn't even begin to compare, it's way different.

>I was just pretending to be retarded to bait the 2-3 people who cares about how fucking retarded those labels have become, I swear.
Dude, randomly calling everyone and their moms "weeb" is stupid but at least it's the nonsensical norm of this shithole, resorting to "lol i trolled you" crap just because an anonymous complained about that makes even less sense. It's not a case in which you need to try to save face or anything, chill out.

when it looks like your enemy is attacking, mash L1, when it looks like they aren't attacking, press R1 a couple of times. throw in a few paper-scissors-rock responses every now and then.

The problem with the game itself, other than the amazing duels, doesn't really offer anything else to fly off as an idea. It literally feels like a sword duel sim and thats it. Also the 1 hit kills might sound too much to the normies. The sequel was terrible though and killed the franchise.

why though? is it like a psychological technique where the enemy doesnt have as high of guard because you seem less prepared to deal with their shit? i dont know shit about real swordfights, but that technique seems very detrimental to blocking

no it isn't. other from games have different builds for different replays making them mildly interesting, there are even alternate routes to take and various quests to do.

sekiro is the same every time, only this time I'm now a master at the combat so it's not at all challenging.

watch the entire thing, it's an entire school for quick kills then putting the weapon away.

No. Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy, Mordhau, and Kingdom Come are all far superior. They give you full control and are purely skill based. That's proper sword fighting. Sekiro is neither, it's just very fluid and stylish to look at. Better than garbage like Nioh though at least.

you're literally seething, I trolled you real good with a low effort meme of an insult. you're spastic.

Different builds are a gimmick. Once I’m done staring at my fancy new clothes and weapon I want to actually play the game and it doesn’t help when everything is clunky and slow and boring. I’d rather than one versatile weapon that’s fun and engaging to use than a thousand weapons that are a chore to use.

Cringe post. Nioh 1, and especially 2, are complete fucking garbage. And Ninja Gaiden is just DMC tier autism.

Filtered by the chained ogre. You can't mash L1, you will get hit.

Git gud and try again.

>Different builds are a gimmick
no they're different builds. apparently you're not even a souls fan so why did you bring those games up? you aren't even making sense because sekiro, once you've got the combat down, is slow and boring because you've memorized all the patterns you need to parry.

souls games have the replayability in creating a build which means finding and upgrading specific gear then using it particularly in pvp. sekiro is just repeating what you did, but 100x easier.

>especially the game that isn't out yet is total garbage
Ok retard

im sure its nothing like bushido blade, but for the thousands of people killing eachother, have you tried warband? also bannerlord comes out the 31st

Hey buddy, your opinion is NOT a fact

covered by second clause, brah

yeah but I meant shooters and those games are incredibly janky.

The demo was up all weekend and it's dogshit. Nice try.

I want to pat Kuro-sama’s head

and you have a retarded and illogical opinion. there is something to gain replaying souls games, there is nothing to gain playing sekiro which becomes SIGNIFICANTLY easier upon replaying unlike souls.

Your post is literally “shiny thing good because shiny”. It’s a gimmick, get over it. Some people want GAMEplay in their games.

There’s nothing to gain in any video games bud. You’re just in it for the fun. Which is why games with fun gameplay>games without fun gameplay.

>another useless angry-for-no-reason dose of "I was pretending, pls believe me".
Ok my man, whatever makes you feel better.

Thats funny because I replayed Sekiro the most out of all From games.
Demonbell + charmless really makes things fresh again

you don't even understand what a gimmick is. stop posting you retard.

Have you ever heard of the term fun?

Yes I do. In fact the reality that it’s a gimmick hit you so hard you actually don’t want me to use the word anymore because it hurts you. It’s a gimmick just like hats in TF2

>he doesn't experiment with tools and combat arts.
Also Sekiro has 4 endings, 3 of them with their own unique boss

No because these games exist:
For Honor
Nioh
Jedi Academy
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Severance

Also Soul Calibur 2 if you want to allow a figthing games

Attached: serveimage (1).jpg (700x700, 82K)

you're a drooling retard.

this isn't an argument. there is something tangible to gain replaying games meant to be replayed. you get a larger experience of it. it's not simply about fun.
sekiro is literally one and done as far as unlocks and there are no notable quests. it's less replayable because it wasn't meant to be replayed like the other games from makes.

t. gimmick guzzler

tell me about your experiments lol. and yeah that's true, forgot about that since I made a tactical save.

Yes?

>Jankdom Cum
>proper sword figthing

Massive kek
And this is coming from someone that loves the game both as an RPG and a sort of time capsule from my favourite period in history. Both KCD swordplay is fucking laughable dude, holy shit

Attached: 7zvbunkx62j41.jpg (500x688, 90K)

I'm replaying sekiro simply because combat is lots of fun.

I must be smarter than you because it's ridiculously boring for me after having completed the game. it's just too easy.

I don't see how it's not an argument. Souls have more content that allows for more replayability, sure. That doesn't help me though since I don't find souls gameplay very enjoyable. At the same time sekiro is less replayable but I will be replaying it because I enjoy play the game.

Thanks.

le parry simulator

no its terribly shallow once you learn how to parry and charge attack parry

No.

then say that, not that sekiro is more replayable because it's not.

Charmless + demonbell
Try that

too much muscle memory, zero strategy

it's too boring getting to the demonbell

Based. Suckiro is like play fighting to Nioh’s actual fighting

>makes save so he can get all the endings in one playthrough
>BRO WHY IS THERE NO REPLAYABILITY WTF MAN

>N-NO THAT DOESN'T COUNT
Kill yourself and stop talking to me you waste of space
And btw, the demonbell can be activated as early as ashina outskirts using a secret passage
And the Kuro's charm can be removed at the very beginning of the game

Replayability boils down to personal preferences.
Too smart to have fun? Maybe your dopamine is just fucked.

you couldn't do that in souls even if you were just replaying for story bits
you definitely couldn't do that for the various builds.

not an argument

I've played it with people. I didn't like the control scheme and the systems felt clunky. Its a neat idea but the game really shows its age.

>Kill yourself and stop talking to me you waste of sp-BLAH BLAH BLAH WAH WAH WAH AAH AAH AAH OOH OOH LOOK AT ME! ME UNINTELLIGENT MONKEY
not him but remind yourself of where you are and know your fucking place before telling someone that they're a waste of space or that they should kill themselves when you are a waste as well.

Attached: sekiro lies.png (1867x481, 224K)

>Replayability boils down to personal preferences.
no it doesn't. replayability is a developmental goal planning actual reasons for the player to replay the game
sekiro has little replayability and souls has insane amounts of replayability.

too smart to find replaying easy games enjoyable. you're probably a musou barinlet or something to that effect. it makes sense since you don't even know what replayability is.

retard.

seething

>you couldn't do that in souls even if you were just replaying for story bits
What the fuck are you talking about? I can just make a savefile right before the SoC and then just choose what ending to get.
Goddamn retard holy shit

>boring getting to the demon bell
You can get the demon bell immediately after chained ogre you autistic spaz.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>not him

not nearly as hard as you are

>Nioh or Ninja Gaiden
absolutely not. The other ones you listed are contenders though

No
That title belongs to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Attached: images - 2020-02-11T133048.463.jpg (547x561, 23K)

>side quests

too boring

Dodging the argument I see

I don't really like musou games, I prefer games like ninja gaiden and bayonetta. What games do you prefer?
>no it doesn't. replayability is a developmental goal
Which can be achieved by different means because fun is more important than content.

actually seething. that wasn't even me and he has a point.

don't get so emotional over video games lol.

Based and dohvah-pilled

There are people out there STILL playing mario 64. That game has no builds, no RPG elements, no clothing, no weapons, no multiplayer, etc.

Does Sekiro have less elements that make new runs different previous runs? Sure. Though honestly, after playing souls games a lot, they don't have "Insane replayability" Souls boils down to a ranged or melee build and every melee build plays identically, just with different timing and spacing. You dodge enemy attacks till there is an opening, you attack a few times, you dodge again. Some weapons are faster, some are slower, but its all the same in the end. Its not like the movesets are such where it can radically change your playstyle.

I still played both sekiro and Souls a lot though. I've been playing sekiro boss rush for like 6 NG iterations, just because I find it fun.

>sidequests
Yes and? I can just do all of them and then savescum to get each ending
Seriously what the fuck is your point because ending related side quests are also available in sekiro

Meanwhile you're trying to dodge (and failing at it at that) attacks in sekiro and go on to Yea Forums to seethe one year after the game's release.

So install a mod that has it on from the beginning. Or is that too boring too?

Yeah sure, keep dodging the argument

Attached: IMG_20200303_013242.jpg (1080x1080, 175K)

>too boring
Holy shit what a goddamn retard, thanks for making me waste my precious time with you

It looks like you cropped out the Reddit title " after 100 Hours I finally got all achievements in sekiro"!
"Upvotes to the left please"

I like games that I can dive into, and keep in mind I'm not saying Sekiro was bad only that it offers little reason for me to replay it because the combat system, when figured out and you have all the enemy patterns down, becomes completely trivial. I want new areas to explore, stories to experience, or new items to obtain. sekiro is one and done basically.

and content is fun. stop with your arbitrary bullshit.

>There are people out there STILL playing mario 64.
yes I know some people are clinically autistic, you're one of them.

sekiro has like 1% the amount of optional content

What's the matter pussy bitch? say something lol fagt

No amount of content will help a game that is not fun to play, so no, content by itself is not fun.

Sekiro isn't a sword fighting game. It's just a action game.

>game has swords
>game has fighting
>main character uses sword
>Lots of enemies use swords
ok

>Game has a role
>you play that role
>therefore, It's an RPG
ok

>Game is Game
>Game has a role of "player" that needs filling
>You fill that role
>Therefore, all games are RPGs
ok

Based.

thanks captain obvious

refer to

>game is a RPG
>it doesn't propel rocket grenades
ok

Why don't you list your favorite games so we can judge your intelligence?

because your attempt at damage control is off-topic, you loser.

>shit you got me there

This is the last (you) you'll ever get from me, go shove a cock up your ass

Attached: IMG_20200303_015133.jpg (3925x2766, 3.88M)

>and content is fun

Ds2 probably has more sheer content than ds1 and 3 combined and its garbage that I never want to play again.

Bloodborne on the other hand has far less items and build variety but the game is actually fun to play, so I'm fine with it.

>yes I know some people are clinically autistic, you're one of them.

Honestly, to me, it seems more autistic to play the same thing over and over with mild variations and call it "Build variety".

>press L1 the game
lmao this is a great follow up to
>press circle the game
fromdrones are sure easy to distract

That's a pussy move, not a smart move.

>game is too easy
>lists things that can make it harder on subsequent playthroughs
>N-NO THAT DOESN'T COUNT

You can trivialize any game like that.
>Videogames
It's just pressing buttons on a piece of plastic.

while sekiro was amazing, and as a gigantic soulsfag, metal gear rising was way more fun

where did I say I play the same thing over and over? why are you giving me retarded arguments about shit and polished games? can you not stay on topic?

you won't get banned for saying the whole thing, nigger

>block block block block attack block block block attack
Yep, it's great.

Oh no it won't, pussy faggot bitch.

>he actually fights like this
LMAOing @ your life

As opposed to what user?

Attached: 78053368_p16.jpg (1500x1000, 1.93M)

I really didn't like it even though I wanted to. Once I learned to parry consistently the gameplay never felt like it grew beyond that and almost every enemy/boss plays out similarly because the combat's so limited. The stealth felt tacked on to the point where I was shocked that people in the run-up to release were treating it like it was a selling point. I also found the music & characters really forgettable and the camera's absolutely atrocious. The graphics are good (Fountainhead Palace and Mount Kongo in particular are gorgeous) but that's probably the only thing about it I did enjoy.

Highlights of the game for me were the Folding Screen Monkeys and the Divine Dragon because they're the only bosses who played meaningfully differently to every other enemy in the game. The giant fish in the Fountainhead Palace was also memorable I guess but it's not really a boss.

You stated that people who play a game without what you consider replayablity are autistic.

You also stated that content has a direct correlation to replayablity.

I don't think either is necessarily true.

>this bloodbrony is still ITT seething about Sekiro

kuro-sama... his pale soft skin... his dainty feet...

>it's not about fun

Attached: 1587435273.jpg (456x297, 24K)

>From software designing encounters, levels, world, and art direction
>Team Ninja doing combat and programming backend

Is this the perfect action adventure game?

low iq

That would be Metal Gear Rising.

Attached: 1575916642850.webm (720x375, 2.7M)

>finally beat genichiro after around 100 tries
you can laugh but i fucking did it

I was in the exact same boat eating the exact same peasant slop, user.
Just wait until you play the game again and beat him on your 1st try...good times.

Best part of these games, it always blows my mind how easy the bosses you die 100 times at become after you actually get gud.