Can we get a PSP and Vita game recommendations thread going? The more obscure stuff would be preferable

Can we get a PSP and Vita game recommendations thread going? The more obscure stuff would be preferable.

Attached: PS Vita.jpg (1500x691, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=De3EES85Qak
github.com/lazydevyo/PSVitaPlay
wololo.net/2018/12/22/tutorial-how-to-stream-your-psvitas-screen-to-your-pc-with-minimal-effort-you-can-play-vita-games-on-a-bigger-screen-in-minutes/
youtube.com/watch?v=fZCjmKWfTNk
youtube.com/watch?v=EFZXHo27ydA
vita.hacks.guide/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=917876815
steamcommunity.com/groups/ff-modding/discussions/7/365163686068011587/
youtube.com/watch?v=WX8ZeZJqOE0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Knights in the nightmare was a pretty cool game.

Soul Sacrifice Delta is a fucking masterpiece

Attached: Growlanser 4.png (859x1500, 2.69M)

phantasy star portable 2 infinity english patch is due this year after nearly a decade in development.

I keep getting outbid for one of these, it's annoying. I'm not spending 300 fucking bucks for a goddamn vita.

Warriors of the Lost Empire is a dungeon crawerler using the Gladiator Begins (also a fantastic game) enginre. It doesn't have the customisation of GB but as a basic hack and slash game diablo-lite it works well.

Attached: ulus-10309-game-ss-10[1].jpg (627x353, 81K)

Who is selling them for that much? I've gotten both Vita models and the TV for less than $300.

Attached: kuronavirus.png (498x496, 233K)

Burnout Dominator
Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded (All 3 original Ghosts'n Goblins games)
Coded Arms
Crush
DJMax Portable 2
Final Fantasy Type-0
Gundam Vs. NEXT+
Killzone: Liberation
Lumines
Metal Gear Acid 2
No Heroes Allowed!
Pac-Man Championship Edition
Rengoku 2
Shadow of Destiny
Space Invaders Extreme
The Red Star
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix
Ultimate Ghosts'n Goblins Kai
Yugioh Tag Force Special

Attached: brandish.jpg (960x544, 188K)

The Lost Child is like a kinda good bastard child of Soul Hackers

this was kino mad as fuck i lost my save for this

Scamazon, but they normally go for around 150 on yahoo japan for an "unused" one. I just keep losing.

highly recommend black rock shooter for psp
finished it on ppsspp a few days ago, damn shame its been forgotten

Attached: c9b8ef2cab11781d1a90e009301d45eb.jpg (3588x2034, 2.67M)

My african-american brethern
youtube.com/watch?v=De3EES85Qak

ys oath in felghana is best played on psp/vita

>Got a 256 SD for my Vita and barely have space left
>Still missing a bunch of Vita, PSP, PS1 games to download
I did not plan this very well.

Attached: ceeweebating.png (1788x542, 1.02M)

>tfw having to make do with an 8GB card
haha I hate this!

Let me guess, System Memory wasting a fuck ton of gigs? If so you probably didn't set the Allocation Unit Size to 64 kilobytes when setting up your SD card. Found out about this shit too late and had to back everything up just to reformat my card literally a few days ago myself. Was a massive pain in the ass.

Most PSP originals were unbearably shit and the only good games the console had were remakes of PS1 and SNES era games.

>System Memory
Meant System Use, oops.

Both Vanillaware games obviously
Macross Delta

Get an SD card adaptor.
Seriously, I've had no problem with it and has been more reliable for me than higher capacity official memory cards..

No I just downloaded way too many games.

Attached: gravity-rush-.jpg (640x360, 51K)

Is there anyway to cast my vita on to my monitor?

through ps4?

>Both Vanillaware games
But there's three.

Grand Knights History is an absolutely beautiful game, but it's hard to bring myself to go back and play it since the servers being closed make it feel like there's only half a game there.

Attached: grand_knights_history_artwork_10[1].jpg (375x528, 81K)

Does it work the other way around though? Vita screen to ps4, not ps4 screen to vita.

no clue desu

The vita port is complete aids

There's online? What does it add?

>Also on PS4 and Switch
Honestly had no idea. It really does have no right running as poorly as it does, though.

There's this: github.com/lazydevyo/PSVitaPlay

wololo.net/2018/12/22/tutorial-how-to-stream-your-psvitas-screen-to-your-pc-with-minimal-effort-you-can-play-vita-games-on-a-bigger-screen-in-minutes/

ff tactics

This + the undubed version

Why the undubed version?

Attached: 2020-02-22-213457.png (960x544, 679K)

Its 90's hentai dub bad.

That actually sounds based.

Not the other user but it was like a full on war campaign where you create character classes then pick an alliance with 1 nation and train them up in single player mode then send them off to online mode where they fight wars and bring back spoils. Its kind of hard to explain without explaining the gameplay first but basically a good chunk of the game relied on online, you couldn't even pick a nation without needing to connected online. So when online was shut down, most of the game's features because unplayable.

>because unplayable
became unplayable*

bump

The binding of Isaac rebirth but modded with the original sound track

Jeanne D'arc
Ridge Racers 2

For me, vita is Spelunky and Shiren the Wanderer console

Attached: 1561242112916.gif (280x280, 1.65M)

Which Vita Project Diva game is the best?

Yeah I've got a recommendation. Don't buy a PSP or Vita. Had to throw out my PSP battery last week because the damn thing was swelling up and wouldn't fit in anymore. What a waste of fucking money.

Just buy a new battery? I don't see what this has to do with the PSVita.

Soul Sacrifice Delta
Tales of Hearts R
Muramasa Rebirth+DLC
Oreshika
Killzone Mercenary

Attached: ZHP_Coversheet_Front.jpg (929x1600, 344K)

La Mulana EX is fun.

Can we just bury the vita without retards making threads and videos about how great this piece of shit is ?
Its bad , take this video for example youtube.com/watch?v=fZCjmKWfTNk Its a terrible experience playing 20fps adventure games on this dated hardware ; instead just emulate and get all your games for NoPayStation you fucking autist - you won't spend much time with it (unless ur a VN fag) since the "console" has like 10 games on it

Attached: IMG_20200223_170144.jpg (4032x3024, 3.12M)

Attached: 83f14da5dabf057904eeddc700eb55bfec13456f83e309356c718a8b4cac71e6.png (1039x1983, 1.88M)

play more video games pleb

Attached: 2268103b4c5cc9d5e203b49e8002db14f9ea1968fd0ab3481a8712e05c80c26b.jpg (1364x2966, 930K)

Not exactly a hidden gem but psp has the best version of FF4, includes the after years too and isn't that butt ugly 3d shit the ds remake had.

Also Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles just because it contains the entire SoTN game as an unlockable

Attached: screenshot_psp_final_fantasy_iv_the_complete_collection018.jpg (1024x580, 171K)

Time to download this.

just put it on ebay bro

>more than half this list are awful ports

come on you can do better

And it has the best translation of SOTN, as well

>not based on fan service
Gimmie what I need mane. Good games AND fan service.

just buy a new battery lmao

>Dragon's crown
boring beat'em up which feels outdated
>Uncharted
are you serious ? that shit looks and plays like dogshit
>Gravity rush
Even though its better port then most, its still akward as fuck to play on the vita and the graphics suck
>Killzone
Boring shooter that gets it's dick sucked because its looks ok for a mobile game from 2012, otherwise its absolutely clunky as fuck to play
>MGS
terrible controls and just a bad port all in all
>Wipeout
Probably the best game on the whole list and its still not worth playing since its repetitive as fuck and the online died a long time ago

Vita is shit and only good for emulating or better yet when used as a paperweight

Attached: 1582637064030.jpg (481x548, 48K)

Any MH game.
Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny
Guilty Gear XX AC+
Trailblazer
Battlezone
Armored Core (any of them)
Valkyria Chronicles 2
CUBE
Phantasy Star Portable 2
Undead Knights
Coded Arms
Dissidia 012
Rengoku 2: The Stairway to HEAVEN
Patapon 3
Motorstorm Arctic Edge
God Eater
Bounty Hounds
KH: BBS FM

Is there a quick guide to vita hacking? It can't be more complicated than switching hacking right?

>don't buy a system because of a faulty component you can easily replace without any tools
Sure.

learn to use a search engine faggot
youtube.com/watch?v=EFZXHo27ydA

Why are you here?

I have 2 Vitas and a PSP just sitting in a drawer. What should I do with them?

vita.hacks.guide/

You need tools to replace Vita batteries

Cum tribute vita games

expressing my feelings after getting this shit shilled to me by youtube and reddit(Yea Forums) hype men, same as the switch ; they are both terrible devices

Wait a minute... is that an actual screenshot? Did they really replace all the Amano inspired character portraits and designs with stuff like that?

Also I'm not sure I'd say that its the best version.. the 3D remake is actually pretty damn good content wise and expands things even further. The PC version may be the best variant of all, provided you get the mods that allows it to have Japanese voice/audio and some other enhancements (ie full battle FPS, old school font/window style etc). The After Years also got a 3D remake and its also on PC.

Don't get me wrong the PSP version may be the best 2D version of FFIV + TAY; I'll look into it.

just a screwdriver and that's it

Well yeah, but any retard can use a screwdriver and constantly remind themselves they're opening something that's fragile on the inside and be super slow about it. Takes like 30 minutes at most for a vita battery, literally 5 seconds for a PSP battery.

but that's great

I mostly wasn't a fan of the art style for the 3d version but I might have to give the modded PC version a shot since I never played through it, thanks

Dungeon Travelers 2-2

I'd think its worth it. Happy to help! Couple of things...

Most of the battle FPS fixes also fuck with the game / animation speed; unless its really unbearable for you its best to leave it alone - its exactly the same as how it was on the 3DS. There is one method that will do so without messing with battle speed, but I don't know if the download is still up and its not a huge deal anyway.

Here's the old school font replacement and style, if you want it. Some don't mind the port's version (which is based on the Android/iOS port's UI) but this is a bit more stylish - steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=917876815

The JP Undub mod is not in the Steam Guide section for FFIV itself (thinking of fixing that myself and writing a guide) but it is in the FF Modding Steam Group forum thread - steamcommunity.com/groups/ff-modding/discussions/7/365163686068011587/ . Enjoy!

The best game on the vita

Aka the only good original non-week shit (gravity rush and soul sacrifice were pretty good too)

Attached: 81FHYM8DHlL._AC_SX385_.jpg (385x503, 53K)

Weeb* shit

>Gravity rush
>MGS
>Port

Are you retarded?

>MGS
>not a port

Attached: 1453650677782.jpg (346x339, 32K)

Who Oreshika here

I'm retarded. I forgot about HD collection and assumed he was talking about PW as it's Psp and vita thread and he'd already called gravity rush a port.

What's wrong with HD collection anyway? That's the way I played through them. Little experience with original versions so I don't know.

Where can I get a prepatched tag force 6 english iso? I'm too goddamn lazy to patch it myself

>What's wrong with HD collection anyway?
No idea, I wasn't that other guy.

Not him but the front touch was required for switching weapons and items since Vita doesn't have R2 or L2, and backtouch was required for leaning while aiming, moving on walls, or slitting people's throats in CQC for MGS3 which you'd accidentally do all the time on accident.
Performance wise MGS2 is on par with the PS2 version and MGS3 runs better on Vita than it did on PS2.

How's Crimson Gem Saga?

I was thinking of buying and hacking a Ps vita. Is it as easy as the PSP hacking scene? I want to do it soon because their price is only gonna go up.

>ported over to PS4

Never had a PSP but I recently hacked a Vita and it's pretty easy.

vita.hacks.guide/

>What's wrong with HD collection anyway?
nothing, its one of the best "HD" ports alongside Sly

Because it's ass.
>story is all over the place, there's even a point where everything is going well (the game implies you'll pop out babies like crazy and rebuild the earth) then suddenly all your soldiers get killed for no reason, you fight a pair of masochistic siblings who want to fuck each other and then you fuck off to the moon to dodge lasers, fight nothing but what used to be minibosses back on earth and then kill a random slutty pink loli with a rabbit motif
>enemy projectiles home in on you, so dodging is pointless (either take 20% of your total health in chip damage or buff yourself and kill them before they can even attack)
>can't replay earth chapters (getting all the objectives always nets you stuff) after getting stranded on the moon, so if you missed out on good accessories or forgot to grind for health items you're SOL
>no store
>to level up skills you need to use them constantly instead of leveling them up with exp or money, except you really cant grind them properly because all the skills have cooldowns instead of using something like magic points (even the one where she just pulls a sword and leaps at the enemy has a cooldown)
>shit grafix (game came out after peace walker and the third birthday)
I bought it on release date and i still regret it.

Like the others said, use vita.hacks.guide. it had everything I needed and then some. I traded on old wii for a vita on craigslist, along with an 8gb and 32gb card, and have a 64gb sd2vita. Alon with NoPayStation you can get every vita and psp game free and easy right from sony's own servers. #yolo

Attached: Screenshot_2020-03-02-15-22-09.png (1280x720, 953K)

Do you have a ton of Vita games lined up that you'll play? A hacked PSP does about 90% of what a hacked Vita can do besides play Vita games, and most Vita games got updated ports with added bonuses on PS4 and PC.

How the fuck are people shilling an all but abandoned handheld? You braindead contrarian fuck.

Attached: Screenshot_2020-03-02-15-24-15.png (1280x720, 986K)

It's slightly more complicated, you have to make a psn account and set up essential plugins properly, you also have to spend $3 on a sd2vita and about $10 on a proprietary usb cable if you're one of the morons who bought the oled model, switch can be hacked with a piece of tinfoil and setting it up is literally drag and drop and pressing some buttons.

>see this thread
>go to turn on my vita
>blinking yellow light
>put it on a chatger for an hour
>still blinking yellow light
>won't turn on
Send help

don't forget two actual analogs the best dpad in existance and the best handheld screen
but yes the psp is still a great choice if you can get it for 30 bucks or so

I got one of these recently and the screen is tiny, can't see shit

have you played Uppers? it got a pc port recently and its translation got backported

Attached: chad.png (554x313, 512K)

>hawkers who couldn't sell them out
>people selling used hardware in bulk
i can keep going, its overhyped even in its current dead state and people who suck it's dick are lying about its qualities
>not a port
pic rel
as far as i know they where gonna make a ps3 games first and then went "oh fuck" and redid the game to be on vita (which is fundamentally different hardware structure then the cluster fuck which is the ps3)
you could have atleast googled for 3sec ; whats up with vita fags and not being able to use google ()

Attached: not a port lmao.png (1152x108, 28K)

>DC's Shenmue is a Saturn port
>PS2's Ico is a PS1 port

who are you talking to faggot ?
i was talking about gravity rush and mgs - which both are ports

understandably the guy you're replying to is a brainlet but it's affecting you now as gravity rush was originally a vita game

>Killzone
>Boring shooter that gets it's dick sucked because its looks ok for a mobile game from 2012, otherwise its absolutely clunky as fuck to play

Git Gud. The game is great and easy to control. you dont know what the fuck you're talking about. Get out of this thread.

it was designed as a PS3 game at first, later repurposed as a vita game
Are you telling me a game that begun development in 08 was fully complete only a year after the console released ?
Fuck no, they where making it as a PS3 game and then ported all the assets : dialogue, art etc. onto an engine for the vita since the PS3 had a completely different architecture
pic rel

>Gravity rush
>Even though its better port then most...
>Port

Yeah, you're just shit posting. Fuck off.

>INVISIBLE BOOGEY-MEN ARE OVERHYPING THIS DEAD HANDHELD, I BETTER PISS MY PANTS OVER IT
why cant you just let people enjoy their games?

Attached: Screenshot_2020-03-02-16-03-56.png (1280x720, 1.09M)

>why can't you just let people enjoy their games
there is a vita thread up everyday talking about how its a hidden treasure of portables, and people like me (retards) think its a worthwhile investment for some light gaming on the go - when in reality its trash that not even the japs want to use

what are the Japanese title games? I know one is Catherine full body. Are they all translated in English?

Genso Wanderer Reloaded is a Shiren-like mystery dungeon with a translation patch on Vita

Attached: 2019-12-22-233047.png (960x544, 852K)

reffer to image you dumb fuck

That doesn't make it a port. Wtf.

>OMG PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT WHAT THEY LIKE ON A BOARD FOR VIDEO GAMES!!!REEEEEE

Go make another smash thread or some shit.

Drive girls - psvita

think transformers devastation for ps3/360 & ps4/xb1... but with a weebu DLC

Attached: drive-girls-vita.png (1070x400, 648K)

You are deranged

Not him but I know Catherine got an English patch recently.

>assuming dev kits came out for the vita a year before release then the team would have had it in 2010 or later
>the game was in development since 2008
>this mean in the time between 2008-2010 it was being made as a PS3 game
>game releases less then 2 years later for the vita
Most of the dev cycle for the engine and gmae happens atleast a year after the inception so they had to have a working prototype or something more akin to a pre-alpha build on the PS3, which was later moved to the vita in early 2010
You can argue over semantics of what that means and if that means its a port but there is no hiding the fact that it was being developed for years as a PS3 title ; pic rel

maybe

Attached: cope2.png (1117x131, 37K)

So Pikmin 3 is a wii port?

The Eng dub might as well be a nodub since it only has VA for the 2 or 3 cutscenes in the game and nothing else

Cmon dude,
theres a bigger difference between PS3 and vita then Wiii and Wii U

Bought a 400gb sd. Worth it.
Holds 120 vita games.108 psp and 85psone titles. On top of that is all the must play gba, mame, nes, snes, gens, gb,gbc titles.

Why would you want 120 vita games?

Since you cant define a port as well and just making a point it was developed as a ps3 title, you havent proven shit and just moving goal posts.

You're a dumb ass.

To play.

you can delete the games you finish you know

Attached: 2018-03-14-230941.png (960x544, 780K)

>a game developed for one console which was moved onto a different architecture later in the middle of production or after most of the game was complete
This, this is what I mean by a port

I have a hacked PSP and I absolutely love it. I just worry that it's not gonna last forever. Poor thing has been chugging along since 2012.

>fan service
they say like that's inherently a bad thing, Dungeon Travelers 2 is pretty solid despite the hentai weebshit aesthetic

>stella glow background
fine taste

>tfw still play mine almost daily 8 years later
I'll miss this little nigga.

Attached: 1561596248085.png (634x483, 341K)

Why hasn't Sony ported Soul Sacrifice to the PS4 yet that game was pure kino.

Gun Gun Pixies, Monster Musume, and one I cant remember what it is. All in jap. Monster in unplayable with knowing jap but gun gun is a mildly erotic shooter

monster monpiece was released in english

>How's Crimson Gem Saga?
Its alright, pretty short and simple turn base rpg. I think the only thing rememberable about the game was that ending. Don't want to spoil it but it'll definitely leave you upset knowing that there won't be a sequel.

oh okay I must have not noticed it on nps. Thanks!

Attached: 1560301717169.gif (720x480, 397K)

>Is a dead console really so dear to you still?
SHE ISN'T DEAD! NOT TO ME!

I built a game out of Unity, followed a number of tutorials, and got it running on my vita.

Going to make a dodonpachi clone and have it where you play the game holding the vita vertically.

Attached: 20200302_175459.jpg (4032x3024, 2.9M)

Attached: 20200302_175505.jpg (4032x3024, 3.78M)

Use an Mcable on your PSTV. Difference is night and day.

Attached: mcable.jpg (2056x2324, 854K)

allot of dedication for a dead system, im currently doing some gamedev and studying it at uni - what language are you using and what framework/engine ?

Nice

>"Why yes my triggers are broken, how could you tell?"

Attached: 1552763468819.jpg (1151x1989, 373K)

This.

Unironically one of the best games to come out from that gen.

The final bits of story got me choked up a little bit, but there was clearly so much love put into that world that I'm sad we won't get to revisit it.

Inafune said to bother sony if you want a sequel.

Attached: image000000(59).jpg (2592x1944, 1.2M)

Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
Danganronpa 3: Killing Harmony
Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls

Anybody got the haps on how to decensor criminal girls 1 and 2

Yo brotha where'z ur black hand yo?

Anyone got an English patched iso of Grand Knights History they'd like to share?

Attached: 1499210510930.png (203x272, 29K)

Saya no uta is bretty good psp vn

Attached: vn.jpg (800x600, 96K)

I'm an idiot and played Danganronpa V3 Killing Harmony first when it came out on PS4 and got super immersed in the story. Then when I got the ending I regretted not having played 1 and 2. Let this be a lesson, don't be like me. Play 1, 2, then 3, it's worth it if you're into out-of-the-box storytelling and weird shit. the characters are awesome.

>Recommending Black Panther when it's not exactly English friendly without Japanese guides open, especially when you want to fight Gaia or Chaos.
I don't get it. The waypoints don't even always appear to point you to various areas, and unless you understand what you're equipping in 2 specifically your styles are going to be massively gimped because you don't know something simple like パンチ攻撃力 meaning "Punch damage". It's even worse in the first game because styles all have preset stats and combos and are meant to do specific things, but if you don't know the 武器マニア style is meant to be using crap picked up off the ground to fight you're going to see a style with really short strings and garbage damage output and not know why.

Attached: snap323.png (480x272, 135K)

>story bad
the story in all black rock shooter iterations is terrible, its focus is on qt anime girls with crazy weapons
>enemy projectiles
literally just time your dodges better or invest in skills that help with cooldown
>cant replay earth chapters
objectively wrong, you can replay everything + new missions after finishing chapter 6
>no store
git gud
>levelling up skills
is this even a feature?
>shit grafix
bruh its a psp game

Attached: 67529468_p0.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

Tearaway PS4 =/= Tearaway Vita. They have different levels, gimmicks, and even the same levels they do have are completely different in the Vita version over the PS4 version. Hell, any level that returns from the Vita either sidetracks itself to another area or expands it in some way (Like the paper airplane segment and the parting of the paper sea segment before you reach the town)

Attached: Tearaway® Unfolded_20170106010149.jpg (1920x1080, 242K)

3rd motherfucking birthday parasite eve, fanboy faggots be seething at it being the best game in the franchise by sheer power of gameplay alone, it was so good it ended the franchise.

Also Cladun and Cladun x2, both are fun.

The Idolmaster Must Songs red & blue
Muramasa Rebirth
Lumines: Electronic Symphony
the Madoka Magica game

>it was so good it ended the franchise.
Pretty sure it doesn't work like that.

The library of somebody coping with not being able to play 2-2. I know that feel well.

>Rengoku 2
My niggas.

Trillion is really good if a bit depressing.
Start with characters you like the least first.

The Idolmaster Must Songs red & blue
Muramasa Rebirth
Lumines: Electronic Symphony
Madoka Magica: The Battle Pentagram
IA/VT Colorful

I can't read the low res text

Anyone know this psp game where you’re like a superhero? U buff yourself up in this human shaped grid? The artwork is like sprites i think

>operation abyss
>brutally difficult drpg
opinion discarded

Not a port.
Different game basically.
Totally new gimmicks and new levels.

Unfolded is inferior in every way other than visually.

Vita Hotline miami is the best version easy.

Small travel sticks and the touch screen for lock on is perfect.

open in a new tab and maximize you fucking moron

Attached: Annotation 2020-03-02 203954.jpg (836x608, 183K)

Last Gaurdian is a PS2 port.

See

Reminder that the guy who did the music for VVVVVV made youtube.com/watch?v=WX8ZeZJqOE0

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines

ive played other killzone games and it was subpar compared to even the PS3 games in terms of gameplay, its sad that vita apologists cling to Killzone as a great game just because that mediocre shooter is the best thing they have on that dead console

Attached: ifunny.jpg (600x900, 83K)

been replaying it thanks to user reminding me some time back, fucking great game

Was ok but wish the others were localized/translated.

Attached: 1565057835766.jpg (640x1107, 135K)

Played the sequel anyways, can confirm that is much better in every way, even if I didn't understood jackshit about it, is partially translated at least the quests, still need to play the 3rd one.

PSP is the GOAT handheld

solid game, dude!

Attached: 1581007624923.jpg (660x983, 356K)

Literally the greatest game on the Vita and one of my favorite remakes of all time.

Attached: Adventures-of-Mana.jpg (600x338, 99K)

Maybe if it wasn't guaranteed to give you carpal tunnel.

ok boomer