Spongebob battle for bikini bottom

When does this shit come out?

Attached: 81TxrGy3nlL.jpg (1920x1080, 338K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-V_PYvHibrY
youtu.be/-V_PYvHibrY
nintendoeverything.com/spongebob-squarepants-battle-for-bikini-bottom-rehydrated-multiplayer-details-revealed/
gamespot.com/articles/e3-2019-the-simpsons-producers-and-writers-are-hea/1100-6467170/
youtube.com/watch?v=NQKfRcR1jXg
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they said "Summer 2020" at Gamescom.
but it's probably being rushed out to release alongside the new movie in May (which is before Summer even starts)

*at PaxEast last week, not Gamescom

here's slightly-updated footage of Jellyfish Fields, but Gematsu's shitty capture card made the footage over-saturated:
youtube.com/watch?v=-V_PYvHibrY

if this is releasing in the summer, they need to actually start properly advertising the game instead of this drip-feed of information. I'm not asking to see the whole game, just seeing one other level at this point would be nice.

Attached: 1479926479693.jpg (702x702, 154K)

rip, I hope they dont rush it

Seeing as it isn't a real movie tie in like the first two got, I feel like they may stagger the release to be about a month or so after it's out

soulless

Attached: file.png (42x34, 4K)

Didn't the creator of Spongebob die?

Grown ass men

other than the accidentally blown-up saturation, it looks fine. some elements of the game still clearly look rough

If the game was releasing in 2.5 months, I feel like we would've known by now.

youtu.be/-V_PYvHibrY
>that lip sync
>that running speed
>that golden spatula animation

Attached: 6al1q6c69lo01.jpg (480x360, 57K)

He did, the second he died they started milking Spongebob as much as they could.
IIRC he was against doing spin-off series and stuff like that, but that's exactly what they're doing right now.

I'm just waiting on Destroy All Humans and Darksiders 4. We don't talk about 3.

Yes in November of 2018
>the second he died
If you mean the spinoff sure but they've been milking the show for years before he passed

>running speed
Shift (a BfBB speedrunner) said the movement speed's identical.

>lip sync
Shift said that the devs are adding new individual animations for the conversations. but that looks just as automated & shitty as the conversations in the 2003 version.

Not soon enough but it looks fun. Its been a while since I have been excited for a platformer.

Back too Yea Forumsumblr with you tranny.

the increased FOV from it being widescreen makes it look slower.

They just have more poses to snap into, while their mouths awkwardly flap (like in the original). I was hoping they'd actually properly animate the conversations instead of this weird half-step.

>We don't talk about 3
redpill me on why Darksiders 3 was so bad. never played any of them

???

After the first movie the show went downhill. What happen to the show ? Why

Paul Tibbit being a terrible showrunner/director and not understanding what made SpongeBob good. He left in 2015, and the show's gotten better (that's not saying much, but still).

Attached: Paul+Tibbitt+SpongeBob+Movie+World+Premiere+0-7Bqv3XWeNl.jpg (399x600, 69K)

>the grind to unlock the movie theather
NOOO! I DONT WANNA DO IT AGAIN!!!

Shift said the developers are aware of how grindy the game can get, and are gonna reduce the number of required shiny objects.

I'm at the very least glad he stuck around and wrote several episodes for season 4 and every now and then since season 5, a lot of his are among the best ones from after the movie (with some exceptions of course)
t. Been rewatching the show from the beginning and on season 8 now

>Shift
it's nice that we have a middle-man that can actually tell us about the developers, and their intentions. It shows that PurpleLamp actually gives a shit about this game's fans

Attached: FA86_d4X_400x400.jpg (400x400, 32K)

Seeing this shit fills me with a form of distilled nostalgia like nothing else. God I hope they don't fuck it up.

I'm still going to be scared of the Rock Bottom level though

Attached: 1542411465874.png (689x540, 411K)

>I'm still going to be scared of the Rock Bottom
I hope so too. They're giving it more neon lights, but I think that'll add to the creepy factor

Attached: EOWoNtgXUAE4r9h.jpg (3780x1037, 529K)

I like how they've added the robots wrecking even more shit in Downtown. really hope that's the level we see next

Attached: EOWoNtyX4AAjanE.jpg (3780x1040, 568K)

>seeing one other level at this point would be nice.
Here's your glimpse at 2 other levels. ( )
see you in May when Nickelodeon kicks this cash-grab out the door.

god i just fucking love everything about rock bottom. was it ever explored more? ive been under a rock, and haven't really watched anything after the movie

fuck I want those socks

>was it ever explored more?
twice. pic related made a cameo in the 20th anniversary episode back in July (even Mindy made a cameo)

a 2017 episode "Out of the Picture" had Squidward visiting Rock Bottom (briefly, not for the whole episode)

Attached: MysteryNiggas.png (1920x1080, 1.65M)

>spin-off series
wait what?

Remember muppet babies, that but for sponge bob

i love the Sandy and Patrick figures, but the spongebob isnt really catching my eye.

>cant find a stream
fuck. that still doesn't sound like they really explored it but i didn't really expect them to

kimcartoon

a brief flashback scene of SpongeBob at summer camp will be in the upcoming 3rd SpongeBob movie.

that brief flashback scene is getting an entire spin-off mini series.

Attached: 1582244438518.jpg (1987x2400, 980K)

Did the confirm that they'd be redubbing lines? I'd hate to have a polished new release and then have... THAT Mr Krabs. And I know that Mermaid Man is out of the question.

it was camp coral and it was going to show spongebob in his early years in boyscout. or some shit like that. not sure if 100% cancelled or still happening in the future.

thanks i-
what the fuck? i just tried to skip to the episode in question i knew they went a weird direction, i hope this rock bottom episode is decent

Attached: 6788764.png (1667x923, 1.82M)

they're re-dubbing the German voices. the German dub in the OG 2003 version had knock-off VAs.

sadly, people at PaxEast that talked to THQNordic said it would genuinely take too much legal-work to revoice Mr. Krabs.
TLDR: a bunch of stupid voice actor "union" laws that we'll never know about.

last night Shift said both Nickelodeon and PurpleLamp *want* to, but due to VA union laws, it would require them to re-voice EVERY other english VA as well.

>it would require them to re-voice EVERY other english VA as well.
fuck, never mind then.
I can stomach not-Krabs if it means keeping everyone else's original voice clips.

>but due to VA union laws, it would require them to re-voice EVERY other english VA as well.
why are VA unions fucking retarded most of the time?

Shift needs to make a video sharing this knowledge about Krab's voice actor and the release date.

too much mindless speculation from us, when he could easily make a video that quells our over-worrying.

What new content, if any, would make this game an 11/10 for you anons? Id love Glove World personally.

Still happening. It's releasing after the 3rd movie, sometime in the summer.

>Id love Glove World personally.
They re-purposed Glove World into the Goo Lagoon pier. we really don't need it.

them adding Robot Squidward and the multiplayer mode is icing on the cake.
unlockable costumes and a photo mode would be kino.

Level editor. I dont even know how that would work but a Level Editor would be amazing.

Unlockable concept art from the original AND remake would be interesting

>All that cool merch forever locked behind a special edition
Such a shame. I'd gladly spend 60 bucks on the Sandy figure if it wasn't locked behind a 300 dollar edition with a ton of shit I don't care about

Attached: ER1_5tgWoAAQsWt.png (500x522, 459K)

I'm kinda hoping for an art book. The special editions coming with lithographs is a good sign

Didn't get to see their shit at Pax East, did we get literally anything new? Downtown footage, anything like that? How is the game looking so far?

nope, nothing new. the public got to play the 6-month old Gamescom demo.

gaming press and e-celebs got to play the slightly updated Jellyfish Fields, and the horde-multiplayer mode.

>gaming press and e-celebs got to play horde mode
lmao fuck that noise
but if videos like this from the press are starting to crop up, I'd imagine we'll see some horde-mode footage within the next week.
hopefully.

A new side-hub. Bikini Bottom goes through three different hub worlds as you progress, each ending in a boss against a mega robot. It'd be cool if there were an exclusive Rehydrated version, ending in the Robo-Squidward fight:
>Salty Spittoon and Weenie Hut Jrs.: like the second world in A Hat in Time, a large level where you can explore both buildings as well as the space between them.
>Bubble Bowl: the stadium from Band Geeks, filled with robots playing football with each other, trapped audience members, and a Sweet Victory redux after beating the level.
>Tentacle Acres: kind of like Downtown Bikini Bottom, with a large suburb, robots running rampant and terrorizing the Squidward-lites. Collect stolen Clarinets and the pieces to repair their leaf blower.
Then you fight Robo-Squidward.

is this real? holy shit i dont like this

this. I'd gladly buy the $150 edition if they replaced the socks & stickers with the keychains.

>SpongeBob wallstickers
if you place those anywhere in your house, you should be embarrassed.

Attached: 1502064610895.jpg (640x480, 55K)

Yep. That's why stephen hillenburg died, cause Viacom murdered him so they can fully milk the franchise.

>wallstickers
do they not realize wallstickers are only meant for small children's bedrooms or birthday parties? 100% of people buying these collectors editions are grown-ass men.

My little brother is 15 and he's saving up as much money as possible to get the FUN edition. Guarantee he's gonna put those wall stickers everywhere he can in his room.

oh.

Attached: 1583086696240.gif (576x324, 3.47M)

Attached: die.png (596x292, 55K)

>No playable Squidward
Dropped hard.

I think that other user is a faggot, on a fundamental level 3 is not worse then 1 but its combat and puzzles are definitely weaker than 2, 1 was very much a Zelda like game with action game combat, it worked well and was fun overall other then THE BEAMS REDIRECT THE BEAMS, 2 has a larger focus on combat and it feels great but the addition of diablo like gear did hurt the game somewhat, the best parts are the ending worlds since they are rushed so the open world parts were cut meaning it was minutes to the dungeon instead of an hour or so, also the voice acting is pretty fucking great, 3 is much more like a souls game, you go through areas with minimal puzzles and then you fight a boss, you have an estus item, you level with souls which are also money,, you have a dodge move etc. I've seen the complaint that the gameplay is too hard and strays from the originals but they patched in a classic mode with instant item using and a few other baby mode things.

>he dosent know

[picks you up by the ass and then drops you again]
nintendoeverything.com/spongebob-squarepants-battle-for-bikini-bottom-rehydrated-multiplayer-details-revealed/

FUCK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1478130397918.png (340x277, 114K)

I'm not happy until they remake this kino

Attached: file.png (800x1121, 2.13M)

Cant wait until its shown mutiplayer krabs is clancy while in the main game he's still the replacement lol

>Squidward is playable

Attached: 1578196437896m.jpg (768x1024, 76K)

May 24th

>and the release date.
I should clarify: Shift should make a video saying the game isn't coming out in May. I don't see how that's not obvious.

this is one of THQNoridc's biggest games and they know it. That would be like Nintendo announcing the release date for a Mario game 2 months before it releases.

i fucking hope not.

b-based optimist... this game's coming in May, god fucking dammit.

best time line is THQ Nortic making more licensed kino after this
>TFW we will never get a Destroy all humans styled Zim game due to nick not seeing profitability in vidya other then cash ins.

I doubt they would have much of a say if Nickelodeon execs came over and demanded them to release in time for the movie, I'm not holding my breath for a delay

Is it wrong to like this game? The costumes were pretty cool and some of the locations were pretty sick.

Attached: 1A3D55F1-2A9F-40E1-BCAB-3710B5CFA60C.png (220x280, 157K)

Threadly information dump
>Game revealed in June 2019, nothing more than a teaser trailer
>Gameplay first shown in the game's pre-alpha state at Gamescom August 2019, Jellyfish Fields mostly complete
>New screenshots posted in October 2019, concept art of Downtown and Rock Bottom shown, playable Patrick, and retooled Jellyfish Fields. Alongside this is the announcement of two special versions of the game (Shiny and F.U.N., priced at $150 and $300 respectively. Base game is $30.)
>SHiFT playtesting video in November 2019; SHiFT played Downtown, Goo Lagoon, Poseidome, Mermalair, Rock Bottom, Sand Mountain, Dutchman's Graveyard; all other levels unfinished or not started at this point (8/12; Industrial Park, Kelp Forest, Spongebob's Dream and Chum Bucket Lab missing). More mechanical additions; cancelling moves, better camera, more tutorials, faster bosses
>PAX East press demo in February 2020 snooping by RidersDX revealed Horde Mode having Squidward, Plankton, and Krabs as playable characters, Robot Squidward part of mode, Horde mode described as "better Plankton's Robotic Revenge", robots are bulkier in the mode
>PAX East footage also shown the same month; shows non-sunset Jellyfish Fields and cutscene animations, better animations and movement for Spongebob. NOT the same as the Pre-Alpha demo shown at Gamescom, much more likely close to final release.
>Next few weeks will have Horde Mode footage fully revealed; game slated for Summer 2020 release.
Should I make an infographic for all of this?
I've said it before but the game having a short development cycle isn't necessarily bad. Keep in mind that they're pretty much porting the environments and other resources 1:1 and simply working over them.

Attached: ss_ad3e72d02fc4270906e605ad4df02189843a68d2.jpg (1920x1080, 869K)

It has some soul but the game is just too badly designed and unpolished

zoomshit fuck off

>Coming into a thread you don't like to complain
Autism.

retard faggot

You need to be 18 to post here

Now we wait for Spongeludo

Attached: image.png (1440x1080, 2.31M)

can't wait to cum on both socks

>play as female character

Night of 100 Frights remake when?

Im hoping for a remake of creature from the krusty krab as well

literally all of the german voice actors for the show got changed in later seasons or died. The only remaining characters who have their old voices left are Spongebob, Mr. Krabs and Sandy.

Based.

Destroy All Humans remake
SpongeBob Bikini Bottom remake
You know hit and run is gonna happen

Attached: ps2_simpsons_hit_and_run-110214.jpg (640x908, 108K)

yes. this game creeped me out as a child. It has the eeireness of an N64 game, and not in a good way.

I'll never forget last year at E3, when everyone wanted Groening's E3 panel to have a reveal for a Hit & Run remake.
gamespot.com/articles/e3-2019-the-simpsons-producers-and-writers-are-hea/1100-6467170/

but nope, more shitty mobile games.

the chaddest of chads remember this game:
youtube.com/watch?v=NQKfRcR1jXg

Attached: ezgif-7-d8bff3919bf7.png (1020x765, 933K)

That tooth genuinely aggravates me, it reminds me of how they turned Patrick and the other characters into insufferable stupid assholes in the post-movie seasons

>spongebob acts childish, to the point where it bugs fans
>let's make him a little kid lol

Attached: The_Angler_of_Rock_Bottom.jpg (512x384, 24K)

literally pic related

Attached: sitcom.png (460x742, 280K)

>the music is just slightly offset on the left & right channels, with a guitar strum added in.
what a shitty way of trying to make it sound like surround-sound music.
people have found that the sound files in Truth or Square have the original surround-sound audio of these tracks. I doubt they'll add it in tho.

I forgot that game just reused BfBB's soundtrack. Hopefully they use those music tracks then. (the Rock Bottom music track actually has sounds travel from left to right)

>I doubt they'll add it in tho.
they won't. especially because people found out they used Youtube rips of the music for the Gamescom demo.

>especially because people found out they used Youtube rips of the music for the Gamescom demo.
Source?
First time I'm hearing about any audio issues with this game.

people in the BfBB (2003) Discord

Attached: The3_BfBB_Discords.png (65x170, 17K)