Only 5 NPCs

>only 5 NPCs
>4 person party instead of 6
>only 6 classes
>origin characters are also tied to a class so you can't customize them

Is this a joke?

Attached: d64c9aa69447b496ef35f680febc5dc55d1b8719.jpg (936x639, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/LarAtLarian/status/1233431915274870784
instagram.com/sannanm/
idiscepolidellamanticora.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/tsr2010-players-handbook.pdf
pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Anevia_Tirabade
baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Lilarcor
vg247.com/2020/02/27/baldurs-gate-3-romance-all-companions/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>5th edition forgotten realms
>whatever rules
>"is this a joke?"
A bad one. Retard will buy it due to brand recognition tho.

Its a quick cashgrab on to use the brandname. Only resettrannies will defend this.

To be fair, they no choice in which edition to use, but yeah, Larian is just being typical Larian.

At least do the blizzard thing you lazy fuck
Buy because liked DOS

It might even be a good game, but using BG is a pure marketing move, the game is barely related to the first one. And mostly due IP ownership.

See above. Game can be good, but calling it BG3 is a cheap move to fool retards into being "le hyped". If their game is good they could use a new name/brand. Again, I don't really know if is Larian's fault or WotC pushing the name.

In two years, Yea Forums will pretend it always loved this game.

>At least do the blizzard thing
???

>It might even be a good game, but using BG is a pure marketing move, the game is barely related to the first one. And mostly due IP ownership.
Agreed. The game migh turn out okay eventually but it's Baldur's Gate in name only. It looks more like Divinity: Original Sin.

Based Gary Gygax played Baldur's Gate 1 (RTWP) before any Larianiggers ever existed, and liked it.

They said they'd be adding more classes, races, and NPCs before the full release, though - the demo stuff is just the Early Access release list.

The "full" class list will be 8 classes, not much of an improvement.

>brand recognition
I'll be playing because now i can give a shit about what's happening in Larian games. Also a rule system in the background that is more interesting to play with.

good, cant wait to play :)

Attached: fakju.png (400x394, 132K)

just buy the dlc bro

I wonder if they decided ''Eh, paladin/barbarian is basically just a fighter with extra steps''

It really kinda is though
why can't you roleplay a fighter that gets mad or is religious/oath bounded?

>leaked screenshot literally showing more than 4 party members in battle

OH NO NO NO

Paladins get cleric spells and alot of other buffs as long as they follow their deities instructions. Barbarians also get speed buffs, extra attacks, and barbarian rage. Fighters are a pretty generic warrior without much specialization compared to the other two

>as long as they follow their deities instructions.
Not anymore, son.

The best part of BG was going around collecting companions, getting their quest done and dumping them in the inn/bar.
will they deliver that or no?

What? Elaborate.

in 5e you don't need to be loyal to a god anymore for your paladin powers to be activated
It's based on your belief and own faith now. So you just believe really hard in something, specifically a cause, and boom - paladin powers.

also forgot to mention it doesn't have to be religious as well. And that the power is your own, not from a deity.

Not him but since 4th Paladins just learn to "tap" and manipulate divine power, so once they master that (see: lvl 1, lol) they can do whatever they want, like raping orphans of kicking puppies with the power granted by the Lawful Good deities. But hey, is totally the same game, you haters!

anything after 3.5 was a mistake

and they don't need to be lawful good, they can be any alignment now. Chaotic Evil paladin that isn't fallen or a blackguard? You can do that.

Is this series a meme? Just installed BG1:EE.

Attached: 32b811764375639831f1fb2ca3519c91a0220f656c139162ced8814d86fe93f0_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.j (639x361, 31K)

That's retarded, this is just True Faith from VTM. Except it makes no sense in this setting where Gods are so present.

Isn't this shitshow closer to Neverwinter Nights than Baldur's Gate?

4 character party is a real kick in a dick
On top of that they are still using the abhorrent divinity party management system which means you can't just click on character portrait and make him move without detaching him from the party first

Attached: 1559202445901.jpg (517x541, 23K)

I don't into tabletop RPGs but couldn't anyone with a Chaotic Evil alignment accurate be described as a "blackguard"? Or is it a term that means something specific?

But this works in 3rd edition too. You don't need to follow any particular deity. A guy in my group used to worship the mountain his tribe lived in.

Which classes are they cutting?

They *can*
but the most common though of it now is basically evil paladin. So i'm just going with that instead of being specific about it.

In D&D, blackguard is a prestige class for fallen paladins. I never played one but from what I remember it's somewhat hard to become a blackguard ingame as well.

It's larian, whatever they do it's already better than bioshit

*common thought of it

I wont have to pretend, this game is going to be great

>is this an out of seasons april fools joke
yeah sequels are shit, but at least it gets made by a competent studio. the best of a shitty world.
and anyone interested in crpg knows what they're getting.

i was very much surprised to see they showed gameplay. It looks like shit, nothing like i would hope for a BG3. Way to kill any hype in the bud. better than the alternative i guess, but still, what the hell

>4

Attached: _id1582798476_1406098.jpg (1920x1080, 296K)

the sneak animations look like that retarded bioware earthquake animation, you know the one. honestly disgusts me a little bit to see it

Nah. Just a straight group, no options. And you'll be forced to take everyone.

>literally naming a main companion Shadowheart
>with a straight fucking face

You should probably expect 12 year old fanfiction quality writing for the rest of the game, too.

boy i'm looking forward to one year of endless shitty BG threads
might as well filter "BG3" and "Larianiggers" to save myself the trouble

i'd accept it...MAYBE if they were a drow

>It's based on your belief and own faith now.
This is fucking stupid. That's just the Pillars of Eternity Paladin.

Right now the confirmed classes are:
Fighter - Battle Master, Eldritch Knight
Wizard - Evocation, Abjuration
Rogue - Arcane Trickster, Thief
Ranger - Hunter, Beast Master
Cleric - Life, Light, Trickery
Warlock - Fiend, Great One

I assume they're going to add Druid and Paladin as the last 2.

i'm...pretty sure it wasn't based off of pillars of eternity
but I don't blame your dislike for it

>when cucks were defending Larian doing this DOS:BG3 mentioning the cancelled The Black Hound as some sort of... argument in favor
>sawyer speaks the truth (again)
classic

Brutal.

DnD is supposed to be grounded, why the fuck is there a guy jumping up on the rafters?

Lmao BTFO.

I don't mind the idea in Pillars, it's a different setting and the gods are radically different in nature as part of the plot, but this is D&D. Paladins should be lawful good holy warriors. There's a already a class for edgy paladins (anti-paladin and blackguard) as wells as a prestige class that can be of any alighnment (divine champion). Let the classic Paladin be a fucking Paladin. This is more on WotC than Larian, however.

the real reason larian is making a carbon copy of divinity 2 is because that's their ONLY successful game after decades of making trash RPGs.

They're incapable of making anything better, and they know it.

>implying there anything wrong with keeping on making great games

Forcing innovation is how how end up as bioware or bethesda.

There wouldn't be anything wrong with it, if they were calling it divinity os 3 or someshit.

The BG name is a pathetic cash grab, and it couldn't be more obvious.

Why would Larian pursue the IP for years if it's only a cash grab? They're obviously passionate about the series.

retard, the IP has been legendary for years and would have been easy money for them. they were struggling horribly before OS1 because so many of their games bombed.

Not him, but if they're so passionate about why did they slap the name Baldur's Gate 3 on a Divinity game? If you're going to make a proper sequel to an established series you need to make sure it looks and feels like the previous games.

Well they were pretty far along with making DOS3 when they got the offer to make BG3 instead. Should they just throw all that work away?

do they want to give proper respect to their supposed favorite legendary ip, or do they want to be lazy copy pasting hacks?

No, they should finish D:OS3 and make a real Baldur's Gate 3. If they can't handle it they should have let some other studio do it.

This looks like absolute dogshit. Why do so many retards like this ugly crap?

>only 5 npcs
npcs can die or permanently leave your party, we 100% know there is going to be more than 5
>6 classes
8 in early access and more until release

OP straight up lying for memed outrage

Attached: E8854EDC-BD8D-41C6-A216-D1FE7637AF99.jpg (768x1024, 92K)

>Classes will be cut
>Keeps Ranger

Wow it really is like 5e

Are you a beam dog dev?
Just make your own games, not everything is about the brand.

BGEE was a 'cash grab' because you did minimal work and got the original remove from the stores. It was unethical, cheap, and disrespectful.

Larian will make a full game, and a decent one.

They're passionate but they gotta eat too.

they're probably poor kids who have grown up gobbling down modern low effort turds of games

>Let the classic Paladin be a fucking Paladin
Is the current edition, sweetie.

>decent
that's not good enough for baldur's gate 3, faggoo.

>they gotta eat too
So you admit it's just a cash grab. Thanks.

>you'll get more DLC classes and NPCs bro

Fuck you, zoomer.

>not everything is about the brand
>only connection of BG3 with previous games is the brand
welp

>it's another let's pretend im a fan of BG thread
I remember all the threads we had last year discussing the games. Good times huh.

>Larian will make a full game, and a decent one.
Yeah, and all you gotta do is wait for the complete definitive enhanced edition to get all of the classes and NPCs

Attached: 1582056233116.jpg (496x496, 134K)

kill yourself threadshitter, the only DLC there is for the divinity games is the soundtrack and a fucking meme squirrel.

The only reason divinity is even known is because it has coop. I bet you my ass and left ball that without coop it would sell like 20% of what it sold.

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST CRITICIZE MY LARIANINOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT MY DIVINITY ORIGINAL SINNOOOOOS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>I wouldn't hate it if only it had a different title.
>It's not a bad game, it's a bad [franchise] game.
Absolute brainlet.

Attached: 1583057541486.png (762x988, 853K)

I called you out on your bullshit lies and thats all you have to offer? pathetic

Attached: 1570007464314.jpg (1125x1184, 756K)

All the screenshots keep showing a 5 person party

Attached: uzigugfv.png (599x308, 35K)

Why the fuck are they cutting so many classes if they're just incorporating dnd rules straight into the game?

Not all of them, but you're right.
Could be a plot thing, or maybe user has been mad about something he were completely wrong about again. Like the time user thought AC was out because of something Swen said in an interview once, or thinking the game didn't have classes, or that you couldn't make a custom character, or that there would be a rtwp toggle, or that loot would be randomized, or that there'd be no spells per day and infinite rest, or that there'd be action points like in OS2, or a hundred other things.

Attached: 1-1080.dfc91fa2.jpg (1920x1080, 509K)

Maybe that's just what'll be ready for EA. Who knows.

ah, so you would expect a third game in the series to look, feel and play similarly to its predecessors? Silly gooses

Attached: todd.jpg (719x719, 68K)

Quick cash grab not else

But there was already a new game that played similarly to its predecessors and was poorly received, Siege of Dragonspear. Therefore the logical conclusion is that fans want something new.

Attached: 5251792886_f38fb34060.jpg (321x267, 30K)

Because they aren't, the rules aren't DnD it's Divinity OS rules with a D20 system slapped on top and using DnD spell names.

Sounds like the perfect game.

I cant wait

Divinity never had classes user

but it was an expansion, not a game

Its funny how the argument is that RTWP is easy or devolves into a shitshow and casual ass turn-based is somehow this deep epic hard to understand system while these turds struggled their ass off with RTWP. Don't get me wrong there have been some deep great tactical turnbased games but absolutely zero of them had a Divinity style system. DIVOS2 was pure casual bait pandering to the likes of consoleplebs and streamers. Every stream that played Kingmaker turned on the turn-based mode to get through any of the difficult bossfights and most casuals did too.
>inb4 D&D is turn-based
Non-argument and only unimaginative homos think that watching someone read a book is the true movie adaption experience.
Larian games are boring as fuck.
Maybe 5e needs a casual ass turn-bases system like the one Larian provides with DOS games. Doesn't change the fact that RTWP is the best implementation of D&D.

What lies, you moron? All of that is true.

>only 5 NPCs
What?
Yeah that one is kinda ass
>only 6 classes
They already said there will be more.
Only retards play Origin characters anyway.

>BG gets raped by Beamdog
>BG gets raped by Larian and turned into early access

Baldur's Gate franchise is like an ancient statue that was once a marvel to behold and had meaning to people but now is nothing but a forgotten crackled and mossy piece of ancient stone getting pissed on by some drunk peasant on his way home.

i-is this a tentacle? i'm feeling a bit loony

Larian already said the party is 4-person, brainlets.

>the fact that RTWP is the best implementation of D&D
Unfactual. The best implementation is scientifically proven to be Temple of Elemental Evil.

>NOOOO MY CHILDHOOD IS LITERALLY RAPED

Attached: 1565199113479.png (785x1000, 261K)

>What?
There will be only 5 NPCs at launch. More may be added later.

>They already said there will be more.
There are only 6 currently, 2 more at launch. Still very shallow compared to, say, Neverwinter Nights 2 or Pathfinder.

>Only retards play Origin characters anyway.
Except in D:OS2 you were locked out of experience and content if you didn't play Larian's characters.

NOOOOOOOO NOT AGAINNNN THEY CANT MAKE IT TURN BASED BROOOOOOSSSS

Attached: 1580978600518.png (596x1008, 92K)

>(discounting followers)
What does this mean though?

>here will be only 5 NPCs at launch
Do you mean companions you mouthbreather?
>Except in D:OS2 you were locked out of experience and content if you didn't play Larian's characters.
It was a negligible amount of story, who cares? You can see the vast majority and most important part by just having them as companions. And Larian could easily have changed this too, maybe you get the extra 2% regardless now.

Probably non-companion NPCs and summons.

Nobody is talking about turn-based, retard.

I'm fine with 5, especially with summons on top of that. But yeah, 4 sucks.

In BG3 you lock yourself out of content with origin characters because dialog options and content are locked behind class/race/background. Origin characters are class-locked. You'll never see all content in one playthrough.

Cope

Companions are still NPCs, faggot.

Judging by DoS2, summons/mission specific followers

RTWP toddlers BTFO

Attached: 1507566963407.webm (1440x810, 2.84M)

8 classes, not 6, are confirmed, with more coming during early access

There are more origin stories coming during early access aswell. And considering that your party members can leave you, the game needs more than than 5 characters anyway.

Attached: nigger.png (355x38, 24K)

Post body.

I want Satania to step on my dick and NTR me.

There are 6 classes that we know, and 2 more coming. Still fucking shallow.
>Just wait for the DLC bro
No.

Post face and one bicep

Beast master is going to be mandatory since I feel like 4 man party is too small.

early access isn't DLC user. How boomer are you?

It ain't about hard or easy. Turns make it transparent when actions are made. Rtwp is a mess of pressing the spacebar so you don't miss the window to make your move and be punished for it. Turns are cleaner to operate with so you'll always end up performing better.

I just hope I get to be a necromancer bros...

I would argue that both are accurate, friend. It's a shame we will never get something as grand as ToEE though. It's not casual enough.

Not posting face. Your turn.

Attached: 1.jpg (718x613, 92K)

just pick an evil cleric

We really missed out on The Black Hound, the real BG3.

Source on that? Custom characters felt like third wheels in DoS2

Boomer enough to remember when Baldur's Gate was good.

and it will be 80gb

Lmao what a fag

5e fucking sucks dick.
with that said, somebody give me a quick rundown on 5e

If no bard that's a huge bummer. Bards were heavily represented as NPCs in BG.

>Drop Paladin and Barbarian
>But keep Ranger and Warlock

Attached: 1455745389067.jpg (500x700, 64K)

Cope.

>It's not about easy
>*describes how it's easier
Ok retard. If you stick around these threads long enough enough RTWP break down the mental barriers that TBfags put up and they all admit that it's frustrating for them and they can't navigate it properly without everything stopping and forcing everything to go 1 at a time. Shit, you already did it unprovoked. I don't even care which is more difficult though. I care which one is more fun and better suited to who I imagine a TT battle playing out. DOS is boring as fuck with zero depth and only brainlets got a kick out of it because of my color full explosions and shitty electrifying gimimicks.

Based larian niggers btfo.

No paladin no buy. Simple as.

Attached: 1583090179128.jpg (1920x2435, 955K)

No I called him a fag so hes done

When are they going to start banning these wojack retards

This.

It's going to be "fun with friends" just like the Divinity OS games
They have no other redeeming qualities

Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous is our game, user.

Stay upset it represents you

Stop being dense. It's like a well designed UI and a badly one. Same information just disposed differently for you to navigate. Off course you're more efficient with the well designed one. I played my share of games and being rtwp didn't stop me from finishing them. It ain't about difficulty.

Not him but how is RTwP having more depth when DivOS2 gives you a fucking ton of combat options and is one of the only few RPGs/games outside of immersive sims like Dishonored or Prey that encourage you to think outside of the box to solve a puzzle?

Fuck that. All of my friends and I have jobs and wives/gfs. Nobody has time to play more than a couple of hours and coordinating a multiplayer session is a nightmare.

Should have just called it Baldur's Gate: instead of naming it after a sequel.

It is but Baldur's Gate not having a paladin would be a spit in the face.

Not him but, D:OS2 combat's was braindead. Just make a two-handed build with a few spells and wreck everything.

Don't have the link anymore, it was some interview. The general gist was that origin characters still have their backgrounds and unique interactions, but there's also many interactions tied to race, class, background. Since origin characters are locked to their class, they won't have access to certain race/class/background options that only a custom character would have access to. They specifically said they recognized that OS2 had this issue of origin characters feeling a bit mandatory, and wanted to address that in BG3, so it's likely that there will be plenty of interactions for custom characters. Origin characters are just there if you want to play their personal story.

Everything about BG3 has been a spit in the face. From the visual style, to the companions, classes, combat, etc. Nothing about this is Baldur's Gate in any way.

>only 5 NPCs
There'll be more which is good since you can go on a killing spree. I only care if they'll add halfling girl companion with a possibility of romancing her, I need it.

Probably due to turn-based combat. With 6 people you'd probably be able to finish combat on your first turn.

>only 6 classes
Already confirmed there'll be more. But again with 4 people party you'd hardly try a lot of them.

How else can they write any kind of personal story for them then. They are normal companions only you can choose to play as one or create your own MC however you wish.

I just hope Larian won't repeat the same mistake it did with both DOSes and completely squander last part of the game.

Attached: 93a94bee4ae7aee4ea0dbf86a9f61491.png (610x664, 348K)

Nu-paladins are gay as shit anyway so even if you got them, they'd not be the same.

That's more of a balancing issue that every single RPG suffers from just like how Dark Souls has straightsword spam. But the core concept of the combat is still unique in itself and very few games are able to implement it. Not even AAA games with all their budgets allow for scripts that let your turn someone to ice by freezing him after he gets drenched in water.

All I'm getting from this is that a custom protagonist will be literally who and have nothing to do with the actual story the way the Bhaalspawn did in the originals.

It's hilarious that all the vocal Larianfags have now completely buggered off out of these threads.

Attached: avatar.jpg (210x330, 50K)

Div Os is fake depth, you have tons of “options” but very few actually are worth using and they’re immediately obvious.

>DnD is supposed to be grounded

Attached: 1565755634350.png (499x338, 38K)

>Probably due to turn-based combat. With 6 people you'd probably be able to finish combat on your first turn.
Fuck turn based trannoid combat desu

Isn't 5e too easy with large parties? I have the feeling 2e was much more toned down and that in 5e all classes have too strong of a synergy working together to allow for large groups

That doesnt even make sense for you to deduce that. There can be an overarching story ontop of what's said there, smooth brain

The environmental puzzels were fun, at first anyway, but that's not enough to call a combat system good. Dragon Age Origins did years before Divinity: Original Sin was released.

Going from DoS2 as a reference, the origin stories will just enable personal side quests for them. That's all it is.

>very few actually are worth using
What? Every skill class was perfectly usable in DOS1 and only Necromancy was iffy in DOS2.

If I was given a choice between making a 5e game or nothing, I'd do nothing.

But you won't be a significant part of it, mouth breather. You're just a random guy who happens to get a parasite in his brain. Not like the original BG where the big bad targets you from the start because you're his brother and a rival.

Edition has nothing to do with that, more party members will always result in a stronger group.

>when you want Release the Beast but you get Robot Rock

Attached: 1557418492848s.jpg (125x120, 2K)

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Stop going to conclusions about stuff we know nothing about.

eh, I dunno
D:OS2 with some of the most retarded shit like exponential leveling and the whole magic/physical armor negating anything being pushed out by d&d seems pretty good, but I would still expect a bit more from a sequel to a motherfucking Baldur's fucking Gate

Attached: dunno.png (560x407, 13K)

If youve played OS2 you'll know that at best origin characters just get a bit more nonconsequential dialog responses and a special mission to end their 1 questline, while playing as any other character has a generic questline for you helping them.
The ending however depending on what route you take is almost all similar.

>vee'll be useenk 4 party memburss instead of 6 becoss we hef chosen an objectively inferior battle system so we can reel in consoleplebs!

Baldur's Divinity 3 in a nutshell

We won anyway

Attached: zghjrftzguj.png (670x321, 176K)

We're still here and this game will sell millions just like OS2. Eat shit.

If the companions can be the MC that means that any custom character will be loosely connected to the story at best. Think about it. Would Minsc work as the protagonist in BG? No. Would Jaheira? No. I guess Imoen would, but that's it.

This. And now they must cope, they have no choice

Don't fucking pretend to be a boomer, i bet you haven't even played the original BG

They weren't desgined with consoles in mind, so this is a non-argument.

6 classes is the only bit I am worried about, unless the list of spells surpasses OS2 it might get real stale

*tips*

You protagonist was customizable. By your logic every single protag someone played as wasnt the 'chosen one', only yours. If they decided to go that route of a special protag, it would simply be whoever you chose

Fuck off, Larian dog. I played the trilogy 15 years ago.

Neither was divinity original sin, your point?

>You protagonist was customizable.
But you were always the child of Bhaal, grew up in Candlekeep, and were raised by Gorion.

Or do it like how they did OS2. The main plot and the character specific plot were completely detached from one another except for Lohse who can affect one of the endings. Meaning if you're some vampire faggot trying to slay your master, none of that would matter if the main plot is about wanting to kill Cthulhu. You resolve that shit in your own quest chain.

Larianbros win again, and I'm sick of pretending we're not.

No need to be defensive when you know you've already won. Angry people are loud. We have no reason to be angry.
Hell, I'll enjoy the next Pathfinder game too since it also has turn based combat, and there's even more coming up after that. Meanwhile the pathfinder general keeps seething about bg3 every now and then even though no one asked.

Lie more, you fucking zoomer.

>in 5e you don't need to be loyal to a god anymore for your paladin powers to be activated

Nigga that's always how it's been. Paladin's were dudes that were so hype on doing good that it gave them super powers.

Attached: 1540186294876.jpg (1035x913, 416K)

here is a full thread of RtWPfags getting bullied, now its their turn user

U into fatassed shortstacks?

instagram.com/sannanm/

>no skill bloat, something that gets cut out of videogames anyway
>all classes viable, even the worst class in the game is good enough to be relevant and have its place in the group
>reduced number of feats, you no longer need to go through an infinite chain of small bonuses feats to get what you want

Like wrestling with pigs. You win by getting filthy.

>only necromancy was iffy
How utterly lame.

>Nigga that's always how it's been

Attached: 1523006866921.png (500x500, 7K)

Yes and not everyones enjoyment comes from navigating a UI because it's easier. That is pretty much all Turn-Based is. A fucking menu.

Can't wait my Lichdom simulator game in a couple of years.

5e is balanced around parties of four.

I know its strange but there can be new adventures in the same city.

>8 in early access

Just for this it deserves to burn.

>generic warrior without much specialization
Nigger, you fucking what? Their archetypes are insanely versatile.

Then you go with

>early access isn't DLC user

I can't believe that I lived to see Yea Forums defend early access content.

Like their last two games that were great? Cry more retard

idiscepolidellamanticora.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/tsr2010-players-handbook.pdf

Find me the part where the paladin needs to serve a god

>babies needing their hand held think they are bullying anyone but themselves when they prove it time and time again.

Attached: 1543595871152.jpg (428x280, 138K)

DnD being balanced around anything always is and always will be a meme. DMs who play EXACTLY by the book and who never customize stat blocks or make encounters have mechanics or non-combat interactions during encounters are fucking hacks and brainless. It being "balanced" only exists for retards with no ability to think for themselves and come up with interesting combat that isn't just Dice Sim 2020
>there are people who will get mad at this post
First, thanks for the (You), second, you're a fucking retard.

>once they master that (see: lvl 1, lol) they can do whatever they want, like raping orphans of kicking puppies with the power granted by the Lawful Good deities
That's not how it works in 5e. They swear an oath that has very specific tenets and they lose their powers if they break the oath.
Not all of the oaths are "good" though.

Fuck you fifth edition is actually the best form of the game

I plan on playing BG3 just like I play all Larian games. I play and enjoy the first area of the game, then quickly become bored soon after getting to the next.

>It looks like shit, nothing like i would hope for a BG3
Then your hopes must be pretty fucking retarded because this looks better than BG ever was.

I don't think anyone could say that it being a complete reskin of dos2 is abnormal if they did this. It would still be a bit of a cash grab but at least it wouldn't be so utterly shameless.

I wish they added Barb and Sorc, but you're right, they will probably add Paladin and Druid.

Fuck Larian/WoTC for including literal meme classes like Warlock and Ranger.

I just hope they add dragonborn at least, so I can make a Dragon paladin.

This is too true

5e is poop
>positioning mechanics optional
>dashing isn't straight lines
>can fire ranged weapons and magic through ally tiles
It's gay and lame

These threads have made me want to play the divinity games, just not the OS games.

Based.
Still, you will always have a better game with fewer players. This don't necessary mean anything for a computer game of course.

I really tried to like DOS 1, but after doing everything in and around that big city I lost interest and uninstalled it

>fifth edition is actually the best form of the game

Attached: 1513208914506.png (666x554, 287K)

So is every version of D&D, but BG was still 6.

>positioning mechanics optional
You can choose to invalidate most mechanics in the game, yes.
>dashing isn't straight lines
What?
>can fire ranged weapons and magic through ally tiles
Read the book, nigger

Literally zero people that enjoy RPGs thought the Baldurs Gate saga was bad. Only Mass Effect loving zombies would say something as gay as this.

and the big city area was the only good one t.b.h
sidequests, exploring, doing stuff in your own order
and then you venture forward and each area is more of a corridor filled with enemies and nothing else than the previous one

>muh positioning
The fact they did away with buff stacking by the very simple and elegant addition of concentration is itself enough to make it better than previous editions.

The rest isn't worth doing
I fell for the "it gets good later" meme and beat the whole thing but honestly it's all downhill after the first act
And the first act wasn't that good to begin with

>your rogue can do a non magical stab that has an extra effect
>for some reason you can only do it three times a day

Shit like this with no in universe reasoning is a deal breaker for me. At least magical abilities have the implication of energy being drained.

Looks like a good game. I was disappointed when Larian said they were going to make Baldur’s Gate 3, as BG is shit and always has been and only nostalgiafags claim otherwise but this looks like it could actually be good.

That's just like saying Kingmaker doesn't use Pathfinder rules because some spells and effects are changed/adapted.

If anything BG3 is closer to the source system than the other BG ever were.

I'm not even entirely unopposed to this as long as I can have a 6 man party and my bard can sing and fight at the same time.

4 is the average party size of the tabletop game, and generally offers the best experience, i've had games of 6 players and its a fucking mess.

in terms of how easy/hard things are, its going to be harder to balance for more players, but given the nature of the game the DM has everything they need to challenge any group of players, they're literally god of the world your playing in and they hold all the cards.

Without balance games can't have proper challenges.

>Literally zero people that enjoy RPGs thought the Baldurs Gate saga was bad.
Someone pull out those old ass message board posts

Someone with horrible taste likes DOS. Who knew? You're retardation is showing though and I would keep these invalid opinions between you and your special ed teacher.

Attached: bgassapin.png (638x204, 25K)

I am playing Divinity Original Sin 2 right at this very moment. And I am really enjoying it. Really am, no joke.
But. This whole armour system is almost absolutely retarded. Like it works pretty well in a vacuum I feel like. Having armour block status effects and protecting from harm etc, but when you have 3 mages tearing up shit, and then you have a physical attacker that can't do shit because when the mages blew away the magic armour turn 1, the lone physical attacker just deals damage to the physical armour alone and ultimately dealing no damage.

Baldur's gate had fun challenges because it wasn't balanced.

Did you not play BG1? All the characters in it were “quirky” tropes. Minsc is Reddit incarnate and people here even like him

>4 is the average party size of the tabletop game, and generally offers the best experience, i've had games of 6 players and its a fucking mess.

Newsflash retard- This is a videogames with NPCs, not 6 people.

Play the superior DOS 1 instead.

Attached: bg3asspain1.png (638x364, 29K)

The first one was pretty fucking generic and lame and the 2e ruleset didn't do the rest of the Infinity engine games any favors.
Neverwinter Nights would have been great if you could have an actual party and Neverwinter Nights 2 was actually miles better than BG. Any claims to the contrary are based entirely on nostalgia.

>even the original creator of D&D loved it
No one cares what people with bad taste have to say, user.

>NPCs
You can control them so they might as well be players. You don't even know what NPC means.

>Noooooooooooooo
beardyboy.png

Attached: bg3asspain2.png (638x239, 28K)

>expecting Game 3 to look feel and play like Game 1 and Game 2 is unjustified and silly

Attached: whspurdo.jpg (184x184, 10K)

I will after I am done with this game.

>Literally zero people that enjoy RPGs thought the Baldurs Gate saga was bad.
Hello!

It could still be a Baldur's Gate game, but it should not be Baldur's Gate 3 in particular. That's just ridiculous.

Then explain why EotB have parties of 6.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 32K)

>You can control them so they might as well be players. You don't even know what NPC means.

You're so fucking retarded you should just fucking kill yourself.

1 player managing 6 NPCs is drastically different from 6 players all talk and playing seperately.

PnP becomes more of a mess because there are more PEOPLE that need to talk, roleplay, think about what they should do, etc.
This isn't the case with NPCs.

No don't even think about replying because it's 100% guranteed to be something irrelevant and braindead. You're wrong and a fucking idiot. Now fuck off.

I though DOS was okay, just with awful writing. Not quite as bad as Biowareshit, mind you. BG already had shit tier writing so I’ll have to hold out for gameplay

EOTB was 4 man EOTB2 was 6man but I see your point.

>hurrr a durr a durr
Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 were DND games, they weren't original IPs. It makes perfect sense that BG3 would follow the current DND edition, just like BG1 and 2 did back in the day. Duh

While i will always think all Larian games are utter dogshit, i just cant wrap my brains around what actually made them think that making BG3 turn based will be a good idea.
I mean, come on!
I know modern gamers are braindead low IQ morons, but do you really cant manage more than 1 thing going on at the screen at a time, at the speed of 1 action per minute?

Are you kids fucking drugged out of your minds the entire day and cant handle some micromanagement?
Turns? it not a fucking mobile game, fuck off with that shit, or go play tabletoop with your other nerd friends in the basement.

Attached: nfvndfgh345df.gif (235x120, 1.54M)

>Nooooooooooo! Not the heckin RTWP!

The only shit thing about Larian/WoTC trying to milk the BG brand with BG3 is that we are forced to play in the least interesting setting of D&D. They should have created a new series using Eberron or Darksun.

>It makes perfect sense that BG3 would follow the current DND edition

What doesn't make sense is that it's a copypaste of a completely different game, DOS2.

>EOTB was 4 man
You start with 4, then you can get 2 more, user. I'll tell you to play it, but isn't a good game.

t. Hasn’t played tabletop

BG 2 was still 2nd edition when D&D had moved on to 3. It was following the game, not the tabletop

Baldur 1 and 2 were RPG games that were using some DND mechanics, thats it.
Words cant describe how much nobody gives a flying fuck about what edition of some nerd gay shit is currently around.
BG i BG, this larian autistic diarrhea doesnt deserve the title.

Larian can't write compelling or interesting stories for shit so it's not like the setting would matter

This a thoughtless and low quality post that falls on it's face to anyone with a 2 firing braincells.

Attached: 1459821214738.gif (266x268, 1.07M)

a gigantic portion of BG 1 and 2 players never touched DND and have no idea and couldnt care less what DND is.

>Turns? it not a fucking mobile game, fuck off with that shit
>Zoomer Gaymer thinks BG invented CRPGs and doesn't know most CRPGs before BG used turns and RTwP was just made to attract casuals that like action RPG, MMO and RTS mechanics (i.e. people that shouldn't really be playing CRPGs).

>NOOOOOOOO YOU CANT PUT A 3 AT THE ENDDDD

What do you think "NPC" means?

Oh shit you're right. It's been forever since i've played it. I just remember only make a 4man party at the beginning.

That's fucking retarded. 3e was released in 2000, BG2 was released in september 2000. This means that development of the game happened when 2e was the main edition.

I have played various PnP and tons of boardgames, mongoloid.

You didnt counter my point at all.

BG3 is way more similar to DOS2 (because they basically copypasted it) than it is to BG1&2. This is clearly not strange and non-sensical at all.

Stop pretending this is D&D5E.

This is Divinity x D&D. This is a game where you can fling boxes around like they are weightless without any strength checks. This is a game where you DIP YOUR BOW IN FIRE and you get a 'fire arrow buff' from it.

This is D&D for retarded kiddinity Larianiggers. Stop operating this illusion that this is 'the D&D game that was promised'. It's a glorified Original Sin 3.

Attached: 1582236430054.jpg (990x990, 113K)

>Baldur 1 and 2 were RPG games that were using some DND mechanics, thats it.
LMAO no. It literally takes place in Forgotten Realms. It literally uses every stat, ability, class from DND.
BG is a DND game whether you like it or not.

>no counter argument and instead says something retarded
Bravo, you sack of cum.

nothing wrong with forgotten realms tho

>you can fling boxes around like they are weightless without any strength checks
But there are strength checks to move objects in DOS.

A lot of them used real time. A lot of them were complete shit. Whats your point. RTWP was basically reinventing the wheel with how D&D combat was interpreted from TT to PC.

>Yea Forums hates larian now
Lmaoo this board is so gay and retarded

I'm going to call it OS + D&D now user

Attached: cde.jpg (550x544, 82K)

It shouldn’t be similar to BG, it should be similar to DnD.

Seems is WotC the ones pushing the brand. And people would be less anal if they called the game "Baldurs Gate: Whatever of the Whatever Whatever" instead of pretending is a sequel to BG2.

So basically you're a fucking retard who played the game without knowing what it's based on and now you think it should be divorced from it's source material because of that.

>abloo abloo abloo zoomer hoomer loomer poomer yoomer uoomer eoomer woomer

Attached: 1581810302635.png (736x736, 457K)

Which is why BG3 will be great. Now Larian can ditch their system and use the dnd ruleset.

No seriously, what do you think it means?
Because the way you use that term makes no fucking sense.

>now
People thought the marriage stuff in DC was funny. It's not like they were ever beloved here.

Attached: Peter surprised.gif (469x347, 200K)

>It literally takes place in Forgotten Realms.

ill put a Bugatti sticker on my VW, it will totally magically make it a Veyron.

>It shouldn’t be similar to BG, it should be similar to DnD.

Ah yes, makes perfect sense.
The third numbered entry in a series shouldn't be similar to the two numbered entries before it.
Thank you for saying something incredibly intelligent and insightful. Truly your parents must be so proud of having such a mentally handicapped child such as yourself.

It should be but it isn't and is actually less like DD than BG is.

Neo/v/ is full of trannies. They need RTWP so they can pause when they need to dilate

BG was a dungeons and dragons game. It was a game made by and for dungeons and dragons nerds who wanted a video game of their favorite pen and paper role playing game

Are there people that really, unironically enjoy Larian games?
.....but, why?
These have to be the most atrociously written, boring excuses of RPG games i have ever seen.

Attached: 52634615_175825990059927_8865213936652255232_n.jpg (717x960, 88K)

I want to punch her in the face so bad bros

As opposed to a turn based game where it's always paused?

Attached: 14515148651914.jpg (326x236, 42K)

Attached: 1533491506496.jpg (640x640, 52K)

Yes. BG is a DND property.

>baldurs gate shouldnt be similar to baldurs gate, lets do the complete opposite of the first two games
>because?
>reasons

Attached: 67955987_1938014459632064_42010246746304675bbhf.jpg (750x476, 19K)

it's a continuation of the bg1 and 2 story somehow otherwise they'd just do that

Turn based is a much better combat system. As a disabled person I just can't play rtwp because it's too hectic and frustrating. Thank you for making a game for the disabled rpg fans in the world Larian.

Yea Forums really got its panties in a bunch when people started criticising Larian and their dumbass pseudo-RPG games.
It took the destruction of the Baldurs Gate franchise to finally admit it, but better later than never.

Attached: gjfgj456hf46.gif (244x200, 399K)

Same, but with my dick

>trying to argue semantics because he has no counter argument

Player Character. As in the character the player plays as and created.
Notice how it doesn't say "player controlled character".
The Non Player Character is one that you didn't make, but can still control (or not).

A summon is for example an NPC you control. Or are you telling me that's a Play Character because you think Player Character exclusively means that it's every single character or element a player controls?

No, scratch that. Don't bother answering since it's irrelevant and you've already moved enough goalposts as is. Won't bother reading your next shitpost.

Because the mechanics are good.

How? You literally can't continue the story where it left off. Not only was it about as final as it could be, all the NPCs already got their happilyish ever after endings

Attached: 1582875285578.jpg (1231x641, 144K)

There is a difference between changes made due to engine limitations and "fuck you we're changing it". The definitive advantage of having a turn based system is you can mimic the tabletop as closely as possible and yet PF is closer to its source material than Div OS is.

>BG3 is the complete opposite of BG2
God you fags whine.
I saw Age of Empires become a browser game. Legacy of Kain a multiplayer arena shooter.
Kill yourself, BG3 is fine.

mechanics like what? theres literally nothing to show for in these games.

>Yea Forums is chock-full of plebbit casuals claiming that Baldurs Gate was never good and praising Larian endlessly for their casual bait game
Who the fuck knew!!!!

Attached: 1234.gif (500x210, 485K)

Every version of D&D is "balanced" around the archetypal party of four characters which includes a fighter, rogue, wizard and cleric. It has been this way since at least AD&D 2e if not earlier. But D&D as a whole is designed to work with any number of players assuming the DM understands the rules. So basically the fact that Larian can only do 4 person parties means they know they don't understand the rules well enough to balance it for larger parties. So in other words, they shouldn't be making this game.

You kind of can't. Not without staying true to 2 and 1.

Keyword: 5th edition.

what fucking imbecile at wotc looked at the story/writing in the divinity games and thought 'gee these guys are perfect for baldur's gate 3'

So you're saying BG3 should be vastly different from BG1 and 2.

In a similar vein, you're saying that sequels should not be similar at all to the games that game before it. So the next Mario Kart should be a sim racing game since that's closer to what driving a real car is like, which is your made up idea of that the original games were.
Ah yes, your stupidity shows no bounds oh retarded one.

>drags up turn based like a gigantic deranged retard

Attached: 1-1396450579-20.gif (277x300, 1005K)

They don't give a shit about the writing it's solely a cash grab.

>Big name crpg with most popular "crpg" gameplay

>As a disabled person I just can't play rtwp because it's too hectic and frustrating.
just pause the game nigga

They looked at the gameplay. Personally I think firaxis would be better suited but whatever
Is the main writer even from Larian or did they get a WOTC guy to work on it?

Do you seriously think that wotc's current writing is good?

Not even the same guy you were arguing with earlier, it just struck me as ungodly stupid that you said
>1 player managing 6 NPCs
Because at the very least 1 of those is the actual player character, possibly more depending on if the game allows you to create additional characters.

Same reason why EA makes all the star wars games now, gross income with no other considerations

>wotc
>taking decisions based on anything but how much money they can squeeze out of it

>what fucking imbecile at wotc looked at the story/writing in the divinity games and thought 'gee these guys are perfect for baldur's gate 3'

Considering they chose the BG books to be canon, seems like they're after the shittiest writers possible.

Attached: 1325615855473.png (640x464, 273K)

>So you're saying BG3 should be vastly different from BG1 and 2.
Yes if only just because so much time passed since BG2 that it's the right thing to do. BG1 and 2 used their current DND editions, BG3 should do the same. If DnD that changed, BG must change too.
Also WoW was a great Warcraft sequel, well at least until a few xpacs in where they butchered everything.

Tons of elemental and environmental interactions that lead to much more open ended problem solving than in most RPGs.

>Yes
Oh good, so you truly are retarded. Glad we cleared that up and no one needs to read the rest of your drivel ever again.

You might be right. It could be a really good combination gameplay-wise, but they still have to come up with the story and I haven't seen any evidence that they can put together a narrative that isn't, at best, mediocre.

keep crying faggot

What the fuck ever happened to just making a game and letting it be broken or made more difficult by merit of the player's decisions? There is no reason that I should not be "allowed" to destroy some 50 hour RPG in 9 hours by exploiting mechanics and min-maxing shit. There is also no reason that I should not be "allowed" to make the game an absolute slog and tough as nails by purposely making a party that has a lot of weaknesses and little synergy with each other. This whole idea that someone needs to balance shit or handhold is just ridiculous. Let me play the game how I want to. Stop removing and adding features for the sake of trying to meet an average.

I like that turn-based is always paused though. I don't have enough dexterity to hit pause. It's difficult to understand what the auto-pause does for me, too. I just prefer turn-based as it's much more suited for disabled people, like myself.

I may be, but at least a lot of people seem to agree with me.

>actually playing video games
They just checked which studio made a good selling RPG and hired them.

>So basically the fact that Larian can only do 4 person parties means they know they don't understand the rules well enough to balance it for larger parties
It doesn't mean that at all. A line has to be drawn somewhere and 4 being the officially suggested number makes sense to draw it there.

>DND is supposed to be grounded

You're about 20 years late, user.

holy christ you are stupid

Which is shallow as fuck and doesn't rely on having to build actual good skills/spells for classes. I mean, they added "pinning shot" to this game. Thats like an entire fucking spell from a wizard that you can just cast every round while doing damage. lol That is completely fucking lame and uninspired.

>but at least a lot of people seem to agree with me.
This is already the sign of a gigantic retard that values the ignorant masses "opinions" of facts and sound reasoning.

Now don't you have some witches to burn because your cow's milk is a little sour or some scientist to murder because they said that the earth wasn't flat.

That the saddest part, its like BMW buying Ferrari, promising us the spiritual successor to the Enzo, and during the reveal they show us a BMW 5 series with a Ferrari sticker on the hood.

Attached: 52782449_2250462791858658_6173358280694300672_n.jpg (552x368, 12K)

explin this

>hurr durr false flagging is so clever and witty

Attached: 1411748250197s.jpg (250x250, 8K)

>The "full" class list will be 8 classes, not much of an improvement.
Give me an interview or official source that says 8 classes is the full number

So far the only source I've heard is "many pages" say this and "just trust me bro"

Attached: 9df70df8.jpg (640x640, 52K)

I dunno user, but I am assuming Bhaal has something to do with it otherwise there's no real difference in brand between calling it BG3 and BG: Whatever

Me, a larianbro, smugly chuckling as I realize and understand that me and all fellow larianbros have won.

Attached: 1559177092652.png (225x227, 119K)

If there's going to be such a small companion pool I really hope they turn up the party banter. Unfortunately, since they're doing coop and likely are going to treat the companions and other players, it'll be minimal. I saw the one screenshot series with Shadowheart and the FAS gobbo arguing, I hope there's a lot more to it.

Yeah, i hope they tone it down a bit on the wacky side. Maybe they could try and adapt some book. But they also never wrote anything that isn't related to the Divinity franchise.

No that's exactly how Divinity 2 worked

Didn’t Neverwinter knights do the same thing?

>Which is shallow as fuck and doesn't rely on having to build actual good skills/spells for classes.
Dude what? It has much more depth than spells doing simple damage, buffs and debuffs. D&D could use more environmental interaction in it's spell list.

It's an average. You see, on a given day, a rogue can do between 1 and 10 stabby stabs. Sometimes it doesn't quite hit the target, sometimes it does. So to simplify the RNG they picked the median number of times that a rogue is able to execute his super stab in a day, and that's the number of times you can do it.

In football for example, if a midfielders can shoot perfect crosses between 1 and 10 times a match, with a median of 3, you could make it so a player in a video game is able to shoot a perfect cross 3 times.

Please tell me it's not gonna have limits to pick pocketing like DOS2.

>implying he's wrong

>mfw pillars of eternity 3 will never happen but we're gonna be flooded with larian shit for years to come

Attached: 1580150368501.jpg (437x431, 21K)

I don't see anything wrong with that, no sir

Attached: tdd2.png (398x384, 143K)

Is Ranger actually popular? People say it is but I never seen anyone actually play it outside of 4e where it's both the biggest dickest damage class and the newbie braindead autoattack class.

>your rogue can do a non magical stab that has an extra effect
wut? What ability are you referring to?

Ah yes. It's so deep and inspiring to just add these conveniently placed exploding barrels around the battle field. Where in the fuck does this ever happen? Who just leaves barrels of water and grease laying around? Nah dude. It's lame and just a stop-gap for lazy devs.

Underrail 2 is pretty much guaranteed at this point so I'm ok with that. Let Larian release their trash.

>Is Ranger actually popular?
In 5e? No. It's bottom tier.

One of my RL friends love rangers and he have been a dead weight since AD&D.

>pillars of eternity 3
Disgusting

Attached: 1568319513787.jpg (800x450, 173K)

The most questionable decision that Larian has made, I never see anyone talk about. Why the fuck are they releasing it unfinished as early access? It can't possibly be for money, since word or mouth about an unfinished game can't possibly be as good as a finished one. They must have enough money to hire some QA testers by now.

>BG1 and 2 used their current DND editions, BG3 should do the same.
I actually fully agree, and I have nothing against the game running with 5E rules.
But it should still be done in a Baldur's Gate style, or else there was no point in it being fucking Baldur's Gate. Not a numbered title anyway.

They could have easily made a non-BG D&D game.
It could have been a non BG3, BG game.
It could have been DoS3.

But no. It's BG3. Because of course it is.
And people valiantly defend it, and shits on everyone who actually expected Baldur's Gate 3 to actually be like Baldur's Gate.
Something is wrong with Baldur's Gate 3 is more closely similar to DoS than it is BG, where games like Kingmaker and Pillars are more similar to BG than Baldur's Gate 3, or DoS for that matter, and none of them are even Baldur's Gate, but Baldur's Gate 3 is. Or it's meant to be anyway.
It has got no excuses not being like Baldur's Gate. If it's not, then it should not be called what it's called. And I say that as someone who genuinely like the DoS games.
I loved Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance too by the way, but at the very least that game didn't fancy calling itself Baldur's Gate 3.

Why do people take such issue with people having an issue with Baldur's Gate 3 being called Baldur's Gate 3?
Yes I legitimately do think Baldur's Gate 3 is going to be a great game. Yeah, come at me haters. But it absolutely should not be called Baldur's Gate 3. The critique is absolutely warranted.

Why didn't you buy their game?

Attached: 1280px-Obsidian_Entertainment.svg.png (1280x301, 58K)

Lalalala Larian! Get fucked videogame enthusiasts! This is what you get!

It's a big sales boost. The moment where a game gets the most sales is at release. With early access you have to big sales boosts instead of one.

Because they released TB too late

Did you even play the fucking game? Stuff like that is rarely "conveniently" placed.
If you want to get mileage out of world objects you have to either move that shit into position before you start the fight or do some clever positioning in action.

What's wrong with 4e?

They did the same with Divinity 2.

A decent question actually. Off the success of OS1, they got lots of advertising simply through word of mouth of players, so they did the same with OS2 and it worked out very nicely for them. Going into bg3 I wouldn't think it was necessary, but who knows

Everything

Half the powers are centered around pushing your opponents a number of tiles away.

I did though....

By your logic BG2 shouldn't have been called BG either.

>Baldur’s Gate 3 will launch in Early Access with five companions to begin with, with more coming later. Throughout the main campaign, all companions are open to romance from all other characters, and senior writer Adam Smith is looking to create more complex relationships, with the help of Dungeons & Dragons lore to mess with the players’ heart strings.

>“So, Liselle, she’s the Githyanki. And Githyanki don’t really do monogamy,” Smith told VG247.

>“So if you sleep with Liselle one night at camp, the next night you might well just find her sleeping with somebody else. And she’s going to be like, ‘oh, that was a bit of fun, wasn’t it? How are you doing?’ And you’re just like, ‘oh!’ Heartbroken!”

baldur's gate? more like baldur's cuck

Attached: Adam-Smith-senior-writer-768x1024.jpg (768x1024, 107K)

Is a mix of board game and Korean MMORPG with a D&D paint coat.

Because obsidian is shit

Not really. But it is the quintessential "archer" class of D&D which makes its early inclusion make more sense

In a party based game hes the least micro heavy character, the guy who just stands in place and shoots

How can you believe owlcat's trolls? BG3 will be good.

>implyiing that is difficult in the slightest when it's all turn based
Yup, just some ACID barrels laying around here. We're just going to hang around these ACID barrels and oh shit why are they exploding!!! NOOOOOOOOO. Who could have foreseen such a disastrous out-come!!! Dammit!
Nah, games are trash and uninspired.

It's extended playtesting. No amount of internal QA can compare to the feedback they get from a huge number of people playing around with the actual mechanics at length.

Based. Fuck Belgium.

>cuckshit
>good

why did i move here? i guess it was the cuckshit

>Baldur’s Gate 3 will launch in Early Access with five companions to begin with, with more coming later. Throughout the main campaign, all companions are open to romance from all other characters, and senior writer Adam Smith is looking to create more complex relationships, with the help of Dungeons & Dragons lore to mess with the players’ heart strings.
>“So, Liselle, she’s the Githyanki. And Githyanki don’t really do monogamy,” Smith told VG247.
>“So if you sleep with Liselle one night at camp, the next night you might well just find her sleeping with somebody else. And she’s going to be like, ‘oh, that was a bit of fun, wasn’t it? How are you doing?’ And you’re just like, ‘oh!’ Heartbroken!”

Attached: EQ1o1moWkAMQe5a.jpg (1200x900, 149K)

?
>Same cast of characters and continuation of the charnames quest to the point that you import your save.
Why do you have to be such a retard, user?

based cuckposter

And the next pathfinder game has a literal tranny as your companion

You are implying there will not be a continuation of the story. You have no facts to back that up.

>not having barrels full of ACID and gunpowder all over your house/castle/lair/dungeon
What a faggot!

What does being turn based have to do with anything here? Doing the same shit in rtwp wouldn't be any more "difficult".
And you just called them trash and uninspired without reason or comparison. Do tell, what do you think is an "inspired" combat system?

>trannies
>cuckshit
the ABSOLUTE STATE of western games lmao

Every elf in 5e is genderfluid

>By your logic BG2 shouldn't have been called BG either.
Fucking how? You can literally carry your save data over from BG to BG2 and it's a direct continuation of the game, with updates to the ruleset and content to reflect updates to actual D&D, but otherwise it played it exactly the same and the mechanics were adapted in the same fashion.

Make note of how this is not what BG3 is doing. At all. If it was then BG3 would literally just be BG2 but with 5E rules and content.

[citation needed]

We were never going to get a continuation of a story that was wrapped up 20 years ago so they could have at least made it resemble the original 2 games. At least IN-Exile made Bards Tale IV in the same vain as the original trilogy. This shit has nothing in common. That's a fact. It's a cash grab whether you like the original games or only like DOS games. It's pretty fucking lame.

Based.

Baseder.

Ah, I didn't realize they did that. It makes more sense to me for them to do that for an original IP, as they don't get the disappointed players of an established series when they inevitably change things.

>PoE3 after PoE 2: woke edition
Dude, PoE:WM is cRPG of the decade for me, but fuck Obsidian for that sequel

Because as long as you have the initiative roll you can just pop those barrels over the enemy without having them move an inch. It's dumb as fuck bro. Just don't reply to me if you're going to remove all honesty and logic from your fan-boy posting.

Wait, is really that bad? I have it on my backlog.

white March really was amazing I can't fault you there

I found Deadfire to be quite fun after hearing everyone shit on it for months. Maybe the lowered expectations did it

All these talk about crpg made me buy Pillars.
I'm between going Druid or Paladin.

It's not worse than PoE1 aside from the ship combat.

>Because as long as you have the initiative roll you can just pop those barrels over the enemy without having them move an inch
So? In rtwp games you could just pop them in front of the braindead AI's obvious path.
And I'm still waiting for you to enlighten me on what combat system you think is "inspired".

>will release as early access
>so I either play an unfinished mess and burn out out on the game when it's but a candle compared to what it'll ultimately be
>or I hold off on the game and have everything spoiled to me by the internet
Fucking why? Why early access? Aren't you fucking WotC backed on this? Don't you have sponsors?
I hate this.

it looks like divinity original sin 1 and 2 so i like it :)

it's not that bad unless the thought of a gay romance option scares you

>bullying
>2020

I found deadfire to be overall better than the first game, visuals during fights were much clearer. The only problem is that it was ridiculously easy.

pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Anevia_Tirabade

One of the women writing the game was cheering on twitter how epic it was to be writing a literal tranny

Same here, but I hate that it's called Baldur's Gate 3.

Could be NPCs who join up temporarily.
Or is the fifth always one of the characters they showed off?

>implying

Get some fucking self control. They did the same with DivOS2 and I wasn't spoiled on anything because I just avoided the threads until the game came out.

There are no exploding barrels in any RTWP game because you have fucking casters expelling their resources for that. AND it's more of a challenge since you need to position not only the casters but the tanks AND the spell in order not to nuke your whole party. TOEE was good. Larian shit is trash. Larian DD is going to be DOS2 BG with all the same lame uninspried combat as DOS1 and 2. Exploding gunpowder barrels and all. Why even have a fucking mage when every weapon has "skills" that do exactly what mage spells do? I guess that wouldn't be "cool" or "fun" to larianiggers.

Remember when this was a curse?

Attached: untitled.jpg (884x653, 196K)

Normally I would agree with you about having self control. But this is Baldur's Gate, I've been looking forward to a sequel too long to wait even longer when it's playable. It's definitely still on me when I do that, but I still don't agree with the decision to make it early access.

>There are no exploding barrels in any RTWP game
Skull Trap in BG can serve the same functionality.

>because I just avoided the threads
Yeah if only that was enough. It's not.
I even employ filters to automatically delete threads, google hits, and youtube results, that include any number of things related to what I am trying to avoid, and I still manage to come across some fag spoiling it anyway.

Either you go offline completely, or you run a high risk of being spoiled. It's not exactly an issue of self control.

i'm about to start divinity os2 in tactician, is summoner a good choice? I want to try playing the game blind but i would like to avoid getting stuck because my initial choise doesn't work later

The drow all have silly names filled with z's r's or x's in forgotten realms

person party instead of 6
Not really a a rule. I've played plenty of campaigns with four person parties. It simple enough to get a fairly well-balanced party with only four characters. It works out pretty well, even in 6-person party pc games. In turn-based, especially in pnp, it means less time spent in combat because you don't have to manage more characters. In some ways it makes certain aspects of 6-person party games a little easier since your characters level faster.
>>only 6 classes
That is gay as fuck. Maybe since this is alpha and adding classes outside of some special abilities requires maybe an hour or two of symbol manipulation there might be hope that more classes will be included.
>>only 5 NPCs
>>origin characters are also tied to a class so you can't customize them
Custom parties with custom characters were always the best way to play these types games if you have the option to do so. It lets you build characters that don't have retarded dumps like constitution dumps on wizards (or any character at all). It might be better to have less NPC's with personalities in some ways if that meant they'd be better written. Though probably not because it's Larian. Expect nothing but generic characters with generic dialogue in a generic story in a generic setting. In that case, you really want to avoid the characters they make. The dev-made characters tend to be poorly rolled most of the time, so its better to avoid them outright unless they're well written (not going to be the case here).

The only thing I can think of that might be nice is that the combat system for DOS2 is pretty nice in spit of how cringe and generic the other aspects of the game were. If they sped up animations and allowed for combat speed sliders in the settings instead of forcing you using cheat engine to speedhack the game so you don't have to spend 90% of the game time watch movement animations get carried out, it could be quite nice.

Which is neat since only 1 class can set it. Not everyone. I'm talking DOS here not the new BG. Everyone had a fire spell to set off barrels. Everyone had telekenisis to move shit. Every battle played the same and was slow.

Is tactician the default difficulty?
I started playing this week and i almost regret not playing on the easier. Every fucking enemy has an AoE that hit my entire party multiple times until i get my turn. It's almost comical see it happening at every fight.

Druid is really fun in PoE imo, Paladin is made with the MC in mind though so.

Remember when this was a joke?

Attached: Edwina quest.png (904x694, 83K)

>Everyone had a fire spell to set off barrels.
Not really unless you specced into Pyro (which isn't a good dip if you're not committing to it) or if you were a marksman to use fire arrows.
>Telekinesis
Literally nobody puts points into this.
>Every battle played the same
This is the most incorrect statement ever made in the history of mankind.

This is the kind of shit the average 5E DM allows, though.

What a retarded rant
>There are no exploding barrels in any RTWP game because you have fucking casters expelling their resources for that.
And this is better because..? World objects are not an infinite resource either.
>AND it's more of a challenge since you need to position not only the casters but the tanks AND the spell in order not to nuke your whole party.
The only difference between Larian games and the typical rtwp RPG here is that in Larian games the enemies will actually sometimes go for your backline instead of focusing exclusively whichever character was closest when combat started.
>TOEE was good.
Yes, it was.
>Larian shit is trash.
So you claim with nothing to back it up.
>Larian DD is going to be DOS2 BG
And that's a good thing.
>with all the same lame uninspried combat
There's that word you keep using for no good reason.
>Exploding gunpowder barrels and all.
And that's a good thing.
>Why even have a fucking mage when every weapon has "skills" that do exactly what mage spells do?
For a larger arsenal obviously. And it's not like previous DnD games didn't also have items that can cast spells or just fucking spell scrolls for that matter.

Just give it a rest already. You're obviously just trying to justify your nostalgia-induced butthurt.

>is summoner a good choice?
Summoners in DoS3 are amazing. And get a pyromancy and or geomancy wizard friend and you'll be even better.

And yeah. Tactician is pretty much the non easymode choice. Just don't accidentally pick the "honour" ironman option unless that's what you actually want to do.

BG3 looks great but shouldn't be called BG3.

>in Larian games the enemies will actually sometimes go for your backline
Actually, in BG some enemies try to chase after weaker party members if they're close enough, but that's just even more exploitable as you can kite them endlessly while your ranged attackers kill them.

i don't think it is but usually i prefer to play on the hardest difficulty, i don't really mind getting stuck in one part of the game as long as i don't have to restart the story because i bricked my character
thanks for the info, i'll start as a summoner then

>level 1 bow casts single target web
You can gloss over all of this in your distilled cancer brain but it wont change the fact that this is a pretty big loss for anyone that is a fan of baldurs gate and D&D in general.

Protip, put your totems on blood for extra bleeding damage.

It's not even casting the spell. It's just applying the effect automatically on hit which is the hit percentages are bloated to fuck.

>turn based
>enviromental combo autism
>4 man party
Yep, it's totally not Original Sin 3

Attached: 1539229778806.jpg (1123x1200, 176K)

That was unironically fun as fuck.

At least DOS2 had far better fights than any RTWP game

Especially fagfire and cuckmaker

>it's a continuation of the bg1 and 2 story somehow

How if Baldurs Gate 3 plays 100 years after Baldurs Gate 1 and its not following the canon of the games?
Its following the canon of the the books and some faggots Bhaalspawn OC.

>fagfire
>cuckmaker

here's your baldur's gate 3 bro

I bought NWN for the switch and it doesn’t translate well to consoles

>githyanki are blight that should be purged
In other news, water is wet.

Nah, it's just your typical wrpg: a Tolkien rippoff.

Sounds like you're not familiar with bg writing.

Attached: bgwriting.jpg (974x388, 74K)

So, if they're so much better, why did they need to co-opt a staple RTWP brand again?

>McDonald's makes the best hamburgers because they sell the most of them.
Inb4 food analogy.
Just because people consume more of 1 thing over another doesn't mean it's objectively better or FIFA would be the best video game ever made.
That's because it's not turnbased. Consoleplebs amount for half of the divos sales and then these peasants try to dictate how a Crpg should be played.

And 5e sucks.

Actually you got BTFO
"Followers" are not party members

>t... that's what githyanki are like
>conveniently ignoring it was fucking larian cuck devs decision to insert cuckshit
b... based swen

NOOOOOOOOOOO OBSIDIBROS! THEY EXPOSED US!

Attached: 1563503623167.png (454x520, 13K)

>"oh that's right, i completely forgot there was baldur's 3 gameplay"
>scroll through 1 hour of gameplay presentation
>it looks exactly like divinity original sin 2
>fuckton of races but just 6 classes
>those shitty dialogue cameras with clunky animations
>this slow ass combat

Attached: i duno.gif (444x250, 1.79M)

So you post that Pic to disprove your own argument?

Attached: 2EVxWd7.png (385x367, 67K)

>BG is shit and always has been and only nostalgiafags claim otherwise
>BG2 is the highest rated PC RPGs of all time according to metascore

Larianiggers are pathetic.

>itt
>LITERALLY ITT
>people are praising pillars of eternity and shitting on larian

Lmaooooooo cracka ass little bitches baka

>anti bg3 fags are now lying to make others mad about the game

cringe

Except they implemented things from 3e, like the Barbarian and Sorc, so they knew about 3e when they were developing it.

>lying
>direct quotes from the cuck devs

If that's what you consider good writing then don't worry, lariat will deliver. Theirs is as good as that. Or this
baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Lilarcor

>metascore

Attached: atlasanza.jpg (600x576, 117K)

So, we aren't allowed to like this game now?
I don't want to go against the Yea Forums hivemind.

>Yea Forums hates larian now
>now

Yea Forums has been shitting on Larian since D:OS when everyone saw the abysmal writing and piss easy combat.

and the cuckshit

They needed jrpg-tier writing for their jrpg-tier nu-D&D. Both write lazily and use "epic" elements in every campaign as a substitute to good plot. Gone are your dungeons, bandit kings and liches. Kill a god after devil after angel.

Attached: descent.jpg (1557x2000, 306K)

No. NWN had a lot of races and classes at launch and added more with expansions.

>the cuckfag is actually this obsessed because he got cucked

You don't have to fuck the gremlin thing, dumb comer

found the newfag summerfag

I'm talking about the OP, moron. Stop spamming your shitty fucking pasta too. It's been posted 4 fucking times in this thread ALONE.

>You don't have to fuck the gremlin thing, dumb comer
again conveniently ignoring larian CHOSE to fucking add this cuckshit in the game hahahaha what a fucking use of time and budget lmao adding cuckshit HAHAHAHAHA YOU STUPID FUCKING FAGGOT

Zoomer detected. BG2 was praised for it's stragetic combat and magic duels.

>Stop spamming your shitty fucking pasta too. It's been posted 4 fucking times in this thread ALONE.
>noooooo you can't post direct quotes from the larian cuck devs noooooo SWEN HELP ME
hahahahaha

>again conveniently ignoring larian CHOSE to fucking add this cuckshit in the game
They weren't the first, herdalis and aerie exist in bg2.

>found the newfag summerfag

Did you look in a mirror? The original Divinity was pulled because the creator was butthurt that people were laughing at his shit writing 20 years ago.

I want to give pillars 1 a second chance now that you mentioned it.

>bg2
>fuck khalid's wife
>viconia stays loyal
>aerie choose you over the faggot tiefling

>bg3
>random cuckshit camp event from lizard goblina

B... BASED SWEN

Same goes for user score, retard. BG2 is one of the most beloved games by both fans and critics.

I wasn't even talking about the fucking cuckshit that's fucking optional. I was talking about how everything in the OP is fucking bullshit that's been proven wrong ITT.

Herdalis only cucks you if you act like a retard. If you have two brain cells to rub together Aerie will stay with you.

>the cuckshit is optional you don't have to
>conveniently ignoring larian chose to add cuckshit to the game spent fucking time and budget on adding cuckshit
EVERY FUCKING TIME LMAO

OP here. Nothing has been proven wrong. This all based on Larian's own words and I dare you to post a source proving me wrong.

NO IT'S THE SAME THING YOU INCEL HELP ME SWEN

Zoomer here who liked DOS2. Why is everyone going nooo my real timerino over this? The game looks fine to me.

Ay yo this lil white boi cracka got cucked by a black bull lmaooo

Characters were actually rather beautiful in DoS2.
I am really sad to see that they fell for the 3d scanning meme this time.

>Larian's own words

Prove it.

what the actual fuck, is this confirmed?
BG1 had 25 NPC's and i'm guessing around 10 or 12 classes?
BG2 had a few more classes + subclasses and prolly around 20 NPCs and bg3 has fucking 5 NPC's and 6 classes?

So twatcher 3 is a better rpg than bg2.
Ok.

I don't know man I see a lot of people saying turn based zoomers are losing but all threads about this game are made by balding oldfags with declining testosterone levels

>EE
LEL

>Prove it.
YOU ABSOLUTE FUCKING MORON YOU RETARDED FUCKING CUNT

vg247.com/2020/02/27/baldurs-gate-3-romance-all-companions/

The Witcher 3 has a slightly higher user score and a lower metascore. It's about even, which is fine, because TW3 was the best RPG of the 10s.

He's basing it purely off the footage they've shown so far, not taking into account anything they haven't shown/aren't done with yet.

>Minsc was resurrected for the Neverwinter Online
At least we know who will make a cameo for the boomers.

Attached: Minsc and Boo.jpg (1476x1043, 369K)

>because TW3 was the best RPG of the 10s.

Attached: andys.gif (442x222, 1.99M)

>discounting followers
So it's not really 4.

>fuck some planar nigger whore
>next day she have sex with other guy
Can't blame anyone but yourself and your bad decision making. Enjoy you planar AIDS, retard.

Those are for early access

They are making it a limited demo kind of thing

One advantage of being set 100 years after BG is that we wont have to endure shitty fan service encounters.

No, moron. Larian said that there will be 5 companions and 8 classes at launch. More will eventually be added, but don't expect anything significant, since origin characters require a lot of work. The 4 person party was confirmed here

I love Minsc! He's so wacky and random! Le GIANT Miniature SPACE HAMSTAAAA!!!

*on early access launch

>Can't blame anyone but yourself and your bad decision making.
>conveniently ignores larian chose to add cuckshit to bg3
you stupid fucking cunts how fucking goddamn retarded are you? fucking cuck dicklickers you stupid piece of shit go get pegged you little microdick bitch

I don't care what the average DM does, if you put your bow in a fire in my game all you're getting is charcoal

Attached: 1582136644082.png (473x473, 492K)

How can larian top a retard with a rat?

>they're totally going to add 15 more companions, guys

You sound like a shit DM. Figures since you're a catposting retard.

u mad?

This poster was cucked by a black bull lmaooo

u cuck?

How's even "cuckshit" if you aren't in a relation? Are you legally retarded?

You will because Minsc was turned to stone and only recently released. And if you thought he was bad before just wait until Larian gets their hands on him. These are the people who thought the narrator in OS2 was a good idea.

15 is a ton but there's no reason to assume they're only adding like 1 or 2.

>have sex with someone
>not in a "relation"

based retard

says the cuck faggot literally defending cuckshit in bg3 hahahaha

Are you 12?

>How's even "cuckshit" if you aren't in a relation? Are you legally retarded?
>oh no! Heartbroken!
hahahahaha

Every companion is an origin character, and potentially the MC, with their own quests and shit. That costs money. If they're starting with five don't expect more than 7-8 in the super definitive complete enhanced edition.

Yes, sounds exactly like a retard after meeting a slut for the first time.

You can't even spell "relationship", retard.

Not an argument, mutt.

He didn't, he spelled "relation", a different word.

Eh, that feels low even if they're a lot of effort. Like, they definitely know companions are a big part of the game so there's no reason why they'd have less than 10.

>Yes, sounds exactly like a retard after meeting a slut for the first time.
THAT WAS DIRECT QUOTE FROM THE LARIAN DEVS YOU FUCKING FAGGOT HAHAHAHAHA

I'm European, pajeet. Stop looking for excuses.

That's my point. You already pasted that like 5 times.

Because original Baldur's Gate was full of quality jokes.
>Snikt Bub
>that hermit asshole
>Larry, Darryl, and Darryl

And it's incorrect in that context.

dude, what if Edwin was a tranny??

Still not an argument, retard.

He says it MIGHT happen, it wont actually.

Dude turnip LMAO

That's 100 times better than some cringe narrator desciribing a blowjob.

Edwin didn't want to be a woman, though. It was redpilled.

>That's my point. You already pasted that like 5 times.
>Yes, sounds exactly like a retard after meeting a slut for the first time.
fucking retard

>calls someone else a retard
>while being illiterate

Fucking steetshitters lmao.

Attached: 1572880002189.png (228x260, 116K)

But is literally your reaction, retard.
>oh no that whore I just fucked is fucking another guy, woe is on me!

THAT'S A DIRECT FUCKING QUOTE FROM THE FUCKING DEV YOU STUPID FUCKING CUNT

Still not an argument, retard.

Attached: 1353438695362.jpg (735x541, 35K)

>steetshitters
???

>if I post it multiple times in a row he might believe me

Fucking pajeets kek.

Attached: 1573157066975.png (324x313, 235K)

Followers aren't companions. They are people that join and FOLLOW you for a little while and drop off. Also summons and shit could be considered followers. Its 4 man parties with occasional followers and summons.

>if I keep replying with tourist memes I won!
OK.

>put wood in fire
>it now shoots flaming arrows
The typical Larianigger.

You don't know how to spell. You don't even know that sexual relations are still a kind of relationship. You fucking retard.