What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: images (12).jpg (220x321, 23K)

nothing. it's perfect.

Attached: 89-yojimbo_(98).jpg (640x480, 57K)

>hallway simulator
>boring combat
>cringe cutscenes
>cringe voice acting
>the zoomerization of final fantasy

Nothing, it's by far the best FF with only 6 and 7 being in consideration. 9 fags are just contrarians.

No love for 8?

the story was kind of shit. Yuna is bland and ugly

HA HA HA

Going back to this game I'm starting to realize how Japanese in tone it really is. Like when Tidus was talking to Yuna as if she will survive her pilgrimage and no one bothered to pull him aside to tell him not to do that for the whole game until Rikku did. That's a very Japanese thing to do. So now I finally get why Japan loves it so much.

Attached: aid2503702-v4-728px-Create-an-Anime-Story-Step-10.jpg (728x546, 73K)

no

The replay value is non-existence after i finish the monster arena i didnt feel like to start grinding for 100 hour .I got 3 game stuck around 25 hour before final showndown with sin .The japenese version didnt help the awful story and it age like milk but so does every ff since forever.

absolutely nothing

this takes me back

Attached: tenor.gif (498x298, 494K)

Annoying Characters: The Game

It might just be the godawful english dub though.

The better question is why don't people like X2?

Attached: FFX-2_box.jpg (220x315, 28K)

classic just started playing that

I was expecting more of X's gameplay: menus, slow-pace, chillstory, conservative characters, etc. Instead I got burned by j-pop girl power and TRIGGER or w/e gameplay. It was so disappointing; I pre-ordered that shit too.

Attached: 1568621554480.jpg (1261x1600, 734K)

You we're dropped on your head as a baby

unsure how they had the idea to go from FFX's story to a magical girl anime.

Lulu has always stricken me as being really out of place for the setting and story. That thought has nothing to do with what you were talking about, looking at that pic just reminded me of that.

That Berserker Rikku though.

Attached: FD3113D4-7DF2-4CE4-9B65-681AE715D0DB.jpg (500x768, 147K)

Awful grindy postgame that's not worth doing.

this

Reminder that FFX only "killed" FF in the sense that it was so good that the franchise from then on could never hope to replicate its quality ever again.

Attached: 1543614575610.png (564x504, 123K)

It killed any chance for FFXII to be good, or at least was a large contributor to its failure.
>our players like youngfags, not those old and busted mature characters you have as protagonists!
>this story is too complex, make it more like simple like star wars

etc.

Lulu's design is so ridiculous because Nomura was using her to test the PS2's limits and see how many details he could force in. And thus the belt dress was born.

FFX had a way more complex story than any game before it lmao

not much, but the game is too linear.
all they had to do was have the memorable soundtrack and open-world of FFVIII and it would've been the 2nd best Final Fantasy behind FFXI.

It was still fucked by meddling. It lacks a cohesive vision and you can easily identify what parts got tacked on.

ppl wanted more FFX but all they got was a waifu simulator and shitty j-pop.

Wish I had played FFX when it was originally released, shit would have blown my mind. Only FF game i've played around its release time was FFXV and i've never been so thoroughly disappointed in something that could have been so much more. FF just doesn't work in the open world play style at all.

Titus.

terrible hiccup in the series

ff9 story
>kidnap princess
>turns out her mum is evil
>turns out it's not her it's her arms dealer
>turns out it's not him it's his boss
>actually turns out it's him
>spirit of death turns up for literally no reason with 0 connection to the rest of the game
Compare and contrast with ffx

> FF just doesn't work in the open world play style at all.

Most FF's are like that and they work just fine. XV is just retarded.

>not those old and busted mature characters you have as protagonists
Name one fucking FF protagonist who is old or mature

auron

Auron is not a protagonist by any stretch of the imagination

galuf

oh you're moving the goalposts, sorry, skimmed and thought you wanted characters like the post you were replying to mentioned. I hope I haven't ruined your memepost

>Original post specifically speaks to old protagonists
>Ask for an example of an old protagonist
You're just mad you failed freshman year English

Ash and Bash would've been great. They are mid twenties, early thirties respectively. But it's mostly about the characters themselves that fail. Penelo and that faggot insert are just uninteresting dumb kids who act vain and shallow. They are airheads promoted into the spotlight.

>go on a journey to defeat the evil monster
>turns out the church is evil
>turns out the monster is your dad
>turns out you and your dad are both dreams
>actually the real monster is a bloated tick that used to be a man but since he's not a sentient being anymore it loops back around to the church being the real evil for letting him run rampant

Actually I'd consider Ash and Basche the closest to mature protagonists in the series. They're not main characters, but they do the heavy lifting moving the plot forward.
Similarly, I consider Yuna the protagonist of FFX. Tidus is just the main character, or perhaps a deuteragonist.

> They're not main characters, but they do the heavy lifting moving the plot forward.
That's because they were the intended main characters.

The only true open world FF games are I, XV, and XII to some degree. Just because you have an overworld doesn't mean your game is open world.

yeah fair apparently I skimmed both posts ff protags are always young ye agreed

Not him but I tried two separate time and got around 6+ hrs in each time, but I could never finish it. I just fucking hated the draw and junction system. Magic is a consumable that has to constantly be extracted, and with junctioning you get weaker using said magic too, like what the fuck where they think especially coming off of 7's materia system.

>what the fuck where they think especially coming off of 7's materia system
For better or worse, the design philosophy of Square with FF games is to create something vastly different with each instalment. So you get weird systems like drawing or gambits.

>last turn BASED final fantasy
Absolutely nothing went wrong. It just set the standard too high for what a final fantasy game could be. No future title could surpass it.

>it's the game's fault I didn't learn how to use its systems properly
Nice. Here's a hint: using magic you've junctioned isn't how you do it.

Retard

now do ff6 or preferably the guy you replied to do ff6

bad story and characters, including the designs

only yuna, rikku and lulu have good designs because they're sexy

the battle system is really really good for a final fantasy game or a jrpg in general

overall it's a fun game

WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU?

Attached: 1573252573507.gif (500x343, 701K)

hallways and belt buckles

he dies midgame

why post spoilers in this thread dude some people may not have completed it

Why isnt auron a protagonist?

Nothing, guaranteed replies user.

13 is actually the best
>people clamor for a 7 remake for ages
>square “we will only remake 7 when we make a game better than it”
>ff13 comes out
>so good square had to triple dip
>announce remake afterwards
It’s clear 13 is the best in the series

Far too little. I wanted to hate it.

>Endgame content locked behind absolutely terrible mini games.
>Retarded amount of grinding and gear check for bonus stuff.
>Linear as fuck.
It had one of the best soundtracks, graphics were very good, the world and overall story were also good but the gameplay and dialogue wise it was terrible.

Attached: 1581078862973.jpg (960x960, 83K)

It's by far the most Japanese of the titles according to the devs themselves.
The archipelago structure of Spira, some of the esthetic elements, the religion, the social conventions, the tribal elements are more inspired by pacific islanders than anything else, etc. Even the summpner's dance is some jap priest dance modified to the rule of cool.

I wouldn't call X the worst FF game, but to me I never considered it good. It was too linear for starters. Some areas, like the highroad, just felt like a long stretch. Even some of the villages just felt like a hallway. And the lack of a meaningful airship hurt.
The characters were hit or miss for me. Tidus was kind of insufferable, Yuna was too bland and demure, and I keep forgetting Kimhari existed he left that little of an impression. Rikku, Wakka, and Lulu were all good, and Auron was okay but I feel greatly overhyped.
I liked the attempt at a new leveling system with the sphere grid, but it was too easy to break. That combined with the weak combat didn't help. It's a flying enemy? Call Wakka. Fast enemy? Tidus. Armored enemy? Auron. Flan? Lulu. Machina? Rikku. This kind of made Kimhari not needed, and since summons were broken you could also just always use Yuna against anything.
A lot of the game was just... not memorable. I remember the opening theme, Another World. I can't remember the rest of the music. I had to reread the plot because even though I'd beaten the game, it just didn't catch with me. The game felt mediocre to me, with nothing to really drag me in. Couple that with a few bad aspects, like the linearity being seen again in XIII, and it just kind of finds itself in the pile of FF games I don't think are all that good.

it needed to be a little more open but its still a solid game

Horrible dialogue, Seymour is a shit tier villain, corridoors corridoors corridoors. Also the fights outside of boss battles were too simple. It was just rock/paper/scissors. Basically what said

>5
It's literally a cringe fanfic tier sequel noone asked for

Nothing, it's the best FF and one of the best video games ever made.

You found Yea Forums and tried to fit in with the contrarians on it.