NIOH 2 MOTHERFUCKER

Trial just ended for some people and is close to ending for others. Did you enjoy it? If you were someone that was unsure of buying it before playing any of the demos, are you now convinced on buying it? If you're someone who never played nioh before 2's demo, what are your thoughts?

Attached: nioh-2.png (1400x783, 1.71M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-hwiCkU73NA
youtube.com/watch?v=ec7JCwez5IY
youtube.com/watch?v=PUrdQPs6CoI&t=2m50s
youtube.com/watch?v=5bWP7X0v9bg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I absolutely loved Nioh 1 and bought 2 right after the last chance trial was over.
the guy who made pic related, can you post the code please

Attached: 412236127263.jpg (1025x1080, 389K)

It's great fun. I was addicted to Nioh 1 and shortly into playing Nioh 2 it was no different in that regard, I really dig the new stuff. Although I'm not super sold on the counter burst system yet. New weapons are really cool, I'm gonna be rolling tonfas and odachi for this one.

Anyway, post characters

Attached: file.png (985x795, 910K)

What are the highlights/specialty of each weapon? No memes

Attached: 10randoms_1d77d2_6442633.jpg (1200x1697, 281K)

>odachi
Big dick DPS
>switch glaive
Cool guy combos
That's all i got

>1kat
balanced, tons of options, jack of all trades
>2kat
anime-tier FASTFASTFAST fighting, can get ridiculously OP later
>spear
range, obviously. also a really good and varied moveset
>axe
damage, unga bunga mode
>kusarigama
speed AND range though not quite as varied
>odachi
a good pure strength weapon that's not too slow and has good combos that can go in and out of other stances at the end of said combo
>tonfas
balanced with tons of options in combos, does great ki damage
>hatchets
kinda like tonfas but worse? but you can throw them and do some other cool stuff. i didnt use em much
>switchglaive
3 weapons in 1 package, it's not exceptionally great at being any 3 but you get a lot to experiment with all at once and it's a pretty good magic-build weapon

>trial over already
Fuck you

Played with switchglaive and magic during the trial, both felt great and I'm happy guardian spirit talismans are back

whats the deal with the fat rolling cat
its cute but I dont get it

based

Attached: ER_-RwnWAAU3cSk.jpg (3840x2160, 421K)

Gives you amrita, attacks the enemy, that's what I noticed. Might even heal you I don't know

it mainly distracts enemies more than doing meaningful damage to them, so you can get some hits from behind

>Did you enjoy it?
yes i cant wait for the full game and mess around with soul cores

You're being too general. I'm asking for weapon specialties not just "give me a summary". Just saying "oh this weapon is fast and varied" doesn't tell me anything concrete about the weapon. i.e. 1kat is a jack of all trades but it excels in having a variety of parry moves. Tonfas are fast but short ranged, they make up for it by having great evasiveness and a couple of good mobility moves.

You can now view what effects do by pressing square on the stats menu. the cat, named scampuss, lets you regenerate anima (purple yokai gauge) while it's activate and boosts the amount of amrita you get in general.

>>/youtube/

If you don't want general answers then don't ask general questions. Go read a wiki or something, fag.

no

I specifically asked what their specialties are. If I wanted a general summary I would've asked for one.

Attached: 1567272433820.jpg (1600x900, 494K)

No, you asked some guy to spoonfeed you and then complained when he wasn't detailed enough for you. I'll say it again so maybe it will stick this time. Go read a wiki, fag.

I enjoyed it, but all the changes I feared ended up worse than expected, and they even made several additional changes that were as badly thought out as they were unnecessary. Even the response people had to those changes was what I expected.

Burst counter is ruining the game. It makes things far too simplified and easy.

>can't change color of side hair

Attached: shangbuhuan.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

>NO! You didn't say exactly what you said
Learn to read

Good job actually detailing your issues with the game, glad to hear your feedback.

No one cares about your frustrations and incompetence with the English language, ESL. Go and read that wiki now, and maybe a thesaurus.

/niohg/ in 2 weeks

so you want someone to spoonfeed you and write a short novel for you

why do people like you even do this when you have the entire internet at your disposal for information on anything? it's not like you're making any kind of good conversation either with that attitude

Attached: 1583103852572.jpg (500x353, 23K)

so the trial is over right? im still able to play it, i just did a mission and am testing weapons in the dojo rn
i guess its online functions only that are turned off?

>ESL
Okay schizo

It ends at midnight in your timeozone

It kicked me out at 2 am. Same will happen to you.

Clearly you've not been reading the threads since I've been doing that nonstop. I would do so again but I'm in the middle of typing up an explanation of the weapons for that other guy, and TN never gave a shit about my feedback when I gave it to them.

You can but it's dependent on the hair style.

>Died to Ryomen 57 times
>Died to Rape Horse twice
Fuck. Part of the reason I died to Ryomen so much was lack of understandign the burst counter + I wanted to beat him "properly" so I kept trying my best to learn optimizations for punishes and stuff

Attached: 1579813469648.png (2424x1200, 639K)

they only care about feedback when it's in relation to making the game easier and more accessible for retards
case in point: the difference between the previous betas and this one when it comes to burst counters

>counting potato nigger accent as a plus

>$80 for the digital deluxe
for what purpose

Wonder if there are gonna be more skills in the final game. Team Ninja said that they were going to add more skills after beta feedback. I'm gonna assume this last demo is too old to have any major tweaks or additions

there's nothing to make anyone believe this is not the gold version of the game

but william has stealth attacks and dies in a cut scene too

1kat is a balanced weapon with an emphasis on swift attacks, reactive defenses and having multiple tailored reasonable responses to different situations.
2kat focuses on wide multihitting attacks and works well as a quick defensive crowd control weapon, trading range and per hit damage for dependable skills that cover many options at once
Spear is a high range weapon about fighting safely, though it also comes with some great disruptive attacks and mobility tools that are activated on Ki Pulse. It's attack speed can suffer to an extent however.
Axe is the resident powerhouse, short range and an overall slower moveset with many charged attacks means it has a greater emphasis on timing and spacing, but it can destroy guards, being one of two weapons that don't bounce by default on mid as well as high, and deal insane damage on the openings created by your Ki damage.
Kusarigama is a seemingly awkward weapon of two halves, it swaps between rapid short range attacks and slow wide and long ranged attacks, and never the two shall meet. The attacks of each category are very good at what they do, but not the other, so it can take some getting used to. It also has some interesting quirks and mobility options like using the chain to pull enemies to you, or you to them.
Odachi is the 1kat's bigger cousin in that while it has a wide balance of multiple different options, it trades some of the speed and sheer sheer breadth of skills for a bit more power and range. In particular it's much better at Break damage, though it is also able to set up it's moveset to flow through different stances, letting you build different combos and change stance through them.
Tonfa is the fastest, shortest and most aggressive weapon out there. The moveset prizes rapid nonstop swinging, high mobility and even learns a special dodge as it's Ki Pulse. They're unmatched in Ki pressure, but can be unsafe and must make those openings count due to not hitting as hard outside them.
Text limit.

I was shit at Nioh1 and gave up. Is this one easier?

No.

Attached: 1448606673539.gif (245x245, 960K)

Can you play as a female?

Is it worth buying a ps4 for?

Attached: 1550965457118.png (492x588, 159K)

no just wait for the pc release with all the dlc

>sekiro ripped off nioh
What the fuck bros?

yes, it has a really good character creator

yes. and there is a tit slider.

Yes. You can even make your own waifu to play as

Yes, the anons have been posting their waifus for like 24 hours
Nothing wrong with that, but hard to miss

Yes, you can give her huge tits and abs

I'm kinda regretting this after reading the thread and seeing you bitch out, but I'm in too deep now and the weapons have many capabilities that are difficult to convey entirely when that's all you ask for. Now for the new weapons.
Hatchets are somewhat like a mix of the Tonfa and Kusarigama in that they're designed around constant offense and heavy Ki damage while lacking in initial damage, and also coming with both short range fast attacks that can be supplemented with long range axe throw moves. This gives it an odd playstyle of adapting to the range you're at, and actually lends itself well to co-op because it's a different flavour of letting you be constantly attacking.
Switchglaive is a stance dance king. It has good utility in all it's forms but initially they might seem lacking in a little something of whatever they should be doing. That's because every attack can be chained into a special stance switch attack, which heavily multiplies the capabilities of each move and letting you both adjust it to what you want more of and string together huge flowing combos. Getting the hang it is difficult but when you do the weapon starts to take on a life of it's own.
There we go, time officially wasted. Ask more specific questions so I can actually have some focus or watch videos.

?

does anyone have the pic of changes from last beta

Skills that were present in the Beta were not present in the Last Chance Trial, and I think it was also missing skills that were in that one video going around. Whether that means there will be more new skills or they will just reintroduce the missing ones (the old LW skills are still AWOL) remains to be seen, but they will probably find some way to make something worse in the time they have.

oh is it over?
I kinda wanted to play a bit more but at least I got the DLC helmet for beating the first level

Attached: DPni8kpVQAAYPBv.jpg (1200x675, 95K)

Playing the beta for me interested enough to start Nioh 1
I'm crushed that tonfa aren't in it. They were my fave weapon in the beta.
Kusarigama it is, then.

According to a dev vid, it fills up your anima while it rolls around you, so you can spam yokai stuff more often.

!

I had a great time but Im still on the fence about getting it now or waiting for steam release. I refuse to pay for psn

Is one reply not enough you coomers?

they're a dlc weapon

Al the weapons but Switchglaive and Hatchets are in Nioh 1. You must be playig the base version without any DLC. Also you are gonna burn yourself out if you plan to play 2 on release.

How will the character data transfer to the full game? Saved somewhere on the PS4 or should I generate a code and write it down? Safe to delete the beta?

And yet all their changes are done to ultimately cause the opposite of that, so they can cling to the "masocore" reputation they're trying to sell the game on. When you've fucked with the balance so hard that your game only feels challenging when you don't read a single word or make use of any of the mechanics, you haven't made the game harder or more accessible. But don't take my word for it, read and listen to all the people that complain when they die. They have the "what" down, but neither the "how" nor the "why", and it'd break their hearts to hear that it was their own fault and they asked for all this.

Fuck off, newfag.

Is it just me or is the switch glaive kind of overtuned in this beta? It's way easier to shred shit with it than anything else.

>dlc
Honestly that's kind of worse. Yeah, I'm playing the base version,it was free on PS+. I don't really want to drop $10 for whichever dlc will get me the most fun weapon, I guess.
But, uh, which one would that be?
I'm not planning on buying Nioh 2 at launch. I'm not even sure how long I'll play 1 for. But I'm glad to give it a shot.

what level did you guys hit on the trial before it ended? i just barely got to 50

Why wouldn't you buy the DLC if you like the game? it's not just more weapons, it's more levels, bosses and story.

1kat and Tonfa feel excellent, new weapons skills are great
the permanent Ki damage on Yokai is very apparent now
the way you can earn Skill Points through just use is nice (Onmyo, Ninjutsu)
very, very detailed CC
Accessory Tempering is one thing I wanted -- you can get crazy shit now
the Elemental and Shifting Active Skill Arcanas are a great addition
Kodama Bazaar is great for longer levels and section farming
dropping Righteous Jasper to help people is also cool

Purity is an excellent addition but it seems like I have to run it on every weapon
Burst Countering will make Bosses very manageable, but that could be just because I and everyone had overleveled gear

they should have went the other way with Dark Realm as it's still not forcing people to Flux
there's just not enough enemies in SP and especially MP Expeditions
don't like how there is a limit on how many Revenants are able to be active -- Biwa choke points were great and it looks like there will be a delay in summoning consecutive Revenants in the final game now

they always add more and harder enemies in higher difficulties but I'm not sure they'll remove the Revenant limit or make Dark Realm more oppressive
looking forward to Abyss though

Attached: Nioh 2 Last Chance Trial_20200302032641.jpg (3100x1080, 774K)

DLC 1 adds the odachi and 2 adds the tonfa
when purchased the DLC automatically adds the weapons to the loot pool but you won't get the good unique ones until the DLC areas.
The DLCs are definitely both worth it though, they add a LOT of content

With how low enemy health is the damage adds up fast, but more importantly they do pretty significant Ki damage. If you have three with you it can actually be very effective. Pro tip, every cat acquired or bell used refreshes the buff duration while adding a cat, and when you're at the max of three getting another still refreshes the buff. Smart bell usage can let you keep them for a long time. Using a bell also seemed to guarantee a core drop, and there might be a cool strategy in using them for mid-battle Anima charges and also heals with the passive.

Thanks for your post user. I enjoyed it even though that other user was a bitchass nigga

the DLC wont go on sale and even the deluxe edition that is the base game+dlc is cheaper than the season pass

If you wanted a (you) you could have just said so

It was shit. I liked Nioh 1 and this demo convinced me not to buy 2. They ruined the combat and made the difficulty completely unfun bullshit. Damage sponge enemies, don't do any damage yourself but get one or two shot by everything. No actual meaningful improvements or additions from the first one. It fucking sucks.

I was going to answer you but I put it in the other thread when the original one died, if you're the guy who asked that time.

>Purity is an excellent addition but it seems like I have to run it on every weapon
I only found heavenly on a weapon I wasn't using, is it really that good?

Because I got the game for free. I still don't know how I feel about it, and I've only just started it.
Ah, good to know.

i got to 33

Koei games are notorious for this. Aren't they just 20 bucks though? Well it's up to you user.

If that were true, this demo wouldn't be retarded hard garbage trying to emulate Sekiro's difficulty very poorly. The boss is absurdly broken. If they want to make the game fun and accessible, they need to listen the fuck up and tweak it majorly. Enemies take too much to kill, especially that boss, and everything kills you instantly. The balance in the combat from the first game is completely gone.

Guys I keep dying to the first boss, I feel like I can beat him but is it worth it to keep running to the hot spring for the buff?

Away! Away!

Attached: 1582632480828.png (600x450, 451K)

Can we take a moment to appreciate how a dude got split in half in the first boss cutscene because instead of getting out of the way he tried to block an axe swing with a fucking spear?

>play drunk pure physical 1h katana
>hate it, looks like shit too
>give it another try in the morning after
>go glaive with some magic
>end up having tons of fun, art style also grows on me
>now will buy the deluxe edition

Attached: 9FEF48BD-2AE8-4F95-8132-32703EEA55DD.png (462x583, 230K)

the boss is literally easier than any single boss in nioh 1 lol
typical faggot souls zoomer assumes that nioh would give any kind of fuck about shitkiro when the first one predates it and barely even tries to compete with souls period

Purity lets you Ki Pulse and recover I think 50% of Ki used when blocking
counts towards Ki Pulse: Heaven/Man/Earth is why

He fell for the "greatest tool of war ever made!" meme

Comes with season pass, right? Was the DLC for the first game any good?

t. zoomer who's shit at the game and relies on co-op gets his ass stomped

just keep it downloaded until release. just to be safe

COME ENTERTAIN ME

The DLC for the first game I would say was just alright, most of the bosses were just guys with guardian spirits. The best thing to come from them is the odachi, which has become my new favorite weapon. I'd say wait until the DLCs start coming out before spending on money on them this time around.

Nioh 2 is literally and blatantly copying Sekiro's mechanics you retard. Or did you not realize that the garbage burst counters are just horribly executed versions of the mikiri counter? Fucking delusional cope post.

FROM fanboys really are mentally ill. You probably think those games are actually hard too, lol.

>wooooooowwwww
>how was I supposed to know I can't parry the boss

I can say it's not because of overleveled gear, I used a level 1 white weapon for most of my playtime and you can still kill the Yokai bosses in a paltry 2-3 minutes and Hisahide in under 1, and I can't really say for sure I've fully learned them or how to really push the Yokai Skills, though I'm getting used to them a bit more. 3-5 minutes should be like the minimum general timeframe for a boss fight using appropriate equipment. I'm also heavily disappointed in the downgrade on Expedition enemy count compared to the Beta, back then doing a Expedition alone actually felt fairly decent but now they barely changed the missions at all. Dark Realm changes I don't even need to say anything except, they really decided to give a free Ki Regen buff for the now brainless Yokai Realm purification on top of debuff nerf AND everything you normally get?

This jsut reminded me, i never played the dlc but in the final japan mission, hanzo was ready to gut william before he exiled himself. What happens when he comes back in the DLC?

He played Sekiro so he thought he could parry anything. Wait was that a dig at Sekiro? lol

If you liked the game you would like the DLCs. Though Maria's story kind of just ended without resolution and instrumental version of "Don't let me be misunderstood" wasn't her boss theme.

Attached: el shinobe.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

Had a great time with the first game when it released and all the DLC afterward. Enjoyed 2's beta and demo aside from the character creator and soul core system but won't be picking it up on release. Just gonna wait for the inevitable complete version and play it then. Just gonna enjoy the first game and other game releases until then.

I don't know if this is hinted at in-game but I think the "Zenki and Goki" hatchets might be connected to Ryomen. Only reason I think so is because one axe has a blue accent while the other has a red accent and ryomen uses dual hatchets

There's a difference between Purity (element) and Blessed (weapon), and more confusingly between Corruption (element) and Corrupt (weapon). Blessed weapons (so far) always come with a Purity element on their attacks, but also give you the ability to Ki Pulse after blocking an attack, which is cool as shit and why I'm desperately hoping that if nothing else they'll let us give any weapon the Blessed and Corrupt properties.

>If you were someone that was unsure of buying it before playing any of the demos, are you now convinced on buying it?

Quite the opposite. I was about to pre-order as a fan of the first but I will be passing on this until it's $10 in a sale. Probably will only be a couple months anyway since it's not going to sell.

Will there be clan battles again? Also will we get SOME kind of ladder, like the Vileblood or The League ladder from Bloodborne? That always gave me big motivation to play. Or contributed clan points?

I liked the last beta a lot but for some reason this last chance trial really did not feel as fun to play. Gonna skip it.

From faggots are such a joke of a fanbase. All of them are as smug and deluded as they are ignorant. Play one normie game and they think they know all there is to know about the medium.

Attached: 6578.jpg (720x1280, 108K)

already preorder the special edition after the first beta

what is it about this game that makes everbody a pretentious faggot

He uses a sword and an axe, an arrow and a bow. How bling are you user?

Fucking hell, a deep game like this with lots of systems and stats and secrets makes me yearn for the strategy guide days. I used to buy them for every game I loved. Kept them all, all the way back to A Link to the Past.

Soooooo yeah. Also happened to be exactly the same as in the first game in this regard. The thing about making both the player and enemies do tons of damage if you ignore all the mechanics is that it makes the losing feel entirely random for those that haven't caught on to what they should be learning. And why ever would they? Original thought and mild adaption for the sake of real enjoyment is terrible when you can just hit a button over and over, which the game doesn't punish anymore outside of sudden death which certainly isn't informative to these people.

Can’t wait for another episode of dsp gets filtered by the first boss

They're a bunch of pathetic weeb coomers blindly defending yet another dogshit waifu game and there have been some actual shills mixed in with them in these threads. I mean, the OP post is a literal marketer looking for feedback lmao.

Fuck off, newfag.

>This schizo again

>literally nothing but buzzword : the post

Shit is going down in an area and Hanzo is sent to investigate and runs into trouble before William shows up. After the first boss you see him again and they have a great little exchange.
"William! You're supposed to be dead."
"Do you believe everything you hear?"
"It's good to have you back."

>to know about the medium
Do you need human interaction that badly? Here - (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You)

Loved it and already preordered it after the first beta. I find all the comments about it being worse than nioh 1 bizarre because it’s literally the same game but with more content, and the demon abilities are cool as fuck.

isnt hanzo the one that said william was dead in the first place

I need human interaction? ME?
I don't know if this even qualifies as projection, i think it's just straight up stupidity.

I recently tried to replay the first one after dropping out a while back since I didn't get into it and holy shit, I actually loved it. I think the first time around I fell for the "souls-like" meme and I played it like Dark Souls but once I got into it and stared playing by it's rules I really enjoyed it, I think it's because there's a lot to take in if it's your first time playing. Can't wait to play 2 when it comes out.

>Did you enjoy it?
Yeah, i got to level 75 doing expeditions.
>If you were someone that was unsure of buying it before playing any of the demos, are you now convinced on buying it?
Yes, i already miss it.

Attached: 1581392983226.png (500x616, 436K)

It's mostly Living Weapon mongs and that one shitposting schizo.

samefag

I doubt it, it's not like you can parry everything in Sekiro anyway. I don't really get why Sekiro gets lumped in with the Souls games and souls-like when the similarities are
>the Buddha statues work like bonfires
>you lose stuff when you die and enemies respawn
>you have a set amount of healing at all times
The combat is pretty fundamentally different.

Pacific bros, is this demo only live until 2 am PST?

All the marketing and the prison level make it feel like dark souls, but once you get stances, ki pulse, and abilities the gameplay changes drastically

Sounds like projection there. I've been in most the threads over the weekend and they were some of the most pleasant threads I've been in in a long time.

Living weapon is pretty much the same, just not as busted

what a supremely retarded post

i heard it ends at midnight dunno for sure though

Midnight, or 11:59 to be precise. 3 hours and 13 minutes from this post

if by he same you mean completely different, than yeah, pretty much the same.

i dont think you know what projection actually means

My Genes are ready for Nioh 2

Attached: 1583105584607.jpg (1920x1080, 266K)

>the crutch ability is still the same it's just not a crutch
That's the main reason people are mad, you fucking goof.

only a gay faggot (such as yourself) would use a word like pretentious and have it be a synonym for
"thing i don't like"

I don't know why but I found it a lot easier the seconded time I picked it up too, I died to the first couple of bosses more then in any of the harder bosses in the souls games, but it wasn't too bad this time. The kusarigama high stance is an absolute meat blender so I've used that to annihilate enemy ki so that might be why.

Pretentious faggots often accuse others of being pretentious due to their own overinflated ego's being hurt.

I absolutely hate the new version of the main theme that sounds when you die

how ironic, i guess we're both pretentious faggots then

Attached: guy.png (1920x1080, 2.08M)

>white samurai
Instant 10000- points for pandering to western fuck heads

pc release when

Maybe so. I'm definitely better than you though.

Anyone know how multiplayer matching works? Will I stop being in people's level range if I get too high leveled or does it just scale your stats to fit their level?

Based X-BLADE poster

Attached: IMG_20200301_174014_308.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

Biggest tiddy slidder is kinda too big, thank goddess for that. But on a normal character that should have big milkers without being stupidly big, what’s the correct slider number?

Attached: F459D255-59C3-4DDA-B3D0-E054F9567321.jpg (825x1024, 105K)

>Probably won't get Oroboros
>probably wont get Sasorsi till the WIRRIAM duel in some DLC

You can still wreck shit with living weapon oni mode, it’s just less tanky now. Are people really so bad that they can’t get by with it as it is now?

Well, I can't wait for release. What do I play now?

Attached: RNFetchBlobTmp_lwdok3cl1es4o9owmfxhje_1.jpg (943x1080, 116K)

I suspect it's scaled to Mission Level

Is multiplayer/coop any different from nioh 1?

Do we know yet what the highest tier of gear will be? Green like pre-dlc nioh 1?

I picked up kusarigama during the first beta along with the dual katanas I used in the first game and had a blast.
>okay for this last chance trial I'm going to use different weapons!
>lmao 2kat again
Why am I like this.
I don't get why people are so afraid to admit when they're being pretentious, I mean I'll readily admit to liking pretentious shit. Nioh 2 isn't even remotely pretentious though and most of these threads have just been discussing the beta, character creation shit, and talking about weapons.

>instrumental version of "Don't let me be misunderstood" wasn't her theme
fucking based

youtube.com/watch?v=-hwiCkU73NA

I used switchglaive and 1kat for the first beta and by snek fight I was back to odachi and 1kat. For this beta I tried to do hatchet and switchglaive and by the end I was using 3kat. The weapons are just too good I can’t give them up

desu while I like the new system, I prefer living weapon. I like the concept of the demon forms, but their implementation is lacking

None of the demon forms really do it for me, and living weapon let you use all the weapon skills of your equipped weapon whereas the demon forms feel like new weapons with incredibly small skill trees, giving them few if any new active skills

Also, while I understand that adding in what is effectively three new weapons is difficult, I wish there were more demon forms, like one for each element

I hope we get transforming spirits with multiple types like nobunaga's spirit in Nioh 1

>Yokai grapple after breaking yokais ki does slightly less damage than the glowey sword grapple
I tested it and yokai grapple did 1960 damage total with feral while glow stick did 2014

I beat Ryomen today after 50+ tries. I didn't feel like continuing since your progress doesn't save anyway, but it did make me pick up Nioh 1 again, which I had dropped at the end of the first region.

I just beat Muneshige and the fucking centipede. I hate that centipede. The centipede took longer than Muneshige.

In general I think I don't like it as much as Fromshit because the loot system isn't for me and there's an immense amount of filler. But I'm having a good time. I might burn out again later.

Attached: 1577134965864.png (1280x995, 1.85M)

Platinum trophy in Code Vein that I bought last week.

do you guys think nioh is harder than souls/blood/sekiro?

Attached: 151891891810.jpg (823x1080, 180K)

Yeah, he lied about it to avoid having anyone come after him so he could leave safely.

>The combat is pretty fundamentally different

It is and it isn't. Sekiro's gameplay is built for the spectacular human sword fights. But when you fight big enemies like Ape and DoH, it's very similar to Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3.

>Are people really so bad that they can’t get by with it as it is now?
Yes and it has been very entertaining to watch.

Tried, but didn't like it much. Completely gave up at the cathedral.

Attached: RNFetchBlobTmp_r4dq3qw19hke8hmvp0ss86_1.jpg (1037x1080, 152K)

It's kind of inconsistent, I'd say on average the regular enemies and areas are harder but the bosses are easier, it also depends on if you're over or under geared.

Let's not pretend Living weapon and Demon Forms are anything more than a panic button that lets you go ungabunga with no risk to your health bar. You're a shitter if you use either.

>the build-up midway through the song is phase changing cutscene
>she loosens her blouse, does the "I'm not really left handed meme", puts her guard up and gives you a fixating look with a little smirk
>she gets expanded moveset and more aggressive

Step your game up TN

Attached: my ancestor ;).jpg (340x401, 20K)

I’d say it’s harder than dark souls but about equal to some of bloodbornes dlc, though thats ignoring shit like optional boss rush stuff or cursed chalice dungeons, I haven’t beat sekiro, the combat just didn’t do it for me and I found myself bored

No matter what it turns out to be, The Mark of the Demon Slayer in Nioh 2 is significant.

Before I say why I need to divide the Souls community into two general groups - Slayers and Slain - and quickly define both.

Both have basically been around since Demon's Souls, but the very nature of the Slain demands that the Slayers come first. Why? Because Slayerss beat the path and light the way. Afterward, like mold or a rot, the Slain seep into the community, ever at the heels of the Slayers.

How is that? Either by a lack of information upon release or due to a self-imposed restriction, the Slain goes in blind. Slayers embrace the challenge From Software has extended with each release in their Souls/Bloodborne Series while the Slain abhor it. While Slayerss scratched and clawed their way through levels and boss fights, the Slain poured over FAQs, Strategy Guides, Wiki Articles, Google Search Results, Let's Plays and How to Videos.

Therefore the Slain subsist by virtue of the illumination spread over From's games by the Slayers, entirely dependent on it. Over time they've let themselves forget this, fancying themselves old hands as they bring their borrowed knowledge and tactics to bear on each successive release.

And then here comes fucking Nioh 2, reminding the Slain who they really are. And with little to no documentation in sight they hide behind shitposts so they can cling to that "gud" status they worked so hard to attain. Eventually they'll be back. Once the Slayers have shown the way, that is.

And that's why The Mark of the Demon Slayer is significant. No matter how superficial, uselessly cosmetic or quickly outclassed it is, it stills says I'm not No, I'm a Demon Slayer.

>Ape and DoH
It's only similar for the first phase of ape, and that and DoH are probably my least favourite fights in the game, I just don't feel like the combat is built for it

>Completely gave up at the cathedral.
Just look down, nigga.

I honestly spend so much time worrying about using it at the best moment that I end up forgetting to use it at all and never end up touching it.

it's an action-rpg, so it's really not comparable to sekiro at all. you can just grind out levels if the difficulty at any section is too hard.

I wouldn't say it's harder. More like you have to switch from a Souls gameplay mindset to Nioh's. That's always the issue I see people have when it comes to these types of games. Everyone plays it like Souls at first and bitches when they can't deal with what the game throws at them.

>do you think a beta that starts in the middle of the game is harder than X?
Does Corona kill off brain cells?

Yeah, Nioh is also a lot more exploitable if you want it to be as easy as possible.

I do wish demon form had some better attacks, but as it is its functionally the same as living weapon, aka unga bunga god mode. I do hope they add more forms though

>hanzo's dad has the same face as his son
>he's somehow hotter
what is this magic

It's not really harder (until you get to the dlc which feels like it's built for NG+ people who consistently played it even after beating it) unless you go into it expecting to play it like a souls game. The biggest hurdle for me was during the thick of combat I'd just revert to Dark Souls or Bloodborne controls which really fucked me over.

Making a youthful dude seemed way harder than making a waifu, though maybe that's just cause I was worried I'd be kicked from the game before I finished
Release date needs to hurry up and be here

Attached: ESFE6lGXsAAhXVE.jpg (1027x809, 90K)

I think neither one of those games is hard. In the long run Nioh is the only one that completely falls apart in the difficult department.

Fuck I missed it, did you get any new rewards from this or it was still the Mark of the Demon Slayer?

>nioh 1 doesn’t exist

dude, this is literally Morgan Everett from Deus Ex

What's the opposite of "playing it like Souls"?

I've been playing Nioh like Souls/Sekiro and struggling but more or less making it through okay. What am I missing? I've mostly been using the High Stance Axe heavy attack on everything.

I did have to figure out the Odachi combo from Low to High in Nioh 2 to beat the boss.

Playing it like Nioh obviously you dumbo. Why would purposely ignore the game's mechanics and play in the most linear and boring way possible?

Still the same reward.

Well the mechanics are complicated and I don't understand the soul fusion for weapons at all.

>mfw finished just in time

feels alright, man

Attached: Nioh 2 Last Chance Trial_20200301205657.jpg (1920x1080, 589K)

Isn't that all the more reason Yuu learn them?

Update, just beat Ryomen in one try on a fresh mission run. I don't exactly count it tho since my level is like over twice as much as when I first fought him so much damage was much better and his hits would only take a 3rd or 4th of my health instead of over half + I had more elixirs to burn through.

Still feel good tho. Just wish I could get a handle better on when to use yokai skills. Like obviously you should use them when their max ki is low but other than that i'm not quite sure when is the best moment to do them since all of the yokai skills kind of do shit damage other than the mezuki one when you're at max range which is probably my favorite skill in the LCT so far.

Attached: 1562216774511.jpg (1000x1192, 141K)

I could squeeze out some more time on it but I've beat all the levels and it's late. I did enjoy my time on the demo. I enjoyed the first beta's levels more and the elements they added to the CC like musculature and weight were a bit of a let down but still, enjoyed the two days I played the fuck out of it. I will buy it, just as I bought it's predecessor but not this soon. I need more money in the bank before I splurge on entertainment.

I made a number of them. Battle hardened samurai, brown tomboy, even tried my hand at a early rendition of a 2B cosplay that I will no doubt refine when I get the main game but in the end, I think I had the most fun designing this ugly bitch

Attached: Nioh 2 Last Chance Trial_20200301223103.jpg (1920x1080, 187K)

my god what a freak

I'm talking about combat mechanics. They are not complicated at all. You don't have to go from 0 to 100, just start with ki pulsing and experimenting with moves, just throw moves out there and see what you like and soon enough it will be second nature and you memorize strings you like and get the muscle memory for them. Don't fall into the "mid stance build :D" meme every other souls players falls into, switch stance often according to the situation or just for fun.

It's pretty funny how they always gravitate towards axe

you can win any encounter just as effectively by going mid stance through the whole game

No, especially when PS5 might come out this year which will likely drop the prices of PS4 down a hundred bucks

I love how ham you could go with the faces and hair. Why design a cute girl or a tough man when you can just make the ugliest pieces of shit imaginable?

Reminder: t-minus 2.5 hours until the beta is closed. Maybe help some others get the mark if you have it already?

I don't know what I'm supposed to learn. The game's tutorials and explanations are minimal. I hit things, I debuff them with Onmyoji skills, and I throw Ninja weapons at them. But I don't know what I should be doing to play it "like Nioh" yet.

I think it's initially more difficult but there are so many ways to get OP in the mid-late game where you just destroy everything that it kind of evens out.

Use them when they go dark realm

Don't focus on smithing or meta junk until you at least understand how the play the game. Make sure you understand status effects, how to use magic and ninjitsu, ki pulsing, and pay attention to how you can stack bonuses from gear. Every weapon is viable in NG and you really shouldn't have to think about perfecting a build until you are well into NG++. Typically people that bitch about the DLC difficulty played journalist-tier their entire playthrough and couldn't understand why they couldn't Living Weapon through every boss all of a sudden.

I gravitate to axe in every Souls-adjacent game I play because the first one I played was Bloodborne and I used the axe the entire game.

are you getting paid to play video games that you have to be "effective"? And no, not as effectively but it can definitely be done. I will never understand this mindset.

>fuse a weapon with a higher level weapon
>the weapon becomes that level
>fuse a weapon with a locked icon (inheritable) beside an ability
>the weapon inherits that ability
pretty simple

The stance system is fun as hell. I love changing it depending on the situation. I can't envision a person sticking with one stance the entire game.

>Purity is an excellent addition but it seems like I have to run it on every weapon
We'll have to see on full release what the downsides are on these weapons if any. They might end up falling short damage-wise but the ki damage probably makes up for it, dunno.

Didn't play it, but I watched some videos, day one buy.

Attached: 1582595582324.png (1000x1000, 46K)

i doubt Pros will drop as low as 100

>can't afford PS5
>possible Ninja Gaiden game coming for it

I wanna die...

>Power Pills
Are those good now or still only ~10% for a few seconds?

>I will never understand this mindset.
a symptom of autism

Kaz, I'm already a yokai

Attached: Nioh 2 Last Chance Trial_20200301212035.png (1920x1080, 2.63M)

You are not...no, surely he wouldn't...but maybe? Ahem, you are not using Sloth by any chance, are you user?

I'd tell you but I forgot I had them equipped and never used them.

Attached: 1423298000028.jpg (458x405, 71K)

Are there any real downsides to Corrupted weapons? They seem strong as fuck for your first playthrough and I was too much of a smoothbrain to notice any significant negative effects.

Attached: 1348076866940.jpg (586x304, 43K)

yours you mean?

Didn't know BB was part Asian.

hope that's a joke image

scuffed snake

I haven't unlocked it yet. I just use attack/defense debuffs right now.

He actually is

It's harder to play the proper way i.e. not abusing magic spells. The controls alone are a battle you have to conquer before you can "git gud" now because you have so many options at your disposal.

I know the twins are, but John wasn't IIRC. Then again the person who said those words wasn't Big Boss anyway so it doesn't matter.

good, keep it that way.

Nope it’s just a unique weapon buff with cool yokai spirits inside them

qt

Attached: 89u4h90qz5k41.jpg (768x768, 38K)

I meant the price would go down BY one hundred. Pros are like 350-400 now, dropping it to 250-300 seems pretty fair when the PS5 is probably gonna cost around 400-500

Alright I finally did the twilight mission. I'm surprise how small the map was

It's actually kinda crazy how well you socially inept motherfuckers are at conveying your autism over the internet.

Sloth was nerfed really bad, it lasts like 3 seconds so you only get a small opening now. Carnage + a defense buff bug still works and got me through NG+++.

>those luscious lips

Looks like Angelina Jolie.

aw did she get stung by a bee?

>doesn't like luscious lips

fag

paying 300 currency for a last gen console is not fair at all, especially if PS5 can play the same games. Sony were really fucking stingy with the price drops this gen.

what's the purpose of this guy's core?

Attached: Nioh 2 Last Chance Trial_20200301202336.jpg (1920x1080, 391K)

Stop with this meme

2 buttons for am attack
3 stances each with their own set of attacks
1 button for ki pulsing, holding down this button + a facebutton lets you switch stances, switch your set of shortcuts, and switch weapons which you have 4 of (2 melee, 2 ranged)
1 button for dodge, which there are 2 of depending on your stance
1 button for blocking, holding down block + then pressing an attack button will do weapon skills
4 buttons for shortcut items which vary from essentially new attacks, to buffs, to defensive items
a button you can hold down + press a face button to activate a yokai skill
1 button that lets you aim your projectile weapon

There really isn't any wasted space here with the controls. Every button on the controller is used for combat with the exception of O and of course the middle buttons for options and shit. Honestly, it's impressive

Attached: 1567286517837.jpg (759x1024, 150K)

/ourguy/ is still looking good

Attached: Nioh 2 Last Chance Trial_20200301202141.png (1920x1080, 2.45M)

>paying 300 currency for a last gen console is not fair at all
It's the upgraded version. The non-pro version of the PS4 is 250. If PS5 came out I could easily see it drop to 200 and people online would probably be selling their used ones for even less

looks like he's a farming tool.
>bonus vs revs
>bonuses to drops and luck

Die.

Tonfa stops being unsafe when they give us Kannagi. And the new gap closer is amazing.

I really wanted to try and go back to kusa or try and like the switchglaive. I made three characters in all both betas. But god damn it I can't stop using Tonfa. They're just made for me.

Nioh killed me more than DeS DaS 1-3 and bloodbrone combined. In Nioh you accept the inevitability that you're going to die. Where as in the souls trilogy you'll make a few mistakes, get stonewalled by a boss or two in the entire game and usually come out on top across multiple playthroughs.

But to say harder? I don't know. When you know what you're doing you can one shot even down into the last level of the abyss

Circles used as well in combination for your unsheath attacks. I'm wondering if we'll get the ability to double up on guardian spirits this time around. I wanna say that's probably not going to be a thing but who knows.

?

William > Sekiro

>Human enemies are eas-
>mfw the orstein and smough monks in the twilight mission

Attached: 1573174902531.jpg (657x526, 37K)

Pro might as well be the only PS4 console user. I wish it wasn't so and they didn't pull this upgrade faggotry, which they no doubt will double down on with PS5, but it's not worth to buy the basic one.

I never bought a used console. Do people usually have good luck with those? I bought a used PS2 controller last year but i kind have to for that system. Was in stellar condition, should have left feedback...

I never had too much of a problem with them.

-y

I wish it did something even passive though
like preventing Dark Realm Revenants from summoning in Yokai Shift

>you get slothed just as Biggie starts up his spin while Smalls is rushing towards you
I hate those two so very much

>Circles used as well in combination for your unsheath attacks.
I don't count that since you have to press another button + O to do something with it. O by itself has nothing to do with combat. I forgot to mention the button combo used to activate your living weapon too tho

Also yes there is official footage of people playing the likely final build mid-late game and they have access to 2 guardians spirits like in nioh 1 + a 3rd yokai skill (not including burst counter)

Oh man that's going to get absolutely hectic.

>Pro might as well be the only PS4 console user.
I've been using the base PS4 for 3 years dude. The only major thing you get out of the Pro is 4k and some games have slightly prettier graphics.

Alright, Sloth is still ez mode in Nioh 1. I didn't level up enough in the demo, is it balanced now?

no

It can be very annoying. The AI is fairly good at sticking together and doing attacks in tandem. It seemed like any time I would break the ki of the big ki the small one would immediately start attacking giving me no chance to get a grapple. Beating the small guy is a key but he's very good at dodging and conserving his ki and while you try to focus him, big dude starts winding up his giant axe attacks.

Also sloth nig

YES, I just beat Ryomen! Now I have an hour & change to explore other levels/twilight mission. woot

Sloth got balanced in the fact that it slid right off of enemies in WotN. Sloth this time around is still good but you need more of a stat investment to get good duration.

Probably also going to slide off in way of the nioh in this game too

The character models are too good. Even ugly character still look good.

Attached: Nioh 2 Last Chance Trial_20200301181728.png (1920x1080, 2.31M)

I love the tonfas
they're so bad for a weapon that makes no logical sense

>tfw you and your buddy get the high five timed perfectly

Attached: 1571621559475.jpg (500x488, 23K)

Holy kek

>I want to want yokai but I haven't slept in over a decade

qt

Attached: Nioh 2 Last Chance Trial_20200301181945.png (1920x1080, 2.05M)

>this is the man going on expeditions with every user's waifus

>the way you can earn Skill Points through just use is nice (Onmyo, Ninjutsu)
Is there any obvious hard limits on it? Like, besides the skills that are locked out by mission selection, is there anything stopping you from just resting, spamming shuriken at shit and repeating until you max out your ninja skills?

that skill menu looking hella suspect i know they'll be a final weapon

i'd like a whip

My only issue with the demo was the slow regen in the Yokai Realm. The game just slows down way too much, am I doing something wrong? I know there are passive buffs and talisman buffs for increased regen in the realm but they really shouldn't be necessary.

>humans enter a slasher mode charging you at the speed of light

Attached: 7ff.jpg (288x499, 56K)

I triedto make something interesting but I'm not very satisfied with the results.

Attached: Nioh 2 Last Chance Trial_20200301195751.jpg (1920x1080, 233K)

I want in this order

Fists(martial arts)>Gunslinger(dual pistols)>Whip>Club>Claws>Staff(Sitck)>Nunchucks

You can play Tic-tac-toe on this guy's face.

what's the H stand for

Attached: 1481585782382.png (293x270, 41K)

igimme that fucking club m8 i need to go FULL oni

Use yoki and slam the spear fuck

lol this AI can't handle ranged subweapons much less a ranged main one. What would Whip offer that Kusarigama doesn't? Or club that hammers don't?

dark realm is supposed to be tough my dude. also yes the first mission purposefully slows you down with the water, not exactly the best level to start off with if you're playing it for the first time

maybe 999999 (or one more 9) is the hard limit, but I think it's damage-based so it will take ages to reach it
you can probably get everything you want in the Ninjutsu and Onmyo trees without investing a single point into them, just that they would be weaker/shorter and you would have no capacity to carry multiples

Attached: Nioh 2 Last Chance Trial_20200302031129.jpg (1335x1080, 281K)

Is the weasel stage the first one? I had a hell of a struggle trying to kill him compare to agni/rudra and horse boss. Or did they made some weapon property changes compare to the first demo

Hinna.

>am I doing something wrong?
Yep. Assuming you don't want to use your passive buffs, onmyo magic, OR sacred water. Then you can use your yokai skills to recover a significant amount of ki while it's being activated. Yokai skills you should be using anyways because in the dark realm they practically battery your yokai shift.

I absolutely love the dark realm. Not least of all because of how impactful it is to movesets when shit gets new shit. From snake in the last beta getting more snakes, kamaitachi doing more spins, horse getting swole. But really if your'e having problem. Sacred water exists for a reason. It was unused by nearly everybody before, but now it's not worthless.

HOLY SHIT that spider samurai is a fucking SCUMBAG

>11 days left
The Official Nioh 2 theme song
youtube.com/watch?v=ec7JCwez5IY

Attached: fuku.jpg (760x1052, 91K)

Attached: Nioh 2 Last Chance Trial_20200301230415.png (1920x1080, 2.6M)

Switchglaive got a buff and dark realm got nerfed, I doubt weasel is going to be the first boss

just throw bombs back

Attached: đŸ’¥đŸ’¥đŸ’¥.jpg (648x874, 253K)

Attached: Nioh 2 Last Chance Trial_20200301230215.png (1920x1080, 2.63M)

I popped the smaller one with a rifle headshot and the rest of the fight went fine. Just focus down Smalls.

Where my oni niggas that survived the pre nerf dark realms?

Attached: tumblr_nwiqv9oOye1s02vreo1_250.gif (250x238, 1.99M)

>even the hat is mocking you
what an absolute unit

>wandering shrine maiden set heals when purifying
Holy shit this is so nice, I’m sure it drops of later but it recovers almost a quarter of your health for doing what you should do anyway

Just out scumbag the scumbag, you can start with a head shot into ground stab for instance.

Dark realms had way harder bosses in the last beta, the new ones are almost all crystals that die in a single heavy combo that also kills everything around it

This glorious motherfucker is the only boss fight I beat on the first try. Even dropped a rare set of his dual swords for me.

I decided not to counter when he starts to running on his charge grapple, only on the start up. That BS was insta-kill on me.

>Dodge grab
>wait for him to bomb himself
>combo him in mid air
ggez

He reminds me too much of Yakuza 0 Kiryu but it's too late to change that now. I just wanted to make a battle-hardened veteran.

Attached: Nioh 2 Last Chance Trial_20200301221637.jpg (1920x1080, 298K)

>lol this AI can't handle ranged subweapons much less a ranged main one.
As long as the pistols dont do crazy damage thats not a problem considering most enemies close distance pretty fast.

>What would Whip offer that Kusarigama doesn't?
Longer reach on most attacks but less damage overall.

>Or club that hammers don't
More unga oriented, grind enemies (its a spiked club), homerun swings.

Dual Hatchets are very redundant (the odachi is also kinda like that), but they can different enough with some creativity.

The very first prologue mission started you without Ki Pulse and stances for a reason. The tutorial is anything but minimal. Go to the Dojo and replay it.

Flux is the only way to get net gain
there should really be a dedicated Tutorial in the Dojo

Attached: flux.webm (1260x720, 2.25M)

>Dat jump.

How?

Yokai pools need a buff, I noticed it takes FOREVER for yokai to actually start regenerating health when they drop one, it's bullshit. I feel like when they spawn a yokai pool they should immediately get some ki back then it starts regenerating. yokai pool is just not that punishing and if anything, they're actually good because they give you a good amount of anima for purifying them

Couldn't really play this Last Chance demo until NOW because my life sucks.
Will I be able to rush it in under an hour?

Lol no. You won't even have finished making your waifu in an hour.

maybe. If you really want, just speed run to the boss which will be a little hard since you wouldn't know the path. I'll right up a quick guide to get to him if you want

If you played the first Nioh you should be fine, good luck.

hoomer

Doubt it, the game is artificial difficulty out the ass.

was this the extent of character customization? not enough accessories. looks like code vein remains king

I defaulted everything lol

Yeah I'm rushing it so a mini guide would be really helpful. Is the level lo Fer than the last demo?

>If you played the first Nioh you should be fine
tfw And I played nioh 1 recently before the beta

Thanks for the help, I was using an Odachi so I only got three swings in mid stance before I had to wait for most of my stamina to recharge. The crystal Yokai Realms are great, it's the enemies that create them that give me trouble.

Flux weapon switch attack is so fucking strong holy shit, i didn't realize how much you cripple yourself by not utilizing it.

>Play through Nioh 1 with A agility and Odachi four times.
>Died in 1 hit but learned to git gud without sloth or excessive cheese.
>All these conquered are crying they have to ki pulse now.
It is the time of the true samurai.

This demo felt a lot easier than the beta, but then again, I kind of brute-forced my way through the boss fights in the beta completely forgetting about burst counter. Liked the level design in the beta better, though. Also liking the variety of enemies they've shown off. Here's a girl I made, she's sort of cute I guess.

Attached: Nioh 2 Last Chance Trial_20200301200500.jpg (1920x1080, 268K)

Is it still up?

Use brute as a combo extender and mash the fuck out of him

Post code.

1 hour left

That's true, but it's only for skills at least. Also getting two Guardian Spirits that can equip three Soul Cores each are confirmed a thing

Dark Realm is so disgustingly forgiving now, all you have to do is Ki Pulse later a bit more often than never. Your Anima gain is also increased, Yokai Skills are powered up and whenever you use Yokai Skill or a Burst Counter (which costs 1 Anima, 0 Ki, and both can be cancelled into from anything) your Ki regens at the standard rate. Then the actual nerfs to it are that it recovers faster than before and there's a default passive that gives you a Ki regen buff for purifying a Yokai Realm while in there. And this is all on top of the unnecessary different effects and abilities. You were already potentially stronger in the Dark Realm, but now it's just faceroll time.

probably the gayest thing i have ever read on this website

Attached: 1580204804758.png (1055x808, 659K)

I want it back. I want it all back. I want to actually feel tension in the Dark Realm and satisfaction in turning it round on them. Not this pissweak impersonation.

Why?

I liked some of the nerfs from the Nioh Alpha to the Nioh beta but I'm really not feeling the nerfs for the Nioh 2 trial, it feels too extreme.

So this is your first post then?

>You were already potentially stronger in the Dark Realm, but now it's just faceroll time.
It was always faceroll in the dark realm. Three oni skills and you have your yokai shift. Which you were staying in until the oni fucking died as you smash confusion on him.

they fucked us again alpha bro

>one level will be an entire dark realm

Attached: orbs.jpg (720x629, 33K)

This. Can't I fucking fall into a coma and wake up on the 12th?

God I love 2kat, its still my baby. I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet but dual dragon definitely got a buff. Its much faster now. The new skill piercing wheel is actually pretty good too. Its like a pseudo parry kind of. The window for it is very large and its much easier to activate than a normal parry like the shrike or heavenly flow.

It felt distinctly easier than the beta test and I actually had fun in some places. But I'm scared the main game will still curbstomp me like the first one. I think I'll wait for some bigger sale

I'm gonna play Ace Combat 7, it's pretty fun even if it reminds me of X too much. Su-57 is fucking gay.

GOD
TIER
COMBAT

Based Conqueror poster.

>the 12th

>the game is set to be released for the PlayStation 4 on March 13, 2020.

Attached: 1558510259454.jpg (480x480, 19K)

BRING IT BACK

Attached: alpha_camera.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

I've also noticed how poor the Yokai Ki regen is, and I had predicted back in Beta that being able to deal Ki damage while they're in there now would be a gamechanger, but that nerf makes it ridiculous. Plus the heavier max Ki damage and Yokai Realms being way more lenient to purify, everything is just so watered down everywhere they can find it. Oh but except damage, oh no everything has to have more and more damage, randomness and anticlimax is just a myth.

Looks like a bimbo whore

Nah lol. One thing I wish is that the camera was just slightly closer to your character

Yeah, it's a bit silly. I feel like there should also be different types of yokai pools. Not just a general small circular pool. Some enemies, especially bosses are fucking huge and will move out of the pool very quickly.

I also feel like if they're not gonna make dark realm tougher for you, it should at least additionally buff bosses so they take no ki damage which re-enforces the use of yokai skills and burst counters to drain their max ki. idk

They might fix this stuff post-launch but idr them making anything harder or buffing enemies post-launch for nioh 1, only nerfing/buffing player stuff

>downloaded the demo and played for a bit before forgetting about it
>see this thread
>Oh shit it's march already
>No time left
Guess I wont be getting that Mark.

and it was so significant too

>twilight missions no longer look like absolute shit with retarded RED filter
Thank god, it was so fucking annoying. Enemy variety also was great in demo, unless they decided to put every single new enemy in those missions and we won't see much new stuff in the full game.
I REALLY hope they'll fix level cap. Insane shit like 99 of each stat is just dumb and retarded. It makes builds pretty much obsolete, doesn't give you a proper end goal, breaks the balance and loot system entirely. Make a proper level cap, like 100, don't make thousands of filler difficulty levels, make loot and crafting actually important and interesting and it can be an amazing sequel.

I live in Japan.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1214x1051, 214K)

>Destroyed all the Nioh demos with Wind Element 2kat low stance
>Destroyed Nioh with Wind Element 2kat low stance and kept at it after nerf
>Destroyed Nioh 2 demo with demon possessed 2kat low stance

Take my toys away and I'm still the poise destroying katana blender master race, Team Ninja played themselves.

Attached: Yutaro with snifter.jpg (640x360, 41K)

I don't like the new counter burst system. The 3 yokai forms also feel unnecessary.

lucky you, ken sama

Wait, you got something for beating it? Fug. I didn't want to put a lot of time into it, to wait for the full release. Just used character creator and played around in the first level. Just to feel the Nioh gameplay again. Oh well.

You can just buy it off JP PSN. You don't have to be in japan.

I also hope they would do something like that so that the last 2 or at least last difficulty is really rigorous
a gear level cap to maybe 150 would work

Is this Dark Souls 2? No wonder they changed it. What kind of retard wants to keep that?

So I spent two hours frustratingly fighting Ryomen Sukuna until I finally got him. Then Twilight Mezuki and the teaman took no time at all to spear.

What gives? Was Ryomen front loaded as a wall?

Use Burst Counters and Yokai Skills all of the time. Both can cancel anything. Burst Counters can stop the red attacks with proper timing based on which type you're using, but are also very effective general purpose abilities. Also Ki Pulse and use stances like always.

Yeah, it bloats the moveset and doesn't seem necessary. On the other hand I liked that you actually can counter some annoying shit now. A bit conflicted on this one.

Perhaps

Attached: Nioh 2 Last Chance Trial_20200301205913.jpg (1920x1080, 406K)

I'm pretty sure there were a couple of new non-boss enemies seen in the alpha and beta not seen here in the last chance trial.

>I had variety and different playstyles
Also I like bursts but they need to be made a little bit tougher and/or cost more anima to perform

>Insane shit like 99 of each stat is just dumb and retarded.
It was a lot higher than 99 and even with it's cap end game abyss builds were completely dominated by your stat spread. The only difference was that you had flex points so you could have shitty versions of utility jutsu and magic. The build of this game in the first two loops are all about your stats.

In the second to last loop it's 80% in your gear and the final loop your build is 100% in your gear. Things like scaling mattered a lot, building one shots dependent entirely on your choice of spirit and affixes, and builds were more diverse in the abyss than they were in all of Way of the Samurai due to the obscene level of variables.

Speaking of builds. WotS had the highest level of homogenization when it had the lower cap with everybody just wearing reds set because it had good damage and was acquirable early and you didn't need to think of things to make on your own.

You already had variety and different playstyles with the weapons they could have further expanded on. But instead you get that dumb shit that you are pretty much forced to use now.

the PC port of nioh 1 was really unoptimized, I hope Nioh 2 is much better because it's actually a game I'm interested

I've already got the Deluxe physical edition ordered. I played the beta and (alpha?) and it's more of the same what I enjoyed about Nioh. Looking forward to the actual release in a couple of weeks.

Don't have to use bursts if you don't want to. Yoki's flurry is the same shit and still generates the same yokail realm. If you don't want to burst don't bother. But you're going to because it has a huge payoff to doing so.

Where before you just dodged the attack and held the yokai realm because there was nothing better to do, now you have a counter to stuff it if you've got the timing.

>It's still up
hah I knew it went until 2 am
whoever called me out fuck you

>builds were more diverse in the abyss
That's cool and all but considering how game didn't have enough variety for one playthrough, playing it five fucking times and then going to Abyss is a little too much. I made it to WotN and dropped somewhere in the middle simply because I had enough. Endgame is completely broken, all you need is to find a higher level weapon on new difficulty and you melt everyone around you. There's a reason why ARPGs have a solid level cap for both character and gear, without it you lose the whole purpose of the build. You can just power through everything with OP gear.

That's why of all the potential changes I wanted them to make I suggested to reduce the Anima gain and make Burst Counter free.

I feel like they could have done better with the forms if they integrated them with the type of weapon you chose. The way it is now is less variety and pretty much everyone plays the same.

Is the tonfa shoryuken parry any good?

KEYBLADE

Now we're talking. They add a fucking lock on camera mode that turns off the camera following entirely, yet don't bring this back.
If the past is any indication, and it is, they won't go back on their mistakes ever because they can't figure out why their changes keep not having the intended effect, despite it being so blatantly obvious, and will instead dig themselves deeper and deeper, reaching for single changes in the hopes it will do some sort of good when the problem runs deeper..

>all you need is to find a higher level weapon on new difficulty and you melt everyone around you
that wasn't the case at all in WotN. Debuffs slide off of enemies, buffs got annihilated off of you because new enemy affixes introduced in Way of the Wise dispelled everything from protection to quickchange if they landed an attack, sloth slipped off of bosses, and confusion was harder to land.

More than that, in WotN weapon level and damage on weapons fell apart because all of your damage to scaled up enemies came in builds and ethereal set bonuses.

WotS and to a lesser extent, Way of the Strong were joke modes. The game really got going in Way of the Demon and way of the wise took away the exploits people used.

It still all falls apart if you know what you're doing though since the only real difference is that one shot thresholds were significantly higher and required far more optimized builds to hit, but were still hittable.

Living weapon forms were awful. Only two weapons got unique attacks and most of the weapons had a flat out worse moveset. The guardian spirit attack was almost always worthless, and the form itself was only used by the average player to super armor through attacks due to the extremely high forgiveness threshold for damage. Yokai forms I haven't formed a good enough opinion on. At a baseline I already like them more than living weapon because they come attached with entirely different movesets and require you to actually avoid attacks and use yokai skills.

I'll know how I feel about it later.

Yes. Great ki damage and it staggers humanoids. Not so much on yokai since they'll just super armour through your follow up and hurt you.

We are still live until 2 am pacific, anons there is still time!

If it's anything like Nioh, you get a dumb hat and maybe the smug sense of superiority over people who did not beat the demo if you're into that.

Ryomen's moveset is heavily designed to both appear more threatening and hard to dodge than it is which puts off continued aggression, and also to emphasize the use of the new mechanics. When you get just a little used to his moveset and the Yokai stuff, he becomes far more manageable and his health and Ki drops vastly quicker just like the others. Well, Hisahide's just depressing health wise.

Yeah, it's strange how the spear guy in the beta was tough and Muneshige was a real fucking wall for me, but Hisahide was too easy. I guess I just didn't fall for his tricks and get one-shot, maybe that's the gimmick?

Which weapon will go well with my 2kat?
Maybe switchglaive for some range?

Attached: 1582920282233.jpg (2894x4093, 977K)

tonfas 2bh

his entire fight is meant to be a big gimmick, yes. You're purposefully meant to die to gimmicks since he blows away your expectations. Once you know the gimmicks he becomes challenging in a fair way, not too tough but not too easy either.

I would go with with switchglaive if you want to fuck around with omnyo magic shit, or kusari-gama if you're into ninjitsu fuckery. Tonfas are pretty fuck but maybe the big dick damage and range of the Odachi would be more your thing. Or you could be boring as shit and go 1kat 2kat like I did in the first game.

switchglaivesux

Attached: 1374893329492.jpg (496x515, 79K)

Yeah he's one shot gimmick the boss. Even vastly overleveled he'll still one shot and laugh at you if he grabs you. Else he's a pushover who's only real threatening attacks are his living weapon spin, since that has a smaller window for parry before you eat shit from the final explosion.

Oh and his living weapon web field ain't no joke either.

He's a human with the now average Nioh shit tier defense stats and Yokai tier huge openings to deal damage on. Moveset wise he has a bunch of wacky gimmicks but just learning those isn't really why it's easy.

he's a gimmick fight for sure, also note the suggested level to fight him was like 14.

Pretty sure I killed him just as he activated living weapon. I feel like I really ruined the fight for myself completely on accident.

Attached: sorrow of the common man.png (281x260, 79K)

IZA

Every human enemy in Nioh is a complete joke, bosses included.
>1kat
>wait for high stance
>perfect parry
>knock them down with Tempest
>stab

Attached: Nioh 2 Last Chance Trial_20200302054409.webm (900x506, 855K)

looks like she has been sucking dick non-stop before the picture was taken

He doesn't go into full living weapon mode, he just activates it for a single attack as far i've seen. I mean it's RNG in general but when he activates his living weapon attack he does a straight line of big, fast explosions that insta kill. Once you know what it does it becomes incredibly easy to avoid

I'm not buying until Nyotengu is confirmed.

Attached: DOAX-VenusVacation_180928_005625.jpg (1080x1920, 587K)

Spear for poking or axe for the absolutely broken hard attack

youtube.com/watch?v=PUrdQPs6CoI&t=2m50s

>tfw horns kick in

Attached: 1331456114063.gif (397x360, 55K)

I wonder how many more times I'll have to explain this. The mission level on the map means absolutely nothing, it doesn't relate to any of your stats or gear, and only works as a general order of play to go by. The graves are an indicator of difficulty based on your current gear levels, but stats have an extremely limited effect on your damage output, though they give reasonable health gains.
That's the biggest problem with the way they've been balancing the game, it goes against everything the game is designed around mechanically. Maybe now people will actually start to take notice, but I doubt it.

youtube.com/watch?v=5bWP7X0v9bg
Still my favorite so far

>I wonder how many more times I'll have to explain this
no one gives a shit how many times you say anything

I find it funny that the spider themed bosses in both Nioh games are total pushovers. Well, at least Hisahide isn't quite Jorogumo tier!

Attached: hhhehehe.png (512x366, 444K)

Man I can't wait until this comes to PC. I've recently gone back to the first one's DLC, learning spear and I remembered how much I fucking love this game.

>overconvoluted bullshit control scheme
>impressive
sasuga Yea Forums

Yes that is in fact the issue, well done.

1 HOUR LEFT GO GO GO

Wait it just ended, my bad :(

It's fun while lasted, personally I'm on the fence if I'll buy it for ps4 or wait to see if PC gets a version with all the DLC again

Attached: 1583001155339.png (1320x1360, 1.85M)

Does nioh 2 still have the garbage loot system?

Yes

>that wasn't the case at all in WotN
Not him but that was the case all the way through the game to the end of the Abyss. Spending the time to optimise gear has a gigantic impact on the difficulty level of content and everything in the game can be overgeared. If you're stuck on something you just spend 30 mins in the Blacksmith. Gimmicks like Sloth disappear at later levels as resistances go up but raw damage never stops climbing. I agree with him that without any kind of plateau effect it's hard to find the motivation to care about gear when the game is a transient progression ladder.

Attached: TheToughBossOfFloor72.webm (768x432, 2.94M)

I like it, always liked it in Nioh 1 too.

Attached: D5CA62E4-D122-4562-8145-5BB02E8BA5D9.png (1024x576, 618K)

Needs a stronger chin, I think.

Attached: 6997D360-252E-41D4-9FD3-61F29BC846B3.jpg (2048x1152, 229K)

What's really impressive is the way each input is synergizes and makes sense. R1 controls Ki Pulsing, stance changing and general equipment adjustment, each stance is placed on the action it emphasizes, while all your Yokai options are placed on another button. All these and block and aim also being on the shoulder buttons lets you easily fit them into any other action like holding guard to make dodge instant to fix the overlap problem with dashing, then being able to aim your ranged weapon immediately during close combat. The change I could really consider is adjusting the ranged controls to either be more like the Nioh 1 Beta with separate buttons (R1+R2 maybe instead of the old square+triangle) to fire each ammo instead of a swap, or make a new setup where holding the button aims it and letting go fires, though that would get in the way of the instant sheathe tech.

That sucks. The first game was fine but the loot system is the only thing holding it back from being a great game. Guess im not getting this game.

Damn, this looks so much better. Current camera's angle is retarded.

A great idea for a Nioh hard mode would be a mode which reduces the item level of all gear dropped or crafted, then sets an upper limit for the highest level gear which can drop within a NG mode. Have the player hit the gear level cap a little after the halfway point for the game, then the rest of the game's progression is about finding the right rolls, optimising the best gear you have, inheriting stats and so on.

Attached: TheLeaderOfFreeJapan.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

>unsure of buying it

lol imagine buying a single player game.

How long before the PC version comes out? I really don't want to play on 1080 30fps.

Just get a PS4 Pro and play 1080p 60fps instead.

Attached: 1542193911477.jpg (1129x800, 523K)

it has co op and pvp

All weapons except Tofna and 2axe seemed great and fun.

That's what I want. I also want them to cut filler difficulties. There shouldn't be more than three honestly.
>first is relatively easy difficulty where you learn stages and movesets
>second is hard one where you learn the gear system
>third is extremely hardcore one where you reach level\gear caps and have to think about your build and your gear and be really good at avoiding damage
I'd even merge first two but I guess some people would whine a lot.

What will be his Amrita be when you fight him and Shingen as Nioh's Orstein and Smough?

Attached: Kenshin_Uesugi_SW4_Artwork.jpg (560x799, 764K)

What are the chances of divine gear and the special sets in the base game? I want my +1000% damage to unarmed and stone sets back.

Did they fix tonfas in 2?

Is it any different to Nioh 1? I didnt really like the first game due the game being repetitive and stopped at the Yamata no Orochi fight.

it's the same game with more enemies, expanded movesets, more weapons and a few new mechanics that change up how you approach enemies. And new levels of course.

Well, judging by demo they added a lot of new enemies so we at least should have better enemy variety. Outside of that, I don't think the game is very different. The visuals are a bit better, atmosphere is more consistent, first game had AWFUL atmosphere with absolutely retarded stage music. Now it's a bit better.
It's more of a Nioh 1.5 than 2 tbqh.

nah still worst

I'm replaying Nioh, currently doing the Wreathed in Flames mission (first Japan map, kill some wheelmonks) and bloody hell. Did they break the AI in a patch or something?
Enemies and revenabts are being really dumb, walking and buffing into flame patches, not avoiding crumbling roofs. What happened? If they can't reach you and happen to fall into flames they'll sit there until death.

DARKNESS

Attached: Nioh2 Darkness.jpg (3840x2160, 495K)

November or December. That is the same timeframe as the first going from PS4 to PC.

While it's not awfully interesting I'd say I'm happy with how he turned out overall, spent a decent time trying to recreate him since I lost the sliders from the Beta, but I may keep tinkering with it once the game comes, maybe touch up the jaw a bit, Idk.

Does anyone have that image of the Charles II character?

Attached: Demo final de Nioh 2_20200301095943.jpg (3840x2160, 483K)

I was quite surprised by the music in this one. Sounded a bit batman-y and quite nice.

>Tonfa
>not fun

Renegade Dragon makes my penis become the big penis

Attached: 5e0.jpg (1060x1200, 111K)

You people weren't kidding when you called it Z-Targetting camera. It's pretty cool.
Tbh, they could add a Alpha-like mode that makes it closer to this build since they're so keen on adding multiple difficulties.

You've been down to the bottom of the abyss?

You need to make her eyes less vibrant so that the makeup can actually compliment them.

>Debuffs slide off of enemies, buffs got annihilated off of you because new enemy affixes introduced in Way of the Wise dispelled everything from protection to quickchange if they landed an attack, sloth slipped off of bosses, and confusion was harder to land.
Sounds like the game was rigged against Onmyo from the start. The Shadowround patch being another nail on the coffin.

I think the chin is reaching the limit of looking reasonable, keep making it bigger and you could break it again.

Tonfa baseline damage is up. Tonfa gun damage is down. Tonfa can do damage without being a slave to tonfa gun. So it's good all around this time. Damage is still on the lower end in comparison but it's still the easiest weapon to apply confusion or ailments and it's ki damage is still high as hell, so there's that.

Onmyo didn't have an identity outside of just buffing shit and it's damage was pitifully low. The thing Nioh 2 did good out of the gate is letting it do more damage and having gear boons for confusion out of the gate. As if they actually listened to the feedback from Nioh 1 or something on how weak as shit Onmyo felt towards the lower levels.

Ninjutsu got to hang out with the big boys because it's damage even after the nerfs was still high as shit, so you could use it in place of your one shot Iai Katana on floors 800-999 of the abyss and it'd not feel ass. But trying to Onmyo the Date Sanada double made me want to kill myself.

Do you think Guardian Bond will be tied to Astral Wisdom?
I really like that one of the stats is tied to leveling outside the level system itself, by finding yokai cores and advancing the story.

enough with weapons, rate burst counters and why is feral the best?

Hatchets are fun though.

Does Onmyo really do decent damage now? From what I saw, granted I didn't make a build dedicated to it, it seemed a bit underwhelming. Specially the flashier stuff like the not-Soul Arrow.
Seems to me like it's still going to be playing second banana to Ninjutsu.

Is Piercing Rain (Spear's multi stab skill) good? Seems like it locks you in place for way too long.

It was mediocre in first game and given that Stability Chidori seems to be back according to the jap who saw spear mystic art on one of the streams, it will get directly outclassed by that move.

it pushes small shitters back so no problem and I found that most damage windows re big enough to get away with it. But given how a simple hard attack from switchglaive does the same damage it is meh.

>But given how a simple hard attack from switchglaive does the same damage
To be fair that's probably the best high stance strong in the game right now

the other high stance specific combo ender is much faster and deals just as much damage

Yes. I made a dedicated build with every single point in onmyo and as many onmyo boons as I could and was able to three shot yokai with fireballs. Fire familiar itself was also very clearly buffed and each of those fireballs was equal to a single fire shot, which itself wasn't a joke anymore with that many points dedicated to it.

They did a good job bringing it up to snuff. The fact that onmyo buffs can be extended to allies is also a pretty damn good trade, as that means that you can quite literally keep your hosts from getting one shot now (or your own phantom summons if you're a solo player)

The damage is a nice bonus

will be nerved I think. Last item I tried I chipped half the bosses health away before he used his first burst

Attached: 1520869461286.png (1000x1000, 49K)

Wait, can you use burst counter as a completely free dodge which can be used out of everything?

Attached: 14721047003320.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

I think I'm going to run Kusa/Glaive

>free
it costs anima but yes, phantom/feral help out Axe considerably since it can cancel out of heavy commitments now.

>or your own phantom summons
What do you mean? It's not visitors, is it?

the friendly revenants

Phantom > Feral > I forgot the name of the red one

>there was a third boss fight in this beta

Shit, I didn't realise. I thought the twilight mission was just the same mission again. Consider me conquered.

Horsecock was more like a miniboss

It's fine, the boss was easy as piss anyhow.
I'm surprised you didn't stumble upon it if you tried co-op.

The biggest things standing in the way of a somewhat faithful Alpha-like mode are the lock on movement and camera, the Ki stagger happening on overspent Ki, the mildly higher Ki damage taken on hit, and the enemy pursuit aggression and numbers. The rest can be somewhat covered by options in the game which happen to make the game play far better, wooden weapons come with an innate Ki damage increase and damage decrease, Weaken Melee Weapons (as long as it's still in at a similar % chance) is an effect for weapons that evens out the damage of most enemies quite smoothly, and even the numbers thing can in part be helped with Expeditions, though the ones in the Trial didn't do nearly enough. The issue is whether they'll actually make wooden weapon not stupidly hard to get and mostly only available at the end of the first difficulty, but it's the closest thing to being a solid damage reduction that still levels with you and has something to offer so it feels like like just gimping yourself.

the enemies chasing you is what i miss from the alpha
now you can just run behind a corner and they stop chasing you

It's good. It does high damage and the fact it locks you in place makes it fill an important niche in heavy damage on stationary open targets that are too low for Chidori with Stability.
Spearfall's damage is nowhere close to Piercing Rain's outside of the knockdown shit, which isn't damage from the skill itself and is only for humans.

Do you people think Nioh 2 will make the first one obsolete?

Already did. It'll be impossible to return to non-existent enemy variety and those ugly looking twilight missions from first game.

More less yeah, 2 is basically a refined version of 1 with more systems and content
I could see some people not liking things added in 2 or changes 2 made to systems that were present 1 though

>fight his enemies like a man
Oh you mean cursing them with Sloth and weakness.

>onmyo for first run on Nioh
>damage was shit
>try onmyo on Nioh 2 demo
>damage was slightly better
>try bomb tree in ninjutsu
>elemental skills with heavy ki damage and damage
>ninjutsu was better at onmyo than onmyo

Attached: 1578986663573.jpg (1015x949, 66K)

switchglaive does shit damage compared to literally everything else too

But it’s the most fun.

High stance stagger was pretty good, had a lot of fun using it, but it was not optimal at all

>being magic virgin in a game for melee chads

Attached: 14128785115954.jpg (200x200, 12K)

I use my bow and gun for damage

You mean Sekiro can't use the big sword at all other than in scripted sequences?

>a game for melee chads
>when throwing a knife at your opponent's back is the strongest thing you can do

SG outdamages nearly everything but reaper and iai spam

Can't wait. I only beat Ryumen because I wanna save most of the game for release.

You can use it with the combat art Mortal Draw which is super good. Ignore Ichimonji shitters.

Attached: Nioh 2 Last Chance Trial_20200229174547.jpg (3840x2160, 1.06M)

>surprised people that call themselves TEAM NINJA made Ninja arts way better than pleb monk magic

The only way to use it is by assigning the combat art.
Which reminds me about a HUGE flaw of Sekiro's combat system, the fact you can't assign multiple combat arts
I loved the game but i still don't understand what the fuck they were thinking

Nioh is an overall better game.

Tell me about Wild Lions.
For the only Tonfa L1 + [ ] skill it doesn't seem that good.

Don't make me laugh. Sekiro is much better game. Nioh is a clusterfuck mishmash of different ideas and mechanics and only works because of decent combat and lack of proper action games on the market.

No, you went in with your own preconceived notions for what you wanted Onmyo to do, and because it didn't seem like you could do that as easily as you thought you decided it was shit instead of looking at what it was actually good for. Onmyo is and has always been support focused with a wider range of elemental infliction, buffs and debuffs for your actual weapons to take advantage of.

you sound like a faggot, go be a healslut in another game

It does decent damage especially on bigger targets though high stance combos can do similar or better on smaller ones, has reasonably wide range, hyper armour, doesn't move off axis or through enemies much so works well on static targets, and most importantly is one of the most convenient skills to use with Kannagi for instant Demon Dances.

I used it for Element apply and pressure
it tanks hits

Onmyo is described as using the elements to combat yokai, the fact that ninja elemental skills are better at it is stupid, and most other offensive onmyo skills are shit as well.
The skill that buffs your weapon and sends a showave from strong attacks lasts like 10 seconds and adds next to nothing in terms of damage, same with most other onmyo skills sadly with a few exceptions.

Redpill me on Tofna. I stopped Nioh 1 before dlc was out

You buy Kannagi, you become an attack cancelling machine.

New additions are great. I'm getting it on release for sure.

To expand on this a bit. The tonfa is based around dealing high Ki damage but somewhat lower actual ealth damage, to do this it makes use of combos that can feel drawn out, but to compensate it has skills to turn a Ki Pulse into an instant dodge, from which you can unleash Pulverize, which is a fairly strong attack.
Now, you see, both Mystic Arts are about favouring the Tonfa's combo potential, Apocalypse makes you stronger as you chain hits, and Kannagi allows you to cancel any tonfa skill whenever you please into the Ki Pulse dodge. And with it fun begins.

Ninjutsu's new elemental skills are not better at it, and outside of fire are the only options they have for any kind of elemental ailments, whereas Onmyo not only has several for every element that are all good at doing so, it also has options for inflicting Purity which Ninjutsu cannot do. The beams from that skill attack alongside your strong attacks and also do extremely high Ki damage, and anything that seems like it lacks on damage (nothing in these games lacks in damage in the grand scheme of things) makes up for it with significant elemental infliction. And again, this is besides the several buffs and debuffs available many of which could be considered broken each in their own way.

Come on user, I went to all the effort typing out.

Broad strokes aren't that great when speaking about one weapon in particular.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I WANT TO PLAY NOW

Attached: 1404720816417.jpg (1000x740, 167K)

>14 more days

Attached: 1563605565802.jpg (1200x1200, 126K)

>comes out Friday
Neat but how can I concentrate at work?

>14

Attached: confused anime girl6.jpg (1080x1636, 205K)

A broad stroke is the most of what he asked for, and that still covered everything important except Mystic Arts which the reply chain gets into. Now if he has any actual specific questions he can ask them and I can answer them like I already did for the Wild Lions one.

Oh for some reason I was sure it would be in 2 weeks. Maybe I mixed it up with some other game?

I like to dash in fast, deliver punishment and fall back.
Suggest me weapons and burst counter

It's out in less than two weeks.

Tonfas legit have a move to dash towards your opponent out of a dodge now. And there's no need to fall back when everything is cancellable into a dodge.

will try it out and see if it is more fun than 2kat.
Alsos econd weapon will be switchglaive. Playing whack a mole heavy high stance is stupidly fun

Attached: 76377644_p0.jpg (1366x2048, 1.49M)

Hatchets, Tonfa, Kusarigama and Feral. All three are reasonably fast, with Tonfa being the fastest, but the other two have more options at range which means that if you do fall back (you shouldn't be unless you absolutely have to) then you can continue swinging even from far out. Feral comes with a dodge, don't really need to say any more other than emphasize how useful cancelling into Burst Counters in general play can be.

PC release on the same date, right?

kek

I swear, you people don't read.
As has been said time and time again, no. There's no word on a PC version yet, but it will happen eventually.

Uh...yeah.,..sure...

Attached: 879789.jpg (601x508, 31K)

Oh no no no you can now check how often you died to something...

that was in the first game

That was already in the first game. And it's still pretty useless because someone who actually wants to git gud will focus on learning the ins and outs of how best to handle each attack, which is a process that facilitates dying.

Oh... I have a Pro actually but fuck Nioh on console. Game still has stuttering issue and looks super muddy with that dynamic resolution. I also still salty by PC release of first game. I bought it on PS4 with all DLCs just 2 weeks before PC announcement and it was three times cheaper on PC as well.

Really? I know you can see a summary of causes of death, but can you see how many times each individual enemy has killed you?

and damage and such

Attached: Nioh 2 Last Chance Trial_20200301154303.jpg (1920x1080, 359K)