Before I buy this game what problems does it have that will never be fixed that I should be aware of...

Before I buy this game what problems does it have that will never be fixed that I should be aware of. Seems every multiplayer shooter these days is a completely broken piece of shit these days but I just want to play something.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

Please respond.

The PC version can have issues with shadow and texture corruption when playing for extended periods, especially in ground war, however generally speaking the PC port is great with a wealth of menu accessible options and it runs extremely well.

The total file size is enormous and so are the updates.

In Australia (possibly other regions) the servers suffer from intermittent packet loss on occasion.

Some weapons (725 shotgun) are grossly overpowered.

The in game weapon stats don't reflect their actual values in the files, this also goes for attachments.

Matchmaking doesn't keep lobbies together after a game is finished (apparently this is being addressed in a future update)

Skill based matchmaking also doesn't work correctly as it only takes your score from the previous 5 games into account, so you get strings of total sweat lobbies and potato heads back to back with nothing in between if you're reasonably skilled since SBMM will shift your rank too dramatically after an exceptionally good or poor game.

Some players don't like the maps

In spite of all this I'd still recommend it if you're after some casual multiplayer, it has excellent core shooting and movement mechanics and a shitload of different modes and the universal crossplay ensures all of them are populated.

Thanks for the exhaustive list, usually I just expect "no it's shit," or "no it's great," responses.

>so you get strings of total sweat lobbies and potato heads back to back with nothing in between if you're reasonably skilled
Yeah, this is pure fucking hell at times, feels as if the game isn’t trying to find balanced matches but to place you in matches where you’re predestined to win or lose. Ironically, older CoDs with no SBMM had generally more even matches.

>The PC version can have issues with shadow and texture corruption when playing for extended periods
Mine has them 24/7. Shadows are always checkerboards and LOD textures load the wrong texture half the time. I've reinstalled and it still happens

Oh, and how balanced/unbalanced are the weapons? Can you still run weapons that aren't top-tier or should you just go home if you don't have certain loadouts? I'm not interested in any ranked modes, just wanna get stoned and lose 4 hours of my life like MW2.

most maps are shit
spawns are shit on all maps
devs are trying to balance guns but ending up with some guns that just work better instead of making everything OP like MW2 did

>that optic

Attached: 1549221317117.jpg (531x427, 32K)

The vast majority of weapons are usable, it just suffers from the usual CoD problem where your basic shoots-pretty-fast-yet-is-accurate rifle is the best weapon for pretty much everything, in this case meaning M4.

you still have to grind for 4000 hours to unlock sights for every single gun
play a JRPG if you want to grind

Nothing as bad as Akimbo 1887's but the meta strongly favours fire rate and ADS time, so it's very difficult to play LMG's and low ROF weapons effectively even geared for the lowest possible ADS time.

Guns that shoot from an open bolt also have a trigger delay which makes them non-competitive too.

How bad are the maps shit though?
Seems like this is a problem with most CoD games.

Again, not looking to do super well, just have something to grind and do okay but not fantastic in. Siege is okay in quickplay but there are just too many issues and I'll have to uninstall it to install Modern Warfare.

Core problems that will never be fixed are pretty much the maps in general. Almost all of the maps are complete garbage that are badly designed. There are so many random objectives, small alleys/hallways, and windows everywhere that no matter where you are on the map there is AT LEAST 3 different angles someone can kill you, meaning that you will die A LOT because you simply cannot scout every spot at once, you look left you'll die from the right, you look right you die from behind etc.
Spawns are also awful and enemies can and will spawn literally directly behind you.

It sucks dude. You get thrown into a new lobby after every game. No more talking shit to the guy just just trashed up. I'm honestly in awe at how badly this franchise has been handled.

most of the time im like ahhh fuck its THIS MAP some maps are less shit though.

picadilly is sightlight shitfest

aniyah palace or whatever is just too god damn big for even a 10v10

then they added shipment with WORSE spawns that the original and they altered the map

RUST was always bad

It's ok for a COD game, honestly. Well, other than the cancerous battle pass and microtransaction shit that pervade it at least. Feels better to play than the series has in like 15 years though, for whatever that's worth.

With the hardcore/realism modes, practically every weapon is usable because the amount of damage needed to kill is so much lower.

Well it's either this or Siege or Tarkov. Is it better than those two games?

Tarkov is a battle royale, it's a completely different style of game.
Siege is also very different, the pacing is much slower and there's a much larger emphasis on map knowledge/control.
If you just want to run and gun, pick up CoD.
If you want something a bit slower and more thoughtful, go with Siege.
If you have brain damage, Tarkov.

kek you are fucked

this game has made me the most mad of any CoD, dying over and over is one thing but the constant ear rape though

ENEMY PRECISION AIR STRIKE COMING BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

Never played Tarkov so i can't say. Between Siege and CoD though i guess it depends what you're looking for in a game. Are you looking to play strategically and try to outplay and outsmart people? That's what Siege is, or what it's supposed to be anyway.
Do you just want to go on killing sprees in a shooter? Then play CoD. Despite what some retards online would say, CoD is truly just a casual shooter it requires no skill it never has, it's easy and fast paced and everyone dies in 3 bullets, or one shotgun shell.

Personally i found CoD to be way more enjoyable.

Play Apex

Try using the Boost High audio preset.

It also makes footsteps louder.

Tarkov is just Russian scam shovelware and Siege is dead. Ubisoft jumped it over the shark and then ran it into the ground as hard as they could. Would have easily been my recommendation over COD but in the last year or two they have utterly fucked it and I can't now.

>spawn
>get shot DUMMMMMMMMM AHHHHHHHHH sound
>BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
>ENEMY VTOL INCOMING
>PSHHH POW POW POW
>BRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

If you don't have a dedicated crew to play with, MW is SUBSTANTIALLY more fun than Siege or Tarkov.

Tarkov is really poorly balanced, especially for solo players and it also runs like shit even after the big engine update.

I actually used to play Siege competitively and don't consider it playable with randoms.

you forgot
>PS4 kids on the mic screaming NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER
i love it, this is how cod should be

>babies crying in the background
>HEY BITCH YOU BETTA SHUT DAT KID UP

>Dog barking in background
>Heavy breathing and the occasional chewing of food
>Never actually says anything

>hiphop playing in the background but nothing else can be heard

Reminder that Modern Warfare 2019 charges you $25 to be able to have dismemberment

and only for two guns

They ban you if you improve so be careful about getting too good too quick

I'm autistic and the only people that will play Siege with me all hate me so I guess I'll just play MW.

Siege's literally at the best spot it's been in years, though. The only heavy issues the game has right now are some questionable balance changes, the cancer community that'll never go away (and is still miles ahead from what you'll find in games like CoD or CSGO) and some minor bugs like certain objects not breaking and some bullet holes effectively not showing up for some unlucky players.
Like seriously, how did they "fuck up" the game? Y1 fags always pretend the game wasn't a broken mess back then and the basic bitch aesthetics somehow justified the legit piece of shit the game was back in the day. Like stop being dishonest and following a stupid contrarian narrative for the sake of it, dog, seriously. It's just sad at this point.
Anyways, it's also the best game out of the three. Even played casually it's far more fun and engaging.

>scar-h

look how they massacred my boy

just know if you have an intel CPU you might suffer a CPU usage bug like the one on Siege

I'm used to shit performance at this point, I'm still on Haswell.

I would play both but both games are fucking massive and even though I have 2TB of space I can only afford to keep one game installed at a time.

I have a credit card with no APR for 14 months and no concept of financial planning so that's fine.

Yikes. Damage control shill.

Yeah, it's a pain in the ass.
CoD is the biggest of the three.
That's the best you can do? lmao

sounds like a hardware problem or your settings are on minimum

False, weapon mods unlocks are pretty fast

At least the UI is (mostly) clean for once.

Nope. Ultra settings and it's the only game that gives me issues

Is it even possible to get into a COD game over a month after launch?

Tarkov is more of a mix of survival game and milsim, but heavier on survival.
Seige is basically a MOBA at this point.
Of those, CoD is more of a traditional casual shooter.

>kid heavy breathing on mic
>"Stop breathing... forever please"
I fucking hate that open mic fucking kids eating their mics disgusting

They actually changed it so that lobbies are kept together now.

I can't fucking play Siege for my life since it's only Attackers and Defenders. I fucking hate the camp heavy bullshit and pixel killholes. Then when you die a retarded death, you wait for a million years for the next round for you to "take it slowly" and get "outplayed" by a Glaz "watching this angle". Rewards people who nolifes the goddamn game.

Personally I just have my kindle right next to my desk when I play siege, so if I die I can just shrug and go read a book until the next round.

That's why you get 2 drones each, the real challenge of siege is coordinating with everyone else.

I have a lot of fun getting baked and playing shipment and other small maps. They always have a playlist up.

It is surprising decent. There aren't any HUGE issues that haven't already been brought up in the thread but overall the quality is there. Honestly, my biggest complaint is that the spawns can be garbage on many of the smaller maps

>still thinking the 725 is OP

Yeah, Shipment and Rust are both kind of a mess. I'd rather they didn't bring the maps back at all of that's how they're going to do it.

It doesn’t fucking work for a lot of people right now since the season 2 update. There’s currently no fix or work around right now

If you're peeking long angles as a defender (even as rook or doc) your death is 100% on you, partly due to how the game works fundamentally (attackers always have the advantage, you're supposed to use the map and your gadgets to counter that) and partly due to how netcode works.
Rounds are just 3 minutes anyways, they're really not too long especially since deaths almost always happen once you get 1 minute or less on the clock.
I can totally get just dying over and over being frustrating as fuck, though. Siege can both get fun or really fucking frustrating once you become somewhat proficient at it, mostly because of what said

Yes, paid DLC is all cosmetic. Weapons unique to the Battlepass are earnable through normal play in the next season. Maps and special game modes rotate weekly. Also I'm pretty sure every weekend is double XP in some capacity (player or weapon XP).

Call of Duty will never have good spawns in multiplayer. The eternal problem of the franchise. The game is mostly fine besides that.

They balance for SnD first, the other modes are supplementary.

However the spawn flip system they used to have for respawning modes was much better than what they do now, barring the times you got a team that knew how to exploit and they'd just trap you in spawn.

I just play Quick Play because I don't have friends to do Unranked or Ranked with but I seem to be pretty good at that. But I'm wondering if Call of Duty would better for that style of play. It's unfortunate I can only have one installed because the thing that's fun about Rainbow Six is the pixe; peeks even though they can also be frustrating. It feels badass to dome someone that you heard through the wall. Call of Duty is more "run-shoot-run-shoot-run-shoot-die-respawn-run-shoot" shooting at center mass by people who are completely exposed (at least it was back when I played it) and that has its own appeal.