Fallout 3 was a good game and i'm tired of pretending it's not on Yea Forums

Fallout 3 was a good game and i'm tired of pretending it's not on Yea Forums

Attached: 1581414315993.jpg (680x725, 183K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/22370/discussions/0/828937546147175081/
youtube.com/watch?v=tZqeq1YWSUM
fallout.gamepedia.com/Fallout:_New_Vegas_quests
fallout.gamepedia.com/Fallout_3_quests
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_3
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_76
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ok

Wasn't as good as NV. The gulf between them is too vast to ignore.

Attached: 1357968603041.jpg (784x509, 259K)

Call me crazy, but i prefer fallout 3 to 1,2 and NV.
fallout 1 and 2 has great atmosphere and dialogues, but outdated controls and complex to get into.
But fallout 3 had the best pacing and ease me into game, with a strong objective, to find your father.
Meanwhile, NV is simply go do your own thing and wander around. Not to mention the bugs turning me off.

Fallout 3 is shit and you're retarded
No (you) will be awarded.

All fallout games are shit.

You sound like a nostalgia faggot user. It's obvious 3 was your first game.

isn't it the opposite?
It's you guys that are nostalgia for 1 and 2 because it's your first fallout games.
When clearly it's so much different than 3 and NV.
So it's very logical to like 3 and NV but not 1 & 2.

I've played all of them, like 4 the most and can tell you 3 is shit. NV is also shit, fuck you Yea Forums

havent went back to FO3 since I played it about a year after it came out, i remember it being really fun/good but also remember NV having more "soul" if you will

This is my last (You). Take it.

end you're life right now nigger

false, kill yourself

I think a lot of the things I like about it might have been unintentional, I like how empty it can feel, I like how easy it is to die in the beginning, it creates a great lonely and dreadful atmosphere.

Just dump charisma and pump agility and intelligence. Take Gifted. You now have a powerful build for 1 and 2. Fallout 1 and 2 are probably the easiest classic wrpgs to get into. The combat and mechanics are super simple and most combat is literally just clicking on the enemy until it dies.

based

>the bugs turning me off

Scared of the big bad cazadore user?

3 was first and I liked.
NV had the best factions(I don't remember the world that much though).
4 had a lot of dumb fun with character builds(worst factions and story though).
I tell myself I'll play Fallout 1 and 2 someday.

Why was joker so fucking feminine?

Thats what happens when you are raised by a single mom

>all these buttmad Obsidiots
lmao every time

>Everyone that liked F3 is a sad mentally ill clown
Sounds about right

lol you figured out the secret code user, based

>4 and 76 were so bad that 3 looks "good" in comparison
Sad.

>Yes
>Sarcastic Yes
>Angry/Sorrowful/Persuasive Yes
>No (Yes)
Gunplay improvements aside, the game looks like shit and the dialogue options are disgustingly linear. RuneScape has more dialogue options than that shit game

None of the fallout or elder scrolls games are good. They all look and feel like half finished games with a bunch of useless features thrown in.

3 was something cool

NV just straight up rode Bethesda's curtails with the engine and assets, and plagiarized the modding community for any changes; while blowing most of the budget on celebrity VAs

NV isn't bad at all but it's more like dlc then a sequel

If you think fallout 3 is bad just remember youre a newfaggot and dont know how good it was on release

3 is okay but NV is better

>liking fallout 3
>liking the fact it crashes for no fucking reason all the god damned time AND with NO fix at all
BOY HOWDY I SURE DO LIKE CRASHING EVERY TWO MINUTES TO TWO HOURS

Fallout 4 is the best.

>NV isn't bad at all but it's more like dlc then a sequel
It literally a sequel to Fallout 2
Most of the story is ripped straight from Van Buren aka the cancelled Fallout 3

Fallout 3 wasn't bad, but really, it didn't have much staying power and wasn't refined nor all that great. When you're sandwiched by Oblivion, jank ass shit but memorable, and New Vegas, which was just better designed on every front aside from subjective ideas about tone and setting, you plain look bad by comparison.

F3 is a good game, New Vegas is just better in almost every way (with the notable exception of being buggier at launch).

Tranquility Lane is still one of my favorite quests ever in a RPG.

Attached: Fallout - Betty - Tranquility Lane.jpg (1366x854, 178K)

wtf are you talking about there is a fix you dumb turbonigger.

steamcommunity.com/app/22370/discussions/0/828937546147175081/

Trolling used to be a art

>pretending
We're not pretending. It's a shit game.

>oh look, a clown, this surely represents me and my opinions
lol

That's some interesting revisionism.

NV was a good game, but it will never capture the soul and feel of Fallout 3.

Metro Exodus is a better Fallout game than Fallout 3.

go look it up zoomer faggot. critics praised it and these were critics, not (((critics))), being resetera forum mods who work at Kotaku. Literally everyone liked FO3 and then NV came around and they liked it even more. The consensus was NV was better but FO3 was still good.

>Fallout 3 was a good game and i'm tired of pretending it's not on Yea Forums

This, but Undertale instead, and unironically.

Fallout 3 was my first Fallout game and I was in love with it, but after playing the first Fallout I realized how that game wasn't really on par with the original work. Also, I hate gamebryo with a passion.

noooooooo my RGB ZOOMZOOM meme machine cant run an old game with my 300000 core setup and liquid cooling nooooo it must be bad!

Spotted the zoomer

Attached: k0IGUXxg.jpg (728x678, 50K)

t. can't get fallout 3 to run either

>set in Washington DC
>no pedophiles or child sex slaves
Way to kill the immersion Bethesda

>being such a brainlet that can't use a search engine to find a god damn fix

Attached: 7v6ehkwwem431.jpg (1155x919, 91K)

I’ll tell you this Yea Forums, not every game is awful

Attached: 486F1359-1D99-4245-ADAE-2D887A2EA69E.jpg (640x477, 28K)

>too young to remember Oblivion with guns
My poor little revisionist zoomzoom.

this

>how good it was on release
Nigger that was a buggy fucking mess and only normalfags and game jounros praised it

>newfags don't even remember No Mutants Allowed anymore
I'm literally turning to dust at my keyboard reading this shit.

3 is better for atmosphere
NV is better for story

>3 is okay but NV is better
I would hope so, since it is 3 but with mods and a better writing team.
Modern Obsidian couldn't make half the game they made back then though.
Truly a gem in the rough.

Attached: meke me nerd.jpg (640x480, 53K)

4 had the best Power Armour, and no one can tell me otherwise. Yeah the thing with the power cores was actively going against established lore, but fuck it, it was a decent mechanic. if only they gave the system more depth and complexity.

Attached: q5A6bgN.png (730x731, 617K)

Is this an enemy stand?

Yeah it did, it really made you feel like a walking tank instead of a stat+ gear item.
I really have to go back to finish it one of these days, still the only Fallout game I quit on and never finished.

Attached: cantstoptherock.gif (500x374, 752K)

no danks hothead.

that quest was boring af, and not even the best pedo bait in the game

Power armour is a about prefference to aesthetics, personally I don't like Beths redesing and prefer the Tb-51 because to looks like a military outfit

so op, what you're trying to say by this image is that you like fallout 3 because you're a mental disable clown?

The whole series is trash.

NV's overworld was.. kind of weak. But easily the best writing of the first person installments.
3's overworld is better IMO. more to do.

Why was he gay in this scene.

>3's overworld is better IMO. more to do
You mean more enemies to shoot since the game is just a shooting gallery

You just have to add the 'games for windows' xlive.dll into the main folder. The game runs amazing.

Attached: fallout3.png (912x670, 115K)

Its surreal and weird and interesting. I agree they could have structured the quest a little better but it was a unique experience and that scores it a lot of points in my book.

Attached: New Vegas Opinions.jpg (768x614, 67K)

Attached: 1581305029755.jpg (660x660, 69K)

this, but for fallout 4.

New Vegas > 2 > 1 = 3 > Tactics > 4

>Pretending on Yea Forums
It's an anonymous board. You don't have to pretend anything. Say you like what you like and you don't what you don't. Who the fuck cares?

>get to the chamber without ever using rad-x or radaway and with a radiation suit in inventory
>fawkes refuses to fucking go in
>fine okay I'll do it
>take 5 minutes to die in front of everyone
>any of them could have saved me at any time by opening the door

Fallout 3 had random events, which would have made New Vegas 5x better by introducing some moment to moment dynamism to the overworld.

>Meanwhile, NV is simply go do your own thing and wander around.
No it's not, at least not like the first third of the game.
It very much leads you down a specific path, find the guy who shot you, hell then the game becomes all about finding the chip and picking who to help win the war, it is not about doing your own thing at all really.

That doesn't change 3 from being shit. Mechanically NV was a direct upgrade from 3, so even attributing everything else to personal taste it is objectively inferior

I don't understand you, I really don't. What do you even like about 3? The environments were all dull and samey, the story line was meaningless, it might as well be 4 cause it had about as much ability to character craft as 4.
Here's what I don't get, what thing hasn't been suplanted by a game before or after.

Based. New Vegas was shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=tZqeq1YWSUM

Honestly if they make fusion core more scarce to find but make it last just like the lore, I can get behind that. Or just make it you have to complete a certain quest late in the game to gain fusion core for all the power armor you found in the wasteland. Also make the first PA you gain when killing the deathclaw useless after the fight.

>It's a good game, just not a good fallout game

Attached: 1502829738548.jpg (189x189, 5K)

I just don't like 1 and 2 cause the way they play they're just boring as shit I like NV but not as much as 3.

Fallout 3 has a good exploration/kill shit/loot the place from top to bottom system, especially for compulsive collectors. Game was fucking intoxicating for me just for that. However the Fallout series is known for strong story and character writing and FO3 sucks dog shit there. Good video game, horrible Fallout.

I know fallout 2 is supposed to be better than 1 but I prefer 1 over 2.

>Fallout 3 has a strong story, go find your father
>go to this city, some random guy bugs you and mentions he went to some ship, the people on the ship says he went into the really shitty city, talk to threedog oh god kill me, go to some vault, go to some vault, dad dies here sometime go to some vault, a robot does all the work for you

>NV is simply go do your own thing and wander around
>find the dude who tried to murder you
>not as strong as go find your father, who doesn't really care about you and you're just kind of a retarded sidekick to the plot

user, did you actually get really emotionally attached to the Shaun robot in FO4? FO3 doesn't give you a strong objective. Hell, there's barely even a reason for any of the conflicts in the game centered around your Father. He leaves, the overseer goes insane for no reason, and the Enclave literally want to fulfill his work for him but we must fight because: ???

Don't be a sap for a story just because the writer says "FAMILY BOND."

If they got rid of the fusion core system it would have been perfect.

Using power armor should have its own cons (like losing charisma and stealth) in favor of just the brute force approach. Like certain areas won't let you enter with PA on lest everybody become hostile, losing quest paths in the process.

Attached: 1502996267952.jpg (510x530, 219K)

76 is fallout, 1-2 is old shit, ok?

That's just a straight up bad game.

but then they would have had to balance the game better

what about 3 with NV's mechanics?

Play TTW

NV > 1 > 2 > 4 > 3

they're alll good

NV is nowhere even close to being the best fallout the first one is the best followed by 2, than NV, than 3,4 tactics, bos, and 76. NV has too many issues, missing content, half baked and half implemented story lines to award it with the title of being the best.

fallout 1 has a gamebreaking bug, thats even worse

because his actor is a fucking democrat

woah are you telling me that democrates are all femenine and republicons are all masculine? fuck

Fallout 1 is more stable than new vegas if you can get it to crash that is an accomplishment

Are there any mods for that?

Yea Forums liked it. It was NMA tourists that didn't

which one

It was one of the most boring games I've played.

Killing Three Dog is the logical decision.

>dont have to hear him do cringe inducing howls
>dont have to hear him rant about you killing ghouls
>dont have to hear him do a psa about how "scary" raiders are

I liked 3 more than NV, but I understand why someone may think otherwise. They're two sides of a coin and both are worth playing.

Fallout 3 is good
Fallout New is also good
these two things do are not mutually inclusive

badass image

Why NV is one of THE best RPG video games ever: You can play as a literal retard.

No, seriously, ,give 5(Five) RPG video games where you can play as a literal retard in it, besides NV.

I took one gold bar as a souvenir.

I just wanna say NV is shit. I started playing that shit and turned it off like 30 minutes into the game.

Has anyone played an incompetent character in NV? I've failed the legion a couple of times it's sometimes immersion breaking that Caesar still gives you quests even after you've failed to kill the president.

The low int mechanic is better in FO1 & 2.

I played 1 and 2 after playing 3 and NV and I prefer 1 and 2 (and Tactics) to any of the rest of them. The world is better and feels more cogent. 3 is okay but NV is a little better.

fallout died when fallout 2 came out, bethesda is pissing in an ocean of cum

Only thing NV did better was make it so you could actually shoot without vats. Not that it mattered since melee was the only way to play NV.

>Remember how I enjoyed fallout 3, and oblivion when I was a little kid
>reinstall them
>bored within an hour

Attached: 1499367575069.jpg (492x449, 25K)

Ye it was fun for what it is, but it's not good for what it was supposed to be. That's the problem with f3.
It's a good game that's severely outclassed by other installments in the series, but is no less fun on its own and\or compared to other games outside Fallout franchise.

No you faggot NV being good makes FO3 bad because I, some nobodies on v, and youtubers said so! I don't care if NV is only good because most of the ground work was already done with the engine, mechanics and overall setting being already either made or written a long time ago Fo3 is bad because NV is good!

that joker was the absolute gayest joker 10x gayer than spic joker from 60's tv show

no one posting on Yea Forums is old enough to have played F1 and 2 on release.
Your nostalgia is flawed.

Fallout 3: SOUL
Fallout New Vegas: SOULLESS

Factions are fucking retarded fantasies for very young people who didn't know the story behind each would go absolutely nowhere, the writing is still cancerous (polished feces is still feces), the overworld is bland, empty and uninspired unlike Fallout 3, the game is piss fucking easy, like game ruiningly easy even, there's endless caps and ammo and health supplies and weapons everywhere, quests are a fucking goddamn mess where you talk to one person and then to another, dialogue choices are worthless, New Vegas itself is the most disappointing, tiny set piece in the history of video entertainment, it's not an RPG, it's an FPS where everything dies in three shots even on the highest difficulty level, the music is horrible compared to Fallout 3, you can't zoom the fucking camera out more than ten inches, the map is so poorly designed that you're either walking for an hour or you're spamming quick travel, interior level design of literally every building is a nonsensical maze, starting a new character takes a fucking hour, once you kill Benny there's zero plot left and zero reason to keep playing, ugly brown empty desert FUCK you if you think New Vegas is anything other than what it is, a goddamn rushed expansion pack.

Fallout 1 > Fallout 3 > Fallout 2 > Fallout New Vegas

Fuck you kike bandwagon jumpers, you only pretend to prefer this game because it's against Yea Forums policy to think the other way around. Are you fitting in yet? Are you? I am fucking SEETHING with rage right now.

>NV is only good because most of the ground work was already done with the engine, mechanics
You were so close my friend. NV is good *despite* the engine and mechanics. If anything, gaybryo is the worst part of the game.

Pretty much

lol if you took away the writing from van buren and the engine from bethesda you would have gotten a completely different game that would have had no guarantee to be good

unbelievably based

Stink alert take a shower

You clearly didn't play then, user, what's your iq, 50?

It’s not that Fallout 3 is necessarily a bad game gameplay wise. There’s fun to be had, but they fucking butchered the lore and story that the Fallout series had already established. It was rough to play through for any hardcore fallout fan.

You forget, the word nostalgia now just means "A better version of a thing I just learnt about but is older so is bad"

>another zoomer fallout 3 cope thread
fuck off trash

Attached: 1418135881469.png (1324x942, 247K)

So basically "fuck the haters" right? Fuck-The-Haters thread it is.
I remember when people hate gacha games and thought they're all p2w. Even after they were proven wrong on that one, they still went and form mental gymnastics like "using premium items is still not f2p, even if you never paid a single cent" and all the other cope they had to do to make themselves feel better.

>if I call him a zoomer I win
lol

No, it is a pretty terrible game. However I really don't care that you like it. Why would I? The game already came out years ago. What am I gonna do, drive to your house and snap your disk or throw your PC in the garbage? Play it and have fun, but the game still sucks.

I'm literally in the tub as we speak bitch

Attached: 15831259705233160872665074884187.jpg (1920x2560, 1.51M)

based post cock

>taking a bath
>not the superior shower

Attached: 176B039F-5732-4BC4-965A-CC3E7B7F28C9.jpg (568x447, 37K)

based tub guy

If its a NOT Fallout game, no one would complain at all. The fact Beth "tries" to make 3 connect to Fallout 1 and fuck it up so badly only made me hate 3 so much. Let not even talk about the retarded shit like vampires, LOL UNDERGROUND TRAIN BUT FOR BOTS AND NOT SLAVES, Shit Dog Radio station, etc.

>no

Caring about lore is the fucking stupidest brainlet activity any acne ridden nerd could ever be a part of. Read Dostoyevsky and stop getting your stories from toys.

Exactly my point. It's sorta like this stupid thing with Prey, where people are mad an hating an objectively amazing game just because Bethesda jacked the title from other games.

>Super Mutants on the East Coast
>Brotherhood of Steel on the East Coast
>People living in literal piles of garbage two hundred years after the apocalypse failed to wipe out humanity
>Preserved food still good two hundred years later, just slightly radioactive

NV wouldn't be anywhere near as good as it is if it didn't just copy all the assets and use the same exact game as 3.

Being asked if you care about any of these could be a legitimate autism diagnosis question.

Logically, you kill him so he doesn't spread vital info about you that can get you kill.

they're literally the exact same game except nv has more reddit characters
i'm convinced people who post like this have never even played 3

Fallout grogs are genuinely some of the dumbest people alive. It's a setting where the first title has a monocle-wearing mutant lieutenant called Lou Tenant who speaks in crisp Queen's English and there's posters of Maynard from Tool all over the place. But of course Fallout lore is very srs bsns and has always taken itself very, very srsly.

Nah, there is a bug with 1 that causes reliable CTDs, some sort of memory leak or something. It's a very old bug.
That said, NV was the buggiest piece of shit I've ever played in my life, so maybe the series is just cursed.

The FO3 story hook isn't very good, but the thing is that you have the freedom to ignore it. You can't really ignore it in NV (save for cheesing quarry junction with stealth boys). What's worse is that you know exactly where Benny is because it's in the title of the game, but the whole first half of NV depends on you playing dumb and acting like you somehow need to chase "leads" to follow this giant U-bend to the game's main hub.
Also, as lame as FO3 was, there was at least some personal interest in finding your own father. Once you're done with Benny your character would have no reason to care about any of these 'factions' or hang around in Vegas at all really. He's just a mercenary.

I enjoyed both FO3 and NV

Attached: 1518062005317.jpg (180x192, 16K)

Ooh, look at all those one objective quests that are there because Obsidian was too stupid to make scripts work.
user, could you be a dear and post the number of random encounters in Fallout 3 vs the number in Fallout NV.

Chad

I played NV, 2, 3 and then 1. I like 3 the most, followed by 1.

Fallout 3 was the best post apocalypse game.
New Vegas was the best fallout game.

Fantastic makes me reconsider playing NCR when I speak to this guy

>brainlet: I need to be told how to feel!

Just because you need your hand held doesn't mean FO3 was even remotely close to being the superior game. NV's hook was immersion and freedom, which apparently you don't have the ability to enjoy.

>NV's hook was immersion and freedom
It literally wasn't. It was "Go to vegas and face down the guy who shot you"
As opposed to Fallout 3's "Find Dad. Good luck."

Well, immersion is a matter of opinion and I can't dissuade you if that's how you feel, but I don't see how NV offers freedom over FO3. Having played both that's simply not true in any sense. FO3 is one of the closest things to a true open-world experience I've ever played, but in NV you very much get the feeling that there's a right and a wrong way to play. There's really only one route to Vegas.

it was ok

just play TTW

>only an autist wants originality and some logical world building

To some, Beth games can only be stomached for so long before they wear thin. Oblivion still has fun quests but fuck if I am going to reinstall all those mods once again; it's a weird case where the modding community liked the game enough but also subconsciously knew it was shitty; they blow Skyrim's the fuck out of the water in scope. Too bad the game isn't as stable.

>a character has an english accent
so?

>loopy settlements make me giggle
>"raiders"

Attached: 1559355711208.jpg (600x324, 174K)

You don't have to pretend that you don't like it, it's not a good game on an objective scale, so don't tell other people that it's a good game.

Fallout 3 had a lot of weird fucking design decisions that bothered me the more I tried to get into it. Enemy levels would lock themselves to the level you were at when you first entered the area for the rest of that playthrough as what I can only imagine as an answer to Oblivion's scaling problems, enemies would respawn where their corpse was rather than where they originally spawned for some unknown reason leading to ants slowly encroaching on your water dump hobos, and then their first set of patches did shit like cause VATS to get a 2-3 second delay before it would finally load up the numbers in which you found out you got fucked over as the game decided to leave you with a whole load of 0%s for a good chunk of 3's life. I have fond memories of the game but I don't think I would ever be able to play it Vanilla.

Attached: 1564002514113.jpg (634x845, 105K)

3 had better atmosphere than NV and therefor it was better

It's just that his character comes out of nowhere and he's so full-on, like the Robin Hood Men in Tights guy in the Hub. The encounter with the lieutenant is actually my favourite part of FO1, but it's stuff like that or the Brahmin-tipping which makes Fallout purism feel a bit ridiculous.

I've tried replaying 3 about 4 times. I only beat it once. I never made it to nuking megaton after that.

he wasn’t so silly that makes the whole plot and world building pointless, thus justifying Bethesda’s minimal effort. sure, Fallout was never completely serious, but lets not throw it all in the trash now.

You stopped pretending you were heterosexual too OP.

He wasn't feminine, he was acting silly like a clown. He's a clown

I agree with your meme-image.

>Deranged grown man pretending to be a little girl in a digital space.
Just like , of course he loved it.

The year is 2020. On Yea Forums, the 3D Fallout wars rage on.

>Then it's all retconned by a DLC.

b8

>tourists calling tourists, tourists.

if getting to new vegas is half the time you spent playing the game I can understand why you don't like it. you're a retard

THIS IS BASED
THEM FAGS ARE SEEEEEETHIJG WOTH COPE PMAOOOOOO

>SOUL
Stopped reading right there, dumb memer.

There's a lot of routes to vegas, just because npcs tell you where to go doesn't mean you have to go there.

Oh, I don't think Bethesda's writing should be winning any awards. It's at best "serviceable", and at worst laughably poor. But criticism of crappy writing should stand on its own two feet. Nit-picking about continuity errors or lore changes leaves me completely cold. Most of the supposed retcons aren't even accurate anyway. Super mutants were always mostly stupid and violent (in fact the difficulty of creating high-quality, intelligent super mutants is a major theme in the first title). Ghouls were always mostly shuffling zombies, etc.

You can tip Brahmin up to New Vegas
Don't think you can do it in 4, I tried

>cocker
You must be 18 to use Yea Forums

>implying new vegas didn't have random encounters

Attached: Perk_wild_wasteland.png (210x210, 11K)

>Complaining about preserved food
Why do niggers do that when it's a thing in New Vegas too

Yes, I'm aware you can go through the north or across the mountains. But you're still going to Vegas. That's where the game very much wants you to be and pushes and shoves you towards. And the lack of freedom in NV isn't just about the railroaded map and story arc. The game is practically screaming at you to pump Speech (which itself is virtually unaffected by charisma, for some reason). Huge parts of the game are resolved by just passing a speech check. How many people pump Guns, Speech and Repair because that's obviously the intended way to play NV?

>The encounters in New Vegas are different from previous Fallout games, the handful of encounters being scripted encounters and not a random encounter from a pool being initiated in predetermined spots in the Wasteland.

Fuck everyone in this thread
Fallout 3 is the best Fallout, only being rivaled by NV. 1 and 2 are pure soul though.
4 is a dumpster fire
76 is a dumpster fire
End of discussion

Fucking wrong
Eat shit

Attached: 8aa.png (500x353, 20K)

>bought 4 on release
>played about ~6 hours and quit
>only fallout that i havent finished (not counting the abortion 76)
>thinking about giving 4 another shot finally

What mods will fix this piece of shit. Anything make it even slightly similar to NV/sawyer's mod in terms of gameplay? Ammo types that function correctly, fixed skill/perk system?

Attached: 1583114575933.jpg (1080x720, 114K)

I don't think you can compare 1 and 2 with 3 and NV. They are so fundamentally different in gameplay.

I began to enjoy 4 somewhat when they changed Survival mode to actually be about survival rather than making enemies even more bullet spongey.

This. Look guys I get it, hell Metro Exodus made me retroactively think the rest of the series was pretentious shlock until I replayed them. It doesn’t matter how much 4 and 76 have changed your idea of fallout the games you loved are still the same as the day you first hit new game if you aren’t a fan anymore or never liked them to begin with fair but I love fallout 3 cause it makes me feel like I’m in a damn comic book and I love FNV cause it makes me feel like the baddest motherfucker in a broken world

it was good back in 2008. now its just meh. you have to mod the fuck out of it just to play it.

I'll never enjoy 4 because it'll never live up to the reasonable expectations I had for it coming out of 3 and NV. I got the game for free essentially and was still disappointed.

I hope to god, with the new consoles, Todd might think about finally letting the 23 year old Gamebryo/Creation engine die so I don't have to sit through another ugly stuttery bugfest of a Fallout/Elder Scrolls game.

Attached: f7ad677159fed31e8c85d0a11b7ca5e8.jpg (462x480, 40K)

Are you fucking insane? The gameplay is hugely different. I have played 3 and NV, the changes to the rpg elements alone, even the slightest ones make a huge difference. How can you not notice that? The interactions, factions and choices actually mattered too.

Attached: 1323434458220.png (174x160, 2K)

it's funny you post your reddit opinion with a facebook meme and the only people who agree with you instantly label them as redditors, because let's be honest, the only people who like FO3 are either brainless or

a bigger lore break for super mutants would be Vault Tec having access to FEV; them all being retarded can work in this unique context as long as that initial detail is overlooked. personally I have a bigger issue with their lack of originality in regards to old things, like rehashing super mutants, the Enclave, and BoS instead of coming up with new things themselves, but thats just me.

I implore you to tell exactly what’s wrong with that without using the word “fags”

If they didn't rehash them then people would bitch would them making new ones instead of following established lore or some other shit.
This was the revival of Fallout remember?

no they really don't
almost none of the rpg shit matters gameplay wise and all nv added was iron sights.
go into any shack or item dump in nv with abraxo cleaner and bottles everywhere and it is literally just 3 with a piss filter

4 is one of the best power armor sims out there.

I don't think a sirloin is a bad cut of steak just because I've had a filet
>inb4 food analogy
Fuck off niggers, food analogies are a proud and time honored Yea Forums tradition

>nigger analogy

Attached: 2rsdll.jpg (316x339, 64K)

Hawaiian is the best topping, correct

fpbp
the b stands for bad, faggot

Fallout 3 is dogshit compared to NV

Everybody in this thread who says they've actually completed NV is a fucking liar and I won't accept anything else.

I swear to god that thing is held together by duck tape and fairy dust for how well it holds up. I can never get 30+ hours in before getting game destroying bugs or crashes. Real fucking shame since I really do enjoy what I actually get to touch

It's the least buggy gamebryo game for me. I don't know what kind of potato computers all you retards saying NV is more buggy than 3 come from considering Fallout 3 literally doesn't function on non-Vista operating systems

2=NV>1>3>

>Wanting to fit in
>On Yea Forums

Attached: b1323177475fc5381b9a5eeb66229faf[1].gif (179x214, 476K)

I've attempted to run NV on various comps for about 9 years now. No combination of mods or workarounds has ever gotten me far enough to see the breadth of content.

Somewhat disappointingly, the furthest I've ever managed to get in was actually on console when it first came out, but bugs eventually broke me there too.

Not saying 3 is anywhere less buggy either, but I can at least get that piece of shit to run

Who knows, I'm probably just incompetent

Use the alternate start mod bro, it makes the game really fun for at least 10 hours. Fallout 4 is pretty shit and even after installing 10 gb of mods it will still be. Just build bases if you ever want to rack up some more hours on that trashy ass game.

thats just baseless speculation and an excuse to be lazy and makes the fallout world look small as fuck. if the East Coast is just going to have the same shit copy and pasted from the West Coast then there was no reason to ever leave the EC in the first place.

going off of established lore would maybe allow the BoS to be around (though 76 demonstrated that they will pull whatever bullshit they can to make it happen regardless) but thats about it.

leave the WC*

I think you're just a retard trying to run it on a potato, the game literally ran fine for me 1 day after release. It crashed and hung on loading screens and had some quest progression related bugs for sure but nothing that some loading saves or console commands couldn't fix

Hi Crazy.

nvfags are super thin skinned about their buggy turd.
if you install vanilla with no patches the game is liable to corrupt your save file or lock up on loading screens. especially in or around freeside (which was clearly made for consoles). all of the stuff in gomorrah is bugged to death, i think there's still no actual fix for the golden pip boy quest line.
they also managed to break vats of all things.

Hello, I'm a retard and I was running the game on 1.6 ghz single core cpu on 800x600 with tons of modifications of the .ini file but it was running fine alright

Attached: 3be3e9f2de0405ee65f21caba0a84557.jpg (620x819, 56K)

It runs fine vanilla though, unlike F3 which literally doesn't run vanilla

I have like 420 hours
I've beaten the game once

shhh, it’s only ok when Bethesda makes buggy messes

Fun enough but it has so many things that keep it from being great that it deserves to be shit on, get fucked.

Attached: VIDYA GAEM.jpg (200x226, 13K)

You’d fall through the ground in New Vegas though.

No it's more like the people who make these posts don't play any Bethesda game vanilla, or do so on consoles, and are just shitposting about how the game doesn't work in a form that nobody plays it in, even though it does. They don't realize F3 also has the same issue because like anyone with a brain who plays Bethesda games they install a bunch of fixes and tweaks to make it run properly first.

Fallout 3 was mocked for being Oblivion with guns on release.
t. someone who has a Fallout 3 shortcut named "oblivion with guns" in his steam library since F3 released.

why do nvfags always do this?
new reddit is a bethesda game, it's published by bethesda, when you shill so hard for nv you are shilling for bethesda
your forced meme that bethesda somehow hates the game they originally contracted and make profits from is retarded bro

but then why would they play the Obsidian entry vanilla?
k

Don't know my dude. I've been able to handle pretty much anything on my builds, even as average as they are. It's literally just New Vegas that has always contorted itself into a broken mess somehow

Broken saves, infinite screens, items/characters just being consumed by the void(at least this one is only really a problem on console). What's there seems great, just want to actually play it

Impressive my dude

>but then why would they play the Obsidian entry vanilla?
They didn't, they either
>played it with mods and fixes and just argue it's broken vanilla because they heard other shitposts on Yea Forums saying that or read an article by a journalist that said that even though the game was completely playable outside of a few quests with a day 1 patch
or
>didn't play it at all and are just shitposting

All of those are completely fixed by the mods that literally every modlist tells you to download so I don't know what to tell you. Maybe stop trying to play gamebryo games vanilla?

Thanks for the non sequitur dude.

eye c

Even with said mods I've never had enough bubble gum to keep it together. Same deal, I can patch 3 enough to not have issues, no problems modding otherstuff, but Todd just does not fucking want me to play NV

Happy it works for you, but shit

>Even with said mods I've never had enough bubble gum to keep it together.
I'm gonna call bullshit because that's literally impossible.

>nvfags are literally pretending their redditcore isn't buggier than an ant hill
denial isn't just a river in egypt bros

Phoenix is homo so he went full drag queen in that scene , as that's his idea of "being himself"

It's the same fucking game with a piss filter and some more dialogue only autists care about.

>you're crazy

yeah, it’s buggy, especially without patches. we all know.

piss filter, real ADS, and weapon mods*

>but outdated controls and complex to get into.
Nigga it's like the simplest crpg from that era.

This

It was fun in the typical Bethesda way.
I'd love to mod it on PC but it always crashes when I do so I guess I'll just stick to NV

It's more stable to just play it through a Tale of Two Wastelands

just use Tale of Two Wastelands
it uses NV gameplay and rebalances some of the bullet sponge enemies from 3 (like replacing the 3 versions of Feral Ghoul Reavers with the NV ones)

Anyone using Project Nevada?

lmao no. Most people didn't give a shit about those obscure crpg trash until they played F3.

I like fallout 3 more than NV
3 felt more apocalyptic, wading through radioactive water and exploring destroyed cities, and the beginning was better. NV just felt like I was wandering through an empty ass desert town to town

I do but I don't use their garbage presets. I only use it because I like having a better crosshair that actually shows where my bullets will go and the ability to customize stuff like movement speed.

Fucking wrong
Eat shit
End of discussion

I feel NV is better in almost everything but the world itself. 3 felt very dense and that there was always something to see and do where NV was
>Desert
>Shack
>Desert
>Rusty shithole
And the strip, which was cool.

FNV feels better because US southwest has established factions that make it all feel almost real, while F3 is just filled with whacky weirdos (which is not so bad, but it didn't grip me.).

Meanwhile Fallout 3's map was
>rubble
>dirt

Fallout 3 is the best game if you want to be an insane psychopath. The game actively rewards you with unique quest content for doing so.

>which also lets you tell Fawkes to do it
>he still sounds annoyed about it though

>enslave everyone, even the kiddies

>you detonated that nuke in the middle of an innocent town for no reason?
>well I'm disappointed but its ok because I love you
Thanks dad.

This entire thing is dumb except for the ending. The Enclave want to inject a serum into the water purifier that will kill all irradiated life, that's everybody in the wasteland. Why would you want them to have access to it?

>The Enclave want to inject a serum into the water purifier that will kill all irradiated life
Wrong. Why do people who defend F3 always show they haven't even played the game?

How are you going to rebuild America with mutants roaming the wastes?

Based af

bath = SOUL
you can ejaculate in a bath and then swim with your jizz, breathing in the cum vapors

we have this thread almost every day
your opinion

Fallout 3 was a janky turd with some gold moments and a lot of atmosphere.

Like every fucking Gamebryo engine game ever. That being said, jerking off to Fallout porn is probably one of the most unusually satisfying things a man can do.

It looks bad, plays worse and the story makes little sense and ends with a fart. It was a stepping stone to NV but not a convincing one.

It was pretty good at launch, but then NV came with a much better story, world, and characters, and then came out 4 with much better gameplay, leaving Fallout 3 with nothing going for it but maybe 2 or 3 interesting quests.

>played FNV through several times
>on release the only bug I had was cheyenne's eyes not being in place
I don't know how you people play vidya

Not that user, but wasn't the whole dilemma of the FEV was that it was meant to repair the genes damaged from radiation or something like that, but that if you had suffered too much damage, it would kill you slowly instead? Which is why ghouls hated it?

Attached: 7a42a2d3dfece7576140b5f842342709.jpg (336x422, 92K)

Based gets, we don't. We imagine playing them from prior experience.

Attached: uma-61-laboratory-maniac.jpg (488x680, 102K)

No user Eden was the one who wanted to put that shit in the water. The guy who actually controlled the Enclave at the purifier didn't

Yeah but Eden sells you this story that it's for the greater good.

I just realized that I used to accept everything at face value back then so maybe he was fucking with you, I unno.

Attached: bqnzkkthr.gif (360x240, 486K)

Fallout 3 was a bad game because you had to pay for the ending to make sense and the devs complain about it in game.

At the end of fallout 3, If you send in faux the conclusion calls you a coward

Also, I believe you're thinking of Colonel Autumn, whose name is like the pillar that Master Chief flew through space on.

Fallout 3 was subject to a massive hate train from NMA, to where zoom zooms who've only ever played NV thought they were in good company. It's funny because saying anything positive whatsoever about Fallout 3 or negative about NV will reliably get you at least twenty (You)s from the Yea Forumseddit hivemind. Many of them write these long, angry, spittle-flecked paragraphs of point-by-point "rebuttals", too.

It's not wrong at all, the Enclave wants to purge all mutated life. That's been their mission since they were introduced.

>Fallout 3 is trash
You're awful, Yea Forums.

Wrong. I'd tell you to play the game but I wouldn't wish playing Fallout 3 on anyone.
Eden does not control the Enclave retard

New Vegas had more pretty sprinkles and an extra karma system, so that retards who think they're geniuses felt justified in repeating the safe general opinion
Anyone saying NV is infinitely better than 3 is the retarded wojak with a smug mask on

>Wrong. I'd tell you to play the game
I'd tell you to play the series as a whole. The Enclave believes all life that's been on the surface for any extended amount of time needs purged.

Sounds like your only exposure to joker is from the 360 game where he takes venom you fucking newfag

Right, in Fallout 2. In Fallout 3, Eden believes that, while Colonel Autumn doesn't, and the latter is the one who controls the Enclave at the purifier. You fight him because you want to turn it on instead of him because reasons.

[Intelligence] So you fight the good fight with your voice on Galaxy News Radio.

>Eden does not control the Enclave retard
I never said he did prick
That was that other user, I was just explaining why he was thinking that

You don't need to remind me of how the Enclave is at heads with the cobbled together Robotic AI president. Autumn disobeys Eden to try and kill you and you can literally just speech check your way out of the final "boss fight" with Autumn by convincing him to give up on Eden.

Attached: sample-aef3167a3de99941c890284f874c823a.jpg (1148x1000, 178K)

Someone post the Tenpenny comic.

holy mother of based you just singlehandedly btfo'd all these boomers
shut down the thread
just shut it down

Attached: 2309481098321705.png (747x708, 745K)

>sit through another ugly stuttery bugfest of a Fallout/Elder Scrolls game.
What made you think we'll get another TES/Fallout ever? And even then please don't tell me you're actually excited for it

Attached: breh.jpg (328x489, 34K)

>Tenpenny
The greatest quest I've ever seen in any RPG released in the last twenty or so years. Unironically the biggest filter there is in a major release.

He was raised by a single mother wasn't he? It only makes sense.

Everyone’s played fallout 3 it’s skyrim’s beta

Attached: 1458319947171.jpg (736x1035, 201K)

We live in a Society.
Top text.
[]
We live in a Society.

>And even then please don't tell me you're actually excited for it
I'm not, that part of me died about 20 hours into Fallout 4 realizing how awful everything was.

I'm just morbidly curious at this point.

No it wasn't. I played FO3 after being a huge FO1 and 2 fan and it was not good. New Vegas was pretty good but it was still greatly hindered just by having to be the same kind of game as FO3

Fallout 1 kind of sucks. It's alright but it's aged horribly, it's extremely short and the lore was barely developed at all.
Fallout 2 was pretty good. Very well written, hugely expanded on the lore, lots more stuff to do. Still aged pretty bad but this time it's actually worth clearing that barrier.
Fallout 3 was okay, I had a good time playing it. Proved that a 3D Fallout game would be good and it wasn't a dead franchise. Made few positive contributions to the lore. You can see its age but I wouldn't say it's aged too badly, not anymore so than NV anyway.
NV is awesome. Massively expanded the lore, 3D Fallout gameplay in Isometric Westcoast setting, actually continued the plot of the first two games rather than being a soft remake, introduced concepts that Beth would carry into FO4 like companion-affinity and customising weapons. It's also one of the few times a game did a multi-factional war MQ actually well in that it's still inspiring heated arguments to this day, only mistakes being that Legion is too short and House/Independent are basically the same until the ending slides.

Also imo FO4 is better than FO3.

Attached: e5m3rjyfpjb41.png (640x480, 423K)

WTF is wrong with you people?
I can't believe this thread is still up.
Why would my comment even BTFO anybody??
I just explained that it's absolutely normal to like 3 & NV over 1&2 due to them being different games with same settings.
It works the opposite way too, it's a-ok to like 1&2 over 3 & NV.
You people are the crazy one that just want to choose a side and want your side to "win". On a Imaginary Chink Chonk Debate Land.

Holy based
How will Boomers ever recover

Damage Threshold alone is a massive change to the combat you absolute moron.

All fallout is shit. The First two are passable for old games, but the IP is held hostage by one of the shittiest companies on the market.
1: held up mostly by story. Modern games blow the gameplay out of the water
2: much better than 1, but unfortunately the genre it occupies has had a resurgence recently and infinitely better games fill the niche
3: literally oblivion with guns in terms of engine, gameplay and story. Nothing wrong with that, but vanilla oblivion isn’t making any top 10 lists
NV: Obsidian gets way too much credit for this. This game is a minimal improvement over 3. After playing outerworlds I’ve realized how dependent NV is on the systems of 3. The time crunch is irrelevant. It’s just a polished 3.
4: Completely alien to rest of franchise. Game is built as an open world shooter and shooting sucks. Hired slaves from ID Software were the only reason the shooting was passable
76: missed opportunity for an mmo styled borderlands. That’s what I thought they were doing all the way up to the gameplay footage drops. Boy was I wrong.

There is literally nothing that Fallout 3 does better than any other game in the franchise, including 76.

Attached: 1559673306752.jpg (517x480, 35K)

>gulf between them is too vast
It really fucking isn't.

It's okay to like fallout 3 but if new vegas isn't your preference you're not a person and I'm not gonna argue about it with a non person

It is good, but NV does outclass it.

God damn was NV a letdown after 3.

Because the actor is playing a different character. This movie does not feature Joker. It features a mentally ill man who has a delusion he is the Joker.

I fucking hate this movie. Couldn't shit on a well known character harder if you tried.

Personally, my biggest turn-off from NV was the setting
Coming out of downtown, post-apocalyptia, DC and going into well lit, fairly civilized, Vegas was a shock. Even compared to 1, NV felt like it had too much "civilization". It just didn't feel post-apocalyptic, all by your lonesome, comfy.
And you know what I say to that?

I think I'll stay where I "om"
Civilization, I'll stay right here

Yea, the gulf of fucking nothing for miles on end because NV had no content to speak of. Joshua Graham is literally the ONLY good thing about NV

Attached: 1579999352137.jpg (500x501, 126K)

NV's setting doesn't even make sense. Why are these people acting like cowboys, why are lazy western caricatures like Easy Pete everywhere? The war was in 2070 or something like that, and it's been two hundred fucking years since then. I could conceivably seeing people picking up a few remnants of pioneer or settler culture but these people look and act like they're from the 1800s

But its inferior to the other fallouts exept brotherhood of steel 2

>fallout 1-2
>complex
Retard

First off, not everyone acts like a cowboy. It's mostly just Goodsprings. Secondly, why wouldn't you want to act like a cowboy?

Why are there so many people defending 3 ITT? Surely there can't be THIS many falseflaggers.

Attached: tumbling garren.webm (852x476, 2.99M)

Oh, you're right, there's also the cowboy you meet who gives you a revolver with an enrico morricone jingle if you help him with his daddy issues.
There's stuff like the kings which is clever, there's clearly an ironic contrast because they don't really know who Elvis was and were looking for a reason to band together.
But all the western stuff has no context like that, it's just there because it's "cool" and the place sort of fits. Were people in 1950s Nevada even like this? I rather doubt it.

Map

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! DON'T DISRUPT MY HUGBOX ECHO CHAMBER NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
>P-PLEASE S-STOP B-BEING FAGGOTS! YOU ARE ALL FAGGOTS! STOP POSTING DIFFERENT OPINIONS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Retard

All those zoomers who grew up on xbox 360 and paying for online/dlc are old enough to post here. F3 is their holy cow and introduction to RPGs in general.

>Yea Forums is an echo chamber with NV
>so let's change that into an echo chamber with 3 even though nobody actually discusses 3 unlike NV and it's almost entirely even on this board out of pure spite for NV

Refute the retarded karma

Stop spamming these zoomer reddit joker memes you homosexual cunt.

It's hot garbage.

I tried playing 3 and it really is the most empty fallout game. Outside of the main story I find it hard to find anything to do besides the scarce quests within the game. I wish they'd have more depth for how little there are but no they're almost always fetch quests.

The only bugs I encounter in NV is just crashing.

Imagine presenting false pretenses about your own opinions on an anonymous image board, in the hopes of 'fitting in' with a bunch of randoms on the Internet.

The BASED is off the motherfucking charts

>lying when people can just look it up
fallout.gamepedia.com/Fallout:_New_Vegas_quests
fallout.gamepedia.com/Fallout_3_quests
Compare the two. NV has more than double the content. Not to mention the plethora of unmarked areas, I've been playing this game for years and I still learn new things. For instance you can find Benny's cigarette at the begining as evidence for the tops.

You need to look at those links too. Time to take the blackpill boys. The creators of fallout 76 can't make fallout games.

FO76 was made by a different studio you desperate fucking cuckold lmao

just because I liked 1, 2 and NV more, I won't say I didn't enjoy FO3 when it came out, because I did and Fallout 4 is also fun

My grandfather lived out in the boonies in Arkansas around 1940-1950 so yeah a lot of areas like good springs was like this in the midwest/south. A lot of it isn't even cowboy stuff exactly it's just local cultural stuff they modeled off of real places in Nevada. Like Primm, and goodsprings are real places.

> LR has 9 """""quests"""""

>people consider fallout 1 and 2 to be "complex and complicated"
Imagine getting filtered by a 22 year old game

Attached: 1582219206775123153.jpg (200x132, 7K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_3
>developer Bethesda Game Studios
>publish Bethesda Softworks
>Director Todd Howard
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_76
>developer Bethesda Game Studios
>publish Bethesda Softworks
>Director Todd Howard

Fucking retard. You're probably thinking of elder scrolls online.

It's a quest line. You're able to just leave and never beat it.

Most people who like 1,2 and NV aren't boomers but redditors trying their hardest to look tough.
I can't respect someone saying that NV is their favorite game and I've played NV way longer than 3. You're a brave soul.

Of course it is, it's just that new vegas is 1000 times better in every aspect and that makes it look like shit when compared

>you're a brave soul
Jesus christ what is this thread

Attached: 1581148506432912408.gif (420x247, 2M)

FO76 was made by Bethesda's new studio in Austin you stupid fucking NIGGER LMAO. You narrative pushing fucking C󠙆UCK. You slimy lying piece of retarded nigger shit.

> Additional work by Bethesda Game Studios Austin as well as ZeniMax Online Studios, Arkane Studios and id Software.[1][
>thinks this helps his argument
>doesn't realize basically all of zenimax but the guys that made evil within worked on it.
>worships Todd's cock
Go be a sissy faggot somewhere else your masochistic fanboy bullshit just makes you look retarded.

Attached: get the fuck out.jpg (717x880, 186K)

Don't project your sodomy on others you lying fucking shitskin. You omega cucklord.

>Elderscrolls mod
>Good game
Niceme.me

Todd Howard enthusiastically fuck me in the ass. And as he does he tugs at my dick and whispers that he's going to make me shoot my load. He promises that I'll drench the sheets with my spunk. Just as I'm about to cum he lets go and jizzes into my asshole and my prick is left unsatisfied. "Todd why didn't you make me cum?" I beg. "Why did you lie?" He looks at from behind and mutters his reply: "Engine limitations,"

Attached: C51UpQE.png (912x670, 130K)

I think most people can agree that Fallout 3 was a good game.

I also think most people will agree with NV > F3 > F4

No, it was a mediocre game at best and a shit fallout.
For a shooter, the gunlplay sucked balls.
For an rpg, the story sucked balls.
It managed to be fun with exploration. So i guess if you mod the shit out of it you can get decent combat and fun exploring.

(You) are crazy

Fallout 3 was always pure Bethesda shit. None of you zoomers know about Van Buren, which had the whole plot and even screenshots released. The REAL Fallout 3.

I agree. I am a New Vegas fag myself but it's clear that Fallout 3 is not only a good game, it does some things better than NuVegas.

The only reason anyone thinks Fallout 3 was good is because it was you were underage when you played it and it was your first Fallout game.

This is a fact.

Attached: 1425257791917.jpg (400x462, 25K)

>>people consider fallout 1 and 2 to be "complex and complicated"

I wonder why that is. Its as if it has to do something people getting dumber and dumber.

Attached: BiowareFansConfrontedWithAnOldschoolRPG.jpg (1135x547, 147K)

Yeah but 3 is still good.

>Van Buren would have been the REAL Fallout 3
We all already know that we live in the worst possible timeline for the games industry. What's your point?

Joker is a shit movie and I'm tired of pretending it's not

>Not preferring Reddit's favorite game, Fallout: New Vegas

Attached: 1567624961184.jpg (706x960, 51K)

Fallout 3 has some of the best writing in video games
New Vegas is full of cringe lord shit like gaycade gaynon and Mr new Vegas
3 HAS FUCKING YHREE DAWG

tb h

NV ruined the brotherhood of steel honestly. The brotherhood are supposed to be the saviors of the waste, not some dicks in armor

>Fallout 3 has some of the best writing in video game
Listen, I love Fallout 3; more so than NV. But let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Attached: 945efb9457f43f44b92d78bb4b3943c4.jpg (339x444, 92K)

I've played both extensively and always thought Fallout 3 was the much better game. When did this become controversial?

>The brotherhood are supposed to be the saviors of the waste, not some dicks in armor
I mean that's what they should be, and are in Fallout 3, but not what they're supposed to be if you examine them in 1 and 2. Which isn't saying much because I don't even remember most of my interactions with the BoS from 1. They were just kind of there while you did all of the work.

This, but in actuality, a lot of people just noticed 1 and 2 after playing NV and hearing about how it's made by the OG devs, then retroactively pretended that those were the real games all along, what are you even talking about?

The telling thing is, that they will name NV as their favorite.

>Fallout 3 has some of the best writing in video games
objectively wrong

The whole Fallout series is autistic, or rather the way the fanbases understand it and try to present it to others.
A series that's basically radiation and viruses having magical powers and fans acting like it's some super-serious work of literature.

You finished? I mean it's so much self-pity, you sound like you're making excuses for playing that game. Not every game, and I'll tell you this, not every game is awful.

Attached: 1583086674021[1].png (757x436, 428K)

Nah, it is just a satire of 1950s Americana and Sci-Fi.

Shut up boomer.

Attached: tenor.gif (498x280, 1.02M)

I'll let you in on a secret.
When it came out, Yea Forums absolutely loved Skyrim and Fallout 3. I have never seen people being hype for a game for so many months after release. Now redditors who came in 2016 pretend that they've always hated it.

Prove it then, you fallout 3 fags tell how great it is but never mention why

I did enjoy Fallout 3 back when it was released in 2008. Also, I was a dumbass 16 years old that had never played another big WRPG before it, so my point if reference was quite shallow.

Then I got around to playing the first 2 and the NV came around and I thought "Oh, so THAT'S what a WRPG is supposed to be." Then I never touched F3 ever again, because it feels like such a waste of time when I know there's an objectively superior version of it as NV.

>Yea Forums absolutely loved Fallout 3
Nope, Yea Forums was a NMA stronghold complaining about Oblivion with Guns.
inb4 your zoomer ass asks what NMA is

It's also become incredibly stale after 5 iterations.

There wasn't anything like it when it came out, aside from other Bethesda games. Mass Effect was fantastic but never had this Mad Max feeling. New Vegas was a vast improvement on everything but would have been incredibly dissappointing without the foundation of Fallout 3. You also have to consider that Obsidian already had the writing of factions like the whole Legion, the Burning Man, Caesar, waiting in a drawer since Van Buren got cancelled.

NMA wasn't really a thing outside of their own bubble. They have been regularly ridiculed on Yea Forums for years now until nobody gave a fuck about that stinkhole anymore.

They didn't ruin the Brotherhood in NV. The Brotherhood are dicks in armour. But that's the point. The whole point of the Brotherhood in NV is that they're on a path to destruction and pretty much nothing can save them. Veronica's entire quest is about trying to get them to be do-gooders, not unlike the East Coast Brotherhood. FO3 just had Lyons realize their evident self destruction and course corrected.

The order I played was NV > 2 > 3 and I prefer 3 but I enjoy them all. I'm playing 1 right now and it might be my favourite of the bunch.

>You also have to consider that Obsidian already had the writing of factions like the whole Legion, the Burning Man, Caesar, waiting in a drawer since Van Buren got cancelled.

To be fair, so did Bethesda, but they chose to just pick and choose parts of the lore they found "fun" and start their own thing.

Then don't. I don't. It's a great game. NV is a glorified mod.

My only issue was you could convince Mcnamara to change his mind about the lockdown after veronica has given up hope, and Veronica won't say a god damn thing about it. I was at least expecting a one liner from her.

>People living in literal piles of garbage two hundred years after the apocalypse failed to wipe out humanity
Iirc the capital wasteland was kept a shithole on purpose by the people who hire the Talo Company. Not to mention Super Mutants keep expanding their territory and persistently trying to kill/loot/eat any human.

>find crazy guy in alley
>shoot him and get a bunch of bombs
Cool I guess but what a lame encounter, no speech checks or nothing.

What are you talking about
There's some wastelander you can talk to that's shit tired of listening to that guy yell and you can convince him to go "talk to him"

Because you're such a minority. Leave v once in a while. Fallout 3 is the standard for rpgs other than skyrim.

except for the music maybe but fo3 and nv are not that far from each other