Fallout 3

Everyone says Fallout 3 is one of the worse. That New Vegas is the true Fallout game.

If you believe that get the hell off this thread. Discuss the capital wasteland and everything related.

What is your favorite thing about the game?
What moment made you love the game?
What is a story of a event that happened in game that you still remember to this day?

Attached: NmP2hye.png (610x436, 598K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=464OM39NSh4
youtube.com/watch?v=lE0aEidoGrs
youtube.com/watch?v=dRVSA4eNvK4
lmgtfy.com/?q=Fallout 2 manual
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you've got to shoot them in the head is one of the best questlines in the series

i can't believe they literally made your pc shut down in the cracked version. Fuck I wanna go back to 2008 lmao

A baby is drowning in the lake:

-Fallout 1

Ask for more information
Agree to help
Decide not to help
Accidentally say something that pisses the NPC off, failing the quest
Reveal too much information about yourself, causing the Super Mutants to track your vault more easily

-Fallout 2

Ask for more information
Agree to help
Decide not to help
Accidentally say something that pisses the NPC off, failing the quest
Pop culture reference about the baby

-Fallout 3
Yes, I will save the baby
Depends on the caps
I will not save the baby
[Intelligence] The baby is drowning

-Fallout New Vegas
I will save the baby
I will not save the baby
[Barter 30] Double the caps and I'll save the baby
[Medicine 30] Thanks to my medical knowledge, I will easily be able to save the baby
[Survival 15/30] Uh... yeah, I totally know how to swim

-Fallout 4
Yes
No (Yes)
Sarcastic (Yes)

Seeing Amata get gunned down by Enclave while wandering the wastes was one of the most satisfying moments for me, biggest indirect antagonist in the entire game

I legit like how the Pitt and Operation Anchorage look, looks better than anything in NV outside of LR and Zion

I thought 3 was an alright game. It could have been better but any game could have been better. One thing I really liked was how power armor was gated off until near the end to really make it seem like an accomplishment as apposed to the originals or 4.

Don't forget "What? (Yes)"

Fallout 3 knocked it out of the park with the soundtrack and radio system. its what everyone remembers the most by far. Everything else was pretty average.

The pitt was a toptier dlc, best out of fallout 3 and better than half of NV's

This. OWB was cool but really not nice to look at most of the time, and DM didn't really diverge much from anything you could find in the base game.

It's because they made something original instead of sucking the nostalgia tit

If only that became the standard for bethesda's fallouts. We need new enemies, new factions, and new dilemmas.

I really like the map, ignoring everything and getting lost somewhere was always fun, i also liked the apocaliptic feeling of fallout 3 it pulls the job better than NV even if it doesn't make sense

I agree

Can we just come together under Tale of Two Wastelands?

FO3 with FNV's survival mechanics makes an awesome game, you really feel the need to build that purifier because of how difficult it is to get clean water compared to being able to drink straight out of a fucking massive lake in the middle of the desert

It's a good mod, the only complaint is that when you decide to do NV content or FO3 content after doing one game you start out really overpowered and it ruins NV's/FO3's sense of progression.

i love just walking around the wasteland. its so comfy

I like both 3 and NV but i can't replay either of them, they just feel incredibly shitty to play. I can boot up FO2 and play it any day of the week but i just can't do the same with NV or 3, even with mods they still feel like below average games

What saves NV for me is the DLC, which i'm sure many people will agree it's the best part of that game and i can excuse 3's flaws because it was the first take on a 3D Fallout and it was the reason why it didn't fall into obscurity

I think 1 and 2 are better games to play (once you get used to them that is)

Attached: comedian.jpg (1125x1082, 157K)

Literally none of the New Vegas DLC was good, and I say that vastly preferring NV to 3. Everything great people remember from New Vegas was in the base game. They should have used the DLC to expand upon it, add the content they wanted to initially but didn't have time. Instead they wasted it on half-baked bullshit that was even less finished than the main game. Honest Hearts was a cool idea and Joshua Graham is a cool guy, but the entire DLC is like wandering around an empty modded area.

I just play it without traveling to the other wasteland to get all the content from the other game.

Probably true, I only used it to play FO3 with decent degradation mechanics and hardcore mode. Tbh I felt really underpowered, the super mutants are fuckin bullet sponges on very hard (the only way to play)

It's a shame that Bethesda never explored the schism in the Brotherhood besides some exposition dialogue.
It's also funny how Bethesda treats Outcasts as this band of arrogant assholes when in fact it was business as usual for them.
In original Fallout 1 they basically send you on a suicide mission and hope for you to die before you get to finally join them.

Yeah call me a zoomer all you want but I can't understand 1/2's mechanics, like at all.

Ever play New Vegas Bounties?

Honest hearts was my favorite out of the bunch but I agree with you on almost every aspect. The worst part of NV's dlc was hyping up Ulysses as this big counter to your character only for him to go down like a chump or be speech checked out of finishing his plan.

>Ever play New Vegas Bounties?
No i haven't

>but the entire DLC is like wandering around an empty modded area
You know, one of the main complaints about NV is the fact that the map is incredibly huge for how little there is to do in there, how many markers are just shacks or spawn points and how towns barely feel like towns, engine limitations for sure but i feel like the open world aspect hurt NV in the long-run

FO3 with NV's mechanics is the best way to play hands down. Fallout 3's world lends itself more to the "survival" aspect of hardcore mode than NV with it's frequent towns and vendors.

Thank you based user

You probably never put time to learn them or you are retarded.
I am not being an asshole you have to be a retard if you don't understand fallout 1 and 2 mechanics they are hard first but with some screwing around you get the picture or you can read the manual if you want to go deeper

It's fuckin amazing, blend every spaghetti western in existence with Cormac McCarthy's works and a drunken tounge and cheek attitude and you've got yourself 4 mods and a spinoff. Good shit, the dude who made it, someguy2000, is also p cool

I don't understand Ulysses, he seems mad at my character for no reason.
If the mailman brings me a bomb on a package i don't blame him but the people who send the fricking bomb

>Read the manual
Sorry, I live in the twenty-*first* century.

If you've got any video tutorials I'd be more than happy to watch em, I'm rather interested in both games

I think he blames you because although he can't get the person who ordered the package to be sent he can get the messenger. The guy is just mad and he needs to vent so he tries to take his frustrations out on you.

You are a retard, got it

Fallout 3 hasn't been as bad ever since 4 came out

Playing these games on very hard is a fucking chore if you’re not abusing sneak because everything is a bullet sponge and combat feels really unsatisfying and boring. I play on normal with realistic bullet damage mods and I have a blast, I’ve played NV once on very hard all the way through and I found it really not enjoyable.

youtube.com/watch?v=464OM39NSh4
youtube.com/watch?v=lE0aEidoGrs
youtube.com/watch?v=dRVSA4eNvK4

Yeah i feel the dude has no reason and its just a nigger

It's men like you who prevent legacies from staying alive.

I want to get into the game but you're pretentious enough to reject me because I dislike the lack of information about it

It took me about three tries before I finally got how to play the game smoothly.

They're old games, man. Be patient.

And yeah, that Radscorp cave / Trials Temple is a bitch the first few times.

Actually I do to, in fact I think I made shotguns a little too op because my lever action basically raped everything but whatever

I feel the same , i hate bullet sponges

Will watch later, thanks

Fallout 3 did the heavy lifting for NV.

The mechanics can be easily explained, just tell me what you don't understand and i'll try to help you

Ulysses is a guy who is mad at the idea of people doing things for the sake of doing them or people doing things without understanding why

I actually like Ulysses a lot but i feel like the writers didn't get the message across, Ulysses is mad at factions like the NCR because they are just re-creating pre-war America without understanding the history that eventually led into the apocalypse, he is also mad at you because you just complete quests and do things without any other reason than to do them, it's one of the reasons why you can see a spray paint that says "YOU CAN TURN BACK COURIER" or "YOU CAN GO HOME", if you happen to finish LR and meet Ulysses you kinda prove him right when he thinks that you only do things because they are listed in your Pip-Boy, kinda like how you delivered a package that contained a detonator because it was your job

If at any point you'd feel like Ulysses is wrong about you then there is literally no reason to ever go through LR since you don't even find out that he plans on nuking the NCR up until halfway through the DLC. I also find it interesting that even though he has every reason to hate the Legion he thinks that they are a faction better suited for the post-apocalypse

His constant use of metaphors and symbols would've been better if the writers also hammered in the fact that he was a tribal

I do find LR very cool to play through, the highway section and the crumbled city are kino moments in my opinion and Ulysses comes out as a likeable character for me, it almost feels like the protagonist of a NV prequel

Attached: ha.jpg (301x168, 8K)

I mean you're not wrong but when you give your devs 18 months to make a fresh game. . .

>[Intelligence] The baby is drowning

Top fucking kek

I really life Fallout 3. New Vegas is better to me, but I like Fallout 3 a lot. Hell I think Fallout 4's decent.
Not really into CRPGs these days, so I kinda lost my love for the first two games.

>I really life
Like, what the fuck was wrong with me

>hey dude if you want to learn do X
>fuck X i live on the 24 century give me Y because i don't have the attention to do X
I am sorry but you can learn by yourself you just need to do it, don't make things easy and put your mind to work , its better that way because you will get more enjoyment discovering stuff yourself than letting some guy on a video spoon feed you. Trust me dude don't be a retard

It's ok user, we're all retarded here

I liked FO4 a lot on my first playthrough too, maybe it was the fact that the combat was miles more enjoyable than NV but you don't really grasp how shallow the game really is until your 2nd or 3rd playthrough

You should really go Minutemen or Institute on your first and/or second playthrough, they are by far the best factions with the best missions

OA was absolute dogshit. The Pitt was god tier.

My point was how exactly I can get my hands on a manual when the game's been out for like 20 years

>but the entire DLC is like wandering around an empty modded area
>You know, one of the main complaints about NV is the fact that the map is incredibly huge for how little there is to do in there, how many markers are just shacks or spawn points and how towns barely feel like towns, engine limitations for sure but i feel like the open world aspect hurt NV in the long-run

I really never got that. You're in the middle of the fucking desert, what the fuck did you expect?

A PDF of it online.

Pretty sure Steam has that somewhere

Use google and search fallout 1-2 manual pdf
You are pulling my leg are you?

lmgtfy.com/?q=Fallout 2 manual

The pop culture reference would be to Baby Jessica.

>I really never got that. You're in the middle of the fucking desert, what the fuck did you expect?
But that's a bad design choice

FO1 and 2 also have huges wasteland of nothing but they mitigate that fact by having the player move really fast in-game (at the cost of precious time) with random encounters keeping you on your toes

It's not an excuse to not put anything on a desert because its a desert, at some point you gotta realize that players don't like spending a lot of time walking between long stretches of nothing

i feel like NV would've been a better game if they didn't have an open world but rather closed areas you can go to and explore

Attached: heh.png (800x600, 293K)

That make sense, good explanation

Attached: todd.png (575x803, 561K)

I fucking loved Mothership Zeta. I always wished the Zetans had a more prominent role in the Fallout series, that and the Cabbot house questline from 4 makes me want more.

I also loved seing people from different times across history react to the current world. Seeing Paulson and the medic from Anchorage realize the world got fucked fucked by nuclear war is great

Attached: ayylmao.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

THE PITT>>Point lookout>operation anchorage>>>>mothership zeta>>>>>>>>>>>>>>broken steel

Wait, what the fuck? Fallout 4 doesn't have skills?
I haven't bothered learning anything about that game, how did they handle this change?

You just put points into these perks.
Fallout 4's more of a shooter than an RPG.

Attached: 192840981.jpg (1721x2562, 977K)

Everything is handled via perks so if you wanted to do more damage with pistols you would get a perk for pistols and it would work for everything from homemade pipe weapons to plasma pistols. If there is a need or a concern there is sometimes a perk for it. The system doesn't really work in game though so builds start out weak, become weaker, and end up relying on crafting weapon and armor upgrades to do damage/ stay alive.

>fallout 3 zoomer cucks
fuck off shit taste faggots

You’re not gonna be able to if you don’t have the interest to actually play it in the first place. I just picked up fo1 for free and I immediately understand how to play it.
Literally just a turn based tactical game like imagine it as divinity os2 or fire emblem but in hex grid

>buzzword
>buzzword
>buzzword
>do i fit in yet?

Fuck you. Always had a crush on Amata

-Fallout 5
>Yes
>Yes but for more money
>Yes for even more money
>Yes but for free

To be fair you need a very high IQ to tell if someone's brain dead kid is actually dead or acting normally

Whats the Fallout 76 version?

>fallout 76
>dialogue
>npcs
>choices