RTWP is not a good combat system

RTWP is not a good combat system. Giving the player infinite timestop powers is stupid; at that point why do you even need a real-time aspect?

Thank god Divinity Original Sin 2 sold so many copies, and that turn based is taking over other CRPG franchises.

Attached: 629265440_cf461eeec2_b.jpg (685x1023, 154K)

>everything should be homogenized
Stick to your braindead jrpgs, weeb.

Fallout 1 and 2 were always better than Baldur's Gate and the other D&D games, so yes.

This is correct. RTWP is for faggy Boomers who think anything old is good.

Turn based is best.

It's a faster system for chads. Sorry you're a beta turn-based fag.

Turn-based combat is older than RTWP and most actual boomers prefer turn-based combat. RTWP is for casuals who haven't played anything but IE games and PoE whereas true patricians have always preferred turn-based combat.

I agree RTWP sucks
You know what else sucks?
Inventory and ability management for more than your own character
I hope future CRPGs will solve this issue by making AI companions competent enough to not need player control all the time

>Have challenging fights where you end up pausing every 0,5 seconds making it slower
>Have fights that are so braindead easy you don't even use any abilities and just watch your party wipe out 50 goblins without any input
These are the only 2 kinds of encounters in RTwP. It's objectively shit.

i think this is a factor of why i don't much like party based games in general. i want to deal with one character, not four or six.

Too smart for Baldur's Gate schizos.

Attached: xcom.png (640x400, 101K)

>Have to spend 3x longer micromanaging every fight no matter the encounter
Yeah, good system that turn-based is. You really convinced me.

plenty of turn based games have auto resolve or a feature that approximates what you're talking about you uncultured dipshit

>So many trivial encounters you can just auto-resolve them
Wow. I knew turn-based plebs were trash, but I didn't know they were that trash.

I can easily enjoy both, stay mad, slow brain.

Great, now we moved from shitposting about Turn Based combat to RTwP combat.

Attached: SMT_if_fuck.gif (256x224, 11K)

>says RTWP is superior because you can quickly breeze through trivial battles
>but it's bad when it's turn based

you aren't a human being.

It doesn't require the inclusion of an extra feature it is just a benefit of playing well, scrub shit. If you'd actually played these games on anything other than easy you would know that the number of encounters that pose no danger are few and far between. Keep sucking shit.

I like turn based more but played bg 1-2 without any issues or furstration.i didn't even really think it was weird, that's just the game and I really liked the games.

>he hasn't played Arcanum

Attached: 1570342118911.png (369x506, 360K)

protip is you enable "autopause on round end" its literally turn based

Just make a turn based game instead, so you can actually have interesting mechanics.

but its turn based

>D&D is turn based and grid based
>RTWP is not turn based and doesn't use a grid
>CRPG purists want RTWP because muh D&D simulation
I don't comprehend

based swen

Thing that, well one of the things, that Pillars got wrong was the weird speed stat. In Baldur's Gate everyone has their own initiative yes, but everyone obeys the 6s round. Makes it much clearer what everyone's doing.
In PoE, every single creature has their own round duration. One guy might have 5.5s, the other 6.4s. Makes it a clusterfuck to follow.
Also one of the things that shows that Sawyer really didn't get anything about what made BG good.

>everyone obeys the 6s round
But that's the worst part of Bioware's classic RTwP combat.

(You) didn't get what made BG good either then

So what did make BG so good?

Cute and funny halflings

Because RTWP is a simulation of how a D&D battle would actually play out. Making a turn-based game is holding it back by the same technical limitations as playing a boardgame with dice and paper.

Yeah but not really
Full action RPGs are a better representation of what D&D battles play like from a narrative perspective
And full turn based RPGs are a better representation of D&D battles crunch-wise
RTWP is a bastard child of narrative and crunch that can't commit to either side

>Full action RPGs are a better representation of what D&D battles play like from a narrative perspective
Completely incorrect to a stupid degree. There's so much stuff to keep track of like possible actions, inventory items, spells, status effects, buffs, etc. that full real time simply wouldn't be playable. Not to mention this becomes exponentially more difficult the more party members you have. The party member problem cannot be solved at all, because the options would be just having one character, AI teammates or mandatory multiplayer which are all absolutely retarded.

The only way to have an actual D&D simulation that's actually playable by anyone who isn't a 9000 apm gookclicker is moving in real time while being able to pause at any time. Some kind of a.. Real Time With Pause -system.

>the problem cannot be solved at all
>except for these perfectly valid solutions
good job retard-kun

>Giving the player infinite timestop powers is stupid;
not when the combat is still paced in turns and dice roll DND shit

Well-designed turn-based combat can be fun.
Well-designed RTwP combat can be fun.

turn based feels like commanding multiple characters
rtwp feels like babysitting them