Top notch writing / 20

Top notch writing / 20

Attached: 2019-03-09-010532.jpg (960x544, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6jM9TGSjgKc
youtube.com/watch?v=5uPoDNEn3I0
gender.go.jp/policy/no_violence/e-vaw/chousa/pdf/h26danjokan-8.pdf
japantimes.co.jp/community/2017/09/27/issues/surviving-sexual-assault-japan-victimized/#.XlweZo7YrnE
japan-experience.com/to-know/visiting-japan/women-only-cars-on-trains
soranews24.com/2018/08/03/man-boards-women-only-carriage-on-japanese-train-gets-his-glasses-knocked-off【video】/
japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/02/03/national/media-national/japans-suicide-statistics-dont-tell-the-real-story/#.XlwhYI7YrnE
theconversation.com/despite-japans-low-crime-rates-its-seen-a-number-of-mass-stabbings-in-the-past-decade-117910
cbsnews.com/news/fort-worth-police-officer-aaron-dean-resigns-today-after-fatally-shooting-atatiana-jefferson-in-her-home-2019-10-14/
reddit.com/r/japan/comments/3lnpt6/is_jake_adelstein_a_good_source_for_investigative/cv8rz57/
reddit.com/r/japan/comments/3lnpt6/is_jake_adelstein_a_good_source_for_investigative/cv8uolo/
google.ch/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/International/scandal-missing-100-year-olds-graying-japan/story?id=11393615?espv=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Even the fans understand that Persona’s writing is shit.

That's a perfectly valid motivation for joining the police force, especially in a country like Japan. I don't see your problem with this line.

Baddies, baddies, what are you going to do, what are you going to do when the guy legally carrying the guy approaches you.

Does he do the shoot all XD

Not P5 "fans" apparently

why do cops in Japan even need guns. their crime itself is barely train groping let alone violent crime that would ever require a gun.

Yeh, he literally says "You'd be surprised how many are like that..." IN THIS IMAGE. Meaning it isn't unheard of or uncommon (at least in the story, no clue if it's really real like that).

Japan has plenty of violent crime. The police are just lazy pussies who have been bought out by the yakuza.
They ignore sexual assault half the time and constantly declare murders as suicide

Ahahahahha Persona is complete garbage.

He's right though. Police forces actually refuse you if you have too high of an iq.

I feel the same way too. I literally dont get where the bad wiritng is supposed to be here. Some people even go far to join militias as a reason in more corrupted places.

[citation needed]

>legally

Attached: persona_5_anime_ren_2_1125466[1].jpg (640x360, 20K)

I live here, and there are articles about the murder rate if you feel like looking

I don't think Japanese police typically carry guns, even. Or maybe I'm thinking of England.

Thats an airsoft gun user, c'mon

Imaigne falling for memes this hard
you cant possibly belive that, as low as japans crime rate is, a nation of 126 million is a completely peaceful utopia with literally no crime at all

>toy/model gun

>dude trust me

>citation: my ass

Post like this reminds me how good japan is to have a "fanbase" willingly to shit on them in every single occasion

This so much
>GET ON THE FLOOR
>BUT DON'T TOUCH THE FLOOR
>DO A BACK FLIP
>NO BREATHING

Attached: simon says.jpg (780x438, 23K)

>fanbase
it's a country

Some men just want to watch the world turn into tangerines.

Man what a way to go
At least he was drunk

context please?

Magatsu Izanagi is easily a top 10 persona though

Manlet cop takes his manlet aggression out on an unarmed civilian.

Basically incel faggot makes some normalfag dad play simon says and kills him after he complies. Also he had edgy shit edged on his gun's barrel.

Murica yo

why? from the photo it looks like hes complying

please tell me that the cop got punished severely

He didnt

>the cop
>punished severely
lmao

what the fuck...

I dunno but he probably got a severe punishment of 5 days suspension with pay.
Very severe for a cop thats like 2 life sentences for a normal civilian

That cop actually got rehired
youtube.com/watch?v=6jM9TGSjgKc

The Adachi reveal is the best part of P4. The Scooby Doo gang has been spending the whole game trying to figure out his motivation, doing kiddie tier "investigations" of hunches and shit. Then when Yu's last hunch is right by basically just a fluke and they confront him, he reveals that all their attempts at rationalizing or predicting what he was doing was bullshit.

It's like a real life psychopath kicked in the door to their fantasy party and shit all over them. As a narrative twist it's probably the best in the series.

Cop points a gun at a scared, sobbing drunk guy and barks orders at him, something like "get on your knees, hands up, now waddle on your knees toward me", when the guy's pants begin to fall and he goes to lift them up, the cop shoots him dead instantly.
Cop himself was fucking insane, he had "YOU'RE FUCKED" branded on his gun, so you know he was waiting to kill some dude.

We don't care about trivia.
This is an Adachi thread.

Nah Jap officers carry a snubnose revolver while on-duty. I think if you're higher ranked you get to carry a semi.

>Murder some random dude
>get life time pension+benefits at 30 Years old
Do they really?

youtube.com/watch?v=5uPoDNEn3I0

ALRIGHT MOTHERFUCKER YOU MAKE ONE SINGLE FUCKING MISTAKE AND I'LL BLOW YOUR FUCKING BRAINS OUT
SIMON SAYS HANDS UP
SIMON SAYS CROSS YOUR LEGS
SIMON SAYS GET ON THE FUCKING GROUND NOW
SIMON SAYS CRAWL TOWARDS ME
SIMON SAYS STOP
CONTINUE CRAWLING
I DIDNT SAY SIMON SAYS YOU MOTHERFUCKER *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG*

Attached: 1513164884533.png (1650x1250, 171K)

What's the problem with a villain having a simple motivation. As long as they're entertaining it shouldn't matter that much.

You're thinking of England. Jap cops carry guns but they're just shitty .38 revolvers that only hold five rounds.

Literally one google search but fuck it I'll spoonfeed
gender.go.jp/policy/no_violence/e-vaw/chousa/pdf/h26danjokan-8.pdf

japantimes.co.jp/community/2017/09/27/issues/surviving-sexual-assault-japan-victimized/#.XlweZo7YrnE

Attached: SIMON SAYS DONT FUCK UP.png (2660x1698, 554K)

Pretty sure that's not even how SWAT is trained to apprehend suspects

>reveal
>the idiot you'd least expect is the villain
That's a twist if you've never seen a murder mistery your life. I doubt they were trying to subvert anything.

>dude
>just trust me on this okay

I love japan. I do not love its police though, they are racist, lazy and incompetent

Not like it matters, as we've seen for years, cops can kill whoever they want and get away with it, remember when cops pulled up and shot an 8 year old kid and got no punishment?

Attached: 1572161986293.jpg (411x405, 21K)

Are American policemen really that bad?
Hit me.

What? source to that?

>cops can kill whoever they want and get away with it,
That's not even remotely true and you know it.

no point trying to give source user even if you do they are the yakuza

Imagine your government not recognizing your god given right to own and carry a gun.
fucking.
IMAGINE.
god bless.

Attached: 1386291401529.jpg (1000x750, 66K)

Id like a source on that

This thread is making me question that

Attached: muh unreported rapes.png (1587x342, 73K)

>Noooo how dare you actually give a source when I asked for one.
Japan also has female only train carts. But that's probably unrelated.

japan-experience.com/to-know/visiting-japan/women-only-cars-on-trains

soranews24.com/2018/08/03/man-boards-women-only-carriage-on-japanese-train-gets-his-glasses-knocked-off【video】/

There was a report that someone in his hotel room pointed a gun outside a window, there was no gun, I don't know what happened but he was just a drunk guy scared out of his mind. The cops were treating him like he was a wearing a bomb vest while black. Got shot for losing at a high stakes game of simon says.

burger tards with low iq who think they are better than everyone gets a gun what do you think happens

>Talk about murders
>Give links about sexual assault

Attached: [Asenshi] Little Witch Academia - 01 [6A9D1E5C].mkv_snapshot_04.50_[2017.01.10_15.28.15].jpg (540x695, 52K)

>Post half the thread before yours gives a full explanation
>Reply again with a half-assed one

Attached: 1575832224907.gif (1119x884, 747K)

Atlus games are just shit in general big surprise

Rolling out

This

Open the door, get on the floor
Everybody walk the dinosaur!

>This thread is making me question that
What, the shooting of the dude in the hotel? Why the fuck do you think he's working a shit job at a steel mill now? That shit along with a fuck ton of violations he committed landed him in deep shit.

In Japan nobody can have a gun otherwise so it makes sense

Wait so this fucker is just allowed to walk free with a few guns again?

Shin megami tensei is unironically a legitimately great series.

This instance alone is better than the entirety of Persona 5 and most JRPGs. You don't know what quality writing even is so you shouldn't make these types of posts.

He also talked about sexual assault but fine.
japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/02/03/national/media-national/japans-suicide-statistics-dont-tell-the-real-story/#.XlwhYI7YrnE

theconversation.com/despite-japans-low-crime-rates-its-seen-a-number-of-mass-stabbings-in-the-past-decade-117910

>get ambushed
>MC dies in 2 hits
>get sent to main screen
yeah fucking great game there weebs

he literally gets a giant medical pension every month because he claimed the accident gave him "PTSD"

he makes more than everyone in this thread.

So is every single japanese person

For 42 days and he was given a "budget position" which I'm guessing means a shitty desk job nobody wanted. My guess is to get his lawyer to shut the fuck up and leave them alone.

Who the fuck thinks JRPG's have great writing? Who's the human that thinks that?

Attached: 1562685315509.png (1366x768, 1.19M)

>heh, you think this thing was good? Well guess what, I saw it once before. Checkmate

Attached: tips pizza.jpg (640x802, 52K)

Damn right.

Attached: Sleeping Dogs.png (500x371, 182K)

persona games seems been written by fanfic "writers"

He was rehired by the police temporarily so he could be let go with benefits. He gets paid a pension for murdering someone.

You'd be surprised.. but you're not surprised?

there is literally nothing wrong with what he said here tho

He reached to pull up his shorts because he was drunk and didn't think it through. Got turned into Swiss cheese because the police were called there about a guy pointing a gun out a window.

How shallow and pathetic Adachi's reasons are is actually why he's well written though.

Murderers really do be like that.

it’s one of those things you don’t really think about until someone points it out

He's talking to kids

>not setting yourself up so that doesn't happen

low IQ spotted

England (and the UK) police officers don't carry guns, they have tasers and batons instead.

you're right would have been way better if he joined the police to avenge his fallen brother

why are you mad that an amoral psychopath cares more about owning a gun than anything else?

please don't kill me

Attached: 1555795893740.jpg (244x354, 63K)

This is your brain on /pol/
Hey tough guy.
Becoming a police officer isn't hard.
Go become one.
Shoot a random dude.
Tell me how it goes.

>just grind bro

>pol
>anti cop

are you fucking retarded?

Blease no :DDDDD

>change your equipment/magatama every now and then bro

FTFY*

>cops pulled up and shot an 8 year old kid and got no punishment?
i hope you aren't talking about that retarded negroid who had no orange tip on his toy gun. that was just darwinism. my mom told me at an early age never to take the orange tip off my toy gun because it could be mistaken for a real one.

The argument was about police treatment of women who report rape, not about the validity of unreported rape rates.

>be American
>person comes to my house in the middle of the night while I'm playing video games with my nephew
>they're rummaging around my windows
>grab my legally owned handgun from my safe
>go to the window to investigate who these people are walking and whispering outside my bedroom window
>the person outside my window points a gun at me and starts shouting for me to put my hands up
>get shot to death because it was a police officer who never made any attempt to identify himself as such despite showing up in the middle of the night on a non-emergency call

cbsnews.com/news/fort-worth-police-officer-aaron-dean-resigns-today-after-fatally-shooting-atatiana-jefferson-in-her-home-2019-10-14/

THE LAND OF THE FREE. Good thing the police gave it a few days for him to resign! They were thiiiis close to firing him!

No it wasn't, faggot. And even if it was, it would still be wrong.

>/pol/ is one person
Great job, retard. Way to ignore everything else too.

>bad guy is a dickhead
too avant-garde for you?

Are you retarded?

Your second link literally says
>Despite these incidents, Japan remains one of the safest countries in the world.
And does not in any way claim that the numbers are fudged or misrepresented like you're claiming, it's just an article about stabbings.
>The low crime rate in Japan makes a horrific crime like the Kawasaki stabbing newsworthy.
That out of the way, your first link is primarily emotionally charged while focusing little on actual numbers. The only real numerical point presented is
>According to the NPA, since 1998 there have been 45 cases of murder initially ruled by police to have been due to natural causes or suicide.
Which they use to say "yeah so like there's probably lots more, not that I need proof to substantiate this or anything". Hence the rest of the article focusing on those few cases and insubstantial statements from others. The latter is unreliable because of the author:
>Jake Adelstein is an investigative journalist and author of the bestselling “Tokyo Vice.” He contributes to The Atlantic Wire and the Japan Subculture Research Center, and is a Polaris Project Japan board member.
Adelstein is a liar and a fraud with a history of embellishments, exaggerations, and outright falsehoods that he tries to pass off as fact for sensationalism, which is exactly what his "non-fiction" book Tokyo Vice is. See
reddit.com/r/japan/comments/3lnpt6/is_jake_adelstein_a_good_source_for_investigative/cv8rz57/
reddit.com/r/japan/comments/3lnpt6/is_jake_adelstein_a_good_source_for_investigative/cv8uolo/
And the rest of the thread in general.

I'm playing P5 right now and the shitty writing is pissing me off constantly.
The moment they decided that a busy train platform would be the ideal location for a "secret base" was the moment I lost all faith in the writing.
And now they got busted by the student council prez because Ryuji can't help but yell about phantom thief stuff, at school, at the top of his lungs.
Jesus Christ this game really tests your patience doesn't it?

Attached: 471366895168.gif (269x200, 72K)

>There was a time where Japanese Police carried Samurai Swords
Imagine a policeman charging at you with a huge ass sword, Jesus Christ.

Attached: 2.jpg (1800x853, 709K)

Have you tried not being a nigger?

>atatiana jefferson

Just because it might be common knowledge in the police force doesn't mean it would also be common knowledge in the general public you double nigger.

It's like someone made a tutorial Phoenix Wright Case and turned it into an 80 hour game where the plot progresses over a calendar. Just a terrible fucking idea that turned out popular. Still better than P5 though.

All I can develope is a gun and a sword that cost all my macca, I can't fuse anything and talking always ends with fucking dying
the games are utterly fucked

>They ignore sexual assault half the time
Please quote where unreported rapes were previously mentioned

To be fair nobody carries a gun. A taser+baton is enough for a knife fight.

>Please quote where unreported rapes were previously mentioned
In the article he linked as his source, you dumb fuck. Or are we going to ignore the primary focus of the article to pretend that one emotional account of a gaijin having a hard time is an actual representation of the entire system?

google.ch/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/International/scandal-missing-100-year-olds-graying-japan/story?id=11393615?espv=1

>Japanese never break the law except when they do it all the time and hide the evidence
Cope

I fucking hate artificial conflict caused by lazy writing. They couldn't think of a decent way to carry things on naturally so they just write in stupid shit like that.

Why didn't he just move to the US?

Attached: ea692d_7562303.jpg (1200x812, 142K)

Wouldn't this only apply to literally any country that isn't America? You don't need to be a cop here to own a gun. Also Adachi is based as fuck and Naoto is the best girl

Soul vs Soulless

Adachi is a lame Incel and Naoto is a boring cunt.

So you just read the introduction? The entire article is about treatment of victims of rape. Just because the article also mentions non-reported rape doesn't mean the original claim was about that, and also doesn't mean that the original claim is invalid.

>Here are two examples of old people being found dead one of which involved a family hiding the body
>Also there are 75 reported missing people over the age of 100
I don't know what you thought this was meant to prove.

Attached: 1534320819394.jpg (934x855, 73K)

>The entire article is about treatment of victims of rape.
Because that's the emotional kicker designed to drive home the narrative they want to push in the absence of actual facts and numbers, which have been presented.
>and also doesn't mean that the original claim is invalid.
It does however mean that it's unsubstantiated as simply saying "here are three examples of women who had bad experiences" is not an actual case.

Ah yes, mean muh soggy knee man is a bad character. I'd much prefer better villains like...evil robot symbolism avatar or...uhh...generic bald corporation man

Attached: 1555984189590.png (419x453, 229K)

Absolutely this, it's not even just limited to vidya, but it's worse for vidya because the character that is supposed to be you keeps making the most retarded decisions that no one would ever make irl.
It's like in Catherine, where the MC could fix all the drama by just telling the title slut that he has a girlfriend but instead keeps stammering on and lying to both girls for weeks.

The only people who pretend Persona ever had a good story though are P2/P3 fags. How do you think they defend their garbage gameplay

Shit that would be common sense in real life is never thought of in game until 100 hours in. It's really fucking rare in media when they put the characters on the same level as the viewer or player, and give them any kind of intelligence to figure shit out. It's always a relief when it happens though.

I still can't believe that scrawny little fuck covered in tattoos got off scot free for that nonsense.

>Dumb teenagers getting punished for being dumb
>shitty writing
There's plenty of problems with Persona 5's writing, but that is definitely not one of them.

>I suddenly can't remember this guy who wrongfully sued me not that long ago and made me move out here in the first place because that would be too convenient

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 170K)

It's too bad P4FGolden died on the Vita, I wanted it on ps4.

>the MC could fix all the drama by just telling the title slut that he has a girlfriend

Catherine says right after he wakes up that she'll kill him if she catches him with anyone else.

But user, he put on glasses

I like the ending where you bang on top of her dad.

>ignoring the forest because you want to shit on a tree: the post

The cop was suspended, fired/rehired, then retired with a pension for PTSD. Shit was fucked, yo. Then again, the people bitching about America forget that there is a huge difference from place to place. Big city cops are absolute scum, small town cops tend to be based.

Obama made activist judges who completely approve of killing law-abiding gun owners and don't give a fuck about the actual law the norm, now Trump is getting his revenge by appointing hordes of right-wing judges.

That's because those were the only ones that did have a good story.

Bro you haven't even gotten to the actual shit writing yet.

Yakuza

are those guys even a threat to anyone? seems like they're more just glorified loan sharks who get spoopy tattoos.

Read the second sentence, I don't think they made that shit predictable on purpose.

>we should be careful, the police are investigating the phantom thieves, we should be careful, even among ourselves
>WHAT UP BRO LETS GO TO OUR USUAL PHANTOM THIEVES MEETING!
>wtf why are we in trouble this sucks
>*misses*
what in the unholy name of fucking christ was Ryuji's problem?

Attached: 1559319927249.png (920x409, 397K)

Why was P4's cast so shit compared to P3's cast?
Why was P5's cast so shit compared to P4's cast?

I'll take it over "insult a Muslim go to prison and get stabbed".

Because they read the market correctly. Personafags just want shallow waifus and anime tropes.

it's really not his fault at all, Makoto had nothing and Joker should have told her to fuck off. there's literally a dude in the school who tells everyone passing by that he's a phantom thief. Ryuji's "confession" means nothing because it sounds like kids goofing off more than anything.

Mascot characters.

always thought jap cops were like brits, but instead of carrying a baton, they just carry mancatchers and such