Xbox Series X

Xbros, wtf is happening. You said we're winning...

Attached: 20200301_203811.jpg (1506x1324, 236K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/xbox-series-x-cpu-performance-analisys-suggests/
techspot.com/review/1977-amd-ryzen-1600-af/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Snoy cope General

Attached: Screenshot_20200228-002446_Chrome.jpg (1080x1920, 413K)

Thats not bad for a console though.

>they made 12 terraflops sound like a lot
>my homebuilt PC hits 18 terraflops like nothing

wccftech.com/xbox-series-x-cpu-performance-analisys-suggests/

This is where you pretend it cost 500

Nobody cares about your website

SX is gonna be 599

actual retard analyst
3.5GHz 8c16t Zen2 wipes the floor with the 1600AF

Wow the mobile version of a 3 year old CPU
How will NASA recover

winning over last gen xbone which was a colossal failure, and that ain't sayin much

The 1600 AF is essentially a 2600 minus 2% or so. Not Zen 2 but still a HUGE jump up from Jaguar.

Jaguar was just a low end bulldozer tier APU, anything recent would destroy it easily.

What do modern games even need good CPUs for? Physics and AI literally have not improved in over a decade considering that games like F.E.A.R. or Crysis 1 did those better than most games nowadays.

Attached: 1380688958608.jpg (441x411, 15K)

Maybe those things haven’t improved cause console keep using ancient CPU technology.

But pc master race :(

This has got to be one of the dumbest headlines I've ever seen. 1600 is the first gen of ryzen and is only 6 cores. Next gen consoles will be using 8 cores from the Zen 2 family.

>1600 is the first gen of ryzen and is only 6 cores. Next gen consoles will be using 8 cores from the Zen 2 family.
At lower clock speed, obviously.
PS4 and Xbone Jaguars were 8 cores and even dual core i3 CPUs outperformed it. They're going for 8 cores this gen as well for backwards compatibility.

Games that are made in India or China or by California CS students.

It makes sense that it might be on par with a 1600AF because consoles usually reserve one or two cores for OS and other background processes.

desu for consoles it still would be pretty strong

framerate, mostly.

>The full analysis, which goes quite in-depth, can be found here. It is based on incomplete information, as there is still a lot we do not know about Microsoft's next-gen console, but it is an interesting read nonetheless.

Dude PSQuintuple doesn't even have RDNA2, it's over

Dumb comparison again because the 8 core in the current consoles are low power shite made for tablets. We know from both companies they'll be using the full on desktop tier cores. Jaguar was only used because bulldozer was too power hungry for consoles.

No, full desktop tier cores is just wishful thinking, they have less cache for one

I don't understand why so many people care about console specs. They'll be set on day 1, and won't progress for years. Within six months they will be outclassed by better hardware.

It's not the 90s or early 2000s anymore. Consoles are a relic of a bygone era, which is why every year there are fewer and fewer good console games.

pretty much just monster hunter world comes to mind since it keeps track of the monsters at all times.

larger playercounts e.g. battle royale

why on earth would we play a battle royale?

From tablet tier to lowmid tier PC CPU is huge for consoles, still laughable for PC standards.

How much will it cost to finally have SeX?

I dunno, guess what is the most popular game around, special snowflake?

Poor optimization and shitty ports on PC

>my homebuilt PC hits 18 terraflops
and not a single game or application can use that

do retards still think lower cpu clock rates still have any real effect on tdp?

it's going to be a 3700x with maybe a slightly smaller cache.

>its 100% to be a ryzen 3000
>its gonna be 1600 level performance
People need to stop listening to tech illiterate analysts that have no fucking clue what they're talking about

cope

I was expecting a slightly better Ryzen closer to the new 4000HS... A 1600 is decent tho but not enough to push 60fps at 4k, so this pretty much confirms another 30fps gen.

Attached: 1549381673429.jpg (337x599, 67K)

Its a console, what did you expect?
As long it has a decent iGPU it will be fine.

>i3 of the same generation is as powerful as i7 of the same generation

Yes consolers do like to pretend consoles are magic and can do more for unrealisticly less, don't they?
>"$300 Playstation 3 out-performs $15,000 top of the line gaming PC in every field!"

Attached: Playstation Lies.gif (3470x2470, 2.35M)

>believing anything anyone related to gaming consoles say.
They have to lie to sell these things. It's been like that for at least two decades.

>PS4 to out-perform PC for "years to come", says 'Just Cause' developer
Oof, JC3 is borderline playable on consoles.

>PS4 out-performs PC for "years to come"
You know someone doesn't know what they're talking about regarding PC's when they are treating the PC as a single-spec affair, like a gaming console is. Consoles will not out-perform the PC because the PC has more hardware the user can add to increase performance. You can't do that with gaming consoles. There is no "The PC" console.

Attached: 1426452887333.png (1920x1096, 2.93M)

>mfw Xbox will be cheaper than PS5 and Microshit will dominate next gen

Attached: 8Ggmr6AhpyBtOyY.png (703x438, 409K)

If it can do 60fps on 1080p it absolutely can do 60fps on 4k.
techspot.com/review/1977-amd-ryzen-1600-af/

hey dumb fuck the 1600 af is sen 2. Its a 12nm part.

They even specify that PS4 will "outperform" PC, because of 8GB of RAM. And 8GB has been a standard for PC builds since like 2011, in 2013 16GB wasn't even that uncommon. Not to mention mention 8GB of console RAM also include graphics memory, and 2GB of VRAM was bare minimum for gaming PCs at the time.

remember when the PS4 was supposedly shooting for 60FPS as a minimum

what a fukken laugh. and people are eating it all up again.

you realize current gen consoles are held back by the same CPU architecture as the consoles that released with FEAR and crysis right? Jaguar shit is gone next gen

>consolefags still don't realize that performance between modern consoles doesn't mean shit
Back in the 360/PS3 days different companies made the SoCs for each console. Now the SoCs are made by AMD exclusively.

zen 2 and navi are leagues ahead of whatever is in the consoles now.

why are you taking some dude's blog as word of god?

Microsoft is actually making 2 consoles. One with 12 TFLOPS GPU being the high end console and the cheap one with apparently 4 TFLOPS GPU (equivalent of Xbone X GPU in new architecture), both having the same CPU. One is most likely a proper 4K console, the other 1440p or 1080p 60 fps console.

>remember when the PS4 was supposedly shooting for 60FPS as a minimum

Attached: 14c[1].jpg (600x733, 29K)

The dude made his research and connected tbe dots. And you people seriously underestimate the power of 1600AF, which is a very recent revision and since it's actually more of 2600 at better cost.

analysis also said we wouldn't get 12tf on rdna 2 architecture. but here we are.

It's been seven fucking years you newfag nigger. Google it yourself. I bet you don't even remember them hinting PS3 backwards compatibility.

ok I googled it and found nothing, guess your claim is bullshit

lol retard

The question is how expensive, since SeX isn't the only next gen Xbox. It's simply the most powerful of the new consoles.

12Tf of performance, or are they counting the individual transistors and calling it performance?

Japanese devs haven't quite figured out how to run their games off the GPU yet. This is why SFV and MHW are colossal CPU hogs.

I remember they had to nerf destruction on consoles because the game would stutter hard otherwise

i actually read all his blog posts regarding the the xbox series x, he's missing KEY info such at the soc size that has been estimated to be quite large and would throw all his calculations off.

No, they didn't do that with the xbox one or the xbox one x, so why would they do that now lol.

what a retarded claim, MFV and MHW are running on outdated engines. RE engine is one of the best in the industry right now

Yeah, Ubi themselves noted that in pure power, PS3 CPU was stronger than PS4, when they simulated clothes physics. Only when they used GPU for some calculations, the amount of simulated clothes increased massively.

SFV is using UE4, a very scalable engine that even works on phones and Switch.
The reason RE Engine works so well, is because they're using it for smaller scale action games, not open world stuff like MHW, but yeah yeah MT Framework just wasn't meant for open world, just like RE Engine.

>MHW
>open world
it's barely more open than DMCV

it's zen+ not zen2

Attached: 044303865b285ed65eac7329c7d98bea90b92f9be1c8746342eeb61715995b3d_1.jpg (1080x985, 148K)

If you read it as 'at the same price and similar form factor' then it would be true in that Sony and Microsoft block AMD from releasing similarly powerful SOC hardware to the general market ensuring that it will be next to impossible to match the performance in a similarly sized price and package. Its only now when the PS4 is on its way out that AMD looks like they're finally going to release a SOC onto the general market that could match the PS4 in price/performance/size.

Generally building a PC you're going to have to sacrifice at least one of those, and most likely two of them.

the 8gb in ps4 was still a godsend from the ps3, hell i would wager if the ps3 had 4gb ram it could perform as good as a docked switch

but it wont be 3.5 ghz lol, its a mobile low power part, it will be under 2ghz all core, maybe boost to 3.6ghz