Deep Rock Galactic

Do I need voice chat to enjoy this?
Or is it like L4D where people don't really talk?

Attached: drg.jpg (616x353, 66K)

Just hold ctrl and click a thing

If you make liberal use of the ping tool, you're probably fine. You can mark out most anything of importance.

ROCK AND STONE!

No all you need is the pointer tool and V

I haven't played this weekend because I'm traveling, but on non free weekends when playing this game has the most amazing community. Everyone is just chill as fuck.

For the love of GOD, please watch/play the tutorial and don't join Haz4.

You need friends to enjoy it.

How do you get more Blue ranks?

FOR KARL!

The game seems rough even on haz3
Stepped out of the drill, instantly mobbed by jellyfish and giant spitting beetles, and a couple guys fell through a disguised hole in the ground

To add to this, the laser pointer that comes out of your pointing tool can be seen by other players. You can swing it around from the mouth of a tunnel to get player's attention, or use it when pointing to lead people's eyes. It's a really useful communication tool when pointing, but the laser being visible raises it to the next level.

level the classes. 3 class levels = 1 blue rank.

In a scale from Borderlands to Warframe, how addicting is this game?

I give it a rating of some actually good game

I've stopped gaming for about 6 months and its the only game that makes me think about turning my PC on again.

Dead by daylight when every match is fun and low ping

Yeah it's basically L4D, you'll get by with OVER HERE and FOUND THIS and ROCK N STONE
Also as someone who'a played this and Vermintide, Deep Rock is the best L4D clone on the market.

Eggs and salvage missions ALWAYS have a rough landing. Get ready to fight the moment you get off the drop pod. Gunners and Scouts have excellent panic buttons for getting out of trouble, but Drillers and Engineers should keep their head on a swivel and start prepping ASAP.

>Gunner can chuck shield down
>Scout can grapple out of trouble
>Driller can make a mini-bunker in the floor and coat the walls with sticky flame
>Engineer needs to use lures or run to a chokepoint and make a mine field, but ALWAYS need to rush a turret up

Haz 5 egg landings can be rough even for experienced players if somebody drops the ball, but once you get more accustomed to assessing threats and killing priority bugs, the landing fights will be very manageable on Haz 4 even if only one dude knows what he's doing.

I've only played with friends but it feels voice chat is really useful since classes complement each other movement wise. Engineer for example can place platforms on a wall right next to an ore deposit that'd be out of reach, which the Scout can then rappel to and mine, while the Gunner places ziplines that the non-scouts can use to navigate and haul heavy items with. Driller does exactly what it says on the tin and quickly digs paths for the entire crew to use. There's a laser pointer which you can use to mark stuff, but it's still very convenient to be able to coordinate navigation by talking.

I AM HUGE
THAT MEANS I CAN MINE HUGE ROCKS

Attached: 1582640454568.jpg (1024x688, 437K)

nope.
>i want to point at something
Hold Ctrl and click
>Gunner
shoot stuff, throw down a shield gen if things get bad, make a zipline network
>Driller
dig shortcuts, set things on fire
>Engineer
slap a turret down when you get to a new area, fill in holes and make bridges/stairs with your platform gun. make platforms for the scout
>Scout
dig those minerals on the ceiling and other hard-to-reach places. zip ahead of everyone to check if a tunnel or ledge is worth exploring.

congrats, you are now an expert at the game

>Do I need voice chat to enjoy this?
No. The game has a couple neat in-game gimmicks, namely the Laser Pointer, that lets the team communicate surprisingly effectively even while "mute".

>Or is it like L4D where people don't really talk?
I mostly play with my IRL friends through Discord, and we chat all the time. However, even we do mute-runs once in a while. The game works damn well in that regard.

Attached: 1569002866219.jpg (800x805, 98K)

You don't really need voice/text communication unless you're playing at the highest difficulties. It helps of course but it's not critical.

stupid danes ruined my
>freezer
>IW
>sprint
>M100

>Scout and Engi spend the entire mission passive-aggressively pinging shit all over the cave

Attached: so long gay green.png (210x211, 94K)

man why online games are just online cause they don't want to make a good IA, people just don't talk in online anymore

You're not making any sense, kiddo.

But you can play it in singleplayer, dumbass. You even get an upgradeable drone to help.