He just won the most recent Pokemon popularity poll...

He just won the most recent Pokemon popularity poll. Can people finally acknowledge that he has a place in Smash and cutfags should leave him be?

Attached: Greninja_-_Super_Smash_Bros._Ultimate.png (1658x1564, 1.56M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JJclFQBEhT8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't think anyone could legit argue for him to be cut at any point. It's Incineroar that's in the hot seat, imagine getting shilled for years but still being less popular than both forms of the owl.

Attached: muh popularity.png (1055x720, 272K)

There's a lot of rosterfags who aren't really Pokemon fans and don't realize just how popular Greninja is simply because he isn't a Gen 1 mon. You'd think getting #1 in multiple polls and beating out the likes of Pikachu, Charizard, Mewtwo, Lucario etc would make people realize that Greninja is actually popular and not just a shillmon like Incineroar

Im a pokemon fan and I dont understand why greninja is popular whatsoever

I could type a whole thing out here but basically old gens good, new gens bad, that's it really.
I've never cared for Charizard and here we are.

I mean I dont like lucario but I understand why its popular, its a fursona, but this dumb frog with his gross tongue all around sticking to everything, all dust all leaves all dirt gets stick in that scarf tongue
eewwww

Rowlet is best alolan

Incredibly boring shillmon. No idea why he won.

>Cool ninja aesthetic
>Was Ash's ace in the hole in the Gen 6 anime which was incredibly popular
>Starter
>Strong in competitive play

I just don't understand it much. Is it because he is a ninja? and if so does japan have that much of an obsession with ninjas?

I want omastar or rampardos in smash damn it

It's a ninja frog that uses its tounge as scarf/mask, what's not to love?

Suddenly Chad tier taste enters the thread

I know it appeals to a lot of underage edgelords because of it being really strong in competitive, has a super special Naruto transformation, and had a ton of over the top fight scenes in the anime when Ash used one. For me the design is just the perfect blend of silly and cool

>not really pokemon fans
And there's your problem. You're looking at this from the point of view of the pokemon franchise, and thinking that same situation equates in a conversation about other games, like smash.
Pikachu is a more popular video game character than Greninja. Pikachu has international recognition. The specific fanbase of pokemon may like another pokemon more, but people who generally play video games and aren't invested enough to get involved in a vote for which character they like the most are still a bigger audience than hardcore pokemon fans.

I mean just because people who left after Pokemania ended don't recognize him doesn't mean he isn't popular. That's like saying because Kirby is recognizable to people who don't even play video games much, means Meta Knight doesn't deserve to be in.

Real question, but I don't understand Rowlett's popularity. He just looks like a goofy owl. Why not Litten? I thought cats were popular?

Rowlet is cute, there are a lot of quadrupedal cute Pokemon for Litten to compete with like Eevee, meanwhile the next popular bird Pokemon is maybe Piplup, which has a totally different appeal from Rowlet, who's an orb and an owl which is a pretty unique niche to occupy.

Also even if Decidueye is edgy it's still within the same realm of appeal that Rowlet has, Incineroar is completely and utterly different from Litten, I remember a lot of people saying they were picking another starter when Incineroar was confirmed to be real because it looked nothing like the cat people liked.

Comedy Owl

>Great typing
>Great movepool
>Busted ability
>Popular AF in the anime
>Got his own special evolution

Yeah idk either.

Grass being starved for a good starter since Venusaur and the whole owl-archer thing being cool.

I always end up with Primarina though. Amazing typing, amazing movepool.

Mimikyu should have been added instead of wrastlecat

Literally the majority of the grass have been good you retard
>meganium
>sceptile
>sverpieror
>torreta is kinda decent looking
Really only chesnaught or whatever is ugly and just forget that bored and sealed exists

Why didn’t they use lycanroc instead of wrastlecat? Is there even any 4 legged fighters besides fuck hunt and ivysaur

TCPI wanted to shill Incineroar more.

You're right, but I think meganium is a bit of a dud compared to the other grass starters. Not as bad as chesnaught, but I would take torreta over it any day.

I'm still seething, there were loads of better options to pick from.

All the grass starters outside of Smugleaf ended up overshadowed by the other starters.

it is simply just greninja's destiny to be bullied forever.

>sceptile
>torterra
>serperior

I was talking about how they look you compfag

>Meganium
You mean the one no one want to pick when they're going through Johto?
>Sceptile
Still overshadowed by Blaziken
>Serperior
Actually managed to be the best one
>Torterra
Decent, but was a massive jobber and overshadowed by the other starters too much.

Too many canines already, they should’ve chosen tapu koko

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OWLKEKS ARE STILL SEETHING OVER A YEAR LATER

>I always end up with Primarina though. Amazing typing, amazing movepool.
I would kill myself before picking that faggot pokemon even if it its amazing

Venusaur has been a OU staple for 8 gens bruh, he's beyond popular.

It's a fucking ninja. What is hard to understand about people thinking ninjas are cool?

I was talking more about the general fan reception.

Venusaur is cool, but does competitive viability actually translate to popularity? Maybe 1% of pokemon players play competitively.

I was comparing them between their own starter sets.
It wouldn't be fair to compare a KAANTOOO starter to a Sinnoh starter,

Not ebin if they add another current gen starter ahhhh
>have series were you could have probably like 100 things that could be interesting
Looool let just use starter from current game XD
Also it doesn’t help half the Pokémon are knatooooooooo and like if you count trainer as one there are 3 starter not counting pika clone lucario only non starter outside gen 1 that’s no okay

>nooooooo you can’t jisg like how they loooook reeee you have to go by how powerful they are
You can beat the games with a pidgey you stupid compfag

It doesn't, I don't know why people pretend it is, people use the most viable Pokemon regardless of popularity, you think people like Amoongus or Lando T? They don't.
The exceptions to this are when GF deliberately makes a Pokemon competitively viable to shill it, for example giving Charizard 2 Megas, giving Lucario an insane movepool and Aura Sphere and making Incineroar custom built to be a doubles monster. We're seeing it again in Gen 8 with Cinderace getting Protean 2 and that move that removes hazards to put them on the enemy field.

Cutfags are mentally ill.

>just chose this literal who no one likes
No way fag Mimikyu, lycanroc, or zeraora would be best choice for gen 7 pick
>muhhhh starter
Getting so lame they always overrated anyway

Quick reminder that rillaboom will probably be next pokemon in smash

You lost, cope with it

Lycanrock, Rowlet, Mymikyu would've all been better

To many caninens
>lucario if you can even count
>fuck hunt
Wooooow so many XD okay retard

Attached: FAAEC79D-55EA-4533-AF26-9E3222292FE6.png (344x424, 7K)

Have you seen anyone pick Chikorita as their starter?

>Mimikyu, Decidueye, and Lycanroc were all much more popular Smash choices and have stood the test of time
>even with the Smash bonus Incineroar still can't beat them
I fucking hate that Baracat, what an ugly fucking design

Attached: 1556422030828.jpg (1079x1575, 128K)

>haha funny comedy birb
He wouldn’t even work as a fighter retard fuck off they wouldn’t use first stage anyway idiot baka
>butttt trainer
Has one of each stage retard
>more starters
What would archer owl even do that link and pit can’t do

>fox
>wolf
>isabelle

>Can people finally acknowledge that he has a place in Smash
I forgot he was in Smash to begin with.

Bayleef if my favourite gen 2 starter pigguman

>tfw picked the grassmon in X/Y because he looked the least terrible and had no idea Greninja existed, the Smash trailer being the first time i saw him

I think we should stop with startermon.

Attached: 1568601384510.jpg (690x800, 301K)

>He thinks there isnt a chance in this fucking world that Cinderace isn't the shill mon of this generation after it has 2 signature moves, Greninja's ability reskinned, a gigantamax form and spotlight front and center in the new anime.

L M A FUCKING O

>all anthro
Retard there’s huge difference between something like lycanroc and fox or Isabelle they are humanoid lycanroc isn’t retard
>buttt lucario
He isn’t humanoid just biped

I've always like Greninja. Lucario too, for that matter. Only Pokemon I'm not a fan of in Smash is Incineroar because I think his moveset is super boring.

Why do Grass starters always get screwed in outside media?

They added greninja before he was even reveled in games

Not like Incineroar does anything the number of heavies aren't already doing. If we're getting a boring moveset might as well be a Pokemon people like.

I was going to vote but they wanted me to have an actual google account when a lot of people have stuck with Juno or moved on to Outlook, i assume this would've skewed the vote a lot in favor of other mons.

I was going to vote Rayquaza

Unironcally people would be more assmade if they added a first gen meme bird instead at least you can argue there isn’t an wrestlers in smash
How about something that Isn’t a starter huh also face it there’s no moveset for dumb comedy orb birb its just a ball

Yes. The real offender is Incineroar. Despite getting shilled a lot, it still ranked the lowest of the Alola starters. No one would miss it except barafags.

Who doesn’t have a gmail at this point?

>lowest ranked
>tranny seal nowhere to be found
Okay retard

Orb owl would probably be the least hard to make a moveset for actually, just add grass and plant shit to his moves, and since he's an orb you'd hardly have to animate anything except his legs and put a set of eye expressions. it'd be literally any moveset decidueye would've had in a small package.

Ash didn't get a Scorbunny, and Toxtricity is more popular. We're getting Eiscue for Smash though because that's how Sakurai rolls.

Gen 6 pokemon design confirmed king.

Attached: pokemon_xy_acrobatics.gif (371x209, 762K)

There are like 3 orbs already in Smash why would an orb bird who can shoot leaves not have a moveset?

Yes. The real offender is Incineroar. Despite getting shilled a lot by TPC and GameFreak, it still ranked lower than Decidueye who was shafted. No one would miss it except barafags.

a lot of people don't like google, you can argue the same thing for facebook but everyone who would use that moved onto twitter and Instagram and so the audience is cut slim.

she cute

ash didn't because the other protag is repping the newmon.

Litten is very cute. Torracat is cool. Incineroar is garbage and brings the entire line down.

Fucking retard
Deciudeye whole thing would be like a archer/Robin hoood and guess what that wouldn’t work on it on orb retard
>buttt it’s the lower stage soo it doesn’t matter
Retard supreme it wouldn’t just be smaller deuicdeye because they are totally different things
That’s like saying koromon would do
Same thing but smaller as wargreymon because they are from the same line
You sound really fucking stupid
>it’s grass just give it grass styled attacks
>plant
That would make zero sense it’s a fucking owl retard
Having a flappy green wind blast Inst a moveset
Face it at most it would be a asssit trophy again it wouldn’t work
Retard

Attached: A111914E-0CBB-4CCD-B275-FEF0B56887BC.jpg (480x360, 19K)

LMAO owlcuck be seethin

He was shoehorned more than Lucario of course it came in as #1 fucker even got an exclusive anime for that was added in the games.

Are you okay? it's a grass type, it does grass stuff. calm down dude.

It's also a ghost but people like to leave that out for some reason.

Shooting leaves isn’t a moveset
And Kirby actually has stuff to take from sense his games are all made around his shape and has a unique abilities and it just works Puff was only added because they could use Kirby and model it off that and was easy filler for the first game
Besides that’s just lazy and stupid

I didn’t mean to put that their retard butt it just because it grass doesn’t mean it would have plant attacks retard

Isn't the orb just grass/flying? i mean i wouldn't be opposed to the ghost stuff.
Grass types are strongly plant related.

As a cutfag I have to agree. Greninja kind of has to stay now.

Oh, I meant Decidueye, but it's not like Rowlet can't use ghost moves. If Byleth can steal weapons he's never used I don't see why Rowlet wouldn't be able to use a ghost attack or two.
A lot of moves on a Pokemon generally use their biology somehow, a HUGE portion of Mewtwo's and Pikachu's attacks use their tails for example, shooting leaves in tandem with a number of other grass and flying moves is indeed a movese.

I think a pokemon using ghost moves besides Shadowball would be great honestly.

There’s more to grass then muh plants whybwoild a owl use plant attacks
Think for a second
Here’s your owl move fag
Gust/wind blast that you could flap harder to make it stronger
Some kinda grass blast
Seed spit
Peck
Wow so unique and fun XD
Retard

he has a cool if you're 13 edgy ninja aesthetic while also having something goofy and creative with his tongue scarf. he's a starter and he's pretty overpowered by pokemon standards
I can see a lot of kids who's first handheld was the 3ds being super in love with this guy and using him to solo the game

So what? fire cat uses claw swipes and fire moves, the elertic eats use their speed and bodies for eletric stuff, the balloon inflates, i don't see a problem with a speedy floaty characters using seeds, vines, and trees.

dark is the most chad pokemon type

Wow, just like how Charizard id popular with edgy 12 year olds who like teh phire.

There were, but Sakurai has shit taste in characters.

And what biology does orb owl have mewtwo and pikachu actually have body types to work with he is a fucking orb
I can already see if he was fighter he would be extremely basic and kinda boring and little akward to use
Face it for he would be a horrible choice especially for a seri s like pokemonnwere you have tons of interesting things to use idiot

Sakurai needs to be replaced.

Here's your bara cat moveset
Wrestling throw
some kind of kick
a claw swiping move
generic attack that would fit on any fighting type
wow so unique and fun XD

Why even try arguing for orb Owl anything he can do edgy shooter owl can do and more at lest he would have maybe some interesting bow shootin stuff
>but link and pit
All they do with their bows is Bascially basic shoot with it you can do a lot with a bow at least he could be interesting orb owl is just borring
I think it would be cool to see proper archer characters that actually do stuff with their bow

I don't care what anyone says. Incineroar is the worst Smash newcomer of all time. Even Byleth was better.

And there is already a character in game that does that last line
Ivysaur that’s already a thing you know that right?

There are almost 20 sword characters and we still got Byleth.

I don’t care for him but he still got 6th for the region it’s not like he bombed or anything

>hahhaha why they no add ivsaur moveset on tiny owl borb they haz many swords XD
Okay retard
Let’s just forget part where he use mutiple weapon huh

The orb is cuter, we don't have a base starter besides Squirtle and
Think i mix of Jigglypuff and Ivysaur.

Doesn't matter. He still shouldn't have gotten in when Gen 7 had so many better choices, but Sakurai couldn't contain his autism and absolutely NEEDED a wrestler.

Pretty sure the only reasons Lycanroc is that high is because it count for 3 Pokemons votes into one.

This was also the case in the latest polls from 2018.

>List of based Gen 8 mons
Mimikyu
Buzzwole
Stakataka

That's literally it, what a shitty gen.

>let’s just add another mishmash semiclone
How about no

We don’t need any more starters let alone current gen ones and especially not first form ones you know ther like hundreds of other ones that still exist it not like current gen starter only ones to choose from

>gen 8

Just like how Rowlet can do more than shoot leaves?

at least torterra was seen in detective pikachu

I obviously didn't mean it like that, i meant down to the basics though. Wario isn't a heavy Mario clone but he shares some attributes.

That's fair, i'm saying the Owl would've been a nice rep for the S/M gen. don't have an interest in Intellion or Scorbunny.

The edgy bow man one yes not they gay comedy birb a full archer is something the game still doesn’t have

What spit seeds and being an annoying memefaggot?
Face it there are 100s of better choices for Pokémon anyone who wants gay comedy relief birb is fucking stupid

Calm down buddy stop spouting buzzwords like you're 15.

Obviously you don't like smaller critters that's fine, but he has wide appeal, more than any of the newmons in smash.

>he has more appeal
>like only 10k more votes on some internet poll
That means nothing go fuck yourself faggot WOW ITS FUCKKING NOTHING YOU FAGGOT
Face it he is a shitty fucking idea for a fighter at least edgy owl archer would have given us a full on archer bowdoode something smash doesn’t have it doesn’t need a mixmash clone let alone a stage one starter from the latest gen at the time of all things no way fag
There’s literally 100s of more interesting and better choices and way more better choices if you only can choose from starters let alone than gay owl birb
>you don’t like small creatures
Projecting pichu is one of my favourites in the game

Attached: 9BE53882-1A38-4825-8C02-BECF8ECBCFE6.png (588x547, 393K)

>More appealnof anu the newmons I smahs
>the only new ones being greninja and wrastlecat
Greninja who you know places first on the total for all the games you fucking retard if you wana count lucario whonyoi know got 2nd total game memebirb wasn’t even in top 30 overall
Go fuck yourself

Who?

You know memebird wasn’t even in overall top 30 right?
Guess what greninja was first In the overall can’t evne count lucario as new he has been in more smash game then not now and if this poll is anything then what only more popular than wrastlecat by like 20k or so? That’s not much retard
Fuck off

youtube.com/watch?v=JJclFQBEhT8

Incineroar was never a popularity pick, Sakurai probably had to put a pokemon because Nintendo told him to do so and he chose the one who had the best moveset potential. I was mad as fuck when Incineroar got him but I love playing him now.

But he's a fire-using heavyweight with a grab! He's so UNIQUE! Isn't moving slower than every other character fun?!

>best moveset potential
Okay retard

>too many [x]
>mattering to Sakurai or Nintendo

Attached: pile of swords.jpg (605x911, 110K)

>counter #85 and a command grab

So this...is the power of moveset potential...damn...

No, what happened was TCPI called Sakurai and said "here's our new shillmon, put him in".

To be fair, his grab and counter have unique mechanics that none other characters in the roster have.

And Decidueye, Mimikyu and Lycanroc probably wouldn't be that much more original either. There's only so much that you can do with character archetype in Smash bros.

Attached: 8ww2ke88zd331.jpg (553x767, 58K)

>popularity or moveset potential being the reason
>believing anything from a corporation

Incineroar was in because Decidueye was already Pokken's pick and Primarina wouldn't attract nearly as many children.

>Incineroar was in because Decidueye was already Pokken
Nah, if this was true, then Charizard, Lucario and Mewtwo wouldn't be in Pokken and Smash too.
Especially when Mewtwo got barely 5k votes more than Incineroar in the latest popularity vote.

Based retard thinking Smash follows Pokken and not the other way around.

>Decidueye
>ghost archer with multiple jumps who shoots leaves and is also a bird who can attack with talons or something
>Lycanroc
>fast quadruped who can manipulate the earth below him
Both would have been better than yet another bipedal humanoid with a counter and grab, Incineroar is just so basic.

Lucario represents the DS gens, while Greninja represents the 3DS gens. Makes sense to me.

>Implying Multiple and Projectiles don't already exist
>Implying Sakurai can/would add such a mechanic for Lycanroc

Stop with your double standards, user. Look at what Sakurai did to Joker, despite having such a great potential for his moveset

>samuri is the onlh one working on smash
Okay retard

It was probably a simultaneous decision, actually. Whoever came first wasn't really the point anyways.

I recall a Pokken interview or article mentioning how they specifically want to minimize the Smash-overlap as to prevent comparisons and maintain a marketable variety.

True, i remember that, but this is from the Point of view of the Pokken team, and i'm doubtfull that the same logic apply to Smash bros devs.

Sceptile is one of Ash's strongest Pokemon, managing to take down a Dakrai and winning him several badges, league matches, and frontier symbols while it was on his lineup. Its prevo Grovyle is huge in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon spinoff

Torterra had a really cool appearance in Detective Pikachu

Rowlet is one of the most popular mons currently and is skilled to death like it's a Pikachu or Eeveeloution

>Fine, but competing against 2 great starters, who also got even better megas.
>Tank with a billion weaknesses
>Launch game doesn’t even contain the ability that makes it good.

>skilled to death

Attached: AA677702-51BE-43F0-94C8-52BAC2865168.jpg (250x128, 6K)

Owlfags want everything. Unappreciative faggots.

I think he won BECAUSE he was in smesh