Final Fantasy 8, Final Fantasy 12 The Zodiac Age and Final Fantasy 15 are my favourites in the franchise...

Final Fantasy 8, Final Fantasy 12 The Zodiac Age and Final Fantasy 15 are my favourites in the franchise. Please say something positive about these games my taste in FF games

Attached: 67427878-C13A-4DFE-BB7A-794FE1E12D98.jpg (1800x1800, 964K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jfFTEQqdhyk
youtu.be/8CTnqYZIGiA?t=47
youtu.be/C34BzC7rnos
vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Best_selling_Square-Enix_games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Whats the best version of FF 8?

Idk I’ve only played and completed the Remaster on console

I haven’t played the original ps1 version

>8
Refined taste
>12
Odd taste
>15
Baitposting nigger.

Considering FF15 got me into the franchise I’m not baiting. I genuinely enjoyed the game and the OST was great too

FF 8 was the first Final Fantasy I played so I have nostalgia for it
the music is really fucking good

FF 12 setting up the gambits is really fun, with zodiac age I really liked you basically dedicated each character to a role with the job system.

FF 15 , you can listen to the other games music on the radio , I gues?

I agree on FF8, great one, is my favorite
FF12, It's pretty good but, not my top 3 at least
15, ehhh. It was pretty fine up until Leviathan, I'll keep it short.

For me it's FF4, FF8, FF7, with the 13 trilogy having a honorable mention

Attached: 1573294917441.jpg (287x98, 11K)

VIII is the weakest of the PS1 trilogy, but I have nostalgia for it. It's easy to break, but it's still an entertaining game to play.

XII is the best game since IX and the Zodiac system only made it better.

XV got me back into the series after 10 years away from it. I wasn't involved with any of the hype building up to it, so that probably helped me enjoy the game more than others did. It really came into its own once the major upgrades started rolling in.

>the 3 worst games
I'm impressed by your tastes. Do you like tas de caca torride for breakfast as well?

I don't know why people pretend 12 is not perfect taste. I had played every FF from 6 to 10 by that point in 2006 and when I played FF12 day one I thought that was the tightest shit I had ever played. You start the game with Rabanastre being so huge you could spend two hours just talking to people and being lost roaming around. That city alone was bigger than every area combined of the first 10 hours of FF10.
Then you would walk into the desert and just explore for hours and hours just figuring out how deep that would go. I had never experienced this in a FF to the point that I was scared of going too far and never be able to come back. Remember the previous single-player mainline FF was a game that you could beat by holding up 95% of the time.
Then that game was finally the first challenging mainline FF in the entire history of the series. Bosses actually made you think about your setup, and then endgame bosses had gimmicks to them that forced you to change your gambits. You actually had to use buffs and debuffs, status ailments actually mattered, getting a better weapon made a huge difference, and even if you failed you had access to three reserve party members to save yourself from a bad spot instead of having an instant game over the moment your visible party dies (FF13 did worse with game over upon leader dying).

That shit was dope as fuck. I don't know why people pretend it wasn't. In comparison the solo FF before that (FF10) wasn't even a game, you could spend 200 hours in FF12 and still have to do actual content you have never seen before. And the fucking music bros...that shit had so much soul

youtu.be/jfFTEQqdhyk

Attached: 457869775.png (1920x1080, 3.83M)

>unironically liking XV
Kill yourself.

FF12 is Soul: The JRPG

Attached: 1533641531380.png (1167x672, 471K)

Not long ago I heard somebody say FF13 had an interesting combat/gameplay system with depth and I was wondering if thats actually a correct opinion

Just how much did Zodiac Age add to XII? It didnt stick out that much to me initially for first release

>FF13 had an interesting combat/gameplay system with depth
It does but most of the game you don't really get to see it because everything is piss easy. You have to wait until the final boss and post-game to really start seeing how it shines.

>Dude what if we made half the playable cast be inconsequential to the story
>Dude what if we made a cast that barely says anything and almost never interacts with each other
>Dude what if we made multiple cutscenes where the main character has no idea what's going on and just stands in the background while people who matter speak
>Dude what if we made a character who's literally just a random girl off the street
>Dude what if we made a villain who has zero emotional connection to the heroes and doesn't even meet them until the last ten minutes
>Dude what if we took Final Fantasy Tactics' setting and made it a poor man's Star Wars
>Dude what if we gave the narrator a comical Apu accent
>Dude what if we made a political plot and then ruined it by turning it into standard ancient god shenanigans
>Dude what if we made a plot where the heroes have almost no impact on what happens until 95% of the way through the story and spend their time traipsing through non-descript caves and ruins
>Dude what if I'm Captain Basch
>Dude what if we made the sheathing/unsheathing animation stop you before and after every battle
>Dude what if we took everything 100% seriously and had zero levity
>Dude what if we wrote all of the dialogue to sound like a Renaissance Fair
>Dude what if we we had no overworld and all travel was handled by a menu or floating teleport crystals
>Dude what if we made a battle system where you set everything up in advance so that you don't actually play the game
>Dude what if we made summons useless except for opening doors
>Dude what if instead of fun side quests we had only fetch/kill quests like in some generic MMO
>Dude what if instead of having fun side games like the motorcycle chase and Triple Triad we had nothing
>Dude what if we had really shitty music

Attached: Penelo_XII.png (350x387, 147K)

A whole job system so every character isn't exactly the same, they even let you take a second job in the PS4 version. They also added more endgame hunts and a speedup feature.

>>Dude what if we made a battle system where you set everything up in advance so that you don't actually play the game
How is this not playing the game though?

>trying to turn people further against VIII and XII by associating them with XV
I see what you are doing and I don't approve of it.

BASED
Shit bait also Cringe
cringe

>Just how much did Zodiac Age add to XII
It made the game about three times easier.

you have horribly shit taste.

This pasta has been used for several years, it sucked then and it sucks now. Calling FFXII's music is shitty is proof enough to disregard it.

Attached: 165468645.jpg (1920x1080, 234K)

Based for liking 12.
Indifferent to you liking 8.
Deluded for liking 15.

You mean the OP is a jew trying to do a reverse psyop? Someone needs to alert pol and fast!

FFXII has pretty shitty unmemorable music.
I legit can't remember a single track from that blaring trunpet orchestra.

Ah ok, I was wondering in that moment whether to diss the person for having that opinion or not but I decided not to because gameplay was not actually something I hear XIII getting flak over and I believe in correctness.

XII has an amazing OST and the Orchestrated version is even better

The enemy design is also kino and soulful as fuck

Attached: A6C5C843-22B3-48FF-A50E-5750860F5273.jpg (1920x1080, 214K)

8 has a sweet story that feels pretty comfy most of the time.

12 has a ton of good ideas struggling with growing pains that were evident in games of the time

15's last 1/3rd of the narrative is exemplary and I honestly feel like everyone who hated lonely scared Noctis segments in the city missed the entire point

XIII is fucking dogshit, you can tell they tried really hard to make it the new 7, but in the end it almost killed the franchise and nobody gives a shit about Lightning, thank God.

Is this an endgame boss?

You were probably too busy listening to the clap of Ashes and Frans asscheeks

Attached: D50CD12E-4123-4E91-B6E0-84C727256C66.jpg (800x480, 248K)

You not remembering shit is different from the music being bad.

youtu.be/8CTnqYZIGiA?t=47

The boss theme alone is godlike. The part at 47 seconds is always pumping me up.

Attached: 26564864654.jpg (1280x720, 232K)

>15's last 1/3rd of the narrative is exemplary
This is honestly the best thing about FF15 and should be mentioned. The last part of the game is actually gripping as fuck as the gang falls apart and Noctis sets out on his suicide mission. The build-up was lacking but the pay off was huge.

Attached: Old Snake theme plays.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

sounds like milquetoast star wars garbage.
jesus you people.

Probably not helped by XV(formerly Versus XIII) taking veeeeery long in development no?

Yes he’s a late game hunt and he’s annoying to spawn but satisfying to kill

XV is garbo as well
Nomura should be let go

much better than clown music

youtu.be/C34BzC7rnos

Attached: 16584648.jpg (560x800, 198K)

They're all flawed games that start off decent. VIII has a good soundtrack, and XII has a great setting. I think I'd replay either of those over XIII.

>It does but most of the game you don't really get to see it because everything is piss easy.
I consider 13 the generally hardest 3d FF, honestly. There's a lot of normal enemies who can and will dumpster you and I'm not talking shit like the turtles.

POL here. We are now monitoring this thread.

Attached: tumblr_pwosruJmHd1tivim4_frame3.jpg (540x405, 35K)

user, I'm sorry to say but you're just bad at the game.

You're doing nothing to prove me wrong.

12 is my favorite

You're doing nothing to prove yourself right either. Give examples of these enemies.

Sakimoto is a better orchestrator than Uematsu will ever be. If you think this is any similar to John Williams you need to have your ears checked

8 is the best ff game, you cant change my mind.

Attached: Screenshot_20200301-135802_Discord.jpg (1016x833, 195K)

FF8 was a little boring to me in some parts, but not a bad game be definition.

12 however is very good. It has it's flaws, not limited to the cast and the poor pacing, but the universe is excellent and I wish we could return to it. People who complain about the battle system either parroting complaints from other as they didn't play or forget that the gambits can be as extensive or as limited as you choose. You have the option to make the game play itself sure, or you can turn them off for the classic RPG approach.

One thing that annoyed me about XII was how late game enemies and hunts were just reskins of earlier enemies. But at this point reusing designs throughout is a staple of the series.

replace XV with X and i agree

I’ve yet to finish X, it’s okay but it’s definitely not my favourite based off what I’ve played so far

Just because someone might be better on a technical level doesn't mean their music necessarily sounds better. Plus, I don't think symphonic music really goes well in video games since actively listening to it on its own is the only way I can really appreciate it. If it's on in the background, it just sounds like noise, really.

FFXV blows all of them out of the water
Reminder that Final Fantasy XV is the best game ever created by Square Enix
Kingdom Hearts 3 is a failure and should have never been created
Final Fantasy XV sold more than the older Final Fantasy games like 7 8 10 and 12
vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Best_selling_Square-Enix_games
Final Fantasy XV should be the only Final Fantasy game you should be playing.
And don’t forget to buy the season passes they are full of content
Aranea is the best girl and fuck that used goods whore Tifa
Also don’t buy the garbage FF7 remake it’s gonna be shit
Final Fantasy XV is the overall better game
Kingdom Hearts 3 doesn’t even compare in sales to XV
XV is a will always be known as a masterpiece
All the DLC came out on time when FFXV released when Tabata became Director
Nomura ruined my favorite game and he should pay for destroying my favorite game
Kingdom Hearts 3 Nier Automata TWEWY and Devil May Cry V will never beat Final Fantasy XV in every category
Final Fantasy XV should have won all the awards since the game first launched in 2015-2016
Final Fantasy XV is the best selling Final Fantasy game of all time and it’s better than all of the other games
Arenea is the best Final Fantasy girl and she is my waifu
Tifa Yuffie and Aerith are all whores.
Final Fantasy XV is unbeatable and will remain the best game of all time.
FF 6 : 250k
FF 7 : 500k
FF 8 : 750k
FF X : not counting X-2 : 1M
FFXIV : 1.25M
and FF XV sold more than 150M copies
Keep coping and find somebody to have sex with all of you
Also DMC V is a mediocre cashgrab
Kill yourselves for hating on the best selling and most played game of all time
Cope and seeth more and last but least kill yourselves incels.

Attached: 12237E6F-C23F-41CD-A73E-8D5A6BB054FF.jpg (307x307, 26K)

R8 and h8. Honorable mention goes to XV and VI.

Attached: IMG_20200301_142741.jpg (1564x1564, 1.35M)

I'd replace IV with VI personally.

Kys coomer.

V, VI and IX are probably my favorites.

I feel like you just like the medieval European themed Final Fantasy games more than the more “realistic” final fantasy games

scifi ffs > medieval ffs