Game of the Year is 9 days away

Game of the Year is 9 days away

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lJyu32MZW98
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'll wait for the Switch version.

Not sure if I should bite the bullet or not.
Could use a new game right about now, but I wouldn't call the original game incredible, just decent. WotW seems to be making major improvements but it's hard to know how much of an impact they'll have.

NO PS4 = NO BUY

Just pirate the game and buy it if you like it, user

That's a dumb thing that very few people actually do, they just say it so they can justify being shitty.

Why are indies always side scrolling platformers with "emotional " stories? It's like the entire community just apes eachother.

Not true, i got into so many series and ended up buying the games and sequels after i pirated one of them. And i doubt i'm the only one. Many such cases!

yikes yikes YIKES

Attached: screenshot.png (265x230, 60K)

user, it's just an owl with a non-functioning wing
It has nothing to do with women, niggers or trannies

This. Excited though.

I got sad when i realized it wasn't going to come out on february, good thing the wait is going to come to an end.

Just because you are a nigger doesn't mean everyone else is.

Implying it will, the first one was an exception that Microsoft gave.

It's going to be the appetizer I need while I wait for doom, looks way better than the previous one with this new combat system

Attached: Ori-and-the-Will-of-the-Wisps-2019-screenshot.jpg (1920x1080, 284K)

Never played the first Ori because I heard that it was easy as fuck.

Is this true? If so, then has the sequel promised to add more of a challenge? If not, then why does the first Ori have a reputation for being easy?

great, do back to your 9:20h of kojima cutscenes

So did the first game if you want to really grasp at straws. Naru's dad was also a fantastic racist, but you could also argue that it was somewhat justified. Ooooooh nooooooooo Ori is raciiiiiiiist!

It's easy in the sense that there's rarely a loss of progress unless you're an idiot. But there are plenty of platforming bits that require some precision and good reaction times.

Ori's main fault is the mediocre combat.

So what has the second game done to address these complaints? Is the combat better in your opinion?

It's not out yet and I'm not invested in the series enough to obsessively watch previews, so I dunno. At any rate the first game and likely this one are nowhere near what I'd call "easy as fuck." That phrase makes me think of Super Lucky's Tale or Gris, where there's no challenge whatsoever.

Can't wait.

Its on gamepass. Get it for a dollar

Super Lucky Star had the biggest challange a game can get. It's boring af

Its nothing like those games,user
You will die a fair bunch, but since you can place your own checkpoints you never lose a lot of progress. It isnt a handholdy game

Didn't realise it was so soon. Pretty cool. Liked the first one - going to play this one too on gape'ass

I did it with the first Ori game and I'll do it again now. Wouldn't have a problem even paying full price for it but never hurts to test it first.

My gamepass ends next month

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (976x850, 58K)

I pirated Ori 1 with low expectations and it's one of my favoritest game ever now. I bought it when the Definitive Edition came out and have preordered the sequel like a good goy. :-)

>itching to play this
>finally install hollow knight despite hating the way it looks
>it looks even worse than i remember
>it moves worse than it looks
>jump feels miserable
>everything's fucking purple
>fat lines everywhere
>purple and fat lines actually obscure enemies

ugh, i thought at least the jump would have a nice weight to it, but no. is it worth continuing to play?

my calculator says 30 days, but okay

Attached: steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.jpg (1024x576, 178K)

The beginning is the weakest portion of the game and can take up to like 3 hours, yes, really. It gets better when you finally unlock essentials like dash & walljump and the game starts throwing decent bossfights at you, but if you can't put up with it currently I doubt you'd love it later.

i mean, i beat the first boss and went into that garden looking area, which looks a bit nicer. is there more of that? or am i just in store for purplefest: the purplling.

>tfw March is the best month this year for new games

Attached: 1417995244190.jpg (460x500, 68K)

is ther a single game like Ori though? most of it is pixel shit and those that aren't are not emphasized on platformign as much
fuck hollow knight and it's combat.

There's decent variety overall if you ask me but each region is basically monochrome, for better or worse. Worse in your case I'd imagine. I'd recommend at least toughing it out until you unlock dash within the area you're at. If it's not grabbing you by then just play something else.

Guacamelee 1 & 2 are both pretty good and focus on platforming way more than most metroid clones. 2 even has a thing that's a little bit like bash.

Switch version when? No one cares about PC other dead consoles

>Switch version when? No one cares about PC other dead consoles
>pc
>other dead consoles
>other

I have all consoles and a decent gaming PC, and PC is all I care about. 10 years from now when you sell your switch to get the latest console, and after nintendo shuts down switch online service, all my steam achievements and online will still work. I'll boot up my PC games decades from now, although I may have to use a virtual machine application or some compatibility patches.

PC games are forever. Console games are until the console dies or the online service is killed.

Attached: 1569133363338.jpg (320x340, 37K)

I'm pretty hyped. Just replayed the first and enjoyed it just as much as I did the first time.

I hope the soundtrack is still good.

>easy as fuck

Not really. The Ginso Tree escape sequence pleb filtered a LOT of people. You basically can't fuck up on it even once, and if you do you go back to the beginning. It's about a minute of quick platforming.

Rayman Origins/Legends is similar in the platforming sense, though it uses more conventional types of level.

>I hope the soundtrack is still good.

twitter.com/garethcoker/status/1217175766267506688
The soundtrack is gonna be like 2 times bigger this time by the way

Nice. MS must have thrown a lot of money at this to afford live orchestra like that.

I wonder if the owl bab flying is going to end up being used as a gameplay mechanic or if it's just a cutscene thing.

It's probably gonna be a gimmick specific to one area, doubt you'll get to fly around everywhere

Why has it taken so fucking long to come out?

no

could you people PLEASE just fucking put the petty shitflinging wars to rest? both HK and Ori are great games for different reasons

>Ori and the Will of the Wisps
>Made in Abyss 3 coming soon
Exploration kino is back on the menu boys

It genuinely looks like the biggest budget 2D platformer ever made. Was the first one really that successful?

It was like the only universally successful Microsoft first party game this gen as far as I'm aware. Everything else was a bomb in at least some regard.

>So what has the second game done to address these complaints? Is the combat better in your opinion?
youtube.com/watch?v=lJyu32MZW98

you tell me
lots of combat options now if you ask me
certainly better than spamming clicks to whittle down enemies with the one aoe attack

I find it weird that Ori is so kind to some creatures but will mercilessly destroy others in his way

It wasn't successful in the sales sense, it just had a good reception from everyone.

They attacked him first. He would have rekt Kuro given half a chance, and if she wasn't so big.

He's a ruthless motherfucker, just look at him!

Attached: 1452427638026.jpg (1920x1167, 289K)

Gumo tried to kill him though and now he's Ku's uncle

I thought it was 31 days away

True. Though Gumo was obviously intelligent so maybe that makes a difference.

Yep, into the trash!

I always knew all orifags where mental ill trannies. There is no way a normal sane person would be monitoring all HK threads 25/7 and shitting in every single one. It makes perfect sense now

Attached: 1582280394518.gif (740x740, 336K)

This isn't indie. Also it actually has good gameplay.

It's either this or Halo Infinity. I don't really know of anyone else trying to go all out this year. New doom doesn't even have team deathmatch ffs. The new console launch is getting closer and it sounds like it might just be a few titles at launch across all boards.

Can we thank based phil for this?

I always thought you played as the cool blue bear thing because it was in all the advertising and when I finally played the game I was really disappointed.

Ori is cool though

And cute! CUTE!

Attached: 1532275514264.png (799x1000, 863K)

Never played Ori 1. What made it enjoyable to you? What did it excel at?

It looks/sounds great and most of the platform bits are a good fun challenge and sometimes a visual spectacle of their own. It does have its own loose platforming feel some find divisive though, and the combat is unanimously panned.

Neat platforming and visually striking setpieces.

She is, yes

That's not Silksong.

It looks great, sounds great, and most importantly it largely plays great. There's hardly ever a dull moment thanks to the pacing, and it only gets better as you progress and unlock new moves. I think it's a very holistic game overall despite some flaws.

A friend surprised me with a gift copy for Christmas. I really should complete the original but damn if that doesn't look nice.

What is the structure? Is it metroidvania-y? I feel like the pace of those can get pretty bad at times

Amazing music and breathtaking visuals, and the gameplay feels really smooth.

The structure is like a streamlined Metroid, relatively linear in other words. Backtracking never bogs the game down since when it does happen, you've always unlocked some sort of new move or changed the map in some manner to keep traversal interesting.

>want to try the first game out since it at least looks awesome
>both PC and Switch are digital-only
>Xbox is a meme
Guess I'll never play it.

Barely a metroidvania.

Get game pass

soi

I don't think it comes with a physical version, user.

never played the first one because it looked like a pretentious indie title with a "deep" story

Congrats on missing out