Nwn2

I'm not sure how to feel about this game Yea Forums. With some tweaks I feel the gameplay was good, the story was ok, what do you think?

Attached: Neverwinter_Nights_2_box_art.jpg (220x314, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TJ-iq6PbZIU
youtube.com/watch?v=Kn72ub3It0E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Should I play NwN2 or BG2?

Attached: 1582734726109.jpg (732x558, 23K)

Both.

Attached: 1552955036713.jpg (423x460, 43K)

I didn't really like 3.5 new classes/stuff, it felt like amateur add-on, also game plays like everyone are under water. First game was better.
BG2 undoubtedly, or better the whole bg saga.

Bg2 first, then nwn 2

I liked it, it wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst either. Has some fun modules too like the BG and IWD ones. My biggest gripe was how clunky it felt, albeit I never got the play NwN1 until I got EE for nearly free.

How do you compare the two user?

I wont lie I've only just started NwN1 because I went through all of 2 in coop with a friend so I'm not very far in it because work schedules but from what little I messed around with they're both alright. I know a lot prefer 1 over 2 though I do like the jank feel of NwN2 though because it's old and I feel the jank gives it some charm.

nwn and da:o was the beginning of the end for crpgs, and it is casualized 3d trash in comparison to games like bg2. the things people are mad about now with bg3 also applies to nwn

Still preferred 1 but MotB was good.

I didn't like it. I didn't like the way it looked. I didn't like the way it played. I didn't like the UI. I thought all the characters in the OC were insufferable. The game did have full party control (the absence of which was an inexcusable flaw of NWN1), but it wasn't worth putting up with all the bad stuff. It seems that the community didn't much care for NWN2 either, because I found that it had barely any user-made modules compared to the first game.

In the end, I decided to stick with NWN1.

thought it was bad. really bad. the camera was abysmal.

Pretty much the same here, I feel nwn just lacks charm desu

NWN2 any day of the week

I never got past the part where you get that keep. Fucking awful story and it just gets worse. I wish I could play Mask of the Betrayer without finishing this dogshit.

Well, you can user. So good news there

Both.

OC = meh
Mask of the Betrayer = GOAT expac
Storm of Zehir = solid 7.5/10

on an unrelated note

>Bishop is the best character
too bad he is dead and stuck in the Wall

Attached: 1553883652481.jpg (636x899, 58K)

> I wish I could play Mask of the Betrayer without finishing this dogshit.
?
You can. You start at level 18 instead of 20, but you can level yourself up with the console, if you want to.

Bishop was too much of an edgelord. I knoq he's chaotic evil, but still. The best characters were Sandra, Khelgar, and Ammon Jerro.

LEAP THAT FAITHLESS WALL IF YOU ARE SO GREAT

I enjoyed it, especially the trial and that one bard off in Neverwinter, and burning guitars and/or people with Qara in it, shame about that ending though
Shandra was best girl

And this?

Attached: 2287632-bgr_31487_screen.jpg (1440x775, 193K)

2 had a terrible toolkit.
When I was a kid I used to make lewd modules for nwn and share them online.
Was so bummed it was a whore of a job to do in Nwn2 that I just never bothered to keep it installed.

no

I absolutely fucking hated it upon release, and that never changed.

Both, skip the NWN2 main campaign and jump straight to MOTB. It's got that Avellone pseudointelectual goodness.

This is the game that open up the world for me so it always have a special place despite its flaw. Aside from nostalgia goggles, I really like how many classes they included and you can mix up anything you like.

Also MotB is the shit.

>Came out in 2006
>Engine for original Witcher game
I feel like time is passing me by. I remember Index LNs coming out in 2005 and was a bitch of a time trying to get them in any form.

I love, love, LOVE NWN2!

Attached: Lumen Sage.webm (1000x562, 2.95M)

Bishop actually just wanted to be done with life.
When you talk with him in the Wall he is actually chill about his fate.
Also it's amusing how he is by far the most popular nwn2 character art wise thanks to roasties.

Attached: nwn2 gangbang.jpg (1024x723, 246K)

Get Path of Evil and Wulverheim.

Attached: nwn portraits.png (820x889, 1.07M)

I feel like the game makes a point of giving you the full zero-to-hero experience, and the first 5 or so hours of being a zero suck kinda on purpose. But it gets rolling after the orcs in the desert bullshit, midgame is good, endgame is great, and the expansion is goat

The party members are unironically fun.

Attached: nwn2 party.jpg (945x750, 241K)

Not as much as i love you, user.

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 65K)

Thank you, user. you are a good user
NWN2 will always be a special game to me since it was the first that introduced me the whole cRPG genre and D&D games more than a decade ago.
I still remember being mind blown by all the classes, being able to be evil etc

Attached: bald wife3.jpg (600x944, 52K)

I liked NWN1 better. Gameplay was more tight.

>tfw bishop had your only rod of ressurection

The OC people were all extremely by the book. You have a dwarf fighter that loves fight, a drab elf wizard, a dangerously explosive sorceress; it keeps going

Yes, and I love them for it.
Stereotypical dwarf fighters make for best bros always.
Korgan, Kagain, Khelgar, Oghren
It's actually very disappointing with all these new cRPGs we've yet to have another.
Well, Harrim is cute at least, but it seems Wrath will completely lack a dwarf companion.

Attached: mulsantir.jpg (1000x1408, 1.13M)

>2020
>still no other cRPG with Construct companion except DA:O in a way
>Wrath
>can be Lich
Flesh Golem/Colossus companion WHEN

Attached: 2020-02-22 20_20_23-Greenshot.jpg (1920x1080, 1.53M)

always thought kaelyn was kinda cute.

That's because she is
And also literally purest wife out of all D&D games, even including Aerie who was probably raped a few times while she was caged.

Attached: kaelyn never ever.jpg (680x1020, 579K)

I share your opinion. I think NWN2 lacks charm or "soul" to become really amazing, I don't know. But it's a solid game even now, everything is classic but well done so it will always work. Not the best, not the worst. Mask of the Betrayer though is just amazing.

I tried playing this game twice. Both times I quit by the time you get your fort. I don't know why I kinda lose motivation to play it at that point

Eh user by the time the game is already pretty good, it's only Act I that's usually considered boring.

Attached: 2020-02-14 18_57_50-Greenshot.jpg (1920x1080, 260K)

Ex-pull-ocean!

I liked the game, even the OC. The thing that really bugged me was how worse the animations and gear design was compared to NWN 1.

Same user, same.
Thanks user, I will check them out

Both are massive campaign style modules that take you from 1-20+
Also both are "open world" non linear in that you can explore whatever whenever, Path of Evil even has an overland map of Faerun with areas from its 4 corners you can go at will as soon as you leave the first town.
Wulverheim is more of free open world adventure with quests like Elder Scrolls as in guild quests etc, you create a custom party for it.
While Path of Evil does not enforce playing an evil character, nor do you get evil dialogue points to shift alignment during the game, it assumes you are evil alignment via dialogue/party members.

Attached: Diablomancer.webm (1500x842, 2.93M)

Sounds pretty awesome user, have you any other favourite mods to share?

Can I play drow?

Meh. Bishop was just... there I guess. Can't say I gave much of a fuck for his "I want to be free but your uncle has me for the balls for being a total monster" plotline.

You quite literally and expressly take Aerie's virginity though. She even says "You made a woman out of me" or some shit like that.

Yes you can

What about religions, can I choose what gods I can fallow. Does it have non Lolth drow?

Yes, and half-drow as well.

For general mods and not modules:
Kaedrin PRC
NWN2 Facelift Pack
HD UI (and you can also edit the fonts to be even bigger, the readme explains how, good if you play on high resolutions)
For modules, besides Path of Evil & Wulverheim, there’s also the BG1 and IWD1 adaptations if you enjoy those, and a monk focused campaign style module that I really can’t recall now, unfortunately.
You might enjoy A Fairy Tale too but it's just 1-15.
Oh, there's also Conan Chronicles I+II if you like Conan and the setting.
I'd say Path of Evil and Wulverheim are still the most ambitions and non linear out of all modules I've playing, including nwn1 modules.

Attached: NWN2 Facelift pack.jpg (1913x937, 601K)

Well I played about 5 hours of Mask of the Betrayer, and the 3D makes the gameplay so much worse than it is in the IE games. Moving around is tedious because you have to turn the camera or change the camera mode, it just adds extra steps to the process of doing typical things like interacting with the environment. The UI is a lot shittier as well.

Yes, it has all non lolth drow gods. Vaerun, Elistraee, Kiaransalee etc

Nice.

I played through the first chapter of mask of the betrayer like 3 times with different character trying to enjoy it because Yea Forums keeps riding its dick, but the game is just pure garbage.

I hated base nwn2, motb was surprisingly good to me, but I stopped playing after the first chapter too, game has been still on my hdd for more than a year but I can't return to it for some reason.

>

Attached: its not like I like you or anything!!!.jpg (1920x1080, 250K)

Why are romances bad in rpgs again, Sawyer?

Play BG2. It's amazing.
Skip NWN2.
You can play NWN2: MotB if you like Avellone.
Storm of Zehir doesn't focus on the story. Something like short and sweet IWD with sneks. Give it a shot.

>Storm of Zehir
I wanted to recreate that funny lanky wizard's party from OC in it and then I read that he returned into this add-on.
What was his party anyway? I'm not sure how to open official campaigns in toolset.

story is good until you get railroaded into losing the court scene no matter what and you're forced into a 1v1 boss fight as the wrong class to be able to win the fight.

soz was pretty fun, gave me some good BG1 vibes, when I just walk around in the woods with my low level party, sometimes having to avoid a harder fight
but ultimately it's kinda shallow and crafting was op iirc

but you can send a party member instead I think?

An UNFAIRLY maligned game. Closer to the real BG3 than anything Larian will shit out.

Attached: 1543791426452.png (768x768, 152K)

>as the wrong class
What wrong class exactly?
I assume it would be something like sorcerer or wizard, but those can cast one shot bigby rape hands already at the level you do it.
Besides Khelgar or even Quara opt to fight for you, and Neeshka weakens Lorne's Falchion for less ab/damage.

Attached: 2020-02-14 19_01_19-Greenshot.jpg (1920x1080, 582K)

Khelgar belongs in the most hallowed halls of WRPG companions for the sheer fact he ALWAYS had the MC's back to the very end even after the campaign ended. MoTB and Storm of Zehir both show his loyalty to the Knight Captain and how he never stopped believing he was alive and out there somewhere and how he managed affairs at Crossroad Keep knowing you'd return someday.

Dwarf companions are always bros.

Attached: 2020-02-14 22_39_10-Greenshot.jpg (1920x1080, 770K)

is there any roguelike/randomly generated dungeon crawler mod for nwn2?

>Worked my ass off in this game to clean up, fortify and defend Neverwinter to my dying breath, real sense of accomplishment when the story ends with the city safe and triumphant against overwhelming odds
>5e FR just shits all over it and destroys the city, kills Nasher, whole place becomes an abandoned ruin haunted by monsters

5e really should burn in hell

Attached: D-Dy9F1U8AAGL3C.jpg large.jpg (2048x1536, 444K)

You must have missed 4e where the Spellplague kills half the gods and also unleashes an apocalypse that levels a tons of map areas into nothingness.

The fuck are they doing with the lore?

Raping it.
4e was such a mess with ruining loved and established lore that it was the start of players flocking to Pathfinder.
In a way it is rather amusing that WoTC spelled its own doom.
The simplification of mechanics in 4e and 5e also do the same, especially when the genre has so many grognards that love stacking feats/abilities/classes/traits etc.
I mean, note how BG3 has only 6-10 classes confirmed, whereas Wrath has 24, each with 6 archetypes. And part of it is not even Larian's fault since 5e by default has megacasual mechanics/choices.

Attached: 2020-02-14 23_07_20-Greenshot.jpg (1920x1080, 1.85M)

I liked the game far more than NWN1, although NWN had cooler prestige classes

I liked it far better than the boring shitfest that was NWN1. I have no idea why people prefer that game outside of the toolset.

That's really weird user, NWN didn't even have a single prc with full caster progression.
Also Supreme Cleave from FB in NWN2 is maximum martial orgasm

Attached: Okku.jpg (1100x619, 98K)

I really dislike NWN2 companions.

Bg1

3.5/pf classes and 5e classes aren't really the same. 5e classes and subclasses tend to be much more interactive/different. Numbers alone aren't really a good comparaison factor.

What classes are fun for the PC in NWN2? It's on my cRPG backlog. I really enjoyed my cleric in BG1/2 but I think I want to play something different.

Attached: pascal-quidault-claustrophobia-humain-pretre-redempteur.jpg (800x1103, 223K)

That mod (+ the flirtpack) turned me into an Elaneefag.

I’m thinking about the shapeshifter class in particular

definitely a warlock for something different

>tfw Fighter/Bard/RDD/FB
>Dem fucking hits

Attached: 1553615417019.jpg (1920x1080, 718K)

Maybe I should manipulate alignment and give 2 FB levels to my monk.

play both first nwn 2 becouse it is worse game and you will enjoy bg 2 after that otherwise if you start with bg 2 nwn will bore you

Attached: Neverwinter_Nights_2 Safiya.png (2007x2989, 2.95M)

>Neeshka romance gets axed.You will never get spunky tiefling thief GF.
>Instead they finish a romance with githyanki-looking horse-face elf stalker.
Why.

Attached: 05154122.jpg (150x234, 35K)

I love Neeshka!!

What's some of the better NWN1 custom campaigns? I've pretty much done all NWN2 ones. Also what's with Wulverheim, didn't seem to have a lot of story jumping out

Cleric/Stormlord is very fun and powerful but Spear related instead of warhamer or shuriken/throwing axe/dart
Favored Soul is pretty powerful overall divine caster + melee.
Warlock can be very fun if you know what you are doing due to infinite "spells" but damage only really gets amazing on epics.
Wizard/Sorc combos are powerful as always but I really recommend getting Kaedrin PRC if you want an arcane, and then buying Reserve Feats, they let you spam "infinite" decent damage spell-like abilities that feel like spells every round so you really feel like a spellcaster.
Fighter/Frenzied Berserker is super powerful and Supreme Cleave is just outright Orgasmic best experience a melee will ever have in any dnd cRPG barring AoO stacking in Kingmaker.
Last but not least, Bard is extremely strong in NWN2 and gets some really cool(and good) bard only abilities like Curse Song, later on epics Song/Hymn of Requiem is absurdly powerful.
Druid is very powerful as well due to stronk as fuck animal companion (which is also very cool since it's a fucking velociraptor) and solid spell list with biggest DC in the game.

Unfortunately there is nothing similar in NWN2 (though most Shifter NWN1 forms were rather shitty besides on epics).
However, Druid Wildshape is pretty good and powerful, and unlike in NWN1 you can cast spells while shifted. Sadly, NWN2 takes the main character out of polymorph whenever you enter a convo, and that's pretty annoying.
Another cool thing is with Kaedrin PRC there's a feat that lets Warlocks cast blasts/invocations while shapeshifted into either a Hellhound or a Pit Fiend, very powerful forms, and since you can cast the shapes infinite times, the conversation thing is not a problem.

Attached: pit fiend and balor nwn2.png (1920x1080, 2.65M)

NwN2 is only worth it for MotB
Even then it's not pant shittingly stellar, it's just pretty interestingly written, also the story of MotB is a direct continuation of the main game but it isn't strictly necessary to play the former to enjoy the latter.

>Also what's with Wulverheim, didn't seem to have a lot of story jumping out
It was meant to be more of a sandbox/gameplay experience than an actual story focused campaign.

Attached: neutral.jpg (1920x1080, 346K)

Attached: 2020-02-21 16_37_32-Greenshot.jpg (1920x1080, 657K)

>Not played in forever
>Can't remember what FB is
>Start to google NwN2 classes
>Brain finally clicks
>Remember when I made a dwarf FB as my first char
Good times

Out of the ones i've played:
Aelund saga is a must, long as fuck though, got adapted into a series of books at some point
Tales of Aretta is pretty great, nothing outstanding but still a fun ride, you also can get a QT-succubus wife
Prophet if you like 2-deep4U existentialism
Swordlfight is an interesting series of modules, in that the series isn't finished, but it's STILL getting new chapters, also you need to play it like a friggin munchkin, also has a lot of skill checks so your skills are actually necessary, and helps with roleplay, it's also incredibly hack and slashy
A dance with rogues, It's smut, but pretty well written smut, written by, and i presume for women, so it gets pretty kinky. Really good rogue/thief gameplay though
Gladiatrix same as above, albeit less well written, but you are a gladiator instead(if that wasn't obvious)

There are also cancelled premium modules, but I think B**mdog ended up selling them anyway for the EE. You can still get them in the vaults though.

I really like neverwinter a lot, if someone wants to recommend some shit I didn't mention please do so for my sake.

Attached: 1561296608876.jpg (640x646, 59K)

Shit, I meant tales arterra

The best thing about NWN2 is the mod campaigns, seriously, Conan Chronicles is one of the most incredible campaigns i ever played.

Pirates of the sword coast is a decent official module.

I'm this autist
How good are the mod campaigns in comaprison to 1s, and could you recommend some more?

I really like it, despite it's flaws. The gameplay is pretty poor, but the characters are fantastic. Sand and Ammon Jerro in particularly are god tier companions. The story hits the right balance between 'ultimate evil gonna destroy everything' and 'wander around meeting people and doing random crap'. MoTB partially redeems the shit ending and gives an even better story. It certainly has it's share of downsides like bad combat and sloppy pacing, but all in all it's an amazingly comfy game.

And the fucking music, god damn.
youtube.com/watch?v=TJ-iq6PbZIU

I never understood why people made such a big deal over Tali's face being traced from a stock photo when Bioware's been doing this shit for decades.

It's not exactly...legal to do it without the express written consent of the person in question
The tali thing was a stock photo though so I think they got away with that

NWN has godly music.
Personally I think SoZ has the best main theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=Kn72ub3It0E

absolute fucking tragedy. Neeshka was cute and deserved snuggles. her resisting the mind rape shit at the end just because you were really nice to her is tremendously adorable and heartwarming.

at least they have you a qt evil wizard gf later on.

Hearing the blaring horns at the start gets really old and obnoxious whenever you open the game

Attached: 2020-02-15 23_01_36-Greenshot.jpg (1920x1080, 1.06M)

Tiny company with a small team and little money cutting corners on the first 2 video games they ever made: ok
Enormous multi-million dollar company making the final installment of a multi-million dollar franchise cutting corners: not ok

>at least they have you a qt evil wizard gf later on.
Who? The red wizard from MotB?
No thanks. I would rather spank some discipline into this young lady.

Attached: 52-lpnwn2_ch014_046.jpg (300x300, 19K)

>Enormous multi-million dollar company
I think this is unfair. Bioware's changed, a lot. But they never really stopped being a tiny studio that barely knew how to make functioning games, relying mostly on their writing talent. A lot of the flaws with ME2/ME3 are present in other games. Hell, NWN2 even has a way worse ending than ME3. But people shit on those games while pretending that the old ones are above criticism just because they're new and Bioware was more commercially successful.

Fuck this arsenist bitch
At least with mods Safiya can have hair and be qt.

>Spend the whole of BG2 stopping Bhaal's resurrection and getting rid of my cursed divinity
>In 5e, the last Bhaalspawn was killed by a literally who, enabling Bhaal to finally resurrect while he says keikaku doori
>It was all for naught

>NWN2 even has a way worse ending than ME3
NWN2 is not a Biowhore game.

You play Neverwinter Nights 2 just to get to Mask of the Betrayer kino and that's it

I actually liked her, but due to that retarded influence check one of your mages still will turn on you.

It's more that people had been waiting half a decade for a proper face reveal and instead got a low rest stock photo that wasn't even traced, just amateurishly photoshopped by an intern in 30 minutes.

Hell, they already had her face modeled for the see through visor stuff, they could have spent like an hour making a quick face texture but couldn't even be fucked to do that.

If you don't think 800 employees is more than 60 and that the money and backing of Electronic Arts is more than two recently graduated Canadian doctors and their friends in 1995 I don't know what to tell you.

I don't remember details but I'm pretty sure she was on my side.
Also, bad guy said that I took the good equipment from my companions in case they turn on me. Uh... n-no... That's... that's just what I have... What a prick.

How is NWN2 in co-op?

Playing with a friend is more or less the only way to get though the OC campaign without falling asleep in the first game. But since NWN2 is more story and character focused it seems to me like it would be better suited for singleplayer. Especially for a first time playthrough.

What's that mod I've seen around that would let me play as a skellybro? Is that Kaedrin's?

I liked her, and her pyromania, especially since she was basically carrying the whole team with them fire spells, losing her in MotB, and being swapped out during the final dungeon for Ammon Jerro and.that Gith'yanki bitch was suffering

That would be the Awakened Skeleton race from the Sigil PW so it's online only.
Though I think there is a mod with skeleton race for singleplayer somewhere, races of faerun perhaps or I might be mistaken.

Attached: so many years ago today.png (1920x1080, 1.67M)

It means that Sand turned on you instead.

Ahh, gotcha. Thank you for the info user! One can just become a lich with the mods previously listed though, right?

Case in point. It's okay when someone else does it.

Witcher 1 actually used the NWN1 engine.

NwN1 is better than both

Am I the only one who liked Shandra? Having a protege companion was pretty nice and her being unwilling to come with you at first was charming.

Attached: oz1y2pDEJX1wof0zto1_400.jpg (400x321, 58K)

He is alone worth a playthrough/replay. Best bear bro in the history.

Attached: okku_by_patrisska_dbfy2as-fullview.jpg (1280x893, 144K)

Her character arc was great and what happens is genuinely sad. The fact that she called the player out on their bullshit while simultaneously gaining a greater respect for them is fantastic and a dynamic that should be used more often.

well, she was deliberately a waifu bait, qt, shy, in need of your protection
for the ...plot development to have the most impact

Attached: Valbear.png (1920x1080, 3.2M)

>51 STR
Anyone got Okku's stats? Pretty sure the godbear gets mogged

Best bro coming through, fuck bears btw.

Attached: oom.jpg (800x600, 47K)

Bastard ate my wife. Fuck 'im

It was alright. Kinda sad the modding was never as big for it as it was for nwn.

>Hell, NWN2 even has a way worse ending than ME3
And then, in a twist of fate, Motb has the best evil ending of video games.

I liked her and didn’t see the twist coming when I was a kid playing this game for the first time. I played some vidya before but this character simply made me realise video games are capable of telling emotional stories.

Was there ever and decent erotic modules for NWN2?

nwn 1 sucked complete ass as a single player game

>Prophet if you like 2-deep4U existentialism
And have a very high tolerance for repetition.

>A dance with rogues, It's smut, but pretty well written smut, written by, and i presume for women, so it gets pretty kinky.
And by "kinky" you mean "rape, rape, and more rape".

>Gladiatrix same as above, albeit less well written, but you are a gladiator instead(if that wasn't obvious)
Plus, all of the sex in those modules is consensual.

>I really like neverwinter a lot, if someone wants to recommend some shit I didn't mention please do so for my sake.
The Bastard of Kosigan series is good, if you can get it to work properly. A lot of people (including me) have had problems, especially with the second module.

I enjoyed the Shadowlords/Dreamcatcher/Demon series. They're meant to be played in that order.

Darkness over Daggerford is another good one.

The Tale of a Mage series is pretty fun if you like blasting stuff with magic, as I do.

>Hell, NWN2 even has a way worse ending than ME3.
NWN2's ending was bad, but let's not go crazy here. ME3's ending is quite possibly the worst ending of all time.