Why is this faggy weebtard piece of shit a playable character in smash?

Why is this faggy weebtard piece of shit a playable character in smash?

Attached: C9B607AC-4523-4C99-B117-874E17FE327E.png (1200x1200, 722K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2006/05/31/sakurais-smash-bros-update
sourcegaming.info/2019/09/11/sakurai-talks-more-about-smash-ultimate-dlc-development/
nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-on-smash-bros-ultimate-fighter-selections-his-role-future-of-the-series-more/
nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-on-the-creation-of-byleth-in-super-smash-bros-ultimate/
siliconera.com/masahiro-sakurai-and-yuji-horii-discuss-smash-ultimates-hero-dlc-director-philosophy-and-more/
youtu.be/lVHeW0_RRaQ
sourcegaming.info/2015/08/17/sakuraibrawlquestions/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>plays japanese game on a japanese console
>why is weeb shit in it

Cry harder

Attached: wiggly.png (400x551, 127K)

Because Sakurai wanted him

>Japanese equals weebshit
>What is Mario?

>the series where most of the powerups and enemys are based off japanese folk lore according to the devs

>>Japanese equals weebshit
>>What is Mario?
Therefore Mario is weebshit.

>NOOO WHY DO JAPANESE DEVS ADD JAPANESE CHARACTERS TO THEIR GAMES

Attached: soy49.png (191x185, 27K)

Nintendo selected the characters

Nintendo gave him a selection and he decided which were doable or not. He also wanted Terry and it wouldn’t surprise me if he wanted Byleth

The real question this thread should be asking is why do Japanese characters suck?

>Japanese video game character in a Japanese video game

Attached: 1580600031185.png (444x440, 167K)

>Joker wasn’t requested, actually, smashfags didn’t give a shit before the announcement
>His game isn’t even on the switch
>But you look at that, sakurai really likes him
Yeah no, it was sakurai

Sakurai is a shameless JRPG fanboy.

Cope,
Cartoony characters will always be more popular that your weebshit

Attached: CEFC5E54-2EC1-4DE0-B25A-6786227AC5D2.jpg (1930x3200, 484K)

Why are these two allowed to be in Smash? They literally fuck men.

Attached: 20200301_120249.jpg (459x271, 76K)

You don't think it's possible that Nintendo looked at the popularity of Persona 5 and thought it'd be a good idea to attract that audience to Smash Bros? Or that maybe they wanted to strengthen their relationship with Atlus (a long time partner) and they went with their most popular character as an ambassador?

Also Sakurai loves pretty much every game

Anime is literally inspired by cartoons you retard

Hey, don't post furryshit please.

That's hot.

>Also Sakurai loves pretty much every game

Definitely not the Kirby ones he didnt direct

And they're not getting in Smash LMAO

Arrest yourself

Cope

Attached: 8966B3B0-F573-4C1E-8605-7644BE28D981.png (500x566, 80K)

Noooooo please.

I wish Sakurai loved every game. Like if he loved Zelda we’d have some better characters.

>Donkey Kong is weeb
Classic Nintendo characters aren’t weeb shit like Sailor Moon, you know this but your going to pretend you don’t like a faggot.

Everyone knows exactly what "weebshit" is but weebs like to play semantics games because they can't actually defend it on its own merits.

OP is retarded, but come on. You know exactly what the difference is between the swordlords and the Mario characters, for example.

Is "weebshit" humanoid characters? Any character that's not ugly?

>it's another "THE ONLY THING I CARE ABOUT IS THE CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN" episode

Yeah let's ignore the fact that Zelda has a shit ton of stages, assist trophies, items, music, etc, all from across the series

Sakurai wanted him.
>But Nintendo picked the characters
Nintendo gave him a selection of characters, and he picked them. Think of Smash as a personal wishlist you see posted here that became official and tangible. Think of all the characters on the roster now. Think of all the characters added in subsequent titles. Now look at the claim Sakurai made about Smash being a celebration of gaming.

Now look at the roster again, especially in the format that the characters are set up.

Attached: th_Sonic_Ear_Scratch.gif (56x50, 1K)

didn't you fags cried over the plant making it in over issac and rex?

Attached: DBr9qGyW0AELq1X.jpg (480x360, 23K)

Why does anime/anime-styled characters make westoids(mostly Americans) SEETHE so much?

Because Nincels wanted Persona 5 so much, and Atlus decided they will use Shitch to market it for PS4.

Because they are barebones characters with 0 personality and they all look the fucking same aside from the hair and clothing

Why do you care so much?

Joker is the best Persona protagonist

t. says Doomguy is a great character

Because the Persona series is moderately popular and Nintendo saw an opportunity. Next question.

ITT atluscucks throw a tantrum because not everybody likes their generic anime protagonist.

Is there a source for this “list” people always talk about?
Not him, and spirits and stages are cool and all, but playable characters are better.

Yes, deep stages like
>Flat walk-off with no platforms
>Flat walk-off with platforms
>Traveling stage
Characters matter more than stages

I never said doomguy is my most wanted
My most wanteds are
Earthworm Jim, Conker, Crash and Dr.Robotnik

>Smash being a celebration of gaming.
It's really not
It's missing so many important characters that are never evers like the Quake Ranger and the Unreal MC

Hi Eric

>why don’t you like faggot anime twinks? :(

Because he looks like skinny japanese nerds of the real world. And the game developers wanted them to identify with him. Joker Sucks.

>Smash being a celebration of gaming
No it's not manchild, it's a marketing platform. Go to a real museum for once instead latching onto a children's party game.

>Is there a source for this “list” people always talk about?
I doubt Nintendo will release the actual list, but this proves there was a selection made by both Nintendo and Sakurai.

Attached: 1552177202346.png (400x414, 79K)

I’ll give you the stages are good and the music is okay but the rest doesn’t really matter. It’s always about the characters.

Sakurai made a statement when DLC was announced that Nintendo picked all the DLC characters this time and he merely decided if it was possible to make them into a character. People for some reason interpreted this as Nintendo giving Sakurai multiple choices that he personally handpicked. Sakurai reiterated this exact statement again after Byleth was announced almost as if he knew everyone would hate it. I think this makes it clear the process simply involved Nintendo saying, "Can you add this character?" and Sakurai saying yes or no.

Reading comprehension. His words, not mine.

Attached: 1582945599052.jpg (1920x1080, 400K)

>Marketing Platform
>Terry
>Banjo
>Ness/Lucas
>ROB
>Mr.Game and Watch
>Fucking Duck Hunt
?????????????

Attached: 20191216_002221.jpg (336x500, 50K)

More like a celebration of Fire Emblem lmao

Doesnt that still count as a list for Sakurai to choose from? If Nintendo decided, then they wouldn't need Sakurai to say yes or no.

When will they let me fight as this guy not that K-POP femboy faggot?

Attached: 1deaa5518b64c653844148601acc6886.jpg (930x1200, 92K)

Because I don’t care about your opinion.

Attached: AD078870-00E8-49DA-8D49-0EAA4664D993.jpg (572x708, 100K)

I fucking hate this. It even makes some sense if put into the perspective of people who see Sakurai as the only valid director of Kirby, but it nullifies so many other Kirby games to turn the series into a simplistic franchise with no games since 2003.

Attached: clobbered.png (950x596, 178K)

if it really had to be a Persona rep, it absolutely should've been him.

Attached: 43212458520.jpg (2048x2048, 672K)

>Taking word of the same braindead slant who can't even be bothered to fix the fucking netcode of his own game.

Attached: 1521467882792.jpg (303x402, 23K)

I'm not saying he's right, I'm saying he's someone who's making the roster based on what he wants and making a bogus claim that shows otherwise.

C'mon, use your brain.

People accuse Sakurai of just picking his favorites out of Nintendo's selection, but the "list" may very well have been just the same five we ended up getting. I truly do not think he would have added Byleth if there were alternatives because he has openly stated since Corrin's addition in Smash 4 that he himself thinks there's too many Fire Emblem characters.

Except he looks a KPOP femboy.

But that doesn't even make sense. FE doesn't have the most stuff.

No not really you fucking autist

I agree with this sentiment, but to play Devil's Advocate for a moment, I'd argue that all the most iconic Kirby characters except Dark Matter/Zero simply originated from Sakurai's games. And if you look at the music selection and Spirits, Shimomura and Kumazaki's games are all well represented, so it's not like he wishes not to acknowledge them. The real issue is that they don't have any content that actually takes effort, just ported music and jpegs.

> The real issue is that they don't have any content that actually takes effort, just ported music and jpegs
That’s what we’re talking about
No stages
No music remixes
Barely a few jpegs

You've got that ass backwards, retard. Very few tendies gave a shit about Persona 5 until Joker was in Smash. Once he was put in, people expected the actual game to come to the Switch, but it never happened and it made the Nincels butthurt.

>because he has openly stated since Corrin's addition smash 4 that thinks there's too many Fire Emblem characters
Is that why he added Chrom after him?

>N
The thing that always cracks me up is that this was Sakurai's reasoning for no additional Kirby characters in Smash prior to Brawl:

>ign.com/articles/2006/05/31/sakurais-smash-bros-update

>Kirby is a character I designed when I was 19 years old, but I created Meta Knight when I was 22. I knew the character was popular in Japan, but last time around I held off and didn't include him in the game. I wanted to put other people's titles ahead of my own.

>I wanted to put other people's titles ahead of my own.

L
M
A
O

Attached: 4f9e375d1a4d75eff7f1ecb3803ed7d4.png (479x290, 125K)

Because SMT is a long running, influential JRPG series, and Joker is the protagonist of the most popular and most recent game under the SMT umbrella. But you didn't actually want an answer, you just wanted to shitpost about "WWWAHHHH MUH ANIME WAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!"

smash is a fucking shit series and nintendo characters are boring, you should be very thankful

Soiboys are the only people who consider Joker a good addition

Brawl was then you saw the exact opposite of that statement, tenfold.

Attached: Indulgent.png (1305x264, 33K)

NOOOOOOOOOOOO IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ANOTHER JUMPY COIN COLLECTING CHARACTER NOOOAAHHHHUGHHHH

Attached: proud.jpg (318x159, 13K)

Persona isn't SMT. It's a game series under the megami tensei umbrella that owes its existence to SMT:if, but the series is entirely its own and has and will continue to exist separately from SMT.

If we compare it to other series of its size it does by a aide margin

>b-b-b-but this series has slightly more items that's equivalent to FEs 8 characters right?

FE is one of the few Nintendo IPs where it makes sense to have several characters.
Sakurai however, has autism for picking the MC of the games he adds.

>FE is one of the few Nintendo IPs where it makes sense to have several characters.

>one of the most in the game is several

>It's a game series under the megami tensei umbrella
That's literally what I said.

FE continues to live rent free.
Please find a better coping method, it's not healthy to lash out like that.

you said under the SMT umbrella. Shin Megami Tensei and Persona are separate series underneath the Megami Tensei umbrella. Megami Tensei encompasses Persona, Shin Megami Tensei, Giten Tensei, Majin Tensei, Devil Surivor, Devil Summoner, Devil Children, Digital Devil Saga, etc.
what you said was that SMT is the parent series or umbrella that Persona falls under which is incorrect.

There is no list retards,
sourcegaming.info/2019/09/11/sakurai-talks-more-about-smash-ultimate-dlc-development/
>First, again, the fighter lineup is basically decided by Nintendo. Naturally since they’re confident in me, they would consult me each time asking, “Do you know whether or not you could develop this character?” If the request is unreasonable, I can potentially refuse them.

nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-on-smash-bros-ultimate-fighter-selections-his-role-future-of-the-series-more/
>I do not decide whom will be added. My position is to receive requests and proposals firstly from Nintendo. I could refuse if we don’t reach an agreement, since there are always discussions on what I think of the proposal, however I at least do not get hung up on some game idea and cancel the proposal.

nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-on-the-creation-of-byleth-in-super-smash-bros-ultimate/
>My preferences don’t play a role in which new fighters are added; Nintendo has a larger say in that decision and brings their thoughts to the table.I’m not exactly aware of what Nintendo’s future release plans are, so I go along with what they decide. It just so happens that the timing was right with Three Houses’ completion.

siliconera.com/masahiro-sakurai-and-yuji-horii-discuss-smash-ultimates-hero-dlc-director-philosophy-and-more/
>From Sakurai’s side, he says that requests to add in a Dragon Quest representative have been around for a long time, but he felt it wasn’t possible. However, Nintendo approached Sakurai, saying it might be possible, and so he ended up doing the presentation proposal with the intent of working with Dragon Quest, although what from Dragon Quest would be worked out later on.

Nintendo isn't giving Sakurai fucking 20 choices to choose from, they just come to him and say "Hey we want Dragon Quest in the game, can you do that?" and he basically just has to go along with what they choose.

Attached: 1507764177941.png (624x318, 221K)

Yes, that is what I said.

Because he was a popular character and had a lot of desire from fans for him to be in, unlike your literal who never ever OP

That's just because of the "Everyone is Here!" gimmick. Ever since melee, they added a character for the newest Fire Emblem game with the intentions of cycling them out. But then everyone cried about Roy getting cut because "muh melee," so he got added back as DLC in 4, Ike became the most popular character in the series so he stayed for 4, Awakening got two characters because it sold like hotcakes, and then they added Corrin as DLC to promote Fates. Had it not been for "Everyone is Here," we would probably have Marth, Ike, Robin, and Byleth right now. Maybe Corrin too.

>my arbitrary standards define what should have a lot of characters or not

Salesfag?
You sound like a salesfag.

>That's just because of the "Everyone is Here!" gimmick

So we are just going to ignore FE having 6 characters in Smash 4?

Fuck you nerd, you know what I meant. Same shit. The Megami Tensei series is influential, and Persona 5 is the most popular and recent game under that umbrella, and that's why Joker is in.

>dude we should give this one franchise with a small fanbase a huge amount of characters just so that fanbase can complain about not having lyn or edelgard instead!

The irony of that image is that Kirby is indeed self-indulgent, but not for the reason that Sakurai has. Kirby went through a long period of difficult experimentation to try and find its feet after Sakurai left the series, which I believe is the reason why the franchise is currently trying to please as many fans as possible. That's not Sakurai's excuse; all he's really doing is self-masturbating and deflecting those who catch him doing it.

Attached: 1556839191936.png (673x125, 9K)

Are you just going to ignore that I already addressed that? It was originally 4. Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina. That's a fair representation for the series: Marth is the OG, Lucina replaced Roy as the Marth clone, Ike and Robin play completely different and were the most popular and most recent protagonists, respectively. Corrin was put in as DLC because they became the most recent protagonist, which is fair, and Corrin plays completely differently. Roy got added back in because people were requesting him, same reason why we got Chrom for Ultimate. All of this is justified and makes sense to me, although I think adding Roy was retarded.

>fanbase being terrible
>mattering in the grand sceme of things

There's undertale in this game.

>more content bad

>hates anime looking weebshit
>seethed over Incineroar and Pirhana Plant for months despite them being cartoony looking figures with unique movesets

Attached: 5548.png (497x307, 272K)

Its not more content tho. We have the same content 4 times thanks to the Marths and the rest are just barely different content

Why is it that playing differently is this huge, amazing accomplishment when FE does it that it always justifies all of their characters? Is that all it takes to be a good smash character? If the entire roster was nothing but untextured polygons but they all played differently would that be good?

Of course not because because they're not from FE. Nobody said "oh look how unique inkling and ridley are" at e3 2018 because unlike for FE being unique isnt some amazing mindblowing innovative thing, it's the bare minimum

>please get this shit off my plate
>"more food bad"

>Sailor Moon
>Weebshit
The ground for what is considered weebshit is through the fucking floor at this point. I guess we should take Link and Zelda out now.

OP, Here
I don’t give a shit about incineroar
Plant and Banjo are the only DLC characters I bought

Didn't you know that anything Japanese is weebshit and thus bad
Ignore my 600 hours in Neptunia btw Persona/Xenoblade/Fire Emblem/Dragon Quest/Fatal Fury bad and weebshit nobodies

The entire game is slightly different content

Oh shit, yeah you're right. Our new Smash roster should just be Diddy Kong, K. Rool, Banjo, and Dark Samus.

It might be a hard pill to swallow but people enjoy series you don't user.

>Kirby went through a long period of difficult experimentation to try and find its feet after Sakurai left the series
Actually, Shimomura was the director of the series and left right around when Sakurai did. Sakurai only directed Dreamland 1, Adventure, Super Star and Air Ride. Even if you exclude the games made after Air Ride, you're still looking at a handful of titles that are being ignored.

>Diddy Kong, King K Rool, and Dark Samus
Sorry those are owned by a Japanese company so it's weebshit.

Ironic considering the FE fanbase believes it should get 8 characters before series equal to or more popular should even get one.

That goes both ways.

Attached: 1479667057632.jpg (450x550, 36K)

Shitsona is a crap franchise. The music is shit, the "games" are just shitty vns.

Yu is trash though. Fucking shonen ass bitch.

Main characters who starred in their own games > sidekicks people only want so they can say a series has the right number of characters

Funny how this never came up when Black Knight was speculated.

I didn't mean to invalidate any of Shimomura's games with that statement. My favorite game is 64 and I'm fucking livid it got nothing in Ultimate. I just don't think it's fair for that old post to call Kirby self-indulgent because of Sakurai, when that clearly isn't the reason.

>caring about fanbases when you could cherrypick every bad fanbase in smash
>relevancyfagging when sakurai goes out of his way to disprove it with his own words, and additions

You're a lost cause.

I phrased it in kind of a shitposty way, and in fact I'd be happy if 50% of FE characters were gone next game, but the point I was making was the "who" matters just as much if not more than "how many".

>No replies

Attached: ER-jK6BXYAAVeV5.jpg (542x305, 21K)

>more anime fuck bois bad
Yes

Chrom was added because of fan demand and being an easy echo.

>Is over 12 and likes obnoxious, exaggerated cartoon over a stylized regular human
Guaranteed autism

>Ever seeing items
>Ever seeing assist trophies
>Ever seeing stages other than FD, Battlefield, and Smashville

People who play the game right need more Zelda representation. I don't care what retards like you do with the fluff.

>if I split hairs hard enough people will think I’m smart

Maybe if Kirby had characters that weren't different coloured testicles in a mask it might get more characters.

But if Sakurai was tired of all the FE shit, then he shouldn't have picked him.

Why is this gay furry's wet dream in Smash?

Attached: Wolf (1).png (1419x1325, 1.6M)

But it does.

Attached: 021801500.png (500x459, 80K)

Oh no, I know what you meant by your post. But it says a lot about Sakurai's overall taste and preferences. I agree overall. Crystal Shards is my favorite title too but I'd love to see stuff from the newer games, maybe a character or a stage. Planet Robobot had some really cool stages.

He wanted to make fans happy.

Doomfags never complain about other characters (Probably the ONLY exception would be Byleth)

>Is over 12 and likes obnoxious, exaggerated stylized regular human
you're both autists

>Is over 12 and likes character designs
Guaranteed autism

all trash

How the fuck is that splitting hairs? "Weebshit like Sailor Moon" is a stupid statement.

He's just an alt for an existing character. If we start counting Echoes for our roster autism arguments, then we may as well start counting Hero as 4 Dragon Quest character and Bowser Jr as 8 Mario characters, because it's not a huge step to go from a character that plays 100% the same but looks different to a character that plays 95% the same but looks and moves different.

So Chrom gets a free pass despite him being another Marth lookalike all because he was "requested"?

If people asked for a character to be in and they got in as a low effort clone, which both pleased the people who wanted him in and didn't take away from people who wanted something else, how is that not a good thing?

You said that Sakurai was tired of shilling FE endlessly after Corrin. If that's the case then he should not have picked him.

Not the same person.

Attached: 8339BB75-DE58-4896-9818-7B2783E7EEEB.jpg (403x448, 64K)

user, I know you don’t actually think that’s Donkey Kong is as weeb as Naruto or Sailor Moon. Unless you’re really dedicated, you’re not going to convince anyone that you’re that retarded.

Here you go user

>more popular
cartoons are dying and even Americans are starting to make their own anime because they realize that cartoons look like shit

Not person you replied to but you cant compare echo fighters to actual newcomers

Still doesn't change the fact that he's a FE character that made a real debut after Corrin.

>Characters that would have excellent movesets, animations, music, stages and spirits
>Trash
Stop playing anime games user, they are damaging your brain, after all, you will ALWAYS live in youtu.be/lVHeW0_RRaQ

An echo for another character would have been better

I'm sure it would've, but you can't be surprised after he got a gigantic wave of requests when he got very visibly cucked out of a slot in Smash 4. At least people actually requested Chrom, unlike Corrin and Byleth.

Yes you can.
>A way for lesser known characters to sneak in the roster with less effort
>Fire Emblem manages to take that away as well
>Said character is still present in Robin's Final Smash, magnifying how hamfisted he was from the start
The base game needed at least three more echoes or two more, swapping Chrom out and adding another.

Attached: d97ixog-d2222030-43e1-4f4e-a1a3-0bf50405740f.png (1000x1383, 1.3M)

I fully agree, not sure how it would have worked but a Celica echo of Robin would have been nice. Or hell an Edelgard echo of byleth 3H spoilers since she has the crest of flames, she could wield the 4 relic weapons Byleth does

>A Marth copy with clone moveset based off another clone is a better than two characters who're actually unique all because he was "requested"

Attached: DVQnEhNVoAASCkF.jpg (419x480, 32K)

Micky and Disney is such a mindless brand.

because all of his buddies are in

He was popular and unlike someone like Krystal could work as a deriative of Fox/Falco's moveset, straight from the horse's mouth

sourcegaming.info/2015/08/17/sakuraibrawlquestions/

Chrom is just Roy without the hilt sweetspot and with Ike's up B, so no one really minded or cared because of how little effort he took. Whereas characters like Corrin and Byleth were full fledged new movesets.

you'll never see it coming

Good reading skills there, Tex. The argument wasn't even about MUH MOVESET POTENTLA1!!11. It was about how Sakurai claimed he tired about FE after Corrin and yet went out of his way to included Chrom.

Wolf is cool fuck you.

>itt smashtards shits over the idea of seeing more weeby anime swordsmen and FE reps appearing their faggy kid's game
>defends roy and chrom anyway because they were requested

clown fanbase

Attached: 1521509858601.gif (200x150, 2.59M)

So would you rather have a character with a moveset that's the least fun you can have in the game but it's a character you at the very least want, or a character that's one of the most fun ones to play as and against but is a character you either couldn't care less about or didn't want at all.
I'd personally go with the latter.

nigger people requested k rool, ridley and simon since forever. now people give more a shit about joker and richter instead despite being under everyone's radar.

Ridley and Banjo were my most requested characters but I find Ridley to be somewhat fun to play while I got tired of Banjo really quick. I'm happy that they're in the game but some of the characters I never asked for like Incineroar, Joker, Hero, and Terry are way more fun.

It's almost like people who tend to be hardcore into Smash another just treat it like a party game are younger aged weebs who dont have too much attachment to characters like Banjo and K. Rool

The characters I want. I don't about fun if it's not a character I care for.

Because his game is popular

>younger aged weebs
what kind of shit excuse is that? none of "younger aged weebs" gave a single shit about richter (a boomer character) in the slightest prior to his announcement and now people love him a whole lot more than simon.

Seriously. I didn't realize the bottom of the barrel was so near at hand.

Fuck off Brew Oswald of Vidya Bros

The rule is that the character needs to be available in a Nintendo game, it doesnt has to be the original game. For example Cloud got in before FFVII was playable in a Nintendo console. Joker got in thanks to PQ2

Weeb is liking ANYTHING japanese.

>Why does this Japanese game have Japanese content in it!!!

That's not a rule, that's a "courtesy", as Sakurai has stated.

Let's try that again, user. Try and pick the correct one.

Attached: weeb game.jpg (800x900, 227K)

I THINK SMASH, PERSONA AND SAKURAI SUCK

Attached: i think.jpg (1280x720, 197K)

You can't read

>Another triggered westerncuck thread