Bannerlord: THIS MONTH Edition

>harvesting season is THIS MONTH, March 31ST
>Engine supports 1000+ AI units on screen, VERIFIED, angsty anti-M&B naysayers BTFO
>World map offering ~3X larger play area
>enhanced formations
>enhanced diplomacy
>crafting
>Pre-deployment phase
>Functioning real-time siege weaponry
>Enhanced siege decisions at the world map stage

>factions are made up of clans
>Family dynasty system, you can die and play on as your offspring
>greatly enhanced management of your kingdom/regions
>executions
>A.I plays under the same rules as the player as much as possible, needs to recruit troops the same way the player does from the same availability pool so all the lords and the player are on an even playing field
>you need to buy horses for your cavalry troops and so does the AI, from the same pools just like the troops above
>shop locations can be bought in cities, and again these are available for the AI and the player under the same rules so there's competition for ownership
>personal horses have upgrade slots

>engine designed with modding in mind
>mods can be stacked on top of each other in a load order
>official modding tools will be released (not with initial EA release though)
>some features will not be present in the initial EA release, such as creating your own kingdom and crafting, and will be added in over the coming months
>Remember to create a better future where cowardly Rhodoks can never come to exist

Attached: WqY6lJ4.png (5104x3409, 1.98M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cIlDrGHB2kY
youtu.be/K6I43srOvB0
youtube.com/watch?v=QO1IxZtb54Q
youtube.com/watch?v=un3UtcoeZ9A
youtube.com/watch?v=HZlkdCZUcQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=Fg6ydNaq46g
youtube.com/watch?v=lYK66wXW8kE
mountandblade.fandom.com/wiki/Dhirim
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/defending-dhirim-ffs.141434/
youtube.com/watch?v=a1xow24yRX0
youtube.com/watch?v=AkBc0apQd8w&t=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Turkey got corona virus earlier today.

Let's fucking go

All these years waiting, life has taken its toll on the young man I used to be

Attached: boomer.jpg (432x377, 75K)

oh shit, lads, its march. this is when you buy a whole load of hash to make these weeks fly by

>tfw italian
>tfw virus is spreading like wildfire

I endured all this time just to die at the finish line?

Can you join and gain rank in bandit factions?

Yes you can join Battania

Attached: 1543762168471.png (1280x720, 1.35M)

as if I needed another reason to hate the Chinese

Attached: AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.gif (508x270, 436K)

when will they add custom troops? I want my elite corp or game breaking boys.

i am italian too and youre NOT gonna die of coronavirus.
Unless youre older than 70

Fuck off Eugene

a 19 year old in the u.s died yesterday, and a few people in their 20's/30's/40's have died.. i don't know if they had deficiencies with their immune system of what not, but not only the elderly have died.

oh come on youre not gonna seriously believe that this virus can kill a healthy young man

Lads I just got into warband and why are the factions in bannerlord so shit in comparison? The only cool new faction is the empire.

The fucking game is about to be released and we're going to fucking die because of some chink bioweapon. Fuck this shit.

This
It's
>*cough*
Just
>*Lungs fill with water*
A
>*Mind boils to sludge
Flu!
>*dies*

A 25 year old woman in Sweden got the corona virus and didn't die. She was put in quarantine and survived.

Are you telling me that the US population are more pathetic then a swedish 25 year old woman? Get it together US.

Are you retarded?

its more than a flu but still not lethal if youre not a pathological host

But you just participated in the corona discussion as well. Not only that, you added some bullshit conspiracy on top of it.

Are you really this dense?

A load of what you just quoted isn't even talking about the virus you jaded autist

Attached: 1462283407_8kFjhTS.png (591x391, 222K)

It better be ,i didnt not kill myself for this long for vaporware

Attached: 1548720666177.png (500x300, 42K)

Can't wait for the inevitable civil war era/ wild west mod
Best part of M&B by far

have sex

The new sieges are going to be amazing!

Attached: 1028793401234.webm (1280x720, 2.22M)

What's the quickest way to get the 100 beta wins badge? I don't even like MP but I wouldn't mind rubbing that in the faces of retail noobs for years to come.

You're a retard who's brain can't comprehend large numbers apparently. Having a 0.1% mortality rate in young people in a virus this contagious still means thousands of deaths. You see 0.1% and think "hurrrr that number small" but it's a fucking airborne virus with an insanely high infection rate, 0.1% is insanely high when you're talking about a virus multiplying in your entire population

NEVER

EVER

Keys are around 35 euros

Joining a try hard clan of sweaty faggots and 6 stacking in a discord call. That's literally it, that's the extent of how the top clans get all their wins. When your team is 6 autistic arm chair commanders in a discord call sweating their balls off and the enemy team is 6 solo queue players in a closed beta then you win 99% of games by default

Can you even play the campaign in multiplayer or is it just shitty skirmishes?

>Can you even play the campaign in multiplayer
Multi are just skirmishes

The multiplayer beta is just death match and captain mode, single player not until ea release on March 31

I meant in Bannerlord. Will this be a feature later on in the new game though?

bannerlord will introduce large scale MP game modes with hundreds of players, but not a campaign mode in the official version.

Expect mods to have a go at it, though

Attached: image-1.jpg (1920x1080, 205K)

Will be the same did you play Warband? how could you turn the campaign into a multiplayer experience

I'm not sure how that would work. You would have to have the game either always run at regular speed, even when in towns or resting, or have it pause for the other player when in towns and have resting require both players to agree to rest.

Plus battles, either they would just spectate, or would take the role of an enemy unit. Which is fine until you get bodied by the non-AI enemy every battle.

I would love to be able to play with my mates, but I can't see it working in a way that doesn't feel shit.

They've already hinted and talked about it, the most it will be is having the other player drop in for battles, nothing on the campaign map. The games captain system would allow another player to drop into a battle and play as one of your captains but then they're out again as soon as the battle ends, at most they could just watch you control the party and only participate in battles

FUCK, I WANT THIS GAME NOW !

Hold up my guy, 30 days to go.

They've literally said they thought about about it and decided against it. There will be no MP campaign mode in bannerlord unless it's modded in.

We can do it bros.

How would the real time world simulation synchronise between players? Make it turn based and wait for all clients?

Yeah but I'm not some high-carb bitch that grew up on antibiotics like 100% of american kids

Have one player be the main player as normal, and the other player be a companion in his party. Simple.

just 30 more days bros, I'll see you on the other side

uh yes, American healthcare is dogshit if you can't pay and most people can't pay

this is the small quality of life feature that make bannerlord already infinity better than warband.

Attached: comfyBL.jpg (1920x1080, 1.57M)

>bannerlord releasing just in time before going outside is outlawed

pray that it gets released before it kills off enough people to force a delay

>Imagine taking cover behind that merlon

Attached: 12348971290345.webm (1920x804, 1.6M)

wait what? Catapults actually damage buildings?

How would a 6700K fare?

>tfw you realise coronavirus is the final boss before M&B

generals belong on /vg/

youtu.be/cIlDrGHB2kY

Attached: 19028347021345.png (647x481, 85K)

Do NPCs have families and die?
If/when all the important named NPCs die are they replaced with randomly generated goons that won't have any quests or personalities?
Assuming that there's any quests relevant to important NPCs/rulers in the first place.

Pedolord soon: youtu.be/K6I43srOvB0

Attached: 1581095466141.jpg (1062x1080, 143K)

30 DAYS!

Gonna start what will likely be my last Warband campaign before Bannerlord comes out. This feels surreal bros, I hope I dont die in the next month. Also pick
>mods to use
>faction to first join with
>faction to first conquer
>endgame goal

>Perisno
>Reich Des Drachen
>The fucking knife eared elven scum
>Destroy the chink menace
Good luck and Godspeed

Attached: 1582598550377.jpg (504x651, 134K)

Attached: 1520708427905.jpg (916x963, 531K)

Based Perisno poster. Thrak best companion Tamaris is my cumdump

>no dick formation
dropped

>Square formation
Eat shit calvaryfags

>Built a new pc to play bannerlord
>Have no idea what to do with it until then

Best video games released in the last 5 years? The only other things I remember being interested in besides this were the second Vermintide, and Mordhau.

is right. Why have a discussion on Yea Forums when people who actually play vidya are in /vg/

Attached: 1557428982_894c051cfc27700fbec965e5aad77e40.png (768x1024, 1.45M)

Attached: finally some good fucking cunny.jpg (789x450, 58K)

Skein seems actually useful

Vermintide 2 got unironically ruined by reddit because devs listened to their feedback. Mordhau had some balancing issues I think map-wise and of course niggers found le epic exploits for feints and shit. Last I heard the devs were going to make it impossible to do them.

>Vermintide 2 got unironically ruined by reddit because devs listened to their feedback
What did they do?

Whatever happened to that 40k Space Hulk?

Vermintide 2 is still fun imo. You should grab it and by the time you start to hate you already spent 500 hours in it so it's a good investment

Oh my god.. This month..
I can't believe it.
youtube.com/watch?v=QO1IxZtb54Q

GNOMES!

Vermintide got ruined because the devs have no idea what they're doing and take forever to release content no one wanted. No even fucking reddit likes most of the changes they made and they had to back peddle on some of them. Don't shift the blame to reddit for Fatshark's utter incompetence.

bros...

Attached: 12304987234254.png (1920x1080, 2.12M)

How popular will Bannerlord be bros?

Attached: yyous7joqqn31.png (960x960, 424K)

lmao this will definitely be a problem here
US work culture is so horrible and healthcare is too expensive, so I bet not a few people who get coronavirus will just try to work through it out of fear of getting fired if they take a sick day

My depression becomes greater every day. I feel like wailing but I dont have the strength left for it. I just want to sleep and never wake up again. I don't think that I can make it bros

its not a flu nigga its a bioweapon. 30 year old doctor dying young people dying should of told you by now.

I just bought a key for 35 merkelcoins after this video

You’re coping. The virus causes permanent infertility and kidney damage. If you get it a 2nd time it’s far more deadly. Take the time to research what we’re actually up against or shut the fuck up. Spreading your garbage copes doesn’t help people prepare for the worst. Smarten up

yeah I will write that mod for you, faggot

why total war doesn't have this feature? what the fuck??

what is this image supposed to convey? Good?

It's a bug in the beta where the guy doesn't hold the crossbow properly

>raise your daughteru from an infant into a beautiful girl.
>Ride, raid, defend castles and villages with her.
>Teach her how to do business, teach her how to swindle merchants.
>Walk her down the aisle for her wedding to that powerful lord you've been fighting for for over ten years.

>As you know that her future is secure you can at last lay down your weapon and let the wounds of battle and age take you to your departed friends.

Attached: Fuckin Based.gif (245x150, 762K)

>pipe.png

CA stopped caring about the franchise since Rome 2

Attached: 1582639488541.webm (1280x720, 1.96M)

>30 days until the end of an 8 year long wait

Attached: 1535043281579.jpg (401x485, 33K)

Attached: 1545256206829.png (720x888, 938K)

When it gets released it's going to be in early access for "about a year". Wtf I want to play a complete game, not something that's missing singleplayer elements like quests and perks and whatever else...

It's airborne only according to Chinese officials. The same officials who have been hiding literally everything

I'm so fucking aroused right now

No spear wall?

this is a stupid way to destroy a country

peni

all these gimmicky features u lose interest in 10 minutes. Then the game because the same old mount and blade with grunting and snarling noises but with slightly sharper textures.

Fuck off.

Spears are for fags.

Are (You) a fag?

your seething because its true, your a utter retard

>your
It's you're'r you fucking retard.

>early access
OH NO NO NO NO NO
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

stop loosing youre shit bitch and accept bannerlord is going to be shit

Bannerlord will cure coronavirus and bring us world peace.

>bannerlord will introduce large scale MP game modes with hundreds of players
wait what? can I get a link explaining this

the only thang bannerload-of-shit will bring to this world is mass disappointment due to its long development time thus unrealistic expectations

i can see the threads now

I can't because everyone (including you) will be too busy having fun playing it.

have you never played 200 man siege servers for warband? They've confirmed siege is returning and they've mentioned MP for "hundreds" of players, so we can assume 200+ man servers are returning.

Attached: 1566732361591.jpg (1920x1080, 459K)

Yeah. You'll be making them all.

Maybe spear units in shield wall formation?

square formation makes your guys equip spears if they have them

whats actually getting released on the 31st? single player and some multi?

Then it wouldn't be a "shield wall," you fucking asshole.

single player minus a few features like kingdom creation, kingdom rebelions, and some clan management. Also a lot of recycled scenes for towns and villages while they create all the unique scenes for full release and filler content like quests and voice acting missing. Pretty sure its all the multiplayer just not balanced well

youtube.com/watch?v=un3UtcoeZ9A

>single player minus a few features
Will there be backwards movement for the player character, do you know?

That mod would render cavalry obsolete, totally corrupting unit balance.

GAY mod.

It's almost like cavalry is for flanking.

>cavalry is for flanking
So you're saying that the intended role of cavalry is to be dedicated pussies that only hit people's backs?

I'm guessing the common cause of death for cavalry was shame.

I feel like there is good potential for fantasy mods for small races with this (halflings, gnomes, dwarves)

For fucks sake dude. You do know 350,000 people die from the regular flu per year?

yeah but the combat is shit when compared to warband

Calling it now: bannerlord will be massively barebones bunch of nothing and will stay in EA for 12 years. That will be $60 dollars sir!

Wouldn't it work just fine if it removed the "time stops if you're not moving" thing?

>hash
what's that?

BY THE SWORD AND BY THE SPEAR

Attached: 1582592947717.jpg (426x454, 45K)

imagine being hyped up for a game in development for a fucking decade, that's also coming out as early access to be milked for more money while being devoid of any meaningful content
holy shit, bannerblunder will be a shitftest of the century

>the intended role of cavalry is to be dedicated pussies that only hit people's backs?
Until heavy barding were created for horses that was exactly their role, they'd fuck up any shattered unit fleeing and hammer down on a pinned down enemy.
They'd do counter charge against opposed cas and deny the enemies the high ground.
>I'm guessing the common cause of death for cavalry was shame.
No, that was falling down the horse after keking too much at the running peasants.

Let's be fair here
All of you Yea Forumsedditors are going to get filtered by the AI even at easy difficulty
youtube.com/watch?v=HZlkdCZUcQ0

Attached: 16% face.png (271x345, 188K)

CONTINUED
>Sturgians are Slavs and not Nordics
>Cone helmets for the Vlandians irritates beta males
>Multiplayer is bad and it attracts all the children and other undesirables and has them stay away from the singleplayer community, free filtration system
>Two factions consisting of non-white peoples, allowing you to burn villages and enslave peasants without feeling guilty
>Modding capabilities so great that if you for some reason really dislike the native setting of the game, just wait for a good total overhaul mod and play that

>will be a shitftest of the century
Wait until you learn that Bannerlord 2 is in the work, while Bannerlord is still in Early Access 5 years from now.

> Maximum Calvary
> Use Skein formation
> Full charge like your the fucking Rohirrim into the greenskin hordes

muh
fucking
dick

>/vg/ calling others reddit

VLANDIBROS WHERE WE @

youtube.com/watch?v=Fg6ydNaq46g

Attached: mount and blade noise.png (1085x898, 455K)

cant wait for the multiplayer

>he hasn't played the multiplayer yet

Attached: 1453515087013.png (493x276, 34K)

HAHA! Time to restore the empire!
BUTTER OUT
FOREST BANDITS OUT
VODKA NORDS OUT
HORSE N*GGERS OUT
SAND MONKEYS OUT

Attached: 1575977938397.jpg (1002x1280, 121K)

>all of those who didnt make it or arent going to make it
Why life treats us like this?

Attached: tryagain.jpg (464x404, 56K)

Todd, I don't have time for Skryim
That's just gonna have to wait a while
Ain't got time for those other games
They're just not my style

Each delay that added days
To the already painful wait
But I know exactly what I'm playin'
It's getting closer and closer every day

And I'm almost there
I'm almost there
People say "It's early access"
But I don't care
Wars and castle sieges
I'll have my share
There ain't nothin' gonna stop me now
Cause I'm almost there

I remember Taleworlds told me
"We're making Warband 2,
We're gonna make it happen
We're doing this for you"
So I watched the dev blog every day
Read all the info comin' my way
If it's releasing soon,
Sixty bucks I'll give to you

And I'm almost there
I'm almost there
People said this game was vaporware
But I'm almost there
I'm almost there

There’s been weeks and months of silence
That really had me scared
But I’ve watched the trailers
I’ve played the beta
And I’m almost there
I’m almost there
I'M ALLLLLLMOOOOOOOOOST
THEREEEEEEE

Attached: almostthere.png (1164x650, 556K)

youtube.com/watch?v=lYK66wXW8kE
will these absolute chads make a return?

Attached: sea raider.jpg (1200x1886, 128K)

?

It's shit btw

Attached: wow.webm (1280x720, 1.98M)

looks fun

>fun
okay kid

Which of these cities is supposed to be Dhirim?

>Dhirim
I'm guessing you mean Skyrim.
That's from a totally different game.

Do you even play Mount and Blade?

Attached: uwot.jpg (1824x1036, 346K)

>what is photoshop
Yeah, buddy: I will not be fooled, you fricking jackass.

i will enjoy it

I already get filtered fighting the ai in Captain mode. Have to let my boys handle it for me.

>joy
Such juvenile tastes.
Make sure not to shit your diaper, kid.

Probably the same city that occupies that space on the map.
Off the top of my head I think that's Seonon, but I'm pretty sure I'm wrong.

geographically, I'd say rhotae, but it doesn't look like a 100% transfer.

mountandblade.fandom.com/wiki/Dhirim

Attached: (you).gif (384x269, 837K)

>letting your arch enemy fuck your daughter

Attached: 1577906423900.jpg (290x291, 84K)

Can't wait for this.
Multiplayer battles are gonna be great.

Bannerlord Disord
3FWnSgX

Attached: s82bcp1tsz941.jpg (672x768, 44K)

>fighting for
>arch enemy

Playing as a small child looks hilarious

i will have a jovial time with it

>hurr durr this highly editable document from this user created website prove am right
Good job in showing everyone how scheming and nasty you are, you gaslighting prick.

you're either dumb as fuck or this is the worst attempt at trolling I've ever seen

Attached: 48700_screenshots_2015-12-26_00007.jpg (1366x768, 205K)

forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/defending-dhirim-ffs.141434/
youtube.com/watch?v=a1xow24yRX0

I do feel bad for people like you. You were probably 12 when overwatch came out and the trailers were peak nostalgia/hype for you. What a terrible time to live in.

>console

Shit im retarded, anyhow, still seems to be cucked as fuck

Holy shit stop getting baited you fucking retards

Attached: 1582690938355.jpg (680x678, 48K)

Attached: hits pipe.jpg (236x291, 14K)

lmao

I search Google using your image, and found this.
It's called "Dhirir;" you just added the "m."
That doesn't prove anything.

Attached: IMG_6524.png (1024x576, 899K)

The song sounds like the Trapper song from the Trey Parker movie Cannibal the Musical

Don't you think the Slavs are overreacting a little? I mean the nobles we've seen do look a lot more Slavic than what people thought they would, which is cool because that makes them distinct from factions we've seen before. But the units are still basically the same that Slavs were crying about except with new hats.

>multiplayer fags do not like the multiplayer
Wow, now I'm actually a little optimistic about the multiplayer as well, seeing as how those retards are whining about it

Yeah, only 30 days, what could possibly happen!

>dies of corona virus

I never played warband. Will I be okay jumping into this? I've done other strategy games like civ and stuff.

Attached: 1477767065149.jpg (5000x5177, 448K)

warband is less than $2 on GoG or easily piratable, go play it now bannerlord is basically the exact same game

You'll be OK I guess, but Mount and Blade is an entirely different experience from any other game. I don't think there is a single game mechanic that is similar to anything in Civ

CHOOSE NIGGERS

Attached: 1582467026693.jpg (4016x5078, 3.04M)

Attached: 1579351331940.jpg (1024x557, 196K)

For those that don't know they're still releasing redesigns for these units. I'm assuming the Legionary and the Varyag/Huskarl are getting changed again. They used to have gloves and more elaborate designs, so I think we'll get something different eventually.

Arabs or Turkic horse dudes

I like the full helmet knight and Druzhinnik. Cataphract too.

>this is considered an improvement

Attached: Bannerlord Sturgian Huskarl.png (1558x1170, 1.99M)

for me it's the Southern Empire

Attached: justininan pepe.png (800x770, 931K)

Russians have been seething for years on the Taleworlds website about Sturgia, demanding that they change them. Now that they made them slightly more Slavic at the cost of looking worse, they consider that a huge win. It's a little sad.

The multiplayer beta is just a few units per faction, not everyone of their units. the huscarls are guaranteed to still be in the game probably just one of the minor factions you can recruit from they always talk about

It's not just the slavs getting redone.
The "artists" on the forums trying to help Taleworlds create a "more aesthetic" or "historical" Bannerlord are scum.
Pic related, this was made by one of the guys credited for the recent aesthetic reworks.

Attached: Pictish Rick.png (781x1019, 529K)

new battania is way better than the last patch. Either way, they're actively changing the aesthetic with every patch so I'd stop seething so early before they settle on a design

You can see Huskarl-like mercenaries (and Triarii) in this crappy video: youtube.com/watch?v=AkBc0apQd8w&t=

Still, the Sturgian units were better before. They look unfinished now.

The problem is that everyone demanding they look like this or that are people who found an image on google and think that's all the research that needs to be done.

Attached: a9f5cc6284186e360c47308f4533d524.jpg (610x443, 69K)

>b0.6.3
That was before all the changes

This video is a mod a bunch of chinks made by cracking the beta and reassembling a bunch of things they found in the code. Nothing you see in this video is credible to the state of the game

isn't it multiplayer only at this point?

I agree with this. Battania was a huge improvement and I think they will make similar good choices like that in the future. I assume you can tell by the gloves and overall look of the unit if it's just a placeholder. There are lightly armored units with gloves, yet several new heavy infantry designs without them that look very bland and unarmored.

I think they found those files buried deep in the beta. They've found things like a katana which is called "Strange Blade" again. Maybe I'm wrong though, I just assumed they found the actual files for these minor factions

I'm not buying it, not supporting Turkish economy after their attempts to flood Europe with uruks

>a 19 year old
He was in his 50s.

>daughter gets sarrani'd

Vlandia as always, for the homies.

same but because of their unholy war against the rightful government of Syria

Attached: turkish intervention in syria.webm (720x528, 1.58M)

Vlandia.
Death to the ""empires""

Attached: Kaisersaal_Frankfurt_am_Main,_Nr._18_-_Konrad_III.,_(Ferdinand_Fellner).jpg (809x2661, 1.94M)

>he's not in the beta
I seriously hope you guys got in.

Attached: 1566444443373.png (1902x652, 1.36M)

what about the >holy>calradian>empire

i didnt even know there was a beta

isn't it MP only

My Perisno Nigga,
>Perisno
>Hakkon Empire for spears
>Dwarves, like their area more
>Equipping the mercenary troop tree with 5 meter long spears and making Macedonian spearwall

it's alright.

Attached: Philipp_Foltz_Barbarossa_und_Heinrich_der_Löwe_in_Chiavenna.jpg (2652x2005, 1.99M)

Where are the BIG EMPIRE XBOWS

empire archer militia can get crossbows instead of bows with a perk

Perks? How does that work?

The system in Warband was completely removed, in Bannerlord you just choose a troop type and 2 perks that change their loadout.

Calradia 1417
Swadia
Swadia, Rhodok, Vaegir
Become Holy Swadia Empire

Attached: mb137.jpg (1920x1080, 860K)

Gib tips on how to siege Forde. All those ships and chokepoint are a fucking hell

> I want my elite corp or game breaking boys.
Swadian knights?

my cpu is not prepared

None of you better try and marry Siga the Rock, I've already claimed her.

will I be ok lads

Attached: spc.png (422x119, 8K)

fuck off with dumb boomer stats

how many millions of people contract flu for that 350k?

Most /vg/ threads are the same 3 assholes bumping it with nonsense and bullshit so they don't get pushed off to no thread land by all the other idiots doing the same thing.

How will ageing make any sense in game?

You can play a full campaign to utter boredom in no more than 10~ years, you'd have to play for literal real life years to appreciate any significant change in the game world

dwarf fortress has the same problem, by the time your second generation reaches 10 years old, you've either deleted the save out of boredom or died of lag death.

You don't even know how fast time passes in the game so why are you already so knowledgable about how that game mechanic will be?

should specify I meant m&b 1 campaigns rarely last more than a decade, I didn't have any information about how they plan on handling the passage of time, hence my curiosity

to answer my own question, I dug around and apparently years will only be 8 weeks long, as opposed to m&b 1's 52. This makes a lot more sense.