Why did people dislike Arkham Origins? I thought it was better than Arkham Knight

Why did people dislike Arkham Origins? I thought it was better than Arkham Knight.

Attached: baokafinal.jpg (530x520, 79K)

It is

Yea Forums was high on using the phrase "B-team" upon release to excuse the fact they actually DIDN'T like more of the same, as evidenced by the fact I see a lot of "Arkham was never good" posting lately, although I think this is mostly superhero fatigue/Arkham combat fatigue talking. AO had a really buggy launch, and by the time it was fixed, people already wrote it off. It's biggest sin is the villain switcheroo more than anything

At the very least, play the DLC, it's Heart of Ice - The Game

Attached: BatmanOrigins.exe_2015-07-23-19-01-15-459.jpg (1920x1200, 667K)

combat is literally made worse to simulate Batman just starting.

Story is pretty bad too.

>I think this is mostly superhero fatigue/Arkham combat fatigue talking.
>AO had a really buggy launch, and by the time it was fixed, people already wrote it off. It's biggest sin is the villain switcheroo more than anything

This, basically. Combined with the fact that it wasn't able to finish all of the ideas it wanted to do, there's a number of awkward points in the story, and the fact that it has to adhere to the rest of the series instead of being able to do its own thing.

It's a lesser Arkham City

>tfw it took me 25 tries to beat Deathstroke on my first playthrough

Attached: BB539598-C1CF-44CE-9F55-268676913A24.gif (200x200, 3.46M)

Origins' story was fucking excellent, what are you talking about?

It was made by a different team, so it had to be bad.

>Story is pretty bad too.
I actually thought Origins' story was the best in the series (even with some of its issues), but I guess it's not like the other Arkham games have very strong stories to begin with.

I unironically loved Arkham Knight.
City > Origins = Knight > Asylum.

I've only played asylum and city, are Knight and Orgins worth a playthrough?

Asylum is my favorite in every area except combat. I really wish there was a version of the game with City's combat at the very least.

I dislike all Arkham games that aren't Asylum.

Yes. Origins is a pretty sick game, and honestly, so is Knight. People criticize how they overuse the Batmobile, but it's not a problem for me considering I'm controlling the fucking Batmobile which is something 10 year old me wouldn't believe. Knight gets too much shit.

Knight no, origins maybe

i hope its open world again

Attached: 20180817164218_1.jpg (3840x2160, 776K)

Sure. Origins is like a glorified expansion pack to City, and Knight is still a decent successor to City despite all of the focus on the batmobile.

It most likely will be, but I'd prefer another smaller-scaled game like Asylum with tighter level design.

Every single game that has the word "Origin" in it is garbage. I can't explain it.

Attached: 1469189796867(1).jpg (346x294, 27K)

I rolled my eyes when Joker turned up again, same with Arkham Knight. They couldn't make one fucking game without him and it pissed me off. What happened to the balls the series had with Arkham Asylum and City?

>bane raids batman's mansion and discovers his identity
>he conveniently forgets it all five minutes later when he roids up
never mind all the other mooks that follow him that should also know batman's identity
fuck off, the story had a lot more bullshit than even that

It's because you have bad taste.

Attached: ro.png (616x353, 518K)

What balls did it have in Asylum? It was a pretty safe, if excellent, "general Batman" adventure.

I know Batman's always had a darker edge, but I think they leaned more heavily into that than is typical. Some of it was borderline survival horror. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it was genuinely inspired.

wow. you cant even bother to defend it.
way to convince people to like the game

Origins could have been good if it wasn't trying so hard to fit into the Arkham series at the detriment to its own story.

Not to mention never explaining things because it expects you to know Batman and Bane's relationship from the comics.

>Batman and Bane know each other despite never meeting before
>how is never explained
>Bane says that killing Batman will bring him peace
>what he means is never explained
>Bane knows that using TN1 will give him brain damage
>he uses it anyway, even though he was already giving Batman a hard enough time as is and only "lost" the last fight due to a specific set of circumstances

Based

the trailers promised a bunch of lesser known batman villains all hunting him down. turns out they have like 1 appearance each in the game and surprise surprise, joker is the big bad. but not only that, we get to see another joker origin story. gee what is different this time? nothing

Did you respond to the wrong post? I was asking a question, not defending a game.

This was my biggest disappointment, basically. The villains popping up on Batman and surprising him (like in the cinematic Batman vs. Deathstroke trailer) happens about twice in the game (Deathstroke and Copperhead).

New Batman reveal today?

i found it hilarious how the story tells you that some crook has a heart problems and then the game lets you punch him a million times rapidly with electricity gloves

Yeah.

Am I the only one who genuinely has no problem with Joker being the main antagonist / secondary protagonist of all four games?

>Black Mask has heart issues
>was just tortured by Joker for a week
>Batman finds him and immediately beats the shit out of him
>threatens to give him a heart attack as interrogation

That was pretty fucked up, desu.

Yes.

The game was very buggy at release, but I find the story and most of the characters to be their best iteration, it has the best Bane in all of the Arkham games by far, Killer Croc didn't look too exaggerated with his mutation, Deathstroke was fucking awesome and had a cool ass boss fight, the only real minuses were the forced Riddler stuff and the fact that half the map was recycled from Arkham City.

Attached: batman-arkham-origins-bane.jpg w=640.jpg (620x342, 167K)

the multiplayer was fucking excellent. I have a real soft spot for weird shoehorned multiplayer like in this game or in Asscreed

Attached: 1529079241181.jpg (315x404, 34K)

The multiplayer mode in Origins was pretty fucking kino desu