"I am the most Soulless and corporate focus tested video game ever made"

>"I am the most Soulless and corporate focus tested video game ever made"
Prove this statement wrong Yea Forums
You can't

Attached: pg5pl0mpzl9y.png (836x1245, 1.54M)

Prove it right first.

This

That's easy, user. You aren't a videogame.

I'm not sure how you can say that with a straight face, but believe what you want, hombre.

Attached: FlatDetailedCreature-size_restricted.gif (445x250, 1.51M)

Kek I seen this the other day in relation to Horizon Zero Dawn. Wtf is wrong with you OP? Stop hating videogames so much you have to make these threads and try to get others riled up, there's more to life, like go to /pol/ and do something crazy

OP here. Posted the wrong image

Attached: 8c67110933ce17bb89517956eb6f93a2ec0d03e1.jpg (616x353, 63K)

>"I am the gayest most degenerate "human" being that has ever lived
Prove this statement wrong OP
You can't

Always love how livid Nintendo fans get over nothing.

you're exaggerating but it does really feel like a tech demo instead of a proper game. I asked myself "is this it?" 4-5 hours into the game and nothing changed all the way to ganon

>develop game for over 4 years
>concepts like UFOs and Grappling Hook cut
>Full size dungeons turned into shrines and beasts
>kokorok seeds and weapon durability implemented in lieu of anything else
>stamina wheel and rain mechanic in lieu of anything else
OP has good tastes and is unable to play this game
we expected something rather than nothing!

>soulless
>feels like a tech demo
>ubisoft towers
>empty barren world
>overrated
>nothing but shrines and korok seeds
>half life 2 had physics too
I thought the NPC thing was just a meme but after more than 2 years of seeing the same braindead "criticisms" parroted about this game it's obvious it describes a real anthropological type

Literally every group of people will, though. Not a very astute comment, my friend.

nah, it's always way worse with this particular game. not even nintendo in general, but BotW has absolutely mental fans

It's also people who didn't play the game.

All of those are true. The real NPC is the person that can't refute the criticism and hides behinds reaction images or insults.

these criticisms are invalid
for I have declared thee have not yet played thy game!

or maybe they're repeated because that's how some people feel about it lmao. I played it for the first time a few months ago and thought tech demo described it perfectly

Yearly sports games exist, you nintendo-obsessed faglord.

Attached: 1569221466218.jpg (750x743, 56K)

the fact that there's a sequel coming that seems heavily story-centric seems to imply it was in fact a trial for the full release

>soulless
this doesn't mean anything, can't refute it because there's no substance to the criticsim. If you want me to refute it anyway i guess i can say something like "Game is filled with soul"
>feels like a tech demo
this just means it has tech in it that isn't commonly used by other games, in this case the Magnesis and Stasis physics powers. It's not really a criticism of the game though, because being a tech demo isn't inherently a bad thing.
>ubisoft towers
Ubisoft didn't invent map reveals, and the BotW towers are a lot less problematic than the Ubisoft ones. all the BotW towers do is give you warp points and fill in your terrain map, they don't cover your map with objectives like ubisoft towers do. Really the BotW towers are no different from wind wakers talking fish
>empty barren world
patently false, world is full of detailed locations. There may be a lack of unique rewards from the overworld puzzles, but the puzzles like the Shrines and Korok puzzles are riddled everywhere making the world not particularly empty at all.
>overrated
just an opinion, not really a criticism. personally i think the game is appropriately rated.
>nothing but shrines and korok seeds
there are 7 towns, 3 mazes, Tons of enemy camps, and a ton of stables in the game world. so definitely not nothing but shrines and korok seeds.
>half life 2 had physics too
yes and? half life 2 released 13 years before BotW, and very few games between the two have used physics like they do. Anybody claiming BotW invented physics is an idiot, but BotW used them well so who cares that it had been done a couple of times before. it's still a successful novelty because of how few games take advantage of systems like that.

>very few games between the two have used physics like they do
Because even when HL2 came out people thought that the physics puzzles were insulting

>because being a tech demo isn't inherently a bad thing
what the fuck lmao

DayssinsevlastcriedoverBotW.jpeg

eat shit snoy

Attached: 1493149861295.jpg (700x913, 110K)

The backlash is equally childish. Just look at how this thread has boiled down to "u mad" style retorts.

Is this faggot implying they spent 4 years drawing UFOs?

Attached: julius_dagoth_ur.png (635x457, 302K)

Soulless mean literally nothing at this point. Ocarina of Time and Twilight princess were way more by the book than this game.

>backlash
some people will always be childish, but I've had the most disgusting drones attack me with insults for simply criticising the game after I completed it
you also have this childish shit every time

Attached: 86568568568568.jpg (2680x2028, 500K)

I don't even own a playstation, I gave it away to my sis

>we are barely making any gameplay improvements and adding few side quests
>other companies are selling rereleases at 40-30 dollar price point
>eh fuck it we're nintendo, so its 60 dollars

Attached: m9Uk7LyY8skYhvKG8FWjCX-480-80.jpg (480x270, 39K)

>kokorok
lol
way to talk out of your ass.

Those other re-releases don't make a whole new art style and push the consoles graphics to the limit to facilitate it. Those are remakes just make HD assets and shove them in unreal engine.

>Ubisoft didn't invent map reveals, and the BotW towers are a lot less problematic than the Ubisoft ones. all the BotW towers do is give you warp points and fill in your terrain map, they don't cover your map with objectives like ubisoft towers do. Really the BotW towers are no different from wind wakers talking fish
this reminds me of the scene from Grandma's Boy:
>it's good and good for you
>well if we pay more can we maybe get some fat & grease
I wish it did give some objectives to do, but that wouldn't be immersive. The towers themselves are unimmersive, worse than the respawn points in shadow of mordor.
WW can get a pass because it was released 16 years ago, they just put in something less engaging than the fish from long before.
>Shrines and Korok puzzles are riddled everywhere making the world not particularly empty at all.
they might as well be AC towers dotting the landscape with objectives for what it's worth, seeds to increase inventory to carry more weak weapons, it's all fluff and padding, nothing remotely exciting
>there are 7 towns, 3 mazes, Tons of enemy camps, and a ton of stables in the game world. so definitely not nothing but shrines and korok seeds.
towns to wait out the rain, which sucks in its own way, tons of enemies to get useless materials and flimsy weapons

fuck off apologist
no faggot, I'm saying there were more novel things that got dropped for more mediocre design choices

>there are 7 towns, 3 mazes, Tons of enemy camps, and a ton of stables in the game world. so definitely not nothing but shrines and korok seeds.
And tell me how often you revisit the mazes or how long you stay in every stable and town besides Kakriko.
The only redeeming thing this game has is the combat (Peco, a Japanese youtuber demonstrates that well) but for every other unimaginative person it's extremely repetitive.

Lol that is why the remake has zero performance issue. Made with such care with chibi aesthetics.

Yeah Nintendo fans are sure upset about their 97-rated game.

lmao

Attached: BestGameEver.jpg (1011x1024, 143K)

most of these are impossible to argue against because they're purely emotional, typically female arguments

there's no way to argue against the soulless assertion for ex, and the nebulous tech demo shit isn't much better

everything else is demonstrably false and the result is it's impossible to talk about this game in any meaningful ways flaws and all because you autistic faggots have made it sure the discussion around it devolve to these meaningless buzzwords

It has performance issues because the console can barely handle the art style.

The real NPC is one who can't handle the fact that BotW is most acclaimed video game of all time and spent the past 3 years crying about.

XD

Attached: 97.png (1080x1522, 957K)

These shitposter crying threads always ignore the fact that BoTW has more way sidequests than any other Zelda game AND that the visual lore expands along with the amount of Zelda games you've played.

>Ubisoft, EA, Rockstar, etc. have been making open world games for a decade or even longer
>genre is stagnating
>Nintendo shows up
>having no background in AAA 3D open world development, they decide on a whim "Here, let me try that"
>right off the bat, Nintendo make the best open world game ever made on their very first attempt using a fucking toaster.

This will never not be hilarious.

Attached: 1538802026609.jpg (640x640, 126K)

No, Overwatch is

The shitposters haven't played the game so they don't understand what the shrine quests are and think all side quests are "find me a sword."

Then why bother going with that art style? Cant they have made a product that runs well?
All these other rereleases runs well at least and I would call their art directions effortless.
Come on its a fucking remake of a gameboy game.

is this your version of the dayscried.jpeg
which are your favorite?
the debate is those whom enjoyed it vs those who didn't, it's all emotion
?

It's selling well so how do you think it was a bad idea?

Nintendo hasn't made a game with soul since Gen 4 Pokemon.

>almost every post-Wii Mario game until Odyssey
>Link's Awakening remake
>God of War 4
>Spiderman 2018
>Battlefield V
Done.

Maybe Dark Souls also.

Eventide island is probably the best shrine quest.

Mario Odyssey. Pikmin 3. The new Luigis Mansion coming out in October.

With the scores consumers have been giving Botw I wouldn't be surprise if Botw2 is the best game ever made (according to critics).
To be honest it could be if they add a little more linearity to the game, more enemies variety, collectible items (non breakable such as hookshot, canes and flippers) and better/ larger dungeons.

In the following order:

BoTW
Links Awakening/DX (haven't played the remake).
OoT
Wind Waker
LTTP

I like a lot of Zelda games, but I don't love playing them like love the ones above.

This thread was literally made yesterday about Horizon Zero Dawn

Ofc not. Dumb people buy shitty things.

I said soul

Literally any sports game you Sony faggot.

Attached: 1569256811125.png (902x1015, 1.45M)

Define soul. Because I was assuming you meant attention to detail and creative design.

How can you shitpost about the game for so long and still don't know shit about it? lol

The NSMB series after DS.
>REMEMBER SUITS?
>REMEMBER THE KOOPALINGS?
>REMEMBER AIRSHIPS?
>REMEMBER SUPER MARIO BROTHERS 3? AND VERY RARELY SOMETIMES SUPER MARIO WORLD?

Attached: remember.jpg (1080x1080, 123K)

BotW is the most overrated game of all time. Nintendies are disgustingly servile.

Well...
>Voice acting, something Zelda really didn't need. Hyrule Warriors got it right of all things
>A more streamlined experience, dying has no real consequences, simply respawn back to that particular point where you may have died
>Open world, while not bad has a tendency of reusing locales and landmarks, similar to Minecraft but without the potential odd generation
>Weapons/items have a general template, little variety unless otherwise stated
>Enemies are the same in spite of their advanced AI, very little variety
>Open world games go for quantity over quality to fill the otherwise empty areas/space
More is less and less is more. While I do like BotW, I wasn't in a rush to go back to it. It serves as a nice foundation for future games to build on, but as a game, it's more or less a tech demo.

It does not reuse locales or landmarks. That's what makes the game special, every area is visually distinct.

Shrines and stables. Even the more unique areas at the end of the day harbor a shrine, no matter how unique they look on the outside.

>>A more streamlined experience, dying has no real consequences, simply respawn back to that particular point where you may have died
Don't you respawn without the items you used before dying? And enemies that you killed respawn? I'm not sure but I think that's the case.

>every area is visually distinct
grassland grassland forest grassland white grassland red grassland blue grassland forest castle

>they are different
>but I don't like it so it doesn't matter
huh

Yes thanks to the autosave function.

Not the same user, but if you die you go back to when you last saved im pretty sure

Then it has consequences.

Wow if there's grass it must mean it looks the same. Fucking retard.

Play stupid if you want but Akkala Tower does not serve any purpose outside of a fucking shrine. I can't get excited for a new landmark if I know what the end result it. It's just there for decoration. In another Zelda title, that would definitely be a dungeon with a unique layout and a worthwhile payoff.

No, if you die you can start right back where you left off with all your supplies intact, the opposite of consequences.

>losing progress is not a consequence
>I don't like thing therefore bad
lol

>lieu

Holy fucking soiboi

Outside of losing time, you don't lose a thing in-game. You can even go back to previous savepoints. It's as anti-frustration as it gets. It's okay to critique a game, and I have my issues with BotW, but I acknowledge that it does good things too.

>losing time is not a consequence
Do yourself a favor and lookup the definition of the word "consequence". You keep trying to make a point and failing horribly at it due to your ignorance.

And you are very rattled because someone is critiquing your game. I repeat: You cannot lose your progress, nor your items, etc. You have a lot of wiggle room for errors. This is not an opinion, this is from me playing the game. It's designed that way.

>rolling back to a previous save state
>you cannot lose your progress
Stop contradicting yourself, also.
>u mad
lol what?

I mean its not a 10/10 but everything has been made so with some improvements the game could easily get to be a true 10/10 for people that enjoy the genre.

I think if Nintendo gave more regards to the 3d root of Zelda in the next game rather than the first zelda a more coherent and enjoyable world could easily be made.

what's there to apologize? you lost you autistic faggot

Attached: 363463676.jpg (700x913, 109K)

its literally the opposite though

>rolling back to a previous save state
>you cannot lose your progress
Exactly, you can't lose unless you choose to not use it but you have to actually take that measure. I accept your concession due to your short responses.

Attached: 151126591576799.jpg (988x1059, 163K)

>funded through cash grab remakes
>producer couldn't be bothered to overlook the game because of this
>few if any unique assets, enemies, events, etc. in the game
>OST can't even be called music half the time
>cel shading inserted despite the game looking better without it
>retarded BACK TO BASICS argument when all they really did is copy other games out at the time instead of making a Zelda game or something unique
You're right, I can't.

>OP has good tastes and is unable to play this game

Attached: goodtaste.jpg (500x430, 23K)

what is this autism? falseflagging to give nintendo a bad reputation?

>using logic
>"hurr why are you not writing pointless shit like me durr I win"
LMAO

It pales to comparison to the first RDR, so many systems that are lazily done and don't contribute to the gameplay and the way it treat its players like a retarded child makes RDR much better than RDR2

Attached: 3455089-reddeadredemption2-review-thumb-nologo.jpg (1280x720, 175K)

Imagine still being utterly ass-blasted about BotW 3 years later.

Holy shit lmao

Attached: 1563434301071.jpg (423x222, 26K)

Attached: 4366346347778.jpg (1462x2046, 213K)

God of War 2018

Attached: 74574568956.jpg (700x913, 109K)

THREE YEARS OF TEARS.

Incredible.

Attached: 1532372672369m.jpg (1024x512, 94K)

this is all the same person

It's literally true though.

Attached: 1553090253405.jpg (650x559, 57K)

>its another minor test of strength shrine

Attached: 1568979194058.png (720x720, 454K)

epic selfie

>Nintendie thinks they aren't the platform of choice in Muttshartland
OH NO NO NO NO

>>empty barren world
Either you didn't play the game or you're not observant enough. I spent an hour trying to get to a shrine I saw at a distance, 2 minutes away from paragliding from my vantage point, but kept getting sidetracked by things that caught my eye on the way there.