Justify this

justify this

Attached: fuck gamers.png (748x341, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1EJLMfYcxY4
youtube.com/watch?v=HSbXvn-qglA
youtube.com/watch?v=iLsUbOfrz0w&t=7m28s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You hate your playerbase and exist to see them suffer.

*justifies it*

Attached: fuck you.png (1560x1212, 173K)

to keep shitters who can't handle zoning in pound town

why can't you just walk through the spikes? it's not like the spaces inbetween the spikes are sharp

If you touch the side of a spike you die

but touching the side of a nail doesn't hurt me so why would that kill me

it just works

You can, but people are dumb and try to jump instead. Spelunker ring a bell?

why doesn't the player just duck his head down

Spelunky does that, but the majority of games featuring spikes are "you touch them, you die".

Spikes are sharp the whole way down

that means they'd be paper thin and not cone shaped, just slip through them

Because convection is a thing and fire is hot you retard

>hurtbox

Attached: 1567789652101.png (1387x2080, 3.62M)

there are many razor thin spikes stacked horizontally over each other so that you'll see them as a single spike from the side but you'll get sliced on contact if you touch them

What do you call it?

It's a pretty common distinction especially in fighting games

>you just further if you double jump sooner instead of later
>you can't jump from the further end of a platform

redflags that a game is made by a complete moron who doesn't understand platforming

>you just further

The sides of the spikes also have tiny spikes

meant you "get further"
Don't know what happened there

I just sweep them up with a broom.

you can jump

They're embedded in the ground

Dark Soul's fire hitbox is the most inconsistent bullshit.
Sometimes it'll kill you in one hit, sometimes it'll stunlock with tiny bits of damage, and other times while it's still visible. You can just run right through it.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 171K)

It's consistent if you know how it works, but yes it has very poor visual feedback.

>It's consistent if you know how it works
That doesnt make any sense. You have to know how each fire attack works, therefore it's consistent with those fire attacks?
It's fire. Its effects should be consistent.

Attached: 1562654882762.png (325x325, 163K)

FeeFees box

Sometimes it's a blast of fire
others it's hot air
others is magic dark fire
others is just the ground on fire
others it's fire followed by hot air

you have to know the difference

the spikes are too closer together to walk through and there are smaller spikes in the gaps

>justify this
it's not your fault the first time
it is your fault every single time after

I don't play fighting so I didn't know that. I've always heard hitbox in pretty much every other game.

It's because fighting games are played by niggers. So they have this uppity attitude that what they say is the correct nomenclature. Some sort of extended ebonics.

If a fire is being blown, there is a hitbox that does a large amount of damage where it's hitting (which tends to oneshot), and additional ones that come out for the "splash" that move along the ground (which cause the multiple hits that do tiny bits of damage). Those fires on the ground stop being damaging when they stop moving, but visually haven't dissipated yet.
At least this is how I've observed how it works, and the only way I ever get hit by Midir's fire is when I'm unlucky/dumb enough to be in a bad spot when he starts. As long as I know which attack he's going for I know what to do to avoid it.
t. fought and co-opped against Midir perhaps over one thousand times, if not more, and beat him with fists

Hurtbox is whatever is vulnerable to being hit, i.e a Goomba has a hurtbox on it's head but hitboxes on the sides

Heart points

Dark Souls is extremely consistent with everything, it has no randomness except enemy behavior, that's why people can SL1, no healing, no rolling, no running all bosses at NG+7.

You just suck.

wat

Makes sense.

Attached: 1568514609549.jpg (1000x1333, 360K)

>he cant shrink his hurtbox while closing the distance
Lol

Attached: 1544863626067.png (1074x1200, 1.25M)

Correction, the combat has no randomness (no critical hits, no random variation on damage, etc).

Outside of combat there is randomness in form of item drops, but that's it.

I don't remember which game did this, but I do remember a game where ducking didn't actually do anything

Attached: old games.jpg (748x341, 45K)

Idiot.
Red = Hitbox, will damage enemy if it touches their hurtbox
Green = Hurtbox, will take damage if touched by enemy hitbox

Pretty much every game works this way

Attached: streetfighter-hitbox.jpg (450x424, 38K)

I never understood how spikes can even hurt oyu

especially if you have some protective gear or shoes.

Do the spikes have some kind of ancient sharp material that can cut through fucking bedrock or what?

youtube.com/watch?v=1EJLMfYcxY4
>fireball obviously hits character
>but said character is crouching so it magically whiffs

Maybe every fighting game. I've never heard anyone say this about any other game in any context, not casual nor professional. The whole thing is the hitbox.

Your player character is one giant hurtbox in any game, more or less. Antthing that can be damaged has a hurtbox. Most things that do damage (A sword, magic, whatever) have a hitbox. If a hitbox touches a hurtbox, damage is taken.

One is damaging hitbox, other is vulnerable hitbox
No need for "hurtbox" meme
This.

Maybe wait till you are 18 before posting you fucking moron. I never played a fighting game and I know these terms because they have been used since forever.

No, your player is a hitbox.

It is clearly new age lingo. No one used hitbox in the 80s, 90s, or 2000s. So it is clearly you're the one that is underage by your new age buzzword.

>if you neutral duck it passes overhead harmlessly
>if you duck with block it collides and causes chip damage

Attached: heh.png (418x150, 3K)

hurtbox*

That's literally wrong and you're listening to retards. People do it as a shorthand and because they don't know better, not because it isn't correct. Being the popular way to say something doesn't make it right. People use "ATM machine" constantly too, is that suddenly correct?

ouchiecube

The fuck? Its a hitbox, since it checked if something hits it. Trying to rename it to hurtbox just to sound fancy is retarded. Since its way more than just checking if you get hurt. All collisions use the hitbox most of the time at least. Even collisions with the ground, pickups etc.

They are spheres in Smash

those are painballs

Factually wrong, people were playing SF2, SF3, and MvC 2 like crazy during that era.

I just find it hilarious since this is the first time I've ever heard it. Some tween who's first console was a gen 6 system is trying to tell me I'm wrong.
>not (You), but the other faggots making the "it is standard lingo" claims

Attached: 1568716975190.png (800x450, 648K)

Perhaps all fighting games. I never said fighting gamers don't use it. But it is "FACTUALLY" not used in any other community or development of any other game genre.

Attached: 1534499226609.jpg (750x870, 133K)

Go play against Midir, his sweeping fire attack has a hitbox that evaporates almost immediately. While fire is still on the ground. You can even rush in and hit his head.
Then you remember, on the run to the shared graves bonfire. His fire attack lays fire on the ground that at least does 1 tick of fire damage.

So while fire is still on the ground in the boss battle, it doesnt have the same effect like it did on the initial interaction.
Therefore fire in dark souls 3 is inconsistent.

youtube.com/watch?v=HSbXvn-qglA

You just suck.

Never had that problem. Git gud, crybaby.

Attached: 1488145131962.jpg (394x370, 184K)

Mortal Kombat obv.

youtube.com/watch?v=iLsUbOfrz0w&t=7m28s

>"You can walk back and avoid it, even if it looks like it hit you"
Inconsistent.

Attached: 19a55f4888[1].jpg (1407x751, 196K)

>it's a new age lingo
It isn't. It's extremely old. You're moving the goalposts. Just because you're unaware of the history doesn't make something "zoomer" shit. Fighting games are more popular now than ever so of course you'll be seeing it.

That's not what inconsistency means. From the video your yourself posted, it looks pretty consistent to me.

I'm not moving anything. You claimed it was used throughout the industry in EVERY game. I was pointing out it isn't not and obviously a niche thing for your sub genre of games. And anyone using it outside of the niche group is using it as a new age buzz word, since it has no practical or historical use in any other genre in the industry.

Attached: 1505072632141.gif (234x159, 315K)

Yes it does, fire should be consistent in a videogame where it's used so many times like dark souls.
Sometimes it gives you damage as you walk through it. Sometimes it blasts you in a OHKO. Sometimes it doesnt do any damage at all even though it obviously engulfed you.

Yes, games should be handmade just for your retarded snowflake standards. No one expects all fire attacks that visually look different to do the exact same thing except you.

Not him but he's comparing Midir's fire breath (world encounter) to Midir's fire breath (Boss encounter), they are the same attack with different properties.

And it's not unreasonable to want similar things to behave similarly, no matter how many insults you throw at him.

Attached: 1555469045078.jpg (702x1078, 373K)

That just reminded me. In tombraider spikes damage you if you run through them, kill you if you fall on them but you can use the walk button and walk through them for no damage.

BECAUSE IT'S A VIDEO GAME NOT REAL LIFE YOU FUCKING AUTIST