Why do people like this tyrant?

Why do people like this tyrant?

Attached: Edelgard.jpg (960x922, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WyAEBux88hw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

boobs

if you gave Yea Forums the chance to fuck anime hitler, what do you think would happen

Attached: 1554991704118.jpg (700x867, 123K)

Fuck off with your censored game.

Attached: 1568729896082.jpg (832x658, 69K)

autistic waifufags and autistic SLAAAAAAY QUEEEENfags

I'd die for this man.

Attached: dedue_portrait_5_years.png (256x256, 44K)

>Gap moe
>Morally grey
>Great character design
>Obsessed with the self insert character

Attached: 1568960690307.png (611x854, 179K)

So an Edgy Waifu/Husbandofag

> This is the logic of Edelgard fans

Attached: 21019844-4477-4B97-97C8-B7A687CA0B1C.png (1114x588, 875K)

If she and Dimitri switched roles in the story, not a single fucking person would defend Dimitri, not even the otomes and fujos.

Damn, when Edelgard puts it like that...

>pre time skip Dedue murders everything and takes no damage
>post time skip Dedue murders everything and takes no damage
Is there anything he CANT do?

>Tan Warrior Woman > Pale Twig Brat

She's cute and canonically attracted to (You), that's all. The incoming 300 posts arguing about whether she did everything right or everything wrong won't change this simple truth

So is my dog, but you dont see it becoming Bratty Hitler.

Well she is right about the church I guess but she was an asshole about it all.

>game is literally called THREE KINGDOMS
>no characters are sworn brothers
>no characters engage in witty banter
my disapointment is immeasurable and my dynasty is ruined

Attached: oath_of_the_peach_garden_by_zippo514_d9qc2kx-fullview.jpg (1024x512, 85K)

How can Edelgard compete with this gift from the Goddess

Attached: 0fff4ff6bd11e15d0714a0525a4c3703.jpg (1080x1350, 105K)

>Is there anything he CAN'T do?
Be stopped by any physical unit.
W E A K

Awakening and Birthright are the best FE games.

Live

Attached: 200px-Portrait_hubert_02_fe16.png (200x206, 48K)

Its actually called Three Houses and 2 of the characters are semi-related

>ITT

Attached: Dimitrifags.jpg (876x934, 149K)

i really appreciate the story paths
do you want to tip your fedora and burn the church to the ground? theres a path for that
do you want to go full DEUS VULT? theres a path for that
do you want to brutally murder imperial savages for revenge? theres a path for that
do you want to do whatever the fuck claude does all day? theres a path for that

You say that as if Fodlan doesn't already have a tyrant.

Attached: rhea.jpg (679x680, 103K)

Ok who else thought Dedue was the last Black man. I really thought people from discard were all black, but then you see his Paralouge and get confused seven ways to sunday.

>DEUS VULT path
Tell me where. I wanna crusade!
youtu.be/WyAEBux88hw

Imagine being less popular than the bland self insert.

She’s a bitch in a hard position, but still does what she thinks is best even when operating on bad info and has attendants like Hubert withholding vital information from her.

She knows just how short her double CrestAIDs lifespan will be, and is willing to go full retard to wage simultaneous wars on a Draconic Church holding humanity back as well as a shadow war against MoleKikes

Attached: BC6DA846-9BCF-488D-9D4E-5D539A53DC9E.jpg (640x640, 64K)

It's weird that he's dark skinned at all given that Duscur is supposed to be a frigid, rocky tundra. Magical melanin I guess, gotta show he's foreign somehow

Their models still have dark skin, it's just their portraits are genetic white men for some reasons. And you can see some black people in this cool CG at the end of BL route.

I've always thought of Dedue as Indian rather than black.

Because she is uncompromising about changing the world and actually does something about it out of her own initiative. Claude is cool too and actually has some kind of vision for the future, but I wish his route focused more on him actually following his ambition, rather than just being a slight tweaking of the BL route with the two Agarthan chapters at the end. Dimitri just acts edgy for half of his route, while getting carried by his team. He is the only lord, who is actually more interesting and imposing on routes other than his own, since he actually gets portrayed as a leader there and other Lions follow him on his rampage.

Attached: 1562791385301.jpg (620x636, 142K)

female thing have vagina lol

But she has such great hips. How could anyone with hips like those be evil!?

Just play Blue Lions for the Shu-Han experience. You're basically the Zhuge Liang of the group except better. Sleeping Dragon remind you of anything?
And Dimitri takes his hobo-on-the-run phase very, very seriously compared to Liu Bei.

>his followers find him by tracking brutal slayings of imperial officers
fuckin based

I loved the detail that the last spear he used had alot if durability used after time skip.

I will never play BEagles because I can't bring myself to fight and kill this gorgeous dame knight.

Attached: 1567736170030.jpg (1280x720, 147K)

>while getting carried by his team
I'm sure he was the one doing the carrying.

she beheaded her last lover, i'd stay away from that traitor if i were you

One willingly gives up power, the other insists on being a tyrant. Who's worse?

>You have to kill Catherine
Oh fuck, BE is becoming the Genicicde route isn't it.

>Morally grey

Attached: 1539444500773.png (270x273, 107K)

People don't. Its just a bunch of redditors wanting to live out their church genocide fantasies.

>>Gap moe
This is what kills her character.

>see memes like pic related before release
>figure it's just normies goofing around
>get to Gronder Field Ch. 7
>Edelgard says it almost verbatim to Dimitri
They knew

Attached: 3h.jpg (1080x1202, 114K)

Her clothes remind me of that creepy bald guy in Jennifer Lopez's psychological horror movie. What's the name?

idk who this is but she looks based

Oh yeah she was a Salty bitch.

What an entitled brat
In her eyes any other region of land that considers itself autonomous from the empire are simply mistaken and need to be re educated in the camps or just killed

Attached: Yi1G7UT.gif (500x209, 1.94M)

>Morally grey
Claiming to have good intentions but then following through on exactly 0 of them and just killing people to make your rapists happy does not make you morally grey.

Attached: VthsTvNJ3MysPm4DKOwHwkqlxRrAVuYy3uADCYRAgWA.png (611x712, 358K)

Nah. In Azure Moon, after you get reunited with the Lions, Dimitri just stares at rubble in the cathedral, while everyone else organises the campaign against the Empire. I really wish he had a more leading role in his route, while still being a mad cunt. In that support conversation between Felix and Dedue, they talk about how Dedue would follow Dimitri, even if he wanted him to massacre civilians and shit. That kind of thing would've been much more interesting to see than Dimitri brooding and everyone else trying to talk him out of it.

Attached: edelgard.jpg (1024x869, 160K)

The church is just an excuse to exercise her personal resentments upon innocents. Like a bully or abusive maniac who had a terrible home life and thats why they've become warped even if in their mind they think they're a righteous survivor

>if you gave Yea Forums the chance to fuck anime hitler, what do you think would happen

Sounds pretty gay.

Oh I thought you meant combat gameplay wise.

Why does she wear the devil horns anyway

>Birthright

I honestly thought she was going to become a Vampire before playing the game.

My Dedue ended up complete shit though and couldn't hurt anything since he joins 500 chapters after timeskip

>morally grey
I think you mean morally stupid

Whats the point in building up units when the lords can solo their whole routes

She was LARPing as a villain for a year straight and couldn't let go of the aesthetic. Hubert's out there like fucking Nosferatu

Madenning nemesis has almost the same stats as hard mode, what a letdown

>Rhea secretly rules the church for over a millenium, before being forcibly removed from power and imprisoned; she only passes the title onto Byleth once she's rescued in a severely weakened state
>Edelgard retires peacefully once she completes her reforms

All of Fodlan is rightful Adrestian clay.

>secretly
>Seiros secretly rules the church of Seiros
Are you retarded or something?
>Edelgard retires peacefully once she completes her reforms
Or not, depends on the ending. Nevermind she handpicks every single part of the government and her successor.

You had dimitri solo?
I mean he's good but mages generally eat him if built on his unique class' growths

>Rhea
>achieved a lasting peace only fucked up by the people who she originally saved the continent from returning
>was about to willingly give up the power she had earned by saving the continent to her successor due to acknowledging her own failings and that she was no longer fit to rule
>Edelgard
>broke a lasting peace by working with a bunch of villains who are literally only out to cause people pain and suffering to test out their toys, and to fuck everything up as much as possible
>is so unwilling to give up any shred of power gained through slaughtering millions that she would willfully murder her best friends and relatives and work with the people who made her life a living hell and caused all the problems she uses as an excuse to grab power, just to consolidate as much power as she can on herself (and her fuccboi beta orbiter slave)

He can solo anything, he is the only character to have both battalion wrath and battalion vantage, so just give him a battalion with distant counter, wait until it's endurance low and suddenly he will kill everything before they can strike him.

What kind of panties do you think she wears?

What did Edelgard's picture look like?

I agree she's an evil butch, but Rhea is just as bad

Committing genocide against an entire race of people because they won't worship her mother, keeping Fodlan divided so she can manipulate and control it from the shadows, doing human experimentation on literal babies, wiping out the Western Church because they don't want to be ruled by a literal monster etc.

Golden Route will have you leading BL and GD to bitchslap some sense into Edeltard then putting down THSITD and Rhea like the scheming ratss they are

My dimitri has like 45 speed so mages can never hit him anyway

Attached: edelwife.png (1600x1200, 1.14M)

>Seiros secretly rules the church of Seiros
Yes. Did you not play the game? Nobody knows that Rhea is actually Seiros. It's a big fucking revelation at the end of the GD route, as far as the characters are concerned. You even go to the supposed tomb of Seiros very early in the game, in chapter 4. Publically, Rhea is just one of many Archbishops who have run the church over the years.

It's "secret", because the higher ups all know who does it and the player does too.
I mean, no one is surprised.

She lets me kill that loser dimitri

>edelgard prefers to die rather than having sex with the incel

Is she I dare say, based??

An autistic crayon picture that you put on the fridge.

Ass too big

He was in a really steady and sex filled relationship with Edelgard's crush by that point.

>lasting peace
Lmao. The continent goes through two huge splits, not to mention constant noble wars and rebellions. The Southern Church rebellion, which caused them to sour relations with the Empire in the first place is of particular note.
>is so unwilling to give up any shred of power gained through slaughtering millions that she would willfully murder her best friends and relatives and work with the people who made her life a living hell and caused all the problems she uses as an excuse to grab power, just to consolidate as much power as she can on herself
Yeah, she's clearly only after power. That's probably why "With tireless work and great sacrifice, she reformed the class system to ensure a free and independent society for all. In her later years, she entrusted her life's work to a worthy successor before finally vanishing from the public eye. "

The best part of going BL or Church is knowing how badly you're hurting Edelgard.

>keeping Fodlan divided so she can manipulate and control it from the shadows
She didn't do this, stop speedreading.
>doing human experimentation on literal babies
So if someone is 100% guaranteed to die and you can do something experimental to maybe save them, you shouldn't try to save them and should let them die? Got it, when someone is about to execute you I will make sure I don't shoot them first because the bullet might ricochet and hit you.
>wiping out the Western Church because they don't want to be ruled by a literal monster etc.
>We don't want to be ruled by this person who is ruling us because she's actually a dragon even though literally nothing has changed from when we willingly followed her and now, so we're going to murder her in cold blood and throw the entire continent into chaos, and we will kill anyone who even attempts to stop us including our own kin
"no"
>WOW WHAT THE FUCK????? HOW DARE YOU NOT LET US MURDER YOU, YOUR FRIENDS, YOUR LOVED ONES, AND YOUR STUDENTS BECAUSE WE'RE BUTTHURT ABOUT WHAT A BUNCH OF FRANKENSTEIN LOOKING MOTHERFUCKERS TOLD US BEFORE CACKLING LIKE MADMEN, WHAT A TYRANT

A well educated young lady like Edelgard is surely artistic

Rhea always hated humanity, she was waiting for sothis revival and was ready to nuke fodlan after that, good thing edelgard interrups her and saves the day

>>Gap moe
a what?

>The continent goes through two huge splits
Both of which would have been far worse had she not intervened for a peaceful resolution. The Empire literally would have ceased to exist without Rhea saving it
>Yeah, she's clearly only after power
Glad we agree since everything she does is solely to gain more power and goes directly against her stated goals.
>"With tireless work and great sacrifice, she reformed the class system to ensure a free and independent society for all. In her later years, she entrusted her life's work to a worthy successor before finally vanishing from the public eye. "
So after she gets tired of being grand king overlord of everything ever, she passes on her power to someone she likes. Wow, what an amazing and selfless sacrifice that she (read: her friends, loved ones, and subjects) made

>Committing genocide against an entire race of people because they won't worship her mother
Doesn't happen
>keeping Fodlan divided so she can manipulate and control it from the shadows
Considering how retarded the Emperors were its not hard to believe that people won't want to live in the empire
>doing human experimentation on literal babies
Puts a magical pacemaker in a stillborn baby at the request of its mother
> wiping out the Western Church because they don't want to be ruled by a literal monster
wiping out the western Church because they keep trying to kill people and cause wars
Play the game please its actually kind of good.

Attached: 1568167937923.jpg (636x636, 81K)

>she was waiting for sothis revival and was ready to nuke fodlan after that
She was done with Fodlan, she wanted mommy to come back to fuck off and never return.

>She didn't do this
The church supported both the Kingdom's split from the Empire and the Alliance's split from the Kingdom. If that's not "keeping Fodlan divided", then what is?
>So if someone is 100% guaranteed to die and you can do something experimental to maybe save them, you shouldn't try to save them and should let them die?
user, the purpose of the experiments is to create a vessel for Sothis. Rhea's full intention is to have the succesful specimen become mindwiped. She gets distraught, when she sees this isn't happening to Byleth in the holy tomb.
>all the rest of that drivel
Excuse people for not wanting to be ruled by literal reptilian aliens.

>kills seething retards like Dimitri and opportunistic clowns like Claude
>removes eternally seething mole people
>removes ancient lizards who keep humanity down
>unites Fodlan under one Banner
>removes crests
>brings meritocracy
>fuck yeah humanity!
best girl

Attached: C4IIEnc.jpg (787x830, 104K)

>The church supported both the Kingdom's split from the Empire and the Alliance's split from the Kingdom
Wrong. Not opposing something is not the same as supporting it. Were it not for Rhea's intervention to stop the kingdom's war with the Empire then the Empire would have been wiped out by Loog. Play the game.
>If that's not "keeping Fodlan divided", then what is?
Well for starters, building an empire that consists of 2/3 conquered peoples whose families and friends you slaughtered, and 1/3 peoples who follow you solely because of a manifesto you released which, in your own words, was all complete bullshit, just so that you can replace the current system of random genetic nepotism with plain nepotism (and enforcing said nepotism by using nepotism to select your next successor). Play the game.
>user, the purpose of the experiments is to create a vessel for Sothis
Doesn't matter if the purpose was to create a new flavor of soda pop. Baby was dead, Rhea literally saved the baby from LITERALLY BEING FUCKING DEAD, AT THE REQUEST OF THE BABY'S MOTHER. Play the game.
> She gets distraught, when she sees this isn't happening to Byleth in the holy tomb.
Wrong. She gets confused that nothing happens in the Holy Tomb. When you later ascend to Super Saiyan form and are still yourself she's clearly happy at the turn of events and willing to turn the church over to you.
>Excuse people for not wanting to be ruled by literal reptilian aliens.
Ah yes, much better they be ruled by literal mole people.
>b-but edgelard kills them all in the half-assed epilogue they tacked on because without that people would whine about picking the evil route and getting a bad ending!!!!1!!!
Edelgard is part of TWSITD. She can posture about hating them and wanting to wipe them out all she wants but she literally follows their MO and goals 100%. The only reason she even "hates" them is because of their past experiments and she would no doubt have kept them around if that hadn't happened.

>supported both the Kingdom's split from the Empire and the Alliance's split from the Kingdom.
Are you saying she's evil for mediating in people who want out of their current country? Seriously?
Not to mention Loog was raping the empire in the ass.

>retarded nigger with a bow
>does all of that without slaughtering people
>idiot brute with a pointed stick
>does all of that without slaughtering people other than conquering invaders
wow

How can a chuuni be so cute?

Attached: cf5.jpg (680x1046, 111K)

Made for the professor.

Attached: 76945669_p0.jpg (1600x1500, 735K)

The weak should fear the strong.

Attached: 76939379_p0.jpg (1180x1900, 1008K)

>Both of which would have been far worse had she not intervened for a peaceful resolution. The Empire literally would have ceased to exist without Rhea saving it
This is just a load of assumptions, given that we don't see hese events unfold. The fact that Rhea supported the split is a fact. Even if the Empire had fallen, Loog would've been in a position to keep the continent united under his banner. And what does that leave for her excuse for allowing the Leicester dukes to secede from Faerghus then?
>since everything she does is solely to gain more power and goes directly against her stated goals.
Her goals are to radically change the continent. She obviously needs power to achieve this. You'd have to be retarded to somehow interpret this as being "against her stated goals".
>So after she gets tired of being grand king overlord of everything ever, she passes on her power to someone she likes.
Kind of like how Rhea passes power onto Byleth. Edelgard completes the work she set out to do and retires.
>Doesn't happen
Agarthans are literally forced to live underground for a thousand years after getting fucked up by Sothis and Seiros.
>Puts a magical pacemaker in a stillborn baby at the request of its mother
While hoping it leads to the baby eventually getting possessed by her dead mother. She did this to a bunch of others as well.
>wiping out the western Church because they keep trying to kill people and cause wars
The western church ultimately wants religious and political autonomy. How come Fodlan being separated into three nations is no problem, but doing the same with the church's structure is? Rhea ends up deeming them heretics (of a fake religion she made up) and uses that as a rallying cry against them.

>without slaughtering people
You are actually retarded

Then I guess Edelgard should fear the other two because she's by far the shittiest of the three lords.

Not the guy you were replying to, but:
>Well for starters, building an empire that consists of 2/3 conquered peoples whose families and friends you slaughtered
1. This is pure whataboutism, he was talking about Rhea, you bring up Edelgard for no reason.
2. So, literally, LITERALLY uniting fodlan under one banner is "keeping fodlan divided"? You deserve gold for mental gymnastics.

>Doesn't matter if the purpose was to create a new flavor of soda pop. Baby was dead, Rhea literally saved the baby from LITERALLY BEING FUCKING DEAD, AT THE REQUEST OF THE BABY'S MOTHER.
You mean the mother that she wanted to sacrifice to be a vessel for Sothis and the baby that she wanted to sacrifice to be a vessel for Sothis.

>Ah yes, much better they be ruled by literal mole people.
You mean the mole poeple that get killed off in every campaign?
>b-but edgelard kills them all in the half-assed epilogue
Yes. Whether or not it was half-assed is irrelevant for this argument.

Attached: sip.png (1024x576, 899K)

>claude specifically gets all citizens to be in botes away from the fighting
>dimitri makes it VERY clear no pillaging or harming of noncombatants when beseiging enbarr
>edeltard has citizens still roaming the streets in panic to delay dimitri

The correct choice is always B.

Attached: 1551167694904.jpg (2480x3264, 1.19M)

>he fact that Rhea supported the split is a fact
Not really, it's not, considering she literally objectively is stated to have not supported the split in the game. you should play it. She mediates the conflict after it becomes apparent that Loog was going to wipe out the Empire completely.
>And what does that leave for her excuse for allowing the Leicester dukes to secede from Faerghus then?
Why should she interfere in politics? You are LITERALLY STATING THAT SHE'S TRYING TO CONTROL EVERYTHING IN THE SAME FUCKING POST THAT YOU SAY SHE SHOULD BE MORE CONTROLLING OF EVERYTHING. Go fucking read your fucking posts you fucking deluded waifufaggot.
>Her goals are to radically change the continent.
No, her goals are to gain more power. Ostensibly it's so that she can replace Crest nepotism with regular nepotism, but her actions show that she simply lusts for power.
>You'd have to be retarded to somehow interpret this as being "against her stated goals".
She's against her stated goals because she does nothing to support her stated goals except things which also consolidate her power until long after she's already ruled over the entire continent for an unspecified, but significant, amount of time.
>Kind of like how Rhea passes power onto Byleth
Right but Rhea didn't conquer the entire continent before doing so, and she didn't make a show of trying to get rid of nepotism before doing so
>Edelgard completes the work she set out to do and retires.
And the work she set out to do was make herself queen of everything. Oh yeah and I guess replace crests with something worse (since it's the literal same thing except doesn't protect your subjects from the barbarian hordes as well) and maybe kill the slithers maybe after helping them achieve all of their goals I guess.

>Agarthans
Oh okay so if you chimp out and try to nuke the planet it's not okay for someone to stop you? Got it

>...tyrant
You answered your own question there

>Wrong. Not opposing something is not the same as supporting it.
True, but striking a deal with Loog to recognise him as a legitimate king in exchange for him making the faith of Seiros the religion of his territory sure sounds like supporting Loog.
>Were it not for Rhea's intervention to stop the kingdom's war with the Empire then the Empire would have been wiped out by Loog.
And Fodlan would have remained united in this scenario.
>Well for starters, building an empire that consists of 2/3 conquered peoples whose families and friends you slaughtered, and 1/3 peoples who follow you solely because of a manifesto you released which, in your own words, was all complete bullshit, just so that you can replace the current system of random genetic nepotism with plain nepotism (and enforcing said nepotism by using nepotism to select your next successor).
First, you didn't adress my point that Rhea supported the splitting of the continent. Second, what kind of mental gymnastics are you going through to come to the conclusion that making Fodlan into a single state is "dividing it"? All this shit about nepotism is completely out of the left field, when it comes to talking about Fodlan being united, but is also directly in contrast to what is actuall in the ending of the game: "To ensure lasting peace, the two [Edelgard and Byleth] fought against those who slither in the dark, and to ensure a society where people can rise and fall by their own merits, they spent their lives reforming the antiquated class system."
>Doesn't matter if the purpose was to create a new flavor of soda pop. Baby was dead, Rhea literally saved the baby from LITERALLY BEING FUCKING DEAD, AT THE REQUEST OF THE BABY'S MOTHER.
You're omitting how clearly more nuanced her actions and motivations were. Not to mention, she did this to more people than just Byleth. Even Seteth calls her actions "questionable".
cont.

>1. This is pure whataboutism, he was talking about Rhea, you bring up Edelgard for no reason.
Read the post you stupid faggot waifufag retard. He asked for an example of "keeping Fodlan divided," I gave him one from the game. Whataboutism would be if I didn't even explain why Rhea wasn't "keeping Fodlan divided" in the first place, which I did in my post.
>2. So, literally, LITERALLY uniting fodlan under one banner is "keeping fodlan divided"? You deserve gold for mental gymnastics.
Yes, when that banner is a false one as I proved in my post.
>You mean the mother that she wanted to sacrifice to be a vessel for Sothis and the baby that she wanted to sacrifice to be a vessel for Sothis.
So Byleth's mother was sarificed? How did she conceive Byleth then?
>I didn't say she was I said she wanted to
She's, according to you, a tyrant who can do whatever she wants, so why wasn't Byleth's mother sacrificed if Rhea apparently wanted it so badly? Why didn't she "sacrifice" the LITERALLY DEAD BABY before the mother gave the okay, if she apparently wanted to so badly? Play the game.
>You mean the mole poeple that get killed off in every campaign?
Well except CF, where the head of the mole people (Edelgard) is still alive. She does kill out the rest of them though, so that they can't threaten her power.
>Yes. Whether or not it was half-assed is irrelevant for this argument.
In other routes they're wiped out before they can cause harm. in CF they're wiped out because they threaten Edelgard's power.
>n-no that's not why
It is. Edelgard can say it's not, but her actions in all routes show that she cares more for power and only uses her ideals as a means to justify her ploys for more of it.

>Morally grey
More like morally gay

>And Fodlan would have remained united in this scenario.
Yes, and she would have had a ton of power, because the kingdom were the ultra religious part of the country, from the get go.

Reminder that Edelgard has won all polls in Yea Forums and latest poll from Japan says she is the most popular female character while Lysithea dropped far from top spots.

>the most popular female character
After the female self insert.
At 6th,

Otomeshitters self insert does not count.

>stuff I don't like doens't count!
Then again, you're an Edeltard so that's your standard train of thought.

Cope harder.

>True, but striking a deal with Loog to recognise him as a legitimate king in exchange for him making the faith of Seiros the religion of his territory sure sounds like supporting Loog.
How so? The Empire at the time was heavily involved with the faith as well. How is she favoring Loog by asking the same thing of him that she asked of the Empire (that they acknowledge her religion and its authority in exchange for the church presiding over and mediating the peace talks)?
>And Fodlan would have remained united in this scenario.
No it wouldn't, because the people Loog trampled over would eventually retaliate with a rebellion. If she wanted Fodlan divided she wouldn't have mediated peace talks and would have manipulated them into eternal warfare.
>First, you didn't adress my point that Rhea supported the splitting of the continent.
I did though. She didn't support the splitting of the continent.
>Second, what kind of mental gymnastics are you going through to come to the conclusion that making Fodlan into a single state is "dividing it"?
The mental gymnastics required to be more than 15 years old and thus realize that just because someone plants a flag outside every house doesn't mean every person in those houses is satisfied with living under that flag. Are you seriously retarded enough to think that conquered peoples are content with being conquered?
>All this shit about nepotism is completely out of the left field
Again, they can't have the most marketed route have a bad ending. The fact is that these are the states of Fodlan after each ending
>every other route: Crests and their flaws remain but united Fodlan at least can rely on their power against foreign invaders
>CF: Crests are gone but regular old name brand Nepotism(tm) will remain regardless because it's an unavoidable part of human nature. Everything is the same except the united (by conquest, thus not actually united) Fodlan can no longer use their power against invaders

looks like dimitrifags got assblasted again. he would lose easily without the votes from thirsty japanese women

It was her turn!

So we get rid of waifufaggots too then?
Those are the only retards voting for Edelgard after all.

I just think there's something really cute about a really edgy girl who's head over heals for you

Attached: 1568622123250.png (536x418, 55K)

>You're omitting how clearly more nuanced her actions and motivations were. Not to mention, she did this to more people than just Byleth. Even Seteth calls her actions "questionable".
She is explicitly stated to have given up before Byleth was conceived which is why she didn't attempt to Sothisify Byleth's mother and why she didn't attempt it on Byleth even after BYLETH FUCKING DIED DURING CHILDBIRTH until their mother asked her to.

>Wrong. She gets confused that nothing happens in the Holy Tomb. When you later ascend to Super Saiyan form and are still yourself she's clearly happy at the turn of events and willing to turn the church over to you.
You seem to have the chronology confused. Byleth goes Super Sayian after the Sealed Forest mission. Rhea is excited about this, because she sees this as her plan to resurrect her mother finally working. That's why she takes you to the Holy Tomb in the first place and is then disappointed, when nothing happens once Byleth sits on Sothis's throne.
>Ah yes, much better they be ruled by literal mole people
Mole people are destroyed in Edelgard's route, just as in every other route. She makes it pretty clear that defeating them was always her plan.
>Edelgard is part of TWSITD. She can posture about hating them and wanting to wipe them out all she wants but she literally follows their MO and goals 100%. The only reason she even "hates" them is because of their past experiments and she would no doubt have kept them around if that hadn't happened.
It's good that you at least know that the Slitherers do, in fact, get killed by Edelgard. Saying that she's a part of their group is just blatantly untrue and even you should be aware of that. Everything else you posted is just you coming up with how you think Edelgard could have acted differently and getting upset over this scenario you just made up. This has nothing to do with what's portrayed in the game.

If rhea did nothing wrong why she steps down from being archbishop after 1000 years of "peace"

hmm really makes you think

That's called a Yandere user. A dine a dozen character

Because she did shady shit and, above all, is tired of being forced to rule over and defend a country she loathes.

That was her plan the entire time?
She wanted Byleth/Sothis to take over so she could fuck off.

>Yes, when that banner is a false one as I proved in my post.
Whether or note you think it's fake is irrelevant.

>She's, according to you, a tyrant who can do whatever she wants, so why wasn't Byleth's mother sacrificed if Rhea apparently wanted it so badly? Why didn't she "sacrifice" the LITERALLY DEAD BABY before the mother gave the okay, if she apparently wanted to so badly? Play the game.
She presumably wasn't sacrificed for the same reason Byleth wasn't sacrificed the moment he arrived at the academy; she wasn't attuned enough with Sothis' crest stone. Then she got preggo and died.

>Well except CF, where the head of the mole people (Edelgard) is still alive. She does kill out the rest of them though, so that they can't threaten her power.
>In other routes they're wiped out before they can cause harm. in CF they're wiped out because they threaten Edelgard's power.
You wrote the same thing twice. And that thing had nothing to do with what was being argued. Are you okay?

I'm not responding anymore because you're clearly arguing in bad faith; you make a whole lot of assumptions about Rhea's good will but you always assume the worst the other way around. Consider it your win or whatever, congratulations.

>You seem to have the chronology confused. Byleth goes Super Sayian after the Sealed Forest mission. Rhea is excited about this, because she sees this as her plan to resurrect her mother finally working. That's why she takes you to the Holy Tomb in the first place and is then disappointed, when nothing happens once Byleth sits on Sothis's throne.
You're right about this one since I haven't actually paid attention to the pre-timeskip stuff for a while since my last two playthroughs were CF/church. Still she doesn't rescind her plan to instate Byleth as head of the church in any route besides the route where you side with her enemy and turn against the church.
>Mole people are destroyed in Edelgard's route
All of them except their leader (Edelgard).
>She makes it pretty clear that defeating them was always her plan.
Yes, defeating them was always her plan, after she makes them more powerful than they ever were before and achieves all of their goals, after which she beats them by uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh well the epilogue says they won magically so it's okay. Also she definitely didn't kill them because they were a threat to her power, she said otherwise so it must be true.
> Saying that she's a part of their group is just blatantly untrue and even you should be aware of that.
>does literally everything they want and follows all of their orders until she becomes their leader, then kills them off the moment they're a threat to her power
Hmm yep, clearly she's against them from the start. Especially the part where she buys into all their lies and does everything they say to do.
>This has nothing to do with what's portrayed in the game.
What's portrayed in the game is that Edelgard works directly with the slithers to help them achieve all their goals, and buys into their lies, because it will allow her to take over the throne more easily.

This post is full of cope

>Whether or note you think it's fake is irrelevant.
It's not about what I think, it's about the fact that totalitarian governments formed through conquest inevitably fall apart or at the very least, have an extremely discontent populace (and thus, one that is much easier for barbarian hordes to conquer. Good thing Fodlan doesn't have any of those waiting in the wings)
>She presumably wasn't sacrificed for the same reason Byleth wasn't sacrificed the moment he arrived at the academy; she wasn't attuned enough with Sothis' crest stone. Then she got preggo and died.
Or maybe it's the stated fact that she'd given up and didn't care anymore and only tried because the mother literally asked her to
>You wrote the same thing twice. And that thing had nothing to do with what was being argued. Are you okay?
You're the one who keeps writing the same falsehoods in every post, so I have to keep refuting your same points over and over until your tiny waifu-clogged brain understands them.
>you're clearly arguing in bad faith
I'm not though, I'm arguing objectively based on the actions characters take in every route, rather than arguing solely based on the CF route and hearsay like you are.

The REAL question is how can anyone dislike this cutie. She’s a straight up upgrade from Marianne and has the beauty of a goddess!

Attached: 2ECE1776-B701-49E6-A182-81B4ADED4AAF.jpg (683x732, 125K)

Just like edeltards coping about people hating their retarded villain.

Why do people compare her to hitler? Last i checked, hitler killed millions of innocents because he didnt like them and shit. Edelgard, let armies surrender while at war with them and kept civilian casualties as low as she could. Or are you gonna spout BUT ON OTHER ROUTE!!!!!

>BUT ON OTHER ROUTE!!!!!
BUT ON LITERALLY THE OTHER THREE ROUTES!!!!

>Claude is liked by everyone except Edeltards
>Dimitri is liked by everyone except Edeltards
>Rhea is given a fair shake in spite of her heinous actions in the past by everyone except Edeltards
>Edelgard is exclusively liked by waifufags and gay trannies; nobody who didn't romance her liked her character due to it being nonsensical and contradictory and her route being rushed, unfinished, and poorly written
hmmm.....

Inferior timeskip design.

>How so? The Empire at the time was heavily involved with the faith as well. How is she favoring Loog by asking the same thing of him that she asked of the Empire (that they acknowledge her religion and its authority in exchange for the church presiding over and mediating the peace talks)?
Because the Empire was the established power ruling over the parts of Fodlan that Loog later gained through his rebellion. By legitimising Loog's rule, the Church recognised him as a sovereign ruler, just like the Adrestian emperor, rather than just a rebel leader. This is clearly going against the Empire's interests.
>No it wouldn't, because the people Loog trampled over would eventually retaliate with a rebellion. If she wanted Fodlan divided she wouldn't have mediated peace talks and would have manipulated them into eternal warfare.
And if the Empire had crushed Loog, it would've been the same. And once there was peace betwee Loog and the Empire, future wars still sprang up. Conflict is inevitable, which is why the line earlier ITT about Rhea keeping a lasting peace is bullshit. Recognising Loog or not letting him conquer the whole Empire changes the political landscape of Fodlan though - from Fodlan being governed traditionally by a single power, in whose interest it is to quell regional deviations against which rebellions may spring, to being split between competing powers, which inevitably foster the divide between themselves merely by existing separately and having a history of conflict between each other.
>The mental gymnastics required to be more than 15 years old and thus realize that just because someone plants a flag outside every house doesn't mean every person in those houses is satisfied with living under that flag. Are you seriously retarded enough to think that conquered peoples are content with being conquered?
I never claimed everyone would be magically happy with being conquered or taken under a new flag. This is equally true for all routes.
cont.

>Or maybe it's the stated fact that she'd given up and didn't care anymore and only tried because the mother literally asked her to
???
If she's given up right there then why does she try to later sacrfice Byleth, you braindead mommyfaggot?

When does she try to sacrifice Byleth?

>straight upgrade from Marianne
Let's not say things you'll regret.
I like both. And Mercedes. And Manuela. And maybe some other girls.

The same could be said of every other leader except claude and maybe bl rhea

>I never claimed everyone would be magically happy with being conquered or taken under a new flag
You did though since you're literally saying people are okay with being conquered by Edelgard.
>This is equally true for all routes
How is it true for routes where nobody is conquered?

It's okay user she won't hurt you again

>play BL
>don't like El or Hubert
>go through CF
>now like Hubert but still don't like El

Attached: IT3rWCjD_400x400.jpg (399x399, 31K)

The church didn't legitimize Loog's rule until he was already in the process of curbstomping the Empire. Play routes other than CF
>Conflict is inevitable, which is why the line earlier ITT about Rhea keeping a lasting peace is bullshit
So people choosing to rebel means she didn't keep them from getting nuked by the mole people or raped by the spanish barbarians now?
>Recognising Loog or not letting him conquer the whole Empire changes the political landscape of Fodlan though - from Fodlan being governed traditionally by a single power, in whose interest it is to quell regional deviations against which rebellions may spring, to being split between competing powers, which inevitably foster the divide between themselves merely by existing separately and having a history of conflict between each other.
So because she didn't interfere in the affiars of Fodlan enough, she's trying to interfere in the affairs of Fodlan? Again, you need to read your posts. You are saying Rhea is being too controlling by not literally controlling everything on a micro level. Stop using this argument since you're contradicting yourself in the same fucking sentences now, let alone posts.

Of course not, since she's the least popular lord and is less liked than the self-insert even with waifufags like you voting for the objectively worst written character.

That's normal, she's unlikeable at her core.
Hubert is kinda based, when he's on your side, since he's consistent.

I liked her messy hair

user it's not real she isn't here

This is equally true for all routes. Claude's ending even mentions the remants of the Empire and the Slitherers rising up. Rebellions obviously have to be quelled, no matter which side wins the war, but the continent is no longer divided between competing powers.
>every other route: Crests and their flaws remain but united Fodlan at least can rely on their power against foreign invaders
>CF: Crests are gone but regular old name brand Nepotism(tm) will remain regardless because it's an unavoidable part of human nature. Everything is the same except the united (by conquest, thus not actually united) Fodlan can no longer use their power against invaders
Every ending is united by conquest, you retard. It would've been impossible to achieve otherwise, which is why the war was necessary for unification, regardless of who wins it. As I pointed out, Claude's ending specifically mentions more post-war upheaval. Notice how none of the others do. For the sake of this conversation, how CF specifically doesn't mention this. The nepotism thing you keep bringing up, other than being contradicted by the Edelgard + Byleth ending that I quoted and you chose to ignore, is going to be equally relevant to all endings, so you bringing it up in the context of CF only is disingenuous at least.
>Fodlan can no longer use their power against invaders
You're literally just making things up now.

Are you telling us that otome retards who vote Dimitri just because he is hot are any better than waifufags?

god I love pantyhose

Attached: con.jpg (1200x1066, 175K)

Who cares about no more crests when humanity has slitherer technology

>is going to be equally relevant to all endings,
Edelgard is the only one arguing about abolishing it, that's why it's relevant.
Everyone else just mentions societal reforms, which they do.

because she did nothing wrong

Attached: peradventure.jpg (645x346, 113K)

Nobody cares about your weebshit

Does edelgard comission porn of byleth?

>You did though since you're literally saying people are okay with being conquered by Edelgard.
I'm saying that Edelgard united the continent, which she did, not that everyone is happy about it.
>How is it true for routes where nobody is conquered?
There are no such routes. Either the Empire or the Kingdom is conquered at least, depending on the route. Outside of the GD route, the Alliance lords join with whoever comes out on top, with only house Riegan falling on CF.
And Edelgard follows through as well:
"With tireless work and great sacrifice, she reformed the class system to ensure a free and independent society for all"
"to ensure a society where people can rise and fall by their own merits, they spent their lives reforming the antiquated class system"
"she instituted new class reforms and helped to ensure the people's independence"

lookin like eggman in that gay costume

Absolutely obsessed

Attached: 1568709046847.jpg (645x910, 90K)

>edelgard is too ashamed to marry byleth cause he's a commoner
>byleth has to wait for her to leave the throne
>she never ends up marrying byleth or giving him children
>this is byleth's fucking s rank ending

>in ferdinand's a rank ending she officially marries him and pumps out his babies
>nonstop fucking and impregnation

FUCKING LYING FAGGOTS HAHAHA "USE YOUR IMAGINATION BYLETH CAN MARRY AND IMPREGNATE HER EVEN IF IT DOESN'T SAY IT JUST USE YOUR IMAGINATION BRO" HAHAHAHA
OY VEY I WONDER (((WHO))) COULD BE BEHIND THIS POST

Didn't play this game and only a mild interest in GoT but from all the talk about this girl is seems like she is the vidya version of Yea Forumss cute psycho. Right, wrong?

Attached: 5cd9341b93a1526b2908e1e2-750-563.jpg (750x563, 30K)

Why character polls from Japan are being dominated by female voters? Do girls play more than men there or do men not even care about those polls? I keep seeing this same thing with Trails and Tales of games polls all the time. Top spots always go to male characters by a huge margin.

Attached: 1553968492182.jpg (1199x745, 317K)

Dimitri is the psycho. Edelgard is composed, but ruthless all throughout.

Still more even than fates polls.

While I don't disagree with the idea that a Three Kingdoms esque Fire Emblem would be awesome. I don't know why you were expecting this to be that game.

Official route ranking (worst to best):

>Church Route
>Black Eagles Route
>Golden Deer Route
>DAB Route

she is anime robespieere, crests are the divine mandate behind noble title.
Shes basically the bourgeoisie revolutionary that gives us the liberal post feudal society that allows capital to start accumulating under a system of legal equality.
Shes extremely based and did absolutely nothing wrong. People find a way of getting themselves killed during changes of relation of production, its just how it goes, as the history of society is the history of class struggle.

You can put Edelgard on a wyvern too

Attached: 1568360571946.png (800x1135, 1.15M)

>Shes basically the bourgeoisie revolutionary
>by being the empress of said country and kepeing the class society intact

Nah, the crazy one with mood swings and mental problems you just want to heal is Dimitri.
Edelgard just copypasted her design for western appeal.

>I WILL CHANGE THE SYSTEM AND ELIMINATE THE NOBILITY
>assigns her friends who are nobles for the highest positions

>Every ending is united by conquest, you retard. It would've been impossible to achieve otherwise

Meanwhile Almyra (Claude) and Lester alliance (Lorenz) in GD.

Attached: handshake.gif (480x270, 507K)

here come the anarchists who will only ever be satisfied if the system is replaced with chaos

Car breaks down
Claude: Alright let's call AAA
Dimitri: Smack it until it works!
Edel: Burn it and get a new one

>Dimitri: Smack it until it works!
You mean
>Dimitri: carries it until the next gas station

>has his black slave dedue push the car with everyone else in it all the way back home

fixed

Dimitrincel

I'm doing Edelgard's route on NG Maddening, who do I recruit that makes sense storywise and will actually be useful

Attached: 1568812164138.jpg (900x1200, 126K)

good thing she follows through on all her good intentions, dismantling the crest best society and eradicating the slithers before abdicating the throne of her own free will.

>dude just let the almyrans that try to invade every now and then in what can go wrong bro

I mean, she purges the aristocracy in her first month in office and then proceeds with class reforms after the war, according to the endings. She also changes the imperial succession from a hereditary one, to one (seemingly) based on personal appointment. She appoints BEagles to office based on skill, rather than birth, as well, since Caspar can become Minister of War despite being a second son and Manuela can become fucking Prime Minister, despite being a commoner.

No matter what you believe, Edel will never look this badass it's a simple fact

Attached: EBpxNvTVAAAcqck.jpg (1200x675, 175K)

True neutral route where you join no one when

>that makes sense storywise
Lysithea and Lorentz.
Done.
No one actually supports her or her war.

>it's just Byleth doing the fishing and cooking minigames every week, while the war plays out in the background

Lysithea
Lorenz
Mercedes
The faggot archer

>Mercedes
Even if her brother is there, she won't ever support what Edelgard does with the church.

>Mercedes
>Going against the church
Makes absolutely no sense at all.

If you recruit them, they do. There's very few characters who will actually never come around.

You don't. I killed the final boss on BE before Catherine could reach me

He said make sense storywise, joining BE is akin to being lobotomized for most of the cast.

Lys, Lorenz, Ashe

You do remember what happened to Robespierre, right?

Nah, Dimitri would be the one pushing because the voices in his head are telling him it's all his fault.

>comission
nigga she draws it, don't you remember the scene where you walk in on her doing just that?

only women actually read and vote in magazine polls. Men stopped reading magazines back in the late 90s when the internet became mainstream

Lysthea, Lorenz, Marianne, Ashe. Shamir, Manuella, and Hanneman are okay to recruit too.

Everyone you recruit gives you their reason for joining before you attack the monastery. Every unrecruitable character is demonstrably too devoted to another cause to be convinced(except Hilda, I guess), but Byleth has some literally divine powers of persuasin hidden under his autism, after all.

>gives you their reason for joining before you attack the monastery
And most of the time is absolutely fucking retarded for BE.

not really, in the BE route all the students in the tomb have a pretty reasonable reason to abandon the church after they witness Seiros going REEEE I'LL RIP OUT YOUR HEART after Byleth decides not to execute his student on the spot.

Does it make sense to get Ingrid? She's super cute...

I just ran past her at the final boss, she's still alive in my BE timeline

You mean the student that was a terrorist complicit in the sacking of a village, inciting rebellion and turning other students into crest beasts against their will? That student?

What are some very wholesome supports?

Nah, but get her anyway if you like her so much

Dimitri and Marianne
Raphael and everyone
Alois and Bernadetta

>funny footsteps start playing

>And most of the time is absolutely fucking retarded for BE.
You say that but give no examples

Look mommytard just because Edelgard has been planning assassinations on students since the prologue and teleports around willy nilly doesn't mean we should kill her on the spot. We need a trial. Wait a minute is that an army coming to attack the church and what is this manifesto signed by Edelgard being spread around uuhh anyway as I was saying Edelgard could be innocent.

yes that student, is I'LL RIP OUT YOUR HEART the appropriate response to someone saying "I don't want to execute my own student Rhea"? Like no matter what crimes Edelgard committed it's not unreasonable for Byleth to have reservations about being the one to end her life. If Rhea was a stable and proper leader like she pretended she could've easily had Edel arrested and had Seteth or Catherine execute her after a public trial or something, but instead she gave byleth an ultimatum of "kill her or i kill you".

He’s an angel.

Manuela, Hanneman, and Lysithea.

Actually it's called Fire Emblem: Wind Flower Snow and Moon.

Her being innocent has nothing to do with any of this, Byleth isn't guilty of a crime just because he doesn't want to be her executioner. Also if Rhea knew Edelgard could warp out of there what was the point in putting Byleth on the spot in the first place? It's not like Byleth is capable of stopping her from leaving any more than Rhea is.

From the ones I recruited, none of them struck me as being unfitting:
>Lorenz and Lysithea
Their houses support the Empire. Lysithea has the history with crests as well, and even offers to join you at Derdriu, if you didn't recruit her before.
>Leonie
Jeralt was always suspicious of the church and she gets to see Rhea turn into a monster in the Holy Tomb in person. Also, her S support reveals she was apparently already trying to get close with Byleth by this time.
>Mercedes
After seeing Rhea go ballistic in the Holy Tomb and hearing of the church's shadier doings, she decides that the goddess would disapprove of what the church has become.
>Felix
He wants to cut his own path instead of following one that his father wants him to, as well as to distance himself from Dimitri, who's already starting to become unhinged.
Ashe and Ingrid
Lorenz and Hilda
Shamir and Cyril

Stop Dimitri from eating weeds.

>Byleth isn't guilty of a crime

I agree. At best this is a breach of contract. Maybe she can take Blyleth to civil court at the same time she is being tortured in a dungeon by Edelgard.

Really? Let's start with
>Sylvain
Whines the whole route he chased pussy, makes no sense because his friends>crest hate
>Ingrid
HAHAHAHAHA
>Felix
Being tsundere doesn't mean he wants to kill Dimitri
>Mercedes
Rhea being batshit doens't mean she wants to go to waar, kill a shitton of people and destroy the church.
>Annette
HAHAHAHAHA
And these are just from BL.

Blyat is also at several times noted to be absolutely ruthless when he needs to be, Ashen Demon and all, so him not killing the person that just tried to kill him and all his other students would be a very bad sign from Rhea's perspective. While she was fine with letting him live out his life after Sothis didn't posses him she wasn't going to sit back and let the crest stone end up in the hands of the Empire and by extension the Slitherers.

>Felix
>He wants to cut his own path instead of following one that his father wants him to, as well as to distance himself from Dimitri, who's already starting to become unhinged.
Way to completely misunderstand his character. He disagrees with his father but he still loves him and he's one of the people that cares the most about Dimitri, just doesn't want to see his friend completely turn into a monster.

>Not recruiting Felix and forcing him to kill his father
Come on now

Also Felix goes into depression and fucks off in most of his non BL endings.

>Why are you doing this Felix?
>SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP
Edelgard's autism is contagious.

Sorry I dont like butch dykes

She's literally a caricature compared to Marianne. Marianne is this very somber tragic character who becomes strong meanwhile Bernie is a big joke, random hikkimori and never grows more than the bare minimum.

Felix and any smol girl is top tier

Her and Shamir being lesbians at each other awkwardly is pretty cute.

>Playing Petra's paralougue for the first time ( hard mode).
>Just finished moving my dudes when Hubert rolls up out of nowhere with fucking Meteror equipped.
>It's strong enough to nuke most of my dudes in one shot
>Bernie manages to snipe him with the longbow from approx. 7 tiles away and manages to kill him with her crest
Bestest of girls.

Attached: 582adf03668dc3eb584f740609366fa7f009572d.png (1400x1000, 1.08M)

Lysithea is only character where you can recruit post-timeskip in BE route, so you should get her. Lornez and Marianne also work. Since you're going to kill the king in BE route, nobody from BL class make sense storywise. But if you want suffering, get Felix because he got cool lines I guess.

I just played GD and I really don't like how Rhea basically gets off for basically what I consider some of the worst things you could do (creating artifical life that is also autonomous, having the intention to take away that autonomy, creating a church literally based on her and her buddies, murdering entire sects of people who go against her like the western church, refusal to accept death, etc)
Even though her main intention wasn't bad, I still find myself thinking that the actions that she takes is immoral.
If I want to fuck the church over is CF my best option or can I also do it on BL

Attached: 1563659770836.jpg (590x495, 14K)

>>Sylvain
>Whines the whole route he chased pussy, makes no sense because his friends>crest hate
This is the only I disagree with. "Friends" is not an argument, none of the recruitable characters are actively hostile toward their friends, every character is conflicted about fighting their former classmates.
He has legitimate reasons and beliefs that are sufficient for him to decide to shit on the whole crest system that he's vocal with when talking to Byleth. IMO he's probably the most narratively legit character to recruit on the empire route.

CF is the option for going fuck the church but if you have a problem with Rhea's actions then I don't see how you can be ok with Edelgard's.

How is it immoral if she and her church are setting the standards of morality

Caspar and Bernie

Bernie's problems aren't only played for comedy though. Once you learn her backstory, they become a lot more tragic.

She is absolutely waifubait though.

Most of Bernie's supports are wholesome as fuck. Especially with intimidating people like Edelgard and Hubert. Her and Capar are peak cute though.

Don't know if it counts as wholesome. But I really like Ferdinand and Dorothea. It's easily the best showcase of both characters positive and negative traits.

BL have very little focus on Church and Rhea after timeskip, so you badly have any reasons to care about them. CF is only route that fuck the church over.

Because she falls just short of being irredeemable.
Basically if Griffith had stopped at boning the Princess, then patched things up with Guts.

Plus I've always been partial to characters will to flip over the world to realize their vision.

Attached: Edelgard Hubert.jpg (1220x1787, 339K)

>murdering entire sects of people who go against her like the western church
If she murdered everyone who went against her Lonato wouldn't have been around long enough to raise an army. She only goes after people who actively take up arms against her.

the western church tried to kill her
multiple times
what the fuck

Bullshit Rhea is an evil bitch who kills everyone that doesn't believe in her fake ass religion. Cyril and Shamir are on death row and merely doing the equivalent of library work and stamping license plates until the executioner is back from vacation.

They committed high treason
This

Yeah, Edelgard is short alright

But she does go full Femto in some cases

edelgard is upfront with her retardation in that she accepts that she's doing fucked up things immediately rather than a 1000 years in which makes her slightly less fucked up
she's still retarded though, because even though her intentions are good, she takes the stupidest path to get them

Attached: 1560385433288.png (230x130, 25K)

Like I said, just short of being downright evil.
She does do some atrocious stuff and will absolutely murder anyone getting in her way, but she does care and look out for her friends and subordinates.

She rapes the MCs lover?

She basically makes a deal with the devil in order to stack up the cobblestones to the castle.

The difference is that she's killing everyone except her close friends.

Attached: 69217409_437057773566318_5808355563578685755_n.jpg (480x480, 29K)

Seriously, why is it that nobody cares about Rhea having people killed all the time for "heresy"? That's literally thought police. And yet if Edelgard gets fed up with it, she's 100% in the wrong and Rhea is 100% in the right? C'mon now. A church has no business running the government.

>Edelgard raping Bernie.
I would watch that, honestly.

because the heresy we see is literally trying to kill the pope you fucking idiot

He's not black, look at his mouth. It doesn't stick out from his face.

Attached: african skull vs human skull.png (284x239, 139K)

The people in Seteth and Flayn's paralogue weren't trying to kill Rhea, but try again. In any case, is it any surprise that people would be hostile to Rhea if her default response to independent thought is "KILL THEM ALL"? Honestly, I have no idea where people who are defending Rhea are coming from. Read a book about the Middle Ages sometime, having a dogmatic religion in charge of society is fucking shit.

I'm the one who posted
I can't speak for Annette and Ingrid, since I haven't recruited them, but from playing BL Sylvain immediately struck me as the most fitting candidate for switching sides, given his personal history and strong opinions on crests.
Felix was always shown to be disenchanted with honor and noble conduct, which are highly valued by pretty much all Faerghus characters. He was personally cared and worried for Dimitri, as well as tried to reign in his dark tendencies at the worst of times, but it only takes one decision for him to conclude that Dimitri was beyond saving. In fact, that's how things play out in 3 of the 4 routes. This isn't out of malice or hatred on Felix's, or anyone's, part - as points out, no one actively wants to fight their own friends, but they find each other on opposite sides of the conflict, because of the paths they have taken for their own reasons. There's also Felix's personal quest for strength and desire to make it on his own, but he only realises the further consequences of that in his support with Byleth, so Byleth siding with BE would obviously have an impact as well.
Mercedes obviously doesn't want to cause harm either, but on the BE path, she finds herself disillusioned with the church she has looked up to all her life and goes against it for spiritual reasons, since she concludes that the goddess would be displeased with the church's conduct.
None of the characters are "lobotomised". They all have their reasons for making the decisions they did and none of them made these decisions lightly.

Making an example out of people rising up in arms against you was the rule in medieval times, not the exception.

I mean he is. If we go by real life logic, no one in FE is human.

>The people in Seteth and Flayn's paralogue weren't trying to kill Rhea
No, they were trying to break into a holy site and steal weaponry, which is obviously fine.
> her default response to independent thought is "KILL THEM ALL"?
Yes, it's not like Rhea employs non-believers in her personal circle. Or that she lets the Western Church get away with having a different doctrine until they try to murder her. Or that Lonato is able to speak out openly against the church for four years without suffering any negative consequences until he takes up arms against them, and even then the church gets permission from the kingdom to deal with him.

Because she makes autistic retards seethe with rage as we can see right here.

>You do remember what happened to Robespierre, right?
I'm sure he did better on his own route.

The ending needed a Breaking Bad style montage of Edelgard declaring and end to the war intercut with Hubert and his guys breaking into houses and shanking people.

What are the chances of the DLC expanding the BE route to actually take out Those who Slither?

Attached: Fire.Emblem-.Fuuka.Setsugetsu.full.2663424.jpg (1745x2048, 313K)

>Yes, it's not like Rhea employs non-believers in her personal circle.
Shamir wasn't in her "personal circle", neither is little poo. It consisted of herself and Seteth.

>No, they were trying to break into a holy site and steal weaponry, which is obviously fine.
They weren't trying to steal anything, they were trying to claim it in the name of the western church but they didn't do anything hostile until Seteth decided to kill them all because his wife's grave is there. They were also there for quite some time before player arrives, I literall played that paralogue yesterday.

>she lets the Western Church get away with having a different doctrine
She lets the western church exist because her governing entirety of the church across the continent on her own is not a possiblity.

>until they try to murder her.
You do realize, that maybe, just maybe, they wanted to get rid of her for a reason other than them being just inexplicably evil for no reason? Even Hitler didn't hate the jews just because.

Rhea lets Cyril into her room dude

>What are the chances of the DLC expanding the BE route to actually take out Those who Slither?
According to the recent info, the story DLC includes:
>Side story: Abyss Mode
>New playable characters: Juris, Balthazar, Constanze and Javi [tentative translations]
So it's all just guesswork, so far. Personally, I'm mostly happy about Jeritza being confirmed as a DLC unit and the sauna

What do they do there?

It's just sex my man, it doesn't mean anything.

Attached: 3heudiBWn1wysqp8o1_1280.png (706x292, 172K)

Cyril tongue bathes Rhea first thing in the morning. Sothis, I wish I were him.

Doesn't sound very promising.
Shame too, the BE route feels a bit incomplete without getting to murder those fuckers.

Because she's cool and likable to the point people forget - especially in her own route - she's the main agressor of the plot and the main bad guy of the continent and thus try to whitewash most of the morally questionably stuff she does

Attached: ECG66ZaU4AAiWjj.jpg (740x924, 131K)

>What are the chances of the DLC expanding the BE route to actually take out Those who Slither?

Low. Considering how much the games loves to reuse its content (to the point 2 routes gameplay wise are 99% identical) and how weirdly the dubsteppers are portrayed in Azure Moon, their off-screen demise in Crimson Flowers feels intentional

Still happy we're getting Jeritza, since I finally wanna know what his whole deal is

>infuriating personality
>annoying voice
>almost all her supports are the same
>mediocre unit
>awful time skip design
BERNIE IS HOT FUCKING TRASH

Is it possible to play this without the pairings or whatever? Not interested in waifufaggotry

I'd go further to say that there's barely any chance at all:
>"The additional side story will include new characters, locations and battlegrounds. It will feature multiple chapters that are separate from the story of the main game"
I'm very pleased with just Jeritza though. I wonder if he'll keep up his strange monotone way of speaking all throughout the game.

Yes.

pussy

>Shamir wasn't in her "personal circle"
She says she's employed directly by Rhea. At the very least, Rhea has no problem putting a non-believer who isn't even native to Fodlan in charge of her troops and personal safety.
>They weren't trying to steal anything, they were trying to claim it in the name of the western church but they didn't do anything hostile
They've seized the area, stationed troops there, and declare it's their property. Arguing they're not there for the relic when they have forces around the monument is asinine.
>they wanted to get rid of her for a reason other than them being just inexplicably evil
They sure as fuck never mention it if they do. All they talk about is Rhea not having divine support because they've bought into Slither propaganda.

Thank fuck

Most of the support conversations aren't romantic and you can skip them all if you want (though'll you mmiss out on some fleshing out of the characters).

Teaming up characters is also not very important gameplay wise.

well yeah, it wouldn't be proper conduct to bar the janitor from entering a place in the monastery that's still in use

Do you mean yourself? Yes, you can choose to be alone near the end of every route. If it's other characters, just don't give them A rank supports and they all stay alone too.