We have another option. We can ascend. We can become as Astral Chain thread

We have another option. We can ascend. We can become as Astral Chain thread.

Attached: 106.jpg (1920x1080, 768K)

Other urls found in this thread:

e-hentai.org/g/1486615/6a9c4bd8ab/
mobile.twitter.com/yukino_san_14/status/1173967387198050304
twitter.com/PG_taura/status/1144097043566039046
bunnygaming.com/community/exclusive-interview-yoko-taro-taura-takahisa/
platinumgames.com/official-blog/article/10579
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw no Poli Pro-P LEN spin-off

Attached: poli pro-p len.png (319x421, 331K)

bumping for feMC butt

Attached: bbaf72815d3fddebb8f3e0f5900559d2.jpg (1260x845, 145K)

Announcement when?

based

Attached: 2019090721284900-257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.jpg (1280x720, 197K)

I'm on chapter 9, what a ride it has been so far. Only three chapters left I think?

So how is it guys? I didn't even realize it came out but I've had my mind on it

Not soon enough. probably never

Got this game yesterday, and I have to say, this is the most awkward execution of Silent Protagonist I've ever seen.

Does the Ultimate Accolade do anything?

Story goes till chapter 11, chapter 12 is post game. But even if you only want to play the story, start up chapter 12 to get an epilogue

2 plus the 72 mission post game.

Does anyone have the soundtrack rip uploaded somewhere? The official CD is missing a lot of stuff.

I do want to replay previous chapters and try to get everything/S+ rank at least normal difficulty, but I've got other games like Daemon X Machina to move on to once I finish this, so I guess I'll look at that epilogue and keep the rest for later.

Looks like something TRIGGER would make.

Its good. If you are looking for a pure action game, keep in mind that there is a lot of policework to do in the game such as investigations and helping citizens, but the postgame is pure action. You cant mindlessly combo in this came and have to be more reaction based. Story can is rather simple, but i liked it. Environments can look a bit plain and boring in the astral plane, but the city part is nice and for the most part it runs well. Soundtrack is cool too.
Tried to be objective with this

I'd be ok with that.

Gonna buy this tomorrow, but I'm looking at reviews on Metacritic and I saw this lol -

>Horrible dialogue/ voice acting - The characters have no personality or charisma. The lines are often highly illogical with the overal conclusion of each interaction conflicting characters haphazardly built up individualty betraying a sense of vacancy on the writers part. And the voice acting is equally robotic and contrived highlighted by being programmed disjointedly contributing to an overall sense of such flagrant carelessness it’s offensive.

This motherfucker said -
>contrived highlighted by being programmed disjointedly contributing to an overall sense of such flagrant carelessness

LMAO

She could meet fellow policewoman Luluco.

Careful user, that might be too much JUSTICE in one place.

Just started File 6, I am really enjoying it but I still feel like I don't know what I an doing. I get D rank for the majority of fights but then I will randomly have Bs and As, and to be honest I never feel like I did anything different when I get them.

You can never have too much JUSTICE.

Attached: Over_Justice.png (427x553, 173K)

>heard bad things about chapter 8
>reach it
>talk to Jin
>the game suddenly turns into Professor Layton sliding block puzzles
Wew. I'm quite good at those so it wasn't too much of an issue and you could take forever and still get S+, but being unable to cancel moves and only having the option to reset the whole configuration is bullshit considering you can get yourself stuck.

Maybe its time, and some are easier to get good grades than others. For a good grade you need to do a lot of shit in a short time. Try to get multibinds, perfect dodges, perfect calls, use ablilities, switch legions. All that stuff

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

Score is generally awarded not for technical prowess but for how many different moves you use, alternatively it's completion in the shortest time, so early on there's actually no good way to rack it up.

Don't worry about it. You're not meant to get lots of S+ ranks on your first time through. You can replay Red (graded/ranked) missions later, whilst keeping your levelled up Legions and X-baton, which makes getting good ranks a LOT easier. As another user said, doing them quickly is the biggest ranking factor, but also being stylish, using certain attack strategies, not being damaged, not using items, etc, will all get you extra points.

THIS CANNOT CONTINUE

Tell me about Jena. Why does she wear the garter?

Attached: ff0053fddc9410fd8506e5bf9fd6863e.jpg (1280x1829, 569K)

>Reading reviews.

at the last chapter now. whatever happened to the three suits that we saw in the beginning? yoseph talked to them and then we never saw em again

Reminder that sadpanda has the whole artbook.
>e-hentai.org/g/1486615/6a9c4bd8ab/
Photos for now, though.

What I really am looking for is good gameplay, music, and bosses. If it has that were good.

so how much has this sold so far? More than w101 at the least?

It's bad. The story is Eva if the writer was mentally handicapped. The combat is ultra simplistic and shallow (though my-first-action-game babbies will phrase it like "you can't just combo" and "you have to space yourself properly" when what they mean is "there are no combos" and "dodge/PC is unreliable"), the game is unresponsive due to being 30fps with drops and rather mashy, the pacing is fucked sideways (files 1 and 2 are bad on purpose, files 6 and 8 are boring as fuck, all the characters disappear halfway through the game)

They had an ok idea, put some if their worst talent on it (the guys who designed Nier and Korra), and failed to make it work right in favor of half-assing a terrible animu story because story is what sold Automata

Yeah i hate that it is missing the helipad theme

Sequel bait, like shitloads of other things.

Does the story have a satisfying payoff? I'm at file 06 and it feels like this story is going nowhere. I really wish the voice acting and writing weren't so subpar.

Most of the sales are digital so it is a mystery.

The bosses are easily the worst part of the game outside of the more boring fetch quests
Music is ok.

>"dodge/PC is unreliable"

Attached: 1546570908050.jpg (600x600, 101K)

>mashy
Spotted the shitter

jena is kinda wasted. at the end it seemed like her plan was to just release the homonuculiwhatever to distract you so she can take on yoseph. she seemed intriguing in the beginning but that fell flat later on imo

Yes, I already answered your question in the previous thread.

When is the next sales update from nintendo?

October.

>next game
>you find out she barely survived your fight with her and ran off to the astral plane
>she recognizes that the world is still in danger from the gates
>but she has long since given up her humanity
>Jena Legion

ZL ZL+ZR ZR ZR ZR ZR ZR ZR (slow mo lens flare) ZL ZL+ZR ZR ZR ZR ZR ZR ZL
GUYS I DO ACTION GAME

Attached: 5e2.jpg (554x439, 38K)

GOTY

>can't PC or dodge on a just frame
>i-frames so short you can literally PC a swing and still get hit
Unreliable.

I bet you're one of those guys who complain about the last story boss.

We know W101 sold 6k during its first week in japan and only 60k worldwide in two months. AC sold 40K during its first week in Japan and that is just in retail as we don't have digital sales info. As AC has sold 80% of W101 first two months WORLDWIDE sales in just Japan during its first week, is safe to say that it sold much better than W101.

I have killed aether and I only got an A, god fucking dammit

Hahah, you suck.

>That bomb side case in file 4
I CUT THE BLUE WIRE YOU SHITHEAD

>Plat's worst game since TMNT is doing way better than the best game they've made
>games with a focus on story and being "accessible" (read: simple) are now Platinum's MO
RIP Platinum

Do file 12 and come back, bitch.

Attached: 1568088126534.jpg (3000x2222, 398K)

It doesn't matter which wires you cut, the result is always the same.

Do you get cool armor/riot suits in the game or do you always look like an anime patrolman?

>main enemy doesn't desire immortality at any cost even a loss of self
>main enemy doesn't want to be unchained from their fate
>just wants to become god
Not going to lie but the story shat itself near the end, it was serviceable before then, but the final boss was actually really bad.

Thinking about possible sequel in spite of seemingly lackluster sales, it's already hit 4 digits in Japan I think they will go straight onto a direct sequel continuing the main story, even though that's not at all the way to follow up. There's 4 things they could do
>direct sequel with mostly the same cast continues with the same story beats but goes nowhere while exploring nothing new interesting
>actual good sequel set during the resettlement of the world where you play as a frontier sheriff with a legion called slick shooter who has 2 pistols
>another actual good sequel where a now corrupt Neuron invades another dimension since their own one is basically fucked, and you play as a regular police officer who manages to acquire a legatus from an invader
>a noir sequel where legions are now a common part of every day life in the ark where you play as a private eye

>no shield legion
>no drill legion
>no pistol legion
>no legs legion
>no whip legion
>no hammer legion
So many possibilities.

Is it? First time it exploded, but when i replayed the file i didnt go off

You can get Ravens' armor, medical underwear and Lappy's costume. I wear the jacket to be MORE anime.

Attached: 2019090819342400-257FD939428E4BFE6BF9E2F559D5037A.jpg (1280x720, 177K)

Can I just say that this game's art style is rad as fuck? Got a bit of a Bubblegum Crisis vibe to it.

>dodge/PC is unreliable
acquire proficiency

File 12 sucks ass, I'm not subjecting myself to 70 shitty combat missions with this trash system

The designs are amazing in 2d but look wrong in 3d, especially Marie.

>worst game since tmnt
Most games wish they could be even a fraction as inventive as Astral Chain.

t. sloppy strikes

>a noir sequel where legions are now a common part of every day life in the ark where you play as a private eye
NINTENDO HIRE THIS MAN

How do you unlock this coat?

Attached: coat.jpg (1280x720, 142K)

There was an initial gamerip, but that one's tracks dont loop properly.

Someone posted this rad as fuck picture of anime cops in a helicopter, but I forgot to save it, and that's what I was reminded of with this game. It's whole visual design is excellent. Driving in the tunnel looks amazing.

Customization is meh. There are lots of items but they don't really mesh, and getting any of them is insanely tedious (hurr clean up 80% of the shit we smeared the level with!)

Pretty sexy for someone who is just going to work on a lab. Either that is on self assured and a bit vain woman or she was expecting to get some before shit went down.

So dad never fucked Alicia? Is he a moron?

Perhaps it's random or based on time then, because it's always exploded for me regardless of whether I cut the right wires or not.

It comes with any of the sets of armor you can wear. The jacket you wear without armor is different (as seen here ).

he's gay

captain howard is the aniki of the ark

>cops
>rad
It's unique and inventive, just not good. It was a swing and a miss.
Most P* diehards saw the writing on the wall when it was revealed to be 30fps

>same faggot complaining about the game is also some anti-police cuck

Attached: 1568107468557.jpg (658x768, 103K)

>Most P* diehards saw the writing on the wall when it was revealed to be 30fps
Who the fuck are these nebulous P* diehards and what do they even play besides MGR

Ah fuck, it's probably because I use feMC, the custom color makes it look like he's wearing a long coat.

This site is for adults only

I disagree

Attached: 1547758256142.png (250x219, 47K)

All I want in a sequel is playable Kyle

>oh god oh fuck I'm so new please rape my face
DMC3-5, God Hand, Bayo 1-2, Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae, Killer is Dead PC, MGR, W101, Ninja Gaiden Black
These are the best action games.

It is good though, it just isn't as good as it could be, the Platinum standard for progression doesn't mesh with this games design, it's pacing makes levels far harder to replay than previous games
30fps is a flaw, but it's a flaw shared by an overwhelming majority of games. although I'd give this game a strike against it for being an action game and not running at 60fps, it doesn't even have a 60fps mode, which is pretty strange.
Astral Chain isn't a full action game, it's strange that they pushed it as one since it's combat while great is lighter than games like Bayonetta, it's good that they changed it's scoring system to reflect this, but it really really needed to change it's whole progression system.
Platinum should remove grading from easy/very easy, this is actually a good choice since if you are interested in the scoring you aren't playing those difficulties in the first place.

Cops be rad as fuck.

I glad that I can enjoy more than one type of game.

Attached: 1537359044456.jpg (161x207, 27K)

If you're listing Killer is Dead there you might as well add no more heroes or asura's wrath or even some of the god of war games and metal gear rising, since the combat is extremely shallow and all of these games are just carried by aesthetics and style

based as fuck
make Kyle the new MC, Hal reprises his role as floating sidekick, some of the OG cops show up as rivals
bring down the system and save the world along the way

>NGB
>carried by aesthetics
Begone, petulant child

A lot of those games aren't even made by P+, but by staff that became P+ who have since made different projects, but of course you're being disingenious fucks about it to make it seem like you have an argument and aren't just seething for no reason

Do you get to fuck Marie? If so, what file does it happen in?

Attached: 1568245356822.png (1024x719, 806K)

>you might as well add MGR
Is three lines literally tl;dr for you?

The question was "what do they play"
You have brain problems, though anyone could guess that if you're full-throatedly defending AC's messy combat

I prefer keeping the current MCs but this time with speaking roles and more personality. I'd like Kyle to be a major supporting character, though.

Attached: 1568180635026.jpg (992x909, 169K)

It's not me thinking Platinum is some kind of action game mecca just because washed up hack Kamiya is spending his time tweeting from there.

>keep current MCs
I'd like Taura and his inability to write a good story to please leave.
Kamiya can do it and he made the fucking genre.

I think his point is that the guys lists things like KiD and MGR along with some of the most complex action games out there, while they're actually pretty damn simple in comparison.

Taura did not write it.

It's really good but story wise it is kind of let down by the protag being silent and nameless.

Guys I don't get this game
I'm supposed to be a cop but I'm also a detective? And a swat team member? And an FBI agent?

How am I supposed to beat poor people when my coworkers keep forcing me to play blue's clues? There aren't even any niggers to frame/kill. What kind of police sim is this?

>Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae

Attached: C6ADT60U0AMvhhp.jpg (1201x1200, 194K)

Didn't he do the story planning though, it really goes nowhere.

but what could they call the one that doesn't speak
and which one will be the canon Akira

Usually the director writes the story but Taura gave the job to his gameplay designer (who didn't want it and just kinda folded in his whole team's ideas)

Their focus was on making a cool Japanese capeshit game, not competing with Hemingway. I want non-weebs to leave.

Play the True Crime games if you want a corrupt cop sim.

*copshit

you're an ICE agent, your job is finding the illegal aliens coming from another dimension and deporting them if they don't have a visa

>didn't play long enough to unlock delay strikes, 360 spins, and back to forward movements for both your legion and x-baton

Attached: 1409644376998.png (718x451, 291K)

No it's literally fucking Kamen Rider but with summons instead of transformations. I don't expect some Cali tranny to understand.

>corrupt cop
What, you mean like a whistleblower?

Don't have to compete with Hemingway, just hit the standard, W101 did it, Bayonetta did it, Metal Gear Rising did it, up until the very end Bayonetta 2 did it No fucking overtime my dick., there's no excuse for Astral Chain to have not done it.

Nah the sequel will focus on the Howard twins and Neuron as they start trying to de-redshift the planet. It’ll switch it up between doing cop stuff on the ark and fighting armies of chimera on land. Jena Anderson will have survived and become more connected to the astral plane as well there will be other sentient chimera who kept their minds after redshifting who will be bosses, one of them will be Max. Your sibling will find out they’re a clone at some point for drama.

Astral Chain 3 will take place 100 years after that where you’re still playing as the Howard twins but now they’re mass produced clones used in the fight to retake the earth. They’re treated with animosity and distrust like God eaters in their game. The main boss will be the original Howard twins who have been corrupted by the astral plane.

Attached: D011C96F-C899-42F0-9536-4C61F5EFC052.jpg (1496x1589, 354K)

>deporting them if they don't have a visa

Attached: 1358704205931.jpg (296x307, 16K)

She wanted the BYC

For feMC I personally like Akane. It's one of the default names and works well with Akira. Anyway, it's not like you need to say which one is canon, you'd still get to choose.

I said that's what will happen, and it will be shit, I just outlaid what they should do if they had any ability to follow it up, unfortunately the writers/story director will ensure that it doesn't.

DURR ITS TOKU
No it isn't you stupid cunt. It's not live-action, it's not tongue-in-cheek, it's not villain of the week, there's no Henshin (no retarded fusion is not the same), the aesthetics and tone are completely fucking different

Just because it's DURR JAPANESE HURR FIGHTAN doesn't make it fucking Kamen Rider.

W101 is toku.

You're either hitting two wires at once cause of angles, or you're cutting the wrong blue one.

Charge moves too.

calm down autismo I'm not even that guy it was just a play on words because cops instead of capes

>Akane
>named after plant known for used RED paint
Ironic.

The purple one is not the blue wire. I made this mistake too. The blue wire is very close to another wire that goes under the big air conditioner unit.

>sequel
The story's over. Yoseph's gone and the blue bitch restored the planet. The third extinction ended.

Technically W101 isn't toku either, since tokusatsu is defined by the use of a specific type of old school special effects.

You haven't watched a lot of recent toku, I can tell.

Isn't the moon still fucked?

>hurf durf im retarded
360 ZR ZL ZR ZR ZR LOOK MOM NOT MASHY

In the True Crime games, you have the option of being a corrupt cop. Like you can smack random dudes, do false arrests, and plant evidence on people.

The original Gozilla is tokusatsu and it doesn't fulfill any of your criteria aside from being live-action.

>doesn't even know you follow up command attacks with ZL
C'mon kid, you're embarrassing yourself. We know you didn't play the game.

Oh. Well I thought your suggestions sounded terrible so I gave my own.

That's just a normal cop, user.
Dirty cops are the ones that snitch to internal affairs or bring video to the news

Oh and you can execute people you've arrested.

>implying Godzilla didn't start wearing spandex halfway through the movie after a convoluted transformation scene

>can't fucking read
Someone's definitely being embarassing here, but it ain't me

You thought wrong, you gave us a bad sequel.

>a 360 attack into ZR
Sure think kiddo.

Attached: 1542822262205.jpg (396x395, 34K)

>resorting to conflation
Thanks for giving up

>360 ZR ZL
>into ZR
>360 ZR ZL
either you can't read or you're so shit you don't know how sword's 360 sync combo works
Fucking embarassing

has this sold well enough to get a sequel?

>walking up stairs
>guy runs by and bumps into me
>can't shoot him
What kind of fucking cop game is this

I'm not the guy you replying to before, so I couldn't possibly have given up.

>he thinks sword is the only one with a 360 sync combo

Attached: 1429306280685.jpg (238x227, 19K)

literally retarded

Not one based in America, by Americans.

>ad hominem
I accept your concession, kiddo.

The third extension ends like 100 something years after the events of the game

Unknown but it sold like 3000 units in Japan last week, so things aren't looking too good, maybe enough for Nintendo to consider further work with Platinum games, not really sure at this point, but sequel isn't looking very likely.

Platinum's stuff is pretty niche anyway, so numbers don't necessarily matter. Nier Automata was their only game that sold really well.

Really? Because your suggestions remind me of nu-GoW and how some faggot decided to improve things when all they did was completely change the game to something else. I mean christ a noir private eye? Fallout 4 thought that’d be unique as well. Fuck how fucking basic are you?

It's not like this setting was shooting for uniqueness.

>Bad sales
This runs counter to everything I’ve heard about the game. Is it just one shitter trying to push this meme or is there something I missed?

God of 4 is easily the best of the series in every way, combat included

Why am I not surprised that a fan of AC's mashy trash would like God of War's mashy trash

Haha, you're idea of a sequel is reusing the same shitty twist from the first game, you have no fucking idea what you are doing on any level, you wouldn't know what would make a good sequel if you were one.
>reminds me of nugow
In like the most retardedly shallow way, you have to completely fail to understand the beats of this game to think these two are even remotely similar.

Physical sales are poor
Digital sales are ??????

v o u c h e r s

Poor

>I don’t have a defence for my own basic bitch taste so instead I’ll criticize the game
Fucking bitch ass

Only because it feels like it's own thing instead of being Devil May Cry with the first word in it's game design document being cinematic.

>Physical sales in week four, when Zelda just came out and dragon quest is around the corner

Why are blunderfags also so obsessed with extremely arbitrary numbers as their absolute benchmarks?

Who said it was criticism?
People think they're clever for pointing out that AC copies NGE but they're not.

does anyone know if there are cases in file 12 with a lot of aberrations? I need to take photos of like 1 eremit and 3 researcher but I have no idea of were those fuckers are

There are cases which are almost exclusively aberrations.
I actually thought they were some of the more difficult (outside of R3) cases, because you can't heal of them through finishers

You literally suggested to make the game cowboy themed, have the good guys become the bad guys, or make it a noir private eye game. These are so bottom of the barrel ideas that you can’t honestly think any of these are an improvement.
It’s not about the games being similar it’s someone who thinks that the original game is dumb and would be better i

But Astral Chain is dumb and would be better i

Rest in peace

>bottom of the barrel ideas
Yeah because you said so, I pointed out actual flaws in your shit, but you can't do the same, because realistically you're shit, can't do anything good, I only ever outlined a basic idea for what they should do instead of running with the same beats, the main characters are over, Neuron in it's current form has ran it's course as well, revisiting these explicitly is a waste of world building/story.
The original game is shit, but only really at the end since it clearly didn't know what it was doing with it's characters, it missed the Platinum standard beats, didn't link together elements in the world and story. people really don't seem to understand how smart Platinum games are and have been, because it's generally very subtle, but also small, it's elements that aren't really pushed into the forefront, but they are very good, threads of logic. In The Wonderful 101 the characters slowly pull together as a team on many different levels, and it coincides with the gameplay. Bayonetta has to kill angels every day because there's no rest for the wicked.
You're acting like changes I put forward are overly significant changes that completely invalidate world building, when they absolutely don't, resettlement is a future goal given at the end of the game, The crisis just ended and they aren't sure of the long term problems that may exist from exposure to the Astral Plane, and with the Astral Plane still being accessible it's inevitable that Chimera's will continue to be exploited, I didn't even advocate for major gameplay changes.
In reality you're just shit when it comes to sequilzing a game. your idea sounds like making Terminator 2 with just 2 Terminators following the main characters, you don't see what can be, you just see what is and double down.
I'm not even saying my ideas are perfect, but I know yours are shit.

>can't even finish your sentence
Go back to school bitch.

It's hilarious how it's always the shitters COPING about button mashing who are too shit at the game to actually dodge.

Hey retard, maybe those two are related.

Got to show how much of an eva ripoff it is.

>but sequel isn't looking very likely
>Platinum thanked everyone for making Astral Chain a success
>No sequel
Blunderfag is both desperate and a retard.

Attached: ffxiv_08082019_194843_527.png (2560x1440, 2.19M)

>>no shield legion
>>no drill legion
>>no pistol legion
>>no legs legion
>>no whip legion
>>no hammer legion
>no small legion from the concept art
>no wing legion

You can go on and on with legions
>no spear legion
>no chakram legion
>no husk legion
>no jet engine legion
>no tentacles legion
Okay some of those weren't as good, but this shit has a load of potential, and I must admit I was slightly disappointed that the game didn't bait with legions you can't use being shown like how Wonderful 101 shows a picture of Vorkken and some Unify's which weren't in game.

Yeah I made that one, its just a little trick using the color editor to make it so it looks like its a longer coat but its just the normal outfit.

Attached: EEYJV8tWwAADd07.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

why stop there?
>no stapler legion
>no bad breath legion
>no really long nails legion
>no flyswatter legion
>no backscratcher legion
>no spit legion
>no lawnmower legion
the possibilities are endless!

I just beat chapter 10
The fusion moveset was a little underwhelming but when you already have such immense variation in moveset usually skimping out on it seems OK to cut back on an already lengthy develeopment time.

I'm not surprised this game took so long to make, so many different animations for every single legion and so many different enemy types.

>no snail fork legion
>no catheter legion
>no whistle legion
>no no spring loaded fist legion
>no long hair legion
>no tazer legion
It can never end.

The amount of enemy types in the game was pretty unexpected, there's a bunch I'm certain only appear for a mini boss fight, and not even the mandatory ones.

FUCK
I got all the ingredients for the special drink but then when I went back inside I fell through the floor and had to close the game without saving, getting those ingredients again won't be hard but I will have to do the camera drone mission again now.

Same. Just started chapter 9. Although its a good game im getting tired of the astral realm segments. I kinda want it to be over already.

Neuron and these characters aren’t done just because you say so.

They've satisfied their purpose, there, is that enough of a clarification for you?

Do any of the Wonderful ones have an IRIS voice?

Best move the Fusion form gets is the ranged attack. I've heard from someone on here that you can use the fact that every attack in that form causes stagger and relaunch to do cool juggle things but I haven't tried it out yet.

I'm amazed anyone can tell who any of the IRIS voices are considering it has about two lines. I'm really annoyed that changing the IRIS voice doesn't change the voice that does Legion callouts.

But from the epilogue it’s clear that they haven’t. Neuron is going to become the expeditionary force that explores the redshifted world in order to take it back. That’s their purpose now.

Wish this game was a success so she could’ve gotten a doujin or at least some good r34

Some successful games don't get a lot of porn attention. Japanese would rather make more kancolle / fgo / whatever the fuck gacha flavor of the month is popular with coombrains and hell, who can blame them.

Is this game good? What other games is it similar to?

Attached: face.jpg (200x194, 27K)

Automata with less interesting story and more in-depth combat that's reliant on working with your summons rather than dodging and mashing. It's good and soulful but has some rough patches.

Those are the easy part to S+ after you know the answer the first time. It's the gyro box carrying that's a mess.

>replaying file 2
>astral plane side-section
>box puzzle
>I have to somehow move the box downward
How the fuck do I do this?
Am I missing something?

The one in chapter 8 gave me a terrible time, but the one on the roof of the HQ in chapter 9 was a lot easier, I better understood how they want you to move and turn.

The box carrying is easy as hell though. You can drop it like 4 times and it doesn't even matter. Just need to get to the end in under 2 minutes and blueshift everyone, easy S+.

>It's the gyro box carrying that's a mess. I did that first try and I even dropped it once. Just keep walking and blueshift that one guy.

Kind of a Zelda-ish action RPG thing. It's great. Has some obvious stupid flaws, but you can look past that because the core of the gameplay and the concept is so cool.

>no hat legion
>no tuba legion
>no butterfly knife legion
>no backwards hat legion
>no imouto legion
>not even a shitpost legion
Horrible game, all things considered.

You'll like the story exactly as much as you like Studio Trigger anime.

There is a platform with a square on it, that is an elevator for the box

That's random. I hate everything that Trigger's put out, but I liked Astral Chain's story more than most people.

I've tried putting that box on there, I've tried putting arm on there while it's holding the box, I've tried standing on it with arm and the box
How do I trigger the box actually going down with the elevator?

The art book has a timeline showing that about 40 years after the events of the game Marie has completely restored earth.
Yoseph was the one corrupting everything and pushing the Astral Plane and the human world together so he could become a god. Without him people can get real blueshift drugs and humanity can actually handle closing the rifts.

Huh? I like KLK and Luluco but for reasons completely different from why I like Astral Chain.

>40
I thought it was 100
>Marie
The fuck are you talking about?

Attached: F8DBC276-C1D5-44AD-8504-315EBCF2BAF4.jpg (768x1024, 156K)

Stop lying, after the "howard twins defeat Noah" line there is nothing else except a line that the third extinction ended 120 years later.

>is it good
It's very simple and unpolished and whether or not you like it will depend entirely on how much you like the aesthetic and talking side missions.

Its combat is a lot like a more limited Nier Automata with a gimped main character, or possibly something akin to KH2 with how important the RNG drop "plug in chip" style abilities and the legion skills become. It's not Bayo and if you want Bayo you're gonna hate it.

Files 1 and 2 are bad on purpose. Files 3-5 are an upswing. File 6 is bad. File 7 is the best in the game. File 8 is the worst in the game. Files 9-11 are a slow drop in quality.

I like both and got big Trigger vibes from the story, especially the ending.
>interesting setting with cool, unique concepts
>some neat worldbuilding going on
>characters are incredibly cliche-heavy, you can tell who's actually-the-bad-guy and who's going to die from the moment they're introduced
>story seems a bit aimless at first
>disregards worldbuilding the moment the story gains momentum (even though it wasn't done yet)
>scope increases more and more
>goes batshit wild at the end
>???
>all's well that ends well

>Hear File 8 is the worst in the game
>Realize that I'm near File 8
>Panic
>Check File to see how close I am to File 8
>On File 9
Did I miss something?

Attached: 1568069948703.png (320x353, 99K)

not marie, the other blue haired bitch
they all blend together because after chapter 4 they just fucking disappear and most did nothing to begin with

Definitely 100

And I know yoseph tampered with Jena’s medicine but not that he was the one making the astral plane appear. Where’d it say that?

Attached: 97E2B7B4-8641-4F54-8EFE-800F35D749F1.jpg (768x1024, 147K)

You should be able to but it down on it and leave it alone.

But remember, it's the elevator that doesn't automatically move that is for the box, not the one for the player.

I love Kill la Kill and LWA and Space Patrol Luluco.
Darling in the Franxx is one of the worst series' I've ever seen but it also was written by someone else entirely.

The story in Astral Chain is complete fucking garbage in every aspect. A cheap NGE ripoff with no soul at all, and all the interesting characters and dynamics pushed to the side and forgotten immediately after being introduced.

Lappy and Marie and Kyle? Max's over-protectiveness and influence on the station? Spanish chick's Genji Hikari situation? All completely dropped after five seconds to focus on MUH LEGION MUH CLONES MUH INSTRUMENTALITY

Brenda. Come on dude they have western names and distinct designs and everything. Don’t blame the game for not being able to remember them. And what do you mean she disappears? You’re literally saving her chapter 10

He wasn't making the Astral Plane appear, he was accelerating its takeover through redshift drugs and purposefully bad training.

>don't blame the game for doing abso-fucking-lutely nothing with any of its characters
555-come-on-now

Is shitposting, user. user most likely didn't know we have pics of the actual timeline.

>it's shitposting
It says right there that the third extinction ended. Game over. Story done.

>But remember, it's the elevator that doesn't automatically move that is for the box, not the one for the player.
I am the stupidest man alive.
Thank you.

Did you skip all the side missions and just jump to riding the elevator? Or do you just not care about completion?
Also the red mater cleanup is stressful as fuck (but a challenge so I was cool with it), and also finding the damn holo door was killing my head until I relized the maze the officer reffered to was the one later in the file.

Attached: 1568640876093m.jpg (683x1024, 116K)

Your "marie" thing and the "restored earth 40 years later" is the shitposting. Also they don't mention if they win or they got extinct, why are you so desperate to discredit the possibility of a sequel?

I don't think you know what shitposting is. You should probably lurk moar.

>maybe they didn't win! maybe everyone died!
ahh yes, that would make for a great sequel
You do know Platinum is fundamentally against the concept of a sequel, right? The only reason they made Bayo 2 and 3 was because Nintendo was throwing money at them and they were desperate.

Attached: andersoncooperistiredofyourshit.gif (220x212, 86K)

Don't sweat it, I was stuck for ages at the exact same spot

I did about half and saved the other half for a second runthrough. The cars were pretty obnoxious, since one accidental button press can softlock you and force a restart, but the rest of what I did was alright.

Oh I remember what the name reminds me of now

Attached: Polypropylene_1125x750.png (540x360, 337K)

The director himself said they are interested in turning this into a trilogy if the first game sells well.

>You do know Platinum is fundamentally against the concept of a sequel, right?
You do know the director is on record saying he has enough ideas for a couple sequels if they decide to make them, right?

Seems like cleaning the legions does have a purpose.
>mobile.twitter.com/yukino_san_14/status/1173967387198050304

Very impressive, Sherlock.

The director wasn't even involved with the story
You guys need to stop grasping at poorly translated off-the-cuff interviews

>want your legions to actually fight?
>well fuck you spend 10 minutes tediously cleaning them
It ruins the pacing of the gameplay AND the story! Hooray!

He still said later he was interested and had enough ideas for sequels.

The poorly translated part was that they planned the sequels. The part about ideas is true.
twitter.com/PG_taura/status/1144097043566039046
Besides, sequels need more than just story, they need mechanics and content, that's what he probably meant by that.
Not to mention that Taura not being involved with the story isn't true, in the blog the writer says he was one of the key persons involved in the brainstorming sessions. Not to mention that a director approves everything because that's his job.

that difference is minuscule, I thought not cleaning would have a much bigger impact lel

bunnygaming.com/community/exclusive-interview-yoko-taro-taura-takahisa/

Here is an interview where he restates indirectly that he would be open about a sequel, but is uncertain (it was right after launch, so no sales numbers yet)

>Takes ten minutes do simple minigame
>Can’t remember basic names of characters you interact with frequently
Are we being shitposted by a legitimate retard?

>you interact with frequently
Oh shit bro you bought some healing items from her what a well-developed and well-used character who could forget blue-haired med dispenser or pink-haired nobody?

New devblog, if anybody hasn't seen it yet
platinumgames.com/official-blog/article/10579

The only characters I remember are Alicia, Lappy, and Kyle, because they were actually characters and I was consistently angry that they weren't used at all.

The art book is so full of charm and interesting backstories and absolutely fucking none of that charm made it into the sterile final product

They literally had an entire File dedicated to them, what kind of Adhd zoomer are you?

ever worn garters? max comfy? same as suspenders vs a belt, suspenders just feel great.

Ending felt like they ran out of money.
The reason they had for Akira fighting you was super forced, he was always on your side and would've never fought you if he wasn't mindbroken.
Why was there no scene where you and Akira fuse with your legion to fight Noah and a combined verison of dark hero starts playing?
Does fused mode even have a real moveset?
I'm pretty sure mash attack and big explosion is all.
Why did the Chimera just calm down after Noah dies? Were they just made at Yoseph kidnapping their buddies and enslaving them?

>the main goal of our graphics is to make it immediately visually clear what the player did and what happened as a result
You failed.
Why did you think smearing vaseline on the screen, throwing a hundred segmented enemies onto a screen with no AA, and then covering all that in particles would be clear and readable?
>he's old
Ahh. Senility.

Attached: jay.gif (294x197, 942K)

>And here is the most insteresting visual effect, IRIS activation
>It is difficult to explain in words so I won't
What a tease

>they had an entire file dedicated to them
There was a file where you had pink-hair following you doing and saying fuck-all where you save blue-hair.
That's not character. That's plot device. Learn the difference.

>we tweaked and tweaked as much as time would allow
Ahh, so the game was unfinished

Just because you are an zoomer with the attention span of a goldfish doesn't mean anything, retard.

Are you actually retarded or just pretending?

Attached: 1419190745461.gif (300x290, 1.74M)

So just retarded, good to know.

>All this shitposting.
Yes, more proof of the game success.

There is definitely one retard COPING hard this game is a success

Only reason why it’s gone on this long.

>STOP NOT LIKING THING THAT'S SHITPOSTING
You zoomers are so silly
Do keep throwing the same buzzwords around over and over while utterly failing, over and over, to say how the game is actually any good

Attached: 1510930230115.gif (499x488, 98K)

Akira has always been a little bitch, it boils over at that moment.
He’s way too much of a little bitch to join you in a big damn heroes moment. That’s his lowest point and his redemption comes afterwards because he does save you. He also doesn’t have control over his fusion because he’s not as good as you.
Fusion has 3 moves. Basic combo, explosion, and The Luce.
Chimeric activity calms down because now everyone has a Legion and can help suppress it, and Yoseph nor Jena are around to aggravate the situation. Remember the big outbreak in Zone 09 is directly caused by Yoseph.

I want to thigh fuck Sword Legion!

I've been thinking about buying this game anons.

The gameplay seems fun but the whole anime style throws me off. I hate weeb shit with a passion but I still might give it a try in the future.

>Akira has always been a little bitch, it boils over at that moment.
That's a fucking terrible excuse. Attacking you is completely inconsistent with Akira's motivations and comes out of fucking nowhere, even with all the clone bullshit and the revelation that they themselves are a clone.

>I hate weeb shit with a passion
The game is at least 75% cutscenes and talking to animu NPC's.
The combat is nothing to write home about.
Skip it.

Oh cool I had to do the ingredient gathering again but the combat mission I did was saved.

If you really hate anime that much the story will kill you. Its anime overload.

If you can survive until File 12 there's no more story and just like 70 missions of kill everything on the map

But I like the little witch movies and hate the little witch series
What do I fall under.

The fact they just take one of the clones to replace him felt so odd to me.

He pushes you in File 3 because he’s envious. He’s aggro as hell when he’s insecure, and he just found out the power he’s put so much stock in is a lie. His whole character is misdirected manlet rage.

Thanks anons, you just saved me $60

Attached: 34242422.jpg (1280x960, 145K)

They really should have made him feel more powerful after getting the Raven armor.

They play him up like he is better than you now, then immediately make him a bitch that cant do anything again

Akira's entire character is that they want to be strong enough to protect the main character. That's their entire reason for existence.

Their power isn't a lie, it's theirs, it just activated as a result of death. Their reaction to literally everything in the final chapter is buttfucking retarded

>because now everyone has a Legion
How? You killed the elite chimera hunting unit who had all the legions made after neuron's broke free, you trashed the researh institute and killed the head of legion research plus there is now only one person who can savely enter the astral plane instead of an entire squad.

If anything it should've gotten way worse since Raven was gone.

Talk to the people at the station. They all have Legions now.

I guess there were left over Pokeballs the Ravens were using

After the ARI reopened, they made new ones.
Pretty much all Neuron officers have legions in file 12

I dunno, apparently some people already lose to him in the cleanup race.

Well his character arc is losing sight of that but eventually pulling through and genuinely protecting you. The moment where he fights you is his lowest point.

APOLOGIZE

Attached: Jena.jpg (1280x720, 179K)

But Lappy is literally Marie.

She was a massive fucking retard.

If you wanted people to see you as someone trying to help people maybe dont blow up cities and talk about how great it is that the Earth is being torn apart

How about just tell people what you are actually trying to do instead of crying "SEE I WARNED YOU!" when you lose

What kind of ridiculous conspiracy theory is that?
No way she is Lappy!

Attached: EEE0rBHVAAIftZJ.jpg (1451x2048, 246K)

I just did an R3 with every researcher type. R3 ARI

>The moment where he fights you is his lowest point
You keep saying that but it doesn't mean anything. It's also not even remotely true. Akira's lowest point is losing their legion and having to be rescued by you. Their highest point is rescuing you. At the end of File 11 Akira still has their power and the main revelation (they're a clone) has no reason to effect them in the way that it does.

It's terribly forced, and it didn't need to be. All they had to do was have Yoseph convincing Akira that you're in league with Jena or generally doing bad shit and you'd have an actually interesting conflict within their savior complex, having to choose between you and the world

Instead it's "Man, I'm so glad I have a legion now and can protect yo-OH SHIT LOOK AT ALL THE ME'S REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DIE"

Incest when