Here's your latest TF2 update bro

>here's your latest TF2 update bro
LOL COMMUNITY MAKE US UNUSUAL EFFECTS COS OUR STAFF FUCKING BTFOD THE PRICES OF THE LAST SET FROM 2010 INTO THE MARIANA TRENCH HAHA
what the fuck? where is the heavy update? HOW CAN WE FIX TF2?!?!?!

Attached: valveeveryone.png (1894x931, 1.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/2018-10-25-team-fortress-2008-mod-transports-tf2-back-in-time-and-its-coming-to-steam
youtube.com/watch?v=oiuyhxp4w9I
youtube.com/watch?v=u966Rzk69hs
discord.gg/rKDV7Nw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's fucking gay

>It's real
All my fucking wow.
So how much longer til they say "fuck it." Pull a Bethesda, and just let the community fix the spaghetti code for them?

Not likely. They shut down a community project aimed at bringing back 2008's TF2 and it got strangled in the womb.
eurogamer.net/articles/2018-10-25-team-fortress-2008-mod-transports-tf2-back-in-time-and-its-coming-to-steam

that was only because the devs were retarded enough to try putting a leaked 2008 build, which wasn't even heavily modified, onto Steam. Compare TF2 Classic, which has been kept alive despite currently being in an update limbo just like the real game.

>People are STILL playing Hat Simulator 2
>People are STILL defending Valve's jewery

Just don't buy the hats retard
It's a fun game at its core, better than any other class shooter

hi TF2 developer!

What games do you play

>caring about Shill Fortress 2 when Overwatch exists
Oh nice update there hatdrones! Don't forget to buy your keys and crates! Gaben has lost a kilo this month and we don't want him to starve!

>calling tf2 dead and then immediately pivoting to an overwatch ad
Desperation

thought this shit was a proper blog post for a second, fuck off no-one cares about the news tab. it's been their "shit that isn't important" page forever.

Oh, I'd care more about my dead game if I were you lol

>playing overwatch
even if tf2 was dead in the ground i would rather not play any video games than play that boring game

>update queued
>this happens

Attached: death.jpg (640x1216, 31K)

How contrarian of you

>Community maps still dead
Fuck.

Attached: NCdoom - Copy.jpg (427x496, 60K)

i don't care if it's contrarian or if it's the most popular opinion around. characters are uninspired design wise, being at worst boring and at best bland. there are a few outliers and characters that i do genuinely like, such as reinhardt and zenyatta. and no, "i want to stick my peepee in it" does not make an interesting character. i'd fuck the shit out of mei but she just isn't cool. the personalities of characters fall on either the side of "change the world, yeah, make a better future together!" or "grr i'm angsty" and it's hard to actually get any meaningful character interaction in game because for some reason opposing factions are on the same team for no reason.
gameplay is boring as fuck. movement is too simplified in areas such as explosive jumping. whereas soldier would have to actually practice to rocket jump and has more freedom, pharah simply presses a button and ascends straight up. that one concussive rocket ain't shit. junkrat's demoman type sticky jumping is fun enough, but given that it's actually free without needing any health removes a certain need of planning and dumbs down the game a bit more.
all the weapons feel like trash. the only shotgun that feels like a shotgun is torbjorn's pistol alt-fire, all the rest feel like i pulled a party popper at my enemy. autofire weapons are most fun when used to mow down hordes, and even if they are used in that way, they just don't feel good in this game. the best one is probably genji's, and that's just because you have the option on fire types. 76's is also pretty good, comparatively.
ults are dumb as shit for the most part as well. getting a button that greatly swings the fight in your advantage can be a fun mechanic. it's why medic is such an important class in tf2. but when everyone has that capacity, it becomes less of a "how do i counter that" and more "is my button going to be ready to beat his button?"
in short; i don't care how many players your game has. it's bad, i don't like it.

Pathetique

Calm down, hatfag.

i don't wanna a update now....

It's just a community event, OP is a faggot as usual.

I'd say they're lazy
but they probably just ran out of ideas with the unusual effects
I mean they were already stretching it with gen 4
unusuals effects are ugly anyway, thanks for spending money to make it easier for me to see your head

didnt read that, will never read that

>unusual particles
Alright senpaitachi imma bout to hang myself.
See ya

Attached: 1566678407783.png (128x126, 29K)

you forgot the gif

Attached: watchandlearn.gif (480x270, 2.46M)

lmao. Its not contrarian. Stop living inside a box

if your eyes saw it, your brain saved it anyway

alright what video is this from
there's millions of gmod vids out there

i only looked at the very top and then replied, my brain remains safe

>not playing a good game because Yea Forums told you to hate it is not contrarianism
>refusing to move on is not contrarianism
lolo

youtube.com/watch?v=oiuyhxp4w9I

I love these.

Attached: My sides.webm (912x656, 891K)

N-New weapons? P-PLEASE!!!!

Attached: Nope.gif (640x480, 2.59M)

OW has yet to provide a hero that feels as satisfying to use for me as Heavy, the closest is Roadhog

calm down retard

Mate Overwatch is legitimately boring and I'm saying this as someone who would love a good alternative to TF2. Fact is they are very different games and the thing that gets people hooked on TF2 is flat out not present in Overwatch.

And what is that mysterious thing that hooks people on TF2? Retarded cosmetics? Friendlies? Idling?

>1st Place: 30 TF2 Keys

Attached: file.png (1024x576, 135K)

Good movement-based combat you dense fucker. Why do you think this game got popular before any of that other shit even existed?

>Good movement-based combat
lol the things hatdrones make up to defend their shilling

Why is Overwatch the better game?

>the devs actually care
>heroes have better kits and more variety
>the game gets more polished as time passes instead of constantly downgrading
>gameplay is more fluid
>better mechanics

sounds false, user. why are you lying

What's wrong with the statement? The only classes without any mobility options are Heavy, Sniper and Spy. That's ignoring things that give speed boosts as well.

Nigger, do you even the play the game you are talking about? Optimal Overwatch plays these days is having barriers out the ass then pressing Q around a team fight. Granted, TF2 has a problem with how Ubercharge is needed on the medic, but I don't think anything has ever gotten as bad as the GOATs meta or what the game is currently stuck with.
t.Roadhog player who is still fucking salty.

>devs actually care
Your events are reruns with new skins and occasionally a new character. They care exactly as much as the TFdevs care, there's just more of them.
>heroes have better kits
How?
>more variety
No. Each hero is locked into their loadout. With TF2's modular loadouts, there is much more variety.
>the game gets more polished as time passes instead of constantly downgrading
It gets more stuff added, but is that polish? If you're talking characters, that goes alongside TF2's weapons. You could view them as an upgrade or a downgrade. And don't tell me about custom lobbies. That shit should've been in to begin with.
>gameplay is more fluid
How?
>better mechanics
Which ones?

Sounds coping, user. Why are you seething?

>What's wrong with the statement?
If you want "Movement based combat" just play Quake.

>Optimal Overwatch plays these days is having barriers out the ass then pressing Q around a team fight.
Just adapt, bro. Pick Sombra or something. I love how you faggots knowingly play an ability-based shooter and then complain about people using them.

Why adapt to boring shit meta when there are much better games to play?

>unusual particles
Heh so this is their "solution" to the glitched unusual hats. Just take something is that isn't unusual and make it unusual.

>If you want "Movement based combat" just play Quake.
But what if I want to do that with a "team" twist? That's exactly what led to the original TF mod.

BUY MORE HATS DRONE

>Your events are reruns with new skins and occasionally a new character. They care exactly as much as the TFdevs care, there's just more of them.
Better than releasing fucking EFFECTS as a content patch, that;s for sure Lol
>How?
Their abilities blend together better than the shit in TF2
>No. Each hero is locked into their loadout. With TF2's modular loadouts, there is much more variety.
lol more than half of the items are suboptimal and the others are just better, Try again
>It gets more stuff added, but is that polish? If you're talking characters, that goes alongside TF2's weapons. You could view them as an upgrade or a downgrade. And don't tell me about custom lobbies. That shit should've been in to begin with.
Im talking about how TF2 actually runs and looks worse over the years.
>How?
It runs and feels better. Stop asking stupid questions.
>Which ones?
The ones that actually require skill, something that TF2 lacks.

For the same reason you faggots still play a dead game.

There are team modes, too. Stop moving the goalposts

>There are team modes, too. Stop moving the goalposts
Those devolve into mini duels with an objective rather than an actual team game though.

>playing TF2
>in 2019
The best part of TF2 in the past decade was the crate bug, I made 200 bucks off that, and if hat prices ever go back to normal I'll make another 50.

I can't imagine being dumb enough to play this shit after it went F2P.

It's absolutely unreal that anything Blizzard still has fans. Are you all beaten wives?

Stop moving the goalposts, man.

No, we just like living and good games.

Are you seriously telling me with a straight face that the team modes in Quake have the same level of team work as TF2 or even Overwatch?

based

They require a different flavor of teamwork, yes.
You want movement combat? Play Quake. End of story.

Ok, mr self-appointed authority.

I've bought hats, but only if there were under 50 cents. Everything else are ones I got while playing scream fortress.

>EFFECTS as a content patch
But that's a community event, and they stopped doing full on community patches. And effectively, it's the same.
>Their abilities blend together better than the shit in TF2
I'd say they blend together on pretty similar levels.
>lol more than half of the items are suboptimal and the others are just better, Try again
But there is variety. It doesn't matter if they're suboptimal, as there are characters in Overwatch that are suboptimal. If we went with that argument, there is still less variety in Overwatch since you are drastically cutting down the hero pool.
>Im talking about how TF2 actually runs and looks worse over the years.
And Overwatch looks better? Still ran the same as it did on release on my machine a few months ago when I last played it before uninstalling.
>It runs and feels better.
I'll give you that it runs better, but that isn't really gameplay, is it? As for that, guns in the game feel like nothing and movement is delegated to the push of a button in most cases with little thinking required. It's boring.
>ones that actually require skill
And this is where it's cemented that you're either an ebin troll or Jeff fucking Kaplan. You can not look at a jump video and tell me with a straight face that Pharah's jetpacking takes more skill. You can not look at a Medic purposefully taking sentry aggro while ubered and tell me that Reinhardt holding up his shield takes more skill. You can not look at Engineer wrangler jumping into spots to sneak a sentry and tell me that Torbjorn's armor placement takes more skill. You can not look at Scout dodging projectiles left and right and tell me Tracer blinking through them takes more skill. Enjoy your Hot Pockets or your Blizzard money. We're done here.

>THATS IT! THE BLIZZARD FAN HAS DEFEATED ME! HATS ARE NOT ENOUGH PAYMENT FOR THIS SHIT! IM OUT OF HERE!
Pretty sad. I came here to argue in good faith, and all I get is the constant droning of Valve fanboys who can't let go. Sad.

>I came here to argue in good faith
You're fooling exactly 0 people.

user you have serious mental problems

how is a medic standing still while a sentry shoots him high skill? you can do literally the exact same thing in OW by just holding a shield in front of a torb turret, and it's so easy a fucking bronze could do it. scout is literally just low skill genji btw.
you also very obviously don't play the game, talking about torbs fucking armor placement.

Are you hurt?

What a fucking dead turd holy shit

Attached: 1566343606328.png (206x225, 71K)

>I came here to argue in good faith
Why even pretend?

I fell down the stairs earlier so yes i guess

GABEN! Can we have new weapons please?

Attached: New_Weapons_Soldier.jpg (600x600, 32K)

i don't think Yea Forums would mind this update if content updates weren't so scarce at this point

Attached: mario_party_on_the_onpu_block.jpg (1068x1344, 823K)

>playing valveshit past their betas
this is the future you choose

Attached: cringe.png (621x814, 1.09M)

Attached: please.png (480x271, 197K)

Sure, here’s your reskins.

TF2 is dead.
Not big surprise.

Holy shit, really? That is your fucking grand prize for winning this shit? Effectively $75 worth of valve funbucks you can only use to open boxes?
What fucking joke.

>valve makes thousands off this cuck's particle and he'll make $75 of funbucks
valve is worse than EA and has been for years

The only people pretending itt are the guys pretending to still play TF2

>hatdrone is a clumsy oaf
Figures

MAKE IT STOP

Attached: angry odoggo.png (1165x711, 920K)

NO, SOLDIER.

HGJFJDJDKDKDJWKKRF

Attached: AC47763E-6483-4E82-9D1A-6A73700AF31B.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

I mean, you got to hand it to them

It is a really fucking good scam. Get some loser to do all of your work for you, and compensate them with monopoly money they can only spend buying objects from your store that don't cost anything to produce.

I wouldn't really say I'm clumsy since it happened because someone split water on the stairs
But keep projecting user

>playing overwatch when even fucking paladins is better than it despite being 90% ductape
tf2 has the potential to be better than both if valve would fucking focus on it again, but overwatch is the worst option by far

>hatdrone is blind and can't see liquids on the stairs
Figures.

did u know; this event is a contest ran by the fans with no guarantee that the things made for it will get into game? and if they do, valve pays them with actual money for it? it'd be like if one of ur overwatch streamers held a contest to design a skin, and gave out lootboxes as a prize to the winners, but then blizzard contacted the winner to pay them for the skin idea and made it a real thing.
except u can trade keys for other items and sell them for paypal money if you want, whereas the only way to do the same in overwatch is to sell ur whole account

>tfw finally uninstalled
>tfw we will never go back to the game the way it was before the Uber Update
I'm sad, bros. I loved this game, but I just can't wait any longer for a substantial update, nor can I bare to continue playing the game as it is.
So long TF2, you've kept me occupied for 10 whole years. I wish it didn't have to end.

Attached: 95% chance to hit.png (428x456, 240K)

Why do ypu keep projection and moving the goalpost

why did you make this post after you already made a post in the thread, friend
the ip count didn't change

Why do you keep playing a shit dead game?

glad i uninstalled this piece of shit back when mym dropped

I'm not playing overwatch

OP that's just a community event that valve put up a post for

Attached: 1478041583406.jpg (2927x3000, 643K)

>No one tried to make a counter to your arguement but instead they're just seething and ignoring it
Pretty based you are lad.

based

>literally uses the no u! tactic
Hatman, please...

I'm laughing at your attempt to convice people that overwatch is better than tf2, keep going.

That's not what no u is user
You never mentioned what shit dying game and i was assuming you meant overwatch
So please stop projecting

have sex nerd

>0.0004 rusty metals were added to your inventory
Gaben wants din din, drones

Can I just add how generic and faggy the fucking music in. God damnit I hate the le superhero trend, and that's what it is. Generic superhero music, the main theme really annoys me. It reminds me of fortnite or avengers shit.

sorry for calling you out shitpostkun

youtube.com/watch?v=u966Rzk69hs

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (1280x720, 39K)

Literally how is this the first time that anyone's done this?
It's funny but I mean i expected the idea for this to have already been animated before.

Attached: 1563163478447.jpg (520x960, 30K)

lol this is just ....

Same, I got in when the Scout update hit.
I'll always remember hopping onto an achievement server to get the Race for the Pennant achievement and lagging to shit on my mom's crappy laptop, how far the Force-A-Nature used to send players flying way further on-hit, how the Sandman flat-out stunned players instead of "spooking" them and could even ignore Ubercharge.

I work within the TF2 workshop.

It was our idea.

good job ruining the game, cunts

discord.gg/rKDV7Nw

>Hey, people keep complaining about all we're doing is adding particles that ruin the art style
>Particles? What a great idea, potted plant!

Attached: 4eb.gif (1200x675, 1.96M)

Fuck you, then.

Attached: 1561313771480.png (248x262, 9K)

THE HEAVY IS DEAD???

It's not an update
Which means the workshop will be bloated with more shitty unusual effects that won't be fucking touched ever.

The golden era was the Sniper vs. Spy update for me, senpai. I didn't even realise wtf a fancy fedora was when someone got it dropped, I completely ignored the hat meme. Overall, I was happy with muh new weapons, hats weren't that big of a deal until they started monetising them (and they fucked with the silhouette design, but eh..)

Attached: amazing.png (1903x933, 1024K)

SCREAM FORTRESS WHEN?

I wonder if this is meant as a fuck you by the team because of the glitch crates.

Attached: 89cy1kms5d211.jpg (500x320, 22K)

Yes
He was killed

Alright cunts
I'm getting back into TF2 for the first time in ages
Thinking of maining Soldier or Medic
Is Vaccinator still broken? Any new weapons I should know about? Last thing that I remember was the End of the Line

Don't quote me on it, but I think around Halloween.

YES
*smacks desk*
HE
DIED

dont bother playing

yeah you better apologise

How about you just answer the fucking question

He did

Pyro got three new weapons, Dragon's Fury's been nerfed too hard, a jetpack that can be useful for ambushes, and a jerrycan that's useless. Heavy has a banana that I find more useful than the sandvich.
Vaccinator is still a pub stomper since no one ever knows how to counter it.

Not that user, but really, you shouldn't.
tf2 is a desiccated husk of its former self.
As much as I hate this meme, it is quite literally soulless. Gone are the comfy community servers, all that are left is the sterile matchmaking. Nobody is on mic, nobody is talking shit, the most communication you will get is somebody asking to buy your hat.
TF2 is fucking dead, going back now would just depress you.

Bloody hell my fucking sides are in orbit

HOOP DE DOO

>We will never have TF3
>We will never have the final issue of the comic
Kill me.

>HOW CAN WE FIX TF2?!?!?!

Remove cosmetics
Remove every post 2010 weapon
Ban every faggot that gives a fuck about trading and shinny things like you

There you go, fixed.

Attached: 6573801.050000001_cabezabuque.jpg (345x345, 18K)

it's a community event, it's not an actual update by valve you dope.

later.

Attached: 1564519686284.gif (536x528, 3.27M)

I should say remove all misc and unusal and that about it

this is a community event hosted by trannies you Mongoloid assgoblin

>Overnigger can't read.

>I went to the playground and started jacking it in broad daylight.
Jesus user what the fuck is wrong with you, you pedophile.

im sorry your autism makes you feel obliged to read retarded blocks of text on the internet, and im sorry that my genetics are so superior to yours

They hated user because he told them the truth

Whatever your mommy tells you to get your mind off your low grades sport.

this post reeks of unsuccessful cope. keep on reading those giant tardblocks though, you aren't addicted

THE HEAVY UPDATE IS DEAD