Improves things better than the original

>Improves things better than the original
>people still hate it

Attached: 51RuKFbjiEL._SY445_.jpg (313x445, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DP29E9MljaE
youtu.be/SoEFrlsAlyM
youtube.com/watch?v=1evsES3er0U
youtube.com/watch?v=pBVYLClYe64
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First person mode and hanging off ledges to drop down a level ruins the pacing and difficulty. The new voice acting is terrible and the cutscenes are too self-indulgent. Twin Snakes sucks my dick.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Improves things

Fuck you I liked it.

Are there any rom sites left for gc?

i literally found it in youtube

the only things the original is still better is the soundtrack and voice acting, thats it, i dont see how the hanging mechanics ruins the difficulty.

How not to remake a game

Ryuhei Kitamura is a top tier director and responsible for classic Jap action films like Versus, Aragami and Azumi. He wasn't hired against Kojima's wishes, Kojima hand picked him himself because he makes such great films. The cutscenes in Twin Snakes are so good they make this shitty game worth playing.

>You start with maximum HP and ammo cap, instead of "leveling up" after each boss fight.
>the new voice acting and soundtrack suck.
>the new localization sucks ass, is pretty much direct Jap-to-English shit now.
>The MGS2 controls and moves, in unaltered MGS1 environments and enemy placements = the game becomes piss easy.
>The bossfights are ruined, since you can now simply snipe them with your handgun.
>The added Dogtag collecting has no purpose at all, unlike in MGS2.
>Cutscenes are way too fucking crazy, being filled with 5 meter 360 double backflips and Matrix slowmotion.
>tons of added "humor", which just ruins the characters and mood.
>Looks fugly; everything's just gray and cyan now, ruining the cold and dark industrial mood the original has. The 3D models look waxy dolls.
Sure is a huge "improvement" there, m8.

Attached: mgs vs ts ragesnake.jpg (450x505, 41K)

youtu.be/DP29E9MljaE

kino

Original VA was better. Kojima is just butt hurt because he doesn't understand the nuances of English well enough to localize it himself.
>he actually wanted the English VA for MGS3 to learn Russian, since technically (lore wise) everyone besides the radio calls are speaking Russian to each other.

Attached: 1569197874117.jpg (428x428, 91K)

You actually like the new OST?

no, i played the original first and the soundtrack placement in the orifinal is a lot better but the mechanics itself its better

Twin snakes is Audio and Visual kino

youtu.be/SoEFrlsAlyM

As someone already pointed out, having the mgs2 mechanics in the mgs1 world breaks the game.
They should've redesigned the levels entirely to account of the new mechanics. Then I think it would have been better received beyond being the butt of the franchise.

Attached: 1568700364267m.jpg (1024x853, 126K)

>"enhanced remake"
>doesn't even have everything the original game did
pass. even before all of the autistic stuff like putting PS1 levels in a ps2 game engine or the cutscenes that ruin the character and themes of snake for literal slapstick gags or the bad controls due to the gamecube having less buttons than a playstation controller, or the phoned in voice acting, it can't ever be called a replacement for the original game because it doesn't actually have everything that game did due to the shitty american dev they outsourced it to running out of money/time

those are fucking huge reasons for a mgs game

>i dont see how the hanging mechanics ruins the difficulty.
Serious question. Have you ever played the original? Large parts of the way that games rooms are designed are based around the fact snake can't leave solid ground. if you're on an elevated walkway (of which there are dozens in this game) If you have a guard coming and you're cornered against a wall you will get seen unless you shoot him from a distance (and on harder difficulties guards will see you before you can easily shoot them because there's no first person aiming, just autoaim from a top down view).

in twin snakes you can just jump over the ledge (or even better, crawl along the bottom) and escape the guards view. it completely changes how the game works. in several rooms just getting down to a lower level is the entire challenge

youtube.com/watch?v=1evsES3er0U
youtube.com/watch?v=pBVYLClYe64

It's shit

the only reason people pretend twin snakes is at all relevent is that the US version of MGS4 uses that audio track for all the flashbacks because konami of america was recording in someones closet and their microphones picked up tons of background noise

jp version and every collection and re-release of the series uses the ps1 game for a reason.

MGS1 has a great variety in colors while twin snakes is grey everywhere.

plus meryl has exposed nipples in the ps1 version but not twin snakes, fuck that noise

The funny thing is that with time no one will remember this game, it'll be a historical curiosity like Snake's Revenge for the NES. We can argue about it forever on boards like this but it doesn't matter, it's like the Vince Vaughan 1998 shot-for-shot remake of 1960's Psycho. ("it's in colour, so it's technically superior to the original!!") Yeah, it exists, but what the fuck were they thinking?

Attached: 9D4029A1-C1F2-4E0B-B0D4-D40D7A39DDF9.jpg (600x400, 56K)

>plus meryl has exposed nipples in the ps1 version but not twin snakes
okay, i'm giving you on that one

snakes revenge is a great sequel to the original metal gear and a much better game with a lot of elements that introduced a lot of stuff that would go in to later games (like having both an unarmed punch and a knife with different tradeoffs)

it's just that metal gear 2 fucking blows it out of the water

It's pretty much already there. Even within the mgs community it is more of a comical novelty. I've never heard of anyone suggesting a new player to play TTS over MGS1.

Attached: 1568199097956.jpg (582x586, 144K)

>born and raised in America
>speaks with a Chinese accent

A lot of 2nd generation immigrants still have accents. Obviously not as thick as first generation, but it's not uncommon.

Yeah yeah, your shitty pacman clone has been ruined. Come play a real stealth game, zoomboi.

Convinced me to try it out, thanks user

like what, splinter cell?

i'll trade a somewhat racist mei ling voice for literally every other character not sounding like they just took cold medicine before stepping up to the mic like in twin snakes

this dumb shit you posted doesn't even make sense cuz twin snakes is less of a stealth game than metal gear solid always was. you can just headshot every solider from a mile away where they can't see you and the new mechanics let you just skip most of the levels

Lol after being told the new mechanics ruin the gameplay you resort to WELL I DON'T LIKE IT. What a nigger.

Hmmm the first metal gears sound interesting even though i never liked 2d games like that, only Mario like games, might give it a try.

You shits can't really tell he is falseflaging

Im part of the crowd who subscribes to the idea that hammed up MGS is the better experience.

Attached: EE_yLGsU8AACDdE.png (500x500, 221K)

>worse voice acting
>worse music
>retarded cutscenes
>broken mechanics
I don't think so.

metal gear 2 is so good and so groundbreaking that it put kojima on the map (in japan) and when it came time to make another metal gear game he basically just remade it in 3D and ironed out some of the more annoying parts

twin snakes is less hammy in the voice acting through, it just has snake doing more flips and there are some gags

>turns MGS1 into a bollywood movie.

Yeah, not really.

this. TTS is dogshit

The Twin Snakes was my first MGS game. I was completely uninformed at the time and I thought the fact that it was called "The Twin Snakes" and had two discs inside meant that it was the first two MGS games so I thought it was a good starting point.

After playing it I liked it enough to go on to the other MGS games, including the original, so keep that in mind before I say this: I really don't understand why this game gets such a bad rap. Is it just nostalgia?

The MGS2 mechanics can be almost entirely ignored. When I picked up the game my friend advised me not to use first person in Revolver Ocelot's fight or it would ruin it. So I didn't. Just because an option's there doesn't mean you have to use it.

The music is different and worse in terms of memorability but I liked that there were unique themes for each area. If there was an option to swap to the original's music that would be nice, though.

Then there's the cutscenes. I think people really exaggerate how bad they are because they only remember the 360 noscope, nikita jumping, and the doorway flip. Those are really the most egregious examples which is why everyone points them out but the rest of the scenes are not nearly as bad. Even then everyone acts like Metal Gear is some kind of realistic series where people can't do action moves when it's been ham as fuck since day 1.

Finally that just leaves the graphics, and that's a matter of opinion. I can see why people like the original but I prefer the remake's.

Attached: ralph.png (633x477, 239K)

Vulcan Raven, Liquid, Hayter Snake, and Psycho Mantis is strong evidence against that.

>it's not a weakness, it's more of a weak point
Seriously what the fuck is with this line? Is there some sort of reference or jap fuckery that didnt make it through the translation process?

I never had a PS1, and ended up playing MGS2 and 3 first, before getting Twin Snakes for my Gamecube. I don't see the problem with Twin Snakes either. The wacky flips and shit seemed par for course after the shit I saw in 2 and 3.

This, twin snakes is not a perfect game but its not as bad like everyone makes it look like, the cutscenes are not overexaggerated, in fact they are at the same level with the rest of the games

This, only people assblasted with TTW are console warring niggers. They try to come up with anything to shit on it.

Attached: 1565505115282.png (226x226, 123K)

Exactly, I mean after people see the MGS3 motorcycle scenes I don't know how they can say TTS somehow doesn't belong in that same series.

I don't think anyone complaining about the aiming actually played it, otherwise they would've noticed they also used the MGS2 ai, meaning you can't just headshot everyone without an alert being raised because they'd miss a status report. They also would've noticed ammo drops are much lower and enemies are more resistant to body shots meaning you can just mash square in their general direction to take out everything.

>Just because an option's there doesn't mean you have to use it.
First: this isn't an argument. You may as well say that dynasty warriors is hard if you play it with your feet instead of your hands.
Second: It's not even true that you can just ignore the gameplay changes because twin snakes removes or alters just as much as it adds. The level up mechanic is gone, guards are less damaging and have a limited number that can spawn during alerts, even if you don't use first person mode you kill them more easily. All of these things combine to mean that one of the main mechanics in the original (scavening and saving onto supplies as you go through enemy territory) is gone because you can now hold tons of ammo and healing items and you go through them more slowly. I could go on but this is the big one that effects the game constantly and can't be dealt with.

> Those are really the most egregious examples
No the most egregious examples are when they add random jokes that make no sense when there wasn't any before. Professional to the point of callous solid snake throws a tantrum when the armstech president forgets something. During the otacon ending his newfound resolve is undercut by him comically prat-falling for a good 10 straight seconds down a hill. When snake is captured by sniper wolf one of the guards hits him in the head and then snake has time to react and angrily walk over the solider before suddenly passing out like something out of three stooges.

> Even then everyone acts like Metal Gear is some kind of realistic series where people can't do action moves when it's been ham as fuck
The mistake you and many other people make is thinking that just because something has wacky stuff in it that it's okay if it's cartoon world where absolutely no realism needs to apply. The ryuhei kitamura chanbara stuff in twin snakes is pretty good sometimes in a vaccum, I'm a big fan of versus. The problem is that it doesn't fit the tone of the rest of the game at all.

Here's the thing, metal gear solid could very easily be a tom clancy novel if you took an editor to it. All of the wacky magic powers and nuke shooting robots and nanomachines are just stuff that exists in order to come up with obstacles in a video game. You could remove all of it and just keep the story of "terrorists infiltrate a US military base and hold nukes hostage, man is sent to stop them, things don't go as expected" unmolested. It would probably be pretty boring, but you could do it. MGS isn't deus ex but it's also not devil may cry.

Second, and more importantly, the wacky action hero shit snake does actively goes against his character and one of the main themes of the game. Yes, everyone in foxhound does insane shit all the time. The point is that snake doesn't do that shit and WINS ANWAY. He's the inferior brother after all, he's just a guy who manages to do the impossible from a combination of skill, experience, and determination. That's what made him one of the most famous video game characters of all time overnight. By having snake be just as magic and over the top as everyone else you ruin that contrast.

Plus, a lot of the times the crazy shit snake does is just showing off and less effective than what snake does in the original, like when he does a literal 360 noscope, or when he does an elaborate ninja flip to get past someone looking through a peephole instead of just crouching under it where they couldn't see.

>zoomer
>not preferring the newer game

Attached: babby.png (603x600, 384K)

it's true they technically used the MGS2 AI, however they didn't design the game around it like MGS2.

Biggest example of this is the room design. There are no more preprogrammed ways the guards clear out every room in the game meaning its a lot easier to hide from them. In most rooms they only reinforce people in alert from one possible entrance (vs the circular big shell design). the way the rooms are set up often leaves it so you can headshot guards from well outside their effective range by being too far from them or above/below them (big shell is very cramped by comparison and a lot more spread out vs the vertical layout of MGS1). Even if you're going to pretend first person aiming doesn't exist you can still use the sniper rifle with a lot more freedom in how high up/down you can aim than you could in the original, and this game even added a tranq sniper along with the silenced tranq pistol that doesn't cause guards to freak out

it's true that you can miss status reports, but since you aren't needing to backtrack through rooms as often as MGS1 you can usually just take out the guards and leave before anyone calls in (especially because of mechanics like hanging that let you vault through the levels faster) them taking a bit more hits to kill is only true if you play both games on the lower difficulties, and they do a lot less damage while you have a lot more ammo compared to MGS1

also you can roll at guards and melee them a lot more than you can in MGS2 for whatever reason, and since they often tried to stick with the same number of guards the original PS1 game had for rooms (when that was just a hardware limit) you generally have less soldiers in an area than you would in MGS2

Oh, I thought of another good one. When snake is fighting against rex he literally jumps several stories up and kicks the cockpit. but then because you still need to fight the boss the same way as the original game this does nothing at all and he starts shooting it with missles in gamplay. it makes snake look like a retard who thought he could kick several tons of steel and actually make a dent

The reason being they can't licence TS anymore since silicon Knights had gone down the shitter, retard.

>Second, and more importantly, the wacky action hero shit snake does actively goes against his character and one of the main themes of the game. Yes, everyone in foxhound does insane shit all the time. The point is that snake doesn't do that shit and WINS ANWAY. He's the inferior brother after all, he's just a guy who manages to do the impossible from a combination of skill, experience, and determination. That's what made him one of the most famous video game characters of all time overnight. By having snake be just as magic and over the top as everyone else you ruin that contrast.
He's not just an average guy, he's a clone of the greatest soldier who ever lived. He's assumed to be in top human physical condition with a 180 IQ. He might not have magic powers or nanomachines but he is far from ordinary and it's not hard to believe he can do acrobatic maneuvers. He even does some in the original too! He somersaults out of the way of one of Vulcan Raven's shells like a ninja when TTS actually changes this so he gets hit by it.

Attached: b-but snake doesn't do ninja moves in the original.jpg (944x1725, 131K)

it's the superior version, the original doesn't even have tranqs so it's barely an MGS game

People are still mad it's not on PS2 because their mother wouldn't purchase them a Gamecube

>b-but this one time that isn't outrageous
360 noscope
jumping off a missile
jumping 4 stories to kick a robot in the face
backflipping over a bullet at point blank range
either just magically ignoring being literally set on fire or magically dispelling some kind of illusion

and since it's on gamecube the controls are busted because you only have two shoulders instead of four

Holy fuck you're a retard.

Attached: 1568610660022.jpg (1430x848, 103K)

Not an argument.

Also no pressure face buttons.

What did kojima mean by this?

Racist how? Do you fucks in fly over country not have Chinese people around you? They sound like that, there's nothing wrong with it.

There is nothing to argue with a retard.

Attached: 1567639780067.jpg (1280x1182, 91K)

I agree. Even 2nd generation immigrants will still retain much of their parents' accent. The amount depends on a lot of factors, but Mei Ling's accent isn't abnormal.

Attached: mgs_3_sabra_2004_6_24.jpg (362x512, 52K)

Fuck you, many people didn't, you attention whore.

Dozens, yes. Even the one that you think doesn't work still does. Go find it.

Attached: 1530813506775.jpg (1300x4240, 3.23M)

Usually this meme is bait, but in this case it is correct. The lighting and textures in TTS completely miss the atmosphere and point of MGS1.
It reminds me of the Halo 1 and 2 Anniversary graphics, completely missing the vibe of the originals.

Attached: 1569054946543.jpg (1080x1214, 714K)

quite simple. they added MGS2 mechanics without changing the level layouts to accommodate them. they also ruined a lot of the cutscenes and many of them were devoid of the emotion of the original.

>rides on a rocket that destroys a heli

Attached: large oof.jpg (960x736, 39K)

mei ling is literally chinese proverbs: the character. having a ching chong accent doesn't really make much of a difference

Based.

First person aiming completely destroys any semblance of stealth. And while MGS has always been over the top story and character wise, it never reached the autistic anime peaks of:
>Kick flipping off of an in flight missile.

Attached: DwarfBoobs.jpg (400x231, 71K)

That's why the only ones who defend it are Nintendo drones who's first game was TTS, and likely the only one they played.

>my friend told me not to do it
yeah because most people who play this game have friends that tell them not to do an included mechanic in the game. also you are asking if the people hate it because of nostalgia but go into a story about your own good nostalgic experiences.

>I really don't understand why this game gets such a bad rap. Is it just nostalgia?
Yes, for you.

Attached: 1568440707557.jpg (523x543, 62K)

compare what he does to every single other game and tell me it is the average behavior for snake

>First person aiming completely destroys any semblance of stealth
How do those things relate? Haven't played this btw.

The original was designed in an overhead isometric view in which you couldn't even see, let alone interact, with an enemy until they were 15 feet away. The remake keeps the exact same level design and enemy placement while allowing you to shoot them from 100 feet away. You can literally just stand at the entrance to every room, headshot every guard, and waltz through. It's broken as fuck.

Ah, I see...