Cube world thread

Will the autistic Kraut be able to fix the progression system in time?

Attached: 25FEB47E-0BFF-40B5-A0FE-EE479E4FE111.jpg (320x180, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/82aX5XmMYk0
youtube.com/watch?v=2R-gncoDAbs
youtu.be/yzGkAC5I6og
youtube.com/watch?v=utDhNcdd9D0
www53.zippyshare.com/v/XMFttfAQ/file.html
github.com/humanova/cw_datamine/tree/master/cw_demo/skill
youtube.com/watch?v=zNTyS-vjNlU
everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Progression_Servers_Mangler#Confirmed_Unlock_dates_for_Expansions
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

New update: got rid of region locking

Just kidding

Gear crossing over everywhere would legitimately be worse. You'd be more powerful than everything in the game within a few hours.

The retarded German couldve probably made more money if he
1. Released alpha with whatever bug fixes
2. Added mod support
But no

This. Don’t know why he just didn’t go the Diablo route where items scale to your level, wollay is retarded and a lazy hack

Good, everything in sight should fear us.

that wasnt a problem for the old game

This, just removing region locking wouldn't fix it.

Game needs to be scrapped and reverted back to the Alpha framwork.

He did originally, then decided this was better for some reason.

This game is pointless.
>Start off pathetically weak, struggle to kill anything
>Basically have to wait until an OP piece of gear drops
>It happens
>Rest of the game is irrelevant since you 1 shot everything
So uhh, how about some fucking balance and longevity?

Attached: 1469140934195.jpg (356x600, 100K)

But it can't because he's too stupid to switch the audio subsystem and Xaudio 2.8 is used because 2.7 apparently hardlocks windows 10, so it's 10 or 7 because he's that much of a fuckup of a coder.

Because enemies would infinitely scale upwards with you. This version has a hard cap on strength. Personally I never felt more powerful in alpha besides the first few levels and the occasional yellow item. But then you'd just level up and invalidate your gear again. It wasn't rewarding past like level 20 or so.

Yes and no. If your shit disappears in the middle of a dungeon, that is down right bad.

Am I the only one who thinks that this whole region locking thing must have been decided on really late in development? I actually like the idea but it just feels like none of the game was actually built around it.

If I was designing this I would have made weapons and armour carry over, but then have some other type of equipment you can find. Let's just say charms. These charms make up the zone progression, and they have various effects from standard stat boosts to weird special abilities. The ideal would be that every region you go to you'd end up with a different feeling build because there'd be a variety of different effects from charms. And as for weapon's and armour, they'd all be more or less the same in terms of how good they are, but they'd still be different from each other. So the player can have their favourite weapon that they use in every zone and that they customise, but it doesn't mess with the zone progression loop. And then I'd make artifacts actually interesting, nobody is going to get excited at a 2% increase to some inconsequential stat.

I feel like even the world/dungeon gen has been switched up to support the regional stuff. The onld worldgen felt more natural.

Why does it feel like the combat balance hasn't improved at all since alpha? Enemy staffs or boomerangs are still way more difficult than melee or projectiles it's ridiculous.

>must have been decided on really late in development?
Based on his twitter screenshots, all of the interesting shit came before the engine and progression overhaul. All of the good concepts were scrapped in favor of this infinite copy-paste exploration quest hell.

It's worked for [literally every other RPG in existence]

>Starbound revealed
>"Oh boy this is amazing, I can't wait to play Terraria in space"
>Dev changes it to try distance himself from the ludo that is Terraria
>Game turns out to be dogshit
>Play Terraria instead
>Cube World announced
>"Oh boy it's Terraria cubed, I can't wait to play"
>Dev changes it
>Game turns out shit

Terraria is clearly the pinnacle of gaming.

Attached: 1252363745856967.png (1366x768, 1.08M)

This beta fucking sucks, does anyone have the link to the alpha?

The only things that come to mind that could help fix this stuff is like:

>Exploration equipment like boats, the mount saddle, and glider do not stay region locked, and each time you grab another one from a new region, you upgrade their travel speed
>Armor and weapons don't become entirely useless on another region, they get half the stats on a nearby location instead, and if you find new one in that location, you can break the previous one down, and expand the regions it works on (all the regions from previous armor you put all stack together, so all the other regions from the past are allow the armor to work on them)
>Pets get stronger if they fit the region they're currently at
>Skills can be upgraded slightly with artifacts instead of getting a random useless stats in minimal amounts

Attached: Samus 80's training.webm (800x600, 524K)

Does rogue still have that backstabbing skill? I tried playing one and they seem terribly underwhelming compared to other classes

how do I play the alpha version from the mega file? it just brings up the steam page

Dude spent 6 months on the game MAX, wollay is just shit

If I were to ever make a game, it'd be Morrowind with BotW movement and exploration.

Attached: 1537837811169.png (296x405, 246K)

How about no.

People dug through his screenshots and saw the first races of it in January.

9 months wollay time is around 2 weeks for a competent developer. So yes, it was.

So you're saying there's a chance he might revert it in a few years?

>helpful people
>"some" bugs

Attached: KEK.png (649x320, 101K)

Yeah but you don't reach endgame within the first playsession. Progression would need another complete overhaul to fix in that way, since the entire progression system is start-to-finish in a single zone.

That's just bad world generation, and I'm glad I haven't encountered that yet.

like this :)

Attached: softlocked.png (1361x869, 735K)

It also took longer than 40 minutes to be capable of destroying everything in sight.

Tell Wollay to delay the release if he could make the game better. I'm willing to wait. As is, I'm not going to buy it.

I found a door like this but the item was so close to the door I could just grab the item through it. I never actually opened it. It was my first piece of gear I found too and it was purple I think

after 6 years of crying over a 15 minute ddos wollay finally came up with the ultimate progression system

Attached: trannycreampie.png (644x800, 15K)

If wollay isn’t a kike he will delay the game and rework his stupid retarded progression system but the most likely outcome is him fixing a few bugs and fuck all once the 30th is over and pray the modding community fixes it

Cube world is the nega-terraria in how it developed

>the game that I expected to be my dream game is going to get Mostly Negative on steam or Mixed at best
What a rollercoaster of emotions this past day has been.

Attached: 1468556578285.jpg (437x556, 68K)

boy do i enjoy flying my glider across an invisible world boundry miles in the air just to have it go POOF and me left plumiting to my death.

real aces on that

maybe there's a way he could make enemies outside of the starting zone stronger, and then provide a way for the player to gradually get strong enough to fight them?

>The game contains an NPC race of Sonics

Attached: HonicTheSedgehog.jpg (1921x1080, 376K)

Alright let's try and make ideas to fix this mess of a game.
First, our grievances:
>no solid progression system
>Zone/Region locks on gear
>Dungeons spawning between zones
>Taking hours to actually get on your feet
>Leveling
>Artifacts
>New combat system
With that out of the way, I was thinking about a way to fix the zone/region lock problem. Since there are "+" items in the game, we keep them in. However, they aren't zone locked, they become Kingdom locked. Kingdoms are already in Cube World, they are the basis behind the "+" items. If we Kingdom lock the items and then after completing near 100% of the lore, the game will ask if you would like to travel to another Kingdom, leaving your loot behind to start a new journey. That lets players choose if they want to stay where they are until 100% or leave the Kingdom and start anew. Tell me what you think

Attached: as.png (473x142, 14K)

Is that how it works? I could have sworn I had my glider equipped while walking across a boundary and it stayed equipped, but when I unequipped it I could no longer reequip it.

Wait is cube world bad now? I was waiting to pick it up once it went public because I never got it during the alpha.

Attached: 1494444939520.jpg (392x495, 46K)

yes, it's shit. Alpha was better, the beta has literally nothing that the alpha doesn't do better other than a bit of dungeon design.

post your faces when you didn't buy into the obvious scam game

Attached: 1530348250431.jpg (399x337, 36K)

It's...rough.

Attached: 1512248246795.jpg (659x536, 133K)

nah, you pass across that magical boundry and POOF all your gear/weapons/items are fucking gone unless you 100% clear the current map, and hey, if that dungeon is spread across two borders, well guess what kiddo, ya cant 100% clear that dungeon, so fuck you no items or weapons for you until you clear out the adjoining area.

enjoy your legendary tier staff that does 250 damage doing 1 damage to anything other than white mobs.

it would have been better if he used durability instead.
also the whole "boat disappears if you go over the border" thing needs to die.

Whats this self healing mechanic warriors have? Nothing's explained to the player.
Also the Guardian's mechanic of luring enemies in and blocking, only to retaliate with good damage is fun as hell. But what the fuck is the point of their taunt being their long cooldown ultimate in singleplayer?

Nope. Can't think of any way.

I can't even buy it right now.

Attached: 1446563333092.png (619x573, 394K)

youtu.be/82aX5XmMYk0

Reminder.

SHITPOSTERS BTFO

Attached: A6D54982-278D-4568-B092-737B4D931D89.jpg (750x562, 221K)

Just revert the basic gear progression to how it was in the alpha, then, make zones harder the further you go out. Turn the region locking shit into just upgrading the glider and whatnot than just having the boat disintegrate from your ass the instant you cross the border.

Attached: angry odoggo.png (1165x711, 920K)

kek

The system would be fine if artifacts had more impact. No one wants to destroy all their good equip just to get +1 swim speed. The loop currently isn't interesting enough either. You'll see almost everything after you first couple of region clears. Even something like DF or Caves of Qud style lore generation could make things interesting. Of course that will never happen because the world is static now.

That's why I'm suggesting more of a Kingdom based system. It's literally there in the game, I just don't know what he's going to do with it.

Also, what happened to the giant cities we were promised. I was looking all over the map for one. That's why we have Kingdoms right?

>Oh what's this? you've gone into another area? Fuck you, you cant defend yourself unless you book it to the nearest town. and you have to get the glider and boat again. Also to add more insult to injury you cant ride your pet.

What's the point of playing to explore if I'm just going to get punished for it?

Just balance it so you aren't and have to keep upgrading to bigger numbers. It's not a hard concept to grasp. Though looking at how the balance is right now even within their respective zones I'm not sure Wollay would be able to do that.

>playing gurdian specced warrior
>die instantly to spellcasters

Attached: 1522960849199.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

And gear crossing over wouldn't legitimately be worse.

lets assume he wants to go full autist and keep most of the current system
my suggestions would be
>have artifacts provide small progressive bonuses in strength alongside their current buffs, something like "this artifact raises swim speed and maximum HP" for example
>the bonuses could work like the alpha, on a curve where you slowly gain less and less until you're getting like +0.1~+1 per artifact at like +100 in a stat
>the artifacts obviously wouldn't replace gear progression, but with enough of them you could maybe end up as strong as someone with no artifacts in a gear tier higher than you.
>you can hunt for a specific stat or just grab everything you can get your hands on, each one slowly giving you some additional progress
>add in changes to zone-restricted gear as well
>implement some new artifacts with unique effects, maybe their own unique skill or something, it'd be okay if there were multiple artifacts with the same skill, assuming you just equip one to use it, since they'd still provide a small stat increase
all i got so far

lmao they just disintegrate?

I hope he fixes the performance, game runs like hot garbage

prob just undergeared to fight them, but try the spin to win, it blocks as long asyou have stamina

Because the boat is technically bound to a region's borders, you can't continue using it if you go into another's waters. You have to go back in to continue using the boat or swim to the rest of the way.

I don’t have the game but when I woke up this morning I thought people were going to love the game but it turned out to be trash, lmao, at least I only waited 1 month for the game because I totally forgot about it until Yea Forums shilled it. I probably won’t buy it on launch day but we’ll see what happens this week and If fagllay can save himself

youtube.com/watch?v=2R-gncoDAbs

this guy is having a meltdown right now

>Explored this much of the map
>Still haven't found the witch responsible for petrifying armor village
I swear I've talked to every fucking NPC

Attached: 20190923211720_1.jpg (1920x1017, 863K)

How do you get stronger? Do you get any stronger for killing random monsters?

I JUST WANTED A GOOD FUCKING GAME WHERE YOU CAN PLAY AS A FROG
WHY IS IT SO FUCKING HARD TO FIND GOOD FROG GAMES

Attached: mad2.png (398x400, 180K)

The witch is usually nearby to the petrified village, so I heard.

is there a witches hut or something?

Get loot.

Attached: 97BC8422-DE0F-4F4F-AD4C-4F0F4F31DA88.png (1577x182, 31K)

I got the mount reins, how do I get one?

>don't tell him guys

Attached: XDDDD.gif (400x225, 506K)

Same. I was expecting people to talk about all these nice new stuff they found in game and what Wollay has done but it was all hate for what Cube World has become.

REMINDER THAT WE COULD HAVE HAD THIS
youtu.be/yzGkAC5I6og

A mount? You gotta find pet food from buying it in towns or from mob drops. Then you find the specific animal that likes that food and hold it in your hands while approaching them. You can look up on the wiki to see which pet likes what, and whether it's mountable.

So, there's hope?

>people still trying to give this game a chance after 6+ years of nothing

Attached: 1569221394336.png (602x603, 373K)

Should I focus on getting pots? I'm having a hard time knowing what to do.

did he scrap the "construct your weapon" mechanic? that was the most interesting thing about the game wtf

Attached: 1549501579888.jpg (1079x1014, 82K)

Look at the date

Is it just me or is guardian blocking buggy? I try to time the block like in alpha, but often the counter attack just doesn't happen.

>he went full Todd Howard
Is your own fault Yea Forums

>WAAH WOLLAY WE WANT INFINITE CONTENT REEEE

>nice new stuff
That's the thing. There's actually very little new content. It's just the same thing from 6 years ago with a completely retooled progression core.

That's from July. He's talking about what's in the game right now.

1 week and he still hasn’t revealed his genius system, and if this is his genius plan than it’s fucking stupid because everyone other than drones hates it.

Oh lawd

>tfw even the weapon customization sucks ass now
i just wanted to autistically grind forever and deck out all my gear with custom shit
i fucking hate wollay so goddamn much
it's still there but it has a fucking tiny limit and is practically useless now

Jesus Christ. Stomped that little glimmer of hope to the mud.

focus on getting a refund

this is why you don't ghost your fanbase after being traumatized by a "ddos". I'm of the opinion that it was the influx of people trying to buy the game off his shitty servers after a successful youtube shilling than an actual ddos.

IMAGINE WAITING 6 YEARS FOR THIS HAHAHAHA

Attached: 1466663216578.jpg (400x400, 12K)

Guys... I'm having fun unironically
I think this is great

Attached: open your eyes.png (745x515, 597K)

It's the pirated version posted on here, I didn't bought,

I only waited a week and I'm really let down. This game was really hyped up.

>Increased
>Movement
>Speed
There's your rewarding and endless leveling

I wasn't expecting anything past the alpha and I'm amazed that it's gotten worse.

>more interesting and rewarding
he cant possibly be this autistic

Attached: 1550206956504.jpg (400x400, 39K)

Krautism

Calling it now, he's going to run away again when shit hits the fan and his precious game hits mixed on steam.

So I'm just getting up. What's this about region locking? Do pets disappear?

All I need is my pet croc by my side :*

You won't lose the pet but you'll lose the ability to ride them.

glider, boat and the ability to ride pets need to be gained in each region. how he thought this combined with fucking ocean regions was a good idea is beyond my comprehension

That's all I need. Me and my boy.

>ludo
dumb ramposter

>1 dev
>release date 30 spt
>6 days left
>so many flaws

its pretty mcuh written on the stone wall. he will fix minor bugs and when he releases the game he will fuck off and dissapear forever with the money.

There's no fucking way this is real.

This has to be a scam or play of some sort.

Im betting his wife is on the fence to divorce and wants to tank the game so she doesn't want control of the IP in the paperwork. That's the only conceivable thing I can come up with nobody is that fuckin stupid.

OKAY LAST FUCKING CHANCE TELL ME WHERE THE FUCKING WITCH IS OR I'LL ASK WOLLAY TO ADD SUB REGION LOCKS

Attached: Im+apu+apustaja+you+meme+deprived+not+pepe+_72a7028672d542bb8cac8fd8354a6e12.jpg (495x362, 30K)

what money? unlike the alpha that looked promising we have people showing how shit the new version is for a week before anyone can pay.

No shit you gotta rebalance gear and other things but its worth it

The witch is the friends we meet along the way

this thing is gonna be mixed reviews at best on day 1
this isn't really gonna make much more money for him which is ironic because i think the only reason he's releasing it is because he felt like he missed his chance when minecraft was still big and now that it's back he thinks he can suddenly show up again and everyone will give him a bunch of money like back in 2013

any magic user with that fucking green beam is an insta kill. its STILL the most broken attack since alpha

I wonder how many people are messaging wollay and telling him to an hero or just criticizing the game. Dude is really not coming back after the steam release lol

Didn't Woolay literally post gameplay videos and shit? How did no one see this coming?

The XP system was still in at the start of THIS year. He redesigned the core of the game very recently.

Only of skills, running around, and new structures. He always kept the progression a secret and a lot of what people liked in the teasers was removed. The gameplay video was not long enough to demonstrate the issues.

>ITS SHIT
He's german. What did you expect? They love their shit.

>Stuck at green weapons white armor after 4 hours of gameplay because I can't solo any of the bosses and friendly NPCs do no damage to them.

Attached: 1553401551937.jpg (529x470, 37K)

who did this?

my fucking sides

Attached: kekek.jpg (798x86, 10K)

>stereotyping the best race
fuck off /pol/

>bring back power system for gear but scaling is off regions instead of levels
>start players in random power 1 regions
>artifacts stay mostly the same
>replace climbing spikes with artifact stat that slows stamina consumption like the diving one
>travel items(glider, boat, reins) are permanent unlocks but found in dungeons instead of freely lying about
>whistle, harp, crafting books, etc remain as they are because they're basically keys
this is the hybridization between the alpha and beta that makes the most sense to me

Welp back to the alpha for me. Even the controls are better on the alpha for fuck's sake.

It was peak fun prior to the helpers being fags

he only posted a handful over the years on places like instagram (who the fuck posts vidya dev shit on instagram???) so nobody actually kept tabs on it and also he removed XP in fucking july
yeah, a massive game changing update 2 months before release
nobody could have saw this coming

The fuck didn't this guy cut and run with the money and abandon the alpha in like 2013? I remember playing it. Nothing on TPB either, why are people talking about this shit now when it wasn't on the radar since?

Do people really find this low effort shitposting funny? That explains the current state of Yea Forums then

NO, FUCK YOU I NEED TO UN PETRIFY THIS VILLAGE

>Do people really find this low effort shitposting funny?

yes, grandpa. problem?

WW2 really fucked up their psyche, all their men are fucked in the head now.

Hey its a fucking fact, and also I'm pretty sure /pol/ wishes they were German so they could be true sons of the Fuhrer.

You're better off not finding her, she will blast you in the face with her death beam. Just go live in the wilderness and pray she doesn't find you.

I have full yellow gear user I'll be fine
I NEED TO FIND THAT WITCH

You'll never make it!
Never ever never ever make it!

zoom in all the way and look for it retard

Could you imagine? At the end of each region you get a 6star piece of equipment named after the region?
Or a permanent hanglider?
Or a special boat?
Something special?
An actual useful artifact?
A new skill?
Class unlocks?
Subclass unlocks?
Fucking ANYTHING?

I’m going to review bomb this game on the 30th, buy the game and just refund it. This is inexcusable for game that was in development for 6 years

Suck my furcock cube fags. I told y'all this game would be shit, and you didn't listen. Enjoy Cope World fags.

Attached: 1567375067084.jpg (540x468, 40K)

Seriously, go search around near the petrified village, she should be a near cauldron.

suck my blocky cock

Attached: 1540873542302.png (661x454, 223K)

Eh a furfag that can't draw isn't worth a knot

>Makesendless leveling and finding/buying/crafting more rewarding
The reward is to not die because your top-tier gear turned to shit.

Aw, you wouldn't knot me user?

XP should be back in but levelling should be primarily for moves not stats. It baffles me after 6 years he managed 4 classes with basically the exact same moves. I think the region scaling could work but it shouldn't be per region, it should be a large grid of like 8-12 regions so that you can play for a long time before you have to get all new equipment. There is lots of "new content" but you don't get to fucking see any of it. Also it's just so immersion breaking when you walk 5 steps to the left and your gear is shit and you fall off your mount.

Nope, I have a boyfriend. Also I don't really like furfags who aren't artists themselves.

Anyone else actually having fun though?

Seriously, are there no fucking skills? What the fuck did he do in those 6 years, made shitty fetch quests and called it a day?

Why can't the lightning in a bottle that is terraria be emulated?
it's not like terraria started out great amazing, it had 3 bosses and nothing to do after you looted the dungeon, but people who keep making games that should be extrapolations on terraria can't even get that far without botching something.

I want hytale to be good but the reasonable part of me knows it could very likely just be terraria but with all that awful hypixel microtransaction bullshit

Fuck this autist honestly. I liked the game as it was in alpha and it has been 6 fucking years and now it's unironically worse and he has the balls to release that (but weathering a small ddos is too much!). I hope he disappears for good this time and doesn't try to sell a game again. This is a fucking joke. A goddamn joke.

Shame, although I am an artist.

I waited like a week and wasted less than an hour of my time actually "playing". I thought about Cube World in the last 6 years maybe like 3 times. I expected to at least get a few days of entertainment out of it, but oh well.

There is no endgame now since shit just resets. All those crazy spooky biomes he showed off should have been endgame stuff but now you just reset so it doesn't matter.

based other than the whole g*y thing

>the guy who ran with the money and is back almost a decade later
>LETS BUY HIS GAME AGAIN

I had fun but after finishing 1 zone I don't feel much motivation to keep playing. I mean I'll give it a go, and I guess if the next zone I explore ends up feeling really unique then I'll keep playing, but I expect it's just going to be doing the same thing over and over again for a slight increase to flight speed or whatever

Go outside man.

Attached: 1566353758921.jpg (1832x1374, 1.53M)

Did someone swap your r and u keys?
Naaaah I kid but seriously though be less pushy and rude, and maybe you'll get a cute bf too.

No one has bought it yet though. The people playing right now got the new version free.

He sent out keys, retard. Nobody can buy it again yet and they're retarded if they do considering we have a week to shit on it before it's available.

After this disaster just be happy Terraria is releasing their big update soon and saving us all.

Is wollay legitimately retarded? Or possibly suffering from psychosis and had some really retarded "ideas"??? I can't believe he's being serious

Wholesome. Thanks bb.

No shit if that was all he did.
Just balance it like a normal RPG, like hundreds of games have done before.

dont worry everyone im currently working on a mod that will fix everything

Attached: ampharos.png (1024x576, 802K)

I wonder if he thought it would get praise, because it seems like near universal criticism instead.

Are you me?
This game was supposed to be my escape from everything getting worse
This beta broke me

kek can you also make a feeder/fat mod?

Ampharos.

Attached: 1567033234417.png (270x301, 116K)

I haven't been keeping up isn't it mostly decorative items and SoL stuff or does it have actual new content like bosses?

Me
I've beat 2 regions already
I can't decide on whether to keep going to a different biome or try a new class

>procedurally generated
It just never works and yet dumbasses will fall for it time and time again.

I went back to alpha to see if it was my fond nostalgia or not

...The new update is shit, guys.

Attached: bv6lONw.png (1920x1027, 1.24M)

>Cheat in 50000 gold
>Game now becomes 300x more fun because you can just fly on eagles everywhere

Just play Dragon Quest Builders 2.

Procedural generation is the least of this game's problems and the world gen is one of the things it actually got right.

Did you laugh uncontrolably for an hour or more once you realised that it had gotten worse than the alpha despite 6 years of "dev" time? Because that was how I reacted to this abortion of a beta.

The problem is that every equipment is locked into one region, when you move into the next region, they're gone so you have to find new equipment, and enemies doesn't scale with you anymore so if wollay take the region lock away, you'll easily steam roll enemies in every region. Not to mention there's no skill tree now iirc

So yeah, kinda one step forward three step backward

It has new content like bosses, and a new harder difficulty.

heaven fucking forbid shitlay would have to actually code harder enemies in the later regions, right

Can confirm. Did the same thing.

Wollay, either fix this shit ASAP or find 100 meters of rope and a skyscraper.

user........

>youtu.be/yzGkAC5I6og
How did he go from this...

>People honestly thought wollay was going to deliver after all the bullshit thus far

What in the fucking shit

Understandable really, the map is infinite and the point of cube world is exploring shit, but now you can't bring the equipment you got from exploring one region because "oops, you can't bring those good loot you got there friend! Gotta do it all over again in the new region friend, teehee"

I dont think there was much of a step forward. I only found the pregenerated land to be the only interesting thing. Only to have sacrificed the ability for multiple worlds and bring in fucking region locked items. Even the fucking + items are region locked, only functional in a 3×3 area of regions.

...to this?
youtube.com/watch?v=utDhNcdd9D0

Wait.. the ALPHA was a downgrade.. I've never seen this video, the combat looks way more interesting with the target locking.

yes?

Yes

Attached: 623F7CAE-F6CA-48ED-AF24-2C465BE699B3.jpg (566x680, 103K)

Yeah, maybe a crawl and a three step backward then
I'm actually scared what wollay will do when people can post reviews, I think the fix is quite simple but if he's that autistic, he might an hero, hope his wife and kid can keep him sane

What do you mean I fall off my croc when I cross the border? Why can't I ride my croc, Wollay?

Attached: Lizard.png (556x553, 218K)

All he needs to do is take the core of Alpha, and put it in the world of Beta

He has a kid?

Attached: 8c1e4f993998e8c52c4ad0f99ee712af-imagejpeg.jpg (382x390, 48K)

Is he not fucking up his game with region locking because hes having trouble balancing procg?

i did but havent played the beta yet, so i'm in the clear

Attached: 1569284194886.jpg (1538x2048, 478K)

No, he threw balance out the window with this system. It was fine before when it scaled, he could have expanded on that. He's doing this new system because in his mind it creates infinite content having to gear up and find your things over and over from scratch or some shit.

Just downloaded the current steam version, haven't touched this shit since before the first time he disappeared. What class should I play?

yeah, small house with 3 or so witches

>rewarding

oh look a new land lets cross the border

YOOOINK mine now ~ void

user. I'd buy you a mug of rum and whisky if I could. Its the only way to calm the nerves for situations like this.

Any you like but only defense warrior, water mage, ninja rogue and scout ranger are viable. Don't pick the other specialization

>Yea Forums hasn't always been unfunny
there was never a better time, just a time when you were less aware

>top 50 game on twitch
>nothing from even shit chingchong groups like CPY
Dead game not even the pirates wanna touch it despite the alpha being released

yup, same. hell i even tried Trove again, trove still too much to hop back into... but anyways, all he needs to do is take alpha core + beta world, ez

I can just imagine that kraut playing BoTW and telling himself "there's no leveling in here I'll do the same for my game" then tell everyone this version is his favorite version. 6 years guys, I know it's been said but S I X years and we get this. This is so retarded my mind is filled with nothing but food analogies of how this sucks.

Enemy scaling still broken even worse
Item scaling got worse
Exploring got worse
System specs got higher and game looks worse in some parts

Attached: 1568167595829.jpg (640x1085, 89K)

imagine getting excited for video games after being let down so many times

Crack was posted on Yea Forums minutes after release.

Nah Yea Forums definitely used to be funnier

I'm calling bullshit or bitminer.
The uncracked version isn't even dumped.

I know, user, I know. It's blowing my mind too. I had no idea he could be this retarded.

So what happened with the game that finally clued in the last few people that the game was dogshit if the sudden multiple leaves + 6 year leave didn't?
Looking from a few replies, progression got fucked or something?

"Cube World Goldberg + Steamless.7z" was the archive name.
Could play the game, but was uninteresting.
>bitminer
lol, maybe. My fans started going crazy. But probably just the game being poorly optimized.

The fact that there is a game where simply retaining gear can break game balance means there is something fundamentally wrong with it in other facilities.

read the thread

Guys I wanted to talk about Noita but I walked in here instead

Breath of the Wild with in-depth character customization, factions, and some actual fucking content would be peak open world RPG gaming.

All I've seen is that he made mobs not give exp.

Currently working on a mod that revamps the progression system to what was evident in pre-july screenshots. Quite proud of my work so far. I think I should have it published by Thursday at the latest, but would anyone like to test it out for me before then?

Why would him bailing for 6 years make the existing game any worse? Are you retarded?

>goldberg
bit mining operation detected

Yes

The alpha is actually fun. The beta AKA the preview of the full version is terrible and not the same game at all.

To clarify, I've made the following changes:

- Experience points are back. The code was never actually removed (which isn't surprising), neither were the UI components. Exp is rewarded for killing mobs, which leads to level ups, etc.

- Overall stat points increase following level-ups

- Weapons and mobs scale with the player's current level, which I've found from my own testing increases the amount of fun to be had at least tenfold.

- GLIDERS, BOATS, ETC ARE NOT REMOVED NOT PER REGION. NEITHER ARE WEAPONS!

I'll be adding even more features, possibly combat related.

turns out making a game fun to play forever on one character is basically impossible lol who would have guessed

www53.zippyshare.com/v/XMFttfAQ/file.html

8 more hours bro

I think it's just a rumour back when he went dark, something about having a kid, not really known though

Thank you

Attached: 1567480073369.gif (499x654, 1.35M)

Are there any changes to character creation? I remember back in alpha some of the races just felt unfinished, lacking the customization others had. Surely in 6 years he's been able to fix that.

>Terraria is clearly the pinnacle of gaming.
Unironically this.

Some minor stuff. Male Goblins all have bright red noses now, for whatever reason.

>get in game
>fight a caterpillar
>it bum rushes me at mach 5
>okay guess I'll kite it
>can't out run them
>guess I'll thin out the canopy of a tree and fire down at it where it can't hit me
>climbs it
How the FUCK do I kill the beginning area mobs?

>Shit is inside the code
So alpha backer is wollay's game tester huh? Also make a thread on thursday user, or hell, post it in the steam forum with throwaway account, I want to see the shitstorm the bootlicker will have

>goblins have tumblr noses
Based.

You don't, you run for your fucking life and hope there are NPCs nearby to either save you or be your meat shields.

>go far
>die to bullshit
>all the way back to the start
Actually my main complaint. Fuck having to spend 15 minutes running back to where I was.

>all the classes feel like shit

Attached: GOLLY.png (493x410, 132K)

Every single person in this thread would help you test shit just post whatever you can in a thread and we'll submit feedback.

Attached: mah nigga.jpg (282x179, 6K)

What went through Wollay's mind when he made every innocent animal a furious death machine?

Attached: in a nutshell.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

I'm afraid it's just going to be sand and explosions. I saw the dev stream and he just kept finding ways to blow up the entire screen, floating down forever. There's more shit further down, right?

You absolute fucking hero
If you need help testing I can give you my steam

I've already watched other people play it plus the devs. There is a lot more that hasn't been shown because people playing right now suck and are still learning the game. Furthest i've seen is down to the 3rd or 4th level and I believe it goes down deeper than 10 levels. The wand mechanics are very interesting once you learn how to use them, as are the perks. All the terrain simulation stuff and physics is just kind of icing on the cake of the spell and wand mechanics.

>Start playing
>Game feels like shit
>Dying
>Confused
>Finally find a white dungeon
>Start picking up monentum
>Fights get fun
>Exploring gets fun
>Running dungeons, doing quests, crafting good shit
>Finish an entire region in 1 day
>Can't sleep, just want to keep playing in a new biome
Fug, maybe this game is an aquired taste

Once i got in the groove it got better, that beginning balance is totally fucked as is the scaling and distribution of levels of enemies. Wait until you leave a region and all your shit becomes mostly crap. Biomes should be a bit smaller and natural and a "region" mechanics wise should take up multiple biomes, with scaling based on biomes (lava, corrupted, snow having higher level enemies in general than peaceful forest)

Post this shit in the /vg/ thread

A fucking user is trying his best to mod a game in its beta state into something plausible. There is still hope left in man.

I want to try to like it but I can't get more than 5~15 fps if I'm lucky. Worked just fine a few hours ago. Tf happened.

A game like this has no business being what it is.
Wollay somehow got people to hugbox him by claiming it was anxiety and depression. All this greedy fuck needed to do was hire a PR person to handle the communications. Literally anyone could do a better than him.

The only way someone can think this game is fun is if they were Wollay and spent 6 years sucking their own cock with no feedback from the outside.

Attached: 1403501439153.jpg (782x738, 95K)

>and we'll submit feedback
You fool, don't you know feedback gives developers depression that makes them go dark for SIX years?

FUCKING YES DO IT DOOO ITTT

Got pics of this working?

>no proofs
I aint getting tricked into raising my hopes for a third time. Show us at least something, even if it's buggy and incomplete

Attached: 1567844331892.png (500x500, 106K)

Omfg yesss, thank you so much!! I played this game back in alpha and it was way better than it is now. I will legit donate to you if you can pull this off.

Kek, if mod user also abandons us I'll actually have given up all hope.

I am a different user and I'm considering giving up gaymen all together honestly. Maybe I'll become Yea Forums instead. Gaymen has only disappointed me in the last 10 years.

Yeah if this is a larp I'll fucking an hero

if you managed to pull this off i would unironically become a faggot and suck your dick
no regrets

>The code was never actually removed (which isn't surprising), neither were the UI components. Exp is rewarded for killing mobs, which leads to level ups, etc.
If this real then, well shit maybe wollay can fix the game

What you probably thought was a funny shitpost to bait a couple losers ended up getting a lot of user's hopes up. You've fueled their delusion that life will get any better when it is, in fact, just going to get worse.
Have you done a good thing, or a bad thing?

Modanon here

Wow! Alot of support for this which is great because none of it real you stupid autists.

I'm going back to /fit/.

See ya later virgins.

i watched my friend playing it right after work. he kited fucking moles and flies all the way, it looked ridiculous. found some castle and talked to some dudes then walked around for a bit and quit saying he doesn't have the patience for this right now.

i can't handle this bros

KEk based

1vs1 me fucker, I'm a red-named squirrel irl.

Some of the skills feel really fucking bugged.
>Teleport has no feedback of any kind and it also glitches the fuck out if you try to use it over wildly uneven terrain
>Your shadow clone doesn't do damage and doesn't taunt either so they have no purpose other than to sometimes block an enemy while you're circling around it trying to get in 1-2 damage hits
>Rogue was gutted to hell and is just a worse warrior
There's no way any sane person would look at the state of this shit and go "Yeah, we're ready to launch." Wollay is either trolling the beta testers with this fake version, trying to squeeze more money out of his game that he worked on for maybe an hour or two over the 6 years since alpha, or is actually retarded. Place your bets.

Attached: 1281684298588.png (302x207, 4K)

So what happens if Wollay saw this coming and had the files there just in case?

I hope it’s true but I don’t trust wollay

I'm going all in on actually retarded.

I've posted pics and the github link on leddit (faggot, I know) as suggested by someone on here. Feel free to check it out and fork the repo if you wish.

Imposter. But you probably already guessed that.

Maybe it's an ebin PR stunt

my bet has been on retarded since the beta dropped user
all the fucking damage control has been absolutely hilarious

if this were real holy hell imagine wollay when he sees everyone flocking to a mod, then he removes it fomr the steam store because he's mad ohnonono

How dare you deceive me into opening fucking reddit. That's actually really fucked up user, what the hell? Fool me with github sure, but don't make me open fucking reddit for nothing

Attached: snek.png (224x341, 125K)

Just makes me wonder what his fucking problem is

Do boats work on lava?

Attached: 1568336832324.png (886x586, 415K)

Boat should have been literally crafting the boat with blocks.
Glider should have been the same.
Then both could be kept permanently.

Autism user, it's even clear in the game design, you need to 100% one region before you can move to the next one

>can't see shit at night
>sleeping in a sleeping roll does nothing to advance time
>die
>takes me back into a life shrine in the middle of the ocean

you can use the flightmaster to fly in between found towns
you can fast travel to found rez shrines

He's retarded
It's the worst option but the most realistic

you have to talk to an innkeeper to pass time for 10 gold

Is there a mega of the alpha?

That's because gear only has like 5 levels. It needs to scale nigh infinitely like zones also should. The further you stray from the center, the stronger they could be.

>sleeping in a sleeping roll does nothing to advance time
Sleeping in a bed, at least, makes time go much faster. Also there's the innkeeper thing already mentioned.

Everyone remember to tag as 'Walking Simulator' on Steam, gotta push that Masterpiece tag right out

press F for a lantern, doesnt tell u that anywhere

Who the fuck did that before trying it themselves? God hugbox must be something that kills any chance for improvement, how do I tag shit in steam?

Report the masterpiece tag

i don't get this meme, theres so much more shit to do in the actual overworld, it's almost overbearing how many enemies and dunegons there are, the core is still retarded

You still have no choice but to walk from point A to B to C forever if you want what little progress there now is. Though it's more like olympic athlete marathon simulator.

Attached: 1568336832323.png (442x947, 86K)

>look for map markers
>hit enemies at map markers
>so much shit to do
Let's not get carried away, here.

it's so fucking retarded. the alpha core was great but lacked content. Niw he's added a fuckton of content but removed the core that made it fun in the first place

aaand banned from the discord

Part of me thinks Wollay got tired of working on the game and just wants to shit it out and be done, but yeah this is all fucking retarded. Why would you sabotage your own game with bad design decisions?

what, you have mounts, and hang gliders if you're complaining about speed and distance, it's exaactly like the alpha in that term, actually LESS because the alpha wasn't near as condensed with activity.

I never said i liked any of the other shit like the region locking or leveling

Wow it's almost like the alpha but easier to find stuff

this exactly

we don't care about that, we care about what you were banned for. This isn't your blog fuck off reeeee

Thank you, based Muslim.

Attached: basedmuslim.png (923x264, 66K)

Is he removing the negative reviews on the store page? There are 0 negative and 48 positive

I asked why we should trust the mods who are deleting everything they don't like when it comes to reasons to take away our permissions. Nothing fancy. They just stripped everyone of emoots again because mods were getting shit on for being the bootlickers they are.

>mounts and hang gliders
That can't be used to explore between biomes? Boats that can't be used to explore oceans? Golly gee i sure love this exploring experience

All the reviews were posted a few days before the beta went live and reviews were locked. Nobody posted any bad reviews in that time because everything was full hype mode

Steam was bugged some days ago that allowed people to review for a while before the beta went out. Also, devs can't delete reviews.

Attached: 1367264080014.png (500x349, 266K)

>Devs can't delete reviews
Reviews actually can be deleted.

Steam should remove all reviews, seeing as the positive ones are all fake reviews that shouldn't even be there.

honestly the "key" items not being lost the second you cross regions should be change #1 in anticipation of open beta

it would make the cyclical gear system MUCH more palatable

So can any one else use the discord invite or did they just shut it down?

ah i see

>open beta
user.. This is the full release. Remember how Wollay disappeared for six years exactly because he didn't want to release anything more until his game was "perfect" and done? Yeahhhhh...

unless he hires some more people, yeah it's done

Something something malice but actually mental retardation

open beta full release who gives a flying fuck
its what should be fucking fixed
its the easiest god damn thing you could fix and would make people way less fucking mad

I don't think he's tired working on the game user, if he did, he'll just add some new contents and release it as is with the alpha system. I legit think wollay thought this is an autistic fun game where you need to 100% one region before you go to the next one

Let's hope he doesn't break and go into hiding again from the backlash.

Well, if anything, him shitting out a new patch for tomorrow and kinda ignoring everybody else cry for region lock removal, KINDA give you some hope he'll fix this shit, but it's a BIG KINDA

I had fun as soon as i found a weapon i was able to kill anything with. Now i completed the biome i started in and don't feel like doing the exact same thing ad infinitum so now it's not fun anymore.
Wollay should ask redigit for some advice and ideas on progression

GIVE US PROOF MOTHERFUCKER
I WILL NOT BE JEBAITED AGAIN

Attached: 1567960257824.gif (800x600, 375K)

man fuck this game

Honestly the game isn't anywhere close to being unsalvageable, its just what he has in place is really retarded.

If he's determined to have his region lock he should soften it a whole fucking lot by moving the regions you can use your gear out ~20 and making it so gear only loses a tier or two of rarity instead of outright just exploding.

Bring back the skill system (literally use the fucking alpha trees if you want) and then kick that out as the "open beta" release.

There, your game is now not going to cause bloody diarrhea.

new patch

Attached: patch.png (437x289, 47K)

thats an odd thing to be mad about user
like of all the things you could be upset by
that's like
probably not even on the book of things worth addressing outside of "craftable bedrolls that pass time like beds in minecraft"

Why not literally release the alpha since everyone liked it more?

What is this wall jump? Did he implement literally breath of the wild climbing?

>"fixes" and nerfs fun things, does nothing else
If the Alpha was anything to go by, this will be his final update and we won't hear from him again until S I X years

Yes.
I hope i never see this scum fuck again.

The pre-alpha footage already had wall climbing, mind you. Not sure if he's made it worse now though.

Just fucking add a stat that determines how far from original region the item shall retain its original strength. And the farther you go the less efficient the item becomes. This is like the most obvious solution to the problem. It doesn't devalue your items to the ground but still allows exploring the neighboring regions with incentive of finding better gear. Hell, make an elaborate element system so that a fire weapon that you got in a fire region might be less powerful stat-wise in adjacent ice region but the stat loss would be negated by elemental advantage. This would make the player willing to explore adjacent regions to get gear that would help them in the previous ones while still permitting endless progression loop.

Attached: 100% super-retard.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

You have fuck all stamina. You have to find the zones climbing spikes to get anywhere interesting.

The game just gets worse the more I hear about it. Are there any other hamfisted BotW inspirations present too?

Attached: facepalm.png (289x362, 139K)

Remind me what the point of releasing a beta is when apparently its too late too fix anything and the game is shipping as is?

For the life of me I can't see why just making zones further away from where you spawn more powerful forcing you to get better gear, you know, the tried and working formula, why he didn't just make it like that.

That's the thing user, like you said, the game isn't that hard to salvage, but my guess is that his autism prevents him to do so, because like I've said before, he legit thinks people would find that kind of shit fun, we still need to see what will happen in release date, by the off chance that all this backlash and people posting video about the region lock gear thing becoming a problem for players, wollay would come back to his senses and just reimplement the old alpha system with the current content cube world has
I was going to buy this game day one, but I think I'm gonna go buy crosscode instead and see where wollay will take this game in the future

Your stats are completely based on your gear that you will find rng. Items may not even be for your class. Only real boosts you get are artifacts which are basically perks from a skill tree that have been smashed to pieces and handed out in breadcrumbs. All of your gear will get nerfed the moment you leave a zone unless you have a + which means it lasts for a handful of zones. The scaling is either you get one shot or you one shot there. There is no progression.

1’more week until wollay goes back into hiding

honestly if everyone that's supposed to be buying his game says region lock blows dicks, he'll probably change it, autism or not

to what extent though
no fucking clue

Awful lot of shitters in here

So it's essentially endless player regression. Isn't that what extra characters are for?

I think I'll just sink a few dozen hours more into the Alpha.

Because that doesn't work indefinitely. There is no game that just scales forever with no glaring issues. Plus, there's no way for it to predict if you'd go north five zones then south a few zones from where you started and just obliterate everything. I think there are issues with how he did it but I see what he was going for. He wanted a system that always offers challenge and scales you down indefinitely, so that you're never steamrolling new content with amassed strength. It might even work, but the problem is he also fucked with the travel artifacts like boats which is just retarded and has obvious huge issues.

It's okay user, you can admit to yourself that the current game is bad, it hurts but it won't kill you.

The only thing that's bad is the region locked boat and glider

>get a drop for your class based on complete RNG
>fighting enemies is completely pointless
>go from needing several buffs to survive to literally oneshotting enemies
>exploring in an EXPLORATION GAME is punished by having everything be regionlocked
I can't believe that there were actual shills for this game, I thought it was just other people excited for more alpha content

I mean I have to make it to the town first and it's absolutely stupid I don't start with a bedroll that can pass time.

The game itself is a regression. Either play alpha or don't bother. Its just a shitty walking sim now.

Lets hope theres some optimization.

Does the game have a good sense of challenge? A big part of what I like about games like Everquest and Kenshi is that you have to carefully hunt for ways to get stronger, or else you get murdered. It almost sounds like Cubeworld does the same now, but it's hard to tell if the complaints about it being unfair and unfun are legitimate of if it's just crybaby shitter whining.

Alpha was an absolute opposite of what you greentexted, user. That's the whole problem.

Yeah, I'll probably keep watch on what's happening and probably buy it on a sale or next year, maybe it'll be cracked day one

the alpha was challenging at the start, the majority of creatures in the world would kill you so you had to pick your targets to get levels
the new "beta" is just "pull mobs to NPC, have them take care of mobs, collect max rarity loot"

I know it was, that's why it doesn't make sense for people to shill for the game when it's the exact opposite of what people liked about it. Everyone seemed to just be hyped in the threads because some people would host and we would all play alpha together

>Everquest
Unrelated but I've decided to try EQ1 for the first time in my life 2 weeks ago and holy shit, it's so much fun. A relic of the past MMO that conveys a better feel of adventure and discovery than any modern one

Is it run badly? If anything, optimization seems to be less of the problem for most people

People were hyped because they didn't know about all this either. You could see the threads do a complete 180 in attitude once the game had been out for an hour and people realised what was going on.

alpha server for us to riot on when
i just want to go back to being comfy and pretend none of this happened

Ive un and re installed it three times now, and the first 2 hours I was playing everything was fine enough, but after that it just sits at 15fps if I'm doing nothing and like 5 when i walk around. Shits janked up.

Crashes for a lot of people for dumb reasons. Frame rate is stable but win 7 support is kill.

that's why people just dismissing criticism as "Being shitters" are complete retards. Alpha had actual difficulty at the start, even if it still had some power curve issues where the game would be a lot easier later on, it wasn't braindead fake difficulty like mentioned

Just as said. No one even fucking fathomed that the beta would come to this. The developer married couple led the development in complete nondisclosure, without any public playtests and probably without even other testers than themselves. And they did so for 6 years.

Good taste user, glad to hear you're having fun. Are you on p1999?

Attached: eqgame 2015-04-13 12-12-11-038.jpg (1600x900, 639K)

if the early datamine is any indication, we might be able to mod the early alpha with some of the later content like the rogue's "teleport behind you" skill and the other "4th skills" since they're still in the files
These changes were clearly last minute based on and github.com/humanova/cw_datamine/tree/master/cw_demo/skill

Can you learn new skills or is it just the two sub-classes per class?

>want to cope with alcohol
>don't want to go out and get it since I have to ration money because I still haven't found a fucking job after graduating uni

Attached: vegeta rain.gif (498x298, 484K)

Biggest of all time if true. Publish it soon just to see if it's possible to make it work in the beta, if all goes smoothly we can help make a Yea Forums approved overhaul and fix for the release version. IMO you should try and find away to bring back fog of war to the map instead of everything being revealed from the get go.

Attached: 2lpagt.jpg (1125x1096, 120K)

we used to be wollay in his infinite autism removed a bunch of skills from the game. Rogue got hit the most, and Ninja in particular basically has 0 skills at this point

I'm playing rogue currently, so that's probably why I feel this way. I do really like their kit though, daggers oneshotting pretty much everything is fun

If you look a bit, you should be able to find the removed skills and add those back in too since posted them.

Are you assassin or ninja? Ninja lost all of its fucking mobility, and Assassin basically plays like base rogue did in the alpha with basic stealth abuse.
Speaking of assassin, the poison bomb does jack fucking shit. Even with top tier gear it does nothing

It doesn’t need to work indefinitely. I don’t need to play indefinitely. It just needs to work long enough for the amount of content there is to see.

>stealth abuse
all stealth does is give you MP
you can't parry/counter or do any of the cool shit anymore

Assassin with daggers since I have a mount and ninja seems utterly trash from all standpoints. Longsword is alright but I find the poison hit from daggers to be much more fun when clearing enemies since you only have to hit once instead of the 4/5 times with longsword.

Sneak and Camoflage both work as actual stealth if you aren't in combat when you activate them

>Mana shield is still in the game
>Ambush/Backflip is still in the game
>Assassinate is still in the game
>Flame rush is still in the game
>other experimental skills that weren't shown off like flame breath and lava puddle are in the game

Attached: meow.jpg (225x225, 9K)

>Find a shit load of 5* gear
>all for different classes
HOLY FUCK WHY

>not implementing or activating any of the good shit found in the data mine.

Are we sure that wollay is autism and not a downy tard?

Nope, I decided to go with official time-locked progression servers as I wanted to experience the game from earliest expansions to the latest ones in chronological order and that was just what I needed. There were 2 of them, Selo (faster content release, fast XP and high drop rates) and Mangler (medium content release speed, medium XP and medium drop rates). Went with former. The server's very lively to my surprise and I'm having a blast with it.

I can literally get into my car and drive a minute to a bottle-o, buy some alcohol and come straight back home.
I don't because I'm not an alcoholic. But fuck me if I wasn't tipping on the balance a while ago.

Was old cube world that much like Terria? I keep passing that game on steam despite how cheap it is and the number of times it goes on sale....

I mistyped it, went with latter.

The data mine also refferences functions for new worlds and seeds. Datamine the shit out of the game and Update that git asap. Cause it looks like there might be the tinyest ember of hope left.

>game design
he's retarded
>everything else
Autism. He seems to have left almost all of the old assets organized in the game's code, but his coding is efficient enough to have the filesize still be low as as fuck..

Hell the modanon even said that he found the EXP system in the game and that it was simply deactivated instead of fully removed.

Theyre nothing alike

actually exists, find gear with a +, it carries over to new regions

yall just too lazy to actually learn about the game

alpha cube world was basically a mix of terraria's dungeons/exploration, action combat seen in most MMOs. and dwarf fortress tier starting points where earlygame would rape you if you didn't know how to grind

Terraria and Cube World are two completely different beasts, user's making a comparison seeing they're both more focused on adventure than building. The former however is very much worth checking out for sure, though.

>To a couple regions***

if you cant manage to find another piece of equipment in those youre a lost cause

>He doesn't know
Stop coping, you're too lazy to even learn what + gear is
It's still confined to a slightly bigger region

What if Wollay's just testing different progression systems and upon release will allow to choose the one player prefers at the game's start?

For those who have played, which is more playable?
This youtube.com/watch?v=zNTyS-vjNlU
Or Beta Cube World?

I just want to know if it's any better than that video.

Plenty of good ones where you get to kill'em.

Attached: 1563092073843.png (850x1206, 1.42M)

Honestly if you never played Alpha its hard to gauge how much worse the beta is

Sounds fun. I never tried the official time locked servers, but it's cool to hear they managed to recapture the magic of classic. Are they going past Luclin? I think I stopped playing live shortly after Planes of Power came out, so I have no idea what the last 10 or so expansions are all about.

Attached: eqgame 2015-04-15 13-19-22-422.jpg (1600x900, 942K)

Mangler's exactly at Luclin stage right now, though it matters little to my fledgling 29 level paladin. And yes, they go all the way to the current expansions and when they're through all of them they just become regular servers. But Mangler's catch-up schedule is planned to go for 3 years worth of older expansions at a rate of one per 12/8 weeks each.

Wait, copper and silver coins?
We now only have gold coins? What the fuck?

The terraria guy was persistent in working at it and trying until the game got better. Perseverance. Wollay obviously only did sparse work now and then and a lot of it was the gutting and replacing

>pantheon is never getting finished
>if it ever does it'll be as disappointing as cube world

Well I don't know how to fix the progression system, all I know is I don't like this repetitive version where you grind for the same thing over and over, and having to carry a whole bunch of different gear sets for whenever you want to revisit other zones. I'd rather something that felt continual upwards, which is what I thought this game was going to be.

Pets aren't region locked are they

3. Didn't spend all his time and money shilling his garbage MC clone here

What's a "pantheon"?

In case you were wondering here's their progression schedule: everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Progression_Servers_Mangler#Confirmed_Unlock_dates_for_Expansions

I realized how this game got to where it is.
Imagine developping and playing a game for 6+ years. Imagine the madness that brings.
That's why Wollay created this mad design of having no end to the game and being able to play it "seemingly" forever, because all progression is erased after a few hours of game time. That's the only way he found to not go crazy. It's a life project for him.
There's a massive flaw however, "all good things come to an end" therefore all things that never end aren't good.
If wollay reads this, it's time to let go of this pile of shit for his own good, and bring an ending.

His main job isnt cube world there were probably many months he didnt even touch it

What relic do I need to open this fucking thing.
Its not the bell or the harp.

Attached: 20190924110007_1.jpg (1105x961, 113K)

kill all mobs

a modern everquest clone, and I'm not using clone loosely
it has all the same classes everquest had and utilizes the same design principles

Attached: 1*oXqIz-vw1QO710YPw92jNg.jpg (1920x1080, 284K)

You're most likely right, but he still developped this game for far too long

Just went back through and checked, they're all dead

no but being able to ride them is

Does anybody remember when ranger was broken as fuck?
Does anybody remember when the game was fun?
>spamming rclick fires crossbow bolts as fast as a machine gun
>using that leap skill facing away from a wall propels you up it
>using the leap skill and bunnyhopping preserved backward momentum almost indefinitely
>using the leap skill with a glider turns it into a VTOL jet fighter that could literally fly across an entire region in seconds

Attached: 56954700_p5.jpg (1196x1181, 122K)

exit and reload the game

Done, and dungeon is still empty. Rip this artifact I guess

Also has the same director.

anyone got a mega link of the beta?

>Entire region is filler and not interesting
>Glide over that shit

Too bad that other classes couldn't do anything like that, and the modern design wouldn't let you go past one fucking kilometer.

Attached: invulnsphere.png (400x359, 71K)

I want to believe but I need proof

Attached: 1564131309876.jpg (232x265, 10K)

I'm going to rise up and make my own Cube World
everyone is going to play it and love it

user...

Imagine playing this shit when Trove exists

Attached: trove_e7ebea86.jpg (1920x1198, 675K)

>Grind: The game
No thanks, I've played enough of it to make me puke. Solid game but shit progression. Oh and microtransactions up the ass too.

Attached: 1569095039306.jpg (1000x1000, 92K)

Sounds interesting. I'll keep playing EQ1 for now but shall keep an eye and ear out on this one.

>using trove as bait
come on user, ive laughed hard enough today

Attached: 1516237507201.jpg (320x300, 9K)

>reddit and discord going full When Prophecy Fails and filling up with "guys it's actually really good people who don't like it just don't understand it" posts

It's never happening.

>Oh and microtransactions up the ass too
How bad are they? I was on the fence about Trove but knowing they have microtransactions Im not too sure now.

I think now I understand why this shit is happening!

Cube World (alpha) was a nice toy : you didn't really had any objective, battle system wasn't great but was usable, there was no quests, ... but the world generation was pretty nice and just exploring it and see how far it could go was kind of fun.
But, even tho' it was fun, it's still just a toy, there was no goals and once you've seen every kind of environment the game could generate and messed up with everything, then it was it.

With Cube World (beta), Wollay had to give an actual game where you had to do things. He tried something and it fails horribly, since the toy wasn't designed around is new idea. His main "game" is to 100% a region with procedurally generated quests, and to make it works indefinitely, you restart the game when you finish it. Except it doesn't works since people want to explore the world, not the region (because you don't care about any region of this toy)

The current system could work if:
>instead of regions, each game has it's own generated world and it is much smaller (so the world has the size of a region)
>you have an auto-generated "main quest" and you can find smaller "side-quests" to get better gear and/or find artifacts/keys to finish the "main quest"
>a character is only linked to one of these smaller worlds, and you can create a character for a friend's world
But this would probably too different from the original alpha

I haven't played trove in a few years but the main thing I remember is most of the classes being available in the shop with the option to grind to unlock
then there's the standard loot boxes, xp boosts, cosmetics, mounts, drop rates boosts
I don't think any actual gameplay was locked behind a paywall without the option to grind however

Ocean tiles are actually based as fuck btw, since you don't die to random mobs and everything is super easy to find.
New progression system is better than old. I've been convinced by actually playing the game

>having the world limited to the size of 1 region.
No.
>but its probably too different from the alpha
yes.

Progression system? What progression system?

Ocean biomes are sick, the whole "no boat in new region" is stupid though. I want to play an adventure on the high seas ffs

Correct me if I am wrong, but cannot you find gear marked with a + that does not lose effectiveness outside the region you found it in?

I understand this but playing ranger and using middlemouse makes transport ezpz.
retard

+ gear is confined to larger regions. Some people are calling them kingdoms

Not everyone is playing ranger m8

How do you actually go about GETTING a pet, woolay forgot to explain.

Click the food item in your inventory and your character will hold it out. Then approach whatever mob it's for and it will get tamed.

same way as the alpha
>find pet food
>give that specific food to a pet
good luck finding the specific pet drop ;^)

What happens if you sail from one ocean biome to another? Does your boat just disappear?

Yes

yes, i hope you like swimming island to island trying to find the boat over and over again

that's fair, but warrior also has mobility, rogues and wizards are a sad time though

>but warrior also has mobility
Berserker only

wizards with teleport are also really fucking mobile

assassin rogues are alright in the beta
>Pop camoflauge
>hold shift + M2, jump occasionally
>zoom across the map for 20 seconds
it's made ocean biomes pretty gud

>fish out dusty old laptop in my attic because i don't have access to email i used except for that
>Finally get access to my key
>It's fucking shit
why did you do this to me wollay

i'm starting to see more shit pop up about artifacts only giving non-combat buffs and people asking for them to give minor combat-related buffs with diminishing returns like skills in alpha
really hope he listens to that at the very least, i'd like SOME kind of fucking progress to carry between zones
if power creep between friends was a problem, you can always drop your artifacts, not sure if friends can loot them but if they can you could even out power between yourselves

This. How the fuck do these life shrines work?

you need to walk up to one and activate it manually
after that it'll be your set spawn point until you activate another one, and you can also teleport between shrines for free

>2d minecraft is clearly the pinnacle of gaming

Wollay is no more. His wife that left him is behind this """beta""", trying to cash and hopefully get epic store bux in on his autistic project.

Attached: 1404782482708.jpg (251x251, 8K)

>lets list what needs to be fixed
>wow, it's the whole game

I think he just wanted a better reason to off himself and get some publicity and life insurance for his family.

Once you get back in the groove its ok
Still lots of things to change but it's playable

Almost like every single RPG

fork the game and sell it as a different entity

Alpha at least had the glitch for a while with rogue where you could launch yourself with the glider and get major distance, but wollay is anti-fun so that had to go, instead of like making it a mechanic all classes could use at some point.

>rogue
ranger

>Exploration equipment like boats, the mount saddle, and glider do not stay region locked, and each time you grab another one from a new region, you upgrade their travel speed
Hey, i really like that idea

>cords in millions
>they're moving at really slow pace

Attached: 068.png (635x457, 376K)

Attached: 20190924181407_1.jpg (1920x1080, 338K)

rogue had a similar glitch but you had to be ninja spec for the backflip skill

has anyone tried to get into the airships to see if they have anything or actually have collision?

Considering they vanish pretty quick, I'm guessing not

Also does anyone know how to find the last few structures, I want to 100% this shit but I'm missing the harp still

Attached: 20190924182012_1.jpg (1920x1080, 172K)

Sir, we're the homestuck police, we request you come with us

Attached: your-epilogues-hand-them-over.png (1024x576, 273K)

People have been reporting spawning hundreds of thousands of kilometers away from their friends in multiplayer lmao

>similar
i don't remember the rogue glitch being able to go sanic speeds. Only levitating at snail speed

God damn, I didn't realize how many sound effects and UI elements were cut. What the fuck Wollay? Why?

>your friend is literally on the moon
pre generated "infinite" world was a mistake

no, it has a horribly balanced start, then you find one decent item and you start steamrolling almost everything til you find a legendary weapon where nothing can stop you. So you steamroll a whole zone for a few hours and then go to the next zone where all your gear loses its stats and you lose all your mobility and you have to start from the ground up with the horribly balanced start in a new area. Rinse and repeat. He really should have made the biomes smaller and have multiple biomes per region, and each biome was a different level bracket, so it felt like you were actually exploring. Right now you can just spawn in with a new character, walk 10 steps and get fucked in the ass by a Legendary Ass Raper.

the funny thing is that everything he removed is still in the fucking files. All he did was comment it out , remove references to it, or disable it

>Playing on Selo
Mangler or P99 for life, fast XP fags aren't getting the actual EQ experience.

Same. Hope more will join us aswell.

Corrected myself later, I'm on Mangler.

I think his plan was for you to fully complete an area, get plus gear and then move on to the next. The issue with this is that it's a fuckload of grind to get to that stage

So once you activate a life shrine, respawning at a nearby shrine is out the window? That's dumb, there should be a way to choose between the last shrine you activated or whichever one the game would have chosen if you didn't activate a shrine.

Attached: why.jpg (201x247, 15K)

You can teleport between shrines, but you should always spawn at the closest to where you died.

Way to not fucking read the post. I've already 100%ed my first region and never seen a single piece of + gear and i have basically full legendaries. RNG based progression is fucking retarded ass shit. Why don't you learn to use your brain you shilltard.

So what is the point of this grind? After I complete my first area I'm screwed and can't no longer use boat to go explore the oceans like I wanted?

If you go to town and fly to them from the flight master the eagle flies so fast the world can't even load and you go at lightspeed through space until you get there.

BRO ITS A BETA DONT SAY ANYTHING BAD OR WOLLAY MIGHT NOT RELEASE UPDATES!!!!!!!!!

What do we need to de compile and recompile the game?

Does anyone know what the ultimate skill does for ninja? It gave me a buff but I have no idea what it's buffing.

That's not what's happening for me, and it sounds like it's not for other anons either. It always teleports me back to the same activated shrine, seemingly no matter how far I get away from it, unless there's some huge gap in shrine locations or something. Post said that you always spawn at the last activated shrine, and that matches my experience. Is there any confirmation for one or the other?

more like years based on the beta

If you're still here, why are there so many people that don't want to move over to Planes of Power expansion and further? What was the turn-off point for them? All the sources I've read stated that PoP was one of the highest-rated xpacs.

You start throwing sureyoucans

those doors are tied to bosses, there is a boss somewhere you missed or the game is fucked and bugged

I've spawned at unactivated shrines. It seems you need to walk close to them and they'll automatically set as your spawn, while activating just unlocks teleport.

it gives you infinite stamina so you can sprint endlessly, and your basic attack turns into the shuriken throw
it's garbage compared to every other ult

This seems the most likely imo. This would actually be a fine system if the shrines were a bit easier to find on the map. They don't need icons, per se, but needing to fully zoom into the map and scan all over the place isn't very good, and the way it works now leads people to have multiple 15 minute treks because they figure another shrine must be nearby, but apparently is not, even when they change their route.

>INFINITE STAMINA
INFINITE GLIDE

Anyone know what type of food alpha dog likes?

You already have that with climbing gloves.

>Get a four star armour piece
>Two star creatures are literally no problem anymore

Attached: Cube World Screenshot 2019.09.24 - 20.21.25.06.png (1920x1080, 1.59M)

pretty much how it goes

there is no inbetween, you either get rekt or rekt mobs

It's stupid to have the power curve go from you being a god to being a piss ass weakling because you crossed an invisible line. It's straight up retarded to have EVERY level of enemy confined to the same region. Just shrink the biomes down a bit, combine multiple biomes into one "region" and make each biome have it's own tiers of enemies and equipment. Then you'd have actual progression through a region. Right now it's all RNG, if you get lucky you can become a god in the first region in like an hour or less and the whole region becomes trivial.

new cope thread pls

Even if you keep the areas the same and just make it so I don't find dozens of yellow enemies in a green zone, let alone yellow equipment. I should find green and maybe blue if I'm lucky and the step between green and blue should be large. That way each zone colour actually means something. With how it is now there is no difference between any of them because you start out with nothing no matter what.

At least from my perspective, people who played at launch considered Velious to be the peak of classic Everquest. Luclin shook up a lot of things and started to "casualize" the experience with the ability to travel around easier through The Nexus and make trading easier with the Bazaar. People tolerated it and got used to it because it didn't totally disrupt the pace of the classic experience. Planes of Power is a love hate relationship kind of thing. It provided a shit load of end game content for people to grind through with all their max level toons, but it also trivialized the earlier game experience by making travelling super easy, and minimizing some of the player economy. It was all downhill from PoP though, as it was just beating a dead horse. PoP was both the end of the beginning and the beginning of the end to a lot of people.

>No gradual improvement
>Straight up you a shit to you a gods
This was meant to be fun?

Attached: Cube World Screenshot 2019.09.24 - 20.11.22.68.png (1920x1080, 1.71M)

why are people saying this game is bad? from what I remember playing the alpha it was nice but pretty bare bones but now there is so much more stuff that he added since i last play it looks really great.

Because he's stripped the game of it's core gameplay loop and sucked all the fun of it.
If it was just the alpha with new content it would be great.

he changed the game dude, it should not even be called cube world

The good:
"Quests"

The bad:
No random generation
No skills to choose from beyond sub-class Ultimate
Ruins are empty
Overworld travel is dull and boring
>You either kill or be kill, no inbetween

Come join us on discord, friends! lots of fun!

Attached: i asked if wollay could just revert the game back to alpha.png (423x69, 7K)

Why the fuck are caves so fucking barren?
It'll take a millenium to get a decent stockpile of Iron, let alone gems.

Scroll the fuck up and read, maybe you'd get a better idea.
You're not wrong, but
>spoonfeeding

Attached: spoonfeeding.jpg (850x1062, 200K)

it was fun in alpha before he completely fucked progression, even if alpha had it's own progression issues

So, I was playing fine before this update this morning but now my cpu usage is spiking to 100% and i crashed while sailing in a boat. Did he break the game even more?

>he's stripped the game of it's core gameplay loop and sucked all the fun of it.
how so? from what i remember you just killed shit and got gear and explored and repeat till infinity

>no random generation
is that bad necessarily?
>No skills to choose from beyond sub-class Ultimate
I dont know what that means.
>You either kill or be kill, no inbetween
Isn't that how it was in the alpha I remember it being like that as well.

there are no skills, no exp gear is region locked so the stats grey out when you go out of the region you got them in

also fuckoff and read the thread faggot

I am still going to play it and see for myself if it is actually bad or if it is another case of Yea Forums overreacting to the smallest thing.

>No random generation
The new system really doesn't make any effective difference.

>No skills to choose from beyond sub-class Ultimate
The old system was so fucking basic it just made low levels more boring as you had fuck all for skills. The whole point of skill trees is specialization. In Cube World Alpha you could just unlock all the skills eventually. Such a basic and very linear skill progression adds nothing.

No, it adds progression.

Attached: 1569226791324.png (512x289, 198K)

You're functionally retarded and I will spell it out for you in plain english.
>>no random generation
>is that bad necessarily?
The world gen is worse now in my and many others opinion
>>No skills to choose from beyond sub-class Ultimate
>I dont know what that means.
There is no longer a skill tree. In any sense. Things like the boat, the glider, and riding are items you have to obtain per region to access those abilities. They do not carry over.
>>You either kill or be kill, no inbetween
>Isn't that how it was in the alpha I remember it being like that as well.
Yes, it was. And every time you killed something, you got xp. Xp is progression. There is no xp. You progress nowhere from killing or grinding mobs. They have pitiful drop rates and are only really for getting coins. The world is full of high tier mobs, barely any low tiers. You get oneshot by most things. Things a lower tier than you will still oneshot you if they have beam wands. There is no gameplay loop to enjoy here. It is complete and utter dogshit.

>expecting anything less from a reddit server

You can check a lot of other places and the consensus is largely the same.

I've been playing for around 9 hours and it's honestly both good and bad. Some stuff to fix but lots of well made points.

I guess it's playable, but otherwise, there are reasonable issues.

It adds progression towards having all the skills. The only thing this accomplishes over having all the skills from the beginning is that you have less options and therefore more monotonous combat during low levels. Oh, and brainlets will feel accomplished when they unlock skills, can't forget that.

>progression is all gear based, your level is determined by the amount of artifacts you have
>artifacts are literally just QoL boosts and have no combat value whatsoever
>gear gets reset every region, unless you find +gear which lets you go one region farther
>changed worldgen
>no seeds
>boats, hang gliders, riding pets are all 1 zone only, you can't buy them either
>piss easy to find op legendary gear that lets you solo the region and just bumrush any artifacts you know about rather than going and finding lore to discover more
>before finding it it's literally a run away from everything simulator
>can take hours to find a weapon if you are unlucky
>no skill trees
>no extra subclasses
>miniscule if any changes to customization options for races/hair/skincolor etc

I can't believe it he actually broke the game even further. I just launched it up again, went sailing, watched my cpu usage on the exe go from 80% to 93% and instantly crash. Did his "patch" fuck up the cpu usage? There is no reason it should be crashing like this.

>putting skill points into abilities to make them stronger is not progression
>but getting a lucky yellow drop that lets you completely decimate an entire zone is
Big stupid

instead of elaborating the skill system and making it more in depth, removing it was wollays solution, because thats what wollay does, if he cant figure it out he just removes it

You know what's funny? While he was posting his updates on Twitter not even once did Wollay let us know he removed the XP leveling and progression. It's like he knew it wouldn't be well received. Otherwise that would be a pretty important change to at least make one post about.

I never said that the old system is not progression or that the new system is better. I just said the old system was shit too and why.