github.com/leoetlino/project-restoration/tree/v1.5.3
youtube.com/watch?v=PhBUTjcP9a8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BotW is open world trash though

Imagine being a retard who confuses popularity with quality

Adventure of Link is the only good Zelda game

MM & WW are the best 3D Zelda's.

Imagine being a zoomerfag that thinks sales = quality

Attached: Mineshit is #1, can we fucking reset civilization.jpg (1080x667, 113K)

Imagine being a faggot sourcing instagram meme accounts to shitpost on Yea Forums

But minecraft and tetris are both objectively better than any zelda game. Those are very bad examples.

Don't shitpost about Zelda 2, you'll make us look bad.

The vidya market now is 10 times the size it was then yet it only sold double.

Twilight Princess > Ocarina of Time

Attached: 1557288605914.gif (350x350, 4M)

where the fuck is windwaker

Give at least 3 objective critics for why each one of those games is bad.
You can't, Tetris is just literally perfect and Minecraft is the ultimate freedom sandbox.

Attached: download (1).jpg (1677x910, 325K)

cell shaded shit show

>minecraft
>bad
>Tetris
>bad
D-do you play video games.... like at all

4.6 million copies according to Wikipedia.

Sales ≠ quality fuckhead

>caring about shitwaker
LOL

Zelda
>massive adventure game with a timeline spanning 30 years worth of games that almost single handedly invented the save system, many hours worth of content in each game, and plenty of replay value

Tetris
>block fall down, make line with block

Minecraft
>literally just a fucking art program

I too like boring fetch quest being mandatory.

It was apparently panned on release i think
Sad as though it is, but its one of my favourites tho

Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are two fantastic games brought down by a few flaws. Feel free to try and prove me wrong.

Attached: 7dcb354d05d16c486a0836dd8304b1bf937e7aa4.png (941x679, 292K)

Why people would buy a singleplayer bad product, user? There is no social *multiplayer pressure like Fortinate and that another game where the main character is using a daft punk like mask.

who the fuck praises a game for it "save system"?
Bait harder, user. Minecraft and Tetris are procedural, literal infinity hours of replayability and content.

The same people that yell OOT is the best ever and it always will be are the same people that say Half-Life 2 has aged like milk

minecraft and tetris are good games. I get your point though, it would've been better to show games like fifa, madden,etc

This. The sales argument will never hold. Fuck a corporations money, I want the game to be fun. And yes I realize fun is subjective to the person, my favorite Zelda is 2 so that hammers that point further home.

>salesposting

>not knowing how influential Zelda 1's save system was even if it had already been done earlier by a lesser known game

Attached: thinkio.png (369x479, 63K)

read

I don't understand how these two statements are congruent in any way.

>missing the point

I was more insulting Mineshit
>survival has less content than terraria did in alpha 0.0.1 even 10 years later
>creative is just a boring as shit art program, hardly a sandbox mode, gmod is sandbox done right since it's more wacky with the physics and shit, plus it's cheaper
>the community refuses to not be autistic, first it was screeching 10 year olds, now it's redditfags
>every multiplayer server is the same 5 mini games
>mods require a master degree in javascript to install, again gmod has mods and it's cheaper and easier to install mods

It was panned on release, yeah. I remember it quite well. I expected something more along the lines of the OOT/MM art style and hated WW. I still do, but I think I’ll give it another look.

real talk how did BotW sell that much?

Attached: 1551315312843.jpg (331x331, 63K)

OOT and BOTW are both pretty boring to me, but BOTW is awful.

>dungeons sacraficed for open world meme
>nothing to do in the game
>barely any music, hope you enjoy 3 piano keys every 2 minutes or so while you traverse the boring open world that goes on forever
>boss's are completely devoid of creativity, same goes with the dungeons.
>weapon durability memes

I do think having the shrines was a good idea as my least favorite part of zelda has always been the dungeons. Iv'e always liked the storylines in between dungeons as opposed to actually tackling the dungeon itself. But even the shrines's level design are all uninteresting and look all the same. Voice acting was about as mediocre as I thought it would be, so i'm not dissapointed nor ecstatic about it. Also the final boss is a joke and not interesting to fight. The open world is gorgeous but other than that..

Attached: 1410064703091.jpg (800x800, 162K)

Normies love open world games + being a launch title for a hit new system

>sales
xbox killed good games

Speaking about the legend of zelda, there is this patch that fixes some of the problems of Majora's mask if someone cares
github.com/leoetlino/project-restoration/tree/v1.5.3

The changed the formula, so people were impressed

>When your only competition is a blue orb with wings

Attached: 400.jpg (320x400, 128K)

>comparing sales from decades ago when video games were a niche market marketed to boys to a time when video games are marketed to the lowest common denominator as a factor of success

Attached: brainlet.jpg (645x729, 57K)

>survival has less content than terraria did in alpha 0.0.1 even 10 years later
The game isn't Terraria, critic the game at what is not as GAS.
>creative is just a boring
You are just uncreative.
>mod is sandbox done right since it's more wacky with the physics
Wacky and physics aren't whats make a sandbox in the first place (and Minecraft wouldn't handle, the game is made on voxels(chunks) instead of meches like the Source engine and is running on fucking java. Also, the Gmod isn't a game either, is just an engine tech demo.
>the community
I don't need to read any further, have friends.
>every multiplayer server is the same 5 mini games
Have you ever tried to play a vanilla server instead of mainstream money-making servers?
>>mods require a master degree in javascript to install
What? Are you senile, new to technologic or something? Forge has already an installer and after that, you just need to download mods and put on the folder "mods". It's not even harder than The Sims and the public is basically casual girls that don't play games at all.

Attached: Laura Pergolizzi.jpg (500x647, 66K)

Attached: boomer detected.jpg (200x252, 9K)

I'm not a huge Legend of Zelda fan so I'm completely unbiased. Ocarina of Time took the established formula and successfully transitioned it to 3D and had a fairly bleak tone, which can probably by attributed to early 3D. Breath of the Wild, on the other hand, was the series trying to reinvent itself. It did away with linearity and gave us a big open world to mess around with. While it certainly seems to have been a popular and overall successful move, a lot of the charm of the Zelda games comes from the linear progression through the story and dungeons. Without that main driving focus, everything ends up feeling like an aimless side quest. I'm certain if the game world was scaled back some and they added a bit more detail and complexity to what they keep, it can really improve the overall experience and immersion factor. Just because the world is huge does not mean it's immersive. It just means it will grow tedious to traverse.

Are you saying save systems are not a good thing?

Is that why massive franchises like Pokemon can't sell more than their initial titles?

Speaking of voice acting why the hell could zeldas English va not do a good cry.

I'm saying if it wasn't Zelda, it would be another game. Or do you think people would still using password if Zelda didn't happen?

Stop. Tetris is basically a shitty mobile game at this point.

You can make that same argument for any innovation.

thats depressing MM is the best game ever made and a improvment over OoT yet it has the lowest sales

whats it like having shit taste. growing up with TP dosent make it a better game

the N64 zeldas shit all over the gamec

Those scores should be correlated to the percentage of the population that played video games at the times of their releases.

It isn't gameplaywise and not even an "Innovation", is just a quality of life improvement.

>3D

Jesus fucking christ you are all fucking pathetic

Boomer would be picking Zelda1/2 or ALTTP though, not any of this 3D trash.
Low end of the 30-year old boomers barely qualify for the N64 games.

>People actually play the 2D games

Attached: myboi.jpg (1024x576, 55K)

OoT pros
>Better story
>Better characters
>Better art direction
>Better ambience and music

BotW pros
>More gameplay options
>Fun world on first playthrough
>More interesting combat, if still basic and limited

It's OoT for me. Name one character in BotW without looking it up that you don't have memorized because of r34.

Are you implying that OoT had like half the world population at the time?

>it sold more so it's better

skyward sword really was a fantastic game huh

All zelda games fucking suck. Nin tenyearolds and boomers are so deluded.

The last good zelda game was legend of zelda

The only thing that remotely comes close is minish cap

t.zoomer here
Ocarina of Time is much better than Breath of the Wild

oot is too confined by story and limits a lot of fast travel until around halfway through the game
also a fair amount of mechanics, passages, and techniques aren't explained thoroughly enough, leading to several points in the game where one loses track of what they need to do or where they need to go
this is my experience at least

No. Simply that a greater percentage of gamers cared about OoT at the time of its release than the percentage of gamers that cared about BoTW. BoTW didn't sell more copies because it is better - it sold more only because there are far more people today, and far more gamers/people with access to gaming systems.

But Skyward Sword did not sell more.

Have you never played the Oracles or what?

>30-year old
>boomer
Go back underage.

It sold more because it was a highly rated game, and the only highly rated game on its new console at the time

you're obv missing the point if you don't realize how important saving was
it's just taken as a given now, but you'd know if it was missing for damn sure
it sold the same way TP did, spread across two devices as simultaneously a swansong and launch title
>this guy knows technicals
>he old
the same can be said about three dimensions
that's not innovative, it's QoL
that's so fucking contrary, what the hell are you thinking
Oracles are easily some of the greatest, and made by the esteemed Capcom

Nope. It sold more because there are more gamers, and because the average IQ of modern gamers is far lower than the average IQ of 90s gamers due to casualization.

Minecraft isn't even really a video game it's just legos.

>8.8 million

Attached: BWAAAH!.png (1366x768, 897K)

Attached: oh.gif (244x194, 2M)

Uhh okay, where's your game then? :)

>you criticize game
>you create one then
>got 'em

>best game ever made
>Has barely any dungeons
>Over half of them are mediocre
>An uninspired world layout
>Terrible story about an "ancient evil" trying to destroy a town

an absolutely immortal meme

Delete this

Attached: 1548316176231.png (660x660, 337K)

Link and Zelda...?

Ashlyn rae

Where's the other Zelda games?

Hype, marketing, the Switch being a hit and it being pretty much the only game for the system for the first ~4 months, actually being a fantastic game and general market trends all helped.
The crazy thing is the percentage of Switch owners have it and that its not even the system's best selling game (Mario Kart 8DX is).

>you don't realize how important saving was
user, it was the natural course of the medium. The scope was getting bigger, games were getting lengthier and it was just about time and tech (data storage) to some game implement save system. It's not unique, a lot of people thought it before Zelda and even if Zelda never happened someone would make a save system. You are praising a feature that is a no-brainer, the original Zelda had a well made open world, freedom, non-linear progression, plot and that was actually achievements from the Devs, not something inevitable like 3D or analog controls.

...Did you forget you have to replay a lot of ground because of the time gimmick or what?

There are other Zelda games?

>Name one character in BotW
Daruk, Revali, Mipha, and Urbosa.

>It's OoT for me. Name one character in BotW without looking it up that you don't have memorized because of r34.
Link

Wind Waker, Oracles, Link's Awakening, the original first two games, Spirit Tracks, etc.

>imagine thinking the objectively best gameplay oriented videogame is a mobile game
>imagine defending legend of tap x to kill

>worst selling games are the best in the series
>MM is definitely better than OOT and SS is actually better than TP if you don't cry about motion controls
>BOTW is by far the best selling
>BOTW2 will flop but be the greatest zelda game ever made
i am aroused

Attached: 1564880698442.jpg (2394x4093, 3.44M)

>SS is actually better than TP if you don't cry about motion controls
SS has a lot more flaws than just motion control.

Windwaker was the last good Zelda.

nope

could have been if they didn't release it half baked and start on that twilight shit

It was the first mediocre Zelda. TP and ALBW have been the only great Zeldas since.

Have you actually played them recently? I would play WW HD over TP HD any fucking day. TP is a slog with a fuck ton of boring cutscenes, and the parts where you have to find all shit as a wolf in each area are agonizing.

TP has more flaws than SS, motion controls are not a flaw.

Seriously, am I the only fucking person on the face of this planet without severe Parkinson's or something?

1. Majora's Mask
2. BotW
3. OoT
4. Wind Waker
5. LttP
6. Minish Cap
7. Seasons
8. Ages
9. Link's Awakening (remake and original because they're identical, people bitching about "soulless" and framerates notwithstanding)
10. Link Between Worlds
11. Phantom Hourglass
12. Fifty meters of SHIT
13. Spirit Tracks
14. Skyward Sword

this is the objective quality ranking. anyone who disagrees is a contrarian zoom zoom

Attached: link beep beep.png (680x553, 359K)

Are you saying that somehow games weren't casual in the 90s?

Yes. I replayed WW with HD a couple years back and I found it to be a minor annoyance the whole time with middling dungeons and awful main quest pacing throughout. Meanwhile, I've beaten TP 7 times as that game gets its shit together after the first third.

Swap Wind Waker for LBW and you're correct.

>TP has more flaws than SS

In what universe? I even like SS and the motion controls but it didn't fix TP's flaws, it doubled down on damn near all of them.

I'm still mad they intentionally gimped the Wii U version out of features so it wouldn't beat the Switch version.

Well, I dunno, did I fucking say that, moronic straw-manner? No. Then I'm not saying it.

>the average IQ of modern gamers is far lower than the average IQ of 90s gamers due to casualization.
Then what the fuck do you mean besides "Games in the 90s weren't casual"

If you want a debate, ask for one instead of resorting to shitty buzzwords.

Attached: my-image.png (1064x467, 376K)

The process of 'casualization' since that time period has made games MORE casual (dumbed down), attracting a larger audience of dumber people that weren't able to cope with the difficulty, complexity, and intellectual demands of older games. Seems pretty obvious I don't know how you could misunderstand this.

you're taking away the game's accomplishment you heathen

Imagine not understanding the concept of inflation

it's the definition of a cult classic. it really was excellent but it diverged too much from the franchise themes, no ganon (which was actually refreshing), and all kinds of existential terror; when the fail condition is "the bad guy wins" well, you know it's gonna be a bad time, but there's something about fighting against a force as merciless and inevitable as nature itself, a cosmic horror from beyond yet a well known danger that has been tucked away from the public consciousness that just brings so much more dread to the situation, all in all it was too dark and inviting of introspection for casuals and normies to watch people go through their daily routines over and over again, too real, toiling carelessly towards their deaths as if nothing was wrong, everyone dies, turn back the clock and try again, you only have time to fix so many broken lives, the very qualities that made it such a brave undertaking and well deserving of it's cult status.

Nu-Zelda was a mistake.

Attached: 1569285107247m.jpg (1024x768, 117K)

>using tiers instead of an actual rating system
you can either win or lose there are no 4 way ties

Or maybe games attracted a larger audience because there's a lot more variety of games compared to the 90s. Also there may have been just as many low IQ people in the 90s, but they weren't seen as much because the internet wasn't in the state it is now where information across the globe is more readily available?

>you can either win or lose there are no 4 way ties
According to fucking who? Are you incapable of liking two different games to roughly the same degree?

>not including the 4 oot sales on 3ds
>not including the 2 million mm on 3ds
>does however include wii u sales for botw
>includes both for twilight princess but still didn't add it up correctly
Also windwaker beats skyward sword and should take its spot.

Seriously, how old are you? It's impossible that you played games in the 90s and haven't noticed a downward trend in difficulty, complexity, etc. All mainstream games are dumbed down for the lowest common denominator these days, increasing accessibility (and thus sales) by refusing to exclude anyone with skill/knowledge/intelligence checks. BoTW is a direct result of this process That's why there's no dungeons, it's easy, etc. Blows my mind that this even has to be observed.

There WERE just as many people with low IQ in the 90s. They weren't playing video games because video games were made by nerds for nerds, and thus were too difficult for dumb people. In the 90s, you'd get picked on if you played video games. Now, it's no different than watching TV. The cause is casualization.

It only sold 2 mil on Wii U.

Pokemania appealed to people who don't even really play games in the same way that Wii Sports did.

youtube.com/watch?v=PhBUTjcP9a8

Gaming's un-ironically full of retards now (And much bigger than in the 90's despite Yea Forums thinking they can still "vote" with their wallets). Is it really a surprise they like the game where you don't have t think very hard?

I wouldn't say games in the 90s were super complex, aside from the big ones like OoT, MM, and Metal gear solid.. Most of the difficulty in older games came from the games being kind of clunky because the technology was still fresh. (At least for 3D games). As for BoTW being easy, I'd argue that most all zelda games are fairly easy, hell most mainstream nintendo titles are easy. They've always been really casual. The only really difficult zelda game I can think of is OoT: Master quest.

7.6 mill 20 years ago is alot more impressive than 15 mil is today especially with botw being a launch title and system seller(wii u also saw a jump in sales albeit all used sales). both are great games but its going to be awhile before botw holds a candle to oot.

this is a bad take.

While I do like BotW much more than OoT and think the later is grossly overrated, I feel inclined to tell you that sales don't always directly correlate with game quality, fucking FIFA and NBA games sell millions each year.

>boomer absolutely blown out in a zelda thread
what else is new

imagine falling for shit tier bait

I honestly think BotW is the best Zelda since WW, actually, it's what I expected TP was going to be.

TP and SS were underwhelming as fuck, TP plated it waaaaaay too safe and was easy as shit. SS went on a tangent, and while it had some good moments and bits, it was linear as hell, not what I want from a Zelda game.

im sorry are you calling me a boomer? because you couldnt be more wrong

MM > BotW = OoT > TP => SS
Prove me wrong.

Imagine getting tricked into giving me a (You)

As far as marketing goes BotW was lightning in a bottle.

Hopefully BotW2 can keep more interest than what Majora's Mask was to Zelda64.

Everyone knows Majora is the best, that's also why it sold the least copies.

probably will, zelda has grown immensely fucking popular recently. my fiancee happened to see a shirt in a walmart and bought me one because "i saw you playing that game so i figured youd love this"(havent played any zelda game in almost a year and a half) but she knew exactly wtf it was because its subconsciously in her mind through marketing strategies. cool gift and all but really made me sit back and think about how having a random video game related t shirt or poster or wtfever was uncommon as i was growing up and now my future wife is finding this shit at the grocery store without even trying

BotW was hot garbage. Shame I didn't realize it until I was 130 hours in.

Imagine being a 90s kid who thinks OoT is better than LttP.

BotW recovered my interest in the series. The games just before it were middling.

I would not have bought Link's Awakening in good faith had I not played BotW first.

>new thing good, new thing best thing ever, new thing greatest in series!

Link and Zelda, who are actually characters in BotW.

>Didn't even rank the original
>Shit list
Checks out.

BotW was a running and climbing simulator. also it had too many pointless side quests.

We have to see what Nintendo does with BoTW2. They may take the opportunity of already having the engine and world to add back classic Zelda elements, with more of a focus on NPCs/characters, adding back dungeons and dungeon items, and meanwhile addressing fan complaints like durability and side quests. This is really the test to see how much new Zelda is going to resemble old Zelda. I'm thinking that if BoTW2 is simply the exact same game over again, that they're going to see a really massive drop in sales (though it'll still sell a lot either way, it would take multiple fuckups to lose good will entirely.)

Attached: 1496342886396.jpg (652x488, 70K)

>you only have time to fix so many broken lives
It's actually possible to complete almost all the sidequests in one cycle, but it's pretty hard. It's a nice challenge if you're played the game before.

BotW is the best Zelda but you're still a retard for thinking sales = quality

SS sucked because of the handholding, the repetition of areas (you basically have four areas and three of them were repeated three times each) and the general shortness/linearity of it even compared to previous Zeldas.

The best one. Oracle of Ages

Attached: hero.png (526x535, 419K)

I can only really tolerate a game like BoTW once, I think. It's a breath of fresh air but grinding through a huge open world with few characters, mostly boring sidequests, no dungeons, and the like isn't something I can do every other year.

If they can add 8 big challenging dungeons with unique themes and assets in the sequel it could be perfect.

Fujibayashi-san?

Imagine being a boomer that thinks it matters

botw is fucking hard though, it's got dark souls combat ffs, my wife has a hell of a time with it and always gets frustrated and quits, never had that problem with OoT

>Best Zelda
>BotW
Have you not played any previous titles in the series before? Or is this your first Zelda game because it was on the Switch?
It's not hard, just don't be dumbass and not try to go into parts you're not prepared for and cook food to sell at the store for armor.

>2019
>still no edit of her ripping out gras
It's not fair.

Attached: 20190812_154309.gif (368x368, 3.4M)

If you can get some friends together 4SA becomes S+

Played every Zelda except Skyward Sword and a couple of the game Boy ones. BotW is without a doubt the type at Zelda I've played, and somehow I doubt that it's trumped by Four Swords lol

BotW went back to the roots of the series, it's more similar to the original than any other entry, and I love it

>BotW went back to the roots of the series, it's more similar to the original than any other entry
I don't understand how people can think this when it shares next to nothing in common with the OG aside from both being fairly nonlinear, but even then the majority of content in Zelda 1 was mandatory compared to BOTW being nothing but 90% optional

I still can't believe notch just straight up sold it. Does he not collect anything from it anymore? Jesus, what a fucking mistake on his part.

Exploring a wilderness. That was always the strength of 1.

Some faggot said it in a youtube video so now people who can't form their own opinions parrot it.

Imagine thinking that Minish cap is not the best Kappa

>concept vs gameplay
BOTW also lacks that solitary vibe the first few games had with Hyrule being the most populated it's ever been, even with all the towns so spread out from each other

Absolutely based Oraclechad

>Exploring the wilderness

You call killing enemies every screen and bombing a hideout only a person with a guide would find exploring wilderness?

It's basically just a streamlined 3D version of the original. If you liked the original there's no reason you shouldn't love BotW.

That's precisely why I love it. Was nowhere near perfect like idiots try to say but it was the first true sequel to the original game to the point they could've nixed the subtitle as a pure remake. Though ALttP and ALBW came relatively close they still weren't quite right.

oot is unforgiving to newcomers but a pleasure for returning players
am i correct?

The areas you'd find in 1 are a lot less cryptic than people pretend they are. Generally you'll find one or two by accident, and then you start looking for them.

OoT was literally baby's first Zelda the same way FFVII was baby's first FF.

No dungeons, lots of NPCs and sidequests, food system, armor system, non-linear, a plot, it has very little in common with LoZ outside of it being exploration focused.

i still can't fathom how ff7 could be a good first game for anyone
ATB, unclear puzzles, mandatory minigames
it was all over the place

but im not here to discuss that

>The same people that yell OOT is the best ever and it always will be are the same people that say Half-Life 2 has aged like milk

This describes me exactly. HL2 is chiefly smoke and mirrors. It tries to immerse you by shuffling you from place to place and making this seem urgent in order to hide how heavily scripted it is and how hollow its world is when actually bother to examine things.

The N64 Zeldas on the other hand get more immersive the more you explore them and understand their worlds.

BotW would've been a 10/10 if it had a big sea and proper boats

>BotW would've been better if it were Wind Waker
Truth.

Both aged poorly and are wildly overrated. OoT is still a good game. HL2 has no value outside of people jerking off over new technology.

holy shit it's been so long I didn't even realize

Attached: 1565763181292.jpg (690x457, 31K)

I'm pretty certain these sales figures are inaccurate.