Would I like this game if I have never played any of the Zelda games before? The art style doesn’t put me off

Would I like this game if I have never played any of the Zelda games before? The art style doesn’t put me off.

I mainly have a Switch to play games with my wife. We have NSMBU, Captain Toad, DKC Tropical Freeze, Super Mario Party, Overcooked 2, and PuyoPuyo Tetris.

I like rpgs, the last two I played were Fallout 4 and Skyrim.

Thanks.

Attached: A8CBAB96-191A-4D35-9106-E7615DD1F11A.jpg (480x270, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lZltligVf-I
youtu.be/6b1yY5_-GFo?t=671
youtube.com/watch?v=jsppcJqc3pc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nigga just buy Mario Kart

Please jump from a tall building.

My wife doesn’t like driving games. I want a game I can play by myself.

Attached: 8EA11541-D73B-4831-9F8B-53311E161152.jpg (800x500, 36K)

Well, Zelda isn't an RPG, but LA is quite simple and has some quirky/cute moments in it as well that you and your wife can enjoy if you play it together

Attached: 1569209962335m.jpg (1024x576, 55K)

i fucking hate wh*te people

if its even half as tedious as the original LA, stay far FAR away from it.

It's an old school action adventure game with surreal elements and a new art style (+ QOL improvements). If that sounds good, get it. It's many people's favorite Zelda game ever.

yeah if you like simple puzzle solving and exploration, it's an enjoyable game. If you liked Captain Toad you'd probably like this since it's slow paced and calming, though it has way more action than Captain Toad.

why do you type like a redditnigger when you arent on reddit?

Is your wife's name "Marin"?

The sword and shield arent counted as equippable items in the same way they were in the original. That alone is enough to warrant playing this over the original any day.

Would I like this game if I enjoy sucking massive black cocks?

do you really need to ask

that doesn't mean a whole lot. many of the dungeons and their bosses are downright chores to play. not to mention those fucking acorns/pieces of power.

no here's no black people in this game.

Yeah but not having to swap items nearly half as much makes a lot of the content easier to get through. I agree though fuck the acorns and power pieces.

>easier to get through
Babby Mode alert. Remake of game confirmed for Soulless (as if that were ever in doubt).

If you care enough to play the game, you may as well just play DX.

Reducing tedium to make something easier is not the same as nerfing content through normal means. Spending half the game in the menus is not fun.

>look mom I’m trolling!

I never understood why people made such a big deal about it. It takes half a second to switch items no matter how many times you do it, that's nothing compared to the iron boots in OoT.

Because you are constantly doing it the entire game. The iron boots are for a single temple and a few side treasures. I love links awakening but this is easily its most glaring flaw and im glad the remake did its best to reduce it as much as it could.

>Because you are constantly doing it the entire game.
That's still less menu'ing than you'd be doing through a playthrough of the all beloved flawless eternal BotW.

>Because you are constantly doing it the entire game.
Yeah, I still don't get it. Just treat it as a given and it isn't a bother in the slightest, you're complaining about nothing.
>The iron boots are for a single temple and a few side treasures.
And they take exponentially longer to equip again and again, there's no comparison.

She'll be busy with the bull anyway so who cares if she doesn't like driving games

Ask yourself if you're OK with spending 60 bucks in a Game Boy game you can 100% in a single day. If you are this is a fantastic way to do it.

Attached: links hamster.webm (480x360, 2.94M)

Are they any remakes you guys do like?
I've even seen people here shit on REmake

how do you get this scene?

HGSS and FRLG

The howlongtobeat says 20 hours which seems pretty good to me

when you go on your walk with Marin go to the cliff on the beach

shit sux

I guess the only thing that comes from assholes is shit.

Now give reasons.

>FRLG
downgrade in art, features, from RS, strict gen1 wankery during the main game, sevii islands are a chore to navigate, completely pointless remakes of game like only 5 years old
>HGSS
incomprehendably bad menus, literally copypasta'd content from DPPt, the fuck was that Safari Zone, same godawful main and postgame "balance and grind" as the originals, again a remake that added nothing new and noteworthy

>downgrade in art, features, from RS
but an upgrade from RBGY
>strict gen1 wankery during the main game
It's a gen 1 remake.
>sevii islands are a chore to navigate
They aren't required.
>completely pointless remakes of game like only 5 years old
They were made since you couldn't transfer gen 1 pokemon to gen 3.
>incomprehendably bad menus
???
>literally copypasta'd content from DPPt
???
>same godawful main and postgame "balance and grind" as the originals
Despite still being bad, it's actually a lot better than the originals.
>a remake that added nothing new and noteworthy
Overall presentation is leagues above the originals if nothing else.

did you ask your wife's son for his opinion first?

Yes, it is arguably the best Zelda and the MOST Zelda game ever. If you can spend 60 bucks on it without missing out on anything important than def go for it. Also don't listen to literal austicic people telling you to just play the original or DX version. They don't exist now that this one took out all of the menu crap plus the amount of soul they put everywhere in the details such as the houses are great to look at even if i'm not that fond of the art style

1/10 I replied.

autism

You first

Why yes, that is an accurate description of your post.

>Would I like this game if I have never played any of the Zelda games before?
This is literally one of the best start for someone new to the Zelda games.
It has all the classic design and mechanics, dungeons are not braindead and handholded like in some recent games and it ha a good variety of settings and items for a gameboy game.

This, also the dash boots have a dedicated button too, making 3 less items to assign and swap every time.

>that's nothing compared to the iron boots in OoT
exactly, this is much worse, because it's not on a single dungeon with a single item, it's for the whole game and for every single item in the game.
Doesnt help that opening/closing and moving around the menu was pretty slow if played on a real gameboy.

Price is high, i agree, but that doesnt make it a bad game or remake.

Kill yourself

Nu-Zelda was a mistake

Attached: 1569285107247m.jpg (1024x768, 117K)

see

You see that mountain? You can go there.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-09-24-00h39m33s872.png (1280x738, 1.02M)

>And they take exponentially longer to equip again and again, there's no comparison.
It take the same times on both games, whoever say otherwise means that he palyed LA on an emulator with speed up.
On the original gameboy was slow as fuck.

it's all still Zelda you faggot. Get over yourself.

You're forgetting the moblins.

Link’s Awakening on the GB was the first Legend of Zelda I ever played and YES it is absolutely a great starting off point. It’s not actually too short of a game if you’re playing it for the first time ever. The world is fun to explore and full of little secrets to find. If you’ve got the money, pick it up.

you’d like the atmosphere, but think it’s too simple

You're welcome, faggots.

Attached: 3582459-54_lozla_allseashells.mov.00_00_00_04.still001 (1).jpg (1280x728, 183K)

I played LA on the 3DS, it takes half a second. It takes at least 3 in OoT.

>his first time playing this game
Don't fucking do it to yourself. This is one of the best gameplay wise, but this story is going to kill you. Start with a game with a happy ending at least.

Attached: 1557544416412.jpg (450x670, 52K)

One of the few improvements were the new shells to collect. I liked how the fishing mini game was improved and with new fish to catch.

>being a bitch
please

>he thinks he'll be able to handle it
haha, do it if you dare

Like said: bitch.
Both OoT's and MM's finales (latter's entire ride) were way more emotional. Not to mention if you have played games like SH2 or NieRs already, nothing Zelda throws at you will even tickle ya.

>"but user THIS game was worse!"
>lists games where link is the hero and saves the world and only endured minor discomfort
>but I've played other sad games so that makes me emotionally immune, I bet that means you haven't played them!
>being this retarded

Botw has a quick selection with dpad you can activate in-game for the action moments, so you only really need the menus when you're cooking or when you eat to recover health because you fucked up.
The Shrine/Beasts related abilities are all selectable in-game.

>get to take Marin on dates
>slash at chicken to see what she says
>keep slashing it
>"HAH YEAH HIT IT! HIT IT MORE... eh sorry I didn't mean it"
>mfw

Attached: afraid.png (288x562, 149K)

i thought the rat and the photo ops were removed? is this an "easter egg" or can you still visit some of the photo spots?

Seeing Bloopers and Cheep Cheeps show up was kind of cool. Made it a bit more varied. I liked the extra figurines in the trendy game too. The changes made it an actual challenge. Getting that Pirahna Plant was a bitch

>made it a challege
Not really, because if something fell out of the crane and made it impossible to grab, you could just leave and come back to reset it. And the larger figures looks hard but if you aim it perfectly, it will always stay in. Not like with the seashell. That one is actually the hardest for some fucking reason.
I also didn't like how collecting all the figures and placing them on their spots did absolutely nothing.

Haven't seen any rat or photo hut so I think you can still visit those spots

>Marin's noises when you dig
CUTE CUTE CUTE

Taking Marin with you during that one moment in the game was turned into a mini date. You can take her to different spots in the village and mess around. Like the crane game and the item shop. That just makes it worse
I'm also mad I didn't find this out until I beat the game,

If you've already paid for Switch online, just play A Link to the Past instead, it was always the better game. If you REALLY want to play Link's Awakening, just emulate the original, no need to waste 60 dollars on a 1:1 remake.

i'm enjoying this webm more than the past 5 hours i just spent on Yea Forums

Anyone notice Marin has regular ears while Link has Hylian ears?

Attached: linkears.jpg (1280x720, 323K)

I'm pretty sure you could always do that in the original, and she'd have unique lines of dialogues for various locations and events.

This was supposed to be a hint user. It's intentional

No there are actual cutscenes now. Like the cliff and the crane game.

How the hell do I switch the language in this game to Japanese?

there are non-hylian humans in later Zeldas

Most Switch games default to your console's language, so try switching your Switch to Japanese.

It specifically says in the hyrule historia that the fact that Link was the only one with pointed ears was a clue that Link isn't from that world and they're not from his.

so gay

I haven’t played it but I’m over halfway through a play through on the game boy version on the 3ds (which is like $5 on the e shop btw)

I can say having played a lot of other Zelda games that this is a great starting point. Very barebones but experimental when it was being developed. Another good point is that the original is tedious as fuck with the menus and text, from what I understand they ironed that all out.

I do find the $80 price point high but if you got the cake, it probably won’t be disappointing.

I’d also use a walk-through for the acorns.

Hey there user looking at this post, looks like you might have just beaten this game again. Want the ending to hurt worse? I got you:
youtube.com/watch?v=lZltligVf-I

Attached: 1566222337471.png (1910x977, 1.3M)

Why is link naked here

Why is she so rude

Attached: KoFI2mEfvDT_lnk3j.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

She's just teasing you. So sensitive...

>He didn't get that scene

What are other fun things to do with Marin when you have her?

break pots in her house
talk to all the animals with her
crane game
stealing items from the item shop
fall into the hole with the piece of heart near the village
play the ocarina
attack the cuccos
dig
the secret cliff

There might be more.

What about BowWow? I was kinda stupid and didn't explore much when I had him.

He doesn't do much but he tells you where to dig for secret sea shells.

She gets embarrassed if you try to take her into the dream shrine

So does link dream of the island every night?

Okay. I noticed he was doing that. As long as I didn't miss any Easter eggs or dialogue, I guess no big deal. Thanks.

I've been playing it since Saturday and it's wonderful. I had doubts they'd do it right but it's soulful and comfy

I hate that this Link fell into obscurity. Especially since another game takes place on this timeline 100 years later. And it's implied that Link is a blood descendant of the Link's Awakening/Oracles/LttP Link. So how the fuck did he get back to Hyrule? The historia implies that Link was messed up after Awakening because of what he did. That he suffered "heavy regret" but that's it. No other explanation. It would be fine if that's how the timeline ended for that Link but they added another game which just makes it confusing.

>he didn't streetpass

Attached: latest[1].png (220x283, 31K)

I hate that Hylians with "special" blood can live a stupid amount of years. Especially with botw
>lmao Impa can live well over 100 years because muh goddess
>lmao Zelda can preserve her youth while keeping Ganon can bay because muh goddess blood

>tfw crazy old man just hums the ballad of the wind fish to himself while looking at the ocean every day

Attached: 1547556930208.png (449x440, 193K)

Was this confirmed to be Link or just implied? I guess I'll look it up. There is probably some kind of wiki entry about him.

Should I play this if I've yet to play the original?

Also, does anyone ever wonder if they'll ever remake the original LoZ?

Attached: drawers.jpg (1280x720, 490K)

>Also, does anyone ever wonder if they'll ever remake the original LoZ?

Attached: BOTW-Share_icon[1].jpg (1200x630, 238K)

Ha, that's what I was just thinking. But I mean an actual 2D overhead remake.

Awakening is one of the best Zelda games and it was also extremely dated, visually. So this one had a good excuse to be remade. The other 2D zeldas aren't that bad, but I'd imagine if they remake any of them Zelda II or Oracles would be good bets.

It wouldn't be worth it, Zelda 1 is too barebones they would have to make basically an entire new game. It doesn't even have towns.

But they did remake it once, for the Satelleview

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (960x720, 127K)

I was actually shocked that placing all the figures did absolutely nothing other than having them sitting there. I thought for sure you’d get some dialogue with whoever is in the house you’re placing them in or some kind of reward for getting them all. Like a chamber stone or something. Seems like a missed opportunity

Remakes of the Oracles games would make me lose my shit.

>But they did remake it once, for the Satelleview
Huh, I never knew. Suddenly, I want to play this.

>Remakes of the Oracles games would make me lose my shit.

Legend of Zelda: Let's Go, Seasons! and Let's Go, Ages! now in development for the Nintendo Switch by GameFreak

To be fair, Zelda has always had that trait. The sleeping Zelda in Zelda 2 also didn't age.

I just beat the game on hero mode, did the color dungeon, got all pieces of heart and seashells (does getting all 50 even do anything? i got a fucking chamber stone) is there seriously nothing else to do? no newgame plus?

The only thing i skipped was danpes 4th set of shitty create a dungeons as they all just give 300 rupees.

>Huh, I never knew. Suddenly, I want to play this.
reddit prose

>hylic commoner envious the nobility is blessed with gods grace and he isn't

Is the Limited Edition worth it?

The artbook is nice and the steelbook is amazing, the overall packaging is pretty nice too but overall it's not an unmissable LE by any means. I got it because I'm a huge fan of the original game.

>wiki says a link between world takes place centuries after LttP
>Aonuma says it takes place about a generation after LttP in an interview
>said interview is even linked in the wiki
>no quotation is left for the claim that's it's centuries and not about 100 or so years
I hate fan wikis.

Correct it?

>make an account and issue a correction, maybe an admin will approve it!
nah

Ah, is it that annoying to edit? Shame then.

Thanks lad!
I'm a huge fan of the original game too, well the DX version of it but was struggling to decide whether I should get it or not since it is a bit underwhelming
I'll probably grab it now

I wonder if these people have ever played a 2D Zelda before. Literally every 2D Zelda before ALBW had severely limited equip slots.

I've played them and I never thought it was limiting. Actually, equipping the items to those slots is what keyed me in on combining weapons in the original game when I played it way back when. When I figured out you could shoot bomb arrows and combine the boots and the roc feather to long jump, it blew my mind. I thought it was the absolute coolest shit ever.

Everything that isn't LA and the Oracles has the sword, shield and other basic actions like running and lifting items permanently mapped to certain buttons or they're context-sensitive.

Speaking of Zelda lore, I'm still annoyed that Aonuma keeps insisting that BotW is on the timeline (and whichever one it's on it's the latest game on it) but won't say which. Maybe the sequel will finally get him to say it.

Yet you still have to pause the game every 20 seconds in ALttP because only one button can swap between items.

If you have an online subscription (lol) then play ALttP first.

Why not just emulate the original?

I bet Aonuma is just as annoyed that fans care so much about "timeline" and interconnected lore stuff, when it's clear as day that the creators never intended all the games in the series to be interconnected (aside from a few direct sequels) in a consistent timeline, they were pretty much forced to do it due to fan pressure just to shut them up.
Why can't you just recognize it already, and ease a bit on the lorefagging where it's not needed?

Is there any reason to play this over the original other than "it takes less button presses to switch items" and "I'm a dumb idiot that prefer 3D graphics to 2D one"

?

bump, this is pretty nintendo tier if there is seriously nothing to do after the credits. Glad I pirated it.

Then buy it for your wife's son so you can bond while her boyfriend Tyrone is satisfying her needs that your limp dick can't.

Nope, the ost is much worse too, everything is some generic remix with muted notes. The new shells and heartpeices are grindy too.

no, seriously please consider killing yourself

The length of this game is doubled because of how slow link moves.

The game is pretty clearly at the end of the timeline, but I thought the implication is that it's so far in the future that it doesn't matter which timeline it is.

BotW was made as a celebration of the whole series, which is why it has references from pretty much every game across different timelines. This led to its fluid placement where it's at the end of all three branches, it's the same thing as always where the game's features are decided first, and that influences its timeline placement which is thought of later.

This but unironically. This game is wildly superior to the original. The people saying "the artstyle is shit" are probably the same retards who shat on wind waker and wanted an ugly edgy realistic ocarina of time clone instead.

No I think you're confused. Miyamoto is the one that always insisted about the timeline shit. He's said it since OoT. Of course Aonuma has to bend that will. I don't think he's annoyed, as so much as he doesn't want to "limit" botw's story potential by announcing it's place in the timeline. He already has the excuse that the flow of time in hyrule is convoluted and constantly changing when new parts of the legend are revealed (in the same way history changes when we find new information about the past). Though, this isn't a clever loophole it's just an excuse to not have to stick to the timeline if they don't want to. That's obvious enough.

Well if you concider opening a menu, changing a setting there and closing the menu challenging then I have some news for you. The point isn't to make it easier as in less challenging, but to make it less tedious and time consuming to do basic actions

>soul
>artstyle just rips off 3D dot game heroes
>even has the same bloom

Nobody forced Aonuma to make the first two 3D games he produced clearly take place on different timeline branches. Games like Skyward Sword and A Link Between Worlds were also made with a clear timeline placement in mind from the beginning. It's just Breath of the Wild that really bucks the trend, but breaking conventions was one of its main design philosophies anyway.

And I'm saying despite that he's said that it is part of the timeline. You realize when he officially announces it people will nitpick and complain over it if it whatever follows it doesn't flow like it should. I'd like him to say it but I also realize why he won't. Lore fags are autistic in any fandom.

I don't think they have any intention to specify its placement any further. The only way I can see them doing it is if they make a game in the future that specifically reunites all three timelines into one (setting up BotW). Consider that they retconned the Oracle games' placements just to clear up the inconsistency of Zelda introducing herself to Link at the end of them, there is no way to slot BotW into a single timeline right now without creating several bigger contradictions.

I skipped the game when it originally came out because it looked too much like ALTTP to me, so I felt it was just a port of ALTTP to the GB.
Now that I've played it, I have to say I was right.
If you're not a die-hard Zelda fan, you can easily skip this one.
It doesn't bring any uniqueness to the table, it barely has its own voice, it doesn't feel cohesive - it feels like its made by someone that was told which things a Zelda game includes and they tried their best to make that.

>It doesn't bring any uniqueness to the table, it barely has its own voice, it doesn't feel cohesive
I would say you're right in terms of gameplay mechanics (aside from manual jumping with Roc's Feather), but it definitely has a strong identity thanks to its setting, story, characters and general weirdness.

>setting, story, characters and general weirdness.
Those things fall on the too silly scale for me, its why I never liked any of the N64 Rare games or MM. Its just too out there to feel like its Zelda.
And the Mario elements also feels forced.
Its not a bad game, its just if you're not a Zelda fan that has to play everything there ever was of Zelda you can easily skip it. I don't think I made a wrong decision as a kid not playing LA and I could have lived without missing out on anything by not playing it now.

Its one of the best 2D Zeldas you smelly baboon.

>Those things fall on the too silly scale for me, its why I never liked any of the N64 Rare games or MM. Its just too out there to feel like its Zelda.
Yeah, I understand that point of view even though I don't share it. I remember some people being annoyed at Spirit Tracks having steam trains, Link's Awakening had telephones of all things.

Although to me, Zelda doesn't necessarily have to be serious to be recognizable.

>my wife

I remember the good old days where people like you would not come here, you attention whoring redditor nigger

Where were the dungeons and bosses and items and old men who gave you free shit?

and music

Get botw it's way cheaper and way more content

That's sad
>that old man who hummed animal village theme while looking at mutts all day

So, remake of Oracle of Seasons/Ages in this style inevitable then?

Only if you haven't played it the original or played it 20 times already

Probably, but I'd really like a new 2D Zelda first instead.

>no camera mouse
SOULLESS REMAKE

Attached: 909779E0-5658-40BB-BE5E-2B2688E910A3.png (480x432, 7K)

OP here, to all of you jelly faggots calling me a cuck, yes, I'm a cuck, so what? That's my kink and we're happy like this, deal with it and have sex for the love of God.

He's asking about a zelda game

Real OP here. This user is a lying cuck. I don't get cucked. Only cucks get cucked. I cuck the cucks and suck those fucks.

>Remake didn't even try to replicate the kick-ass sound effect when striking a boss

Dropped

cringe image

Wait, there is no "BREHH"?

Bait.

Only play it if you REAAAAAALLY like the artstyle. If you're indifferent then just play the superior DX version on the gameboy. Then you can also get into the oracle games pretty easily since they're similar to LA

Those are in the orginal game. Stop spouting bullshit to defend a low effort remake. They even took out the photos in this version so there's actually LESS content than there was in the original with Marin.

Attached: marindate.png (1857x697, 856K)

youtu.be/6b1yY5_-GFo?t=671

Nope.

Literally the only zelda game I would say is a must play. 5 years ago I might have said Ocarina, but as I get older I realize nostalgia is what carries me through the game. LA is everything right about Zelda.

The game is censored anyway.

What people don't realize is that the rat's pictures were events that took place in the original release. Outside the photo you take at his hut the only other unique scenario is bringing Marin to the weather vane and Tarin butts in.

Attached: cutscenes.png (659x591, 64K)

DX is not the original.

You're wrong, almost everything was added in DX. You didn't meet Richard outside his castle, couldn't spy on granpa Ulrira, and didn't have events with the fisherman, the invisible Zora, the ghost and the rat itself at the bridge.

NOPE

call me when these get remade
youtube.com/watch?v=jsppcJqc3pc

Attached: LegendofZeldaAges-Seasons.jpg (750x422, 336K)

Yeah you're right, they added the cliff scene to the DX version Crane game was always there, though. And the remake is based off of the DX version, so in the end it's still something that was already there before

Attached: marinoriginal.png (692x420, 510K)

You naturally reach the front Richard's caste when you're finding the way in, you walk past Ulrira's house all the time, you meet the fisherman under the bridge if you look hard enough, you see the invisible Zora if you have the magnifying glass, you take the ghost to the grave, and you cross that bridge at Tal Tal. This is shit you'd do anyways if you follow the story and trade sequence beats; all DX did was add in pictures so kids could beg their parents for a GameBoy Printer.

>tfw Link actually talks when he discovers Koholint's Secret
Shit I dont remember that happening in the original.

Attached: linktalking.jpg (2398x1798, 1.08M)

REmake
REmake 2
Ocarina of Time 3D
FRLG/HGSS
This one

>wife
fuck off normalfag

I don't think that's him speaking outright, more the same narrator that says things like "woah this sure is heavy" when you try to lift something without the bracelet