ITT: Great games that went largely unnoticed even by Yea Forumstards

ITT: Great games that went largely unnoticed even by Yea Forumstards.

Attached: Prey_GOTY_header.0.jpg (1200x480, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cQZZ0syj4YY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This game actually suffered because Bethesda decided autistically to call it Prey

What would've been a better name? Only retarded boomers give a shit about the name.

Also, the original is rather mediocre

"Anxiety: The game"

Attached: 1568590760477.jpg (692x679, 58K)

Maybe if they kept the survival horror feeling and mimics were more common in the later half of the game

>mimics were more common in the later half of the game

Aww what? Its only the early parts?
Those things are a buncha paranoia inducing feckers.

I only stopped playing because i wanted to play it on better hardware.

Attached: 1565942535674.jpg (558x483, 47K)

>even by
Yea Forums is just reddit 2.0 at this point
Not even half of these niggas have even played Deus Ex.

Attached: 1553510968660.jpg (600x400, 36K)

But reddit likes it.

How to make this a 10/10:

>greater enemy variety
>change the Nightmare (becomes tedious)
>more mimics/more "scares" through more and unexpected mimics
>change endgame combat: using powers makes you super OP (which is fun af) but removes a lot of the tension from the early-mid game of resource management
>encourage more creative options

Overall though I highly recommend this game, a strong 8.5/10. I know my ideas are basic and vague but hey I'm just a shitty ideas guy

It’s really not that good.

Above average, sure, but in the current market that’s not saying much. The game just plays like a bad mix of Metroid prime and bioshock, and I’d rather play either of those games than prey 2016. The powers are forgettable, there are only like 3 unique enemy types, and they lose all their scare factor when you become an overpowered juggernaut. It doesn’t take more than a few upgrades until you can rip through most of the ship with minimal issues.

The setting is cool, not enough space horror games, but the story sucks and only get worst with each shamalamadingdong-esque TWEEEST.

>Has one of the most god tier OSTs of all time
>Yea Forums doesn't even seem to know it exists
youtube.com/watch?v=cQZZ0syj4YY

Attached: fd1adf8e01a6a03f1ae72c63395f9ffeac7b2b47.jpg (616x353, 38K)

>Great game

The game suffered because the combat was shit and easily cheesable and the enemy variety was basically non-existent

Enemies should have been made significantly harder to kill to make the game mostly-stealth with some combat every now and then

WHAT THE FUCK. The second that shit started I had a nostalgic reaction to feel like I was back in bed having my dad read the hobbit to me again. Thank you.

>everyone is hype as fuck for Prey 2
>Prey 2 gets cancelled
>years later, the IP's owner releases another "Prey"
>it has fucking nothing to do with Prey 2 or the first one
>publishers are surprised when nobody gives a fuck
Is that about right? I guess slapping the name of a well-received game onto your generic console FPS isn't a great way to gain popularity.

>Prey
>FPS
Retard.

Are you retarded? Yea Forums circlejerks this game all the time.

those are obvious shills. they usually shill baldur's gate and you'll see Kreia (KOTOR 2) posting at the same time.

>Is that about right?
No.
>>everyone is hype as fuck for Prey 2
Nobody gave a shit until it was cancelled and the only reason they cared was it gave them a reason to shit on Bethesda.
>I guess slapping the name of a well-received game onto your generic console FPS isn't a great way to gain popularity.
Prey was not a hugely successful game. The IP was not well known or highly regarded. The new game is not a generic console FPS. Between them the original is a lot closer to being a generic FPS. All it had was the portal gimmick. Even the "alien" weapons were all just analogues for regular human weapons.

I ended up cheesing the game by maxing out invis and silent walking, then I skulked around maps whacking people with the blue sword

That game is called System Shock 3, I don't care what Bethesda claims the title is.

If they had called it Psycho Shock it probably would have sold super well.

Which one? Completed the Jensen duology and played a lil bit of original.

game is easy as piss, what are you talking about

fucking lies
prey was ground breaking when it came out all those years ago and deserves the following it garnered

Why is Metroid Prime so loved? I'm so fucking BORED of it I can't even play it for long.

Nightmare should be able to mimic giant objects.

Nincels think it is good because it is one of the only decent FPS games they have
I also got bored of it; thankfully I bought my GameCube for Resident Evil

you people vastly overestimate the weight "prey" had to to it. nobody fucking remembers the original (hell, you can't even buy it! nor can you easily find a decent torrent. clearly nobody cares about prey 1) , and nobody cared about prey 2

Recycle Simulator

You can easily buy it digitally, on the Xbox 360
I don't know why that version is still available for purchase but the PC one isn't

SO SO FAST THE SAILING SHIP

That would be terrifying. Baiting nightmare and hiding in a corner is one thing. Nightmare hiding from you and baiting you is another.

>prey was ground breaking
There's was nothing ground breaking about a sci-fi themed FPS in 2006. It had a gimmick but so what? Most games back then tried to have a gimmick of some sort.
>deserves the following it garnered
What following? Until the shitstorm mainly motivated by an unrelated hatred of Bethesda the following of Prey began and ended with "Oh yeah, that game. I sort of remember it."

Old prey was just stolen gimmicks the game, it didn't do one original thing. Doesn't mean it's bad, I quite like it, but it wasn't groundbreaking or original in the least.

There are mimics but they seemed less frequent. They just become more of a small, swarm enemy rather than hiding

>Enemies should have been made significantly harder to kill to make the game mostly-stealth with some combat every now and then

i agree, i played it on Nightmare and, while i love Immersive Sims, this one was way too easy, specially when you know when and how to use trash to your advantage.

doesn't make it a bad game in the slightest, easily the best game of 2017.

It would have been much better if they randomly had some mimics be patient and not just instantly attack when you go a little close. They're too predictable, even besides that stupid noise they make to instantly give themselves away.

Stop with the avatarfagging...

Control was amazing but y'all bitches hate it because it has a female protagonist.

Attached: vlc_2019-09-04_14-53-47.png (2560x1440, 2.14M)

Dude it's fucking inkling, the hell are you on about?

You never seen this before? what rock you crawled out of?

>but y'all bitches hate it because it has a female protagonist.

Nah it's just that she looks like ass.

Attached: 1530491202075.png (400x650, 337K)

haha is she really female though

Radiant Silvergun, only Saturnchads have played it

Attached: Radiant Silvergun.jpg art.png (1850x1500, 1.7M)

Calling this bait is an insult to bait.

who cares, the game is all kinds of fucked up and I love it

Fuck you, it's too long and boring.

NeuralShock

>Nah it's just that she doesn't look like a preteen girl ;^(

redditspacing little faggot

THE OUTER RIM
THE INNO-CENCE

Strawmanning, but ok.

I was legit fine with her actual face cap actor.
But for some reason they made her look more like ass in-game.

Attached: Courtney-Hope-734x365.jpg (1250x621, 221K)

lol no it isn't. Let me list the issues in a format your neanderthal mind can comprehend:

1. the only reason that matters; the gameplay is boring fucking shit. a third person shooter with really unsatisfying combat and weapons; and not only that every weapon reloads in the same way (you wait a bit for it to recharge... how exciting; every encounter is "shoot weapon/use psychic" cycled). They probably thought they were being clever by making every weapon branch from a base weapon, and getting rid of those "unnecessary" reloads; this just shows they don't understand the mentality someone has when gunning somebody down, and how satisfying it is to reload a smoking weapon after a difficult kill.

2. motion blur cannot be disabled and makes me want to vomit; i had to install some random fucking DLL to turn it off

3. late-scp tier writing (bad); I was MILDLY amused by some of the earlier notes but the quality of writing dropped off immediately and became indistinguishable from any generic title. not only that but I could easily predict every twist they could throw at you immediately. I had mixed feelings about them breaking the 4th wall immediately because, as I mentioned, it made it easy to predict the story, but at the same time the early moment where the janitor heard the narration is the only time I smiled and felt something, even if it was only bemusement.

4. every element in the game is derivative and generally uninspired. From the typical cuhrayzeeee geometry astral plane to the oh-so-creepy whisperings... it's just all been done before. This is before mentioning that they are straight up ripping off scp.

Beacuse Bethesda only cares about their open world action adventure games with dialouge choices

Ill get it for $20

>publishers are surprised nobody gives a fuck
They weren't surprised at all given they abandoned any and all marketing attempts after the reveal trailer. They thought it would fail and moved on.

THE LOVELY AIR
THE WIND IT BREATHES
IT COMES

COME ON LADS SING IT WITH ME!!!!

>But for some reason they made her look more like ass in-game

This is the tale as old as time in games. Facial capture and modeling exact faces of females leaves us with flat, ugly dolls. Uncanny to a harder degree than men.

No. I really wanted to like it because I enjoy SCP but it was too marred by checklist AAA game features (pointless RPG progression system and levels, crafting, lootbox rewards, quests, etc.) and extremely bland combat against even blander enemies.

*clears throat*
UH, ALL THE AVATARFAGS OR NIGGERS AS I LIKE TO CALL THEM, GET OFF THIS COMMUNITY BECAUSE IS FOR WHITE PEOPLE ONLY, UNDERSTAND, CAUSE IF YOU DON'T I WILL MAKE BLACK PEOPLE AND INKLINGS SLAVES AGAIN!!!

WHEN DO YOU FOLLOW
WHERE DO YOU LEAD

all I see is whining

>Wah wah t-the gameplay sucks!!
>Wah wah motion blur makes my t-tummy hurt!!
>Wah wah m-my utmost spectacular tastes nurished by only the best visual novels tells me that the writing is bad

So yeah, it's still an amazing game and it will continue to be. Atmosphere, sound design, graphics and even gameplay are very good, especially once you're in possession of all your powers.

Hope your gigabrain can comprehend that.

Attached: 1568486612620.png (600x600, 458K)

WITH A CUT CLEAN HANDS
A FIRE TO FEED
LIKE THE SIGNS OF THE COSMIC
THE CRUSH OF THE EYE
ITS JUST BETTER IN BLOOD LIKE THE SUREST OLD SUN

Yea Forums is an insane asylum

>powers
>gravity gun with a new name

Sorry your game sucks, Remedy. You've been fucking up ever since you removed the open world aspect from Alan Wake.

Emily should've been the main character.

BRING THIS AND GUARDIAN HEROES TO STEAM ALREADY, TREASURE

WHEN DO YOU FOLLOW
WHERE DO YOU LEAD!

also, let me continue on a little tangent about how shit this writing is. so they read a bunch of scp and they were like "OH so SCP is just items that do weird things! that's cool let's put those in our game!" and how do they do this? Do they incorporate these weird objects in interesting ways? Nope. This "object of power" isn't just telekinesis with a different name, no, it's a floppy disk!!! Isn't that clever! Do you have to use the floppy disk in a computer for it to work? No... you just pick it up... and you have telekinesis now. It could have been anything, a toy robot, a sock, who gives a fuck? Why even make it an interesting item when that shit has nothing to do with what its effect is and you just pocket it and have telekinesis anyway? The next item... a carousel horse... you just you know, pick it up psychically or whatever and now you can DASH. Wow what a cool way to incorporate scp objects in your game.

SOMETHING SOMETHING SKYYYYY
STILL LIVING IN MY NOSTALGIA BUBBLE!!!

WITH A CUT CLEAN HANDS

however, I will say there are positives like some visuals. The service weapon itself is an interestingish concept but not enough to carry the whole story. Some of the camera work was good, actually one moment at the beginning made it too obvious that the nature of the story was 4th wall breaking because of what the shot communicated.

I also liked the furnace room, even though the concept of an evil furnace isn't that great the visuals and the feel of that room was pretty good. I felt both dread and a fascination for those brilliantly burning flames.

>but y'all bitches hate it because it has a female protagonist.
i used to spam against this kind of talk in all caps because it is simply the wrong notion. Yea Forums loves female protags -- they just have to be really pretty.

do i need to start spamming it again?
because they post the whole female protag thing so they and their friends can purposely reply with the most sexist things so they can publish it as genuine on social media and even academia now

This is exceptional. Thank you user.

Attached: yotsuba headphones.png (338x338, 153K)

No need. It's just a dumb strawman he's built for himself. Anyone who's actually played the game knows it has major flaws.

>they just have to be really pretty.
nah, some faggots around here even like mediocre looking girls like Yukari, Chie, or Haru

Kat is my wife!
And she is cute!
CUTE!

Attached: 1568152659530.png (812x889, 414K)

who the fuck slapped MY wife's ass? you're about to get metooed off this fucking planet you son of a bitch.

Attached: 1557462422786.jpg (1200x1761, 691K)

UR IN THE WRONG THREAD AND WRONG BOARD

>even by Yea Forumstards
Not sure what that means, because the game is well regarded by the gaming community.

Also pic related.

Attached: 214490_20190915012805_1.png (2560x1440, 2.8M)

is that alien isolation? I noticed it... im just too much of a pussy to expose myself to hours of heartpounding terror.

I generally hate sports games, but Pyre's still in my top 10.

Attached: Pyre Banner.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

It's only slightly terrifying. It's a really good game, you should man up and give it a go.

Attached: AI 2014-10-12 21-50-56-07.jpg (1920x1080, 65K)

all prey needed was a deeper skill tree

>not that scary
>immediately posts pure terror
>i've been talking to a namefag
>now im ded

Attached: 1543474693301.jpg (1022x357, 55K)

another one

Attached: 5739_1_c.jpg (2560x1440, 2.2M)

I can’t sneak away from the faggoty alien when he appears, he keeps catching me ):

I’ve been stuck since the game came out because I’m a n00b

>someone on Yea Forums fucking sucks at video games
color me surprised.

Here's another one.

Attached: 305620_20190526010445_1_c.jpg (2560x1440, 2.4M)

buggy mess of a game and devs don't give a shit

Came to 360 as well.

They're also easier to deal with because you're better armed and can even get an upgrade that lets you spot them with the psychoscope while they're disguised.

>the original is rather mediocre

Exactly, when I first heard about it I thought "a remake of a game I never played or cared about" and almost gave it a pass. I don't even remember what it was that convinced me to pirate it, I usually don't like these sort of simulation shooters but I really enjoyed Prey.

Worked on my machine :^)

Wasn't the game originally called Typhon?

Either way, Prey is great. One of the best games I've ever played, if I'm honest.

I still need to get around to playing Mooncrash.

Attached: Prey_MorganGlooCannon_Dec16_1485355715.png (1920x1080, 2.03M)

>Start of Prey
>Take the flashlight lying on the floor by the electrician
>Move it near the elevator
>Go to the top floor
>Flashlight is on the floor in the same place I put it on the lower floor
>Thought it was a coincidence or a weird glitch
>mfw finding out the truth
That whole intro was pretty great.

Attached: RToXc.gif (229x140, 945K)

Arkane has never made anything that wasn't polished mediocrity

funny, I did the exact same thing and thought it was just bad coding until the intro transitioned.

Prey 2 was cancelled and it looked really cool, then they strapped the franchise name on a good but completely unrelated IP

>Control was amazing but y'all bitches hate it because it has a female protagonist.

It probably is ! The problem is that the emotionless, manjaw dyke is simply NOT MARKETABLE.
For a story centric game you NEED a protagonist that can be the game's posterboy literally and figuratively.

Attached: 1568672586006.jpg (1200x675, 145K)

It's not that good. Great concept, loving world design, some really fun mechanics, terrible combat and enemy variety, poorly thought out central gameplay concept.

dont you dare call me that ever again! thats our word.

>enemy variety
These enemy variety posters are probably the retards that praise Bioshock, although literally every enemy there is a human with guns or melee weapons.

I haven't played Control but from what I've seen, the game looks boring and drab as all fuck. Everything looks bland, from the combat, to the environments.

Literally nobody younger than 45 gives a shit about Deus Ex. Take your pills, grandpa.

I post about enemy variety and I also hate Bioshock. There just isn't enough fun differences in enemies. Nothing in the game made me approach it differently than "Run at it with a shotgun" or "Gloo it and hack it"

>Also, the original is rather mediocre
Summer is over kid, go back to >>>/reddit/

Maybe, but there is a ton of enemy types + elemental versions. I agree that the game could be much harder though. The status effects they added in Mooncrash should have been in the main game, it would instantly make gameplay more difficult and interesting.