TLOU 2 gameplay is shi-

>TLOU 2 gameplay is shi-

Attached: 1556311468166.webm (640x360, 3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BF0EaH73ee4
youtu.be/8ZYkj0glnqs
web.archive.org/web/20001203043100/http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/126.asp
youtube.com/watch?v=Nl8k8nR1h2Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tanks a sledgehammer to the face
DAMN SHE A STRONK WOMAN SHE DON'T NEED NO MAN

cringe

youtube.com/watch?v=BF0EaH73ee4
As many times as it takes.

xd

Looks so fucking scripted.

multiplayer will legitimately be kino, dont give a fuck about the story. all the people at naughty dog that actually care about gameplay are on the multiplayer team.

your mom is scripted

there is gonna be a huge downgrade but no one will care.

Attached: 4836fa5.jpg (727x727, 39K)

Because it is

t

This shit is so fucking cringe

Same thing happened with the 2012 demo

This, looks way too good to be true

-lled
How much input is there like 5 button presses for the whole clip?

Anyone who unironically believes this is a real representation of gameplay deserves to be hung so they can't contaminate the gene pool

Reminder.
youtu.be/8ZYkj0glnqs

When does this come out an will it be in IMAX?

looks scripted

why not watch a movie at this point?

>sledgehammer to the face
>from a man thrice her weight
>also a man

fuck man, I want whatever bullshit she's on

>shaking off a sledgehammer hit

you would be dead.

>That guy with the hammer suddenly stops existing when off-screen, then pops back into existence when the lady with the bow is killed
Is it just me, or does it feel like he should have been hitting Ellie while she was comboing the lady with the bow?

looks like more shit AI from the first game

You can just tell Druckman wishes he could direct movies

Maybe on a harder difficultly

now way this is final, I bet it looks like fucking tomb raider 3 at release

same with Kojima

He is directing a movie

why is this game taking so long anyway?
i feel like ive been hearing about it for years now

is this going to turn into another final fantasy 13 versus scenario?

You need to suspend your disbelief a bit to enjoy almost all game combat systems. Unless you're playing something like Arma, you have to accept that your character can take far more damage and heal far faster than anyone really could.

A new trailer drops tomorrow, the game will be released in February 2020

I guarantee you if you play this game on Grounded difficulty, like the first game, you will die from that.

At this visual fidelity these brutal animations actually make the game look lees immersive and kind of silly. That sledgehammer hit to the head should have been a game over right there, and yet she not only recovers in milliseconds, but instantly starts shooting arrows at him. It looks bizarre.

>Perfectly ducking under and backstepping from sledgehammer swings

Scripted. What's the point of a game if you just auto-dodge everything?

Not likely, since that whole sequence is heavily scripted. I guarantee nothing like that happens in the real game

>can't play as joel anymore and beat the shit out of everything with your bare fists

Pass

IT'S FUCKING ART, YOU PLEB

>now you'll beat the shit out of everyone with the fists of a 12 yold girl :^)

YOU GO GRLLLLLLLLL

I'd accept that, but instead she's just using a lame ass machete and a bow and arrow.

again, grounded difficulty makes everything an actual survival game. you die from 2 shots from max hp, one if to the head, no wallhack, stealth everything

>Grounded
>Added after the first game launched due to complaints
>Intended.

I see the gameplay is still shit.

Why can't they be the "Uncharted studio" if they're going to make movie games. At least with THOSE I have fun despite the cover-shooter systems not evolving (to be fair: Neither has Gears) since 2007.

Look at all that automatized combat
Can't wait to playe the brand new Snoy's cinematic experience

>Trusting Naught Dog demos
lmao, might as well trust ubisoft demos.

Attached: aipufg.jpg (635x707, 88K)

Is this a Tomb Raider mod?

True, but the more realistic the devs make their game look, the harder it is to suspend the disbelief, unless there is some in-universe explanation, like cybernetics or some magic shit. If you expect me to wave off the unrealistic combat damage, why being so obsessed with making everything look like real world? Sending opposite signals here.

>crouchwalk
>shoot bomb
>mash melee button
>cinematic dodge
>run up and melee enemy because the ai is retarded
>shoot long range stealth weapon at close range with bodyshots to stunlock enemy until they die
-t

There's like 5 buttons being pressed that entire webm

>QTE fest
HAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAAAHAHA

Which novel of his are they ripping off for this one?

Attached: cormac-mccarthy-no-country-for-old-men-literary-star.jpg (768x1049, 281K)

That does sound appealing, if it's actually the case. They should show that instead of this silly shit.

Insecure much, low test?

Attached: tenor (2).gif (268x254, 1.71M)

Don't forget the crouching through waist high grass. Because it's not like every single 3rd person "action adventure" game of the last 10 years doing that has made it even more terrible than it already was.

GOTY

>They should show that instead of this silly shit.
That wouldn't make a good trailer though.

That would make me buy their game though.

suspension of disbelief doesn't work for a game with this graphic fidelity ed wood

Nobody cares about a random Yea Forums contrarian

its almost like its a videogame

Joel tanked several shots to the body and head in the first game. It's just a game bro.

>swing hammer claw first
>spin around to head to stick into someone with the claws

Attached: 1556071046582.jpg (708x1000, 205K)

Right. They're trying to appeal to the masses, which is why I doubt this game has any depth or complexity. It's just another Uncharted.

>realism in games is CANCER fuck normalfags
>wtf why she not die from that bros omg this isn't realistic

Attached: 1364836648304.jpg (719x719, 62K)

14 bongs left to really know the truth

See, we've reached a point where games are trying their fucking hardest to appear to work with similar rules to real life, down to having the characters look, sound, and act like real people would look, sound, and act. All this only serves to make the "video gamey" aspect of a video game more apparent. These enemies seem to react somewhat realistically to being shot at and struck, so why, even if you survive the attack, does a sledgehammer hitting your player character in the face cause them to react like they took a punch?
Well, to make it easier to play, of course. Too bad it just doesn't look good.

dude violence lmao

story seems kinda sjw and lame but gameplay looks fun, probably buy it when it's like $20

Why did the guy with the sledgehammer take so long in his windup? Is he retarded?

There is not a single second of real gameplay in that video. Every single person with some working brain in their head knows that.

>playing juden propaganda
good goy

Attached: 1512845365592.gif (800x600, 637K)

>game tries to be realistic
>is overly realistic in a ton of ways
>isn't realistic in insanely obvious ways

-it. It looks like shit. Hard pass.

Oh, so that's what it was, fucking NASA jews

Yeah, people seem to be selectively forgetting how jerky TLOU 1 was and how you always snapped into the admittedly pretty good pre-baked kill animations awkwardly.

So it's a scripted Quick Time Event simulator?

I'll never be annoyed at the hammer guy stopping his attacks and letting the player kill the woman with the bow when he's off-screen
Like fuck

*never not be
See I'm so buttfrustrated about it I forget to type words

STRONG INDEPENDENT THINKER WHO DON'T NEED NO MEMES

This shit was in the first game though

yeah and Joels a lot bigger than Ellie

>crafting
>animations more canned than the output of the fishing industry
>bow wankery
looks like shit, just like the rest of naughty dog's output since Jak 3

Attached: 1454293549086.gif (640x360, 922K)

Attached: 1528807062393.png (1716x2632, 2.94M)

This is obviously not grounded difficulty.

Can't wait to see Yea Forums seethe when TLOU2 has a 97 next year & joins this once exclusive list
> 99 - Ocarina of Time
> 98 - SoulCalibur
> 98 - Super Mario Bros 3
> 98 - Panzer Dragoon Saga
> 98 - Metal Gear Solid 2
> 98 - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
> 98 - Half-Life
> 97 - Metroid Prime
> 97 - GoldenEye 007
> 97 - Super Mario World
> 97 - Breath of the Wild
> 97 - Super Metroid
> 97 - A Link To The Past
> 97 - Super Mario 64
> 97 - The Last of Us Part II
> 97 - Super Mario Galaxy 2
> 97 - Grand Theft Auto V
> 97 - Super Mario World 2
> 97 - Grand Theft Auto III
> 97 - Red Dead Redemption 2
> 97 - Super Mario Odyssey
> 97 - Perfect Dark

>fag thinks a 12 yold girl can take a sledgehammer to the face from a fully grown adult men
>calls others low test

lmaoing so much breh

> All those groundbreaking games
> Then there's garbage like Super Mario Odyssey, RDR2, Dykes of Us & GTA V

Are videogame developers the biggest liars in the world or what. THANK GOD I never bothered with this piece of shit zoomer game

>unironically caring what male feminists who don't play games think about vidya

half-life 1 and 2 are sitting at 96 you dense fuck

fuck off retard

its just a game bro
also she's 19

Wrong, Half-Life had a 97 when it came out. Metacritic is full of shit & copied all of it's reviews from GameRankings until about 2009
web.archive.org/web/20001203043100/http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/126.asp

>malnourished
>skinny
>short
>girl
>killing full grown men
>taking hammers to the face

fuck off girly faggot, you must be one of those guys that thought having a skinny niggress beat drake was a good idea too lmao

You, me, and everyone in this thread knows that the game won't actually look or play like that. They never do after they actually release the game. It'll be downgraded heavily.

Attached: The scene that upset millions.jpg (1825x1027, 619K)

mindless violence.

sorry but you're wrong

>that like/dislisk ratio
kek.

t

look at this faggot wow

and when it doesn't get downgraded, what then?

What really worries me is how so much of it seems scripted. If the game actually manages to pull off such a cinematic combat without breaking the imersion, it'll be great. Otherwise I think is shit, yeah.

we will complain about it anyway because it's a Sony exclusive

>gameplay
LOL

> Not a single RPG
Fucking why?

-t, but by using cinematic animations and dynamic camera actions, it's faked to look like it's more exciting and interesting than it really is.

user if browsing Yea Forums has taught you anything it should be that no one knows you're not supposed to grind until you one shot everything in an RPG

It's the Road again with touches of lesbian coming of age drama.

Not like they have the balls to make a Blood Meridian or---heaven forbid---Suttree

You gotta admit this is some retarded shit. When did video games get realistic?

the worst part about Yea Forums is that everyone says it's not political and we just want to have fun and play video games but it's actually full of people who constantly bring up politics and make sure that we have no suspension of belief

nothing but baby-/pol/ wet blankets left on this fucking site the worst part is how fucking obvious you're all just 16 year old facebook meme group types

though i hope the game has a hard mode where a single sledgehammer shot is realistic enough to kill fucking anyone

Doesn't look fun at all. The only reason the original soared to such heights is the pedigree riding off of Uncharted.

Ignoring all the trolling in the thread i hate the melee combat in LoU and uncharted. The whole spam melee till enemy dead is terrible no matter how many pretty animations you cover it with.

Why don't they just make a movie? Everything in this is so scripted. I can't imagine playing a "game" where you are treated like too much of an idiot to perform the actions yourself.

>IT'S SUPER REALISTIC
>something completely, stupidly unrealistic happens like a 12 year old girl eating a direct hit from a sledgehammer like it's a pool noodle
>IT'S JUST A VIDEO GAME, GOD
dump it

Attached: bog.jpg (480x360, 23K)

Of course, brother. Can't wait to have my tastes dictated by Metacritic once again. Yours truly, a massive faggot.

this shit is so scripted

after the exploding arrow, she engages the guy with the sledgehammer with her machete. at the 00:18 mark, there is NO WAY FOR THE PLAYER TO DODGE THAT GRAB HE DID ON HER. scripted garbage movie game

Attached: sankyuu.png (200x200, 9K)

This is basically the fallacy realismfags will never be able to justify.
If it was truly realistic, it'd be pissing people off with how difficult it'd be because things like guns being shot into your face or a sledgehammer being swung into your skull would instantly kill you.
In Uncharted they tried to justify it by stating you don't regenerate health but the luck Drake has to not be shot full of bullets but that won't really fly in this gritty serious setting with survival elements and crafting.

point to one realism fag in this thread

what i'm also bothered by, again, is that TLoU is just walking and talking with short bits of gameplay in between. that gameplay footage just tells everything and how the game will run its course regarding gameplay
>small bits of gameplay in really enclosed areas, stripping freedom of gameplay from the player

i say this because the first one's multiplayer fixed everything when it was unscripted player vs. player
>make good engine
>make it a shitty movie game
>don't allow your own engine to shine in single player

You don't get to explicitly bait the shallow politics of a particular crowd in order to get them to buy your game without opening up yourself to criticism for that choice and mockery by people who dislike those politics. The director has been honest about shoving politics into his games for this reason, and he's welcome to do it, but we are welcome to talk about it and say it's bad. So fuck off. The moment they stop openly patting themselves on the back for doing is the moment we'll stop shitting on him for it. The moment he starts putting some grown-up politics in his games, that's when we'll talk like grown-ups about it. Until then, we'll talk about this game in the manner which it deserves, the manner that the creators have decided on.

From what I can tell, the "Grounded" difficulty in the first game is exactly that, a realistic mode where you can't take so much as two bullets to the torso before you keel over.

>play Devil May Cry, a game where you are a magic half-demon powerhouse capable of ridiculous feats of strength and resilience
>still get knocked down if an enemy that's bigger than you hits you with an enormous weapon

Doesn't have to be in this thread, I'm making a general statement.
Normies will gobble this shit up because it's "gritty and realistic" which apparently translates to mature but if you were to poke holes in its realism by calling it out on it, you get responses like Hell, games journalists recently started crying that more games need easy modes to baby them because they don't want challenges, they want to be held by the hand through a Disney World ride.

no one cares that you fucking tell people that you don't like lefty politics

it's that you never ever fucking stop telling people, actively seek out literally every single opportunity like a fucking video game vegan to let everyone in the god damned vicinity know your power level without any sort of doubt as some fucking fat retard who never talks about anything else

How many autistic Söytendoboys will off themselves when it releases?

Attached: 1564054916877.jpg (1024x768, 122K)

But wasn't that added after the release of the game?
On top of that, anyone playing on Grounded probably aren't the same people praising the game for its "realism" because people who can actually handle a challenge in a video game oftentimes don't use that as their target for praise towards a game.

reminder that the left has infiltrated games simply because they think their enemy enjoys games. they do not care about nor buy game at all. they want to destroy games because they believe it will lower their enemies' morale/ the same thing happened with marvel comics when they came out and said their push in diversity caused sales to go down and alienated their old, core audience. there is a good reason why people, in general, hate leftists

words words words

go back to /r/kotakuinaction

what's wrong with immersing yourself into a game and universe and not it being just like real life? In real life we didn't and couldn't have an apocalyptic zombie outbreak in 2013. Game sucks don't buy. Seriously.

>it's that you never ever fucking stop telling people
>discussion about a game with politics in it has politics in it
As I said, as soon as Druckmann stops using shallow sociopolitical bait to get more sales, we will stop talking about how retarded it is. TLoU2 threads are easy to ignore anyways, grow up.

>grow up
Yeah yeah, you sure got the moral high ground up there whinging about leftist politics in a game you're not gonna buy.

Attached: 100524-limp-bizkit.jpg (430x286, 40K)

> Action Adventure (Nintendo)
> Fighting (Namco)
> 2D Platformer (Nintendo)
> Role-Playing (Sega)
> Stealth (Konami)
> Sports (Activision)
> FPS Shooter (Valve)
> FPS Shooter (Nintendo)
> FPS Shooter (Nintendo)
> Open World (Nintendo)
> Metroidvania (Nintendo)
> Action Adventure (Nintendo)
> 3D Platformer (Nintendo)
> Cinematic Movie (Sony)
> Open World (Rockstar)
> Open World (Rockstar)
> Open World (Rockstar)
> FPS Shooter (Nintendo)
Literally 71 % of this list was made by Nintendo & Rockstar, fucking defend this. Why are Critics so biased against any developer that isn't Nintendo or Rockstar?

just stop being a RWA lmao

it's not even a good tony hawk game either

>bow
I wish this fucking trend would die already.

Approximately 0. Either you only have a Switch and thus only really cared about Switch games, you had a PC and didn't give a fuck about exclusives in general or had some combination of the systems and could easily get whatever game they wanted. I've had a PS4 for around 5 years, never once even played the first The Last of Us because it looked like a boring game to play and the narrative was praised to such dizzying heights that it will never live up to a fraction of the hype it was given. As such the only thing that'll irritate me when TLOU 2 comes out is a repetition of all the dickslobering comments like "IT'S LIKE IF CITIZEN KANE GOT A SEQUEL AND WAS ALSO A VIDEO GAME" and "I PUSHED A BUTTON AND ELLIE BROKE OUT OF A CHOKEHOLD AND STABBED A GUY IN THE EYE NOW THIS IS WHAT GAMING IS ALL ABOUT" and shit like that while people act as though it's impossible to dislike the game without being connected to console war faggotry.
So yeah, 0 suicides is my prediction because anyone without a PS4 to begin with probably wouldn't give a fuck about this game.

Attached: 1561658273681.jpg (962x1024, 113K)

>both Nintendo and Rockstar games always sell like hot cakes
fucking defend this, why are sales so biased against any developer that isn't Nintendo or Rockstar?

Nothing wrong with it but immersive =/= realistic.
You wanna talk about immersion or how this looks like a live action movie or some shit that's one thing, but don't act like it's realistic if you don't want folks nitpicking exclusively to disprove it.

>discussion about a game with leftist politics
>"HOW DARE THEY DISCUSS LEFTIST POLITICS REEEEEEEEEEEE"
You are a fucking child. Naughty Dog has fucked up the marketing for this game. They have made leftist politics the main draw of this game, so that's the main thing that gets discussed. If you don't like it, don't view discussion about the game. At the very least you could actually contribute to discussion about other aspects of the game instead of bitching that the discussion you aren't participating in isn't going the way you want it to.

None of the games made after 2002 except for Mario Galaxy & BOTW deserved a 97, and if we are being honest GoldenEye, Half-Life, GTA III & Tony Hawk didn't either since they aged like shit. A good game should have been amazing when it came out & still great today. I can think of tons of games that deserved it more

>Either you only have a Switch and thus only really cared about Switch games, you had a PC and didn't give a fuck about exclusives in general

Sorry, not how it works. People are fucking retarded and there WILL be consolewarfags screeching because Link's Awakening is SO much better than TLOU because it's on the Switch. Don't know what PC and Xbox fanboys would put in that category but you get the point.

>instead of bitching that the discussion you aren't participating in

wow you're so close

This is a bad post.

Realism isn't a single meter you fill up with realism points. You can be realistic in some aspects and unrealistic in others.

>5 button presses and watch the animations happen for 5 minutes

Sales don't = Quality unless your from a genre that normally doesn't appeal to normalfags

Folks will be nitpicking shit they don't like anyways. You can't win.

You're not participating, you're shitposting about your political opinion while trying to feel superior about people who shitpost about their political opinion. You're not even saying why people are wrong, you're literally just complaining that people have diffferent political opinions than you. Grow up.

You just get here from Reddit?

>gameplay
>its actually qtes 90% of the footage

lol

no

Yeah I hear you, retards exist everywhere. It's tiring to listen to them. I don't know what kind of brain parasite you need to think $60 was a good price for LA yet it's getting bought by people all the same.

Attached: 1527264991222.png (726x662, 677K)

If OPs video really is indicative of "gameplay", then 95% of the time you're actually "playing" and not just walking around slowly to pad out dialogue moments you're going to be locked into elaborate "cinematic" combat animations that take control away from you.

Has anyone ever made a detailed breakdown of the number of button presses and combinations that it takes to get through a combat scenario in one of these games (adjusted for QTE smashing) - then compared it to a combat scenario of similar length and setup in other games?

i dont care what anyone says, grounded in the first TLOU was fucking balls hard.

loved it though, finished it twice on grounded. but fuck me, dealing with infected were the worse, actually felt as if you were fighting for your life.

>dude lol just forget about the gay main char that kisses a jewish lesbian lol just buy your propaganda goy

I saw a video where a guy grabbed a hammer in a street fight and killed another grown man with a sing hit to the head. I dont think a fender bender is worth going to prison over.

the first one still looks good and has better animations than many of the games released since then. this one will raise the bar again, wether you like it or not

You probably play games where you get shot a dozen times and heal with food.

it sure looks cool but I know that that the game is doing 99% of the work while you just "press ( X ) to badass"

please delete this, sony always wins

user, that's an FMV. nothing is being rendered.

And those games probably aren't photo-realistic and is trying to tell a "serious" story.

Where are all the popcorn head not-zombies? Have they even been mentioned once in any of the previews for this?

I'm not saying uncharted was the pynical of tps design or anything but the verticality and freedom of movement present in its combat encounters was pretty unique.

that was the most scripted gameplay I've ever seen outside of Todd Howard's bs.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nl8k8nR1h2Y
Professional animator analyzes the video in detail. Thought it was pretty insightful as someone who knows nothing about animation.

Is Yea Forums gonna be ready for the definitive GOTY to be shown off tomorrow?

Seriously, why just spend half the money and make a movie?

This looks almost entirely scripted.

It amazes me how game developers are able to constantly lie and fake what their game is going to be like and no one seemingly cares. Yeah, sure, you get the occasional "GRAFIX DOWNGRADE" crap, but that is like 1/100 games, and nearly every game does it.

The game will not look or play like this. It will not have animations like this. It will not be anywhere near this quality. It is a lie. A fabrication. A scripted series of animations and scenes made for promotional purposes. Just like The Last of Us 1, what is in the trailers and what is in the game will be night and day.

Attached: man smoking.webm (480x360, 451K)

naughty dog is notorious for fake gameplay footage