Dragon Quest V thread

Dragon Quest V thread

Attached: 33AAAC87-1803-449B-A36A-B694D3ABBD78.jpg (261x370, 26K)

SLIME draws near!

Attached: Slime2.png (1200x1134, 367K)

Papas comes to the rescue

Attached: 9DDB82C1-27AB-4207-A05E-FEEC5546F1E0.png (237x405, 117K)

who did you pick as your wife?

I picked Nera because she was the nicest/kindest to me

Attached: D7jo3BYUcAAn40A.jpg (1000x418, 56K)

Deborah.

Attached: DQ5_debora.jpg (2045x3996, 2.38M)

Cute!

I chose Bianca, but Nera is based. The game hardships Bianca so choosing Nera over her is respectable

V has the best protag, prove me wrong.

Attached: dqv hero saber.gif (400x250, 190K)

You can't be proven wrong, because you're not wrong. He has a badass pops and he grows into a badass pop himself

He's also adorable as a kid.

Attached: dqv pankraz.jpg (556x800, 137K)

DQ5 has the best parody

Attached: Yuusha Yoshihiko.jpg (704x396, 115K)

Debora since I chose Bianca and Nera in the SNES version. Debora has some of the best party chat in the series.

Isn’t that a FF/DQ mixture parody?

By season 3 it was mixing in a bit of everything. I haven't finished it yet, but there were Mario, Monster Hunter, and Parasyte parodies.

yeah, it's pretty much jrpg the parody

Nera so I could NTR Crispin literally to death and so I could reverse NTR Bianca

BASED CHOICE
BASED REASONS

Attached: t pose.png (750x650, 1.13M)

what do you guys think of the zenithian trilogy overall

I played 4,5,6 years ago
I remember the plot and characters of 4 and 5 pretty clearly
whoever i don't remember shit about 6, i know the game start with the heroes losing to the demon lord and there was time traveling back but that's it

I remember 5 and 6 well, but dont really remember 4 all that much compared to them.

I picked Bianca at first because the game obviously nudges you toward her. But I was a dumbass and forgot to save about two dungeons' worth of progress. So I ended up reloading back to the save I made before picking a bride and went with Debora, and enjoyed the repeated content a lot more.

>Accidentally fight this insane motherfucker as soon as the third act starts because I thought I should take my kids to go see their aunt and grandparents

I fucking hate family reunions.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

I haven't played 6 yet but I liked 4 and 5. 4 was interesting with the different characters per chapter and I really liked Torneko because he was a jew simulator character. 5 is basically Berserk

Attached: 0037-019.jpg (1091x1600, 438K)

>Marry a girl
>She gives birth six days later

Attached: 1551920003105.png (276x222, 17K)

You know you only lose half of your money but not your progress, right?

I bet you watched LoTR and thought it took place over the span of a couple days too.

Post based apple bro

Despite how bullshit the movie turned out, am still interested in seeing it, I think the design for it is actually good.

>HAHAHA FARTS XD
The deepest DQ huh?

Attached: 20190923_23_24_37.jpg (238x212, 8K)

No, I was playing on an emulator and thought I hit saved state before closing the game, but it turned out that I had just forgotten to save and was back at Lofty Peak before getting the flying carpet. Since I was gonna have to replay a big chunk of what I had already done, I decided to try picking a new bride and see what changed.

I didn't literally see the sun rise and set six times in Lord of the Rings.

Bro it's a skunk

I stopped playing after Sancho and the kids found the statue.

Attached: 133026281432.jpg (494x400, 21K)

I think I'm only halfway through 8 but boy am I tired of it already.

Post best girl Deborah

DQV is the only DQ I've ever played. I liked it a lot, do any of the other games hold up?

Try 3 and 4.

Yeah, if you like 5 you'll probably like 4.

I picked bestgirl Debora of course
the rest are cuck choices

1 2 3 and 9 are the only good Dragon Quests. 4-6 are legitimately awful snoozefests that lack the magic of the first 3, try to add a story like Final Fantasy but halfass it so hard with such boring characters it'd be better off without one, and boring gameplay to boot. At least 3 and 9 had the vocation systems to make leveling somewhat interesting.

3, 5 and 7 are the good ones

Those are my favorites but they're not the only good ones

6,7,8,9,11. 4 is kind of average.

Yes.

2 is the worst game in the series and 5 is great, what are you talking about? I didn't like 4 though, characters were boring and starting from level 1 five times was obnoxious.

The party did get isekai'd into final fantasy one episode

1 has such little substance, 2 wasn’t beta tested, and 3 gave you lifeless party members. 4 was straight foward and boring, but there really isn’t anything else that comes close to 5

Can I pirate it yet?

I got into DQ a couple years back and stopped when I realized it was jarpig for smoothbrains.
Convince me otherwise

Thread spins up and down
Healie's come to town
From the /dqg/ lost in Yea Forums

Attached: 1556721836293.png (250x333, 190K)

1-3 is good for a classic NES rpg feel where there's no story and you have to use your imagination, but FF still wins in that regard (better gameplay)
9 is good and there's multiplayer(as in same overworld/dungeon and can enter battles together) if you have a friend. The story is minimalistic but still has some good moments (kinda depressing though) and better than whatever 4 5 and 6 tried to do. The vocation system rocks and gives a sense of character customization/growth(Like in 3, you make 3 "companions" without personality or plot importance.

But Final Fantasy is still better, even XIII shits all over DQ

Attached: 81QV+ANfpuL.jpg (1291x1695, 281K)

Stop replying to shitposters.

>jarpig
wat

original guy you responded to here, IX was one of the games that got me into it and probably the only respectable entry into the series for me. I can't stand the rest of them though.

All of them feel so shallow. To this day I still believe the entire series is alive because of japanese boomers and trendy Yea Forums hipsters who want to believe DQ is something bigger than just an uninteresting mish mash of ultima and wizardry.

>season 3
did the translation get finished?