youtu.be/81fuQ2UFRRA?t=158
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bottom:soul
Top:soul____

black people did this

Nice memes

>wind waker
>real zelda

Attached: 1568641728548.png (797x865, 993K)

I dunno what you're talking about, Spirit Tracks was kino.

Zelda is whatever Miyamoto and Aonuma say it is.

NO, it was the jews

Attached: Zeppelishock.png (287x540, 53K)

Didn't they say that BOTW 2 would be darker and more mature?

Zelda started going downhill when Aonuma gained full absolute control.

There was always 2 different Zelda styles every generation fuckeroni and cheese

Looks like what happened is you cherry picked some images to give yourself something to cry about on the internet

Here's the thing. From the trailer, it's "darker" in a Marvel way. It's hard to explain, but it's artificial darkness.
Meanwhile, the dark aspects of the classic Zelda games didn't treat the audience like idiots.
Look at this clip:
youtube.com/watch?v=3-rrXB9GWDY

In nu-Zelda, in the scene where Link sees Ganondorf through the window, there would be dramatic music playing when Ganondorf looks at Link, followed by a long flashback where Zelda explains telling her father about her prophecy.

> 2003 - Koizumi leaves as developer, next Zelda game is universally acclaimed but the next one loses GOTY despite being the most hyped game since MGS2
> 2007 - Koizumi becomes new developer of Mario, literally his first Mario game releases to RE4 level of critical acclaim
This isn't a coincidence

Cringe

It's astounding to me how UGLY Skyward Sword is visually, because I don't remember it looking that bad in my memories of it.

Bump

it was the work of an enemy stand

Only some character designs, sure.
However I'm hoping someday it gets an HD touch up that fixes many of its issues, then it would likely look gorgeous.

Koizumi's great and I'm mad that he got promoted into producing and managing. He still has work to do as a director.

Like it or not it still kept some of the horror elements intact

Attached: LHrfoK.gif (320x240, 789K)

>imagine thinking anything in Wind Waker is scary.

Why isn't Link to the Past on there?

nothing

Attached: NiBYbNiBgMT9uBUUKDNAD6-1200-80.jpg (1200x675, 47K)

Attached: thumbs up.gif (600x338, 3.66M)

doesn't need to be scary, the cutscene leading up to Ganondorf, he ganondorf fight, and the ending are some of the most powerful cinematic stuff in the series. TP's is kinda lame because it doesn't do much unique.

bump

for the record, i don't even agree with this image. I'm just trying to prove a point that you can cherry pick certain aspects that are cute/cool from any zelda game.

i actually do prefer OoT,MM and WW to all the other games here, but I get what the remake of LA is going for and Spirit Tracks is actually not that bad, the train certainly isnt anything bad about it.

but god damn Skyward Sword NPCs suck compared to any other Zelda game, they all look fucking queer.

Attached: old zelda.png (2000x1500, 3.28M)

kill yourself fucking zoomer

horror as a genre =/= scary

evil dead 2 is not a scary movie, yet it is, by all accounts, a fantastic horror film.

Did someone just put WW in the real Zelda category?
You fucking zoomers need to fuck off and go play ALLTP and LA

only a zoomer that was 5 when WW came out would think WW qualifies as a "real Zelda"

if you don't like wind waker because it's cartoony you're a fucking bitch, links awakening is so cartoony that it has disney animals.

both games have equal parts cartoon and equal parts atmosphere/seriousness

OP here, I've played both. ALttP is a fantastic game. I'm not a huge fan of LA, but it's good.

Feel like defending yourself from being a zoomer? What stuff do you like?

Attached: 1568345487161.png (1800x662, 88K)

>if you don't like wind waker because it's cartoony
When did I say that you fucking zoomer? WW isn't even a bad game. It's just gimmicky as hell and not a single part of the game is memorable beyond the god awful Triforce hunt, and that's not a good thing
I will admit the Tower of Gods was pretty hype the first time I played it

What part of LA was serious? The 'muh dream' part? The final boss says "lets rumble". Get off your high horse. It can be Zelda and no be serious or doom and gloom. Or it can be all that shit all the time. The only Zelda games that aren't Zelda games are the CDI games and Skyward Sword nah I'm kidding Link II def isn't tho

Attached: 1568484560735.jpg (600x599, 80K)

i remember when they announced it at e3 and everybody sperg'd out over the fact that it wasn't the ugly tech demo from the year before. then everybody played it and subsequently realized it was great.

I personally felt myself asking the same thing when Ocarina of time came out. Link looked nothing like how he was portrayed in the artwork of link to the past, nor did he capture the soul of the old sprites. He had a Backstreet Boys haircut and looked way too influenced by the ‘90s and was the beginning of the feminization of Link.

>artificial darkness
Really nigga?

Not exactly sure how Link looked influenced by the 90s, or how he had a "Backstreet Boys haircut".

this

Why do you guys think every Zelda has to be a horror game just because majoras mask was a little spooky?

FPBP

One of the best zeldas.

>why do you guys want Zelda games to be like the best Zelda game?

>WW
>TP
>old Zelda
You're trying to piss me off aren't you?

the pig monsters during the sneaking mission scared me as a kid

the future is now, old man

I guess you’re a zoomer, then. In the ‘90s everyone had this haircut. Just watch an episode of saved by the bell or something.

Attached: 57DBF21B-F462-491C-BAB7-2EE0D1D68C11.png (537x600, 405K)

Majora isnt the best Zelda
Stop being a contrarian
They dont have to be horror games, but it'd be nice to have some semi serious moments in a game about fighting evil
I liked the way BOTW and SS balanced out their serious and silly moments to be honest, granted SS was a little too "wacky" in some parts

One of the high schoolers in my tech center class had this haircut all month and every time I saw him I thought of OOT Link

you don't enjoy anything anymore and you know it, just do us a favor and kill yourself

WW is from World 2 (~late-1969/1970/1971-2005) and TP, though released in World 3 (2006-present), is a World 2 holdover due to both development happening in World 2, and the few traces of World 2 that were still in existence in 2006-2009.
So they're at the very least old-school.

fuck off dewey

This is one of the Backstreet Boys with the same fucking haircut.

Attached: E7571352-7C9D-4FFE-B617-6D8843774741.jpg (432x480, 30K)

Twilight Princess is the best Zelda game.
>best sidekick
>best graphics/design
>best villain
>best bossfights
>best story
fight me.

Attached: 7a97e1fdefcc4768201574c781cdb402-320-80.jpg (320x179, 13K)

I was thinking of Link's in-game model, which doesn't quite have that haircut. But yeah, the official art is pretty 90s-ish.
The game itself is a product of the 90s, particularly the retro Y2K era late 90s. So it's to be expected.

too bad most of the dungeons are pretty fucking shit
the snow temple was the only good one

not that guy, but it's not really contrarian to think MM is best Zelda, it's a pretty common opinion. It took all the good shit from OoT and just kinda ran with it, did some shit that's wholly unique to that game, and has an atmosphere unlike anything else in the franchise. My favorite's ALttP anyways, but Majora's great.

>Real Zelda
>No ALttP
Shit image. Shit thread.

Zelda is a varied and interesting franchise. The only ones I'd say are genuinely bad are the two DS games.

That said, Breath of the Wild, ALBW and yes, Link's Awakening remake were all fantastic.

Attached: Greatest Tresure.gif (360x266, 616K)

Has Zelda ever even been a serious series though? I'd say it's serious enough. Do we really need ganon to rape Zelda to get the point across that hes evil? I'd argue forcing every game to be spooky would make it even more silly

Wrong. The water temple is the only bad one. And even that had an amazing soundtrack to make up for it

He committed genocide against the Gorons for essentially no reason.

>3D Zelda
>"Real Zelda"
Cute

Also Wind Waker is one of the shittiest Zeldas ever made. It blows my fucking mind that this game is as lauded as it is.

Attached: illust_74922555_20190621_011252.png (1378x2039, 2.03M)

>the water temple is the only bad one
none of them are "bad"
theyre just fucking boring and uninspired as hell
by the time I got to the city in the sky I just wanted the game to be over

Nah fuck you. I liked phantom hourglass. Spirit tracks did get annoying at times though so I can see your point there.

The last mainline Zelda literally takes place in a post-apocalyptic Hyrule and the sequel is implied to be darker.

>it's a pretty common opinion
here in the den of contrarians
dont get me wrong, its a good game i loved it, but its not the best
>forcing every game to be spooky
dumb
>lmao how wacky xDD everyone is dying
also dumb
They need to balance it, like I said they did a good job of that with BoTW

I mean sure but we didn't see him do it

it just kinda drags. it takes forever to get going, and right when it starts to get good some bullshit slows it way the fuck down, the worst of this being the 'lol you're a wolf now' for way too long. it's got its moments, but i distinctly associate it with being slightly more frustrating at its worst than it is enjoyable at its best.

both of the DS games are bad
Phantom Hourglass is the worst of the two so congrats on your shit taste

>calling TP's dungeons "boring and uninspired" in a world where Breath of the Wild exists

most of my friends, who have long since stopped posting on Yea Forums (some of whom never even did), usually say either wind waker or majora are their favorites.

>Skyward Sword doesn't have any horror elem-
youtu.be/81fuQ2UFRRA?t=158

Yeah what I'm saying is its fine as is. We've had darker Zeldas before and will likely have them in the future but I also don't mind a relaxing happy Zelda game either when they happen.

You guys are looking like that autistic cartoonist who thinks Link shouldn't be blond because he was bullied by a blond when he was a kid.

was he hot?

Based. This is true.

that is, until BotW happened

>Nu-zelda
>Posts the smash stage of a zelda game
Did you do that on purpose?

Those are both Zelda you faggot, one of the charms of the series is that it can be cute and light hearted and dark and depressing all in the same game
Fuck off

>no trap link
one job

The trains and flute minigame in spirit tracks easily make it worse than phantom hourglass. I don't hate the game but phantom hourglass just never made me feel as annoyed or frustrated as spirit tracks did at times. And why are they bad games? I enjoyed them enough. Not every game has to be as good as your favorite game

>whataboutism
BoTW existing doesnt make TP's dungeons not boring and uninspired retard
WW shouldn't be anyone's favorite.

This. WW is one the worse Zelda games. even Skyward Sword is better.

>10+ years since release of both
>not old

The boat and sea travel and Phantom Hourglass are awful and backtracking the dungeon is easily the worst part about both of them
Dont get me started on how shit the actual dungeons are in both games because they ultimately boil down to
>enter room
>either kill all the enemies and move on or solve the "puzzle" with that dungeon's item
They both took the Zelda formula of "use this new item to beat dungeon" and absolutely beat it to death

well they're not "retro" but they're 2 console generations ago.

If the console used a disk to play the game, it's automatically not "old"
kys zoomer

i guess in two generations BoTW can be considered old Zelda now with that retarded logic

Ah yes, the Famicom, my favorite modern system.

I'd call WW pretty retro in terms of its aesthetics.
TP isn't aesthetically retro, but it has the soul of World 2, so I'd call it old-school.

well the ones who say that are by-and-large the visual artists among my friends. but also, some people really just like the whole sailing mechanic

i feel the opposite, i like spirit tracks a tiny bit and i don't really like phantom hourglass beyond Linebeck.

Attached: ZeldaGhost.png (380x252, 147K)

But everyone thinks Majora's is the best. You're the contrarian.

Compared to my ugly ass, yes

TP's dungeons are the only saving grace for me, personally.

>But everyone thinks Majora's is the best
Nobody outside of Yea Forums thinks Majora is the best
Again
We are in the den of contrarians so me disagreeing with you contrarians is being contrarian by default
I literally can't even argue with this opinion without being a contrarian myself

well breath of the wild will be old in 2 generations, yes.
gamecube isn't retro, at least I don't think so. N64 is already pushing it.

it's been 17 and 13 years respectively mate. arthritis is coming

>discs are the same as floppy disks
youtried.jpg

I'd call GC retro.

Attached: Final_Destination_Melee.png (580x476, 259K)

and that's your opinion that you're entitled to have

I think the parts where Link turns into the wolf were just fucking cringe.

>Twilight Princess
>Sonic Unleashed
Why was the 2000s such an edgy decade?

retro can be anything that is no longer seen as contemporary or modern that has been reincorporated into current style/zeitgeist. and considering gamecube games have started to be spotlighted more and more by collectors and shit, and all the kids who grew up with the gamecubes are in their mid-20s-30s, it pretty much counts

lol

I fucking love GameCube's late 90s early 2000s aesthetics, Melee and Luigi's Mansion are perfect examples. I guess you could say it's retro, later titles just don't feel "retro" though.

>ps1
>not old
i think you're just trying to hold on to your youth. it's too late. let it go.

So what do we call the first two Zelda games
Because if every game that's older than a generation or two is magically "old Zelda" then I guess those games are "AN ANCIENT ZELDA HAS AWAKENED" Zeldas

Yes

Attached: tumblr_n7883yCU481rlai9ao1_400.png (400x214, 90K)

>as a kid
>WW
MODS WE GOT AN UNDERAGE

If you were born in 1994, you'd be 25 now and would have been able to play WW at 9, ergo as a kid.

idk, i don't hate the games themselves, i just absolutely hate using the touch screen to move link. i don't think they're great, but idk, phantom hourglass in particular had some neat things here and there

this boomer's got dementia

There were two console generations that existed before the PS1
and I was too young for both. now fuck off the PS1 isn't an "old" console

classic(al) zelda, duh

why do you guys make me feel so old...

The exact post you replied to is "scarier" than tons of stupid horror games out there.

How about ALLTP all the way to the oracle games then?
Are they older Zelda? I mean if everygame is going to be old Zelda after a generation or two, why wouldn't we classify the oldest games as something else?

three console generations. also, that has nothing to do with whether or not a console is 'old.' it's a piece of computer hardware from 1994. that's fucking old by pretty much everybody's standards.

i mean, think of it this way. Don't we kind of classify 1950s Disney shorts as "old shorts". Well what about 1940s and 1930s?
They're all "old Mickey Mouse". Eventually we'll have to classify different eras of games rather than just saying they're "old".

So there's 80s Zelda, 90s Zelda, 2000s Zelda. In 15 years BOTW will be old, yes.

You're forgetting Shadow the hedgehog too

A jewish stand

Go unga with the other bungas, you nit-picking gorilla.

Attached: Forest.jpg (950x571, 193K)

90s zelda. i'm aware that the oracle games came out in 2001, but the first year or 2 of a decade are still, aesthetically, in a transitional period that's closer to the previous decade than the current ones.

So, here's Link's concept art for this game

Attached: 101.jpg (2048x1552, 402K)

I preferred the boat to the trains. At least the boat gave you a sense of freedom and there were interesting random encounters. The train was always a boring slog. There was no need for that much unnecassry downtime. It brought an otherwise interesting game down so much. I agree with the dungeons being pretty weak though. I don't think that entirely ruins the games though. I enjoyed the more action oriented nature of them. Reminded me of the original Zelda

furthermore, game boy color was 90s hardware anyway

Attached: 102.jpg (2048x1560, 791K)

>WW
>not nu-zelda
how fucking old are you, zoomzoom?

snif

the fact that they considered using the actual shield from Links Awakening but decided against it pisses me off so much.
It was fine in A Link Between Worlds because it wasn't a direct remake but this is fucking ridiculous.

read the post dipshit

You're doing it wrong.
World 1: Pre-1945
World 1.5: 1945-1969 (give or take a year)
World 2: 1970-2005
World 3: 2006-present
It's about the general atmosphere. The 80s and 90s had very different cultures and feels to them, but they shared a greater atmosphere.

I liked spirit tracks. It was basically phantom hourglass but with trains. The trains were so bady executed though. I know they were trying to come up with an interesting gimmick and the trains could have worked but they just didn't. It was such a hassle. I remember having fun in several parts of the game only to realize I had to go back on the train to get to another area. It was like a mandatory cutscene every time. And the fucking animals on the tracks holy fuck. It was maddening.

>we almost got classic Link
FUCK

Attached: 1.jpg (1280x853, 203K)

what the fuck is this 'world' shit you're on about? are you some kinda new age schizo?

shhhh
the zoomers in this thread are busy trying to convince me that WW is old Zelda because it's two generations old
Dont worry in 14 years BoTW will be old Zelda too!

>pre 1945
so the first 11945ish years of human civilization are just 'one' step?

i wouldn't call it 'old zelda' but it's an old game, and it is zelda.

What a fucking retarded post

Now that I think about it. you think this toy style will be a recurring style like the LTTP or wind waker styles were? I'd say probably not but they did already create all those toy assets

none of the LA concept art captures the same magic as this link cuz all the eyes look fucked. They should've kept his big nose though.

>Link's Awakening remake
>Not soul
??????? the art style is pure soul.

>best villain
Zant lost everything that made him cool by becoming another underling to Ganon.
Ganon in this game is one of the best despite barely appearing, he had a cool fight and him dying on his feet like a complete boss was cool. Could've needed more screentime though.
Definitely not the best villain though.

It's more social theory right now, but there might be some quantum mechanics attached as well.
Basically, I'm trying to find a way to divide times by atmosphere rather than by numbers. It's hard to explain, but the best I can do is tell you to visualize being a kid in the 30s, and compare it to being a kid in the 90s. Technically they're part of the same century, but the way of life is so different it's like another world.

To make things easier, I'm dividing times that are in living memory, but to be honest, the 1800s had more in common with the 1500s than they do with the 1990s.

Attached: the-early-2000s-didnt-end-until-2006-starter-pack-ask-com-26819327.png (500x387, 96K)

>zelda
>mario
>do
>pokemon
it's like nintendo compromised on the art direction since the win because of how low-power their console specs have been. things didn't have to go full cartoon

The Ganondorf boss fights were easily the best part about TP
Shame about the rest of the game though

I think the point of the style is to go with the idea that Koholint isn’t real
But it’s entirely possible they could recycle some assets and crap out an Oracle games remake

>bottom right and middle are a decade old
>bottom left is criticized for the same things wind waker was
>bottom omits BOTW for some reason

>shooting the windows before zelda does shit
I NEVER KNEW ABOUT THIS HOLY SHIT

>Link's Awakening
>no DX
>no HD
Are they trying to pass this game off as an original game? Are they pretending like the original didnt exist? What gives? The other remakes had some kind of identifier. Fucking nintendo

If wind waker is not a real zelda, neither BOTW is.

I doubt it. They pretty much act like those games don't exist aside from the occasional timeline placement but even tri force heroes is on that shit

well this i can agree with, but i'm wondering what your purpose for doing this is. i've also pondered this kind of thing, especially in regards to the fact that the drastic rate of change from wwII to the present should certainly have led us to move from separating eras by decade to even smaller chunks of time at this point. (apologies for how awkward that sentence is, i did not sleep very long last night and i'm feeling it right about now)

>bottom left is criticized for the same things wind waker was

So the fags complaining about it now are going to be as BTFO as losers in the early 2000s were when Wind Waker ended up being one of the earliest examples of a timeless 3D game that still looks great even though we're getting up on its 17th birthday?

WW is from 2003 (2002 in Japan). It's a boomer game.

Try actually interacting with people outside of here. Majora is not a popular choice but there are people who think it's the best outside of here. Don't know why you keep insisting on this.

The art style is intended for purists who would've cried bloody murder if they took the 2D sprites and massively overhauled the entire visual aspect of the game
I actually like the way the game looks, but of course there's no pleasing Zelda fans ever. Just wait until the next remake so LA will be god tier
The Zelda cycle is very real
wish the music was better though.it was like they tried to emulate the GB's crappy midi sounds with real instruments and it just sounds weird

this.

There might be a scientific explanation for these paradigm shifts, possibly relating to quantum theory. This is all theoretical right now, but if it were ever explained, it could answer a lot of questions about the nature of our reality.
In other words, it's armchair science. But MIT doesn't accept the uncreative.

This game can't come soon enough.

I would just like to know HOW the game is going to play out
>BoTW clone with Zelda following you around
or
>underground permadungeon fun with Zelda following you around

I prefer the latter because it reminds me of Dragon's Dogma BBI but with cute princess companion

maybe the part where Marin and the Nightmares seem terrified their world is coming to an end

paradigm shift is not the term i would use, since you're talking about shifts in cultural zeitgeist and not much else. science is still comfortably within the same paradigm it's been in since quantum mechanics was accepted into the mainstream, and art is still deeply entrenched in a recursive post-modernist loop. i'm not going to pretend to fully understand quantum mechanics, but i very much doubt they are influencing the speed at which cultural interests shift when clearly it's the growing ubiquity of the internet, then smartphones, and the closing of the digital divide. 2006 is roughly when the first touch-based smartphones started to come out, before the iphone standardized the concept in 07 (though before that, you things like the blackberry or even the sidekick as a kind of transition from flip phones into the current standard). add to that the great 'migration' from myspace to facebook, the birth of twitter in 2006, the growth of things like Yea Forums and reddit throughout that period, and it pretty much matches up with your world 3 starting point.

I want BotW2 to have co-op through Zelda so bad but I know it's not gonna happen. They are going to come up with some bullshit to remove Zelda from the equation.

People already divide this by generations. You're wasting your time.

Also, Spirit Tracks is based.

Trying to use Smash Bros’ graphics as an point immediately destroys your argument.

I'm afraid the trailer we saw is going to happen in the opening cutscene, Zelda is going to be captured AGAIN, and we're going to spend all game rescuing her

i imagined this death grips style
WHAT
THE
FUCK
HAPPENED

>it’s hard to explain
i.e. you’re pulling this out of your ass

Attached: AB54007F-2693-4690-932C-2D38B62CA84A.jpg (324x270, 15K)

generations are kind of bullshit though. if someone has old parents and siblings that are like 15+ years older than them, are they not raised under more-or-less the same conditions/parenting style as people of a generation prior to theirs?

>What the fuck happened?
You got old

cringe

>Wind Waker
>real Zelda
It was as cringey as everything on the bottom

>real zelda
>3d
Goddamn kids

Attached: botw2.jpg (3215x2779, 1.33M)

>no BotW in the nu-Zelda
Faggot nigger cunt

>It's hard to explain, but this isn't your average day darkness.
>This is artificial darkness!

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 9K)

To quote Richard Feynman, "nobody understands quantum mechanics". However, that doesn't mean we can't try to put pieces together. As I cheekily admitted, it's armchair science, but these theories make fun thought experiments and help us make legitimate observations.

this

Wind Waker is by far the worst 3D Zelda

alternatively: video games become a multi-billion dollar industry, and mario and link are like mickey mouse and goofy at this point

How is the king bemoaning the loss of his kingdom and lamenting the cruelty of the passage of time at all cringey?

>Is called BotW2
>pic only has two shots of BotW2

well i mean, i don't deny that quantum mechanics literally affect everything in the universe, but i don't think you can apply it to cultural observations like this unless you're trying to suggest that TIME ITSELF is speeding up or something.

Actually you're the one with the shit taste.

What is this trying to say?

Time has moved on, friend.

It's just a reminder of what nintendo is going to deliver to you in their attempts to pass it off as something good.

It's more to do with a, for lack of a better phrase, shift in atmosphere.

I think it's Nintendo delivering exactly what is being shown. Nintendo isn't obsessed with the past just because you are.

the flute shit is pretty annoying because of how finicky it is but the fact that you use it to play the intro to the final boss theme is one of the coolest things I've ever experienced in a videogame.

>Stop being a contrarian
That's not a contrarian opinion

the better phrase you're looking for is zeitgeist.
>the defining spirit or mood of a particular period of history as shown by the ideas and beliefs of the time.

The best horror is when you're a kid and you don't really understand things so just a simple strange atmosphere can really spook you without you even understanding why

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

The kiddy shit cartoon visuals

Aha lancer joined your thread

Attached: maxresdefault_(33).jpg (1280x720, 33K)

I don't even know what you're trying to say here.
Also what the fuck is the big mouth thing from

plenty of shit has decent concepts with poor/cringey execution

It's a recurring boss from Skyward Sword.

>artificial darkness
Yea Forums was a mistake

Aha toby fox is a lolsorandumb hack and you should kys

But it's not just cultural. The manner of life itself has changed.
Think about it. The average kid in the 1930s might be spending their childhood selling newspapers, and occasionally playing in the woods.
The average kid in the 1990s would be coming home from school with their friends, warming up some Kid Cuisine, and playing some Banjo-Kazooie or Carmageddon. Then they would watch a VHS of Labyrinth or something.

It's such a vastly different experience it's like a different plane of existence. That's why I use the term "paradigm shift". Something big on a worldwide scale would have to happen to change the way people live and interact with the world so dramatically.
And what do you know, at all the turning points, something big did happen.
1945=end of WWII
1969-moon landings
2006=touch-based smartphones introduced, like you said, and start of the subprime mortgage crisis, as prices began to fall, which would snowball into the Great Recession, a worldwide collapse of the banks

Perhaps a major event that has a massive political or cultural impact on the world is enough to change our perception of what life is about.

Ahh, that makes sense. Skyward Sword was the only Zelda game I dropped two dungeons in cause I was fucking bored. I don't recall a lot of it

You missed the game pretending to end thrice and fighting that thing at least four times.

that's not global though, you're literally describing changes that largely pertain to lifestyle in first-world countries. lifestyle is by-and-large inextricably tied to culture, and in a lot of cases, your statement presupposes a certain level of wealth within these countries. your description of 'the average kid in the 90s' would have only applied to the middle class in a lot of cases. you're taking something that may have been your own childhood experience and assuming it's true across the board, and that's already a bad basis for some kind of universal model of existence. furthermore, wwII was the product of cultural shifts after wwI as well as a reaction to the great depression (in the west anyway). the moon landing was a product of the cold war. these things didn't just happen out of nowhere and then suddenly cause peoples' reality to change, they just literally influenced the societal norms and cultural expectations of everybody involved in them.

however, as you said, events with 'massive political or cultural impact' have already been shown to change peoples perception of what life means across several studies, as does one's upbringing, the things one is or isn't exposed to, and general life experiences/memories. this is not a new, revolutionary concept.

hell, even speaking a different language profoundly affects your perception of reality, including basic shit like how identifying different shades of a color is way easier when you have a word for those specific shades.

That ain't '94, those references are much too young for him. Not to mention those born in '94 are millenials.

I think ultimately, it's something you just have to feel. There is no way I can put it into words. I can't make you feel these experiences; it's something you have to feel for yourself. And yes, all of those events were results of other events, but that doesn't change their significance and the consequences that followed. Like I said, this theory of mine is in the theoretical stage, so it's not gonna be perfect. But I think it's a hell of a lot more effective when grouping times than having fixed sets of years.

Justin Bieber and Harry Styles were both born in 1994, and their music was primarily targeted to teenage girls, who in 2010 were born in the 93-96 window.

>miyamoto
>miyamoto giving a shit about zelda
>miyamoto giving a shit about anything at this point
u rike my gemusu?

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 21K)

Who are you quoting?

You pretentious lying Fuck.
>duuude, like, fake dark
>It's only real dark if I like it, maaan
>you don't understand what real dark is, it's a like a feeling, broo
I've played every Zelda, and do not see dumbing in tone.
If anything, the series has developed more overtly dark themes of dread and fatigue.
Just because it isn't shoved in your face like the games you listed, doesn't mean it's "fake dark".
In fact, I find the underlying darkness more interesting then the overt
>dooooooooed, like, sad papa Nandorf, bro
Though I do like those themes, to say that new Zelda is "fake dark" or toned down, would be ignorant to say the least.
>ganon has returned in his most nightmarish form yet
>the champions are all dead or M.I.A
>the land has fallen to ruins
>people go missing every day due to roaming monster hordes and literal death machines
>all hope is thought lost and some have picked up suicidal heroism or an equivalent of satanism in order to cope
But nah, that's kiddo "fake dark" shit, you haven't been told shit sucks from the NPCs themselves.

Attached: 1549902796976.jpg (547x667, 380K)

lmao I sometimes feel like nintendo is trying their best to ged rid of their 30years+ fans, not realizing they ARE into kiddy graphics and or really simple gameplay. it happened to SMO, happened to BOTW and it gonna happen to LM3 and many other games

i will say that, while i agree with you, the part where the castle rises into the air in the trailer gave me mario vibes more than anything else, which kind of detracted from the 'serious' tone as it felt like nintendo did a nintendo.

>using wind waker as an anti cartoony Zelda argument because muh ganondorf speech

Nintendo wants to become Disney, or what their idea of Disney is. With the Wii the manchildren graphical styles really became the standard.