What happened to games with Hip Hop in em?

After DJ Hero there's just nothing.

Attached: DJFFNY.jpg (668x668, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-YEu5slFjGA
youtube.com/watch?v=9U8TCRBD3Y0
twitch.tv/videos/358483785?t=25m37s
youtube.com/watch?v=OSeO9vm8wVA
youtube.com/watch?v=nQ9lEH042pA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

In b4 someone says it

Nigger kino

Def Jam Fight for NY was such a fucking great game.
Sucks what happened with the series.
Idol fucking sucked.

>Idol
Shit I meant Icon.
Or whatever the fuck it was called.

That era is already over no ones going to make stuff like Def Jam or a 50 cent game. Def Jam NY was a fun game btw but I have no idea what the hell Icon was.

goat roster

Where did my childhood go?

Attached: 3D009DED-66C3-4C1D-82D3-769C20A73209.jpg (490x287, 27K)

I picked up Vendetta recently but FFNY is so much better.

Attached: o355j0s5ix921.jpg (1200x1043, 235K)

>hate niggers and rap
>love this game
how

Actually had a unique and fun fighting system with loads of fighting styles along with a shit ton of customization for your character.

There are some good rap you just gotta find it yung blood

tfw no 50

Attached: 50 centavos.png (1064x1032, 835K)

Based, fiddy

50 is one of the funniest and most charismatic ever, too bad his career has been kinda dead and so is his reputation

what went wrong?

That took him at the very most just a single minute to come up with.

Attached: 1523479896324.jpg (560x560, 375K)

FOFTY PLZ

I'LL RIP OF YA TONGUE AND LICK MY ASS WIT IT

He lost in that huge rivalry with Kanye, started going bankrupt and people clowned him, never really made anything as memorable as his first 2 albums, the whole G-Unit style just got stale. His past 2 albums sold like shit and I didn't even know one of them existed.

Here's a TL;DR of what happened to Def Jam post FFNY

>Head of EA Chicago managed to convince the higher ups of EA that combining wrestling and hip-hop was silly and the IP should be transferred to them instead
>Icon happens
>It's shit and sells half the copies FFNY did
>EA Chicago is dead and so is Def Jam as a franchise
The nip developers who made the first two games are still around actually, but they're stuck making games like this

youtube.com/watch?v=-YEu5slFjGA

Style Savvy are actually good jew simulations so I hear.

>Crack is S+
Figures

Where's DMX?

Attached: 1401828100719.png (194x198, 79K)

GO SHAWTY

Wh-What does Sticky do that's so broken?

Attached: 1413314472798.png (654x800, 588K)

>crazy legs had the best blazin' move

You can't deny it

>tfw no game where I can play as BONES vs Suicide boys or SPACEGHOSTPURP vs ASAP ROCKY

I vaguely recall something about him having the highest stats in the game (yes, higher than Suspect) and that his stunlocking potential was ridiculous

No racism outside of Yea Forums

>ruining a comfy def jam thread with your shit
Nigga...

Isn't in FFNY he's in Vendetta.

It took Comp 15 years to release the uncensored version of COMP

youtube.com/watch?v=9U8TCRBD3Y0

are any of you black

lol just reading through this and realizing half of the guys on this list don't have careers anymore, and likely haven't since this game was released.

I'm a /pol/lack, but FFNY was just that good

Hip hop went to shit, obviously?

Attached: 9f9cd45992d273576bee36b0f3f16656_sdsu-sports-block-archive-kobe-shrug-meme_500-334.jpg (500x334, 64K)

I don't know any modern artist.

Why yes I am the black my fellow niggo, wouldst tho liketh to smoke hemp then drink ale in fourty ounce containers then perchance have a round of dice outside the local apothecary?

Attached: 1568957749774.jpg (200x224, 17K)

>INFERNO MATCH

Is there anything better?

I stole this game from gamefly, told them it got lost in the mail.

>goes from making def jam, n64 wwf rasslin, and kinnikuman games to fashion simulators
>everything is fun

seriously how much voodoo does this company have?

Attached: currently syn sophia.jpg (500x500, 19K)

sticky fingaz has broken hitboxes
like his jabs have a massive invisible hitbox extending from them or something
he's essentially the only zoner in the game because his hitbox jabs can't be parried - they're like ryo fireballs in kof lol

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

No, thank god

They wanna make wrestling and fighting games again, but no one wants to hire them. They still have the best wrestling engine in the business

DJ Khaled when

Subway match, window match, and ring out match

I wish product/brand vidya outside of sportsball were still a thing.

hi hello yes i am

Watching Aris get his ass pimped in this game was hilarious.

twitch.tv/videos/358483785?t=25m37s

Nah, I just liked Def Jam.

AEW is considering the idea of doing a wrestling game, just hope they don't hire yukes.

I suffer from Revitalgo nigger.

Attached: Uncle_Ruckus1.jpg (547x309, 30K)

Yukes can fuck off, they don't even begin to compare to AKI

I wish EA made anything good period anymore. EA BIG getting shutdown was the beginning of the end of arcade sports games even the Backyard Sports games faded out.

I frankly don't even like sports, but those games were stupidly fun

Only Nintendo makes good Mario sports games anymore.

Attached: Fight_Night_2004.jpg (220x281, 22K)

>tfw no hd version with online play

they should have really considered it after how shit icon was

How was Icon different compared to its predecessors anyway? I never looked into it, but I was already pretty turned off by the boxart.

everything was a lot more toned down ie no super silly but fun shit like blazin moves and it have that stupid ass beat boxing shit

Joe Budden is top 3 DOA

what went so horrible wrong with sports games?

Imagine a fighting game where every stage in the game is a giant pit of molasses. That's what it felt like. The game also operated on some silly gimmick where you had to throw your opponent into certain parts of the arena for big damage, because the stage would randomly explode in tact with the background music

It absolutely pisses me off there will never be another fight night, I still play champions on my ps3.

he takes your tongue out and licks his ass with it

If that's the case, then I'm glad that EA Chicago ate shit and died off.
Shame that they had to drag Def Jam with their stupid asses. What a fucking waste.

That's Redman tard

you know when a game is taken from one developer and handed to another then proceed to fuck everything up?
yeah that's what happened. def jam was handed to EA Chicago instead of just working with aki for another entry so EAC built it in a new engine that resembled nothing of vendetta and FFNY. Icons did so poorly that the chicago studio shut down the same year the game released.

they all look the same to me

I think using the analog stick is weird as fuck but I like getting bodied by the AI so I really don't care. I wish Punch Out got a sequel or at the very least we could get the Ippo games stateside.

biracial. half of me is black

Based but retarded because they all play completely different from each other.

Attached: 8753de258796b1f91adfedde591e85be.750x750x1.jpg (750x750, 68K)

why the fuck was anthony anderson the main villain of icon

They went through a list of random black celebrities and picked the first name in alphabetical order

>we need a black gu-
>Sir I think I know the right guy...

yeah i dont fucking doubt it

Who would you put in a new age DefJam fighter?

The depth of FFNY is frankly insane. Not only can you combine 3 distinct fighting styles, but depending on which order you picked said 3 styles, you get something completely different and distinct.

RiFF RAFF.

Super secret optional boss? MF DOOM

my nigga del

Attached: 1545015409994.jpg (284x300, 7K)

He just got himself out of bankruptcy and made a turn around. Dude is talented you gotta give him that

Personally I never liked Def Jam, much less more modern, bitch made consumerism hip hop, but in regard to featuring hip hop or blacks in general, its all result of an Astroturfed Neo Nazi resurgence onto the new generation, who are not as familiar with these old tactics. There is also the likes of the subsequent cuck meme that happened, which made a lot of white guys scared to even feature black dudes in anything, much less have them as the stars.

I think you forgot your pills, my man

Holy fuckin based

As an user whose only real experience with hip-hop is a single Kendrick album (Good Kid, M.A.A.D City), k-os and Outkast, who else should I be listening to if I want to get more into it?

Attached: 1326131158824.png (291x317, 19K)

Give it some time, it'll be back.
What I want to know is what the fuck happened to that game Kanye was making

Attached: DjicwIwX4AEBgoh.jpg (903x903, 158K)

youtube.com/watch?v=OSeO9vm8wVA

here user it's even about video games

kinda funny how the only one still relevant from that list is sean paul

>WWF No Mercy devs get replaced by the EA corporate machine

Attached: EA buys out a studio.jpg (639x376, 29K)

i didn't even know a majority of these guys, and i grew up with cousins that nonstop played Rap.

i was a Method Man and Snoop Dogg player. never thought of Tier chart shit back in those days. on Vendetta i played DMX the most because i knew him from Cradle 2 The Grave.

Listen to Ol Dirty Bastard, 2Chainz, Kanyeezy and Lil Weezy (mixtapes only)

More Kendrick, Nas, Lupe Fiasco, Chance the Rapper's mixtapes (his album sucked)

>Goes from rapping to a dwindling audience to making millions off POWER and shitposting on Instagram for fun

Hell be fine

Attached: e2c.png (710x473, 105K)

Big K.R.I.T

future

Alright Yea Forums come up with a cast for new def jam game

FFNY is the only fighting game i ever got into at all. i never realised any of the characters were based on real people

Attached: 50 Cent Twitter.jpg (525x4512, 1.54M)

Thanks anons. I'll snag some of their shit now.

Reposting this old list from Yea Forums, with some of people's suggestions
>Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back
>Eric B and Rakim - Let the Rhythm Hit 'Em
>A Tribe Called Quest- The Low End Theory
>Ice Cube - AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted
>Dr. Dre - The Chronic
>Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
>Nas - Illmatic
>The Notorious B.I.G. - Ready to Die
>Big L - Lifestylez ov da Poor & Dangerous
>Mobb Deep - The Infamous
>Kool G Rap - 4,5,6
>2Pac - All Eyez on Me
>Dr. Octagon - Dr. Octagon
>Aceyalone - A Book of Human Langauge
>Big Pun - Capital Punishment
>Lauryn Hill - The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
>OutKast - Stankonia
>Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP
>Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030
>Saul Williams - Amethyst Rock Star
>Aesop Rock - Labor Days
>Busdriver - Temporary Forever
>Jay-Z - The Black Album
>Brother Ali - Shadows on the Sun
>Madvillain - Madvillainy
>Kanye West - The College Dropout
>Tech N9ne - Everready (The Religion)
>Death Grips - Exmilitary
>Joey Bada$$ - 1999
>J. Cole - 2014 Forest Hills Drive
>Kendrick Lamar- To Pimp a Butterfly
>Danny Brown - Atrocity Exhibition
>Brockhampton - Saturation II
>Tyler, the Creator - Flower Boy
>KIDS SEE GHOSTS - KIDS SEE GHOSTS

Hope this helps you out!

Hell yeah, thanks user.

Attached: 1531106393516.gif (203x288, 845K)

>Man when I figure out how to use the spell check on this motherfucker you niggas in trouble
50's shitposts are the best

A$AP Mob, Black Hippy, Odd Future, NWA, GOOD Music, Bad Boy Records, Maybach Music Group.

DEF JAM BROTHAS!

Attached: Chad_Warden.jpg (900x900, 46K)

Who remembers the "leak" and all the rumors it brought?

Attached: DkFokELU8AAMoNk.jpg (961x1200, 146K)

>MC Ride is a secret character who is unlocked after breaking your opponent's face into mirrors 666 times

>rihanna
man she already got that ass beat once

The team behind this were Japanese and they left it to make games based for girls; some chick from it was memed here for smash

hip hop stopped being cool, much like rock music. We don't have rap games for the same reason we don't have rock and roll in movies anymroe.

>After DJ Hero there's just nothing.
Fuck you for reminding me that DJ Hero died because Activision milked Guitar Hero too hard. I love those games so fucking much. I especially hate that so few people on Yea Forums seem to have played them either. Go to your local Fucking Gamestop and go to the Used PS3 games rack and you'll find like 2-3 copies of both games for 99 cents each. I'm pretty sure the turntable peripheral is cheaper than it was at launch these days too, but you'll probably need to find it online.

Even if you just own the games and not the controller, they're worth owning to play the music in Party Mode. Some of those mixes are so fucking fire.

Attached: 1529117534968.png (621x430, 467K)

I'd imagine Kendrick would be the protagonist, with Tyler The Creator as the rival. The villain is MF DOOM. Also Busta Rhymes, Chance, Czarface, and Lil Nas X as a joke character that is always on a horse.

Attached: 1534988612330.jpg (419x416, 24K)

I don't give a fuck about hip hop but this game was fun as hell. Anyone here happen to know if it emulates well?

I've played it emulated on a hacked WiiU's virtual Wii with no issues, but that has the benefit of running Gamecube games natively.

Damn, I forgot how nice this game looked

This is a good cookout we're having lads

I imagine getting the rights to use these rappers likenesses would be beyond expensive, especially with how expensive video game development is.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on hip-hop/rap in 2019? I'm out of touch with the zoomers.

>he called out his best friend Floyd Mayweather for being illiterate
>mfw it was true

Attached: 1567837911529.gif (500x500, 461K)

If it ever gets a revival (almost close to zero), they would have to pick one label and start from there.

It fucking sucks

Don't need to know how to read when you get decent enough at beating the shit out of people to do it legally

I'm sure his various girlfriends were all great sparring partners

Waka Flocka Flame
Machine Gun Kelly
Chief Keef
ASAP Rocky
21 Savage
6ix9ine
Tyler, the Creator
Kanye
J. Cole
Kendrick Lamar
Hopsin
Royce da 5'9"
Kodak Black
Post Malone
Logic
Fetty Wap
Lil Dicky
Nicki Minaj
Cardi B
Lil Nas X
XXXTentacion
Lil Uzi Vert
Migos
The Game
Lil Pump
Iggy Azalea

Definite List.

Its definitely more hip-hop than rap these days. It's really become more how well you can market yourself through social media than your music nowadays.
Even still, literal retards like Chief Keef and 6ix9ine make it big so nothing has changed really.

What are the kids listening to now, though?

>Nicki Minaj
>Cardi B
I think it's kind of sad that the only tracks I've ever been truly into either of them on were features. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a verse from Iggy though so I guess they have that on her.

Well there have to be token females like Carmen Electra, Shawna, Lil' Kim etc.

Man I'm glad they don't make these games anymore after looking at this list and seeing how few options they have. I can't picture half of these people in a fight.

Remove
>Hopsin
>Nicki Minaj
>The Game
because they are pretty fucking irrelevant
>Logic
Because it's a fighting game

Add
>August Alsina
>T.I.
>Rick Ross (as referee/organizer)
>50 Cent (fight commentary)
>DJ Khalid (your mentor/Coach)

no but I might get melanin injections

Attached: 1569185180821.gif (344x338, 3.88M)

>T.I.
>Rick Ross

>remove these irrelevant rappers, but add these other even more irrelevant rappers.

God I wish that were me

Is this game hard?

Attached: 847589375893284.jpg (1000x1000, 170K)

MC Ride, 6ix9ine as a joke character, Hopsin, Tec N9ne... lotta guys you could put here.

They're perfect for fighting games in the role I gave them.
>T.I. swung on the Heavyweight Boxing Champion of the world
Say what you will but he is a perfect addition to a FIGHTING game

None of them besides maybe Waka know how to fight.

They have to be marketable and relevant though.

Doesn't matter, the same could have been said for almost anyone in the previous games. They are musicians not bare knuckle boxers. All that matters is that they are relevant and marketable.

He would have fit in better in the original Def Jam games. I don't think he's got the legacy to be a character in a newer one.

>Big name rappers.
>Make some fucking no-name cracker who just wears a hoodie and boxes the shit out of people.
FFNY was awesome.

Attached: 1430579322842.png (500x378, 243K)

Replace Iggy or Cardi with Montana of 300

>Recorded in a week

What do you think user?

THATS AN AWFULLY HOT COFFEE POT

It needs enough female characters for the girlfriend subplot like FFNY.

rap and hip hop isn't popular

I dunno, '00s rappers were a lot more macho, even if it was mostly hot air. The premise just works a lot better with them because they may not be fighters but they give off the cockiness of a competitive fighter to make it sort of plausible.

Yelawolf would be a cool addition.
youtube.com/watch?v=nQ9lEH042pA

what said
>marketable
They are rappers. The only reason we know their names is because they made themselves marketable. Moving on to
>relevant
Close to half that list isn't

>Girlfriend subplot.
>Girlfriends are all real people.
>That part in story mode where Lil Kim fucking dies.

Attached: 1317968500196.jpg (355x344, 11K)

Rap has changed.

I didn't claim to be a modern hip-hop expert, these are just names I know from the radio.

You couldn't even have 2 of these idiots in the same building together without a brawl breaking out
>August Alsina
Him, Waka, and Keef are probably the only ones who actually deserve to be in a fighting game

wiggers, chiggers and latiniggers are cuckolds you are all cuckolds

Really?

asian black

don't mind me, just the greatest hardcore hip-hop album ever made

Attached: R-704954-1342234978-6999.jpg (600x600, 119K)

I feel like Busta Rhymes and Luda did something recently.
Honestly I just want a game with the spirit/similar systems.
It's not like I was with it when I was a kid so it's not like a modern game full of whatever ugly ass skinny soundcloud rappers they trot out enhances the appeal for me.

Who'd you take home Yea Forums?

Attached: .jpg (443x603, 70K)

Games with licensed soundtracks aren’t allowed anymore because then streamers can’t play them.

I don't know if it counts as recent (since it's 2015) but Return of the Dragon was a good fucking album. In The Streets (feat. MF DOOM) & Hello (feat. Chance the Rapper) are fucking fire.

>Busta Rhymes
>haven't heard about him in a while.
>"lets google him"
>fat wrinkly old face on the right.
>"well shit that's just sad"

Attached: 152149_v9_bb.jpg (1080x1440, 309K)

Yeah

meanwhile ludacris is fucking immortal or some shit.

Attached: ludacris-750x350.jpg (750x350, 37K)

Based

Was he always so fancy looking?
And damn he does look a good 10 or so years younger than he is