Why do smash fans hate FE again?

Why do smash fans hate FE again?

Attached: 202F6AE8-89D5-4F33-A58A-867903EEBAF1.png (1000x1066, 899K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendolife.com/news/2019/09/theres_no_way_future_smash_bros_games_will_have_as_many_fighters_as_ultimate_says_sakurai
supersmashbros.fandom.com/wiki/Unused_Characters
supersmashbros.fandom.com/wiki/Clone
discord.gg/sWAuneB
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's called Super Smash Brothers.
Can you burgers post a little less on the Internet?
Thanks.

>Japanese game
>Appeals to Japan
>This is apparently a bad thing

Attached: ConfusedWoomy.jpg (680x680, 44K)

I hate both. Obnoxious fuckwit weebs.

C U N

Because despite being a lesser known series it has the second most amount of characters, who are all visually and mechanically similar in a game that is supposed to highlight and celebrate the diversity of Nintendo's IPs.

>lesser known series
Not anymore it ain't.

because smash is for autists
really
you people are so pathetic

Because of nintendo shilling through smash

>F-FIRE EMBLEM IS ONLY POPULAR BECAUSE OF SMASH!!!!!
Motherfucker Advance Wars and Awakening did more for the FE brand then any smash title combined, stop pretending it’s just smash who did it

>known for adding in Waluigi Pinball without a playable Waluigi at all in MK7
Could they everything FE related (except the music) if they work for the next smash?

Attached: retro-logo-xlarge[1].png (833x128, 74K)

If Smash shilling was a thing then Ike's games and the DS remakes wouldn't have sold like absolute trash.

>t. Butthurt weeaboo

>Could Retro Studios cut everything FE related (except the music) if they work for the next smash?
Fuck, I misspelt it.

Because you all play the same
Because fighting you always feels the same
Because you have the same strengths and weaknesses
It's always fast dashes and long-reaching disjointed aerials
Nobody has any problems when the 3 Links are (correctly) called samey and a waste of space, yet Fag Emblem spergs will defend their shitty phone game's presence to the death

Attached: 1564857692498.png (588x599, 187K)

>microtransactions in phone games

Well guys it took almost 30 years, but Fire Emblem finally sells just slightly less than Metroid, a dead IP.

>because smash is for autists
>really
>you people are so pathetic

Attached: 1564790697060.jpg (988x1059, 160K)

Actually it's called Fire Emblem Sword Fighters, not Super Smash Brothers

There's too many sword using lords, there should be a few axe and spear users too, maybe even a bow user.

Meanwhile, the Sony character won evo. It's a Sakurai fan boy fest, not a celebration of Nintendo. This hasn't been for a decade.

>Explain why smash didn’t save FE
>b-buthurt!!!!!

they only pick the sword users

>too many characters for the relevance of the series
>most of the characters are shitty clones
>most of the characters are annoying to fight
If Lucina, Chrom, and Corrin weren't in the game, or Lucina and Chrom were just costumes, then nobody would care. If instead of blue sword lords we got Hector or some shit, nobody would care.

Awakening only exists because of the wanking Marth has gotten since Melee

Because around 9% of the smash ultimate roster is Marth.

I'm 29 and still havent played a fire emblem. Seems like shit games. Marth, Ike, the book one, and the dragon are fine. The rest shouldn't be here except Roy but him being dlc last game was so fucking insulting that i don't want him at all anymore

alright, fuck it, I wasn’t supposed to leak it but fuck it, here’s the next dlc fighter and she has the same kit as marth/lucina except for up special and down special

Attached: D80ECCF4-3344-480A-A9AF-C0513402E044.jpg (1024x576, 82K)

Mostly because they always wear the same stype of armour, have a sword, and at least have 4-8 moves copied from eachother. If Robin, Marth, and Corrin were the only FE reps then nobody would be complaning. It's just that they all play very similar or exactly the same to eachother which gets boring
>2 Clones
>4 Characters that are pretty different from eachother
>1 Character that plays almost the exact same as another but has a few moves changed.

There's nothing wrong with FE, but why are all their reps just swordguys? That's really boring for a series with a lot of different weapons and magic.

Awakening exists because the devs wanted to do one last game since the series was about to die, kinda odd how the games only sold a lot before Wii U/3DS when Awakening shilling was high and Ike/Roy’s games sold like shit even though they were in smash, hmmmmm it’s like those games did nothing......

and people still ask for Byleth

Attached: sword niggers.jpg (1280x720, 248K)

Because its a shitty series that is kept on permanent life support by Smash shilling

Attached: 1540693030837.jpg (1920x1080, 268K)

Because almost every Fire Emblem MC since 2005 uses a sword as their signature weapon. Now we've finally got some main characters with different weapons and people still ask for Byleth. Fuck Edelgard too though. I don't even want a Three Houses rep.

>DQHero gets to have all those different protags from completely different games as alt costumes for 1 character
>"lets not do this at all with any of the FE casts"

Attached: 1433810443963.gif (500x348, 478K)

based umu

Nobody outside Japland knew what the hell was Fire Emblem until Melee.

Doesn't have to be an MC, Hector would've been a good rep.

Attached: 7c2.png (851x479, 600K)

The overepresentation began before Awakening revitalized the series. It's big now but still not big enough to get even more reps than fucking ZELDA.

It's not so much as swordguys but so many Marth clones. If it's Marth, Ike, Robin and Corrin it'd be fine.

???
It only had Ike and Marth before Awakening. Roy was cut in Brawl.

Edelgard be better, FE could use a villain rep

Simply because FE is a shit franchise. Literally the same shit rehashed infinitely and only clinging to existence because it sold what little soul it had to waifudrone coomers.

Zelda has jack shit for good reps dude. Even back in melee when Zelda was added Sakurai had to pull Sheik out of his ass and give Zelda powers Link uses to make her interesting. Nowadays the front runner people rally behind for a new Zelda rep is a secondary antagonist with minimal screen time and no combat abilities from a game which at the time was very poorly received.

>over representation began before awakening
>Marth, Roy (who was cut in brawl), and Ike
Damn three characters, fucking over representation indeed

basically fotms

remember when vaati was a thing?

Because there are 6 characters and they all play similar and look similar. Robin is the only outlier

You mean Marth, Ike, Robin and Corrin. The rest are clones.

I want pokemon trainer Byleth with lancer Dimitri,wyern archer Claude,and axeman Edelgard

Roy plays nothing like Marth.

Because FEfags are smarmy entitled fucks and they lash out the worst by far when their Smash representation is criticized.

Attached: clown marf.png (133x148, 34K)

>literally the same moveset, only difference is sweetspot

fuck you faggots for even saying he's been "Wolf-ified"

>marth and roy
alright
>ike
sure, his moveset brings something new
>robin, corrin
who the are these guys? fire emblem is starting to feel over represented
>lucina, chrom
stop

Attached: 34147432.jpg (537x758, 208K)

>he's alright with Roy

Skull Kid was the main antag and far more iconic than any character you wanted and most of the newcomers from Smash 4 and Ultimate combined, and every other being requested, only Simon and Mega Man can hold a candle to him.

Attached: tumblr_phhps0nKD71sfbqgwo3_500.jpg (500x709, 85K)

roy's our boy

Attached: 1201997611518s.jpg (251x207, 9K)

I'm glad smashfags are retarded

they could add archers, mounted characters, axe man , dragons and shit but instead they add some swordsman clones

Attached: 345635634.png (1242x676, 3.2M)

I like both.

Attached: 1538973197964.png (1000x1000, 177K)

I don't at all. My only gripe is that there's little variety, at least relative to the number of reps, as far as fighting style goes. Not a single axe or lance, or heavily-armored character. Also, I just don't find Marth and Lucina all too fun to play anymore, though they aren't a drag either. Corrin and Robin are neat additions though, and Lucina is still a cute.

I'm a FE fan, and even I hate how FE has been treated in the smash bros series, though mostly because they keep wasting representation on people even the FE fanbase doesn't give a shit about. The fact that Chrom got in, for example, is just a complete fucking joke.

Are you telling me you don't want an 8-player smash with FE only

Robin is actually interesting and brings neat concepts to the table as a fighter.
Kill Roy, or make him a Marth costume, keep Robin.

I think i know what you mean, people say "Oh Terry Bogard is iconic!" but i would like somebody that isn't a mascot for once, explore the more creative aspects of that series, this is also probably why Zelda fans still want a newcomer, they're bland as all hell.

The only people who like roy have never played his game. This is a fact. By liking roy you are outing yourself as a filthy secondary.

Delete Corrin and add Edelgard. please

Try using a stage that is actually in Ultimate next time.

yeah i never got into it. the earlier FE games have perma death so its a lot of resetting, and the current ones are waifu sims with censorship

>deleting one of the only unique characters that also add the lancer flavor
I didn't even like fates but Corrin is ok

HASHIRE SORI YO

>Smash 4
>DONKEY KONG one of Nintendos most famous IPs worldwide, 2 reps
>Fire Emblem, a game only popular in Japan, that didn't exist until a decade after Donkey Kong, FIVE REPS ONE OF WHOM WAS LITERALLY NOT EVEN A VIDEO GAME CHARACTER AT THE TIME AS THEIR UPCOMING GAME WAS UNRELEASED

Get it now?

Attached: 48b.png (640x360, 199K)

Skull Kid
Ganon
Groose
Impa
Darunia

sakurai kind of went over the top with FE in smash 4, there were 4 FE characters added
its just residual whining from that

Okay but do you think we could get a Freddy Fazbear Mii outfit?

Dude, Skull Kid and Ganon are legit the best choices all around for Nintendo reps but don't make it look like a joke by putting Groose there

Why do newfags like you post twitter memes?

They are probably just gonna cut everything except Marth and girl Marth who's just a superior clone but then fill those vacant slots with new FE characters so we will be back to Square one

>Roy, Lucina, and Chrom are made into Marth alts, along with added Erika, M Blyeth, F Blyeth, and Lyn skins
>We get Hector with a 50/50 split of his skins and Edelgarde skins. If there are any more similar lords in the older games, by all means throw 'em in

>We get Jagen, with Marcus, Ephraim, Titania, Seth, Fredrick, Arran, and Oifey alts as a new fighter. They are cavaliers with lances, fuck you, Sakurai made a fucking potted plant work, and Fire Emblem horses are known for insane jumps and shit now anyways

Better?

>Fire Emblem
>Japanese appeal
Bait or retarded?

holy shit

Attached: 1569186349286.png (493x458, 186K)

Yes, because they're all swordfighters who do the same shit.

Yeah, we have. Everyone loves Melee dude.

Because Sakurai used 2 characters to pad the roster (Lucina/Roy) of the previous game and added Corin who ended up being a universally reviled character in the Fire Emblem community but got a slot because he was new and then in ultimate padded the roster again with another one (Chrom)

Fire Emblem isn't a franchise that warrants more than 4 slots and it got twice as many

Ganon would be cool, but I think he's, dare I say it, too big.
Like, Ridley is one thing, but Ganon is always shown as being noticeably larger than Ganondorf, and Ganondorf is already one of the biggest fighters.

Groose is great.

Even within the realm of who is iconic for the series, they have done a shit job, is the thing.
These are all characters who are provably more popular and more well beloved than chrom, are all lords, as per seemingly the relative restriction on the series' reps, and all would have different weapons, or at the very least, different fighting styles than the marth moveset:
-Lyn, admittedly still a sword unit, but would at least have a different style than the other marth characters. Currently provably the most popular female fire emblem character as shown by popularity polls (won the female half of the first choose your legend poll by a landslide)
-Hector, An armored axe unit, one of the most beloved male characters in the series, and provably more popular than chrom, as shown by popularity polls (Won the second choose your legend event, as so, you can reasonably call him the third most popular male character in the series after ike and roy)
-Ephraim, A spear unit, a very popular male character, second runner up on the second choose your legend poll, and as such, still provably more popular than chrom, who has still yet to ever place on these polls.
-Micaiah, purely a magic unit, female winner of the third choose your legend poll.

And some less good choices, but still better than chrom:
-Celica, female winner of the second choose your legend poll, would probably be similar to robin in playstyle though, but better than another marth.
-Camilla, not a main lord, but still a heavily promoted character, and runner up of the third choose your legend event.
-Veronica, magic unit, runner up of the second choose your legend event, would give fire emblem their villain rep, in a way. Also as much as it hurts to say, is from the gacha, which is currently the most profitable FE property.

Any of these characters would be a better choice than chrom, even if you consider only the ones who could be easy clones of something.

Smash could literally never add in another FE character ever again, and Smashfags will continue to forever obsess and lose sleep over imagining the possibility of another one.

Attached: ha.jpg (762x681, 61K)

Really, Corrin was the straw that broke the camel's back, I think. People were okay with Red Marth for whatever reason, then legacy reasons, Ike's neat and fits a nice place on the roster mechanically, and while Robin was kinda pushing it, they were mechanically distinct enough to be forgivable.
Lucina was excused because she was noob Marth for people who couldn't space, making a consistantly good character approachable to newcomers, so whatever.
But then Corrin was an absolute shill pick, with an awkward dumb moveset, who was fairly OP when they dropped, and then was an absolutely awful character on top of it.

If we'd stopped at Robin and noob Marth, I think people may not have even minded noob Roy, had noob marth and noob roy not been better than their counterparts.

Ike should have gotten an echo, not Roy. There are way too many Marths. My only issue.

Here's my take on a roster revamp while trying to keep it "realistic".

Keep Marth, make Roy and Lucina skins
Add Lyn
Keep Ike
Keep Robin
Add a 3 Houses rep that isn't Byleth

Fuck Corrin and Chrom

Attached: 1560469579211.png (453x794, 255K)

>add Lyn
>remove Corrin

Attached: 18354828127.png (1022x731, 643K)

Make Byleth into Robin alts, and give us Sigurd and Seliph as Marth alts and we have a deal

I would like them a lot more if most of their play-styles didn’t devolve into unga-bunga, disjoint-exploiting snooze fests.

Fire Emblem is not a high school dating sim with strategy elements. How does this not appeal to modern nipponjin?

What about Hector?
>inb4 axes
A giant axe or a giant sword can easily have the same hitboxes and animations, just give Hector a tipper.

the second banana

having two characters in brawl puts it on par with fucking donkey kong and mother, and above metal gear and sonic

is now*

>mother
A relatively obscure series with only three games
>metal gear and sonic
back when being a 3rd party character in smash actually meant something

DK was under represented. That does not make Fire Emblem over represented.

>Fire Emblem is now a high school dating sim with "strategy" elements. How does this not appeal to modern nipponjin?
Fixed.
That makes it even better, since now even the most braindead of bugmen can "strategize" their way to victory with savestates, OP as fuck build options, and retarded AI.

>That does not make Fire Emblem over represented.
No.
Fire Emblem is over represented on its own terms completely separate from anything else.

I like Fire Emblem but 4 Marths is a little much.

Also keep in mind that Ike's games flopped SUPER hard despite being in smash

Because 3 of the FE reps are clones of Marth, and two of them were blatant shill picks for their upcoming games.
You could easily reduce the FE reps to Marth, Ike and Robin and nobody would complain.

And thus we learned that Fire Emblem games do not belong on home consoles.

If you think two characters is not enough for Mother, how the fuck is two Fire Emblem characters over representation?

they were all on home consoles up until the GBA games

Oh, I'm someone else.
I think two reps is too much for Mother, Lucas should be a skin.

Honestly I'm content with the fact that my favorite series is basically a shoe in for more representation. It feels good knowing that Sakurai prefers ME and not you.

That's because the handhelds of the time were even shittier than Fire Emblem on a home console.

The westoids have delusions about Smash being catered towards themselves. That's why they freak out over Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjoke while shitting on characters like Shulk, Ryu, and the entire FE cast.

I'm less annoyed by how many there are and more annoyed by their choices in characters. Do we really need Lucina, Chrom, and Robin all representing Awakening? Why did we get shit like Corrin before Hector or Lyn? FE7 was the game that helped the series break out of Japan, and all it gets is Lyn as an assist trophy.

Not to mention that every single FE rep is a sword user. So many of the series' more fun and interesting characters use other weapons. There's a ton of variety they could have exploited, but instead we have four blue haired sword users, two MC's using swords, and Roy using a flaming sword. It's just boring.

Attached: 1489883619556.png (250x391, 16K)

Nips like Banjo more than Corrin or Chrom.

What the fuck is up with this?
>Lucina can't be a Marth alt because it would undermine her character
>Dark Pit can't be a Pit alt because it would undermine his character
>Oh yeah, every single Dragon Quest character can be eachother's alts
>Every single Koopaling can be an alt of Bowser Jr
>Alph can be an alt of Olimar
Sakurai is never consistent with this shit.

You’re wrong though. Most westerners learned about FE from Smash.

>Do we really need
Yes
>Why did we get corrin before
Because I wanted it before
>Every FE REP is a sword user
Who cares, changing the weapon doesn't change the playstyle, Ike is basically an Axe user

Lucina and Dark Pit have different personalities while the Koopalings, DQ Characters, and Alph have none

I like his design desu. Just because he's an ass unit in Binding Blade doesn't mean you have to hate him in smash.

And thus the games have had trash graphics for 11 years until now.

>”oh fuck add Lucina, I know she’s just an alt outfit but I don’t want the roster to look tiny!!!”
>”D-DARK PIT IS VERY IMPORTANT ALONG WITH THE KID ICARUS IP, REPRESENT THE FUCK OUT OF IT OR YOURE FIRED!!!”
Those are Soccerball’s reasons, prove me wrong

I don't hate FE, I hate that half the characters in Smash are goddamned clones.

Unique: Marth, Ike, Robin, Corrin
Clones: Roy, Lucina, Chrom

And the fact that they're all sword wielders. I'd gladly trade in Roy, Lucina, and Chrom for characters who wield axes and lances and Brawl/Unarmed style.

>alph has no personality
Some little cocksucker hasn't played Pimin 3, I see.

Ganon is literally just fucking Ganondorf on steroids. Skull Kid hasn't shown off that many moves on his own (even with Majora) to warrant being in Smash. Groose, Impa, and Darunia have done jackshit in the games they appear in.

>Skull Kid hasn't shown off that many moves on his own (even with Majora) to warrant being in Smash
Why do smashfags insist on having these bizarre, arbitrary rules of what warrants getting into a crossover game?

>the only zelda characters who I deem should be allowed are the main three as many times as possible because one-off characters should not be allowed in smash!
>I also want as many versions of mario as possible because every single genre he's been in needs a mario repping them!

Because I don't want fucking worthless one-off pieces of shit cluttering up the roster.

>one-off pieces of shit
What do you even fucking mean by this.

most of them are the same. love the new games but jesus the characters are annoying in smash

It sucks because I'd fucking love a Three Houses rep if we didn't already have seven fucking FE characters. Byleth with the three lords or some shit would be cool.
Lucina should be a Marth skin and Chrom should be an Ike skin. Add Eliwood over Roy, fucking remove Corrin entirely because no one wants to remember that abortion of a game. Robin deserves their own spot, and you could easily find three other mages to go with her. Same with Marth, Ike, and Roy.

Characters who only showed up in one game and had absolutely no impact on anything. Nobody remembers or cares about Vaati, Zant, Ghirahim, Groose, Skull Kid, Majora, or any other worthless one-scene wonder character. The only ones that matter are the central trio.

The only thing that bugs me is that there are multiple weapon types in Fire Emblem yet with the exception of Robin they're all sword users with veryy similar movesets.

What if Byleth was like Pokemon Trainer standing in the background and you could switch between the three Lords?

Robin uses a sword too for everything but his B moves.

>The only ones that matter are the central trio
The fuck does that even mean

That'd be pretty cool. It'd either be that or Byleth with the lords helping out with some moves.
Byleth by him/herself would be the most lackluster thing ever. Three Houses is fucking great but Byleth is a boring protagonist.

That seems like a mostly arbitrary thing, considering half the fucking smash bros roster are "one-off" characters.

How simple do I need to explain it? The only ones who matter are the character the series is named after, the character you play as, and the villain who's been there since the start and in 90% of the games.

Remove them, too.

>who's been there since the start
Oh so you mean Ganon. Who isn't even in Smash

>Joker
>Sony character
Please take a shower

yeah man, just remove the mother series from the game entirely because they are "one-off" characters.

I wouldn’t have a problem with the Fire Emblem reps if they all played differently, it gets tiresome playing against swordies. Robin and Corn make rosterfags seethe to no end but at least they play differently from the rest of them.

Ganon and Ganondorf are the same being.

Yes. Do you have a problem with that?

Ultimate definitely gave some needed love for the west

A lot of Smash 4 newcomers, DLC included, kinda consisted of realisticly proportioned anime characters

Attached: westvsweebs.jpg (1280x720, 322K)

Not him, but yeah, I do. Ness and Lucas are cool characters, their games are good, and I feel they deserve spots in Smash.

I figured you were just talking nonsense, yeah.
Thankfully, people like you aren't in charge, and as such there are no such limitations on the game.

I like both but it's overrepresented and not by every game in the series.

Honestly I think the thing with Alph is that Olimar is one of the more difficult characters to work with due to his Pikmin gimmick. They barely even got him working on 3DS as is.

Pit and Marth on the other hand are two basic and straightforward characters, so they're easier to make clones of.

God damn, you can see the quality gap between Fire Emblem characters and characters from genuinely good JRPGs

so we're removing
>Ness
>Ice Climbers
>Sheik
>Dark Pit
>Lucas
>R.O.B
>Wii Fit Trainer
>Robin
>Duck Hunt
>Cloud
>Corrin
>Isabelle
counting only main series games

I can also see the quality gap between the shit JRPG characters and the characters from genuinely good games on the left.

Sorry where's Skull kid in that pic?

>Can you burgers post a little less on the Internet?
You're on our internet retard, go to what ever .eu .uk .ca website of your choosing.

I don’t know but being an FEfag who never played smash I find all the crying hilarious

Every single one of those shitters.

Everyone who's not retarded understands that you can show up once if you're the protagonist of a long standing franchise. Like how fucking delusional do you have to be to look at Skull Kid and be like "yeah he's roughly as important to Zelda as Cloud is to the Final Fantasy series".

Smash got me into FE. Thanks, Brawl Ike.

Attached: caine.png (341x631, 387K)

>Skull Kid
>More iconic than PAC-MAN, Ryu, Ridley, or King K. Rool
You are retarded.

Show me an example of a significant portion of smash fans hating FE.

Keep crying, three houses rep is gonna come and y'all are gonna make me cum with your tears

So they CAN be one-off characters so long as they meet your arbitrary definition of importance?

Attached: goalpost.jpg (300x240, 27K)

If swords are the reason FE characters are so homogeneous, then why are the sword characters outside of FE so much more diverse?

I like to shit on Fire Emblem, because a lot of the fans seem like total wankers, but I know a few of them to be really cool people.
Honestly, every Fire Emblem game looks like the most barebones tile-based turn-based battle game to me. Some weirdo thought playing a game that fits on a phone screen gave him "situational awareness."
I think the LEGO hacking flash game Spybotics: The Nightfall Incident is the same concept done better and that was made in 2002. Good times.

>post #3059548483 about how smash fans hate fe

Why do FE fans pretend that they're some hated minority? Is it really hard to see that FE isn't actually hated in smash?

FE is limited to the same setting, medieval shit. Link, Shulk, Hero, Meta Knight, Cloud, they all come from diverse settings with different environments, characters, and plots - so they don't have to have a normal metal sword every time. FE is limited by realism.

Majora and Skull Kid are one like Venom and Eddie Brock, when people talk about one, they usually also mean the other.
Definitely more iconic than K. Rool and Ridley, slightly more than Ryu, though you got me on Pac, i always forget he's there due to how shit they handled him.

Attached: venom1.0.jpg (1200x800, 89K)

>mechanically similar
>Marth and Lucina: spacing characters who using disjointed attacks to control the flow of a match.
>Roy and Chrom: speedy rushdown characters
>Ike: heavy hitter who uses throws to set up combos and massive air moves to control space
>Robin: trap based playstyle that revolves around limited use projectiles and powerful (but limited) aerial moves to kill.
>Corrin: Character that uses side B and a strong projectile to force opponents into a corner in conjunction with moves like dtilt to set up combos.

I take issue with your implying that Majora / SK is more iconic than the lizard boys, but I take much more issue with
>how shit they handled Pac
Pac-Man's one of the best and most unique third party fighters in Ultimate. Excellent moveset that perfectly represents his arcade origins, he's fun to play, he requires SKILL to play. What's not to like about how he was handled in Smash?

No axe users despite best boy Hector being right there to use

>>Marth and Lucina: spacing characters who using disjointed attacks to control the flow of a match.

This describes every FE character besides Roy and Robin.

And why does having an axe suddenly fix this problem?

It's obvious just from looking at the roster that characters generally need to be the star of their show or heavily recurring elements in their own series. It's genuinely baffling to me that you guys can't look at the roster and immediately see this and notice that Skull Kid doesn't really belong.

Attached: 1557106829359.jpg (210x240, 6K)

Nah, Robin is too slow to do that effectively and Corrin relies on his pin and projectile to do that instead.
Only Ike really does something similar but he still plays completely differently from Lucina/Marth.

Because it'a different weapon that can be wieleded and used differently? Duh?

Not him, but he's just phrasing it like shit
One-off characters form long-running series shouldn't be considered for smash, and for the most part aren't with the sole exceptions of Alph, whose a costume, Dark Pit, who was conceived as a costume then made into an echo, and Shiek, whose only in because she was there with Zelda in Melee, and even if she WAS cut in Brawl and 4, she would have come back for Ultimate anyways

You probably just should have started with "characters I don't like shouldn't be in the game" user. Given that it is clearly only your personal view of who is important that you think matters here.

Okay, FE fans claiming that the entire smash community. Show me an example of a page on the internet where people are shitting on FE without just as many people defending it. This should be incredibly easy if it's even half as hated as you're claiming.
you won't be able to because FE isn't actually hated at all and you just have a victim complex

Attached: 1558483036013.png (307x220, 142K)

Ghirahim has been an AT for two games now. If he was important why isn't he playable?

He's probably just some Pac-Man World fag

Hell if I know, ask samurai

God I fucking hate this characters. Horrible not iconic shitters.

It doesn't, necessarily. FE's casting has an issue where only main character lords are being picked out, but their designs are way too similar to each other. Replace Corrin with Edelgard or Dimitri, replace Lucina with a cavalier or something like that. Half of FE's characters are blue-haired swordsman, but Fire Emblem is known for it's diverse casts of characters and interesting personalities. Smash doesn't do it justice.

I don't give a fuck how you faggots feel about FE representation in Smash I just want retards to stop pretending they play the same. It immediately outs you as a butthurt rosterfag that doesn't even play the game.

Attached: 1558749264331.png (665x695, 378K)

Because he's not important and worth putting in the roster, same as Ashley and Waluigi.

>Nah, Robin is too slow to do that effectively and Corrin relies on his pin and projectile to do that instead.

Show me a decent level Corrin match where they don't rely on sword moves to do this. Ike isn't a clone but he's the same archetype.

Explain why an axe would be significantly different than any other normals in the game.

>Show me a decent level Corrin match
Impossible.

To be fair, most of those "one-off" characters are either

A. the main protagonist of the game they were in
B. a clone/echo that took considerably less effort to make.

I think the point is, they're not going to use resources and development time on one-off secondary characters like Ghirahim or Midna. Sheik is basically the only character in the series that's on their level, and really she's just Zelda's alter ego and got in for the sake of Zelda's transformation gimmick back in Melee.

So now we're going with "Weapons that aren't swords would be just like swords"? How about we just remove the hammers, daggers, and bow-blades and replace them with swords, then.

>intersting personalitites
You should've just stopped at diverse cast.
FE writing isn't always outright awful, but it's as cookie-cutter as you can get in 90% of the games
Even IF Smash's FE cast was more diverse, they would still be a bunch of anime weapon people shouting vaguely motivational and hreoic lines, with some cockiness thrown in

>The characters look the same, so the immediate choice for removal needs to be the lithe half dragon with drastically different movement from the others

Attached: 1547440423727.png (301x311, 162K)

But dark pit clearly is, despite being a one-off, none main character. So what?

It's more telling that you have to focus on the strawman of "every FE character is a marth clone" rather than actually arguing points made by anyone that criticizes FE. I have over 500 hours on Ultimate, I can prove that if you want.

Because Sakurai created him.

He also took five minutes to make

See:

So what you are saying is that there are other factors to a characters inclusion besides your arbitrary definitions of importance?

He just doesn't feel like a character to me, same with Jr., they made them colorful, but i don't feel like i'm truly playing as them, i would've preferred his moveset be largely based on Pac-man World

Skull Kid has the fortune and misfortune of being the main antaganist of a Zelda game without Ganon, so he's well remembered and highly regarded, but never looked upon again when they have an opportunity.

Ridley could be more iconic if the Metroid games stuck out more, but not as many people are familiar with that series.

Plenty of people know DKC but i never heard of someone getting past the first three levels.

back in Highschool many people had Zelda, one even with a tatoo of the Mask, but i only knew one guy who had played Prime

Attached: 5214.jpg (425x276, 19K)

>
That's not my point, man. Regardless of whether you think FE's characters are good, the games try to have interesting characters that differ greatly from each other. That's one of the core tenets of Fire Emblem, especially in the newer games. Smash does not do this justice as all of FE's fighters are main lords, when FE's strengths is in its side characters and recruitable units.

The problem with this is Fire Emblem: Fates is an abortion of a game and I'd rather have Corrin removed so we could have an equally interesting character from a good goddamned game, like an archer or a cavalier.

The burden of proof is on you to prove that an axe would bring something new.

7 marths is a legit complaint though. Fire Emblem has a huge variety of shit to pick from to create as smash fighters.

No, because Sakurai's whims trump everything else when he feels like it.

Didn't mean to tag the second user, sorry about that.

>Fire Emblem has a huge variety of shit to pick from to create as smash fighters.

It really doesn't. Just look how homogenous and bland FE Warriors roster is compared to Hyrule Warriors.

Because Corrin doesn't belong in a lineup with Ryu and Cloud

Your statement is literally contradictory. Sakurai's whims are an external factor to your arbitrary definition of importance. Reformulate your argument, and try again.

>It's just a strawman bro

Attached: 1554600397774.jpg (1280x714, 123K)

FE shouldn't get side characters because the main lords are the faces of their games
Smash puts representing the series above all else, and adding the main character is tantamount to that.
Not to mention, WHICH games would get side characters. I bet if what your describing was the case we'd get still get Anna and Camilla over Lyn or Hector and fags would still be buttblasted over it

>none of which say they're all marth clones
>even accidentally include some that mention robin and corrin is different

>BUT LITERALLY EVERYONE THINKS EVERY FE CHARACTER IS EXACTLY THE SAME MY POOR DISCRIMINATED FRANCHISE )))))):

For one it looks different. For two it's a slower but more powerful weapon. For three why are you so concerned about axes but don't question the hammers and daggers other characters have?

I wouldn't have any complaints about Fire Emblem representation in Smash if they weren't all fucking sword fighters. Imagine if the Pokemon reps in smash were all electric-type with the majority of them reusing moves from Pikachu. That's literally how FE is in Smash.

Attached: 1564795526386.jpg (438x438, 20K)

They're not my definitions. If Sakurai thought everyone you deemed worth was indeed worthy they'd be playable. Isaac, Saki, Waluigi, Geno, etc, all of them would be in. But guess what, they're not, because they're not worthy. Sakurai deemed Dark Pit worthy and there he is.

I did not make the argument that people were claiming they’re all Marth clones, people are making the argument they all have similar play styles which is blatantly untrue.

in the end, every move is just a hitbox that has been skinned in a different way

Careful, you'll have the sperg I'm talking to demanding from you how axes and lances would mean anything different.

>For one it looks different.

Pills look different then fireballs, yet Dr. Mario's neutral b is nearly identical to Marios

> For two it's a slower but more powerful weapon

>Ike, Ganon, Dedede

> For three why are you so concerned about axes

Because FE fans insist that they would be completely different but always fail to explain how.

They'd be different in the same way the other weapons in Smash are different. Why is that such a fucking difficult thing for you to understand, and why are you so defensive about a series that has a weapon triangle actually fucking using those different weapons?

I think the idea of "wasting/taking slots" is hilarious. It's like people think there can only be a limited amount of fighters and someone being in is less valid than their autistic fantasy pick.

"I just want retards to stop pretending they play the same"

And compared to other franchises with 6+ characters they are extremely homogenous. 6 out of 7 of them have the same down special for crying out loud.

So it’s not a straw man and these threads actually are infested with retards that suck balls at smash and think the FE characters all play the same thanks for your contribution.

>majority of them reusing moves
stop, just stop
The only shared moves are Counter and Dancing Blade, and even then dancing blade varies from ALL FOUR iterations so much that they're all used for different things
If you don't play them, don't talk about how they play in good faith

>It would be different!
>how?
>............

Attached: 1555519211169.jpg (767x730, 70K)

I have no illusions that I am capable of determining who is worthy for the game, just as you have no ability to say who is unworthy for the game.
As you have stated previously, you considered all characters who were "one-offs" unworthy, and that sakurai had the exact same arbitrary definition of worthiness, there would be several characters who are playable who would not be in the game.

Attached: smugpitbull.jpg (394x537, 21K)

>similar means the same

FE doesn't have the variety that Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda characters do, it's impossible to argue otherwise.

Why does it need to be "different" in the first place? Is it wrong to want different weapons for visual variety's sake?
Oh, never mind, you're from reddit. That explains it.

Open an arena and I'll beat you btw

Mario has the exact same shit in Dr. Mario, Mario, and Luigi. They have some similar A moves and share some specials, but nobody claims they are all similar.

All the characters that are represented play very similarly whereas all other franchises represented usually have a lot of different playstyles and move variety. If you can't understand this you probably have autism

Three out of 7 Mario reps have identical Down Specials
eh
>ALL THREE SPACIES HAVE THE SAME NEUTRAL, DOWN, UP, AND SIDE SPECIAL WITH DIFFERENT MODIFIERS AND EFFECTS
this is fine
>6 out of 7 FE reps have them same move with different modifiers and effects, 4 out of 7 have the same move with different modifiers and effects
OMG HOW FUCKING UNORIGINAL FUCKING HACKURAI REEEE

Because the FE roster in Smash is shit so the series must be shit too
Smashfags just have autism

Fire Emblem series (the reboot that started on handheld) has always been trash. Only the previous games had any semblance of worth.
Roy in Smash as a character was enjoyable especially if you had the pleasure of never associating with garbage FE games.

>Why does it need to be "different" in the first place? Is it wrong to want different weapons for visual variety's sake?

Moving the goalpost from "it would be COMPLETELY different" to "well it would LOOK different" I see.

I'm sorry, what goalpost? YOU are the one who started screaming and shitting yourself about how an axe must be completely different from a sword. YOU are the one being autistic with your "Why do you not want sword, everything must be swords, tell me why should there not be swords?!".

They hate what they have created.

Speaking of made-up rules.

>nobody claims they are all similar

You're kidding.

>
>Three out of 7 Mario reps have identical Down Specials

No they don't? I'm not sure what you're talking about.

>Spacies

People complained about the abundance of clones in melee, how wolf was another Fox clone. Still it's more understandable for one character and two derivatives to have similar specials than 6 out of 7 characters to have the same down special, especially since they're not all clones.

Can you imagine if for some reason SF got 7 reps for no reason? Then they decided to choose Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Evil Ryu, Gouken, Violent Ken and Sakura?

You piss off people that just care about Smash because you have 7 characters that are barely different.

You piss off people that know about SF because you chose 7 characters that are all similar.

Either choose different FE reps or cull most of them

This is how the conversation started.

Don't get upset at me because you're unable to explain why an axe would be different than a sword.

They all have counter because that’s how Sakurai chose to represent the FE series mechanic where characters automatically retaliate when they’re hit.

Robin and Corrin are okay because at least they were creative with their move-set

Having Marth, literally femMarth and Red Marth is too much and then Chrom is just fucking boring. No reason to have all 4 of these characters.

Why must it have different stats and affects? Why can't it simply be a different weapon for the sake of variety? You're either autistic or you're arguing for the sake of it because you're bored.

Then why doesn't Robin have one? It's fair to expect some leniency from being accurate to the games(especially since it's been done many times) for the sake of better variety in movesets.

He’s an autist, he has been crying about FE with these same talking points for months now.

I meant neutral specials, and the rest got cut off for some reason, It was meant to say the same thing as the spacies example.
but now that you mention it, Luigi and Doc got practically the same move with different modifiers.
The fact that all three spacies have got same specials but slightly tweaked is a lot more egregious than a few characters sharing a move but being different in most other aspects

Oh, joy. He's always jumped up people's asses when they say something besides swords for FE characters in Smash would be nice?

He just doesn’t have enough space in his specials to have all the iconic spells and a counter, and he probably wanted to keep the resource mechanic for every special.

They should keep all the FE characters but in Smash 6 they should add Sigmario, Sario, Fario, Lario, Nario and Pario so the Mario series gets more representation. I don't really know what movesets they could have but you could have a 10 minute meeting and go over it. Maybe Pario has like slightly longer range punchs? Lario could have....like a longer distance on his up-B? Boom. 6 more slots filled.

If you aren't able to explain why an axe would be different then you shouldn't have responded in the first place. And no having a different looking shape of metal isn't enticing enough to justify putting a character in Smash.

Then why do so many other characters in Smash have generic down-b counters?

>well actually I can speak on the the authority of Sakurai with no source heh

Not him, but its because the MAIN complaint about FE characters, showing in this VERY thread, \is that they all play simiarly
Your solution does NOTHING to help if they're still gonna play similarly, just with green haired spear man rather than blue haired sword man

>And no having a different looking shape of metal isn't enticing enough to justify putting a character in Smash
I would think the character itself would, since it's a new character. Ever think of that, or are you too fucking stupid to think?

>hurr you use a lance/spear the exact same way you use a sword!
Christ, there's two of you faggots who think the same way, i.e. not at all?

Probably because he likes it? I don’t fucking know dude you guys are way too worked up over this shit. Nobody irl cries about FE like this, among everyone I’ve talked to Roy and Marth are some of the most popular Smash characters.

>I meant neutral specials, and the rest got cut off for some reason, It was meant to say the same thing as the spacies example.
>but now that you mention it, Luigi and Doc got practically the same move with different modifiers.

I'm still not sure what you're talking about Even so

>thinking 2/3 out of 9 characters having the same special is as bad as 6/7 having the same move

>The fact that all three spacies have got same specials but slightly tweaked is a lot more egregious than a few characters sharing a move but being different in most other aspects

Every other series with 6+ characters doesn't have this issue FE has. It doesn't have any excuse. You don't see Star Fox fans go on about how unique their characters are like FE fans do.

At least a character attacking with a spear would look more visually distinct than ANOTHER character doing a similar sword swipe. Also the hitboxes for attack using a spear would be different. I can't tell if you are pretending to be retarded

What even is this argument?

Actually back in Brawl people did have to vehemently defend Falco and Wolf against autists claiming they were clones same as how people who play Smash have to defend the FE characters against the hordes of retards.

So you admit an axe wouldn't do anything different then other disjoints in the game?

Care to explain then?
How will an Axe be different than Ike with a big tipper
>At least a character attacking with a spear would look more visually distinct than ANOTHER character doing a similar sword swipe. Also the hitboxes for attack using a spear would be different. I can't tell if you are pretending to be retarded
Explain how then, it sounds awfully similar to a tipper to me, and a certain character already does that

What's yours? You're the one who decided to start shitting himself because I dared suggest that we see some of the other weapons from a series of games that has said weapons as extremely important mechanics. Why are you so pissy about it?

second part meant for

What exactly are YOU trying to argue here? Why are you so against FE characters using weapons other than swords in Smash?

My point was that axes wouldn't do anything significantly unique, judging from your argument shifting from "axes would be unique" to "why do they have to be unique??????" I think I proved my point.

are you projecting user-kun

But then why make a character for a price of three

This fucker just goes in circles. Hector is a shit pick for Smash btw and I think weapon triangle quota is a retarded idea but this dude is outright retarded.

FE is the most weebshit of all nintendo IPs and hasn't even been good in years

because there's like 50 fucking FE character in smash and they're all the same

>This fucker just goes in circles.

We would be able to have a conversation if even one person was able to explain why they think an axe was unique instead of shutting down and getting mad when asked why.

It's obvious that FE fans just circlejerk all the time "oh man imagine an axe user! what a fantastic idea! not just sword users oh my!" too much that they didn't realize why they thought that way until someone asked why.

When it’s about pure playstyle differences you say it doesn’t matter because they all look the same and nobody should be having to explain to you that they have different play styles because it should be immediately obvious. When it’s about adding a visually different character suddenly the visuals don’t matter and it’s all about play style. Which is it?

Why can't we simply have it for the sake of visual variety and to represent the fact there's more than just sword sin Fire Emblem? Seven characters in Smash and they all use swords, is it so wrong to ask for some variety? And we're having this "discussion" because you are so fucking autistic that you demand us to have "justifications" and to "create stats and abilities" for these weapons to make them "worth being in".

Why the FUCK is there still no manakete in Smash? I know you can bitch about swords and axes too, but dragons are the fucking namesake and central element of the series.
Tiki should have been in as melee alongside Marth, they're the oldfag staples of Archanea. You could even have Awakening Tiki as an echo/costume.

I mean, it isn't a great rep, but corrin does technically fit the bill.

>d nobody should be having to explain to you that they have different play styles because it should be immediately obvious.

Then you two shouldn't have a problem explaining why it would, right?

>as Melee
As early as melee

So fucking contraian lol, all new things are bad because I say so despite Conquest definitely being one of the best FEs difficulty wise without bullshit same turn reinforcements those older titles had.

Attached: muh axe.png (752x980, 23K)

Corrin isn't a manakete, they're some weird half dragon abomination that isn't anything like other dragons in the series. Even the Three Houses take is closer.

I am not in favor of an axe quota rep like Hector. I think the current state of FE representation in Smash, in which a variety of playstyles and games are represented as well as low effort fan favorites being present as clones, is ideal. You seem to agree with me right?

Attached: 1550812819079.gif (1024x1024, 665K)

>look everyone I can make strawman!
Visual variety. Why is that so hard for your trolling reddit ass to understand?

Maybe you faggots can just shut up and stop entertaining the idea of giving the literally who weeb franchise another character on top of the 8 they already have?

Attached: 1569299486012.png (192x192, 5K)

I understand that not everyone is going to be happy with how their favorite IPs are represented, but you have to have some perspective. Compared to every other franchise around it's size, FE has a LOT of shit in Smash.

And games within the series not being represented isn't unique to FE. Mario doesn't have any RPG representation, WarioLand doesn't exist in Sakurais eyes, Non Kirby sakurais aren't there, etc.

Just because you feel like they fucked up how FE is in Smash doesn't justify adding more and more until you feel like it is.

Attached: wah.png (752x980, 26K)

>When it’s about adding a visually different character suddenly the visuals don’t matter and it’s all about play style.
Because a character like Corrin becomes a thing. There's literally nothing different in his moveset that can't also be done with his sword, bar side B.

>visual variety

FE has the most samey looking characters compared to the other 6+ character franchises. Having different shaped pieces of metal doesn't change that.

Then how about removing the three pointless clones and replacing them with characters who are unique in playstyle and weaponry?

>Oh WOW! The dancing blade has slightly different animations between each sword fighter! This is completely innovative and makes every one of them stand out from each other! This is in no way pointless roster filler and I hope sakurai gives me more sword waifus from Fire Emblem!

Attached: 1521328846377.gif (413x243, 51K)

>hurr the characters all look the exact same!
And you accuse us of saying retarded nonsense. Of course I wouldn't expect anything more from a redditor.

who is smash bros wields an axe?

How about removing those 3 clones as well as Corrin, and replacing them with characters from other franchises? You FE fags are the greediest faggots I've ever seen.

Because that would be more development time wasted on FE just for the sake of "representing it properly" and for FE fans to complain about how it not being Lyn or whatever.

Yeah you can apply this reductionist argument to literally every character in the game so I'm not sure what your point is. If you wanted you could make Mario's F smash into Corrin's with him extending a fire bar from his hand. It's all just hitboxes.

This is what I'm talking about with you going in circles.

Look at the Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon and tell me that the FE characters are as visually distinct.

Belmonts and Villager.

>MUH SLOTS
removing clones doesn't add more slots

Rosterfags are mentally ill and have a victim complex. If only those dastardly FE clones weren't taking up all the imaginary "slots" then my literally who would be in the game! They feel resentful towards FE fags getting more reps then their favorite series because muh sales when Sakurai could give 2 fucks about any of that and just puts whoever he wants into the game. This breed of rosterfag will later evolve into cutfags who want to cut as many of the FE characters as possible regardless if they have a unique moveset or are zero effort clones that are easy to keep in the game. Their autism just can't get over the number of FE characters so it triggers them and feeds into their feelings of resentment towards FE characters and the people who enjoy them.

Attached: athoss.jpg (596x811, 128K)

Fire Emblem is literally the 3rd biggest cash cow for Nintendo now because of FEH and to a lesser extent 3H sold pretty good.

>If you wanted you could make Mario's F smash into Corrin's with him extending a fire bar from his hand.
Yeah, go ahead. Cut Corrin too while you're at it.

>Belmonts and Villager.
But the Belmonts throw their axe as projectiles and the villager only really uses it to cut down trees.
The mspaint comic is really disingenuous.

So you spend 50+ posts pretending to be objective but in the end it's just Pretty cringe desu.

>regardless if they have a unique moveset or are zero effort clones that are easy to keep in the game.

>you can't cut them because even though they take dev time, they're different
>you can't cut them if they're the same, because they took up dev time
>you can't criticize FE no matter what!

lmao

>People think Corrin is going anywhere.
You fags are gonna be in for a rude awakening.

Attached: 1539562785940.jpg (500x628, 90K)

I've been waiting for a while now for someone to explain to me what an axe user would bring differently to other disjointed moves but still haven't gotten anything.

>Marth
>Genderswapped Marth
>Red Marth
>Slightly older Marth
>Ike
>Robin
>Corrin

Source: your ass.
I'm literally a different person, you retard.

not everyone will blindly bow down to Japan.

>Zelda
>three Links out of six characters
Not your most compelling argument.

Dedede.
The weapon triangle doesn't even exist in 3H, so I don't know why you faggots are arguing about this. ISIS doesn't care about it, so Sakurai shouldn't either.

Attached: 1569300224987.png (232x369, 51K)

It would help their argument if FE was actually huge in Japan like people argued.

We're still wondering why they should bring anything mechanics-wise and simply be different weapons for the sake of visual variety. Do you shit yourself retarded over King Dedede and Ice Climbers having hammers when they're absolutely no different from the swords?

>Source: Your ass
Do you seriously want me to post the earning charts for FEH?

The three Links look really different from each other. Hell, literally the only visual similarity from Toon and Young Link is their outfits. Even if they did look the same it'd still be much better than FE's visual variety. Since there'd still be Zelda, Sheik, and Ganon.

What is the point of criticizing FE? You can criticize Sakurai's taste I guess but the next Smash is like 5 years away minimum, what's the point of crying about it now?

Sorry you're so blind you can't tell the difference between Ike and Corrin.

>Zelda
Really bad example, especially since the three links play incredibly similar to one another.

>m-muh unsourced 500 million dollary doos
That only amounts to 6 million units sold. Splatoon 2 did better in a shorter time frame. Hell I think even Arms did better.

>We're still wondering why they should bring anything mechanics-wise and simply be different weapons for the sake of visual variety

You want the argument to be about visual variety because you failed to argue how they would be different gameplay wise. Until you do don't bother replying to me anymore.

> Do you shit yourself retarded over King Dedede and Ice Climbers having hammers when they're absolutely no different from the swords?

>there are two hammer users, that's the same as all 7 of my reps being sword users

lmao

>>Lucina can't be a Marth alt because it would undermine her character
>>Dark Pit can't be a Pit alt because it would undermine his character

It's because they have different mechanics

Not a whole lot, but still different.

It was about the character designs being different. Also it's still better because it's only 3 characters, and Young Link is literally only there because of "everyone is here"

FEH has very little development cost and needs little to no marketing. It's also still not dead.
And what kind of fucked up math lets you divide 500 million into 6 million copies sold?

They don't need to bring different mechanics. You know this, yet you insist on arguing over nothing for attention.
>hurr weapons being different visually is fine when it's not fire emblem characters!
Hypocritical redditor.

It's pretty fucking clear that they were only there to pad out the roster. Now that they're officially branded as echo fighters™, the only people who have any right to complain about them are the alphfags.

I'm going to stop you both, because no matter how you look at it using FEH as an argument makes no sense

>came out after every FE character in smash was decided, so it made no difference either way
>doesn't even come close to Pokemon Go's revenue
>Not a fair way to compare to different nintendo IPs, since barely any of them have a mobile game

>one's toony, one's kiddy, and one's wild
Wooo, humongous differences in design there. Guess that means we can add Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi Mario, and DiC Mario since they all look slightly different from each other.

because it has too many reps for how popular/important it is
it has more reps than zelda, dk, kirby, animal crossing, and kirby despite having less sales than any of them
inb4 "it's a character based franchise so it needs more representation!" or "those games aren't as good as FE anyway lol"
zelda, kirby, and dk are all incredibly significant to Nintendo's history and FE simply isn't the same caliber as them

>The one single determining factor on who gets in Smash, aside from mandated shilling from Nintendo or Gamefreak, is "Does Sakurai like this character"
>retards STILL trying to argue about being "iconic" or "relevant" when he'll drop shit like Wii Fit and Piranha Plant

Attached: 2real4me.png (397x607, 192K)

FE fans are just as bad as smash fans, god the fanbase is cancer how do so many people that hate japan and anime play these games

I am almost certain there are no genuine alphfags and they only "exist" in the form of people crying Lucina isn't a costume. Any genuine Pikmin fan accepted long ago that Sakurai doesn't know shit about the series and doesn't care to.

>Wooo, humongous differences in design there.

Yes, Toon Links huge ass head looks different than Young Links normal head. Glad you noticed.

I don't hate fe i hate that for such a mediocre selling franchise they have way too characters in it. The worst part is even with all those characters they fail to represent the franchise well. The main gimmick of fe vs other trpgs is the weapon triangle but every single rep uses a sword. Hackurai sucks at giving proper movesets to to franchises with multiple reps

That's the secret, all FE discussion is infested with Smashfags that played Eliwood's game larping as boomer fans of the series.

Why can't the rest of them have different mechanics as well? Hell, Pikmin has an entire Pikmin type that's unrepresented that they could still use.
>still no source
>>And what kind of fucked up math lets you divide 500 million into 6 million copies sold?
The game "earned $500 million". Switch games are $80 a pop. I'll leave the rest of the math to you, genius.

Nintendo saw very little of Pokemon Go's revenue, it was all Niantic. It was also a flash in the pan that died in months. FEH is their only successful mobile game.

You're mad about Alph because he completely shuts down the "b-b-but muh convenience" argument.

>defending an overabundance sameface swordsman in a party fighting game about varied characters

All fist fighters are the same. Remove them

>Switch games are $80 a pop
Good job outing yourself, retard.

Attached: 1d3.jpg (533x800, 85K)

They think they stole a slot from whoever they wanted in.

>Switch games are $80 a pop
Where the fuck do you live?

because Sakurai doesn't like to make drastic changes to characters he's already put in the game. It took 12 years of "muh swords" before Ganondorf got a weapon, and even then it's just a copy paste of Ike/Cloud Smashes

Omg why isn't a Japanese game company meeting the demands of non Japanese people what the hell guys this is NOT cool. I really want to see (insert your favorite character here) smash but they have to keep adding dumb anime swordsmen!
p.s. If you have a problem with a game you simply don't buy it you mindless drone

>Nintendo saw very little of Pokemon Go's revenue, it was all Niantic

lmao as if you still wouldn't count FEH's money if it went to IS and not Nintendo.

>it was also a flash in the pan

It still makes more daily than Heroes.

Why would you actively hope that characters be cut, instead of just hoping that your favorite series gets more reps in the future? Even for the clones, there are people out there that like that character and are happy for their inclusion in smash. This is why 'everyone is in' was such a big deal and made so many people happy. Cutting characters only makes people who liked said characters sad. You can just not play characters you don't like, and enjoy beating them when you play against people using them. Actively wishing for cuts just because you don't like a series is very pathetic thing to do.

IS is Nintendo you fucking retard leaf

>>It was also a flash in the pan that died in months.
user...

Attached: top-US-iOS-games-2018.png (1051x708, 14K)

wft is there to represent the wii series which sold a shit tonne of copies
plant is one of the most iconic enemies from Nintendo's best selling franchises. there isn't enough to goomba or koopa troopa to work with to make good a good fighter so PP is the obvious pick

>Why would you actively hope that characters be cut, instead of just hoping that your favorite series gets more reps in the future?

I never said that, but your reasons to keep both clones and non clones contradicted each other and made it so FE could do literally nothing wrong.

Also oof you better brace yourself for the future.

nintendolife.com/news/2019/09/theres_no_way_future_smash_bros_games_will_have_as_many_fighters_as_ultimate_says_sakurai

Don't you know, user, if it's not relevant to ME than that means it must have been dead for years.

OK I FUCKING ADMIT IT. THEY'RE ALL THE FUCKING SAME, I JUST WANT MORE SWORD-WIELDING WAIFUS TO SATISFY MY SEXUAL HUNGER.
O-OH GOD... JUST THINKING ABOUT THEM MAKES ME WANT TO C-C-
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Attached: 1557124267952.png (1044x869, 185K)

>Why would you actively hope that characters be cut,
Because characters take time and resources to make? Do you honestly believe that there are infinite slots in the roster?
>Cutting characters only makes people who liked said characters sad.
No one will be sad when you cut Corrin. This is a fact.

>Smash Ultimate not even out for a full year yet
>don't even have all of the original DLC pack, let alone however many are on their way after it
>next smash game likely won't be for another 6 years at a fucking minimum
>cutfags already at it

Attached: 1511137292336 2.gif (309x313, 3.64M)

>cutting is somehow this radical, preposterous
idea
>even though it's been done in every single long running fighting game series, the previous two smash games, and sakurai himself admitted it's going to happen in smash 6

Attached: 1566142757590.jpg (375x375, 39K)

When I read that, I took it as there is simply no way all of the third party characters will make it into the next smash. Which should be obvious. But I don't see why they would cut any of the nintendo characters unless they are going for a series reboot. I'd be fine with that but honestly I don't see that happening. Smash is too big of a series to just risk rebooting it and massively shrinking the roster. The next game might not have "everyone is here!" but I still see them trying to keep as many characters as possible and just revamping the engine again for the new system.

The concept of discussing who's going and who's staying at this point is fucking folly, we don't even have the full ultimate roster yet.

Attached: 1537049504111.png (421x394, 221K)

cringe
based

Not him, but I am certifiably one of the biggest pikmin fans on earth and can safely say that Alph is by far the worst playable character in the Pikmin series. He’s literally just Olimar: Lite (blue edition). It should have been Louie to join Olimar in smash.

Attached: 6C939B67-8D28-4521-9282-77773B644467.png (705x898, 511K)

Why blatantly lie like this?

Hell the entire pikmin main cast is expressive as fuck in their gsmes. Like Louies eye pop upon first seeing a pikmin

>I don't like it so it's not going to happen
>Even though it happened in Brawl and Smash 4

>celebrate nintendo's ips
kill yourself purist the future is now

also people hate them because it is a lesser known series, i just dont give a fuck because i just want characters that are interesting to play and dont look and sound retarded. if there were fire emblem characters that didnt fucking exclusively use swords, like maybe one with a bow, a spear or an axe or something i wouldnt care if there were another 2-3, one of each

i like them more than the fucking furry and wacky cartoon sharktits shit that everyone else wants in the game or literal fucking whos like steve or geno. honestly didnt even give a fuck about banjo, the only reason i didnt get so salty is because it made my friends happy, but i was glad terry and joker were in. i just hope they dont have fucking retarded gimmicks like fighting game inputs or gauges like all the other characters sakurai autistically develops

because they're not fucking spongebob or some dumb baby meme game character

also it's the same weebs rooting for final fantasy or kingdom heart characters in smash

Ike's games came out before Smash, are sequels to each other, and were separated between two consoles. It DID get advertising. It's just a pain to figure out how to enjoy them.

>Because characters take time and resources to make?
Yes when they are initially created from scratch, but I seriously doubt that porting the characters that already existed in smash 4 to ultimate used any significant amount of resources.
>Do you honestly believe that there are infinite slots in the roster?
Why wouldn't there be? They can literally create as many dlc characters as they want, and if it continues to sell why wouldn't they keep going for as long as it continues to be profitable?

The argument for slots was always retarded, because a character like say "corrin" taking up a "slot" didn't rob another character of a slot. That character never had a slot in the first place, because he/she was never up for consideration in the first place. It's not like corrin getting in the game robbed us of our chance to get hector, or dixie kong or anyone else. They were never getting in, as much as I would like for either of them to do so.

>patternfags
I prefer to think that nintendo saw the impact of everyone is here, and would try to get as close to that as possible in the next game instead of just reverting to how things went in the past. But we're all just shooting the shit speculating so who gives a shit? We'll just have to wait and see.

If they wanted to push Pikmin 3 Charlie was the one to pick, Alph is largely considered boring and Brittany is largely considered a cunt. Louie should be his own fighter (or at least echo) as opposed to a skin.

UMU!

>Why wouldn't there be?
user...
>They can literally create as many dlc characters as they want,
You already contradicted yourself. Why does DLC need to exist when they have an infinite number of time and resources that they can invest in character slots? Why couldn't they just put in all the characters in the vanilla roster? Why do they need to save them for DLC to make extra money? Why do they need to cut modes just to open up slots for veterans and newcomers? Why did they release it in December last year instead of delaying it to this year or 2020?
The truth is, there isn't an infinite number of slots. Because they don't have an infinite number of time and resources.
>if it continues to sell
Why do they have to 'sell' anything when they can just keep the money they already have and save time while doing it?
>a character like say "corrin" taking up a "slot" didn't rob another character of a slot.
Yes it does. Corrin took x amount of time and x amount of resources. That could have gone to a different character.
>That character never had a slot in the first place, because he/she was never up for consideration in the first place.
That's different. That's just the director's personal choices instead of an actual, physical limit on the slots. There isn't an infinite number of 'slots', but there is an infinite number of possibilities in what could fill that 'slot'.
supersmashbros.fandom.com/wiki/Unused_Characters
More evidence that slots exist. So many planned and considered characters that can't get in due to a limited number of slots.
supersmashbros.fandom.com/wiki/Clone
Even more evidence that slots exist. Why didn't they flesh out these characters more if they have an infinite number of time and resources? Why did Sakurai have to choose between 7 clones and 1 full character back in Melee when they could have just added everyone they wanted?
>hector, or dixie kong
Your taste in characters is vomit-inducing.

Who says they cut modes just to open up slots? You're setting up a nice strawman but I don't see why you even bother.
>Corrin took x amount of time and x amount of resources. That could have gone to a different character.
Yeah it could've, but it didn't. Nintendo decided to shill the next FE game and Corrin happened. Corrin didn't rob another character of a slot. The slot for corrin was created because nintendo wanted it. The slot wouldn't have went to your favorite literal who if corrin never existed.
>That's different. That's just the director's personal choices instead of an actual, physical limit on the slots. There isn't an infinite number of 'slots', but there is an infinite number of possibilities in what could fill that 'slot'.
I can agree with that. So it comes down to you not agreeing with Sakurai's taste in characters. Which is fine. Your moaning about infinite time and resources is retarded, because that was never my argument in the first place. Porting over characters from smash 4 into ultimate takes an insignificant amount of time & resources and thus doesn't matter. Porting over the FE clones didn't rob you of your precious hat goomba. No one giving a shit about hat goomba prevented him from getting in smash.

Even FE fans hate FE
Go back to the shithole you came from and shitpost there

Honestly, it was Corrin.
They were the straw that broke the camels back that not only was it ANOTHER FE character that was added for promotion but they were DLC that we were made to buy.

lol mad

I don't recall almost any advertisement outside of a magazine and that was only for Path of Radiance, and what do you mean about figuring out how to enjoy them?

Attached: image.jpg (391x1024, 125K)

Yeah Nintendo really put that gun to your head and forced you to purchase that optional DLC huh?

T

>dedede
>axe
okay retard

I honestly feel like umu would make more sense than goku in smash because her series at least started with a video game

Shut up! It only took
>3 decades of games
>endless nintendo shilling
>sakurai bias
>infinite last chances after flops that would have killed any other franchise
>a soulless mobile gacha
for Fire Emblem to sell about as much an average self-sustaining JRPG series! It's a huge success!

*a porn VN

because literally every fe character looks and plays the same fuck off

What the fuck happened to FE's perception?
>before awakening: one of the few hardcore nintendo series, respected among gamers
>after awakening: ultra-casual waifu dating sim played by retards and losers

>respected among gamers
Let's not go too far

awakening hit the mainstream and got flanderized into a waifu simulator

Didn’t FE Heroes out sell like 75% of all of Nintendo’s IP’s?

>gacha game
>sell

Well, he did wield one in Triple Deluxe

K.Rool was always shown to be bigger than DK, but is shorter than him in Smash.
Ganon is fine.

okay i get it theyre easy to make echos basically skins but why are there 6 of them and where is my Funky Kong?

Attached: 1550187604845.jpg (712x1024, 63K)

It's all Corrin really. Nintendo did that poll for who fans wanted in, and when Corrin was announced as the final Sm4sh DLC character people shit themselves in rage. NO ONE wanted Corrin.

No, no, you see, Girl Marth, Red Marth, and Dad Marth all have (completely arbitrary) differences that justify them not being skins (that were included solely for this purpose).

For what was such a nothing franchise at that point two characters is still double the amount it actually should have had.

Which FE character deserves to be kissed by a bucculus more? Female corrin, female robin or lucina?

Attached: 1569312592727.png (500x281, 301K)

... I said "7 Marths"

Because they're so damn same-y that it's boring. It's a game where you've got such radically different characters and styles from different Nintendo games. You've got colorful cartoon characters and animal people, giant monsters and machines, all fighting on stages of futuristic racetracks and cloud temples. And then you've got this large block of characters all the same.

Take any other franchise represented in the smash game, each of the characters from it are radically different from one another, particularly in visual style/appearance. The difference between Mario and Bowser is significant, the difference between Samus and Ridley is significant. With the FE lot though, they're all just generic anime young adults, even if their playstyle is different, a significant part of the game is visuals and style and the FE lot are terrible in the way of visual/stylistic diversity in their franchise. Rather than include some strikingly different FE characters even, instead it's just some same-y anime young adults. Originally it was just Marth and Roy, two anime dudes of the entire game cast and that was alright because that was their style they brought to the table. With each subsequent FE character added though, it's just same anime person after anime person and nothing new brought to the table after what, 6 characters? 7? And after all, clone characters have always been hated in the smash franchise, well playstyle difference or not, visually the FE characters are shoe-ins for visual clones. Just

>Generic medieval-fantasy looking anime person with slightly different colors/clothes/hair... and a few of them don't have a sword

>even if their playstyle is different
It isn't

because human anime fantasy fighters have basically no character without playing their game, but they keep jamming more in just to attract the waifufags and weebs
characters like DDD, kirby, samus, sonic, kid icarus, etc all have enough visual appeal to stand out on their own.

I haven't played sm4sh in over a year, but I already couldn't tell you who anime-book guy was. What was Ike's personality, again? he fights for his friends?
oh look we have marth, the original anime sword fighter. He fights with a sword. Now we have a genderbent version of him

If a character's design doesn't immediately show off what they're about then you need to show us through their actions or dialogue. If that can't be done, then go rewrite them because you have a garbage character. Or at the very least, keep them out of a MASCOT fighter because they fuck up the ONE basic principle of being a mascot.

>A free to download gacha that a single person can potentially pump thousands upon thousands of dollars into makes more money than one-and-done games that cost a small, set amount of money
I'd also like to remind you that Heroes didn't release until after six of FE's seven characters had already been added to the game, so it absolutely can't have been a factor.

>because human anime fantasy fighters have basically no character without playing their game
Even if you play their games they have no character, Marth Roy Lucina and Chrom have identical personalities and role

Fire emblem awakening has 3 fighters that never pop up again in the series again outside of cameos

No other installment to an ongoing franchise has had that same kind of special treatment.

Mentioning how much money a gacha games is always misleading anyway since it's always the same group of a few thousand whales spending tens of thousands of dollars so they can have a full team of +10 Lucinas or whatever, 99% of the "players" don't spend a fucking dime

You can't even accurately gauge the popularity of a gacha though number of accounts because 90% of accounts are reroll throwaways

Gacha games are scams in so many different ways, it's ridiculous

not to mention the fact that parent companies inflate gacha numbers by a fuckton to make them look better to the whales

because they all look like dull faggots and are unfun to fight

I also dont hate FE, smash was my first FE game

I just Rather prefer variety
Brawl dropped Roy for Ike and Marth and Ike play different
Now we have Echos which aren't bad
And Robin and Dragon Robin also are different

And Sakurai could make an entire army out of the classes from FE
Spear, pegasus, etc. All unique and add to smash

... I have no problem with FE but I do want other IP to be represented better

Some people wanted Waluigi
That's entirely fine with me

My PERFECT SMASH WISH LIST IS
Sora (Disney/SE rep and hopefully KH2 outfit or Second Form as a alt)
Crash Bandicoot/Spryo (as Sony Rep)
Dante from Devil May CRRRRYYYYYY or DoomSlayer (Edgy but different kind of fun Edges
Eggman/sephiroth/porky (as the villains)
Dixie kong/bass/ms.pacman/and blood falcon as Echos
And cadence from crypt of the necrodancer/cadence of Hyrule as the indie rep and also rhythm based fighter (since I think more people would prefer over chorus kids)

It's amazing how FE can be justified to get so much because MUH ROTATING CAST, yet apparently every other Nintendo franchise suddenly has to satisfy a ridiculous list of arbitrary bullshit fanrule criteria for any hope of another character. FEfags seem to have a particular fondness of mental gymnastics to deny Zeldafags' requests for further characters.

My favorite is how they go with the excuse of "Zelda has no major recurring characters after Link/Zelda/Ganon" to shit on any Zelda candidates because these fuckups don't realize how this admits that, besides the Triforce bearers, the Zelda series also employs a rotating cast of characters.

>franchise with 8+ weapon types that most people know for working like rock paper scissors
>only pick swords outside of two characters who also still use swords anyway
FE isn't the problem, the absolutely abysmal character choice from it is
No one complains about Pokemon because outside of fire and fighting lmao and obviously electric no single type is represented more than once outside of pokeballs and half the pokemon aren't just lighter clones of another character

>melee debuts a lord
>people mad that soccerguy just keeps tradition up

Attached: 1554739129279.jpg (1024x764, 63K)

Pokémon is also, you know, the most successful entertainment empire in the world.

Even Sakurai admitted that there's too much FE. Fuck yourself.

Attached: 1539608733050s.jpg (250x192, 6K)

I don't hate the FE characters ay all, i just wished they weren't all swordfighters (Robin's the most interesting for me because of his tomes.)

Are we talking about pokemon now ?

Nah, I'll just keep fucking laughing when yet another FE character gets added and we all have the same arguments again. Maybe the next pass will be all FE.

Because marth kills me at 20 on Yoshi's

Attached: Bruh.png (500x501, 177K)

What a bootlicker

Why do I get the feeling that Corrin and now Byleth were specifically designed to be "Smashbait" first and foremost?
>n-n-no u, I'll be laughing when we get another fighter for sure, I bet the DLC will be all FE
>haha l-l-le epic salt, amirite XD

Attached: 1565487152099.png (545x545, 537K)

You are literally the guy in the OP image, calm down buddy.

>This generic unit from a tactics game with no real moveset in his own game would totally have an original cool moveset just because he uses a different type of bladed weapon
ok

Non-FE playing Smashfag: Why are you here and not someone I like/want?! 10-15% Chance: Hey this is kinda cool, maybe I should look up the games.

FE-playing Smashfag: Look, if you're going to keep giving us main Lords, do something better. Robin and Corrin are baby steps but come on.

Gren and Roar are both Dark types.

>already resorted to stutterposting and whipping out the kyoani reaction images

Attached: 1550386835112.jpg (1280x1080, 187K)

Fire emblem is a beloved series in japan and has very recently broken out to international appeal. God you Americans are fucking retarded. As this thread and the shitposters no doubt prove

Her game was already out in Japan, user.

Fixed it.
>heh if I point out that this picture is kyoani then everyone will know how correct I am

Attached: fixedit.jpg (1080x973, 195K)

This.
Plus, unlike say, Pokemon, a lot of these characters will never be relevant again outside of their debut games.

Your “FE playing Smashfag” is just a smashfag.

Grima

Nigger the franchise had like 10 games at that point. Just because you personally haven’t played one didn’t mean it wasn’t a major franchise. Autist.

>Smashfags always run through laundry lists of who they’d cut for the next game
>Roy is never on any of them
This is how you know they’ve never played an FE game ever.

Attached: 33C61BBC-8AEF-456F-8982-665A9540694D.gif (225x225, 481K)

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOO PLEASE I NEED TO PRESS DOWN B COUNTER

Attached: 1567172110304.png (726x418, 555K)

You are literally the guy in the OP pic, calm down.

OP why do you always make up these fantastic fantasies that only exist in your head?

>look mommy I posted it again!

Those 10 games didn't amount to a million sales combined

Really? You picked the most distinct one besides Robin as "the straw that broke the camel's back? It wasn't the four Marths?

How's my list?
>marth
>roy
>ike
>lucina
>robin
>corrin
>chrom

Most of the titles were only released in japan you sperg. Now look at 3 houses. Now go suck your fathers cock faggot

>unironically wanting less content

Attached: 1567522135726.jpg (640x721, 46K)

You saying that an axe user wouldn’t have a decent move set?

>Most of the titles were only released in japan you sperg
So? I thought it was "widely beloved" in Japan
Why did such a beloved series released flop after flop for decades

Man this thread just reads as “hoes mad”
Gonna chuckle heartily when another FE character gets on the fighter pass

What are you defining as a "flop" user? Because if a game makes back its dev and marketing budget, it's a success.

Did you realize there is a different population size in that tiny island of japan vs North America/international sales? Or that the bulk of those games were on NES/SNES, when gaming was picking up, so there were on a whole less consumers then now? Probably not because you’re a dumb Amerishart.

Same here, honestly. At this point I honestly don't give a shit who they add. It's all icing on the cake for me.

I'm defining "flop" as "this series' games sold so fucking little it repeatedly came close to cancellation until they turned it into a fantasy theme dating sim and a mobile gacha"

>tfw bowser's pretty much a shoo-in for future titles so I don't have to give a fuck about FE characters

Attached: 1554975120153.png (523x506, 448K)

>Not wanting to play as a goron or one of the other races

Looking at the origins of that character, toi can forget about it.

Shit man, however did dragon quest sell all those millions when only a tiny island buy the games
Could it be that dragon quest is actually beloved in japan while fe isn't and it's only western fan propaganda

It's a niche SRPG series known for permadeath and earlier for KAGA shenanigans; that's a genre that'll scare off your average casual and hook the hardcore. Such is why despite the sales pre-Awakening, FE had a surprisingly dedicated fanbase hungry for more. Audience size and demographic are a fucking thing and that has to be recognized rather than just screeching MUH SALES.

extremely based

Don't care about the Smash debacle that much but damn do FEfags have pathetically low standards. Any other SRPG fanbase would have crucified 3H but I guess it's okay to have unremarkable map design across the board for FE

user, the only other big standard left at this point is Super Robot Wars and NOBODY is playing that series for the maps.

FE fans don't care about the maps, just the dating sim elements. Go to any FE thread you will just find endless discussion about waifus and husbandos, 0 posts about gameplay

>Number of games dictates the importance or relevance of the franchise

Silly user, what actually dictates franchise relevance is fanbase dedication, and FE have the most dedication of all

because:
>rosterfags are autistic enough to defend whatever shitty character they want in as if their lives relied on it
>they probably assume every character except Link comes from FE
>to cope they insist they take up slots using another autistic power, fan rules

Fire emblem isn’t known at all in europistan thanks to fifa muhammad

>That head

Attached: slide-5_2048x.jpg (1301x842, 71K)

It’s not even a good turn based strategy is why. When I play a turn based strategy one of my favorite things is having cool or unique factions with interesting rules that changes how you play the game. If the factions are pretty much just cloned then what’s the point of even playing?

Nobody plays FE for the strategy

I want less fire emblem characters in smash and more characters from other media.
This isn't a fire emblem specific problem, I'd also say there are too many independent pokemon fighters. They could honestly do a really fun thing where they cut down the Pokemon fighters movesets for balance purposes and make it so that when you pick Pokemon Trainer you get to pick which 3 Pokemon you use. Would make sense in-universe and would free up a few slots for characters from different things.
I know it's not a practical suggestion and people would get really pissed that their pokemon main was halfway thrown out, but I think it would be a fun

That’s why I hate it. Not only is it a blight on smash but it’s an RPG and Strategy while managing to be shit at both. Earthbound is at least culturally significant but FE is shit in literally every aspect. The one good thing it has is the main theme, everything else about the series is awful. It’s even a shitty gatcha now meaning that it could have massive negative implications for Nintendo as a whole.

Because Samurai or whoever the fuck was in the planning stage of those characters, thought it would be a great idea to include the same character 5 times

Because Smashfags don't actually give a flying fuck about any of the games represented in Smash. They only like Smash.

>They only like Smash.
And that's a bad thing?

>Earthbound is at least culturally significant

Attached: 1567709109721.jpg (402x261, 64K)

Ignoring Conquest's gameplay entirely, Fates had the best music, mechanics, and aesthetic of the series

Hey remember when FEfags told everyone to harass SNK after Terry got confirmed? Good times

Nigga your character has the worst case of start/end lag and long ass hitstun

Epic twitter meme, based phone poster

Attached: 1560689258307.jpg (3027x2887, 1.98M)

Smash fags aren’t actually Nintendo fans

It's odd how there was a resurgence on memes being made poorly, only on purpose. When I was a lad, if you could do this to an image, you were simultaneously a cool kid and nerdy kid in middle school.

Smash bros you need to get in here NOW

discord.gg/sWAuneB

discord.gg/sWAuneB

discord.gg/sWAuneB

Attached: banjo.jpg (900x900, 78K)

They’re fake fans who don’t touch any other titles because they fell for that Sony pony “Bing Bing Wahoo” meme

Attached: 3CC6F60D-F522-4E54-BF17-DCE831B31D87.gif (569x320, 1.62M)

It inspired Undertale, is praised as a cult classic, has innovative mechanics for it’s genre, interesting dialogue, etc. What exactly does FE have under it’s belt to deserve the shilling and attention it gets by Nintendo even though it still remains largely unpopular and even hated? On the other hand, actually good IPs like Mother and Splatoon only get a little attention by Nintendo despite being more significant culturally or sale wise (or both considering Splatoon’s popularity in Japan).

>If you don't like dating sims you aren't a real fan
ok

A bit weird to try and derail a 450 post thread but rolling anyway

>our
You're on a gook owned website

>What exactly does FE have under it’s belt to deserve the shilling and attention it gets by Nintendo even though it still remains largely unpopular and even hated?
Waifus

lets go

>only Simon and Mega Man can hold a candle to him.
Are you stupid?

I’m saying you’re a fake fan because the only Nintendo game you actually play is smash, and actively shit on other Nintendo game. Read, pony.

>I’m saying you’re a fake fan because the only Nintendo game you actually play is smash
No
>and actively shit on other Nintendo game.
>If you don't blindly love any game ever produced by Nintendo you are a fake fan
ok

like 60% of it IMO is that they seem just lacking in personality compared to a lot of other characters.

Despite being a franchise which especially as of late has a lot more focus on narrative the fire emblem protags have always come off like cardboard in the smash games to me, boring goodboys with swords.

That’s not something unique to Fire Emblem though. A Splatoon waifu gatcha would be 10000% more profitable and popular for example. I mean shit people are already willing to pay a lot for amiibos and figs of characters, Nintendo just isn’t capitalizing on it.

I am a huge Fire Emblem fan, and I too think it's really lame how Marth become the template for practically every Fire Emblem character in Smash.
Edelgard, Byleth, or Veronica would unironically be super rad. Hector, Ephraim, or Black Knight too.

The truth isn't that they hate FE because of all the characters in the roster.
Smash Community hates FE because it killed Advance Wars

But to be fair: Robin and Corrin are the ones that aren't echo fighters of Marth.

Every one beyond Marth and Robin are a waste of a slot.

>inb4 ike and corrin are okay because they swing their swords in a slightly different way

Neither is Ike

Holy fuck, stop trying to add more fe shit

>thread is still up
>fe fans still unable to explain why an axe would be significantly different

IT JUST IS FUCK OFF

Retro Studios hasn't even been able to come out with a new game since Tropical Freeze back in 2014, how the fuck do you think they could handle making a game like Smash?

Awakening is the only FE I've enjoyed start to finish, but Path of Radiance is good too.

Lucina and Chrom are some of my favorite characters to play in Ultimate, a lot of smashers actually like fe characters even if they don't enjoy the games.

Also no one has been able to show a clear example of smash community hating FE despite complaining about it, talk about a victim complex.

>Nobody hates FE that’s why I’m going to cry about it
>For 50+ posts in the same fucking thread

I’ve seen these same talking points with the same writing style for actual months, I’m shocked you didn’t start going on about “bare minimum” uniqueness this time.