What happened to Nintendo?

What happened to Nintendo?

Attached: 1569079298319.jpg (3870x2203, 1.74M)

Other urls found in this thread:

waypoint.la/graphic_design/amazing-things-you-ought-to-know-about-video-game-key-art/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

my dick happened

Soul

Attached: Links-Awakening-Marin3840x2160-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 98K)

Attached: peter.jpg (625x455, 72K)

Attached: 3179710.png (150x128, 438)

epic reddit post bro

they know their audience are manchildren who like to play with children's toys and designed the style to fit

the one on the left is not official art
>inb4 semantics
you know what I mean faggot

Nice concept art bro.

Here's an actual image of the final character.

Attached: Marin_Artwork.png (476x590, 417K)

What is it?

It's literally featured in the German manual and in NP produced by Nintendo, it's as official as this

Its promotional art by an artist not involved with the creative process of the game, mostly for the western audience

>retard goes on to argue semantics

So it's official key art?
Retard

Yeah you can say that, but the one I posted is found much MUCH more often. Including in the Zelda Encyclopedia or whatever it's called.

You're referring to an obscure version of the game, and a how many years old Nintendo Power issue? I don't really think it's the same

>Im going to conveniently ignore its not a faithful portrayal of the game and continue arguing semantics
retard

The fact that the Switch is strong enough to do a LoZ game that looks closer to the artwork of Link's Awakening but intentionally chose this shitty midget chibi shit automatically made me avoid this shitty game. Double fuck it to hell because it's a remake on a console and yet it's still a stupid 2D overhead game. Triple fuck it because Nintendo did all this and charges full price. Fuck Nintendo, I hope this flops.

>the original claim is "semantics"
retard

Speaking of official art, how did they fuck up Samus this bad?

Attached: 6a00d83452033569e201157092978c970c-600wi.jpg (600x920, 108K)

Compared to ALBW it's really underwhelming as a remake. Theres also literally no penalty for death at all other than minor annoyance of treading a few rooms so theres no pressure in any dungeon unlike ALBW where until you bought the item dying meant you lost progress in some way.

>a rushed model made in 2001 designed to be special unlockable bonus content has more soul and accuracy put into it than the 2019 model for the main character of a $60 HD """remaster"""

It's sad Yea Forums continues to defend this

Attached: SSBM_Marin_Trophy_Model.png (430x597, 227K)

By your logic this art is supposed to be a faithful representation of its game too, stop being retarded

Attached: megamanbox.jpg (400x550, 88K)

Um who said it isnt? That's official artwork.

Are you still on this, you retard?
Do you not know what official and unofficial art is?
Or do you think every piece of fan art is official art now?

Why is her hair made of orange flavored gummy candy?

Ok so you are just mad because covers are not "badass" anymore because the games never ever looked or were meant to look like that

I fucking love the artstyle of the remake. It's actually the main reason I'm buying it.

Literally fucking retarded. Kill yourself. Before you even reply, the fact that you don't know why what you said is fucking stupid is the reason you need to swallow a shotgun shell.

Melee trophies were pure soul, I wish we got to see those Rareware trophies that were cut from the game

Attached: CE9EF297-01C5-498A-B095-E8F9D88ACAD2.png (382x479, 184K)

Let's be honest - this was 100% suppose to be a 3DS remake that was quickly switched over to Switch

They fell in love with funko pops.

That's sad, the switch can't even handle 3ds games?

Iwata died. Quality control died with him.

>we could've gotten an ALBW style remake on the 3DS
>cursed with this trash instead
Show me 1 (ONE) genuinely great thing Grezzo has done.

>Blonde hair
>Awkward Sonic 06 looking human
>More "soul" and accuracy
Are you trolling?

Attached: Zelda.png (2000x1500, 2.55M)

user look at OP and the posts here

One of those screenshots isn't even from a Zelda game

Except that's wrong, look here

Funko Pops are very popular, you know?

Attached: linkle_inquisitive.webm (480x700, 3M)

>human proportions
>shaded as if she were on the beach, which matches the rock
>dress and sash blowing
>playing a harp in that cute pose
No.

>this shit cost 60 bucks
>the same as re2 remake is 60 bucks
>nintendo dicklets still suck this shit up
I wouldn't be shutting on the game if it was 20 or 30 bucks. But holy shit is Nintendo this jewish?

I wanna fuck the right

So closer to the right than left?

>zoomer bitching that a human model made in two thousand and fucking one and was created as an after-thought looks a little off

It's a completely accurate representation of what would look like in 3D. Obviously the texture and model could use a little polish but maybe because it was created in fucking 2001.

oot happened
thanks to it every zelda game is required to look like it's for 5 year old children

>key art
What is this term? I haven't heard of it until this picture has been posted around here, and believe me I spent/spend a lot of time looking up art for video games.

>japanese weebshit only looks good when it's trying to appeal to westerners
wow imagine my shawk

Right is unironically better than the shit on the left
Way cuter

Attached: Marin_(Hyrule_Warriors).png (511x1032, 380K)

Game was designed to appeal to female gamers.
Same for Yoshi crafted world and Toad treasure.

Nintendo isn't one person, it's a collection of studios all doing their own thing. Aonuma hasn't been involved in the direct development of Zelda titles for a long long time.

choke on my literal feces

Attached: peter.gif (336x264, 629K)

You pathetic cherry picking falseflagging faggots really have nothing better to do than spam these low effort threads?

Yea Forums is reddit

>key art

You must either be pretty damn blind. Well, in your defense I know of the term from anime far more than video games...
Anyway, key art is a main piece of promo art basically
>pic related, first key art of Skyward Sword

Heres something that explains it I guess.
waypoint.la/graphic_design/amazing-things-you-ought-to-know-about-video-game-key-art/

Attached: 38b8102313e0dee3f9c665e98ce029a4.jpg (900x1200, 207K)

Post the box art if you're so tough.

this is the impression i got tbqh.

smash stages still count

That's not what key art means.
It's promotional art by a third party.

Remember this is literally Link's dream girl. No other Zelda franchise girl holds a candle to her.

This is actually pretty good though.

Based

Attached: 2257554-dampe.jpg (480x480, 22K)

Nothing faggot. It's still a kids game for kids.

What does she wear underneath?

Heart AND soul happened

Attached: EE3qAvnUcAEHKi8.jpg (1200x820, 175K)

It's a whales background character

They allowed dead people to be hung from walls, treacherous company.

Attached: IMG_20190920_220440.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

wait where is that?

>By your logic this art is supposed to be a faithful representation of its game too
Nobody said that you drooling retard, they said "official artwork."
That is official artwork.

Somewhere early in the game , forgot where

yeah apart from her being wall-eyed and having a jew noise

FUCKING FUNKOPOP SHIT

Cute feet

What?

Look at all this soul

Attached: 2019092320222600-9129043EF2AAD7F1157CF852BACB8F7D.jpg (1280x720, 170K)

Soul

Attached: 2019092320531800-9129043EF2AAD7F1157CF852BACB8F7D.jpg (1280x720, 146K)

Leave this site, normalfag

More interesting, when did we enter the era where a game’s key art actually resembles the in-game graphics? Because that sure as shit wasn’t always the case.

Does Link play Nintendo games, or The Windfish plays Nintendo games?

>Link's dream girl
She's the Windfish's dream gull

The chamber beneath Moldorm, the first dungeon boss.

This game needs anti-aliasing so bad. fuck nintendo and their shit hardware. hurry up yuzu.

Attached: Zelda mini.png (1200x675, 1.16M)

and they're all terribly designed

>semantics
Uh no, how about you stop throwing random terms around like a fucking autist instead?

Read redpill: After Link's Awakening, Marin continues to reincarnate throughout time as "Malon" or someone similar so she can be close to Link, only to get continually cucked out by Hylia and Fi.

Posting the fanart most people are familiar with. But you're just posting this same goddamn image again because you want as much of a contrast as possible to troll people as much as possible.

Attached: 168px-LADX_Marin_Artwork.png (168x320, 67K)

Actually funny thing about that. There is a theory about the "Mario girls". These are Zelda girls with 5-letter names that being with M, all of whom have red hair.
Marin, Malon, Medli, Midna, Mipha. The red hair corresponds to Mario's red hat.

Attached: C9dcQf4VoAA8Tfu.jpg (2048x1514, 578K)

you will never be japanese