GameStop Story Thread

I'm working for GameStop soon, post your GameStop cringe or based stories.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-03-21-47-39.jpg (1440x1020, 152K)

hope you have a back-up plan

>I'm working for GameStop soon
>After they closed hundreds of stores and laid off hundreds of employees
OP...

Why do you want to work for a dying company?

i work at a gamestop in NYC

a.guy came in today to pre-order SWSHit and he shit all over himself when i told him about the national dex thing

i'm talking a literal galloon of shit. we had to call for an ambulance. he couldn't stand up

the kids eyeballing our new funkos vomited almost as much as he shat. all around terrible day

That's barely even a dent in their company. GameStop is getting a major redesign, check vid attached

Attached: Are you ready WE ARE!!-2160950194204050.webm (240x426, 2.85M)

nigga that's a daycare for balding men in their 20s

A mother came in saying that we sell the controller of her son broken to them. We checked and found out someone opened it and took some stuff out of it we showed to her and she said that her angle son could never do it because he is a good boy so she wants the money back because we "scammed" her.
She discussed with us 10 min and after that screamed that she will call the police if we don't give her the money back.
That's what you have to deal with

The redesign is a desperate final gasp for breath.

>went to GameStop
>saw a disabled guy, a morbidly obese guy, and a kid dragging his parents around the store
>bought my game
>never went back
The only thing I hate about GameStop is gamers.

Attached: 1469378184249.jpg (960x960, 175K)

>just turned 10 years old
>go to local game store to buy shadow the hedgehog (rated E10+)
>they have tons of retro games and a really great exchange policy
>you could basically trade in a used game for a brand new one
>two weeks later the local game store is closed and a gamestop just opened a block away

i fucking hate gamestop

This is like Barnes and Noble for gamers. Once the employees see that you have outstayed their five minute tolerance, they are chasing you out of the store.

>happy because this might revive the FGC
>sad because it’s just going to be Mario kart, mario party, smash and psvr shit

*plop Breath of the Wild on the counter*
>Anything you want to preorder today? New Call of Duty New Basketball New Football.
No just the game thanks.
>Any interest in a guide, 10% off when you buy it with the game! Gotta find those seeds!
No im ok.
>You sure man they can be pretty tricky!
No
>Looks like your power up rewards is expired $15 to renew that for a year?
I think I'll pass this year.
>Come on man you're saving money! You get the magazine today!
I don't want it
>Need disc protection on that? Games are an investment you know you gotta protect them.
>(DISC protection on a Switch game)
I'll take care of it.
>Total comes to 60 whatever
Whats that $2?
>Oh thats the disc protection.
I said I don't want it.
>Haha it just makes sense to have I must have added it by mistake you know it just makes sense you sure you wanna remove it?

GAMESTOP IS DYING BROS AND ITS ALL AMAZONS FAULT.
THERE IS JUST NO MARKET FOR PHYSICAL COPIES.

Attached: legion of zimbabwe btfo.jpg (494x741, 66K)

What? I've never been chased out of a B&N. It's the best bookstore/coffee shop. I even ask for extra creamer packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.

One time I asked for creamer packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly B&N cafe worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local Barnes and Noble Cafe, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with cream instead of milk, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great drink that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.

I even dip my fries in Double Chocolate Chunk cookie in the creamer, it's delicious! What a great cafe.

at least you tried

>go to gamestop
>buy a new game
>they try to give me an opened game labelled as new
>twice
>at two different stores
>stop going to gamestop for 12 years and counting

what is this, a /ck/rossover episode?

A Gamestop employee died early Friday of September 25th 2007 after an "out-of-control" mob of frenzied shoppers smashed through the store's front doors and trampled him, police said.

The stampede plunged the Valley Stream outlet into chaos, knocking several employees to the ground and sending others scurrying atop vending machines to avoid the horde.

When the madness ended, the undisclosed man died and four shoppers were injured.

It is widely believed this was due to a sale over the popular Halo 3 new at the time.

Lmao

If the redesign brings a complete and total end to this type of “circle of life” directive bullshit, I’ll seriously consider coming back.
Just let me buy whatever the fuck I came for in peace.

>tfw he never got to finish the fight

Attached: 1465790629359.png (640x359, 68K)

inb4 some retard shits on the couches

Attached: EFG3mqEWsAMgHYd.jpg (800x750, 133K)

There will just be loud and a annoying nig nog children left here to play games all day.