What am I in for? Never played a resident evil game before

What am I in for? Never played a resident evil game before

Attached: residentevil1.jpg (460x215, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reupscaleproject.blogspot.com/p/download.html
youtube.com/watch?v=4pZV3UPmXI4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

one of the best

Attached: jilly.jpg (720x406, 30K)

fucking 10/10 puzzle game in the guise of action. plenty spooky tho

A fun scary time. Play with the lights off and a blanket wrapped around you.

Attached: 1567201167072.jpg (600x450, 31K)

is it actually scary? I remember playing silent hill on PsOne as a kid and didnt find it scary desu

An excellent but dated game

Creepy or unnerving is probably a better way to describe it
Dated how?

Lots of puzzles. You'll probably die a lot to the monsters your first time through. I'd say try to save often but it costs ink ribbons to do so, but you get a good amount throughout the game.

>10/10 puzzle game
Is this the only "puzzle game" you've ever played? It's not even a 5/10 puzzle game. The puzzles are all for braindead retards. They're all on the same level as the shit in Bioshock and Skyrim that is roundly ridiculed here.

my favorite video game

tank controls
good ambience
survival horror

Resident Evil isn't scary
All of the mainline games except for 6 have great atmosphere

Know any games with puzzles that actually require using one's noggin that aren't primarily puzzle games?

B movie kino

try not to get soft-locked :)

Tank controls, camera, inventory, save system

you'd have to be an idiot to get softlocked in a Resi game
an exception being RE0 where you can break the game by doing a few things in a bad order combined with leaving items lying around. dunno if they fixed that in the remaster

it's good if you enjoy it for the glimpse into video game and horror history it is. it isn't perfect but it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful.

Attached: Aunt Cass.webm (1920x810, 665K)

Virtue's Last Reward

Poopy pants.

comfy horror kino

Attached: becca5.jpg (346x544, 47K)

what that bro

If you're playing the PC version, install the hd texture pack

reupscaleproject.blogspot.com/p/download.html

One of the best games and remakes of all time.

>Tank controls
>Inventory
>Save system
I understand the contention but I see all of these as things that improve the experience desu
>Camera
Never actually have an issue with this unless I was play on the alternate controls which I never do for the most part. To each his own I suppose.

Attached: 1547339329157.jpg (221x221, 18K)

Tank controls, fixed camera angles, decent puzzles
Dont worry about running out of ribbons

Run past zombies if you can. If you run out of ammo, don't assume it's game over. Save rarely.

so far, loving the tense atmosphere and the lingering threat around every corner. Only thing I dont like is that I keep forgetting what room has something of interest and how to get back there. I think im gunna take start writing shit down on a paper

Attached: rag.png (357x174, 75K)

Do you like trash horror movies? It's like a good version of those. Awesome game. Pretty unnerving, some jump scares.

Check the colors of the rooms. Use the maps.

It had great
>Atmosphere,
>Music
>combat and puzzles
>Crimson heads
>Jiggle physics on Jill's boobs

Attached: giphy (3).gif (407x439, 2.1M)

what I meant is like what room had a puzzle I couldnt solve. like I found a broken shotgun earlier and had to wander around for a bit before i stumbled upon the room with the shotgun puzzle. I feel like the hallways are slowly being etched in my brain now the more i go back and forth. would have been nice if i could manually drop markers around points of interest. so far having a blast thanks Yea Forumsros

Why are her lips so red?

Probably a mod

Now that I noticed it, a shitty mod it is

jill doesnt need mods

Attached: 9 - ccmHHP1.jpg (1920x1080, 413K)

Jesus you're stupid.

That doesn't make it a puzzle game, jackass.

OH NIGGY you are in for some SHIT

I'm assuming you are playing the remaster, which is kind of fucked up but not as bad as Silent Hill HD. Its a passable replication. At the beginning when it lets you choose a difficulty be sure to choose the last one if you want normal. In the original game you got two options to start. Easy and Normal. But in this one you have three, from the top - Very Easy, Easy, Normal. Of course you can pay on easy if you want I don't give a dildo I'm not you fucking dad you'll be back anyway.

The blockade people usualy run into this game is the green arrow. In the hallway with the statue you CAN pick up the green arrow, and be sure to examine it afterwards. Everything afterwrds is simple common sense stuff, there really aren't any hard puzzles, its a meme, the difficulty is just right, which is why the game is so good.

You have two screen options, the original 4:3, or a cropped and zoomed 16:9. I would heavily recommend the 4:3. Mostly because its what I know, but also because the constant scrolling makes me sick.

You have two controls options, the original tank controls, or a "2D" option, which controls like Resident Evil Outbreak/Silent Hill 2 in "2D" mode. The default is the new controls. Again, I'd recommend the tank controls.

Jill is the easier option, recommended for first playthrough with two more inventory slots and a lockpick, and also access to to the Grenade Launcher. Chris has more heatlh and a lighter, but less inventory space and must find old keys for certain doors.

Thats about it enjoy the game!

Attached: Jill-Valentine-Resident-Evil-wallpaper-h.jpg (725x547, 40K)

accept from the very beginning that will be backtracking a lot
save your ammo as much as possible, ammo us limited but cam.offer more or less depending on the difficulty
dodge zombies by walking past them
don't use herbs unless you're in danger state
you cam burn zombies after killing them, but it's limited, theres a reason why and it's important you pick the right ones to burn.
item boxes are your friend, and they will all carry the same items.
save ribbons are limited depending on the difficulty
always have inventory space available, two at least.
Jill's playthrough is easier than Chris'
remember you can inspect items and combine
don't rely too much on saving, it's vest to do a handful of progress before considering saves, you can always save scum it and do a careless run then reload save and don't it proper once you know where to go.
explore, explore, explore, rub your face across every surface and shinny objects.
if on pc, download the mod that removes the door opening loading screens, it makes backtracking less tedious if you find backtracking tedious.
poison states will eat your life over time, you need to cure it with an item in game.
zombies can't go through doors, or save rooms
save non pistol ammo for really dangerous situations
daggers and tazers are a good get out of jail attack from zombies, sometimes daggers will let you use them more than once
head explosions on zombies are rng

Those that have involved puzzles would generally be classified as puzzle games wouldn't they

I just want to say SOULLESS in regards to that gif.

Enjoy controlling a fridge on a segway.

No its still fucked.

Every single person who cried "b-buh i wanna drop items... item box unrealistic..." 100% your fault.

Dear god man just admit you said something stupid or shit up.

Attached: 10 - ISzfdEG.jpg (1280x720, 282K)

Jill somehow being the most bland RE girl yet the the hottest piece of ass in the entire series.

What did I write incorrectly?

What kind of hole must one live in to have made it this long without playing an RE game?

use multiple saves

I always wonder this too when people haven't played good games that are old.

You’ll get the most out of it if you play the original first.

Attached: 502DB35D-FE1F-4267-BFC8-60756C62A876.jpg (1323x1200, 164K)

her bland lifeless expressions really hit home

Attached: 14 - iMm7Tcr.jpg (1200x2064, 199K)

didn't have a ps1 and ps2 growing up. finally getting around to playing a lot of games from that era.

eat a dick

Attached: jill34555.jpg (1360x768, 153K)

Atmospheric spooky feelings with occasional "OH FUCK SHIT SHIT SHIT Moments"

yes it is, don't listen to the retards. Remake is in a new ballpark from the original one.

The audio, hearing the moans, music, crimson heads, some jumpscares, fuck zombies coming through the windows fuck fuck fuck crimson heads fuuuck hunters.

Attached: 304240_screenshots_20190117214604_1.jpg (1920x1080, 364K)

she looks stoned.

op here, zombies breaking thru windows while backtracking thru that area above the save room in mansion 1f was perfect. I decided to burn all those fuckers. fuck i think im gunna buy all the other games in the franchise since they are on a ps4 sale and binge it over the next few weeks

zambabos can't grab you if you are moving up/down stairs, only vomit at you fyi

Nice that you're enjoying it user!

Attached: jill33.jpg (1024x576, 121K)

No. In the same way that Resident Evil isn't a shooting game, despite having shooting in it.

Resident Evil games vary greatly between installments. REmake is the only one that plays like it.

Resident Evil 4 is obviously a fan favorite if you wanted to try that. Its a third person shooter, action focused but not like 6, which is divisive, but I am a 6 defender.

Boredom

>Oh man, a low poly zombie is slowly shuffling towards me

OH NO!!!!!!

RE6 has the best Mercs
Anyone who says otherwise is retarded

>479124971

Attached: EFD2BB5C-9FDA-491B-8C99-2BABFC63EA1B.png (512x480, 110K)

Right back at ya, RE5 is the pinnacle no joke, I put a good 100+ hours in that

i have seen a friend play the one where you're in africa or something i think it was RE-5 and it looked like a straight shooter. Should I go in chronological order and play OG Re-2 or the new remake one.

RE5 has great coop
Though I played so much of it by myself that I got unlimited ammo for all the guns and then played a few more times with the Move

4 is the only resident evil that you could claim is scary, and even then that's only in the castle.

how is it scary?

literally the best RE game or one of the best games ever made

Amazing scenery. Great atmosphere. Genuine challenge for a first time play through. Gets better as you get to know it.

Whichever you want but you should play both, they are radically different games. Original 2 is closer to REmake but obviously it was made in 1998 for the PSX.

Attached: resident-evil-2-remake-comparison-old-vs-new-4.jpg (1732x864, 125K)

>RE 4
>Scary
Not with the unlimited ammo and Healings

Attached: killyourself.jpg (998x1029, 298K)

RE's rival series, Silent Hill.
Most point and click adventure games.

she really steals the show

Attached: c.jpg (1024x768, 85K)

the game is equal parts high tension and quiet and comfy.

Attached: 16 - 7sAJ6xF.jpg (1920x1080, 468K)

how does it compare to the silent hill franchise

>buyer's remorse
How the fuck was I supposed to know it had abysmal audio? I knew about the framerate and figured why the fuck not it's portable but holy shit

Attached: ds.jpg (575x954, 188K)

play demon's souls.

Attached: Maiden_Astraea_01.jpg (320x320, 25K)

Why are Jillfags so fucking obnoxious.
They're worse than Beccafag at this point, who literally got RE threads removed for a time.
Silent Hill has games of higher quality(1-4), but as a series it is worse than RE.

Attached: How Do I Play RE v0.1.png (3463x2574, 3.4M)

This and CV, if you don't have ammo for the plane tyrant fight you can't go back. If you don't have any healing items for the hulk Steve part you just die. Full reset status.

Attached: 0be38cd6f0f1e21439874a57fb4cf4d1.jpg (700x993, 420K)

Jill really is easy mode. Easy inventory access, lockpicking, more space, a grenade launcher, early shotgun, and Barry bailing you out

Just did a run with this, I feel like it cleans up some of the BGs too much. Overall it's an improvement but some screens don't look grimey anymore.

>I feel like the hallways are slowly being etched in my brain now the more i go back and forth
I think that was the point. Each place felt unique in the mansion. There were rooms that were empty and had tension while others were crawling with zombies.

It had moments of tension every fight.

A Jill Sandwich.

Attached: 04.jpg (2304x4096, 2.65M)

Chris really is easy mode. Takes more damage, less ammo types to worry about, better defensive items, and Becca giving you free heals in the safe rooms

Attached: becca_shirt1.jpg (800x1600, 58K)

youtube.com/watch?v=4pZV3UPmXI4

The save room theme is memorable.

Monster

Attached: 1554752960345.gif (656x368, 2.86M)

this tune invokes such odd feelings..its calming yet at the same terrifying..theres nothing quite like it

What a qt. I want to roll *it* around in my mouth.

Could you not have found a better looking tranny to spam every RE thread with? There's plenty of hot ones out there.

Stop it! Don't open that thread