Is it worth getting a Nintendo Switch in 2019? Nintendo's next console is probably right around the corner

Is it worth getting a Nintendo Switch in 2019? Nintendo's next console is probably right around the corner.

Attached: nintendoswitch-photo-jp-homemenu-1-1038x576.jpg (1038x576, 73K)

no it's not, no it's not

The only time Nintendo replaced a successful system quickly was the Game Boy Advance. The Switch will likely last six years at least.

they released Switch V2 already

Switch Pro FUCKING when?

2023 is not right around the corner

I have buyer's remorse after buying a switch. It's not that fun.

>right around the corner

based retard

Attached: 1566946321835.gif (591x335, 1.24M)

Wii 2006 WiiU 2012 Switch 2017
5-6 years is the trend
late 2022 - early 2023

It is though. I'm loving Cuphead and there are at least 30-40 games that I want to buy for this platform.

if you can hack it probably, nintendo shit is overpriced, rarely goes on sale and the online is fucking garbage

the next switch will have a sharp screen that offers better res and will waste less battery. the lite is supposed to have it already. but don't go counting on a new "switch pro" not even sure how the fuck that gay ass rumor started but its shit.

the next gen is ps5 and xbox scarlett. don't count on nintendo upping the stakes with the momentum they are having currently. they are the japanese jews of gaming and wont change specs unless its to prompt basedboys

What about ps6?

PS3 2006 PS4 2013 PS5 2020

They should skip over ps5 and go straight for ps6. It sounds better.

Can you imagine the awesomeness of the Switch 2?

>Foldable screen
>Built-in VR
>Graphics only slightly below PS5/Xbox 2
>Full-backwards compatibility
>No joycon drift

penis plug-ins

switch 2 better do everything the sheikah slate can

owning a switch is the first time i've enjoyed a console since ps2/gamecube days. i mainly use PC but the switch offers too much to miss out on. 100% worth owning and it's lifetime is far from over. i expect a skyward sword hd and a sunshine hd as well. also botw 2 is in the works. yeah just buy a switch

Ugh, not that i don't love Cuphead, it's just i am a PC gamer who has always liked indie stuff so i already own it...and a shit ton of popular indie games on Switch.

That being said, i do think the Nintendo exclusives look cool and fun, Astral Chain seems to be a good game and there are indie games only on Switch like Golf Story that i would love to get.

Also, freaking Super Robot Wars V and X are illegal to obtain for western PC gamers due to stupid licensing rights but Switch gamers can just make a japanese account and get those games, that is pretty damn awesome.

Maybe not interested that much in the indie game department, at least in games released on PC as well, but the Switch does seem like a system i would love to have.

And it bears repeating, Cuphead is awesome, the art style alone is fantastic and just looking at the game itself is a treat already.

Unless you greatly value portability, no. The Switch has like 5 exclusives worth a shit and half can already be emulated

Only if you like Nintendo 1st parties. Switch multiplat support is dead.

Wish I could figure out how to hack it user. It's already two months and didn't play a single game on it. It's a hackable version (v1.0.0).

They already did, I traded mine in on the weekend
has a ton more battery life, otherwise it's pretty much unchanged.
though it wouldn't surprise me if they turned the more efficient processor into some kind of performance boost in some games, since I'm sure a big problem was heat throttling and the new model runs WAY cooler

In all fairness, it was Iwata himself that made the bonehead move of mentioning a Wii U successor and even giving out the codename just a year or so into their current console's admittedly short life. This made the second half of the Wii U's lifespan the "I'll wait for the NX version" period. It's not surprising people would assume the same thing of the Switch, even if it's far more successful.