Is there a single game in which weapon degradation adds to the complexity of the game and is not just a chore that...

Is there a single game in which weapon degradation adds to the complexity of the game and is not just a chore that results only in you having to go back to a blacksmith for repairs?

Attached: 1385167858962.png (725x725, 630K)

Does shield durability in Mount & Blade count?

zelda botw

system shock 2, it's also casual filter

i kinda like it because it makes me use a wider variety of weapons

Botw

b8

Probably this and nothing else. Not that its a good game at all.

Do the knives from RE2make count? The durability factor plus being able to use them as a self defense item felt like it helped the fight or flight decision making the series is based around.

Fallout 3 actually
do you repair your weapon or switch them out

Stalker

>Is there a single game in which weapon degradation adds to the complexity of the game and is not just a chore that results only in you having to go back to a blacksmith for repairs

What did he mean by this?

Dark Cloud

Far Cry 2 with its % chance of weapon jamming increasing.

Since Fallout 4 introduced individual weapon parts being items, I'd like to see a durability system on individual parts, and actually being able to swap out individual parts. As opposed to the 3 & NV system of having to use entire weapons to repair each other.

The funny thing is they added a bunch of bullshit to quake 2 that they preached about being bad design in doom and quake. I wonder if when romero left they didnt have someone that could say no since carmack didn’t care.

Same with TLOU melee weapons.

Monster hunter if you get that skill that makes blunt weapons do 2x damage, only really works with the hammer though since you still bounce off tough hides unless you superpound or perfectly time the last hit of the triple pound.

Far Cry 2

that you could at least interpret what you're reading

he was wondering if any games have a system mechanic for durability that's not just a glorified health bar and health potions

SS2

Monster Hunter
Some games in the series can let you use skills that instead increase your damage based on bluntness instead of sharpness

Cursed Crusade was great.
Weapons break all the time but every enemy drop their weapon when killed and it's not a pain to pick them up.
You're forced to change weapons all the time and adapt and since there's no retarded weapon tier you don't have to worry about keeping your best weapons.