Is USUM the peak of this specific genre of games?

The satisfaction of collecting, breeding, interacting, on a world map this big. With a pokedex that huge, you can also feed, heal and touch your mons, they have unique animations for some interactions. The adventure aspect of mainline pokemon games are so strong, maybe not as much to jaded older players but they feel like very complete and fleshed out journeys from the humble beginnings to the Hall of Fame screens. Can Sword and Shield possibly top USUM with a much smaller roster and maybe a smaller world too?

Attached: 156949302930419.png (359x359, 217K)

USUM is shit. BW2 is the peak.

BASED

>BW2 is the peak
How so?

The world isn’t actually that big. It’s probably smaller than Johto.

>It’s probably smaller than Johto.
[citation needed]

It does everything as well or better than any of the other games, including the very best post-game

The islands are all small with lots of empty space. There’s more to do but the map design isn’t exactly amazing

This

It's the biggest in scope just in the amount of stuff they crammed into the world like the manta ray game. Also it feels like a more genuine adventure with your pets, being able to give them food and have them react to your touch. They really got the essence on what the core appeal of Pokemon is. Along with adding mega evols, Z-moves, just to spice things up and the pokedex roster was the best.

That’s not what I’m arguing. I’m saying the overworld leaves a lot to be desired.

>it’s probably smaller than Johto
>probably

Actually, there is no citation needed. He didn’t outright make the claim, therefore, supporting evidence is not needed.

Something tells me that you didn’t go to University, or if you did, it was for Gender Studies or some shit.

You sound upset

I want to fuck mallow

USUM's pokedex >>>> BW2's pokedex
The name of the game is mons and I'm gonna prefer the one with the better selection of mons.

Platinum is objectively the peak Pokemon game and won't be topped by sword and shield

Yes HOWEVER.
USUM had a dogshit singleplayer.
>Unskippable dialogue every 20-30ish seconds
>Bad story
>Bad optimization
>Festival Plaza
>Little to no post game
>Bad pacing
>Horribly linear. Probably more linear than Final Fantasy XIII unironically.

BW2 >>>> platinum
PWT is the best endgame ever

Eff Pee Beep EEE

>400 x 200

No its not

Dialogue and bad story are just problems with jrpgs in general and apply to other Pokemon games as well. No one plays these for the amazing writing and pacing. I also don't see how it's any less or more linear than the other games at least to a significant degree. I think USUM just near perfectly captures the essence of Pokemon's main appeal and has the best pokedex ever.

Attached: 1565420696555.png (391x391, 261K)

After all of this dex autism, I have to ask: what IS Pokémon’s main appeal? I’ve heard several answers. I thought it was the Pokémon, but apparently that’s not true.

Those problems are really really apparent if they're the main focus of the games. The main single player story is just a linear snooze-fest and being a third party to RIRRE. WHILE getting interrupted every so often with unskippable dialogue.

The Pokemon yes, but having a big roster won't mean shit if the game itself is really poor, or is a long tedious snoozefest like Gen 6, and 7.

cute

It is the pokemon, hence me repeating that USUM has the best dex. The best selection of Pokemon. It's also the adventure aspect which they fleshed out very well because you can actually somewhat interact with your mons now.

Writing has never been Pokemon's strong point, what you're saying applies to all the mainline games. What matters in Pokemon is the adventure and the mons which I feel like USUM is the king at.

Attached: 156583293410432.jpg (300x300, 17K)

Wrong.
The adventure is a total drag, The amount of unskippable dialogue makes progress, and even just playing through the game normally a complete chore.
Yes the amount of mons is a great selling point. But more often than not, you're spending more time during dialogue/cutscenes, than actually battling or "exploring" the linear world that is Gen 7.

SM and USUM are a series of gated hallways, there's very little exploring taking place.

>Get to a new Island
>80% of it is blocked off
>Can only explore one area until you sit through 15 minutes of inane dialogue or do a thing
>Every route is small and linear, every trainer has one fucking Pokemon
>Repeat until all of the island is """explored"""

The Pokemon variety was fine, but progressing through the game is just awful.