The absolute state of Overwatch

The absolute state of Overwatch

Attached: 10.png (1914x979, 2.29M)

how did they not see this coming?
Supports and Tanks aren't fun to play, especially if you're stuck as the main tank. Nobody wants to do such a mundane role. The whole role system is flawed as it assumes people actually want to play as the tanks and healsluts, when most people go in expecting OW to play like a shooter.

Paladins is such a better tf2 clone and tf2 itself is still fun. This game was always shit. I'd rather play a game that is completely fucked up and full of bullshit that is still fun than that piece of garbage in op.

I love playing Rein, I have 300 hours on him, closest second is 100 on mei.

This is literally any game with roles, OP. Tank and Healer are always prioritized and given incentives because nobody wants to play them. FF XIV and WoW do the same shit.

I want Mercy to stomp on me

Revert all changes to mcree and reaper

paladins has better waifus too
/thread

I always thought their original intent was have 1-tank, 1-healer, 4 DPS, especially with all of the health packs everywhere for DPSs to re-cooperate. In fact, that was the whole meta shortly during beta. That actually made perfect sense too because then you had more flexibility, and you appealed to the majority of players who wanted to play DPS most of the time and not just play only healer or tank.
Instead they shoved the 2-2-2 meta down our throat and designed the entire game around it. They didn't think during beta "Oh, look, most teams are 1-1-4, why don't we just work around that". This is why it suffers and won't win back a whole lot of players.

You're right. Ash in paladins > recolored widowmaker in OW

The actual problem is the meta of SHIELDS FUCKING EVERYWHERE which makes playing most of the damage characters fucking awful as well

>One tank

If that one tank goes anything but shield and the enemy has a shield your team is pretty much fucked.

>I love playing Rein
you are absolutely in the minority on that one, most people hate playing rein. Mei is popular with pretty much everyone, though, as her kit is versatile and has a bit of everything.

Damage characters also outnumber tanks and medics considerably.

Althou to be fair some tanks are realy fucking good at killing squishy targets.
Winston skirmisher style jumping behind enemy lines can melt snipers and medics and when he gets low he just jumps back to heal.
Road-hog is also legit better at killing shit than some assaults.
I think the reason why assaults are important is the fact they are the only characters whit reliable team kill ultimate's.

Stopped playing when they nerfed McCree and never looked back

Thanks doc.

I stopped playing this shit game after they nerfed Hog for no fucking reason.

What did they do to mccree? I quit playing 1 1/2 years ago when T500 became fucking unfun as fuck with Widow/Hanzo.

From what I can gather, Widow/Hanzo should be removed from the game and shields should be nerfed significantly (or limited to one per team, and tanks should be given other abilities to make up for lack of shields)

So do you have to do 15 matches to get a rank rating, or do you have a rating for each role? Because if it's the latter then it's going to cause all sorts of ranking problems, especially considering you can only be so much of a healer.

that's why you had health packs everywhere that healed you fully before they nerfed them. Some DPSs made up for their lack of HP with quick getaways.
My guess is this didn't make the game too exciting for eSports with everyone running around the map trying to get a headshot, so they ditched it, despite it being fun as fuck and the entire point of a FPS.

see shields, specifically rein, was a huge mistake. Even this this day, rein's shield and his ult are too fucking good comparatively speaking, Orisa did very little to shake it up as she didn't counter rein well enough in most cases, and Winston is only really good for dive strat. Sigma is a step in the right direction, but is too little too late.

This, but I wish the TF2 “team” would stop fucking with fun weapons for the sake of competitive mode

Rein is an easy character to sweep with if you have good heals focusing you.

This is especially dumb because the DPS outnumbers Tanks and Medics combined.
And some DPS can self heal on top.
I think they need to figure out a way that still lets people pick their role but at the same time levee space for more than just the 2 2 2 meta.
Like if the game had 1 mandatory medic and tank slot but the other 4 are reserved for 2 dps and 2 slots that can be voted for.

Cool downs and ultimates are a terrible idea

you are right, it is funny that they are still struggling with shields when in Paladins you just pick an anti-shield/card.

Sigma was a massive mistake. His shield is really good and his damage/control is insane. He's more of a mistake than Reinhardt was.

having too healers in general goes a long way in this game anyway

Specially when a lot of ults are terrible.

Once widowmaker pops her you know you can't peek and prettu much avoid it altogether.

Orisa and Baptise are literally the same shit.

role queue destroyed this game, people are adandoning it in droves. instead of basing the game around its intended 4-1-1 comp (which is why there are twice as many damage heros as the other groups) they listened to esports faggots and forced 222 onto everyone

Each role has its own rank.

>competitive
there's your problem

Attached: 1476242672285.gif (320x218, 1.55M)

Sigma was clearly designed to try and counter rein

Wrecking ball is a blast.

>competitive overwatch
Just play arcade quickplay or classic you tryhards.

Attached: 1566985082166.jpg (750x736, 216K)

that's what you get for picking a rogue

mcree used to be able to 1shot anyone with his flashbang hammer combo

Lol

Based.

I turned to Rein after the shooting mechanics started to bore me and charging scrubs into walls is the tops.

it's no coincidence that they're the most complex tank in terms of abilities, most heroes are shallows as shit.

Rein is the only balanced shield. He moves slow as fuck while using it. His only attacks are melee and a slow ranged charge.

Heroes like Doom, Tracer, Genji and Sombra make his life misserable.

Orisa and Sigma can just fucking spam shields without actually getting penalized.

I enjoy slapping shitters as Winston so I don't mind much. I do wish I could switch to damage sometimes because those mouthbreathers have a hard time clicking on people.

Tanks were too strong conceptually to be limited to just 1 on an optimal team. The calculus is fucked up and as bad as tanks are at DPS, since most offensive heroes are made of paper it didn't matter in the slightest. Tanks were just DPS with either massive shields or more HP. That's why tank meta and Goats was basically immovable regardless of nerfs.

>people are abandoning it in droves
As long as my queues stay lower than 30 seconds like they've been, I don't realy give a fuck. I got my $40 out of this game years ago.

none of the shield tanks are remotely balanced, and the whole concept of shield tanks is inherently flawed

>Supports and Tanks aren't fun to play
The only time I have fun playing this piece of shit is as Zarya, though.

zarya and wrecking ball are the only fun tanks

it's funny because the tanks and supports are actually broken in this game and why it's so terrible to play at times and even STILL people won't play them. they give tanks endless shields to spam and let supports heal for 10 million health a minute and people still would rather use damage heros

blizzard needs to admit the game is fundamentally flawed and retool everything from the start.

blame blizz and their autistic need to shoe-horn tank/heal/dps meta into every single one of their games.

i feel like this game punishes me for having fun, that's what sucks

desu the sniper meta sucked and then the shield meta sucked and all the metas in this game are just so anti-fun

desu cawwaduty nailed it

The game seems very different from when it first came out. My friends and I used to play it a lot. We avoid it now. Queuing with this 2-2-2 thing takes far too long. We used to complain about it taking 2 minutes now it takes 7.
I don't understand why they did the things they did honestly. Blizzard seems to have an "unfun" mindset. Like making it so only one person can play a hero in quick play. Or constantly changing numbers.
Weird stuff.

Overwatch needs the Cauterize feature from Paladins.

Blizzard, I think games balance themselves when they're fun to play.

No, my son, we must use social engineering to make our game fun.

>i feel like this game punishes me for having fun

Not the game, but the retards that want you to play whatever meta the pros are using.

For a while the meta was 3 tanks two healers.
DPS characters just aren't that good.

This improved the game immensely

Good, fuck you grouped faggots. If you want to play with the huge advantage of a preset group you deserve a 10 minute wait.

I'm surprised not more people want to play Tank at least since Tanks in Overwatch that aren't Reinhardt are just DPS with more health.

Damage heroes are more fun to play and usually easier.
One shotting someone as Doomfist will always be better than melting someone with Zarya.

t. no friends

This. Make Overwatch 2 and be done with it. I never understood why they thought they could emulate the success of Starcraft 1 and extend the life of a game for a whole decade. If people like the 2-2-2 mechanic, let them play Overwatch 1. Release Overwatch 2 next year with new maps, new mechanics and features, don't put that shit in Overwatch 1. 4 years is long enough. That's about the same period video game lifecycles used to be, which is why we saw literally the best most timeless games ever released.

based

It does punish you for trying to have fun. Tanks were a mistake.
I'd be willing to bet people in bronze/silver had more fun than people higher than them. They didn't have autists screaming about meta or bad heroes.

>earn loot box
Is the carrot on a stick approach the only one blizzard knows?
And the carrot is shit

>And the carrot is shit
Maybe for you, but not for the thousands of normalfags who keep playing just to get those skins

Skins are out of place garbage that ruins the themes of games. Like having everyone in CoD run around in clown suits.
It sort of works in Overwatch because there's no theme or story.

Based fellow Rein player.

The themes of games?
Really?
That's what's bothering you?
Not because of the increasing focus on microtransactions thanks to them or the retarded normalfags that keep buying them, but because they ruin the theme of the game.
Okay.

If people are retarded enough to spend real money on a virtual cosmetic item in a video game then that's their own problem

I don't care. I don't buy them. I have never bought them.
If it didn't ruin the theme I wouldn't care if some moron sold his house for them.

Rein is just less fun Doomfist.

nigga...

you can whine about lack of polish, hirez greediness and stupid decisions but at least Paladins is balanced around what is fun
>tons of cards/skills/items to counter deathballs
>only 1 person needs to be in the point so the rest of team are free to explore the map
>slow health regen so a full DPS comp can win(tho it requires lots of effort and luck to achieve)
>no chokepoints and all maps are symmetrical so no unfair advantages to any team
>comp has bans so you can ban the aids champs
>a character is beating your ass? build yours to counter him

Kinessa / strix are the bane of shields with that maxed. Used to be willo back in 4 talent absolutely broken old patches

How the fuck do you play doomfist?
I always die before I can get close enough for a kill

Is there a character that's as fun to play as Tracer?

I feel lile im the only person that doesn't like dps. Ive always prefered tankd and healers.

Jump around like the ape you are. You have to be quick and sneaky. Honestly he is just a worse Genji.
Typical assassin like character.

>Paladins
Is the game actually good? When I saw it I just thought it was chinese bootleg Overwatch

It's got that f2p grind to it, but it's Overwatch for big brain people.

The Modern Warfare beta was pretty fun.
Search and destroy with rez is an interesting game mode.

Abuse the space bar bug on his abilities, slam and 1-2 shots to kill any 200 hp hero, punch to safety with the jump bug for double distance.

Paladins has its own problems. The meta in Paladins is two tanks, two DPS, and a healer. So it really isn't much better than Overwatch in that regard.

The fact is healer and tank players will always be a minority in hero shooters, so they should fulfill niche roles. As far as I'm concerned, the meta should just be 6 DPS. Healers and tanks can play their roles but should expect to play the sideline role that their demographics would support.

Even in TF2, who honestly plays medic? I've never even once tried the class. Why would you play a shooter game just to heal other people while they shoot? It's a niche interest. It shouldn't be part of the meta, it should be a side thing if it even exists at all.

Talus and Evie are bootleg Tracer but you might also like Koga, Lex and Maeve
it has similarities but it also has enough differences to make it unique like skills customization, locking characters and picking items to counter certain comps(it is 100 times easier and more intituitive than your average moba)

Stop trying to talk about Paladins, Palababs. Just because your computer's too shit to play Overwatch or your aim's too awful to play a game with actual hitboxes doesn't make your game any better than Overwatch. They're both pretty identical. Cancer characters rule, aim based carries take a back seat. Healing is ubiquitous, deathblobs sit on the point and wail away at eachother for ages on end, tanks stomp squishies, it's the same basic formula, even with wrecker and cauterize 3.

Because as Doomfist you go fast. As McCree you aim fast. As Zarya you don't do anything fast. It's boring as shit and the character designs of tanks are universally awful.

Paladins and overwatch both run on the switch so fuck off nigger.

it was dope

You haven't even tried it.
Replying to this guy for attention.

they would have fixed this and made the meta much more fun if it was 1 tank 4 dps 1 healer

i have over 200 hours in Overwatch, Paladins wins everytime keep seething.

why even include tanks and healers in the meta at all senpai

I doubt even 1/6th of the FPS community wants to main healer

counterpoint: they're both garbage games, and neither is worth your time.

>make a shooter
>why people only want to play as the guys that shoot better?

Attached: cs.jpg (461x669, 29K)

well I have 2000 hours in Paladins so I don't know what to tell ya buddy

>worse genji
Genji can't just ignore barrierwatch.

>you guys should stop playing this shitty game and start playing a cheap knockoff that's even worse
what a fucking terrible idea

>overwatch is a shooter
based retard

>tfw girl (female) likes to play with my boyfriend
>we both main Moira, I also main Mercy
>Moira is the only support he knows
>he likes to queue support with me
>stuck in Mercy hell to never play Moira again unless we queue different roles and even then most people take her first

it's adorable that he likes to queue the same role as me and it's lovely that he likes Moira as much as i do.
but it hurts, i really like Moira.

cause having tanks and healers create an obstacle that's fun to play around. But too many shields and heals just turn the game into a boring stalemate game where people just sit around till ults come out and they pop em to see who wins. 1 healer and 1 tank would (probably) fix this. And there is a very small % of people that like healer. The queues would definitely be shorter for healers but at least dps wouldn't have to wait 30 minutes anymore

despite all the polish and the cool graphics that Overwatch could have i feel like my soul is being drained after a single match, this don't happen to me with Paladins.

if you did that, literally nobody would stand on point. the purpose of 2 tanks is there's always someone on point.

tanks actually ruin this game

imagine how fun Overwatch would be with 4 dps 2 supports. and make the supports be skill based like Zen or Ana.

a game like that would unironically be top tier

the payload gamemode may well be a necessary casualty of BTFOing tankshitters out of existence, user

>getting a lootbox for being a healslut
I like that.

Attached: 3476483756.jpg (987x812, 177K)

if you wanna play a team deathmatch game, you have other games.

You could give the players a "football" that one player carries from one end of the map to the other, if you want a DPS version of payload.

just play grifball in halo.

i see you lads are of good taste
Mögen wir die Schädel des Feindes wie ein Spatzenei zerquetschen

Attached: 1523749690057.jpg (470x492, 36K)

Attached: 03D5D57B-5C16-4670-BCF8-4EE2577FA758.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Attached: thumbs-up-gif.gif (400x300, 1.43M)

>Make shooting game
>Who wants to not shoot?